• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Red Dead Redemption 2 rp

TheAdventureBegins

Wwwwhaaaaaat?
I've been playing through RDR2 story and now have an itch to rp it. I havent made it to the end but I want this rp to mostly be an open world western rp. Robbing trains, causing mayhem, hiding from the law, all of the fun stuff. You can create people from the game or make your own original character. Anyone interested or have a more solid plot?

I'm just going to bump this. I'm also going to add a little plot I've gotten from the game.

A group of outlaws following the plans of Dutch have run into some trouble. After a job that went terribly wrong the outlaws must run, fight, and survive. The law is on their backs at all time, and over the horizon civilization has no use for outlaws anymore. What are they to do?

So for this rp I want to keep the map from the game, keep some main characters and add our own. I hope people are interested:)

Last edited:
Yaaay I'm stoked that you guys want to join, I'm playing the game as we speak. Is there anything you guys want to add to the plot or see apart of the rp?

I can’t really think of much I’d want to add. I mean if we follow the plot even loosely there is a LOT to do in rdr2.

I’m definitely going to do an OC I have a rough idea already but I’ll be doing a little more research and thought to really flesh him out

I'd suggest being a gang similar to dutch's, a eccentric leader who always has a plan leading a group of outlaws, killers, etc across the American country in the last days of gun ho savagery.

On the run from pinkertons, other gangs, common law men and bounty hunters...

I tried starting one but it didn't get much a audience so if you want a plot I could help out.

Yeah that's kinda the idea I had. I was thinking of keeping Dutch as the leader, anyone is welcome to play him, otherwise he is an npc that everyone can control or someone can make a leader. That way anyone can make any cannon characters they want and fit them in easily. I'm open to hearing more in depth plot if you wanna post it.

Yeah that's kinda the idea I had. I was thinking of keeping Dutch as the leader, anyone is welcome to play him, otherwise he is an npc that everyone can control or someone can make a leader. That way anyone can make any cannon characters they want and fit them in easily. I'm open to hearing more in depth plot if you wanna post it.
If it was up to me I'd say no dutch, just have a leader whose basically the same in the way they have a gang that would live and die for them. That way you have a original plot and character directing every player to the same goal

(if dutch is the leader the plan is money, a original leader might have a plan to encourage the gang with)

As for plot depending on characters posted could change it but ultimately it's the gang going from location to location trying to survive and live comfortable.
Some could be hunting, some robbing and selling coaches,
Main plot points like "our gang vs their gang" would get every player there etc

I like playing leader types, so if no one else wants to, I'd take up the mantle.

I agree with NeonFlow NeonFlow about non canon leaders, and suggest we take it a step further. Use the world, maybe add a bit if necessary, but canon characters don't really have a part, except occasional mentions.

That's all fine by me Elysium Elysium may have the leader position. I was thinking most people would already be apart of the gang. Like the beginning of the rp is the same as in the game almost. They got into huge trouble and are hiding trying to get money, food and their comforts back. They start stuck in the blizzard, then move on to a safer location and then move on etc.. etc... till they obtain their goal.

For enemies I was thinking of at least:
-Pinkertons
-Bounty hunters
-At least one gang like the O'Driscolls

Any specific enemies you wanted to see? Also should those roles be playable or npcs? I was thinking npc(as in we can all control them within reason) unless majority wants to rp as them too.

I'm going to get the character sheet up today before fully creating the thread, just so we can get more of a feel for characters and plot.

Elysium Elysium feel free to make the leader and have his end goal be whatever you want. ( As in money, fame, power etc...)

PSA

So to keep everyone up to date. We have decided to add something new to the plot. There will be two gangs working together to survive. They will have the same goal in mind, but have different moral compass guiding them to this goal. I will be creating a Lore page with the history and backstory. Elysium Elysium and Eyelessraven Eyelessraven will be the two leaders.

I'll see what the two leaders I can follow are like before making a character aha

I might even toss in my leader Joseph Dee Volc. He has a plan and just needs all the faith his men can muster.

Well I have an idea for a character or two but I’ll wait for both gang leaders to be posted so I’ll know which gang they’d fit better in

My leader is basically a more drugfucked version of dutch so I have no problems if no one wants to join the Volc gang aha
If anyone does want to join feel free to create a backstory in which Joseph helped said character in a way that inspired undying loyalty or ask me for a idea

My other character ideas is a Australian outlaw type who found success using Ned Kelly style armour as well as his accuracy,

The second is a sneaky sort who is good in close quarters. bows and arrows, knives etc

Last edited:
That’s funny because my original character idea was a man who was more stealth oriented ran around using a white mask, and mostly used more silent weapons such as bows, tomahawks, and throwing knives

I imagine many people would use weapons like that when bullets need to be bought aha

The idea of someone being more skilled with a bow or knife as opposed to a gun isn't foreign in the time period... bringing a boomerang or making them would be to much of a quirk I'd say aha so Ned kelly armour is the most Australian culture I'll bring to this aha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back