• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Refraction [Color Personalities]

Olivia Warren
Olive was pleasantly surprised when Iris came over to her table, waving back at her once she sat down. She turned to look out the window as Iris focused on her, watching a horse trot by before she answered. She would have to dig up some of her old sketches later, since she would have to start on the painting her Uncle wanted sometime later. He wanted another horse, to add to the others he'd paid Olive to paint for him. Most of them were amateurish, and it pained her to look at the awkward proportions, but he was stubborn about keeping them.

Once upon a time, Olive had liked painting horses. But that, and a landscape of one of Unsung's historical buildings, were her most requested paintings. It was hard to keep liking something once she found herself drawing the same brown horse a dozen times. She blinked, abruptly remembering that Iris had asked her something. She didn't really want to talk, but it was worth it if she didn't have to talk to the waitress again. As long as she got the coffee she wanted, she didn't care what Iris ordered for her. Now, what had she asked? The weather? No, that didn't sound right.

"Ah, right." She folded her hands in her lap, glancing at Iris. "I'm fine," she thought she should probably say more. "You?"
erzulie erzulie merveille merveille

August Westerlan

Location- outside
Interaction- Nova
Mood- Flattered, Happy, nervous

August was honestly caught off guard, he greatly enjoyed the Feel of Nova pressed against him. Yet nonetheless he grabbed her arms and pulled them down keeping one of her hands in his. "Don't get me wrong Nova, I'm flattered, and I don't want to put you off or anything. But I can't in all good consious allow this to move that fast. It'd spoil the anticipation. Not to mention you barely know anything about me. Though we can fix that if you'd like. We will have plenty of time to get to know one another tonight." He pulled her into a hug to prove he wasn't put off by her advance. "I promise you it's not you, your gorgeous and I really do like you, I just don't want you to regret it later if...something comes from this." He shifted from foot to foot nervously hoping he hadn't pissed her off with his comments.
Parallax Parallax

Last edited:

Nova Aleksandara Atlas

Antique-Silver-275x275.png
Huh? He didn't want that from her? Her mind spun, trying to grasp anything that made sense. But nothing did, at least right then. She just gazed at him in a little sheath of perplexity, suffocating in it like a plastic bag. His hand held hers. Didn't he see how unpleasant she was? How she behaved with others? Why didn't that matter? "I don't get why you--" And then the hug came.

She whimpered with pain, but covered her mouth with both hands as he let go. The seering pain in her back hadn't healed overnight. It was bad. She let out a couple breaths, fighting tears of frustration and temporary anguish. But the throbbing sensation in her spine subsided gradually, and all was good again. "Um.. Look, don't mind that. I just had a bad fall." Nova felt her face flush, and sweat line her forehead as she recalled the memories in a grueling flashback. She probably appeared quite in and out.

"I'm sorry August. Why don't you just.." And then she paused, frozen like an ice crystal. A sigh escaped from Nova's parted lips as she hung her head, shutting her eyes. She was a terrible liar despite all that she'd gone through in life.

dc32ec28e077f3691c247253098b97ba--my-photos-crazy-hairstyles.jpg

Tags: Iris erzulie erzulie
Outfit: x
Mood: Flirtatious

code by pasta

August Westerlan

Interaction: Nova
Mood: Concerned

August pulled back quickly at the sound of Nova's whimper. "Are you alright? I didn't hurt you did I" he bent lower so he could look her in the eyes when she told him about the fall. "You don't have to tell me now, but don't lie to me, your not very good at it." He smiled at her, still holding her hand "No... Don't apologise, honestly It's no big deal. I'm sure I can be your poison in due time." He kissed her hand then gently pulled her toward Empyrean and Duke. "Come on get outta your head and let's go, if we wanna beat the storm we gotta go soon."
Parallax Parallax

Caleb Madden

After finishing his hot cocoa, Caleb got his stuff and left. He decided to take his bike with him as he was unsure if he'd find his way back to the café which was always difficult when he was carrying so much stuff. Soon he found a safe spot and he chained his bike to a lamppost as to make sure no one stole it. He couldn't afford to get another if that was the case. Opening his backpack he reached for some aerosol and sprayed himself with it before taking out a couple coins. He put those coins inside his guitar case as he got out the instrument. A quick tune and he was ready to perform.

Caleb knew that every performance was necessary for survival but he had hope. He had to or he'd probably be dead or crawling back to his home town and wanting forgiveness for ever leaving. Sigh. He had to do something good everytime as a first impression. Strumming his guitar once he decided to play a song called move. Indie Rock was appreciated a lot so hopefully something could come of it.

Iris Helena Smith
8a43408d6380517882a042babff88e6c.jpg

Mentions: None
Interactions: Nova ( Parallax Parallax ) August ( BlazingSword BlazingSword ) Olivia ( S n o w S n o w )
Outfit: X
Iris waited patiently for Olivia to answer her question. The other woman had gotten lost in her own thoughts. In the mean time she'd over for her since she had seemed to be struggling before. Iris looked to the waitress and smiled. She was such a bubbly person, her smile was infectious. "Hey she'll have the eggs with a side of hash browns." Iris said kindly. When Olivia snapped out of her thoughts Iris turned her attention back to her. "That's good." She nodded. "My day has been pretty dull. I closed the shop today to have some me time." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Maybe after you eat we can hang out. I don't really have anything else to do." She then looked to Kat and smiled a little shyly. Iris wasn't painfully timid but she tended to get a little shy around people that she didn't know well. And while Iris visited the cafè often enough she didn't really speak to Kat as much since she was working.

coding by @Wapiti

Nova Aleksandara Atlas

She shook her head slowly as he asked if he'd hurt her in his hug. It was an agreeable hug, but she couldn't enjoy it due to the obvious, at least to her. She wondered if he picked up on Iris saying, 'Just because your life is hard, doesn't mean you have to make everyone else's.' The only reply that kept going through her mind was, "Yes I do, yes I do, yes I do." She felt herself redden even further as he called her out on her bad lying, and she began to curse her ivory skin for being so easily seen through.

Still, he suggested the possibility of him being her poison in due time and she couldn't help smiling, feeling a shiver as he kissed her hand. Why was he being kind? It was so unorthodox in her head. She didn't behave kindly, and in turn received no kindness. It was her way of life. August brought Nova toward their mounts and she smiled in adoration of Empyrean, who lowered his head to nudge her. She chuckled with genuine feeling and kissed the muzzle of the horse.

Climbing on, she peered over at the tall man who she was now taller than. With a grin, she said, "Well let's get our asses moving."

Tags: Iris erzulie erzulie
Mood: Perplexed

code by pasta

August Westerlan

Location- outside the Cafe, Mrs.Doughtree's house.
Interaction- Nova, mrs.doughtree
Mood- Satisfied, amorous,

Once he saw Nova on her horse he felt better. He hadn't blown it and so he felt a bit more ease. "Alright, that's what I like to hear." He didn't climb onto duke's back as it wasn't very far of a trek to the elderly woman's house. He could keep up with Empyrean easily enough due to his long legs and if he fell behind it wasn't a problem for him to jog a bit. "You know, your really beautiful when you blush right?" He said feeling his own face flood with blood. Not that it showed on his face.

Mrs.Doughtree was on her porch in a rocking chair when the two strode up. August walked up to the older woman with a smile shaking her hand and asking where the stuff was. It only took him about a half hour to move the heavy boxes filled with books to the cart in the front of the house. And about halfway through he removed his shirt revealing the tattoo on his chest. Once the cart was full he pushed it closer to the road before hooking it up to Duke who didn't seem to notice the extra weight at all.

The whole time he was working Mrs. Doughtree was doting over Nova trying to pry into how she knew August, and doing her damndest to stuff the Young lady with tea and scones. Once the cart was finally hooked up August asked if he could use Mrs. Doughtree's shower, getting a quick yes. He smirked grabbing his shirt and rushing up the stairs.
Parallax Parallax

Last edited:
18161191_113087679209381_3253216578853928960_n.jpg

---ALENA
--[location: cafe | mood: calm | scenario: talking to kona]
Alena nodded slightly at his comments about her name, as if she agreed with him. She never really knew the origin of her name, simply knowing her parents were Danish and Russian and that she always liked it, though it never really provided room for nicknames. There were people who tried calling her Lena, Al, or even just A, but none of them really worked and she just preferred being called Alena.

"Your name is very nice as well. It sounds quite unique, as I've never met anyone with the name of Kona before today," she said in what would be the most polite tone one could ever hear. She wasn't trying to sound uptight or pretentious, but rather spoke how she liked to be spoken to by people she didn't know well. A lack of friends probably caused her to sound more calm, even a bit mature, and less bubbly, while her sister was extremely friendly to everyone. Sure, she had her bandmates who were like family, but they were all on the introverted side and none of them were particularly loud or extroverted, even when you got to know them.

"I'll just order the Chicken Pesto Panini. I haven't had it, but Kat told me it's good, so I'll believe her," Alena said, sounding more comfortable and her face softening at the mention of her sister.

---
KAT
--[location: cafe | mood: happy | scenario: serving olive and iris]
Kat watched as the green-haired girl was joined by another girl. The thing was that Kat knew this other girl, Iris. She was the town's main florist and Kat bought flowers from her, although her sister was heavily allergic to pollen, so she had to put the flowers on their outdoor deck. They were acquaintances at best, but she really liked Iris, who was always so kind and gentle. She could be a bit shy, but Kat really didn't mind at all.

She smiled at the two girls, nodding at the order and writing it down in her notepad. "Alright then! Eggs with a side of hashbrowns. Will that be all for you?" Kat asked, toning down her smile just a bit. She didn't want to look too weird, especially since the green-haired girl seemed rather quiet.
img-thing

code by taesthetic
Parallax Parallax
erzulie erzulie
S n o w S n o w

Nova Aleksandara Atlas

On the way over, they didn't talk much. But it wasn't uncomfortable. It was the comfortable type of silence that you felt when you were at a certain point of peace. She always managed to feel peace on Empyrean, which was the main reason she rode with him as often as possible. Every bump however did cause some impact on her nerves, which she would wince at internally.

By now, she'd developed a high pain tolerance, but every normal human being could only withstand so much.

Watching August work and communicating considerably with Mrs. Doughtree, she suddenly spotted him without a shirt and her hormones went a little wild. I could use a cold shower. She thought to herself, chuckling just as the elderly woman offered more scones. "Damn are you persistant. Oops, I mean.. Dang." She spoke, blushing. Then she recalled August's words about how she was cute when she blushed. More than cute, really. It took her aback. But she offered compliments in return, as well as some spice.

When he returned from his shower, she peered at his chest. "What did your tattoo say? I didn't get a good look at it." She asked, more demanding than intentioned. She really wanted to know, because her own tattoos meant a lot to her, and she highly enjoyed knowing things about people.

Tags: August erzulie erzulie
Mood: Perplexed

code by pasta

Kona Kahawaii - Orange

357iyco.jpg

14723036_107653629710660_175993290045259776_n.jpg
large.jpg

photo.jpg
15338398_1351177821582197_6305130089243738112_n.jpg

14733122_1183321205047074_128393563368062976_n.jpg
14712224_1398876440125008_5682992437056765952_n.jpg

Behaving fairly proper, Kona began to ponder about Kat and Alena's upbringing. Obviously they had the same parents, yet were so different. He and his brother were actually pretty similar, except Kona was an extrovert. He was amused with Alena, but not in the way that would make fun of her. Perhaps it was just best to say he was already enjoying her.

She stated what she had planned for the menu after complimenting his own name, and he pushed the menu aside. "Your sister recommended the kielbasa omelet, so that's my plan for today. It sounds mouth-watering." He sighed dreamily, like it was a beautiful woman in the distance. Returning his crystalline gem grey and green eyes to Alena, he added, "So more about you. What type of stuff do you do?" He questioned calmly, placing his hand beneath his chin. [Refer to bottom picture] He fluffed his curly jet black hair and listened intently.

Alena was a riddle; he could tell. And he didn't have any problem with trying to understand and solve it. She was nothing like Kat. But perhaps that's what he needed in a friend. Someone highly differentiated from his own psyche. "I'm interested." Was his final sentence, coming out in his medium deep voice, sounding like it rolled off a silver tongue.

merveille merveille

code by pasta

August Westerlan

Location- Outside of Mrs.Doughtree
Interaction- Mrs.doughtree, Nova.
Mood- Shaken.

As August stepped out of the house he had a beaming grin on his face. The cold shower had done him well after all the work. He thanked mrs.doughtree for the shower and declined her offer to pay him for his service. As he was walking to Duke, Nova asked about his tattoo and his smile immediately faded, he tried to catch it and smile again but it was obviously forced. After a second or two he finally answered her. "It says All gave some, Some gave all... I got it when I came back to the States, it's for my- My brothers that didn't make it home." He was silent for a while after that, just reacting with a nod or shake of his head. Then taking a deep breath he attempted to change the subject. "So uh...What do you drink? I'm a beer kind of guy, occasionally I partake in harder stuff but I try not to drink it alone." He looked at her again with a smile, but his eyes said something different. Dark clouds began rolling in, the occasional flash of lightning on the horizon drew his attention to the sky. "Do you like stormy weather?" He asked trying to bounce back into his positive mood and seeming to make some progress.
Parallax Parallax

18161191_113087679209381_3253216578853928960_n.jpg

---ALENA
--[location: cafe | mood: calm | scenario: talking to kona]
"The omelet really is good. Kat always recommends the best things on the menu. I'm sure she's tasted them all," Alena said in slight amusement as she set her menu to the side. Pushing strands of her long, straight brown hair out of her face, she maintained eye contact with him. She might have not been the most extroverted person, but one thing she succeeded in was giving people her full, unwavering attention. Unless she was feeling down or in deep thought.

He had asked her what she did, saying he was interested, and Alena smiled for a literal split-second before her features returning to their nearly constant neutral expression. "I play drums in a band. We're not very famous, but we've played in a few venues around here and we're gaining a bit more traction," she said, a slight half-smile on her lips as she gazed into his silvery hazel eyes.

Her small half-smile then began to falter. "We've tried a few times to go to other towns to play in bars and such, but it just hasn't worked out," Alena frowned and shrugged slightly, sounding rather disappointed. Her eyes slowly lowered to the table in contemplation. It was strange how every time they tried to travel, something strange would happen to prevent them. The band decided to not even try anymore and simply play as much in Unsung as they could.

She cleared her throat a bit and quickly looked at Kona. "So, Kona, what are your hobbies?" she asked, leaning in slightly as if doing so would allow her to focus more on his next words.

---
KAT
[location: cafe | mood: happy | scenario: serving olive and iris]
Kat watched as the green-haired girl was joined by another girl. The thing was that Kat knew this other girl, Iris. She was the town's main florist and Kat bought flowers from her, although her sister was heavily allergic to pollen, so she had to put the flowers on their outdoor deck.

code by taesthetic
Parallax Parallax

Last edited:

Olivia Warren
Olive nodded at the waitress, and then stared at the table, thinking about Iris' question. "Sure," she did have that painting to start, but she didn't really mind pushing it back to the evening, or whenever Iris decided they were done hanging out. "What do you want to do?" She idly rolled her skateboard back and forth underneath the table. She probably should have left it outside, but neither the hostess nor the waitress had said anything about it, so she assumed that they were okay with it.
erzulie erzulie merveille merveille

---ALENA
--[location: cafe | mood: calm | scenario: ordering a coffee | ---------tags: none ]
"Slow down, Kat! You're going too fast, for fuck's sake!" the brunette cursed loudly as her sister caused them to speed down the street in their tricycle sociable. Thankful;ly, Unsung never had any cars, as the small town was rather isolated from the rest of the world. This came with both benefits and inconveniences.

---
KAT
--[location: cafe | mood: blissful | scenario: serving olive, kona, and alena]
Kat nodded and smiled at the two. "Alrighty then! Your food should be ready in 25 to 30 minutes at most," she said to them before she took one of the two menus on the table, thinking they might want to keep at least one. She didn't notice Olive's skateboard and skipped to the kitchen, putting the order in.

"The omelet is ready, Kitten," Joe said as Kat grabbed the plate and took it to the booth where Kona and Alena sat. She realized she came in the middle of their conversation and grinned. She was excited that her sister would actually make a friend outside of her bandmates.

"Here's your omelet, Kona! Let me know if it's good, she smiled and looked at her sister.

"Did I take your order, Alena?" she asked and Alena shook her head with a simple "No." Kat then chuckled embarrassedly and asked her sister what she wanted and Alena ordered. Kat nodded as she wrote it down while Alena sipped more of her mocha and the peppy blonde was off to the kitchen to place the order.

Parallax Parallax
img-thing

code by taesthetic
S n o w S n o w
Parallax Parallax

Iris Helena Smith
8a43408d6380517882a042babff88e6c.jpg

Mentions: None
Interactions: Nova ( Parallax Parallax ) August ( BlazingSword BlazingSword ) Olivia ( S n o w S n o w )
Outfit: X
Iris looked thoughtfully. She curled a kinky lock around her finger. There wasn't really anything that she wanted to do specifically so she wasn't sure. Iris turned her attention back to Olivia. "Well we can just hang out and take a ride. You on your skateboard and me on my bike. Or we could go to the park." She suggested. "Like I said I don't really have anything to do today. Is there anything that you'd like to do?" Iris asked here curiously. She was up for almost anything at this point. Iris was beginning to think that maybe she shouldn't have closed down shop today. She was so used to moving around and being on the go. It was hard to adjust so suddenly.

coding by @Wapiti

Caleb Madden

No attention was being found through his music yet. He breathed and thought. He had to make money but nothing was coming from his Indie Rock which was unusual. Going to his bag he got out a bottle of water. Drinking from it he thought about all the genres of music he could play. Some people liked rock, others liked jazz, others liked pop. The world of music was broad and full of different genres and subgenres. If indie wasn't working maybe grunge would.

He took out a new pick, a stronger one, and decided on a song. Nirvana was heavily appreciated all over the globe so some acoustic grunge would be pleasant to the ear. After deciding on the song, he began playing Smells Like Teen Spirit. It was slower than usual and he liked it that way. It was reminiscent of the late months of Cobain and he enjoyed playing it like that.

Billy Heather Armstrong
"Don't touch me you stupid mother fucker!" Billy yelled, backing up from the much taller old man as he tried to ruffle the boys hair. it was not in an affectionate way, never was, he did it to make fun of him, to belittle him. His wife was always watching with a concerned face but never did she say one thing in his defense. Hell, he was probably abusing her too! Billy was so worked up his hands were shaking. Tod was laughing at him "Did they get it wrong on your birth certificate boy? I don't think there's anything between your legs!" Billy spat on the ground, his fists were clenched so tightly his knuckles were red "I could take an old man like you on any fucking day, so why don't you watch yourself!" Billy spat through his teeth. Tod stopped laughing, his face got serious "Boy it's been years now and you still don't respect me. I'm starting to think you wanna be homeless again. Is that it?" Billy couldn't meet his eyes "I appreciate what you did for me" He said in a low voice. Tod sighed "Get out, come back later I'll think about weather you're getting dinner." Tod said and shoved him so hard with his shoulder as he walked past that billy stumbled backwards knocking into the wall.

Billy left the house without another word. his shoulder was sore, his pride was worse, and he needed some fresh air or he might end up breaking something. Tod had made him go 4 days without food before, he's pushed him around, verbally abused him, made him work from dawn to dusk, constantly made him feel like dirt. He was everything Billy hated in this world. he hoped, more than anything, that he could find a job here somewhere. Surely someone would have to hire him. Trouble was his reputation was that he was trouble, he was aggressive, and that he was uneducated. Very few people wanted to give him the time of day let alone an interview.

Billy got on his old bike. He was headed into town which took him about 30 minutes from the farm. Tod's dog Butch growled at him when he went by to get his bike, but didn't move towards him. He was a burly dog, a bull arab. Billy didn't like him either.

Making it into town, Billy soon stumbled upon something that calmed his nerves a little. Music. It was acoustic, beautifully sung and he just had to figure out where it was coming from. He road towards the sound eventually coming across a busker. Billy couldn't place him, but then again he wasn't in town that often and when he was he didn't speak to many people. Billy got off his bike, dumped it wherever since it was basically worthless and he could pick up a better one from a dump.

Billy watched him sing. His style was a little like Billy's. He actually cracked a small smile listening to it. After the song was over he figured it was rude to watch and not tip. It wasn't exactly his money but change Tod had told him to keep after he bough him a coffee last week. Unfortunately the kid didn't seem to have anything to put tips inside of. Billy hadn't noticed that till it was too late and he was uncomfortably close. "I was planning on tipping you, you should put out a hat..." Billy said awkwardly holing out the few gold coins he had. "You uh... You're good."

MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx

Joseph Bally

Joseph wasn't the only vet in town but he was certainly one of very few. He worked a lot of hours in the week and got very little time off. For the next few days though he was free and he was pretty excited about it. On average because of the shortage of hands his shifts were from 10-15 hours long. There were a lot of animals in this town, and when they got sick or injured there was only one place to go. But he was owed a long weekend, and he'd finally got it. He always started his day with a black coffee and a slice of banana bread. Joseph owned a French Mastiff, but like all his other animals, he was mostly a stray that didn't belong to anyone. They tended to wonder around the bush most of the day but many had taken to coming to his house as he always had food and water. Baz was a dog he'd named because he never seemed to leave him alone. Baz followed him around, always came to eat every night and hung around town socializing with everyone rather than sticking to the bush like the other strays.

"Hey buddy!" Joe said leaning down and scratching his back and head, to which he responded by attempting to lick the man's face. "Would you like to come with? I'm sure they'll put out a bowl of water for you if you ask nicely!" He said, grinning happily.

With that he left for the cafe. All he had was his notebook and a handful of dog treats which were devoured within seconds by Baz and his gigantic teeth. He suppoed the stocky brown dog might be intimidating to anyone who didn't know him, but everyone loved him and he loved them back.

Jo made it to the coffee shop and told the dog to stay outside while he went in and ordered. Boy was it busy today. he already felt the familiar feeling of discomfort. He brushed a hand nervously through his curly blonde hair and made his way up to the counter waiting for someone to come man it. They could do with some more staff, really.

@open

Caleb Madden

Caleb finished the song and looked over at the stranger. The male was no older than 25. His black hair fell in front of his eyes perfectly and his height and build was slightly bigger than the musician's. He was fairly good looking and he wondered if another friend in a really small town would be found again.

He smiled at the stranger. "Thanks," he said before looking to his guitar case. The lid had fallen shut meaning there was no place to put the stranger's money. He knelt down to fix it, "Yeah. Umm. Sorry. Lemme just," he messed with it for a while before he fixed it and stood again. "Sorry," he said again, embarrassed. He should just introduce himself and stop the awkward situation, "I'm Caleb by the way."

Olivia Warren
Olive nodded, willing to do whatever Iris wanted her to do. She absently tapped a finger against the menu the waitress left behind, glancing in the direction of the kitchen. Twenty five minutes seemed like an awfully long time, especially since it seemed like Iris would keep talking to her throughout it. Wait, what had Iris ordered for her again? She couldn't remember. Olive stopped tapping when Iris spoke again, shifting her eyes to the table. She frowned a little, shrugging. "Not really, no."
erzulie erzulie

Billy Heather Armstrong
Billy shrugged, casually dropping the coin in the now open guitar case. "Don't mention it." billy said, feeling like an awkward silence was coming. Luckily the singer decided to introduce himself. "Billy." Caleb said hoping that his reputation didn't follow him to this particular social interaction. "I live on Tod's farm, luckily I've got the day off working..." He said "Sorry, uh, don't let me stop you from singing..." He said stepping back a few steps

MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx

Caleb Madden

Caleb smiled at Billy. He was happy that he was getting money now. Maybe after a while a crowd could form. "Well, it's nice to meet you," he said, "I've only been in town since early this morning so I don't really know my way around.
It's nice to see a friendly face though." Billy seemed like a nice person. Caleb hadn't been hurt or picked on yet so that was good.

As for his music, Caleb liked playing songs that others suggested. He asked, "Is there any particular song that you would like me to play?" He hoped it was a song he'd know so that the conversation between them wouldn't be awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back