Experiences Reminiscing the Old Times

Corrosion

ur lite fades awey
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Exactly three years ago today, I joined this site. I've had plenty of experiences in my three years, some good, some bad. Honestly, however, I admit I miss the old days of RpNation (for me, at least), a time I considered to be my and this site's golden age, when I enjoyed myself the most, having in the most enjoyable RPs. I'm not saying this site has degenerated or anything, but I often find myself looking back at those days with nostalgia. If you ask me, that period was late 2015 to mid 2016.

When was your favourite time on the site?

The era you're describing was an awful lot of fun in the fandom section. A lot of multifandom RPs of mixed quality rose up during that time, more bad than good. A lot of these lesser multifandom dealies involved the same stock story, some people who thought their characters were the most powerful to ever grace the site, and a whole bunch of shitposters.
There were also legitimately good stories being told in other threads, but that doesn't make for a particularly funny discussion, does it?

I just joined this site, but I used to rp back in 2012-2015 on Tumblr and Quotev and let me just say that those were the GOLDEN ages! Long term rp's, people weren't too picky but also had depth and interesting plots. I really do miss those days and that's why I joined this site. I'm just hoping this site will help me find that spark again.

Long ago in the period you're describing I roleplayed on a minecraft server with a diverse population... and it F***ing sucked. Because everybody there was a very bad roleplayer and all the good ones were always occupied. And I was also a very bad roleplayer. Then I joined a forum and got better and joined RPN and now I'm pretty okay.

I hink I liked my first ever ro the best. It was a weird pokemon rp about children of legendaries and school.

Most people will remember their earlier days as some of the "golden days" because nostalgia goggles are a thing. I started RPing back in like what, 2006?#toooldforthis And I sucked and all my rps were super weird but I loved it and made friends and still remember 2007-2009 as the golden days of RP. On this site, I have yet to find a golden age! Because I've only been here a short time.

I have no such thing as nostalgia goggles. I know a good part of what I did sucked (not just in an rping sense) and I am not ashamed.

I have no such thing as nostalgia goggles. I know a good part of what I did sucked (not just in an rping sense) and I am not ashamed.
I think you misunderstand what I mean with nostalgia goggles. I don't mean I look back and think I was great back when I had the most fun. But your first successful run of anything will always be a very fond, strong memory, I guess?

I think you misunderstand what I mean with nostalgia goggles. I don't mean I look back and think I was great back when I had the most fun. But your first successful run of anything will always be a very fond, strong memory, I guess?
Yeah pretty much.

"Wow that was shitty but, hey, I did pretty good at the time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back