• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Restless (Horror/ Haunted Survival)

Shura

Pounce Ninja

YxLmWxNdbgSv2NDDubcOehb3x8.jpg

Restless

Plot Summary

A group of high school students are taken on a field trip to Mystic Falls Psychiatric Hospital. What starts out as a history lesson turns into a persons worst nightmare as the group finds themselves trapped in a haunted asylum filled with ghosts both sane and mentally unstable. In order to escape they have to try and puzzle together a way out while trying not to die.

General

Level:

Casual

Writing:

1-2 Paragraphs Minimum

Genre:

Modern / Mystery

Tone:

Haunted / Horror

Focus:

Character development in a high stress environment

Inspired Series:

Corpse Party (Not connected in any way)

Mechanics : Fate Rolls

Type:

Dice

Who:

DM only

When:

Encounters, situation

Modifiers:

Conditional / None

Bonus:

Given based on background, inventory and previous actions in the RP

Scale:

1d10 (1 - Bad : 10 Excellent)

Players

Characters/ player allowed:

Possibility of death/injury:

High

Characters:

High school humans (14-18)

Connecting Thread:

Club Field Trip

Supernatural Features:

None

Enhanced Ability:

Above average human level - Only if trained (Sports, Studying computer, read/watched lots of mystery books/shows)

NPC

NPC:

Ghosts/ Other lost victims

Playable:

Upon request / as needed for plot

NPC Condition:

Only allowed if you prove to be committed to the RP

Aggression level:

Helpful - Neutral

Antagonists

Type:

Ghosts

Aggression Level:

Angry/ malicious - Vengeful

Identifying Factor:

To be discovered in RP

Motivation:

Theorized to be vengeful spirits.

@DamagedGlasses @Elle Joyner @Der Kojote @Fujiwara Tadayoshi

Awesome! Writing up Information and Lore as we speak. I'll probably have the RP up soon

Canton-Asylum-with-Swing-Sets%5B1%5D.jpg

Mystic Falls Mental Institution

A once thriving medical facility built in 1930. It was a facility geared towards the treatment and recovery of pediatric patients. However due to overcrowding there was an adult population which gradually grew. Many of its former residents have described as being akin to a prison, with the patient's strictly disciplined and frequently sedated. There were many experimental procedures done within the facility, all done with the intention of helping patients. However the success rate was very low.

Over its 50 years of operation the center became the center of controversy and investigations. Due to overcrowding there wasn't enough staff or security to keep the facility safe. There were many cases of everything from staff abusing patients to patients over powerstaff. The growing adult population posed a very real threat to the children population of the facility. There were several cases of children being beaten and abused by both older patients and staff. Punishment and detainment were also very inhuman as some of the more unruly patients were bound to a bed for the majority of their stay resulting the decay of physical health. Unethical procedures were done to many of the facilities patients with and without the consent of caregivers.

Lawsuits and reduced funding made thing more difficult for the facility to run. The population of patients dwindled, especially with children. In the end it was a horrific fire of unknown origin which was the final straw. Only two wings of the large facility went up in flames whoever hundreds of died in the blaze. The reason was never found out and the facility was closed for got in 1983.

Today the facility still stands untouched since the day it was abandoned. There have been rumors of squatters who living within the shell of the facility. More popular speculations have been made that the Asylum is haunted by the souls of those who died in the fire.

I have some ideas but feel free to come up with some as well. There will be some ghosts left to any ayer to control.

Sent from Tapatalk

Okay cool, I may have a few ideas on that case ^^ want me to pm you when they're fully made? I don't mind keeping them a surprise for the RP

Shura said:
Focus: Character development in a high stress environment
The confident become the cowards, the mice become the lions, the norms become the crazies, the crazies become the...more crazies! (^U^)

Hi, I'd like to reserve religious History TA for this RP Please

The amount of thought work I'll have to put into these posts... not a lot.

xD Shouldn't be too far from your standard a day at work Kojo. Well except for the spirits trying to eat you.

I can picture it now.... my character will hear things. all that would escape his lips "the fuck is that.,.. the fuck is this... the fuck am i doing..."

First response "POWER OF CHRIST COMPELES YE!" See that it does nothing "Ehh...that's all I got. Make like the Russians against napoleon and retreat?"

Woot! I'm getting excited with a bunch of ideas like Death letters, patient files, diary entries. ^^ If any of you have ideas feel free to make suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back