• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy RedStone - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Depends on the guilds. There are some with rather intense rivalries who will look the other way in the face of conflict. Usually, however, Ramalite owned by a person - Shard Hunter or otherwise - is something said person purchased off the market. Stealing those shards is straight up theft and punishable under the law. Conflict over mining locations, however... those happen rather often.
BY the way in terms of raw ability like speed and strength. How much stronger would you say a Shard Hunter is compared to a regular human?

BY the way in terms of raw ability like speed and strength. How much stronger would you say a Shard Hunter is compared to a regular human?
Depends on the hunter. A novice could be on the same level as an untrained or semi-trained civilian. Similarly, you could have a civilian with combat training who's on par with a higher ranked Shard Hunter. Being a Shard Hunter doesn't mean you're stronger than the general populace - it's just an occupational choice.

If I had to take a guess, it would be based around who has the land rights of the area (assuming they kept the mineral rights as well). Which can either be held by a personal individual or manner of company or what not. They would have the rights to extract and distribute minerals as they sought fit. If no one has a legitimate stake in the land, or say it was a wild territory, it would go to the first come first serve method. Course after that usually there tends to be a lot of organization to get the rest of said minerals, usually by the first who staked the claim, and they'd go about the same deal of obtaining the rights and either keeping it personal or making some manner of organization to run the show of mining and obtaining all precious minerals of the area.

Course, also just yanno shoot-outs as often happened when less willing to peacefully go to the courts to settle things or allow the law of the land to happen.

I'm going to take a hunch that shoot-outs happen more frequently here as opposed to peaceful dealings with various individuals and organizations.

So it is just staking a claim then good to know
Though I suppose that also raises the question of why we don't all have picks then, unless the idea is that shardhunters are only there to prospect and mark a claim

So it is just staking a claim then good to know
Though I suppose that also raises the question of why we don't all have picks then, unless the idea is that shardhunters are only there to prospect and mark a claim

It's probably like we are the hired guns for the actual prospectors, we basically do land-survey, mark the claim. Beat up anyone who disagrees and or watch over the actual crew of miners to make sure they don't die or whatever.

Guild Board: Adventure Quests
Please indicate which of the quests listed below you/you're character would like to embark on. Alternatively, you could decline each and choose to mill around the guild.

Village Defense - Rank C
Reward: Pound of Ramalite, some gold, and great food.
"Please help!

A roaming band of bandits has been harassing our small village for the past month. We were able to fend them off in the beginning; lately, however, it seems they've acquired some new siege weapons. The odds are no longer in our favor and we ask for your help in seeking out and destroying their weapon. We wish to avenge our fallen loved ones and care not if you get your hands bloody in the process. We'll even pay you with some of our locally mined Ramalite!

- Aegeus Merrick"

Razed Fields - Rank D
Reward: Ramalite and bountiful gold.
"Our livelihoods are at stake!

I hail from Abringen, a small farming village in eastern Hajdorszag. It's a peaceful area, and we've had little problems cultivating our fields for generations. Recently, however, one of the local Eagle-Wasps has gone on a rampage. We're uncertain of the catalyst, but the beast has been destroying our fields and injuring - even killing! - our villagers and livestock. Without these crops my village will not only starve this summer, but make no money from their trade. We can't afford such a loss and have no way of felling our foe on our own. Please, your help is desperately needed!

- Adila Kinsleigh"

Dungeon Exploration - Rank B
Reward: Potential Ramalite Mine
"Guild members,

Word has reached us of a rumored dungeon in the Norned Woods. We wish to send a scouting party to scope the area. Your job is to send back word on the rumor's truth and to traverse the dungeon's entrance. If this information is accurate, and there is a dungeon hiding in Faxias, we need to secure it before other guilds have the chance. Be sure to see Atlas before setting out on this mission.

-Irisha"

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn Remembrance Remembrance Mitch Conner Mitch Conner Aloha Loha Aloha Loha EMIYAman EMIYAman LegoLad659 LegoLad659 Zerohex Zerohex Slav Slav Heathestus Heathestus Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 SachiGrl SachiGrl Synastry Synastry Zeebruh Zeebruh Pao Pao

Last edited:
Tempted to pick the Rank D mission just so I can say Yusaria grabbed the D

I'll go with the B mission for the potential dungeon. Exploration is what Yusaria's most interested in, after all XD

I was also interested in the dungeon because that was the main reason Carter joined Aether but he's a little bab and I don't think he's ready.

So which one is Ava going on anyway
EDIT: Also is an eagle wasp like a hawk wasp or is it an eagle-sized wasp or is it an eagle-wasp hybrid or what

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back