• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Return to Middle Earth

Questor

Here is an idea I had for a multi RP. Plot is simple. Some elves return to Middle Earth. Characters can be elven or human or dwarf, but they find out what happened to Sauron's brother and the evil he spread. As the RP develops they will find out what they have to do to save the world form another evil reemerging.

It was never told who Sauron was or where he had come from. All that was known was he appeared in Mordor and forged the one ring that bound the other rings of power to it. With the one ring he began to conquer the lands about his desolate domain. The elves were always good at keeping secrets and Sauron was one of them. He had been an elf at one time.and Elron knew him well and had come to Middle Earth with the other Elves. Somewhere in the bowls of Mount Doom as he explored it, an ancient evil took control of him and when the rings of power were created, he created the one ring and through horrible torture and magic he turned his fellow elves into the orcs and waged war. The humans and dwarves never knew this and even after his defeat that knowledge was not told to any one. But the elves were ones for keeping records on everything and in them was the history of Sauron. In those records it also told that Sauron had a brother that had traveled far to the east after he had explored the bowls of Mt Doom with Sauron. What became of the brother. The records never showed. For he seemed to have just disapeared, or so it seemed.

Now many years had past since those troubled times when a few Hobbits showed the world what they were made of. Mordor was destroyed and remained a wasteland. Gondor flurished under Arragon. Rohan grew strong again and was a strong ally to Gondor. Samwise raised his family and then one day a grey ship arrived and took him to the Misty Isles, the last ring bearer, even if it was but for a short time. Merry and Pippen also married and raised families. Many a times they visited Gondor and Rohan, but eventually died and were buried beside their kings.

The orcs had scattered through out the lands as did the mercenaries that had flocked to Sauron. There were still many battles and troubles through the years following Sauron's second defeat. The elves were gone, the dwarves retreated to their mountains. It was the time of man now. But a new trouble was brewing further east, past Murkwood and the Lonely Mountain.

But from the west, across the ocean came a few Gray Ships. They were not there to pick anyone up but to let some off. A number of Elves had returned. They had been born in Middle Earth, and not on the Misty Isles. This was their home and where their hearts lay. Some were returning to Rivendale. Here they would raise their families and hopefully over the years would begin to repopulate the elven city. It was the time of man now, so they kept to themselves mostly. They did not let humans know they had returned and with their magic, kept them from finding Rivendale again. But a few set out to find adventure and their own ways. Lothran was one of those. He had been at Helms Deep and at the battle before the Gates of Mordor when Frodo and Gullom had fought within Mount Doom for the One Ring and it was finally destroyed. He had seen the lands of Rohan, Gondor and the like. He wanted to see what lay beyond the Lonely Mountain to the East.

He journeyed with his elven friends till they reached Rivendale and then he continued on east through Murkwood and on to the Lonely Mountain. Here he paid his respects to the New King Under the Mountain before traveling on. He died his hair black and kept it long to cover his ears, and he wore his hood up over his head most of the time as well. He had heard other elves long ago had traveled east but no one had heard from them or seen them. They did not return to the Gray Haven and take ship back to the Misty Isles. Another task he had set for himself. Find them and see why they had not heeded the call, and if it was because they wished to stay, perhaps join them.

*Caution: Nerd Rant incoming* Not to spoil your fun, but I highly suggest you read The Silmarillion. Not only does it explain Sauron's creation and the reason he is the way he is, but also of his many "siblings", the Maiar, who includes Gandalf. *Nerd Rant finish*

From a creative writing stand-point, this looks highly interesting, seeing as you took a well-known story and have your own twists to it. Despite my previous rant, This might actually make for a good RP since you're not bound to follow the actual plot but to forge your own.

I honestly hope that my "criticism" didn't offend you, I just thought you might like to know that all of these facts are actually clarified, that Tolkien did not simply leave it open-ended. You may actually find some inspiration in reading The Silmarillion, as there are dozens of fantastic pre-LoTR tales there. Cheers and best of luck! ( ^_^ )/

LOL not at all. Never read the Silmarillion, didn't know what may have been told about Sauron. But this is Role Playing and open to interpetations of those that play. This is our take on how it was and what could have happen after the Return of the King. So that said, would you be interested in playing?

Are there no intrested players beside gilmoregirl?

I'm interested but I'm not that confident with my writing abilities, so I may need to touch up on them before roleplaying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back