• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings relaxed literate | oc & fandom

ghostling

doing ok, cowboy?
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
it's that time of year again!! i'm done with uni for the year and i want to write. the majority of my ideas involve romance, but generally as a natural undercurrent to a wider plot. scroll down for oc ideas & fandoms :~)

INFO

• 18+ only; i'm 22, i don't rp with minors

• if you have a writing sample or some threads i can look at that'd be grand but it's not a dealbreaker!

• i reply pretty sporadically; i'm a full-time student with a part-time job and a lot of anxiety. i reply when i have the energy & inspiration, so i might manage three replies on a good day but then take a couple of weeks to write one. RP is a hobby, not a job, and sometimes i just don't feel like it -- pressure sucks the fun out of it, so please be patient & i'll do the same for you! i will let you know if i'll be absent more than a week.

• length of replies varies depending on the scene but expect at least ~300 words, up to 1k for intros/establishing posts

• third person past tense, please

• i’m happy to write here or via email; IMs for ooc only, sorry

• mainly m/m, also up for f/f, nb/nb

importantly - please be willing to communicate & develop the plot along with me. my longest-lasting RPs have been kept alive through good communication & mutual interest. i'm happy chatting ooc too! and i can usually be active ooc even when i'm not able to write replies.

TROPES I LOVE (applicable to p much everything)

meet ugly, meet cute, hurt/comfort, recovery, slow burn, rustic domesticity, survivalism, pining, love-hate, friends/enemies-to-lovers, homosocial affection

OC IDEAS (i'll add to this as more come to me lol)

historical:
- i don't have a specific plot here, but some religious/political drama/mystery with a complex, forbidden romance unfurling underneath, perhaps? or maybe something domestic with a couple of guys just trying to keep their smallholding running. my area of study & thus the setting i feel most comfortable in is about 1250-1700, specifically scotland, but i'm willing to branch out! i'd also be up for some low fantasy elements.

modern:
- a personal protection officer/bodyguard & the politician/celebrity/person of interest they're assigned to protect. maybe they have to go on the run; maybe they have to spend an extended period of time stuck in a safe room together. whatever the ins & outs, this is a dynamic i cannot get enough of. (why yes i have just binge watched 'bodyguard' what gave it away)
- a professional assassin has been getting a little too cocky and can't be trusted to work alone anymore. they can't stand the partner their handler assigns them for their next job.

misc.:
- someone accidentally unearths a buried vampire/undead and has to deal with That. what were they digging for anyway? landscaping? gardening? burying a pet? or something more sinister?

FANDOMS (aus welcome for most! pitch me any ideas)

the terror - *bridgens/peglar*, oc/oc,
peaky blinders - michael/isaiah
trainspotting - renton/sick boy
les mis - marius/enjolras, grantaire/enjolras
bioshock - jack/atlas, ocs
dunkirk - collins/farrier, alex/tommy, tommy/gibson
inception - eames/arthur
MCU - steve/bucky
bloodborne - ocs
the martian - beck/watney

venom - *eddie/venom*

sorry for the wall of text, kudos if you read this far. PM or comment if interested, thanks!

Last edited:
Hey we have similar themes! I could toss My character Mori into false alarm. Give my profile a look and let me know!

'From the earth' is quite an interesting idea - should you wish to RP it out with me, feel free to drop a PM.

** THE SURVIVALIST: (realistic/modern) following the recent collapse of society, the world is a dangerous place; a few communities are scattered across the country, but for the most part it's every man for himself, and ruthless gangs roam the dilapidated cities. A is surviving alone off the land, in a cabin deep in the woods. a wounded stranger, B, collapses on A's doorstep in the middle of the night.

** FROM THE EARTH: (supernatural/fantasy) out in some secret place, A is digging to hide something in the earth -- until they accidentally unearth B's body. B isn't quite as dead as someone who's been buried in an unmarked grave ought to be.

I'd love to do either of these!

i couldn't be bothered making a whole new thread but it's me here i am i'm back

I hope we may write together. I am age 21, born in 1997. 22 in February. Be sure to message me, whenever you feel you can, that is. Be sure to take care of yourself.

I hope we may write together. I am age 21, born in 1997. 22 in February. Be sure to message me, whenever you feel you can, that is. Be sure to take care of yourself.

that's so sweet of you to say :") was there anything particular in my post that caught your eye?

it's that time of year again!! i'm done with uni for the year and i want to write. the majority of my ideas involve romance, but generally as a natural undercurrent to a wider plot. scroll down for oc concepts & fandoms :~)

INFO

• 18+ only; i'm 22, i don't rp with minors

• if you have a writing sample or some threads i can look at that'd be grand but it's not a dealbreaker!

• i reply pretty sporadically; i'm a full-time student with a part-time job and a lot of anxiety. i reply when i have the energy & inspiration, so i might manage three replies on a good day but then take a couple of weeks to write one. RP is a hobby, not a job, and sometimes i just don't feel like it -- pressure sucks the fun out of it, so please be patient & i'll do the same for you! i will let you know if i'll be absent more than a week.

• length of replies varies depending on the scene but expect at least ~300 words, up to 1k for intros/establishing posts

• third person past tense, please

• i’m happy to write here or via email; IMs for ooc only, sorry

• mainly m/m, also up for f/f, nb/nb

importantly - please be willing to communicate & develop the plot along with me. my longest-lasting RPs have been kept alive through good communication & mutual interest. i'm happy chatting ooc too! and i can usually be active ooc even when i'm not able to write replies.

OC CONCEPTS (i'll add to this as more come to me lol)

historical:
- i don't have a specific plot here, but some religious/political drama/mystery with a complex, forbidden romance unfurling underneath, perhaps? or maybe something domestic with a couple of guys just trying to keep their smallholding running. my area of study & thus the setting i feel most comfortable in is about 1250-1700, specifically scotland, but i'm willing to branch out! i'd also be up for some low fantasy elements.

modern:
- a personal protection officer/bodyguard & the politician/celebrity/person of interest they're assigned to protect. maybe they have to go on the run; maybe they have to spend an extended period of time stuck in a safe room together. whatever the ins & outs, this is a dynamic i cannot get enough of. (why yes i have just binge watched 'bodyguard' what gave it away) ***

misc.:
- someone accidentally unearths a buried vampire/undead and has to deal with That. what were they digging for anyway? landscaping? gardening? burying a pet? or something more sinister?

FANDOMS (aus welcome for most! pitch me any ideas)

the terror - *bridgens/peglar*, oc/oc, basically anything tbh even just talk to me about this show i loved it so much ***
peaky blinders - michael/isaiah
trainspotting - renton/sick boy
les mis - marius/enjolras, grantaire/enjolras
bioshock - jack/atlas, ocs
dunkirk - collins/farrier, alex/tommy, tommy/gibson
inception - eames/arthur
MCU - steve/bucky
bloodborne - ocs
the martian - beck/watney

sorry for the wall of text, kudos if you read this far. PM or comment if interested, thanks!
Interested in your unearthing vampire and I even like your modern/historical one ! <3

Hi there! I'd be super interested in a historical mystery plot. My area of "expertise" (not actually an expert, it's just what I'm most familiar with lol) is the Victorian era, but I'm also very much up to branching out. I'm also just as intrigued by the professional assassin idea, I love me some friction between characters. :-D

i really like your unearthing plot and your personal protection plot! also literally all the tropes you've listed are my absolute jam so that's a bonus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back