• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom .:Resonance:. [w/ Ramune]

ChibiMonkey

Why stop dreaming when you wake up?

864fdc2c0cb05e3bb52ee1c856d99b73--hot-anime-anime-guys.jpg

Appearance: Long green hair, average height at 5'11, silver eyes.
Name: Kyosuke Haruma. Nickname: Kyo
Other: Kyo is a relatively laid back type of personality, and due to his soft looks and laid-back attitude, he used to be mocked frequently of how terrible a weapon he would make for any meister, and that he wouldn't be that strong. Of course, this isn't the case at all, and on the contrary Kyo is incredibly loyal to the core to his friends - especially his meister.
Soul Appearance: Bright neon green, typical spherical shape for the most part, typically only one eye on the soul showing, the other covered in tufts, in resemblance to how his hair is always pretty messy and in his face, covering one eye (as shown in image), and the expression on the soul otherwise neutral and blank.
Weapon photo:
drawn-scythe-double-5.jpg

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The sun had long since risen over the horizon, but without any missions or anything in particular to do that day, one certain Weapon being was sound asleep in his bed, forgoing breakfast in his love for sleeping. Kyosuke Harumo was often seen as a lazy good-for-nothing by those who didn't really know him. He lacked most facial expressions that many others expressed on the daily. Well, that wasn't to say he lacked them per say, however, rarely used them. Quite the contrary to his Meister, who almost always seemed to have a smile on his face, Kyo just argued that his friend had enough energy and smiles to make up for him, so he himself didn't waste the energy on it. Though despite his lack of expressiveness most of the time, Kyo was an individual who often felt the hardest, and was incredibly empathetic - despite acting rather apathetic on the outside. If he's sad, he could become incredibly sad and a wreck on the inside, when happy, he was incredibly happy, when mad, incredibly happy, when in love...he was head over heels. Like with one particular individual who he already considered his closest friend, and his Meister.

At some point, the sun cracked in enough through the slightly open blind in his room, having leveled high enough in the sky to now be hitting directly against Kyo's eyes, causing the green haired male to groan out a bit in protest, as though the sun would listen to his complains and disappear. Rolling back over, he pulled the covers over his head in attempt to regain the sleep he'd been disturbed from. But now that he was awake, his mind decided to fully wake up and forgo sleep. Sighing heavily, he yawned as he sat up in his bed, running a hand through his disheveled, long locks of hair that were a clear bed-head mess, his bangs splayed out in his face even worse than they were normally, and some even sticking up. Glaring at the window and gap in the curtain as if to blame it in silence, he turned his attention away from it as he slipped fully out of his bed, remaining in his pajamas as he headed to the kitchen of the apartment he lived in, and shared with Yuu.

"...What time is it...?" he half mumbled to himself as he opened the fridge door, staring tiredly in it for something eatable, only to frown in disappointment at the lack of things that interested him. Should he go shopping, he wondered? Glancing around idly, he wondered if Yuu had already woken up, and what he was up to, though didn't put too much attention into it. It was late into the morning at least, so he figured he probably already was. Glancing back to the fridge as though something more appealing would appear suddenly, he just sighed and grabbed eggs and other basic ingrediants, before getting to work on making an omelette.

Yuuma/Yuu Ren
sbk-png.392905

Appearance: Yuuma stands at about 5"8, and weighs around 150lbs. His hair is a sherbert-brownish color, and is often pinned back as it tends to get in his eyes. Speaking of which, his eyes are a striking crimson scarlet, extremely animated and often the portal to his inner emotions. His clothing is often as shown in the photo, but without the gloves.

Other: Yuu's personality can be described as more of a happier kind of person. The one who searches desperately for any sort of silver-lining even in the darkest of moments. He can be quite excitable and it's difficult to get him calm down if he's got his mind set on something. However, if he must be, he can be utterly silent, and the moments when he is upset, which are rare, are obvious to detect. His body language is an open book, the young man wears his emotions on his sleeves.
Soul Appearance:
The shape of the soul is as always, round, while it glows a soft red. The top of the soul has a sherberty-orange tuft that resembles Yuu's messy hair, and the expression upon it is almost always beaming with a grin.

-------------------------------------​
The sunlight that poured through his window caught the sleeping meister's eyes, his sharp crimson orbs fluttering open as he groaned gently. Suddenly, he toppled over, Yuuma's face brightening up in a horrified expression as he tumbled over the side of the bed, bringing the blankets with him. A loud 'thud!' resonated through the floor as he fell onto the carpeted ground, his eyes closing shut once again. As always, the sherbert-haired boy had tossed and turned in his sleep, resulting him in a position where he teeters on the edge of the bed, tempting fate as he woke up. Would he fall? Would he realize where he was and snap back onto the bed? Nope. Most times it leaded to just this--

Yuu sprawled out on the floor, his hair a mess, while the blankets tangled him up.

What a way to start the day, huh?

The young man let out a loud huff, sitting himself up as he tried to free his limbs from the grasp of his plush blankets, tearing the sheets off as he pushed them back on the bed afterward. After a moment, Yuu rubbed his eyes, yawning quietly, before it turned to chuckles that shook his frame. He couldn't help it, I mean, every time this happened, he couldn't help the laughter that followed afterward. It was just a habit that started off his day. Now if he didn't fall off the bed, then you could be worried.

Closing his eyes, he searched mentally for the sensation of his weapon's soul, a smile curling his lips as he sensed the wavelength rummaging through the kitchen. Ah, so Kyo was up already? It was 9:00, and the guy usually did wake up earlier than Yuuma. So it only made sense.

Standing up, Yuu grabbed the brush on the nightstand besides his bed, quickly running it through his orangy locks to tame the messy mop of hair. Deeming it neat enough after a few more combs, he set the brush back down, stepping out into the small hallway. "..Kyo?" He called out sleepily, bright crimson orbs blinking once or twice.

The sound of plates clattering together lightly only enticed the meister to walk over more.

Their apartment wasn't large, but it wasn't tiny either. Instead, it was rather open and spacious, the kitchen's island having only a couple chairs, before it flowed out into a small living room where a TV and a couch sat. Just in front of that, the door to the sidewalk. It was really nice, to Yuu at least. He's never been able to live somewhere like this and have someone with him like this. Honestly, every morning he woke up was his favourite now.

"Kyo, what're 'ya making?" He inquired, stepping over into the kitchen as he joined his partner, peering over his shoulder to see what ingredients the emerald-haired male had out. He had a feeling today was going to be a good one.

Just as he had started on his omelet, he heard the clockwork morning thud resonating from his friend's room, causing a small smile of amusement to curl at the corners of his lips of his typically expressionless face. Shaking his head to himself, he received his answer that Yuu had still been asleep, as was noted by the familiar thud of the other falling out of his bed in the morning. At that moment, Kyo then decided to start on another omelette for his friend. There wasn't a whole lot else to eat in the apartment, and he figured the other would be hungry.

While the two of them weren't terribly broke or anything, they were basically living nearly paycheck to paycheck with their missions. They had only graduated just over a year ago and entered the working world as an official Meister/Weapon duo. While they were a great team, there were plenty of other elder duos who had more experience, therefore, it wasn't often he and Yuu got big missions. They had enough to survive just fine on what they earned, but every now and then it would be nice if they got some bigger jobs.

He'd just finished the first omelet, plating it and setting it to the side just as he heard the others soft footsteps pattering out to the kitchen to investigate what he was doing. "Hey hey, don't be so nosy ya mooch. This is my food" he teased the other as though implying Yuu had to find his own meal, before a small smirk fell on his lips and he nodded his head in the direction of the recently plated and still hot omelet "That one's yours. Eat up" he offered, before turning his gaze back to his own meal he was just finishing up cooking, before turning the stove off and plating it, sitting at the island in the kitchen which also acted as their table.

"We should probably go grocery shopping later. We're pretty low on food" he pointed out as he then took a bite of his food, glancing over to Yuuma to see he'd bothered to brush his hair out already, whereas Kyo himself still had left it a mess. Well, it wasn't unusual for him. His hair was almost always a mess, though he tried to brush out his longer hair somewhat at least so it didn't get tangled too badly or anything.

"Mooch? Awh, that's hurtful," Yuuma teased lightly, and at the mention of his food quickly stepped over, scooping the plate up effortlessly. "But I have'ta say, your food is always the best, so don't mind if I do,~" He hummed lightly, the meister strolling over towards the kitchen's chair, hopping up onto it as he set the omelet down onto the island's counter. The boy picked up the fork that accompanied the plate, and waited eagerly for his weapon to sit down with him, not willing to start eating without him.

"Was someone over here last night that I didn't know about?~" Yuu commented, a grin forming on his features once again as he tapped the fork against the plate, a gentle chime ringing out as he did so. His gaze followed Kyosuke, noticing instantly the mess of green locks atop the other's head. While it did suit him, it definitely looked better combed through. There had been times Yuu had been tempted to pet the scythe's head, but he always refrained himself, although, it was starting to get hard to. I mean, the strands looked so soft and inviting. Was that weird? Probably. "Your hair makes it seem like it,"

Teasing was always something Yuu was fond off, and his mischievously red orbs that flickered around only made him look more devious than it would otherwise.
A little devil. A ridiculously happy devil.

After the weapon finally took his seat, Yuu glanced up again, nodding in agreement. "Oh, yeah. We can do that later though, right? I mean, it is really early!" He hummed softly, bringing a scoop of the omelet up towards his mouth as he ate. As always, the warm flavour seeped into his mouth, greeting the meister with a well-deserved welcome. He swore, Kyo must be some sort of God or something-- I mean, he made something so good with only what they had left! Which was truly impressive in the eyes of someone who couldn't cook for the life of them.

Hearing the other compliment his food never got old, and always filled Kyo with a sense of pride. He really did love pleasing the other and making him happy, ever since they had first met. Yuuma may not have thought much of it - or maybe he did, Kyosuke didn't know - when he had accepted Kyo with that large, ever-present smile on his face, but that had been one of the happiest days in the green-haired male's life. It was a simple act to many, but for Kyo it meant a lot. He had been incredibly lonely, though he always acted like he never cared, or it never bothered him others thought so little of him.

Yet Yuuma hadn't seen any of what the others did in him. He wasn't just someone who was friendly enough to want to be his Meister, but to Kyo he was more like a savior if anything. So something even as simple as being able to make food for the other that he liked was music to Kyo's ears. Though he would never express anything more than a simple thank you of appreciation, knowing that too much gratitude might seem odd for something as simple as food. He wanted to do everything he could for the other, which is also why he was happy he could be his weapon, so that he could protect him. That ever-present smile on Yuu's face was one of the most cherished things to Kyo, as gushy as it sounded, he knew, and he wanted to protect it.

Joining the other down at the island, he raised a brow when the other asked if he had someone over last night, looking at the other entirely clueless. He blinked a bit as he stared at the other wondering what he was getting at, before he referenced his mess of a hair "Oh..." he trailed off lightly, instinctively reaching out to touch some strands. Knowing how much Yuu loved to tease him back though, he just gave the other a dead serious stare - which, was rather easy considering he hardly expressed much on his face anyways "Yeah, I did. They didn't stay the night thought, sorry I didn't tell you" he acted casually, wondering if the other would believe him as he took another forkful of food into his mouth to occupy himself and his taunting lie.

After mentioning shopping and the others comment to do it later, he raised a brow "Yeah, obviously" he scoffed at the other after swallowing the food in his mouth "Do I look like I'm ready to head out anywhere right now?" he pointed out, before adding it to his continued lie that he was playing off of the others teasing "After all, I don't really want the whole city knowing what I was up to last night, as you pointed out."

((I'm on the phone at the moment!! I'll edit things once I get back out he computer~))

Honestly, Kyosuke was a godsend to Yuuma. Everything before the moment that led to them meeting was an absolute nightmare. Yuu's family had never been around for him much, but he never expected the drastic measures his father took to get rid of him that day. In order to get away from him, the meister researched about the DWMA, thrilled at the idea of being partnered up with someone to stop the bad in the world. However, it took him a while. He didn't have any skills as a weapon wielder, and he certainly had little to no stamina thanks to him eating almost nothing everyday before then.

However, meeting Kyo in the DWMA's front doors was everything to him now. One of his fondest memories. He even remembers how he asked the other to be his partner.

"Hey! I'm Yuuma! I'm new here, and I don't know much...but I saw you from across the hall and was wondering if you wanted to partner up with me!"

The memory was fresh in the crimson-eyed male's head even now. It was a day he'd never, ever regret.

However, that same weapon he was subconsciously praising struck Yuu back with a tease of his own, something rare. The meister dropped his fork, almost chocking on the egg as he glanced up. "It was Kid, wasn't it?! Or Maka! I saw this girl giving you the looks the other day, it was her, huh?" He teased in return, letting out a soft snort as he shook his head.

"Yeah yeah, I get it Mr. Flirt. Lemme guess, you got the walls soundproofed?~"

Yuu hummed, letting out another laugh as he continued to eat. "Well, next time give me a heads up, maybe I'll join ya,"

Last edited:
As Kyo was busy with his comeback shot smoothly back at Yuu, he didn't realize the other had similarly just been reminiscing about when they first met, and the day they partnered up together. Kyo had given up on asking anyone, knowing no one wanted him. He didn't look strong physically, his features smooth yet attire and hair messy giving him this lazy sort of vibe that no one trusted such a weapon would be useful in a fight for, let alone protection. So when Yuuma had randomly come up to him all chipper asking to partner up, Kyosuke had been at a complete loss for words. He couldn't do anything but agree in a quiet voice, with a simple "Sure". His lack of emotive response wasn't a sign of his disinterest, but more so his awe and bewilderment with the other. It was ever since that day he wanted to know more about the male who so freely wanted to be his partner, and grew to value him and his friendship and company.

When he slyly responded back to the other how he had indeed had someone over - though he of course hadn't - he smirked a bit at the others reaction. It was rare that he could catch Yuu off guard, especially with a teasing remark or joke. The other usually was so fast and didn't miss a beat in anything, easily having comebacks and responses. Though today Kyo seemed to get one up on him, causing him to smirk a bit on his usually blank face, before hearing the other asking about who it was, his guesses of either Kid or Maka causing a short laugh to snort out of his mouth, somethign quite rare of him - unless in the company of Yuuma. Yuu was always able to affect the stoic and expressionless male so easily.

"Oh please, you know the only time Kid can stand to be around me is when I'm in my weapon form" he joked out, though it was slightly true. Kid couldn't stand the way Kyo was always so dishevled, especially the mess his hair was always in and messily covering one of his eyes, rendering him unsymetrical and imperfect in Kid's eyes. However, the OCD male had always admired him in his Weapon form, where he had two matching blades on each end of his handle making him a beautifully symmetrical weapon in Kid's eyes.

However, when the other commented on letting him know so that he might be able to join next time, Kyo practically choked on the eggs in his mouth he had been in the middle of chewing. Having inhaled pieces of egg practically, he coughed out a slight choke, his hand covering his mouth slightly as he felt his ears burning in embarrassment at the sheer thought of such an act.

The other's reaction of course made Yuu laugh once more, nodding gently. "That's true! Kid practically fawns over you when you transform, which isn't fair!" He hummed, cracking another grin. "I wanna be fawned over," Eating the rest of his food, he only glanced up again when he heard his partner choke and cough, raising a brow playfully. Of course that one got to Kyo. The young man always seemed to woundly tied to being embarrassed with those kinds of things, while Yuuma's reactions were more open and unexpected, mostly with him responding with the, "What time?" kinda manner. Over time, Yuu began to adapt to this, and he found more ways to poke fun at the scythe.

Like now.

"Okay okay, I'm just messing with ya K, no need to turn so red,"

He rose his hand to his mouth, hiding his grin underneath his fingers as he continued to eat, finishing up the last bite of his omelet. Humming happily, Yuu set down his fork, resting his head on the table sleepily, without a care in the world. "That was delicious." He stated matter-of-factly, spending a few more moments resting before he had to clean up his dishes. Raising his head slowly, the boy picked up his plate, quickly slipping off the chair as he slinked off towards the sink.

"Wanna watch a movie or something?" Yuuma quipped softly, running the tap as he washed off his plate, setting the freshly cleaned item into the rag besides the sink to let it dry. Turning on his heel, the meister leaned back against the counter, glancing at his weapon with fond carnelian eyes. "Seeing as we've got not much to do before we head out, we can put something on in the living room,"

Quickly trying to calm himself down, knowing his reaction had been a bit more than obvious, he cleared his throat awkwardly "I-I know!" he stammered out quickly and awkwardly in stubbornness, before quickly shoveling a few more bites of food into his mouth and chewing away to try and distract himself from his embarrassment, and to throw away the thoughts that now plagued his mind from Yuuma's implications - even if only joking ones. After a minute, he finally calmed down enough, silver eyes darting over to the mischievous and teasing red-eyed devil friend of his in sheepskin, a small smile falling over his lips as he once again complimented his food and nodded his head lightly "You know, I really should teach you how to cook. I honestly don't know how you still can't even make something without burning it" he tried teasing the other in efforts to cover him his own previous embarrassment from before.

After finishing his own food, he stood up and followed suit to the sink when the other finished, and cleaned his own plate as well as the pan he used to make the omelets. Hearing the others suggestion of a movie, he glanced over to the other before giving a slight shrug "Sure, we have the day off so it's not like we really have anything else to do" he commented as he finished cleaning the plate and pan, setting them to the side to dry beside Yuu's that he had placed minutes before. "Why don't you go ahead and pick something out. I'm going to go ahead and get dressed" he commented, since he was still in his pajamas and his hair a bed-head mess.

It didn't take Kyosuke all that long to change, he threw on his typical clothes, which resembled those in picture of him, though a tad more put together and buttoned up. He ran his fingers through his hair several times, trying to neaten it out without a brush, though ended up taking one to the green strands briefly enough to at least get it tamed and behaved. Arriving back in the livingroom, he plopped himself down comfortably on the couch "You find anything yet?"

"Yeah! Teach your ways Sensei~Kun~" He teased once again, red orbs catching the scythe's grey ones.

Yuu nodded, watching Kyo leave to get ready for the day. Glancing down at his own outfit, he contemplated on if he actually wanted to change or not. I mean, shorts and a sweatshirt were a pretty good combination for a day inside. After a moment, he just decided to stay in what he was wearing, strolling over towards the couch to put something on. Plopping down onto the furniture, the male stretched, tipping over so that he flopped onto his side, head resting on the couch's arm. "Ah.." he hummed softly, finding comfort in this already.

There was something about spending the day being lazy that was just so magnificent.

As he turned the TV on, the boy flipped through the channels, gazing around tiredly as he searched for something to watch. There was literally nothing on. Nothing that they'd be interested in, at least. Yuu spent about five more minutes switching through the channels before eventually, he settled on some chick flick that was playing, pressing the channel before setting the remote down.

Yuuma yawned, curling up into a little ball at the end of the couch, the footsteps of Kyo walking back into the room causing his eyes to flicker over towards him. "I did, but it's some chick flick or something, I tried to find something interesting, but there's nothing on," He admitted, the sherbert blonde resting his head down again, closing his tired eyes for a moment as the couch sunk in at the other sitting down.

When he arrived back in the living room, he didn't recognize what was on the tv, though whatever it was he wouldn't complain, since he'd left it up to Yuu to pick anyways. Beside it was his suggestion to watch something, so Kyo didn't really mind whatever it was. "Hey you big oaf, you're hugging the couch" he huffed at the other seeing him sprawled out on his side. Lifting his legs with one hand, he slid himself beneath the males raised legs to sit down, before letting his feet plop back down onto his lap.

After asking the other what he found for them to watch, he listened to his response before his eyes fell back on the screen and he shrugged his shoulders "Hey, it's something I guess" he commented as he reached behind his head, pulling his long hair up so he didn't sit back against it too much as to not pin himself there by his own hair. Pulling it up, he tied it up into a high pony tail, rather messily done still, but hey, it was out of the way.

Noticing the others yawn, silver eyes glanced over to the other curiously "Are you still tired? Aren't I supposed to be the one always sleeping?" he joked lightly about his lazy reputation "In any case, you can go back to sleep you know. Just try not falling off the bed again for even a nap" he joked at the other lightly again with his bad habit of always rolling around too much in his sleep, and rolling right off the bed with a signature thud every morning.

"Oops," He grinned, his legs falling suit onto Kyo's lap as he moved around them. Yuu relaxed a bit more, happy to just be laying with his partner today. It had been stressful during their time at the DWMA. Especially for Yuuma. Having no experience as a scythe meister really tore them down compared to the others. He'd always screw up the movements somehow and ended up getting too tired to complete the lesson. Part of it wasn't his fault, seeing as he's always had this strange eating problem that was only fixed a year or so ago. It never allowed him to eat more than a couple bites at a time, otherwise Yuu would feel sick. It happened a lot when he lived with his father back then, but, not wanting to think about him, he pushed those thoughts further away, and welcomed the other ones.

Being a scythe meister finally clicked for him a couple months in, and he swore to himself he'd always try his best to not let down his weapon. Every time during their resonances, it sent a shudder down his spine. He didn't know how strong a weapon/meister bond could be until he met Kyo. There were still things he didn't tell him, but for the most part, he trusted their strength and relationship deeply. It was like having your other half glued to your side. It was amazing.

Anyways, he was just happy he could sit here with Kyosuke today, after all they've been through. One good day to make up for all the rest, that's what he needed. A pet on the head, a hug, something.

"I'm not sleepy.." He defended himself quietly, slowly sitting up as he leaned back against the couch. "Watch, I bet even if I do fall asleep I won't fall," He cracked another smile, watching the other pull his hair up into a ponytail. His scarlet orbs watched the other intently, not being able to remove his gaze. In that moment, an overwhelming urge to hug the scythe washed over Yuu, and being Yuu, he gave in, wrapping his arms around Kyo, resting his head on his shoulder with another yawn. "Hey, you remember Soul, right? He's pretty lazy. But still an amazing weapon, an' he's got a pretty cool scythe form, remind you of anyone?" He hummed, still smiling as he tried to raise the other's ego once again. He knew how sad Kyo could get with himself, so Yuu often gave little compliments, even if they weren't necessarily compliments, but they were all truthful.

When the other argued that he wasn't sleepy, Kyo just let out a slight scoff "Oh yeah, I could tell" he commented sarcastically in a teasing tone. He honestly wouldn't mind if the other went back to sleep thought. It had been a while since they'd had such a calm and relaxing day without absolutely nothing to do, and Yuu deserved the rest if he wanted it. Hearing his comment about not falling off of the bed though he rolled his eyes "The day that happens I think the world will end. And honestly, how have you never even had a concussion once from all those falls? You know it's probably be a smart idea to put cushions or something around your bed on the floor each night before you go to sleep" he pointed out, actually not thinking that last thought was such a bad idea. He did sometimes worry about the other, thinking one of these days he was actually going to hurt himself with those falls.

He was just finishing putting his hair up when he suddenly felt the others arms around him, and his eyes widened a bit in surprised as he looked at the other, a faint blush dusting his cheeks. He supposed an upside to leaving his bangs so messily over half of his face practically aided in the need to hide his face when he blushed and was embarrassed, which, with Yuu clueless about his feelings and often saying things that triggered them strongly, was rather often.

A small smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he wrapped his arms around the other and hugged him close, savoring the moment that he could hold the other closely like this without it being random or suspicious. In fact he rarely got touchy with the other in fear even a simple hug would give away his emotions for the other. THough, that didn't mean he resisted any attempts when Yuu was the one giving them, such as now.

Hearing his comment as he brought up Soul, he was confused as to where he was going with it before he realized he was trying to make him feel better and not think to negatively about himself like many others suggested about him for his lazy behavior. In an attempt to hide such insecurities he had, which he knew Yuu could see in him, he played the others comment off as a joke "Oh? Well I guess it reminds me of him himself. If he's so amazing and cool, I'm surprised you didn't try to take him from Maka" he joked lightly.

The young man relaxed, patting Kyo's back with a huff. "Oi, I'm talking about you, dummy...Soul is super amazing though, I have to admit, despite them being younger than us, they're a really impressive pair. I mean, how do you even do Kishin hunter? We gotta work on that," Yuu commented lightly, still baffled such a young meister and weapon duo could be that good. He still remembers the first time he saw them fight against an opponent. It. Was. Amazing.

Closing his eyes, Yuuma sighed softly, finding comfort in being held like this. It was such a nice feeling, and it sort of made him never want to get up. He was perfectly fine like this. Moving so that he practically sat on Kyo's lap, he pet the weapon's head, grinning at the other's blushing expression. "But I think I found the right partner, huh? I don't need any other scythe, I got the coolest one right here,"

That he meant, for sure. Yeah, many of the other weapons he had come across were really cool, like Liz and Patty, or Tsubaki. He found every single one of them really interesting, but the weapon that stuck out the most to him were scythes. Upon seeing Kyo that day, only to learn he was a double-sided scythe, only made him more encouraged to work together. He didn't care if the other was lazy, hell, he was too. But honestly Kyosuke was far from lazy in his mind. He was an excellent weapon, and Yuu loved him nonetheless, platonically or romantically he didn't know.

He was the only person here for him anymore.

Yuu rested back down again, sliding off the forest-haired male to sit besides him instead. His carmine orbs soft with a certain kind of contentment. "Honestly, I mean that. I don't say it enough, but you're the coolest partner ever," The strawberry-blonde gave a childish thumbs-up, grinning broadly.

Feeling the pat to his back and joking insult, Kyo chuckled softly "I know" he assured the other since he of course knew Yuu was trying to talk about him. "I'm not really anything like Soul though" he admitted, feeling as though it was true. Perhaps Yuu was right in that they were both lazy yet stronger than they looked, but even Kyo didn't give himself that much credit. Of course, he always trained and studied hard so that he could be great weapon for Yuu, feeling like he could always do more for the other to show his appreciation and gratitude that Yuu had picked him to be his partner that day. But Kyo felt it was never enough. He always wanted to be better for the other, because Yuu deserved that, and everything more. "Maka and Soul really are something though" he agreed when the other brought up how talented the two were, since he couldn't deny that - not that he would even try to "I heard the first time they did Kishin Hunter it wasn't entirely intentional. Like how does someone unintentionally preform Kishin hunter?" he chuckled lightly with a shake of his head, just relishing in the moment of having Yuu in his arms.

As the other turned the attention back onto him though, and complimenting him genuinely with his thoughts of him being the coolest and best partner and weapon, that blush returned to Kyo's pale cheeks, glancing away from the other awkwardly in embarrassment, flustered by the male's compliments and the way he was practically on his lap right now "I may not be as strong as some weapons, like Soul...." he trailed off, unintentionally hugging the other a bit closer in his embrace "But I promise I will always protect you, Yuu..." he murmured softly, still averting his eyes away from the other in embarrassment at their momentary soft and gushy moment together about their partnership.

When he felt the other begin to slip off of him, Kyo released the other from his arms and let him get off, moving to sit normally beside him, and he glanced to the other as he more casually commented on his appreciation for him as he weapon, and he smiled at the other "I could say the same about you, Yuu. I still can't thank you enough for picking me that day" he commented, before playfully ruffling the others soft sherbet colored hair, mostly to rid himself of the own bubbling of embarrassment inside himself.

The confirmation that he would be protected by his weapon was soothing, the young man hugging tightly as well before he slipped off of Kyosuke. "And I to you, as your meister, am obligated to carry you relentlessly through battle! No matter the beast, I will never drop you, intentionally, at least," he laughed shyly, the movie on the screen in front of them long forgotten.

As his hair was ruffled, Yuu laughed a bit louder, closing his eyes at the playful contact. "Well I mean, you stood out a bunch from the rest. Messy clothes, messy hair, lazy stance," He waved a dismissive hand, a smile evident on his features as he glanced towards Kyo, bright orbs opening again. "Plus, your wavelength. It was a lot different than everyone else's. You seemed...lonely. I was interested in you, so of course I asked! Plus, I was sorta lost, but it just so happens that I was lucky enough to be granted the coolest most awesomest weapon ever." Yuuma stated matter-of-factly, nodding his head curtly in approval.

After a moment or two, Yuu's bright expression faltered into one of sincerity, his hands fiddling with each other in his lap as his gaze dropped. "Yeah...uhm, thank you. Without you here...I...probably wouldn't be in too good of a place..."

Hearing the other get a bit more playful in his tone, he chuckled a bit "I appreciate that" he commented when the other mentioned never to intentionally drop him "But really Yuuma, you're pretty amazing yourself" he reminded the other, knowing how Yuu could get especially in the beginning of their time at the school and being partners, Yuu had struggled the first few months before he got the hang of being a scythe meister, and he knew how Yuu could get in thinking he was weak because of that sometimes. "After all, aside from the fact that no one really wanted me, not many people can handle a double sided scythe as skillfully as you can" he complimented the other "Scythes are one thing, but having a blade on both ends can be difficult for a meister who doesn't know what their doing. I've heard a lot of stories of the meister ending up cutting themselves due to having to be mindful of the blade that isn't always in their vision. Granted, in the beginning you did cut yourself a bit" he teased lightly "But I mean seriously, you're amazing Yuu. Don't forget that okay?" he said with a small smile.

When the other commented on picking him because he stood out, and because of his lonely sort of wavelength, he frowned a bit awkwardly at that, shrugging his shoulders to hide the slight embarrassment, though as the other just went on complementing him again, he huffed, ruffling the others hair a bit more roughly this time "Alright alright, that's enough with the flattery. You don't want an egotistical weapon do ya? Sheesh" he huffed a bit with a roll of his eyes, though, while he to others it might seem he was brushing the others compliments off and being rude, really it was just Kyo's way of trying to hide his embarrassment.

GLancing to Yuu when he became a bit more sincere in his tone and words, not all playful, he listened to his words, before offering the other a small smile "I could say the same for you, Yuu" he commented softly. If Yuu hadn't shown up, he wasn't sure if he would have ever found a willing Meister. And there was no point in having a Meister who didn't really want to be with you. Aside from a bad chemistry, that lack of care towards each other and reluctance would show through in their fighting, and they wouldn't be compatible at all. So if it wasn't for Yuu, Kyo doubted he would have been able to become such a great weapon, let alone be one at all maybe. "Aaaaalright" he huffed, jumping up from the couch "It's getting to sappy in here. What do you say we go food shoping now?" he suggested, wanting to change the atmosphere from the slightly deep and emotional one it had become.

When Kyo complimented him and reminded him of their beginning days, he laughed lightly, red warming on his cheeks. "Oi, I know I know, I still have the scar on my hand from the first time we tried the spinning technique! That was terrifying. I thought for sure I'd end up killing myself!" He admitted ruefully, blushing lightly when the other continued to praise him. "Mmhm, thanks Kyo," Nodding gently, Yuu's mind continued to stray back towards their earlier days, when not-so-strong Yuuma attempted to carry a heavy double-sided scythe for the first time. Professor Stein often watched their sparring practice together and was amused by their 'incapability' at first, but ended up finding respect for how quickly they were both able to adapt to each other so quickly. Their Soul Resonance was sharp and loud, and it certainly did the job. In those moments, Yuu always found himself able to connect with Kyosuke in a deeper way. It was really, really nice. There's no other way to put it besides their partnership being strong.

As Kyo deemed the situation too gushy and sappy, Yuu glanced up again, cracking a small smile. "Yeah, you're right," He stretched his arms above his blonde hair, the strawberry locks falling over his eyes for a moment before he blew a tuft of the strands away. "It is starting to feel cramped, let's get going!" Standing to his feet, the meister strolled to the front door, slipping on the sneakers that awaited him on the tile floor. Finishing tying them, he jumped to his feet, snatching the keys off the hook by the door, tossing them up into the air before swiftly catching them again, repeating this action once or twice before he glanced towards Kyo.

"Ready Kyo?"

As the briefly reminisced about the older days when they first met each other and began working together as a team, Kyo laughed lightly as well in amusement, remembering all the struggles and hurdles that they had overcome together. Both as partners as well as missions and such other things as well. Over the years, the two of them grew incredibly close working side by side and counting on each other.

Shaking the reminiscent thoughts from his head, he changed the subject from all the sappy emotions, and brought up the shopping they needed to do. Following the other to the front door, he smiled a bit watching the other toss around the keys in the air a few times, and walking up beside him he snatched the keys as they were mid air from a toss "Yup" he smirked at the other "lets go" he said as he headed out of the apartment with the other after slipping his shoes on. Locking the door, he tossed the keys back to Yuu as they headed down the street, heading to the grocery store "What kind of food do you want to get?" he asked the other curiously.

It didn't take them long to walk to the store, as their apartment was in a pretty convenient location for just about anything they would need. Arriving at the store, he grabbed a cart as he headed inside with the other "If you're serious about wanting to learn to cook some things, I'll teach you" he commented, bringing up earlier that morning when they had been slightly joking about Yuu needing to learn to cook "Is there anything in particular you want to try making?" he asked curiously, thinking that if the other did want to, they could try it out and would need to figure out what ingrediants they would need to pick up while shopping.

As the keys were snatched out of the air, Yuu's gaze quickly flickered over towards Kyo, scoffing lightly at his smirk. "Alright, show-off," He teased in return, following the slightly taller male outside before the door was locked behind them, the previously taken keys tossed back towards the blondie. Grabbing them, he stuffed it back into his sweater's pocket, not seeming to care if he was still in his pajamas. Oh well~ Enjoy the view world...~

"Hm, maybe some rice and some more fruit? I'm not too picky." Glancing over at Kyo, he raised a brow, staring at the male for a while as they walked down the cobblestone street. "Hm, have you ever thought about getting a stage name? That's what Soul Eater did, and EternalFeather." Sometimes, weapons or meisters took on stage names, instead of using their real name on missions and stuff like that. As mentioned before, Soul Eater's real name was Soul Evans, but he had switched it, so now the full thing is Soul Eater Evans. A pretty cool name if Yuuma said so himself. "Kyosuke is a pretty good name considering, but it just doesn't strike the way it needs to! Think about it, Kyosuke the double-sided scythe! Nope, doesn't work, huh?" With that, Yuu lifted his arms up, shrugging. "Mr. Super Bloody Handsome Cool Guy double-sided scythe works though." With a grin, Yuu walked into the store with Kyo, simply messing around with him.

As they entered the store, a guy by the door stared strangely at Yuuma, obviously eyeing his strange choice of clothing to wear in public. It was just shorts and a sweatshirt people! No need to stare. "Take a picture, 'll last longer." He muttered quietly, just low enough for the man not to hear as they passed him, stepping into the aisles instead.

"Woah, really?" He blinked once or twice, red orbs catching a visible ashy grey one, the other hidden by a mess of green locks. "Hm, well, how about udon? It's simple, right?"

Nodding his head idly in response as the other listed a few things off, he agreed "Definitely fruit" he agreed on the pick, since Kyo himself loved fruit. He wasn't sure what it was about the juicy-ness that came from them, but they kind of reminded him of souls in a way. They just both had that refreshing, filling aspect to them he supposed that made them similar. Which, now he was thinking about souls. "Hmm, I wish we could go shopping for souls" he muttered with a slight pout "We really need to start going on some more missions" he commented as they entered the store, noticing the look that Yuuma was recieving from one guy, and he smirked a bit in amusement before pushing the cart down the isles, looking for things to get.

Hearing the other start commenting about a stage name of sorts, he glanced to the other with a raised brow, looking rather bored "I don't really see the point. What, you don't like my name?" he teased the other lightly as they continued down the isle, grabbing a few things he saw that would be good to have, and some things that would last a while, like soups and the such. When Yuu came up with his own over-dramatic suggestion, he just smirked a bit as he glanced at the other "So you think I'm handsome, huh?" he teased lightly, only joking as he went turning his attention to the fruits as they got to that section, picking a few out, especially ones that went well together so he could make smoothies, his favorite type of drink.

"Udon? Sure, that should be easy enough" he agreed when the other seemed interested in actually learning how to make something "It's probably a good idea for you to know how to make at least one decent meal" he teased the other again "So long as you follow my instructions, I think its safe to say you might not even burn anything."

Yuuma nodded on agreement, letting out a soft sigh. "Yeah, you're right, we can go and check the mission board later if you want," It had been a couple weeks from their last mission, and they were due for a new one very soon. Even Yuu himself was itching for a new mission! He wanted to get out there and fight again. On the battlefield, he was a completely different person-- serious, determined, and utterly strategic. He wants to feel that rush once again.

He wants to feel that sensation of pure adrenaline with Kyosuke by his side.

Walking through the aisles, Yuu glanced around at the shelves, humming softly. "Sure, you're handsome. I mean, why wouldn't you be?" He grinned lightly, glancing over at his weapon as a couple walked past, hand in hand. As that same couple exited the doors of the store, it let in a gentle breeze, tussling Yuu's strawberry locks. "Besides, your name is fine, I'm just messing with you~"

As his bad skills with cooking were brought up, the meister scoffed again, reaching up to study a pack of smokes on one of the top shelves. "Yeah yeah, I'll probably burn down the entire house..." He joked lightly, turning the box of cigarettes I'm his hand, glaring at it. "You know, I've always hated these tobacco sticks of death. I don't see the appeal to em..."

At the mention of checking the mission board, Kyo's eyes lit up a bit "Really? Awesome. Hopefully they have some good things to choose from at least" he commented in thought. Despite how people often though Kyosuke was incredibly lazy, when it came to hunting souls, he really enjoyed it, especially with his partner. It was a thrill that he looked forward too, not only the adrenaline and the fight itself that brought a fun challenge, but also the feeling of specifically when he and Yuu fought together, and the way their souls - well, resonated. It was an incredibly warmth feeling that he couldn't put into words, but he loved it.

He was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard the other commenting that he was handsome, sounding genuine about it and he blinked a bit as he stared at the other in surprise, not really having expected the response. He expected the other to respond with some sort of teasing remark or something like that, but that was far from it, causing the other to blush a bit at his sincerity, before awkwardly clearing his throat and looking away, letting the topic drift and quickly distracting himself with some more items he placed in the cart.

Moving on through the isle, he briefly teased the other again about his cooking as he responded about burning down the apartment, he smiled and shrugged "Hey who knows, with my teaching you may even be better than me" he joked, watching the other pick up a pack of cigarettes and stare at them for a moment "Ah, yeah...I don't know. Guess it helps some people? I think they smell disgusting though. Professor Stein always had one lit didn't he?" he recalled, before continuing through the isle, looking at the items in the cart "Is there anything else you want to get?" he asked, thinking they were about ready to check out with the items.

So did father. He always had one of these. This exact brand.

Quickly, Yuu placed the smokes back onto the shelf, clearing his throat as he glanced away. "Yeah, no...I think we're good." He walked with Kyo to the cashier, helping place the item on the belt so that they could check out. Don't think about it. He reminded himself, the young man looking out of it for a moment as he placed a carton of milk up, watching the jug get swiped up and charged, then set into a small baggie with other items. "That'll be 29.99 please," The cashier hummed towards the pair, snapping Yuuma out of his thoughts as his red orbs flickered upwards. "Right, hold on," Rummaging through his pocket, he pulled out the wallet, taking some of the money given to them by the DWMA and handing it over. Why couldn't he stop thinking about it now?

As the change was handed back to them and their items were placed in two bags, Yuu took it upon himself to carry both of them, offering a small and tired smile towards Kyo. "Let's head back then and get this stuff in the fridge, it's pretty hot out," He commented, glancing away again as they started to walk out, the same man from before staring at the two as they left. But this time, Yuuma didn't bother to say anything.

It took him a moment, but the blonde slowly stopped his dark thoughts, another smile placing on his features. "I think we should go swimming or something today, it's getting warmer by the second!" He chimed, his gaze lifting towards Kyosuke's as they walked down the sidewalk, people passing by. It was a normal, sunny day, the broadly grinning sun beaming hot rays down on them, and for a moment, Yuu regretted wearing his sweatshirt.

Continuing on down the isle after his short comment regarding the cigarettes, Kyo at first didn't notice the slight change in Yuuma as he continued on casually, heading towards the cashiers when Yuu agreed they were all set to check out. It wasn't until they got in line though that he noticed Yuu's typically vibrant scarlet eyes weren't not as bright as they usually were, this being the first thing that caught his attention, along with the lack of Yuu's signature smile. Looking a bit closer at the others face, he frowned a bit as he furrowed his brows. Something was clearly wrong with the other, or he was at least distracted by something on his mind. What was it?

Before he could even register the cashier's voice and the total, too distracted by what could be troubling Yuu, the blond male was already taking his wallet out and paying for the groceries. Kyo didn't make much of a complain about it though - he would just by the next trips. As their food was all bagged up and ready to head out, Kyo followed his friend outside, before slipping his hands beside Yuuma's, swiftly grabbing the bags out of his hands "Hey, you paid, so I'm carrying them" he spoke, not really giving the other an option as they continued to walk down the street.

Even as Yuu was talking about the hot weather and going swimming, Kyo still had a concerned look on his face as he stared at the other "Yeah...sure, we can do that...." he trailed off lightly, before further speaking up what was on his mind "Hey....Yuu, is everything alright?" he asked the other softly. Maybe it wasn't quite so obvious to the average person, but after having been around Yuuma for several years now he felt he was a pretty good judge now on the other and how he was feeling, and right now, something definitely seemed to be stuck on his mind bothering him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back