• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Remus's House of Prompts

Remus117

Emperor of Rome
"My father used to tell me that boredom indicates a lack of inner resources." - King Stannis Baratheon
"Were you bored a lot too?" - The princess Shireeen Baratheon

ROMAN SIEGE.jpg
To fight the great evil that is boredom, I seek the glory of writing. To indulge in the works and themes I've enjoyed most, and to share and experiment on them with others, I seek the aid of a partner. It's been a great joy of mine to come up with ideas for stories, characters, and settings, and working with like minded people would be an experience most awesome! While I'm not an incredibly experienced or talented writer, I enjoy it, and I seek to improve every time I put pen to paper, (Or in most cases, fingers to keys.) I didn't tag this with a particular genre because the truth is, I enjoy them all! I love urban fantasy as much as middle-aged ones, my passion for my fandoms borders on obsession, and science fiction will always hold a special place in my heart. Nation building, you might guess, is another personal favorite, due to my passions for both History and world building!

A Bit About Me

My principal influences in writing style are George R.R. Martin (without the food,) H.P. Lovecraft (without the racism,) and Edgar Allen Poe (with the opium.) Of course, I'm not anywhere near their level yet, but I do admire their writings and my style is partially patterned after them.
Since I mentioned fandoms, I might as well share my favorite ones! You might have been able to guess I'm a huge fan of Asoiaf and GoT, as well as the Cthulhu mythos. I'm an avid gamer, and some of my favorites are Bioshock, Dishonored, Fallout, and Mass Effect. Some of my favorite anime are Code Geass, JoJo, Death Note, and the Fate franchise. Separate from those others, I also really like Invader Zim. I'd be interested in doing a role play regarding any of these properties.
I'm still a student, but I am good with time management, so I can be expected to check and respond at least once a day, likely more. I love going into detail, so my posts will typically be more than a few paragraphs, but I'm not one to go overboard with walls of text. I enjoy darker stories, but I have a sarcastic sense of humor that will still likely be incorporated.

Some Writing Samples!

The letter had contained only five words. Five words had brought him nearly four thousand miles and had kept him up for nearly three full days. “Your father will die soon.” It was written in crisp black ink, on stationary as plain as its envelope. He wondered when he would receive that letter, but he still was not ready for it to arrive. How could it be so light, yet weight so heavy on his soul? Instead of being written on paper, he felt it should have been carved in stone. It was his own personal commandment, and it meant this: Come see him die.
In this world there has always been that which humanity is either too afraid, or too limited to comprehend. While we have advanced our knowledge to a point beyond any other time in our past, there still exists boundaries which humanity has yet to cross, and our understanding remains infinitesimally small to the greater universe we occupy. While it is often said what you don't know can't hurt you, the reality is you will be harmed whether you realize it or not. For some, ignorance can be great comfort. For others, the knowledge that will seal their doom is an irresistible temptation. If they're driven by desire for power, fanaticism, or simple curiosity, I cannot say. But they are driven, regardless of motive, to search in the black void that surrounds us, and the consequences will inevitably follow…
The son of the Knayez held his blade at the ready. He had no choice but to squint in the dark glow of the gaslights in the room. He hated these morning training sessions, which seemed to humiliate him more than help him. He hated being roused before sunrise, and forced into a heavy mail hauberk. He hated his sister for making him be part of it. He turned his side to her, showing as little of his body as possible, and he adjusted his stance. His sword was heavy in his hands, not sharp enough to kill, but filled with lead and sharp enough to scar. His sister’s spear was constructed in a similar fashion. If he showed any vulnerability, it would be punished harshly.
Edit: Bumped

Last edited:
As the Beloved Empress of all things real and imaginable, I must say that this is one of the most wonderful people to get into an RP with. If you are on this page then I think you all have found yourselves a wonderful partner, babes. ;)<3

-SoundOfSilence

Last edited:
Hey! I was just wondering if you'd be willing to do something non-fandom? I really like your style of writing, although I can't promise that I will be as skilled. I'd love to try and create a world or an interesting plotline with you? I'm also a huge fan of world-building, although I tend to linger in the sci-fi realm.

Hey! I was just wondering if you'd be willing to do something non-fandom? I really like your style of writing, although I can't promise that I will be as skilled. I'd love to try and create a world or an interesting plotline with you? I'm also a huge fan of world-building, although I tend to linger in the sci-fi realm.
Yeah, that would be awesome! I just had to put some kind of tag. Creating an original setting is absolutely something I'd be interested in.

For Death Note, would you prefer to follow the premise and create your own character, or would you be open to canons in slightly tweaked situations?

I’d absolutely be open to other ideas, could you give an example of what you had in mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back