• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy RedStone - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
He'd just be adding more or less of whatever the altered materials are. Mass is just a measurement of matter in a closed system. Changing the chemical composition would be something entirely different.

But is it possible to compress the atoms themselves further than they would normally be? That's what I'm thinking, here. If not then ignore me and go back to what you were doing XD
It is impossible to compress the subatomic particles in an atom. The atom itself can be shifted to form shapes like in solids but compressing an atom on its own is impossible

It is impossible to compress the subatomic particles in an atom. The atom itself can be shifted to form shapes like in solids but compressing an atom on its own is impossible
Perhaps I misspoke, I meant the atoms in an object XD Oops

I think I realize now that's exactly what you were saying before with changing the temperatures and such though, so nevermind

He'd just be adding more or less of whatever the altered materials are. Mass is just a measurement of matter in a closed system. Changing the chemical composition would be something entirely different.
Yeah thats what we were talking about. His power was based on shape, weight and density. But he put mass which is number of atoms and changing that changes the element so I was telling him the distinction

I'm a bit lost within this conversation and I don't mean to stick my nose somewhere it doesn't belong but changing mass doesn't change a material. Materials can have varying masses and still be the same thing. Changing the mass of a leaf wouldn't turn it into a rock, just might make it a heavy a** leaf. And while mass and weight are different, they are directly proportional to each other.

Perhaps I misspoke, I meant the atoms in an object XD Oops

I think I realize now that's exactly what you were saying before with changing the temperatures and such though, so nevermind
Yeah compressing atoms in an object changes the chemical composition though that would require temperature and pressure so yeah.

Yeah compressing atoms in an object changes the chemical composition though that would require temperature and pressure so yeah.
Gotcha, alright.

Hmm, I think I finally understand how diamonds happen now XD If I'm remembering things correctly

I'm a bit lost within this conversation and I don't mean to stick my nose somewhere it doesn't belong but changing mass doesn't change a material. Materials can have varying masses and still be the same thing. Changing the mass of a leaf wouldn't turn it into a rock, just might make it a heavy a** leaf. And while mass and weight are different, they are directly proportional to each other.
Mass and what it means is debated cause I have seen multiple as well. Often it is confused with Atomic mass which is what I felt he was referring to and so did others so I asked him to make the distinction but yes there is multiple types of masses it is confusing

Yep, basically him saying that the ability involves him altering mass was fine as is.

Mass and what it means is debated cause I have seen multiple as well. Often it is confused with Atomic mass which is what I felt he was referring to and so did others so I asked him to make the distinction but yes there is multiple types of masses it is confusing

Oh! Were we speaking of atomic mass and not weighted mass?

I don't think I was thinking of atomic mass at all, but I'm kinda tired of talking about this at this point XD

I knew there was regular mass but I noticed other people also though it was atomic mass and we all though it was OP. But I made sure that he meant regular mass ans he did so I wanted that distinction so others wouldn't complain so yeah

Who else thought it was OP though? Not like we will be fighting each other anyway. Seems like it was just you who thought that.

I honestly never saw anybody think it was atomic mass but I may as well just add it back but as just weighted mass. I thank you though for leading me this scientific adventure.

Who else thought it was OP though? Not like we will be fighting each other anyway. Seems like it was just you who thought that.
I will admit it hadn't crossed my mind until he brought it up. And making sure we're on roughly equal power levels makes sure that no one's so much weaker than the others that they get left behind/become useless in the story, I believe

No I wasn't meant to be fighting. Me and some other people started talking about my character abilities since I had just made him and some thought it was OP so started talking about what made something OP and I mention his character Ezekiel and people said oh yeah thats kinda OP and then is spiraled and now I'm here. I just want to educate not fight I just like science I am sorry.

When I was reading Remembrance's post, I didn't think he was speaking of atomic mass. What he was describing with mass sounded like weighted mass to me. However I will say, changing something's mass wouldn't change it's shape, just it's weight considering density, weight and mass are all proportional. Atomic mass is something completely different and you wouldn't refer to an object by it's mass.

I like science as well, chemistry being a favorite of mine, so I enjoy talking about it :3

When I was reading Remembrance's post, I didn't think he was speaking of atomic mass. What he was describing with mass sounded like weighted mass to me. However I will say, changing something's mass wouldn't change it's shape, just it's weight considering density, weight and mass are all proportional. Atomic mass is something completely different and you wouldn't refer to an object by it's mass.
I realize that now, and even now I am trying to figure out the differences cause I can look up mass and fine multiple different ones. God my science teacher warned me of this

Really all of this boils down to the philosophy we talked about earlier of how if you don't intend someone to have a certain power, don't mention it XD He didn't mention it, so it wasn't intended to be used in that way at all

Really all of this boils down to the philosophy we talked about earlier of how if you don't intend someone to have a certain power, don't mention it XD He didn't mention it, so it wasn't intended to be used in that way at all
Hey well at least I said my character couldn't use it

Hey well at least I said my character couldn't use it
So there was no point bringing it up in the first place. On the other hand, Remembrance Remembrance hadn't thought about any of this in the slightest, and even if he did his character is incapable of any of that anyway, so why bother writing it down if it'll never be used?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back