• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Revival of Magic (interest check)[Closed]

TheAdventureBegins

Wwwwhaaaaaat?
Disclaimers and beginning notes

*This rp follows along some lines of pagan magic and religion, but is not exactly it-please don't be upset with anything clashing it is intentional. I've taken monsters and ideas from other religions as well and just mushing things into my own world. The word witch is nongendered in this rp! Everyone is welcome. This will be more of a mature rp with darker themes.*

*This Rp will be heavily affected by the moral choices of our characters. I kind of want why to be a surprise, but if this is confusing let me know. *

*There is a bit of information I leave out in this rp. I.E. the history of magic, the translation of the prophecy and more. This does not mean I don't have it figured out, I do! I have put a bit of time into the physics and reasoning of this world.*

*I posted this in the fantasy section just because it features high fantasy and my own laws and universes. This does take place in modern day Earth*

*I want this rp to be long running! Please don't give up on it if people don't reply within the first day or two.*
---

A comet
A kiss
A little wish

All it takes to become a witch
A college friend group find themselves studying late one night on a history project, researching the Salem witch trials. What they don't know is each one of them have witch blood running through them. Nor do they know that they are apart of a great prophecy. When each of them have reached the age of 21, on the full blood moon during the blue meteor shower they will become the most powerful witches to walk the Earth.

When the clock stroked midnight the meteors began flying through the sky-bolts of blue never seen before. The friends were each thrust into their own vision where they were greeted by two figures. One a handsomeman shrouded in darkness with soulful eyes who promised absolute freedom and fun. The other a woman with hair of pure moonlight and beauty of ice who promised power and knowledge. When decided they seal the deal with a kiss and vanish leaving the witches shaking in their bed. Next to them is a book full of spells, and a new surge of power flowing through them.

There will be many wanting the group dead, monsters they hadn't known were real. Witches not wanting the prophecy to be fulfilled and so much more. They will feel changes in them, turning to more dark or light practices. Their whole universe is about to change, and none are prepared for what is in store.

*There will be different phases of things they have to get over. First they will have to learn their magic-make choices that set the first moral tone of the rp- Do they use their new power for personal gain? Get back at the bully? Get themselves out of trouble? After this tone is set then we move into the attacks.*

The gods of witchcraft
*Depending on the personality of the witch they will choose one god to follow. Which god they follow will give them more power for certain types of magic and learning styles. *

The high goddess: She is the beginning of magic it being born from her womb. Her followers are typically studious or power hungry; they are powerful with chant type spells, quick spell casting, or anything that requires long tedious concentration.

Her consort- While magic was born from the high goddess it was only through her consort it was possible. His followers are more intent on being free and doing whatever they want; they are powerful with charms and hex's, potion making and quick spell creation.

---

Magic

Magic in this rp follows a little closer to modern day witchcraft, but with twists to make it what I want. Spells are the most powerful and least volatile way of magic-the longer the chant the more powerful. There is magic without words, but the way it manifests depends on the type of book they have, and none of the witches can do this till much later in the rp. Hexs can either be from just a chant, but to make them more powerful the chant has to be accompanied by a magic tool(athame, string wound a certain way, hand movements in certain ways).

---

The Books
*Each of the witches have a different book. Who gets what book will be generated randomly. I'll assign each book a number and depending on character posting order I'll roll a die on first come first served basis. I think this will be a good way to mix things up a bit and will be fun. That way most characters will have to grow and see how they fit in with the book given to them. This could lead to some good blocks, maybe some of the characters just don't have the same morals as their book and have to learn to get past it. I have this idea that once the witches get more accustomed to the book it starts acting more as a familiar, whispering information, helping in their own way, or even causing chaos.*

The book of life-This book focuses on healing and protection. It has a bit of every kind of protection magic-from chants, to potions and charms-morally good but not just. It cares for healing and life, no matter who its protecting. This was the high goddess book once, it holds the secrets of the beginning of magic.

The book of death- Offensive magic line this book. Pages filled with poisons, hexs and rituals for attack are found inside. This book is chaotic neutral and aligns with the witch morally, for death comes for all. This book will have the strongest moral sway to be ruthless.

The book of earth-Mostly long and powerful rituals line this book of all kinds, how to make and find items/plants fill many of the pages. Most of the religion the witches learn will come from this book. This book is just, but also nurturing-like a mother- caring for it's witch.

The book of air- This book is the most morally good out of all others. It focuses on the balance of the world. It holds spells for divination, potion making, and mostly binding rituals. It teaches how to go in and out of meditative states for faster and stronger casting.

The book of water- Charms, and spells of healing are this books main focus. It is the only book that can teach to heal the mind. It also has a few darker pages with hexs and spells to hurt enemies. This is a morally good book, having strong emotions that affect it and the witch.

The book of fire- Fast cast spells, and spell creation are the main focus of this book for both offensive and defensive magic. The spells in this book can be extremely volatile, but powerful if done right. This will be the first book to teach silent casting. This is a chaotic neutral book that is swayed by strong emotions.

The book of spirit- This book teaches spells that require strong mental dexterity. It will mainly teach astral projection, invocations, tarot, and eventually how to commune with the dead. This is a neutral chaotic book for all who toe the line with the death plane tend to loose their mind a bit. It holds the secrets to the prophecy.

The book of sin- This is the most self serving book, with mostly charms and hexs. It has spells to enthrall monsters to the witch and then to use them for their biding(the more monsters they control the harder it is to command them). This is a selfish book, whatever that may mean morally.

The book of revenge- This book is full of long thought out offensive spells. It takes long to master the spells, but the payoff is great and powerful. This book uses hand signs(think sign language) and words for fast casting, none of the full spells able to be done quickly. It teaches how to harness power and to use strategy. This book will probably be the most vocal to the witch. It typically leads to do morally wrong reads.

The book of Hatia- This book is completely hand written, full of every spell type. Potions, hexs, charms, chants all of it. This book does not speak or help. It is the only lifeless book, unable to help the witch. The history of the universe, world and much more fill this book-all in a unreadable language-. Accompanying this book is a black cat who seems to help lead all the witches down a certain path.

The book of storm- This book will teach offensive spells specifically aimed around the weather. They are long and always need some item for casting. It teaches the power of emotions and most of its spells depend on them. Same goes for potions and charms. Is a morally good book.

The book of love- This book has a child like sweetness to it, probably the youngest book of all. No offensive or hurtful spells are found in it. Mainly teaching to be creative, have fun, and be free. It has lots of room to create spells, potions and charms of their own. This book is moldable to become anything morally.

The book of misery- To read the spells of this book the witch must offer a little blood each time. Dark magic fills the inside of almost all the pages. Spells to cast horrors, hexs to cause pain, spells for torture, how to create illusions of nightmares and many more. The book is morally bad and actually feeds off the misery that the witch causes for others.

*Words of interest*

Witch- Any gendered/nongendered character.

Spells- Chant based magic. Can be invocation, rhyme or just words of power arranged to work.

Charms- An item infused with magic to do a certain thing. They can be used for protection, pain, good luck, love and much more.

Hex- A chant or item infused with magic. Typically it is to cause harm, or pain. Can be used to trap someone.

Fast casting- This is creating a spell/chant on the fly as they cast it.

Meditation- All spells in the rp require a little meditation to be able to dig into their magic.

Please let me know if you are interested!! Or if your confuse/have questions

Last edited:
*Pat Adventure's head. I am going to be surprise if someone gets Hatia, because they gets to have a kitty. ^33^

I am pretty sure that someone will join us if we keep talking like this. ( Need a ooc thread. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back