• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom /refracted mirror/ - Borkus Lazorus's Pokemon Plot Thread (Interested in Skilled Roleplayers)

Borkus Lazorus

/refracted mirror//rorrim detcarfer/ - A Pokemon Plot Thread
18n3pyxs6l25cjpg.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lone Gone Era
" So sad, so strange, the days that are no more......"
- Lord Alfred Tennyson
-----------------------------------------------------------------
6d9c0923fe24888a7c398624f049ace2.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Indigo League President, Ima Yamihara, declares that all League operations will cease immediately as of next month, in accordance with international trends as -"
" Trainer populations are at an all time low as the 153rd License Requisition Office closes down to-"
" Several species of Pokemon have now been designated by the official science community as endangered"
" The protests still continue, raging across Celadon, Vermilion and Saffron as the mass crowd protests against the closing down of all League sanctioned ba-"
" Cerulean Gym is one of the first major gyms in the Kanto Gym Coalition to close its doors to tr-"
" Is this the end of the Pokem-"

The TV turned off in the hazy bar with a flick of the switch. The bar-keeper then turned to the right, putting the remote down with a dull thud on the counter. The same visitor again and again. There were plenty of other bars in Pallet, though. Oh well, business was business, despite the fact he received the same customer everyday. Every night.

His usual was either a Cinnabarean Whiskey from Blaine's distillery or scratching that, a good Unovian Malt Beer. Tonight, it'd been the whiskey, an old vintage at that. He watched his patron down the shot-glass in one go before taking a grab at the remote and switching to the same channel. Staring wistfully at the old footage of Lance Drakengard and some battle contractor duking it out for one last time. Lance's weathered Dragonite taking potshots at the battle contractor's absolute giant of a Mamoswine. The commentator high-pitched, enthusiastic, hyperbolic phrases peppered throughout the match at random intervals.

" AND DRAKENGARD GOES IN FOR THE KILL! UNFORTUNATELY. WILL THE CONTENDER- OH MY GOODNESS, WHAT A PLA-"

The barkeeper murmured sarcastically at his customer as he wiped the innards of a beer mug with a sopping wet cloth.

" You thinking of becoming a trainer, sir?"

The customer murmured to him a phrase that was unintelligible. He ignored it, of course. But, if he were to hear it correctly.

" I once was."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the Pokemon populations of the world are on the brink of extinction, the government has declared the Pokemon League to be shut down as part of a massive conservation project.It first began in Kalos. Sinnoh. Unova. Johto. Aiola. Hoenn.

Now, it's beginning in Kanto. Gyms shut down. Leaders retire. It's the end of a era. The Pokemon League is officially closing down. Legends fading into time. Pokemon populations are declining as we speak. Trainers? They're all gone now. All figments of legend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outback
788c5aa082d09aca46dc2fd5daf3eaadaef3a474_hq.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to IDCRI

(-0-) Reclaiming our past, for a better future (-0-)

About IDCRI
IDCRI or the Indigo Dark Continent Reconnaissance Initiative is a successor organisation to the KRRC (Kanto Recon Rangers Corps) created by Head Governor Satoshi of Kanto and Governer Takashi of Johto after the 20th anniversary of the Indigo Alliance, in the year, 1521 N.B. The IDCRI was formed after a congress hearing in the Indigo Plateau organised by Professor Oak and Professor Elm, after the first expedition in 1520 into Theta-8 or the remnants of what was formerly known as Russia.

After discovery of numerous pre-brink technologies located inside Theta-8, the Indigo Congress made a decision to fund a 50 year organised expedition effort into the Dark Continents, for scientific and political purposes.

Today, IDCRI has over 1263 surveyors under its employ and has over 450 outposts constructed inside multiple Dark Continents that surround Kanto and Johto. IDCRI has been responsible for over multiple modern technological and scientific breakthroughs in many poke-biology and poke-technological fields. IDCRI has also been responsible for the official discovery and inauguration of the Orre Region.

The main mission parameters of IDCRI are as follows.

1. To protect the interests of the Indigo League from any threats that may emerge from the Dark Continents.
2. To reclaim and capture any pre-brink technology for government use.
3. To gather scientific data and recordings from the Dark Continents.
4. If possible, achieve peaceful contact and cooperation with isolated sects of humanity.

About the Dark Continents
The Dark Continents are the official scientific term for large land masses surrounding all official designated regions, usually apart by sea or by mountain ranges. Common characteristics of Dark Continents are often being densely populated with wild Pokemon, having large tracts of abandoned urban areas and having extreme enviromental conditions considered unsafe for most humans and pokemon to live in. Scientists have observed that the biological ecosystems within the Dark Continents are very extreme and have served to accelerate the rate of evolution and natural selection of Pokemon species within these areas, thereby resulting in a high number of species co-existing together.

Ample evidence confirms that the Dark Continents are indeed the remnants of pre-Brink countries that were divided up amongst each other, both from historical artifacts discovered by surveyor teams and records held secretively by Indigo League members.

It is a mandated law by the Indigo League Congress that anyone who does not possess a license to enter the Dark Continents is forbidden to enter it. To break the law is considered treason.

Dark Continents are separated into zones controlled by each region. IRDCI is currently under jurisdiction of the Theta and Gamma Continent, or what were formerly known as Russia and Japan. Each zone is designated numerically in order with a Greek alphabet labeling the region. IDCRI currently has outposts and surveyors currently located in Theta-2, Theta-5 and Theta-8.
About Surveyors
Surveyors are the term for the main workforce of the IDCRI, paid contractors that have been given license to enter the Dark Continents and work under the IDCRI. Surveyors are normally recruited from a pool consisting of civilians, former rangers, former A.C.E agents, former pokemon trainers and scientists.

Surveyors are designated to a outpost with a team of four other surveyors for the purposes of cooperation. Surveyors can be transferred from outpost to outpost at a whim with the rotation cycles being monthly. Most high-priority areas have long term veteran surveyors which stay there for a period of a year or two.

The recruiting process and examinations for surveyors are tedious and thorough, with a passing rate of only 50% at best. The low return rates that marked the beginning of the initiative have increased considerably, thanks to the use of pokemon and technological advancements. Wash-outs usually find employment in non-surveyor roles to help the IDCRI. The rest that pass are sent to low-priority outposts to await rotation to higher-priority outposts. Surveyors that have been contracted by IDCRI for 5-6 years are considered veteran surveyors that are placed in high-priority areas.

Surveyors have a wide variety of skills and are expected to have the following.
- Be able to command a wide array of pokemon with genuine display of pokemon aptitude.
- Operate accurately in high-stress scenarios.
- Have basic acumen in several STEM fields.
- Ability to cooperate and work effectively with other surveyors.
- Have above-average fitness and physical condition.

Interested in becoming a Surveyor? Contact 1-45-156-492-4390 or sign up at your local IDCRI Office today!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The purpose of this thread is to garner interest. I am currently under the process of undergoing official examinations for the next month or so, so the character nor the IC thread will not be created as of yet. The plot is still undergoing as well. The intricacies of the RP and the world this will be set in is still being deliberated in me. It is not going to be related to the setting of my past Pokemon RPs but still possesses some similarity to it as well.

This interest thread serves to act as a personal world-building thread for any suggestions you may have or want for this RP, along as a question thread as well.

The basic gist of the plot is that you are a Surveyor who has just been recruited and assigned to a two-man-team in a small outpost located in Theta-8 or what was formerly known as the country, Russia. Your tasks are to observe and analyse the local environment, reclaim and capture items of high importance , do excursions into unknown areas and regularly patrol your designated area for any threats. According to your superiors.

The RP will mainly be focused and linear, with commands given from IDCRI as the main objective of each mission that the Surveyor Team will do.

The RP mainly takes place in Theta-8. Theta-8 is a area of Russia that was formerly known as Vladivostok, one of the largest cities in Russia and the primary administrative area. Large amounts of urban ruins are still intact within the area, protected by the large roves of wild pokemon that roam the streets and the expert building of Pre-Brink architects. Ancient technology and ruins are rife for the taking here, in Theta-8.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lost Allure
tumblr_m9ndv84PGH1qc2eojo3_1280.png

(-0-)
Didn't you hear me? I don't wanna have to repeat this again.

No. I'm not in denial. I'm not suffering from trauma. I'm not delusional. I'm not suffering from any mental psychological disease or whatever you believe I'm having at the moment. And no, I'm not being controlled by a Hypno.

You heard that right. I can't do this anymore. I'm cashing out.

What was that? Could you repeat that again?

I'm pessimistic. There's a difference between realism and pessimism. If you want to keep throwing me out to No Man's Land, feel free to do so.

Hope? Good luck finding that when Rocket Flags fly high across every Kantonese Town.

I'm done. Stop trying.

I'm tired of fighting your war.

(-0-)

So, I'm being a bit apprehensive right now. Suppose I'll try to make a Hail Mary, throw the dice in this pool and try to see if I can catch something worthwhile.

The gist of this roleplay would revolve around the idea that Team Rocket has successfully taken over Kanto and Johto and are now ruling both nations as a totalitarian state. There are almost no Pokemon left as only Team Rocket members are allowed access to domesticated Pokemon. A large amount of Legendary Pokemon have been captured or have been forcibly killed by Team Rocket. Wild Pokemon populations are declining at a massive rate due to massive industrialization. Foreign regions are too afraid of engage in war with Team Rocket in fear of retribution and therefore, are under the heel of Team Rocket as well.

Minor guerrilla insurgent and rebel groups under the name of the Indigo Reclamation Force have tried to overthrow Team Rocket's throne but it seems like a useless venture. They continue to persevere under the harsh regime and counter-attacks of Team Rocket but there is a growing question of whether they will be able to successfully defeat Team Rocket as the casualty toll grows higher and the likelihood of victory grows smaller.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reaching the Peak
" Trainer. Every adolescent child seems to have that word stuck in their mind nowadays. However, they don't seem to realize that it is more a milestone than a achievable ambition. And not one for the common person, either."
- Professor Samuel Oak, 36th Former Indigo League Grand Champion, Head Kantonese Pokemon Scientist Professor.

dce3daa2760eeadbd8c75735f0b2e70f.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------(-0-)--------------------------------------------------------------

Red. Blue.
Fire. Water.
Oil. Water.
Solitude. Shame.
Mountain. Gym.
Mother. Grandfather.
Poor. Rich.
Silent. Jibe.

If you haven't heard of those names today, then, you must have been living under a Golem for your entire lives, both figuratively and literally.

Maybe, you were more privy to the name ' Red'. Haven't you heard of him? The ghost of Mt Sliver? Your elders tell you that he's nothing more than an urban legend.

He's real alright. 8 badges under one year. An entire crime-fighting mafia crushed underneath his heel. A bloody swath of trainers behind his back.

Gym Leaders? Wheat under the thresh. The Elite Four? Dogs facing a lion. Only at the ripe age of 10 years old as well.

That isn't to say that we must speak lesser of the accomplishments of his near-parallel. Blue. The esteemed Gary Oak. He was nearly the same as Red. Key term being the word ' nearly '.

They fought at the Plateau. Only one contender stood out. His name like the color he decorated with his opponents.

Then, he declined the offer. That was the last they heard of Red. At least, if you believe that Mt Sliver doo-hickey crap, be my guest.

What happened after Red and Blue? Cultural revolutions. More trainers signing in at a younger age to scramble forth towards the Indigo Plateau. The League, under public stress, reduced the age boundaries for people to become trainers. People began to recognize the bite rather than the bark that was common all those years ago.

It's all a Roulette, of course. Game of Chance at it's most finest. I've seen the most unlikely of people, from all walks of life, win the crown. I've seen the most suited, the most intelligent, blockaded by the first Gym.

The thing is, how much are you willing to go all in to win the big prize?
---------------------------------------------------------------(-0-)--------------------------------------------------------------

The main gist of the plot is that we are two trainers that have been trying fruitlessly for ages to reach the Indigo Plateau and challenge Lance for the throne. We might have a badge or two but we're nowhere near yet to the plateau, after all we've tried.

The main things I want to explore is trying to make the Pokemon World seem more believable. I'm expecting my partner to give suggestions on how to make it seem more realistic as well.

My main gist for the plot is that we are two trainers who have recently signed up for the Pokemon League and are looking to reach the Indigo Plateau. They have sacrificed their entire life-savings at the chance of glory.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weighing the Scales

tumblr_odxsiv5yEN1sq8ylqo1_1280.png

------------------------------------------------------------(-0-)------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me something. What do you know about Team Rocket?

I'm gonna save the answer for you. You might think it's a charity organisation. It's the main beneficiary of multiple companies local and abroad. They help reduce poverty in multiple areas and lobby for expansion in the Indigo Parliament.

You're wrong. It's all a front. A ruse. They're more dangerous, more cunning, more powerful than you think. They're a lion under a sheep's clothes. They're gonna plan something big soon, let me tell you that.

What can you do? What can a couple of Viridian patrol cops do, hmm? You can't stop Team Rocket because you can do nothing. You are nothing. You can't beat them in the law. You can't beat them conventionally. You can't beat them politically.

Blasting off at the speed of light. Their official slogan. You wanna know what their 'official' one really is?

Exploit Pokemon for profit. Steal Pokemon for profit. All Pokemon exist for the glory of Team Rocket.

You can do nothing. There's no way you can beat them. That's final.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This plot mainly involves the work of two cops who accidentally bump into Team Rocket's operations in Viridian City. Due to the overwhelming power of Team Rocket in all civilian and political sectors, their chief refuses further action against Team Rocket and puts them on patrol duty to stop them from investigating further. The two cops have a moral dilemma as they interrogate a Team Rocket member who tells them the truth.

Do nothing and let Giovanni take the city?

Or try and catch them all?

The RP is expected to have a noir/cop show theme to it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread serves as a repository of all the various Pokemon Plots that I have made over my tenure in Rpnation. I have never once been able use these plots much to my disatisfaction. It is my hope that any one of you viewing this thread will find at least one of this plots to be viable for roleplaying.

Rules
1. I expect literacy and details. Partners who can reply with at least one paragraph of information or more are a-okay in my book.
2. No NSFW tentacle hentai shit. We go for cut-to-black if you want to do the thing.
3. I am expecting at least one post per week. If you don't reply for a period of time, I expect to find out why you haven't posted.
4. Discuss with me what you want to world-build and what rules you want for each setting or plot in this RP. Please, the more it suits what you want and I want, the more joy we will have out of roleplaying.
5. Have Fun!​

Last edited:
I"m interested but...moves don't exist now? What do pokemon battles even consist of?

I just said it's a option. If you don't like that option, we can add moves to the universe but I would prefer not adding moves since it removes the realism aspect I'm going for.

It's not that hard as you imagine. Pokemon are just limited to their natural capabilities and so forth. Like I said, nothing ridiculous like a Pikachu learning an Earthquake and so forth.

Pokemon battles would just be like in the games and the anime but instead of trainers yelling out moves all the time, it's essentially more like strategic cock fighting and having more ingenious ways of battling such as using telepathy with your Psychic types to tell them what to do, whistling for your Bug Types, stamping out the ground for blind pokemon etc etc. The way I see it, removing pokemon moves adds a lot more creative freedom.

Besides that, if you are still interested, please PM me.

Note that I am in the process of moving all my Pokemon plots to this one single thread for easier movement and so that I don't have to make a thread every month when I'm interested.

I'm interested, and I can see you put a lot of work into this. I'd be fine doing the cop and/or trainer ones (the choice mostly being left up to your preference). If it's world building and details you want, that's fine with me. (If we do the trainer one though... is there a reason why the trainers are having trouble? Is it their own fault, or is it because of the world around them.)

(If we do the trainer one though... is there a reason why the trainers are having trouble? Is it their own fault, or is it because of the world around them.)

Mainly a mixture of their own fault and the world around them. Basically, when you send a bunch of kids into the world with no specialised training, some are going to die. Then, you don't take into account that some are born with a sliver spoon into their mouths and some people spend all their gains in it to provide money for their family and so forth.

That's the type of world I want to build.

PM next time and I would also like to request a writing sample from you to see what I'm getting into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back