• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Reserved for Lyka Bear

Paul sat in silence as the carriage rattled on towards their destination,he didn't bother to ask where it was going as this was irrelevant for his mission.His mission was simple and as always he would fulfill it,he was ordered to protect the ambassador currently sitting opposite to him.The ambassador was a nervous old man and Paul was just glad he didn't try to strike up a conversation.Paul spent the ride sharpening his blades,not minding the beautiful scenery passing them on the outside,the kingdom he served was located in the cold tundra with eternal ice in the north,this country was obviously different and he shook his head as he shouldn't bother about any of this,he had a mission and that should be on his mind.After several hours with the sun vanishing beneath the horizon they reached the castle,their destination.Paul sighed as got up and checked his light white armor before stepping out into the twilight,opening the door for the ambassador

Raven waited with her Master in the hall of the castle, for it was one of the higher class servants job to welcome guests. Her only command was to protect her master, even at the cost of her own life, until the day of his death. Her master was never one for conversation, though today was different. Raven stared ahead, watching the moon slowly appear from the darkness, when the kindly old man called for her to turn to him. He pressed a single red rose into her hands and smiled at her with the love of a relative. "Place it on your armor. A contrast to our dark colors is a good thing, don't you think?" Raven nodded and turned to the front again, removing the thorns and placing the rose so it stuck out near her neck. It was then the carriage arrived.

Paul helped the old man out of the carriage,almost annoyed that he had to do something like this,he had spent his life fighting and right now hed very much prefer the battle field.Instead he had to walk towards the castle,a few paces behind his"master",if he could called that,while servants of the castle took care of the luggage,he tried to keep his disdain of his face as they entered the hall and the greetings began,hed kill to be elsewhere but this was his mission and hed have to deal with it.He looked over the people awaiting them and he saw an old man,the foreign dignitary as Paul guessed and a young woman,most likely a few years younger than himself in dark armor with a rose at her collar,he had to admit that she was pretty,but that was the least of his concerns as he silently stood behind his master starring of into the distance,his hands folded in front of him as he didnt want to come off as overly hostile

Raven stood straighter when the guests entered, watching them carefully. She assumed the old man was the ambassador, a rather frail looking person acting similar to a deer rabbit in a hunting ground. She smiled slightly at this, having become use to arrogant money hogs, his behavior was a pleasant surprise. It was then her gaze was caught by the bright white armor walking beside the man. It was a man, much taller than the other and seemingly older than she was. Quite the contrary to the one he was to protect, he seemed not to find anything about the castle intimidating. Interesting. Raven's eyes gleamed as she glanced at her master, who smiled before he stepped forward to greet the guests.

Paul watched in silence as the two old man greeted each other,with all the nonsense phrases they have prepared for such an occasion.He had seen stuff like this since he was bought and even back then he had hated it,but then again hed never complain after all he lead a quite comfortable life for a slave and it wasnt harder than life would have been had he stayed home,Loric had bought him,treated him well and had given Paul the chance to develop his skills.So he owned it to the old man to atleast not let his annoyance show while in public like this.He silently mustered the two foreigners infront of him,mostly the girl as she was obviously the armed one of the two,what he noticed was that she had an air of confidence around her and he was fairly certain that she wasn't a commoner.The old man on the other hand was very uninteresting to him as he seamed similar enough to all the politicians and aristocrats he had met before this.At this point he started to wonder where hed have to stay,at their kingdom he still had a small room at the barracks,it was the same one he had since he started training and he wondered if these people would try to impress them with their accommodation

Raven stood silently, gradually growing tired of the useless speech both men used in order to entertain one another. Eventually her master proposed they walk to the dinning room before showing each their room. Raven smiled and followed behind her master, glancing at the other male with interest. "Is it nice where you are? In your kingdom, I mean." She asked in a soft voice, not to raise the attention of the men in front of her. "You don't seem interested in anything here, that's all. So I wondered if your kingdom was even better than is one." Raven smiled at him, her stance completely relaxed, eyes warm and inviting.

Paul slowly started to follow the old men,just annoyed with the talking as most likely the other guard would be and he wasn't too surprised when she spoke to him in a whispering voice to not raise attention.He kept walking and looked straight ahead as he answered in a voice just as quite:"I'm not interested in sight seeing and i wouldn't compare it,our kingdom is very different from this one though,ill give you that.For me our kingdom is nice but that's because i like the cold,the ice,the snow and the biting wind.If one dislikes these things then my home must seam like hell to that person".He smiled a they entered a relatively small dining room with only two seats and he had to suppress a chuckle,off course this was a dinner for politicians not soldiers and he wondered if hed manage to get some food for now,but seeing as nothing was said about it he positioned himself in front of the door,awaiting orders or a signal to leave the room,as the old man were still talking

Raven shivered in response to his words. "Well, I'm not to great with the cold, but I've always wanted to see snow. It doesn't do that here." She said, almost sadly before positioning herself next to him as they awaited the signal. It took a while, due to her masters constant chatter, but he dismissed her with a smile, requesting she show the other to the servants dinning hall before turning to his guest again. Raven bowed before leaving the room, waiting for her own guest. "So how's the heat for you? You get use to it after a while, I think. I haven't left this place much." She started up conversation once again, taking advantage of the fact there were no lords or ladies around to speak in a informal fashion. "Oh, and I hope you'll like your room. Master left me in charge of it, so it looks kinda like my lands culture, but in the colors of your land. Probably the reason why I'm not put in charge of things often." She grinned at the male.

He quickly saluted as the were dismissed and followed the girl outside into the empty halls,as he listened to her carefully as he slowly followed her."Well the heats ok,ive been in the south a few times when there were battles at the border,but i never really got used to it if im honest.And im sure the room will be fine im not very picky so dont worry about it,as long as it has a bed im satisfied."he walked at a constant peace trying to memorize as much of the layout as he could while they walked."You havent actually introduced yourself thought"he smirked abit and extended his hand towards her"Im Paul by the way".He was quite curious about her atleast more curious than about the old men

"Beds were a really great invention." She agreed, nodding. she watch him calmly, having walked these halls so many times she could do so in her sleep. "I haven't, really? Sorry about that." She took his hand and shook it. "My name is Raven, Raven Atwater. It's nice to meet you, Paul." She smiled before stopping at an old wooden door. She opened it calmly and stepped inside, holding it for her guest to follow. "The menu is whatever the cook feels like making on the day, so be prepared. Also be prepared for the other servants to avoid you like the plague. They don't like magic users, if you are one that is." Raven glanced him up and down before sitting at one end of the table that the others had left untouched as if it was contaminated. "Their reactions pretty interesting, right?" She asked, grinning slightly.

Paul shrugged as they sat down and he looked around the table with a smirk on his face."Yeah i am a magic user,and im also not picky with what i eat so don't worry im not one to create a fuss about something as minor as that".Paul relaxed abit as he sat opposite to her."The reaction to magic users is pretty different from my home though,back there they love magic users as the tend to make life alot easier for people in the harsh wilderness.I guess over here people are still afraid of it?"he saw the mistrust in the eyes of the servants and just shook his head at that."Up in the north pretty much every officer in the army is a magic user,its just very handy if your fighting in the eternal ice and if a avalanche could bury you and all of your men..."he yawned abit,tired from the long travel."So what can you tell me about yourself?I mean it seams like ill be your guest for the stay and id love to know something about my host"

Raven stared at him with wide eyes. "They really like magic users there?? Truly?" She said in amazement, showing her limited knowledge of the outside world. "That's awesome.. So you get to work as a team type of thing? That would help a lot in battle." She grinned at him, her eyes alight at the new information about the world being shared to her. "Oh, about me?" She blinked and looked off to the side as she thought. "Well, my parents died when I was a kid, I don't really remember them much, but I was then taken to my uncle who taught me how to fight and protect him and the castle so that one day, like now, I could work for him in return for him raising me." she said softly, smiling as she remembered. "Oh! and I use fire magic. Its not a very good defense or healing magic, but if get the job done when an army is approaching.

Paul was honestly amazed at her excitement,to him it was completely normal and as an ice mage he was valued,he may be a slave but in the army he still belt the rank of a lower officer since he was very important for missions out there."Well to some extent,up in the north no patrol leaves its camp without a magician,could be the difference between life and death after all "he looked down as he listened to her story,they were similar yet still very different,she was a free woman after all and apperantly of noble blood,her magic did interest him though"Very interesting I'm an ice mage myself,I've only met a few fire mages before if I'm honest.And I'm sorry about your parents.So do they hate mages everywhere here in the south or is there a reason for it?".He started to get interested in this foreign land,he really hadn't seen much of it as he had spent alot of the time hunting bandits or rebels in the northern mountains

"Ice mage? My opposite then." She smiled and glanced over at the servants, then back to him. "It seems everyone in this kingdom hates mages.. Perhaps it's only the fire mages, but seeing as we're the majority, they've grown to despises all kinds of magic." She sighed and ran her finger through her hair. Her eyes turned down to stare at the table. "Apparently something happened year ago. Some untamed fire users rampaged through a couple of towns, turning houses and crops into flames. The mages from our castle here got there too late and everything had already burnt to the ground. Ever since the people had treated fire users like bombs that could explode any second despite the fact that we've saved them countless times from being captured by the most evil people." She looked up again and smiled at him. "That's just a story though, we don't really know why, our country's too big."

He nodded as he listened to her once again and he was quite surprised at it, her story seamed reasonable but it just seamed as if nothing would change the feeling of the servants about mages and so he decided to drop the topic as he learned enough for now. He quickly finished the simply stew the cook had placed in front of him by the cook earlier and he stood up. " Could you show me my room now?". He yawned and stretched a bit as he wanted to get out of his armour by now, usually he didn't mind, but today he had to ride in the carriage the whole day and he was in a rather bad mood, so he just wanted out of it and go to sleep, even if it seamed rude towards Raven. " Well if you ever want to be appreciated as a mage, just travel north" he smiled a bit at her, trying to gain her trust , because if she wouldn't trust him his work would only be more difficult and furthermore she seamed like a nice person

Raven ate her stew slowly, stirring it absentmindedly. She glanced up quickly when he spoke, having just shoved another spoonful in her mouth, made random hand gestures before she swallowed quickly and spoke. "Sure! Lets go." she said, rising from the table and gliding to the door. "I forgot that you only arrived today, sorry. It must have been a long journey." Raven smiled at him and continued walking, a slightly faster pace to get him to his room quickly. "I'll do that then! Though I'll probably have to wear extra sets of clothing." She grinned at him. She had grown to like this person, for he seemed kind and she greatly hoped he would remain that way. Raven paused at a different door this time. It was wooden, yet covered in red and gold painted iron swirls and slight scorch marks could be seen at bottom. "My room, if you need anything just come here." She smiled at him before walking three doors down, "and this is yours. So.. uh.. Sleep well?"

He chuckled as she moved so quickly,guessing that she was actually abit nervous about all of this,and he had to smile abit as she showed him her door,he had to admit that the scorch marks made it easy to guess who it belonged to,he nodded and smiled abit"I'll knock if I need anything,before I leave though:Do you know anything about the planed talks?I mean will I have anything to do or will it be as boring as these things usually are?"He relaxed as he got used to her presence and had to admit that she seamed like good company,furthermore this didn't seam like the servant wing of the castle and his room was probably quite abit more spacious than his home and he had no desire to see it."Is there any place I could grab a drink before I retire to sleep?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back