• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Red, White, and Blues: A 4th of July Special

SparkleHeart

Enby Mess

scroll

First 4th of July

Juniper.

mood

Decidedly Un-American

outfit

STOR(E)

interactions

Creepy Darrell; Terran

July 4th. Juniper had seen a lot of representation of the holiday in the over Americanized media. Movies and TV shows are full of celebrations. Fireworks, hot dogs, and the stars and stripes. Stars and stripes everywhere. It seemed every porch, window, storefront, car had a full plumage of red, white, and blue. If they were honest with themselves, Juniper hadn’t given the day a second thought as they dressed this morning to enjoy the sunshine, and get out of the house for the day. They didn’t expect the parade of families in the streets, occupying a lot of the park.

'Well, there goes my plan for the day,’
Juniper sighed to themself. Their boots crunched the gravel as they turned and walked away from the park. There wasn’t much to do here, especially with everything closed for the day. Juniper had no problem with grabbing some snacks and hanging out in the backyard at their house, preferring to keep away from the crowds of rowdy Americans. Juniper had lived in many places, but never in America until now. They felt extra out of place. Let them have their day.

One store was open.
Well, this store was always open.

A small structure with chipped paint walls, contained a fairly comprehensive convenience store. Evident by the large sign that flashed ‘STORE’ on the roof. The ‘E’ at the end had been burnt out since Juniper arrived in town. Clearly, repairing it was of little priority to the business.

The bell rang as Juniper entered the air conditioned store. The summer heat here was very different to the summers Juniper was used to, and the denim jacket and red leather hot pants were a poor choice, regardless of how good they looked. “Darrell”, or so his name tag read, watched Juniper weave in and around the aisles, picking up a bag of chips, and a KitKat bar before approaching the counter.

Darrell smiled as his eyes scanned Juniper uncomfortably. Juniper just smiled and shrugged their jacket off playfully, letting the denim rest in the crooks of their elbows. There was a collection of pipes for sale behind Darrell, and today was the day that purple marble glass pipe was coming home with them. They leaned on the counter top and played with a strand of orange hair.
“Hi Darrell - Do you think I could see that gorgeous pipe right behind you? The purple one?”

Men were so easy.
Flash a smile and they’re putty. Use their name and make them think they can be useful to you, and they’ll forget to ask for age identification. Juniper had been employing this method to purchase cigarettes for the last few years, though they found proprietors in America to be very strict.

Darrell handed Juniper the pipe, practically drooling.
“Let me know if I can get you anything else, yeah?”
His eyes lingering too long on their thigh before moving on to help the next customer. Juniper decided to only refer to him as 'Creepy Darrell' from that moment.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

rich&sad.

• mood

"back to the illicit shit"

"AW...Fuck a duck."
Terran looked at the pipe in his hands. The stem broke off at the middle, leaving a jagged opening no one would wanna put near their lips...except a fiend. Terran was not a fiend, at least not today. Mama Tarah had taken Rory out to some parade near Shooters, the bar she worked at, and they were gonna be at the Halsens' after party barbeque. They lived near the Kimbers, a good enough excuse not to tag along. He had enough of a time just being by himself with the guilt, he didn't wanna accidentally catch someone's eye and have to loudly explain himself once again. He scratched his head, looking at the amount of dope he'd put into the bowl. He sighed, walking to the bathroom and dropping the broken glass into the trashcan. The best thing about being the plug was the fact that he always had more drugs. And the perks kept adding up, from the fact that he could discreetly sell his "wares" due to the fact that he lived in the guest house and Mama Tarah was mostly at the hospital and the bar.

"Nope, don't think about it."
Terran immediatly said before the thoughts crept in. Within seconds, he was in his shoes and out the door. He nearly tripped over Jinx, Rory's ugly Siamese cat that they inherited from their dad.
"Skinny bastard,"
Terran mumbled as he walked up the side of the house to the street. His money clip rested comfortably in his pocket as he turned the corner and walked the block to the Store. Kids ran past him waving little flags and rocket pops. Terran liked popsicles. He always had, since he was a little kid and their mom and dad were still around. He decided he might get one while he was at the store.

He walked in and immediately saw a wash of orange color he hadn't seen anywhere else. Bright hair always amazed him but he never had the courage to dye his own. He had been thinking of bleaching it though.
"Nice digs,"
He said, sheepishly as he trudged over to the freezer. He picked out a cherry Monster Pop and walked back to the counter. The air was a little nippy, with the ac blowing on overtime. But, this was no time to debate over the fact that he should have worn a shirt.

"I'mma pay for whatever Orange is getting,"
he said, pulling out his clip and pulling a few fives out,
"And can you get me a bubble? And this popsicle?"
He was doing this because he was half intrigued and just ready to get high. He winked at "Darrell" and casually put the thirty bucks into his hand. It was good to be a king.

psycho

Post Malone(feat. Ty Dolla $ign)

♡coded by uxie♡
[/comment]

Last edited:

scroll

First 4th of July

Juniper.

mood

Intrigued & Suspicious

outfit

STOR(E)

interactions

Terran; Creepy Darrell; Piggy Cop

The pipe was beautiful. Simple. It felt good in their hands. The pipe was made of smooth glass, dotted with multiple purple hues, and would make a nice replacement for their pipe that broke in the move. Juniper’s newly acquired position at a coffee shop secured the funding needed for a new pipe.

The door to the store opened, rushing a current of hot July air through the chilly interior, as a shirtless figure walked in. Juniper’s eyes scanned from feet to face, not recognizing them, sure that they’d at least seen most of the residents in town by now. They were looking at Juniper with interest, which was a refreshing change of pace to being looked at like the town freak. “Nice digs,” he said as he passed them. Juniper turned their head to watch him open the freezer door, releasing a cloud of frosty water vapour.

“Nice shirt,”
Juniper cocked an eyebrow and a sly smile, leaning their hip against the counter.
“I’ve been thinking about getting one just like that.”

He passed closely, handing a handful of bills to Darrell with a wink. The offer to pay for their purchase was a good move, if Juniper were to admit it to themself. Money was never something they chased, but if it was held by someone as intriguing as this mystery human, who were they to miss their shot? Darrell handed him a pipe from behind the counter. Quick maths by any stoner would know a pipe usually leads to a good time.
“I see we’re on similar missions.”
Juniper raised the purple pipe to meet his sightline before placing it on the counter for Darrell beside their chips and chocolate bar.
“Need any help breaking that in?”
Juniper’s weed supply was unreliable at best over the last few months, and perhaps if Juniper played their cards right, they could solve that issue with their new friend.

Darrell started scanning their items for purchase, when the door opened again. This time, the warm air ushered in a uniformed officer from the local police. The cop made eye contact with Juniper before he moved toward an aisle near the back coolers in the small store. Now, Juniper’s face would normally scrunch into a scowl at the sight of a pig in a uniform, but as 99.99% of the time a cop couldn’t be trusted, Juniper didn’t trust this guy’s entrance to the scene one bit.

“Since you’re being so generous today, let me get us some pop.”
They turned away from the counter, gliding cooly towards the refrigerated case of soda cans, opening the door and selecting two orange sodas. As Juniper turned back towards the cash, they caught the officer whispering into his radio clipped on his shoulder before turning his attention to the array of boxed cake mixes on the shelf.
Juniper coughed and caught the shirtless, mystery man’s attention as they set the soda cans on the counter, subtly pointing their eyes in the direction of the officer behind them. They hoped he got their message that something fishy was occurring.

♡coded by uxie♡

rich&sad.

• mood

-->

-->

-->

“Need any help breaking that in?”

Terran laughed with a gusto he hadn't had in a year. People didn't openly ask him if he had product--not out loud and so direct as they did. He zoned off, looking at them as they made a comment on getting some canned soda. Terran chuckled and opened his Monster Pop, licking it rather suggestively. Darrell schrunched up his nose at the sight. Terran replied with a middle finger. He made a mental note not to pay for things from this store whenever Dirty D was working. Terran was bi, not buried. And if there was one thing he learned while he was away it was to be himself.

"Girl, you can't handle the shit I'm doing,"
he said aloud, just as a cop happened to walk in the store. Terran instinctively hid the pipe in his pocket...rather sloppily, to be honest. Today was not stacking in his favor--at least not where drugs were concerned. The cop made eye contact with Terran just as Darrell uttered out loud that he needed to use the restroom and headed to the employee bathroom. Terran rolled his eyes, mentally cursing the fact that the cashier was a more of a p*ssy than Jinx right now. It felt like the beginning of a rollercoaster as Terran watched the officer radio something over comms.

"Son," the officer said calmly, "Can you show me what's in your pocket there?" he asked, causing Terran to exhale sharply.

Suddenly, a cough snapped him out of his resignation. The orange haired chick caught eyes with him and it was almost like they were telepathic in that moment. The store had two entrances: one near the counter where Terran was and another near the coolers where the girl was. He darted his eyes to the right, where his exit was and mouthed the word
"Go,"
. Terran scooped the items on the counter to his chest and made for his exit.

When the officer figured out what was going on it was too late. Terran's popsicle flew majestically toward the cops face like a javelin, hitting the cop's eye dead-on. From another direction, there were more snacks and a soda can thrown at the pig.
'Now this is someone I can hang with!'
Terran thought as he was booking it. When he ran to get Terran he was met with a door slamming right into his face. Terran ran in the direction of his house, which was only a block and a half away. He looked back and saw his new tag-along running in the same direction. The candy and stuff poked at his chest and abs like the plastic wrapped items they were, but they'd gotten away.

"Here!"
Terran said quickly, turning to the spot that led to the guest house/his place. Mama Tarah wouldn't believe this shit, even if he did tell her. ..I mean, he wasn't going to, but still.

psycho

♡coded by uxie♡
-->

scroll

First 4th of July

Juniper.

mood

Fuck the police

outfit

STOR(E)

interactions

Terran; Piggy Cop

“Go!”

Mystery Man grabbed the items from the counter and ran toward the second door. Juniper shook one of the cans vigorously before popping the top and throwing it at the cop’s feet. Orange soda sprayed, propelling the can into a whirlwind making a sticky mess for Darrell to clean up. Serves him right for being a chicken and hiding in the back. They stuffed the other can into the pocket of their painted denim jacket before tipping a chip rack into the path of the officer.

The second door was open and Juniper ran through before their companion slammed it in the face of the officer. It wouldn’t take long for him to reroute through the main door, so Juniper looked to their new friend for directions. As he ran ahead Juniper followed, looking back to see if they were being followed. They weren’t, but the cops had an advantage that Juniper didn’t and that was knowing side streets and shortcuts. They wouldn’t feel safe until they got to their destination.

Although, looking ahead, they couldn’t help but laugh at how much trust they were putting in this shirtless stranger, clutching chips to his chest, as well as Juniper’s chocolate bar. Definitely probably melted by now. He made a turn, and Juniper followed down the residential side street. Eventually, they slowed their run, presumably nearing their destination.

Juniper doubled over, steadying themself with their hands on their knees. Fancy fishnets and red leather hot pants weren’t the best choice for a high speed chase, but you couldn’t plan these things.
“Holy fuck.”
They were breathing hard.
“I’m out of fucking shape.”
Probably all the cigarettes, and all the not exercising.
“Did we make it? Are they gone?”
They stood up slowly and took off their jacket. It didn’t make the heat less so, but at least the soda can wasn’t weighing them down anymore.

With a flourish, Juniper slung their jacket over their right shoulder and smiled at the shirtless man.
“By the way, I’m Juniper.”
Save the other details for now.
“I know I’m new in town, but I feel like I’ve never seen you around before.”
They had just evaded the cops, maybe they found their first friend in town.

♡coded by uxie♡

rich&sad.

• mood

-->

-->

-->

Terran can't say he heard exactly what they were saying, just that the person right in front of them didn't get that the both of them were running from the the law. He sighed and swung them to the side, near the trashcans. That was just out of sight for them, which was good enough for Terran. He dug in his pocket and retrieved his cigarettes: A pack of Marlboro Smooths. He liked that brand because it tasted like Christmas. Just another habit he picked up from Mama Tarah. She was a straight G though, so fuck it. He lit up, blowing his smoke away from their face. He held up his pack and raised his eyebrows.

"Wanna smoke?"
he asked, offering the cigs as a sign of trust.
"I'm Terran Dane Bigsby,"
he said, like he always did when he was meeting a new person. New face, same old dance, usually, but he could feel something different with this one. They had their wits about them, foreign but not out of their depth. They weren't an idiot, but he hoped they weren't ignorant. It's easier to forgive an idiot. He shifted o his heels a bit and continued smoking.
"I just got out of rehab a month ago...but I don't think staying clean is gonna be part of my repertoire."

He was assessing them, making sure they were cool. For all he knew, they were a undercover cop with good skin. And he had just re-uped too. Four-thousand in cash and 10k in product sat in the walk-in closet. That was intent to sell. No fucking way was he getting caught up again. They seemed cool, but not that cool. So, it all sat on if they took the cigarette or not...or, more importantly, how they took the cigarette. He learned from the best, after all. He knew how to judge someone. A long drag off the cigarette exhaled a cloud of smoke that rose above their head and twisted around his head. He was King of the Clouds.

psycho

♡coded by uxie♡
-->

scroll

First 4th of July

Juniper.

mood

Fight or Fuck

outfit

Near Terran's House

interactions

Terran

[CW: Spicy Language and Themes]

Later on, Juniper would admit they were a little cocky with their evasion from the lawmen. Standing in the middle of a quiet road like bait wasn’t a smart move, so they would eventually forgive Terran for the moment he scooped them under both armpits and swung them into a hiding spot behind some trash cans. The denim jacket flung out of their grasp and landed with a dull thud on the grass. Juniper’s back grazed the side of a shed, unable to move lest they collided with Terran’s bare chest just inches from them.

He was so close.

Now, they never liked to make assumptions about people, but usually, when someone was this close to Juniper, it was a fight or fuck kind of moment, and the maths were not ruling out any possibilities in this situation. He was not afraid to throw a popsicle at a cop. Fight. Breathing very close to their face. Fuck. Strong enough to hoist Juniper into the air. Fight. The way he slobbered on that can at the store. Trying to Fuck. Digging into their pocket for…something. Fight?

Juniper’s heart started to race. They should have been more careful and maybe not trusted this stranger, just because he, admittedly, was very attractive. He had a well trimmed chest, obviously someone who does a few push ups once in a while. The heat and the run resulted in droplets of sweat beading down his skin, and he smelled very nice, of old smoke and something woody and floral. Was he propositioning them? Some sort of ‘I saved you from the cops, now you owe me’ game? What was in his pocket? A knife?

All this time, they assumed King’s Landing was a boring suburban hell where nothing happened. And here they were, probably going to be stabbed to death in a lust filled rage by a hot stranger.

"Wanna smoke?"
He held a pack of Marlboro’s, offering Juniper one.
”I'm Terran Dane Bigsby,"
Terran’s eyebrow cocked as he exhaled a cloud of smoke away from their face.

It was a relief to take a cigarette from the pack, laughing to themself as he lit the end for Juniper.
“I was starting to think I had gotten myself into a sticky situation here.”
They took a drag, and leaned back, resting on the shed, smiling flirtatiously at Terran.
“In the interest of honesty, I may appear to be a girl, but I’m actually a non-binary hottie.”
Juniper winked and brought the cigarette to their red painted lips.
“They/them, rather than she/her and all that.”

If there was a more satisfying way to out oneself to a stranger, Juniper hadn’t found it. In a perfect world, they’d be able to be upfront with their identity, but the world was filled with small minded people with their own idea of who you should be. The upside to this, was Juniper would know for certain if this Terran person was one they’d want around them based on his reactions. If not, Juniper would have to find a way out from under him, and fast.

As if on cue, he leaned back on his heels.
"I just got out of rehab a month ago...but I don't think staying clean is gonna be part of my repertoire."
Juniper was almost taken aback at his confession. What does one even say in response?

“Oh - We’re being very honest here.”
They crossed one arm over their chest, the other holding the smouldering cigarette.
”That’s very refreshing, and might I say, you look great.”
Not that they had a previous point of reference. He just looked fine. Terran engulfed the two of them in smoke, as Juniper smiled and pushed themself off the shed wall. It was their turn to get into his space.

“Well, let’s just say, clean is not really in my repertoire either.”
They snaked their arms over his bare shoulders, their noses nearly touching. Nothing wrong with taking a shot.
“I’m not usually into straight guys though, but you seem…”
They bit their lower lip as they pondered their work choice.
“Fun.”
Their eyes flicked up to catch his own.

♡coded by uxie♡

rich&sad.

• mood

"How many licks..."

-->

-->

-->

Wait, wait, wait, wait....

Terran hadn't had any action since...the thing...so the fact that this strange ass "person" was ridin' his jock like a equestrian goddess was very off putting to him. 384 days, 13 hrs., 24 minutes... This was a lot to take in. He kinda liked it, to be honest. A person who could take charge was pretty attractive, no matter the gender. Wild hair, wild soul. Yes, this one would do as a friend or something. But, frankly, he only liked their boobs. Not to take away from the person in the slightest, they were GORGEOUS. But, he liked what he liked and they certainly didn't have what he needed in that department. Terran liked to be on the recieving end of certain acts, if you catch the drift.

HOWEVER...

He was game to play just a little.

“I’m not usually into straight guys though, but you seem…Fun." they said, piqing his interest entirely. Seductive and agressive. If only they resembled more of a Tom Hardy kind of body. Then again...

"Fun?"
he asked, reaching behind their waist. He tenderly pressed the small of their back, pressing his skin to hers. Rigid parts met delicately soft skin. His pupils were fully blown against green irises.
"Fun has a new definition with me."
he murmered, licking his bottom lip before bringing his face to theirs. He felt them shudder as he drifted his cheek against hers, bringing his full lips to their ear.

"But, I'm as gay as a tangerine."
He whispered before cracking a smile and laughing.
"I mean, I'm bi...but I'm into men more. But, you've got a nice set of tits and a pretty smile for a...Brit?"
He stood back and tapped the tip of their nose softly before moving toward his house.
"Come on, let's do drugs. Mama T and Veronica are gonna be home soon and we gotta look soberish when they bring food home. Hurry up."
he said, opening the guest-house door and entering, leaving the door open for them to enter.

Take Ü There

Feat. Kiesza(Missy Remix)

♡coded by uxie♡
-->

Users who are viewing this thread

Back