Regular Group Roleplaying

CHIMNY

Master of confusion
These days I have been rarely finding an RP that suits me (because almost all the RPs are superpower school RPs am I right?) , and when I find 2 or more roleplays of the same kind, it tends to have the same people. It would have been nice to gather a bunch of players with same interests and RP each time a good one comes up. Do you guys do it? I wish I could. Its sort of like when a group of roleplayers come to the library to play pathfinder each Friday xD

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely do. :P

I have a group of close friends that I roleplay with pretty religiously. For the most part, we all have very diverse interests, roleplaying anything from fantasy to modern to sci-fi and anywhere in-between, but you'll usually find us roleplaying and joining roleplays in clusters.

I'm a little unsure at the question but to answer the question I think you meant : yes you can find a roleplay group on this site. It's really just a matter of putting yourself out there and finding people that you enjoy talking to and roleplaying with.

If you don't find something that fits your interests in the groups you can always start your own roleplay or even check out the 1x1 interests.

I personally do mostly 1x1s but it's really the same processes either way. It's basically working with a lot of different people until you find the ones that you click with.

Pathfinder is a good example, oddly; in my experience the Dice RP groups are the most stable and dedicated if you can actually get started. The gap between character creation and the first post is where death waits. But at least familiar faces keep coming back.

@Grey

The difference between pathfinder and casual forum roleplays (from what ive seen) is that the complexity and rules along with a strict GM makes it enjoyable. Ive seen many RPs die because the players do whatever they want and the GM is not strict or active enough. In my opinion though, since I started Pathfinder very recently and our GM likes to torture us, we sweat when trying not to do something stupid. I tried to loot a body and lost all my toes on one foot:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like your GM is pretty oldschool. Or they love Darkest Dungeon.

Seriously, if you're looking for something similar do drop by the Dice section of RPN; I know I have reliable groups for different games there who'd welcome new players.

Grey said:
Sounds like your GM is pretty oldschool. Or they love Darkest Dungeon.
Seriously, if you're looking for something similar do drop by the Dice section of RPN; I know I have reliable groups for different games there who'd welcome new players.
Thanks, I just hope it's not as complicated as PF cause I have enough math going on xD

I personally respect Pathfinder, but I don't really like it. At least, I'd only ever play it, not GM it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back