• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy RedStone - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I will admit it hadn't crossed my mind until he brought it up. And making sure we're on roughly equal power levels makes sure that no one's so much weaker than the others that they get left behind/become useless in the story, I believe
Well I'd say everybody kinda specializes in something in their own kinda way.

The only thing differentiating Ezekiel from, say the Sheriff is that Ezekiel has to touch an object to change it, the Sheriff can curve a bullet's trajectory without the need to touch it.

So there was no point bringing it up in the first place. On the other hand, Remembrance Remembrance hadn't thought about any of this in the slightest, and even if he did his character is incapable of any of that anyway, so why bother writing it down if it'll never be used?
He's capable of it, he can do it, not much of a use of it besides throwing it at a person and hoping physics work.

Wait I just realized he said weighted mass! No that's the isotope that wouldn't make it heavier. Dammit screw it Remembrance Remembrance keep it to Mass thats fine so long as it in't weighted or Atomic the distinction is made so its dine.

I realize that now, and even now I am trying to figure out the differences cause I can look up mass and fine multiple different ones. God my science teacher warned me of this
xD No worries. There's really only one type of mass, which is the measure of matter in an object. However, it can be used in different ways. What Remembrance is referring to is weight-related mass which is Mass = Density x Volume. However, what you were thinking of was atomic mass which is the mass of an atom in an element. And while yes, this is related to the amount of protons and neutrons in an element, it can still be changed and keep the original element or material, hence why we have different isotopes. :3

He's capable of it, he can do it, not much of a use of it besides throwing it at a person and hoping physics work.
I meant the whole affecting everything on a subatomic level to the point of changing elements. You'd need scientific knowledge that just isn't available in the era the story takes place in here.

I suppose he could learn about it eventually, but how would he go about doing that?

xD No worries. There's really only one type of mass, which is the measure of matter in an object. However, it can be used in different ways. What Remembrance is referring to is weight-related mass which is Mass = Density x Volume. However, what you were thinking of was atomic mass which is the mass of an atom in an element. And while yes, this is related to the amount of protons and neutrons in an element, it can still be changed and keep the original element or material, hence why we have different isotopes. :3
Yeah I realize that now god this is confusing and here I though I knew shit

I meant the whole affecting everything on a subatomic level to the point of changing elements. You'd need scientific knowledge that just isn't available in the era the story takes place in here.

I suppose he could learn about it eventually, but how would he go about doing that?
No I mean mass as in weight, not mass as in subatomics and atoms.

No I mean mass as in weight, not mass as in subatomics and atoms.
And I meant everything EMIYAman EMIYAman was talking about up until this point, which turns out to have been completely different XD I'm not talking about anything you said, rather things you didn't say because there was no reason for you to

Wait but aren't isotope the difference in neutrons if you change protons it does change the element. But different isotopes have different neutrons not protons.

And I meant everything EMIYAman EMIYAman was talking about up until this point, which turns out to have been completely different XD I'm not talking about anything you said, rather things you didn't say because there was no reason for you to
I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

I didn't think people would mistake my mass as atomic mass when I meant just mass as in weight.

Powers are really only as strong as the writer makes them though. Like, it's all free-form without any actual combat system in place and we are fighting NPCs. The listed powers matter very little compared to how the writer/GM interprets their use. Like an arrow and a giant-fireball could potentially have the same effect on the same enemy.

Powers are really only as strong as the writer makes them though. Like, it's all free-form without any actual combat system in place and we are fighting NPCs. The listed powers matter very little compared to how the writer/GM interprets their use. Like an arrow and a giant-fireball could potentially have the same effect on the same enemy.
Your right why the hell am I bringing science into a high fantasy rpg role play experience?

I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

I didn't think people would mistake my mass as atomic mass when I meant just mass as in weight.
I didn't, I know that. Really it was only EMIYAman EMIYAman
Your right why the hell am I bringing science into a high fantasy rpg role play experience?
Good point XD Not to say there shouldn't be some degree of science. But it is magic we're talking about here

Protons don't change. Changing a proton would, yes, change an element, but saying "mass" or "atomic mass" doesn't refer to changing protons. When you change mass, you change neutrons, nothing else. What he could do is make something unstable or radioactive IF he was referring to atomic mass, which he isn't. I do have to say though Remembrance Remembrance , changing a mass, doesn't change its shape, just weight so you might want clarity there and say mass and shape or whatever you'd like. OR you can leave it as is, because I'm 99.8% sure EVERYONE knows exactly what your power is by now.

Protons don't change. Changing a proton would, yes, change an element, but saying "mass" or "atomic mass" doesn't refer to changing protons. When you change mass, you change neutrons, nothing else. What he could do is make something unstable or radioactive IF he was referring to atomic mass, which he isn't. I do have to say though Remembrance Remembrance , changing a mass, doesn't change its shape, just weight so you might want clarity there and say mass and shape or whatever you'd like. OR you can leave it as is, because I'm 99.8% sure EVERYONE knows exactly what your power is by now.
HAHA so I was sorta right I said it should be shape! VICTORY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back