• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Red and Blue (Marvel RP)

"I'm home in a minute", Tony smiled and put the phone down.
With a huge triumphing grin he hugged Laura and laughed.
"Thanks, really... It's so relieving..."
He kissed Laura's cheek and then collected the parts of his suit from the floor.
"I just realized something...", he murmured, "I should have married Pep ages ago... I don't even know why I didn't..."
Putting all his suit parts back in place, he headed for the door.
"This is... simply amazing", the genius laughed when he ran out the door, while the metal parts of his suit started to cover his body. He took off and flew into the sky.
"FRIDAY, we have big plans for tonight!", he told his AI, his voice drenched in happiness and anticipation, "We need a ring, a table at a restaurant and..."
Suddenly, out of nowhere, there was a cold flash inside of his mind. Someone grabbing Pepper and dragging her away, hurting her, the child... He couldn't risk that, he just couldn't.
"Maybe that whole marrying thing was too much, maybe we..."
Should just split up, so Pepper is safe and I don't cause her any trouble...
No, not this time. He wouldn't let his fear ruin that moment, that wonderful moment where he finally would show her how much he loved her. They would keep it a secret, of course they would. Also, no media about the child. It would be born somewhere safe, somewhere no one would see that Pepper was even pregnant, somewhere she was well protected and where she was always welcome... Exept someone tried to threaten Clint's and Laura's children.

"Pepper, I love you", was the first thing the genius said when he landed in the living room.
He took his suit off and hugged the woman, kissed her softly.
"What I said before, I meant it. I meant it all, just like I said it. And I wanna be a daddy. Not because I know I can do that, but because I wanna try. And I figured... If Howard Stark had the privilege to be a dad, I can't be less privileged than him. I'll just do my best not to be like him and if I ever should be... leave me. Look for a better man. Okay?"
The genius had his arms wrapped around her waist and looked at her with the most serious and honest look she had ever seen.
"You're the most beautiful woman in my life and that's why..."
Tony took a deep breath and knelt down in front of her, pulling out a ring he had bought on the way. It was a decent ring with small diamonds on it. It had still been expensive, of course. But what was money to him? Everything for his beautiful Pepper. She was worth more than all diamond rings in the world.
"Miss Virginia Potts... Do you wanna marry me?", he asked, his face turning red and he was so ashamed, so ashamed. This situation was too awkward to be true.

When Clint saw that it actually had been Wanda, who was hiding in the barn, he was relieved. She wouldn't have hurt Natasha without a reason and she could make it stop again.
"You don't have to leave", he said, smiling softly, It's good to see you again."
He held out his arms for a hug.
"Come down here, come on. What are you doing here?"
He knew that she was scared, insecure. They had been on different sides in the fight. But Clint never really had taken this battle seriously. And now that it was over, they were still a family.
"You don't have to be scared, Wanda."
Though he had no idea how, he tried to open up his mind to her, letting her read his intentions. It was a big deal for Clint, letting anyone see into his head again. He had trained hard to have full control over his thoughts so no one would be able to make him do the things Loki made him do. But right now, it was important for Wanda to know that he wasn't, had never been, on anyone's side.
The archer sat down on the hay and waited for her to come closer.
"Let's talk, hm? Just us. Then you can decide whether you wanna stay or leave."

Pietro had seen Clint enter the barn and had immediately turned around to save his sister. But the archer just took Natasha and brought her inside. Pietro knew how that mind curse worked. It would keep her busy for quite a while. But then the archer came back and Pietro tensed. What now? Was he going to punish Wanda for hurting his friend?
He hid behind the tractor and sent Wanda a sign that he was there. In case of an attack, he wouldn't hesitate to kill that man.

Bucky laughed, but Steve could see the worries in his eyes. There was more to it than the former soldier wanted to admit. He sat down with a sigh and massaged his temples.
"Steve... Did I.... fall off a train?", he asked, his eyes barely open anymore. He was tired, so tired. But the dreams wouldn't let him sleep for very long. He leaned back on the bed and snuggled into the pillow.
"Oh dang, your bed is so comfortable...", he yawned with that oh so familiar smirk on his face, "I think we'll have to share."
He made some space for his friend and then claimed the blanket.
"Let's just hope your girlfriend isn't gonna be jealous..." Those were the last words of James Barnes before he fell asleep.

Laura was overwhelmed by the sudden happiness unsure of what to do. That man's moods seemed to change faster than her children's. But she was happy for him. Perhaps that meant that he would be able to deal with his relationship on his own in the future. It wasn't like she minded him coming but after today's events she would prefer him stay away for a few days at least. But given the fact that Natasha was here as well, things didn't seem to calm down anytime soon. She rose to her feet and started to clean the kitchen once Stark had left.

Tony hung up and Pepper sighed. All that information made her head spin - both in a good and bad way. She needed a moment or two to process everything and Pepper rubbed her face before she proceeded to clear the history of her browser. Tony wouldn't need to know about her googling for abortion prior to his call. She felt like someone had taken weight off her shoulder and slowly but surely a grin appeared on her lips. He wanted....Tony wanted a family with her and it was slowly becoming true. Perhaps they were becoming a family in their own way. "FRIDAY? I would appreciate you not telling Tony about what I did while he was away.", she told the AI loudly and of course the female voice agreed.
Shortly after Tony landed in their living room and she rose to her feet. "Tony...", she greeted him and went over to hug him tight despite of his suit. "Why didn't you tell me about your sleeping troubles?", she asked worried as he went to confess his love at first. She let go off of her embrace as he went to take off all the parts. She placed her hand on his cheek as he went on about how he did want this child. "Just promise me something, Tony. We're going to do this our way. We'll leave your father out of this. He doesn't matter at all. We're going to do this our way, alright?", she spoke softly pecking his cheek just before he went down on his knee. A gentle smile appeared on her lips as he popped the question. Her gaze was filled with love and she bowed forward kissing his lips. "Yes, I do think so, Mister Anthony Edward Stark.", she smiled and continued "But only if you're not only asking me because we're expecting a child. I want you to be sure about it."

Wanda looked at Clint as he opened his arms for a hug. She simply looked at him as she finally landed on her feet. Her hands were still surrounded by the red mist though. She was ready to attack or defend herself in case that Clint would attack. After what had happened she didn't turst anyone of the Avengers anymore. Even Rogers had proved to only have Barnes's well being in mind. He didn't care for the Sokovian Act unless it affected his best friend. "I'm not scared. Just looking for something, I've lost.", she repeated and she hoped Pietro was alright. The archer sat down on one of the hay bail. "What do you want to talk about? How they put me into a steaightjacket for my own safety and tested my talents just like Hydra did? I thought SHIELD and the UN were supposed to be better than Hydra. But in truth they're worse because they hide it. They're just like Stark. Afraid of everything so the only solution is to oppress.", she spoke almost sounding mocking. Wanda showed no interest in going through his memories. She knew that Clint wasn't her enemy so she refrained from doing so. Wanda didn't want to chat with Clint all she was looking for was her brother. "How is your child?", she suddenly asked, knowing that Clint had named his newborn son after her brother.

"Yes-yes, you did.", Steve confirmed with a frown. Seeing him like this was new and it brought a new wave of worry. Was this progress or were they slowly but surely taking steps backwards? Steve had no answers about that but still placed the duvet around Bucky. Just like his best friend had used to do back in Brooklyn when Steve had gone from one sickness to another. "She won't mind... Nat knows sleeping is important, Buck.", he simply stated not bothering to correct him about Natasha. It didn't matter anyways as he was sure that James would've forgotten about it in a few hours. He watched him sleep and went to sit down on the empty side of the bed. He looked at his alarm clock as he was wide awake now. Steve sighed and glanced out of the window at the bad view of the New York underground, which regularly drove by. It caused the whole apartment to shake regularly.

Natasha sneaked out of the farm and ran. First after a few miles she stopped as her mind started to clear. She leaned breathless against a tree. Once again the shadows looked like monsters and irrational fear took over. The lack of sleep as well as her forced memories were coming to the surface. She screamed trying to silence the voices in her mind, which told her how to behave. Silencing the little she knew about good and bad telling her to go back and kill the civilians. It would be so easy. No-one would saw it coming and there were no witnesses left. The small part of her brain which was still Natasha made her sit down on the ground and lean against a tree. The redhead closed her eyes listening to the wildlife around her.

"Why didn't you tell me about your sleeping troubles?", Pepper asked him.
Yes, why hadn't he? It was complicated... he didn't want to talk about it, but Pepper didn't let go. After the proposal, she asked again. Tony just professionally overheard the question. It was something he had already been a pro at when Pepper had started to work for him. And probably one of the traits which annoyed her the most.
"I've been planning to marry you, it's just... the right time now. That's why. But we'll do this all quietly and hidden, so they don't know about it. You gotta keep your name, though. It's for your own safety...", he tried to distract her by answering her former question, "And we need a hideout. Somewhere where no one knows you. A safe house where you and the kid can live. I'll make sure we get something like that. In the mean time... you have done tons of overtime. You can just take six months off without asking. I'll fix the company necessities until you're back, I'm retired from being a superhero anyway."
Looking her deep in the eyes, Tony tried to convince his girlfriend.
"And for now, I know the best place to go", he smiled and gently pressed her against his body.
A loving kiss followed and for the first time since he had called her in the middle of the night, begging her to come back, Tony seemed relaxed, happy.
"Yes, we're gonna do this our way. It's our child and our choice. We're gonna be a family, Pep. A real American dream family."
He kissed her again, smiling while he did so.
"You'll see... I can do this..."

Clint nodded at Wanda's comment.
"I know how you feel... I'm sorry", he started, not really knowing what to say, "You feel betrayed and I understand why. I'm not trying to justify here, just telling zou to come inside and get to know my kids. Don't you wanna see Nathaniel Pietro Barton?
I can guarantee that no one in here will tell anyone where you are or send anyone to harm you. We're a family here and I'd just like to show you. You're free to leave any time, really. This is a fight free zone."
He waited for her to say something, anything. He really wanted to help her, like he had helped Natasha. But he had caught her on the wrong foot. Instead of sparing her life, like with Natasha, he had threatened her- indirectly, but still quite obviously- for a reason none of them really understood. He just wanted to talk to her, clear things up. Maybe he could even regain her trust, if he moved slowly and didn't make any mistakes. For Wanda was alone, she didn't have anywhere to go or anyone to turn to. God knows where she had been the last few months. Had she been living on the street, like Natasha? Had she had enough money to get by, to afford a life? Clint didn't really want to know that, for what counted was that she was here now. And he wouldn't let her go without a meal.
"I can help you look for whatever it is, if you want me to", he offered, one last try to talk to her.

Bucky woke up again. But this time he just got up and stood in front of the window. He stared at the billboard signs and tried to make sense of it all. What had happened to him still burned in his head, but he couldn't reach it. There was only him, a black mask and the feeling that he should remember things he didn't. He really didn't want to disappoint Steve, but it was way less he remembered than he actually claimed to. He had read the story of Captain America and the Howling Comandos about a thousand times. He knew the story, but it wasn't his memories. It was just facts and photos, occasionally.
He knew the names because someone had written them down, not because he had actually remembered. He couldn't tell Steve, though. His friend was so enthusiastic when he threw in some names now and then, asking him about their connections to him. He just wanted Steve to worry less, make him think he was getting better... But was he? He really wasn't sure at all.

Pepper listened to him talk about life after their wedding. The statement took her off guard for a moment. He explained why she needed to keep her last name yet it still made her frown. "I don't want a big wedding anyways. Just you and me and our closest friends.", she told him gently and wrapped her arms around him into an embrace. Again he was ahead of himself without even asking her for her opinion. But Pepper was used to it. It was something she dealt with everyday in a way it made her smile. It was annoying as hell but she wouldn't want Tony any other way. "I'm not going to take 6 months off. Who's supposed to lead the company while I'm away?", she spoke and kissed his cheek before letting go and crossing her arms "It's really thoughtful Tony. But I'm not going to hide somewhere for the rest of my life. We're going to raise the child in LA and New York. We're gonna manage that as long as you won't give away your address publicly again, alright?" Pepper sounded calm and smiled at him as she looked back into his eyes. She was very well aware that this topic was about who'd have the longer breath and won't give in at the end. "How about you go hiding and take care of the child?", she suggested jokingly with a smirk.
As he mentioned that he knew where to go, Pepper looked at him interested. "Where do you want to go?", she asked him curious and hugged him. He seemed to relax almost even sag into her. He had been so tensed lately and it just became so clear. All she wanted was for him to be happy, to feel loved. But a part of her had always known that he was tensed and afraid. She ran a hand through his hair as she sank into his hug. "I don't know if we're gonna be an American Dream family but I certainly know that you can do that.", she told him truthfully.

"Betrayed.", she spat out and her stopped glowing. "My brother gave his life for you and you thank him by giving both of us a false sense of safety. If it wasn't for you...", she spoke but cut herself off. It didn't matter anymore, Wanda reminded herself. Her twin was alive and that's all what mattered. Still the grief seemed to overwhelm her again. It was more than obvious that she hadn't processed what had happened in Sokovia yet. But the mention of the baby made her both tense and relax again. She was aware why Pietro had run into the bullets for Clint. This tiny human being didn't deserve growing up without parents like she and her brother had. Stealing their clothes and food in order to survive.
At the mention of him helping her look for what she was searching for, her eyes started glowing threateningly again. But this time she seemed to estimate Clint. "What I'm looking for is behind the tractor. I know where it is and it's up to the thing to come out.", she spoke watching Clint to make sure that the archer wouldn't make any wrong step. In the same time she tried telling Pietro that it was okay. That she doubted Clint would snitch them.

Steve had dozed off as Bucky woke up and rose to his feet. It took him a moment before the blond would finally wake up. He rubbed his face tired and watched his best friend at the window. "Perhaps we should leave New York for a few days? What do you say? Some kind of vacation from the madness...", Steve suggested gesturing to the window and continued "We could go to the countryside. Maybe it will help us relax."

"Pepper...", he said, "I don't feel good about this..."
He was honest for the first time now. It was scary, but relieveing to say what was on his mind.
"Can you just trust me and take some time off when you're... like... really pregnant? I don't want anything to hurt you and the baby. I just wanna make sure you're okay...", he told her, "I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something happened to you. Please, just for the time of the birth and that all. It's safer. And apart from that, I want you to get to know someone. I think you'd make good friends."
Tony smiled a big smile and tried to make her do the same.
"And for that time, I can take your place. I've done that before, remember? When the kid is a little older, I can stay home and you can work, as you always did. I will..."
This time he really felt like he could manage. With Clint's and Laura's advice, he would be the greatest father ever. And he knew he wasn't alone in this, that even if Pepper hated him, he had someone to talk to about anything.
"But you know what? Now we're gonna drive downtown and eat something. I reserved a table and we're gonna spend some money today and celebrate. And tomorrow you can sleep until 10. I'll attend the meeting and make the deal with the chinese guys. Can't be that hard, right? All they want is a proof that our energy is strong enough and I can proove that. So we should be good."
He had it all worked out, his perfect plan. No one would get the chance to hurt Pepper while or after she was pregnant and the child would grow up far away from all that mess he had made. It would have two loving parents, a big garden to play in and everything it wished for. It would be a happy child, not like Tony had been. And it wouldn't look back to the day someone murdered its parents, trying to forget everything. It wouldn't be forced to take over an empire of a company it didn't even want. Their child would live a great life.

"Okay", Clint nodded, "I'm leaving. If you wanna come inside, don't feel shy. If not, just leave. I'm not gonna force you to do anything. We still have a warm dinner inside, so if you're hungry... "He shrugged. "And you can have some waffles and ice cream afterwards."
Trying not to glance behind the tractor out of pure curiousity, Clint left the barn and headed for the house, when he saw the back door was open.
"Tasha?", he called, but there was no answer. Her room was empty.
"Dammit, Natasha!"
Where had she gone? And what had Wanda done to her? Was she on the run, was she that scared girl form back then again? She had looked like before he had left her. He should have stayed with her instead of going investigating. Now he felt guilty and worried.
"Laura", he asked into the silence, "Did you see where Tasha went?"
He entered the living room, his eyes widened in worry. He should have stayed with her...
"Wanda is hiding in the barn... and Natasha found her. She did something to her mind and now... We have to find her before something happens, Laura. We have to bring her home..."
He knew how it felt to be under mind control and it wasn't pleasant, not at all.

"Yes...", Bucky said and started to pack up. He wasn't to contradict when he was given orders. Though he wanted to stay where he was safe, it was an order. Steve stood there and looked so worried. He just couldn't help but play machine. It was easier, so much easier. And he was so tired.
When they were done packing, Steve dragged him down the stairs. His mind was numb, it was almost like he was too close to let him take control. Him, the other man inside of his body. Him, who wanted to run and kill everyone who got in his way. But he stayed, for Steve. He didn't really believe he could be fixed, but if his friend did, he would let him try. Steve didn't hadn't given up on him and that gave Bucky a slight spark of hope. It wasn't much, but just enough to hold onto it and try to fight. Maybe he should have killed himself when he had the chance to do so. But maybe, just maybe the answer was in trying to survive.

"Alright, alright...", she sighed and kissed him gently before adding "But I'm deciding when it's time to take my time off from work. Knowing you, you're going to freak out once I throw up because of morning sickness." She smiled teasingly at him and gently placed her hand on his cheek. "Who am I supposed to meet? A friend of yours?", she asked him with a gentle smile and caressed his cheek hoping to finally be able to be a proper part of his life now. "Oh, I also remember me cleaning up your mess, Mister Stark. Attending your meetings because you couldn't be bothered.", she joked and went in for a full hug.
"That sounds actually lovely. Just remember to be nice. We don't want to scare them off. They'd be a great investment in our clean energy. But no matter whether you mess that meeting up or not, I love you, Tony. So for now, let's celebrate. I'm actually starving.", she told him and kissed him gingerly before she slowly released her hug.

Wanda walked over to the tractor hoping Pietro was still there. "Waffle and ice cream actually sounds amazing, what do you think? I don't think he will snitch us, Pietro. He seemed genuine about what he said in his own twisted ways.", she told her brother as she walked over to the tractor. She felt her heart beating loudly against her chest. The archer hadn't come to kill her for what she had done to the spy. That seemed like a good move. Her gaze fell on her bother as she debated about whether or not they should stay. She knew that they wouldn't be able to keep on living by stealing. So maybe having a roof over her head even for a few days sounded way too welcoming. "I think we should stay, Pietro... I'm so tired of running. We should rest and eat while we can.", she carefully told him and added "I can keep the spy at bay. A fearful mind is way easier to control and the redhead is scared to death. It's something about the Winter Soldier I cannot quite get a grasp off. But it surely offers enough fear to keep her away from you and us. But it's your choice, I'm not going to stay without you."

Bucky agreed to his suggestion but a part of him felt like it was no sincere agreement. Steve didn't want to force his best friend into following him but it almost seemed like this apartment didn't offer any of both solace. They needed a calm place or at least that's what Steve told himself in order to justify dragging Buck around.
"You will love it where we're going. It's lovely where and Clint is there. Maybe he knows how to help you, Buck. He had been mind controlled as well and survived it.", he spoke in order to fill the uncomfortable silence as Steve tried to hire a cab. He probably shouldn't because of SHIELD but none of them were able to walk there. So perhaps Bucky would even be able to sleep a little. Eventually a cab stopped and Steve placed their bags into the trunk while he waited for his best friend to get inside the cab. So they could get moving.

Tony took Pepper to an expensive restaurant and they celebrated with everything they could get. In the end, they were so full, they couldn't even move. They drove home, the roof of the cabrio wide open and Tony whistled one of his favourite AC/DC songs, his arm wrapped around Pepper's shoulder. It felt so good, so right.
The fear and tension was gone for a moment. He felt free and so happy. And talking about it, about what happened, had made it so much easier. When they came home, he carried Pepper upstairs and kissed her passionately. He loved her so much.
But when he lay down next to her, the dreams came back. The pictures of Loki, Ultron and Steve who had all tried to harm him. He buried his head in Pepper's chest and shivered.
"Pep... I can't sleep...", he whispered, waking her up for the first time in ages, "It's Steve... He won't leave me be..."

When Pietro heard ice cream, he decided that they would stay. He hadn't had anything like that in ages and Wanda could just get him some. He would just wait outside and sleep in the hay. It was way more comfortable than some crappy bed or the floor under a bridge. No one would find them out here. And his sister needed some sleep. She had been acting tough, but he knew she wasn't fine. And if she was so sure that Clint wouldn't snitch them, it was probably the best if they stayed here for a while, so Wanda could get some rest.
With a yawn, he dropped into the hay and a cloud of dust raised. He coughed.
"I will stay here and you go inside. And bring me some waffles", he stated and grinned, "And don't be greedy with the ice cream."
Snuggling into the hay, he looked at his sister. Sometimes he was still like a child, but that was just the way he was.
"I'll wait for you, you can go inside."
With a happy sigh and another cough, he closed his eyes.
"Just come back later at night."

When Bucky smelt the fumes of the engine, his hands started to shiver. He stared into the distance and his eyes became huge.
It was dark, too dark. He shivered, and there was a lot of pain. And buzzing, that buzzing again. He shot, there were so many shots.
"Run, Bucky, run!"
And that's what he did. He ran. Away from the guns, the shots, the fumes. Away from the cars full of soldiers, shooting at them. But Steve,where was Steve? Where was his best friend?!! Was he dead already? Hit by a bullet?
And the rattle again. A train, this time he saw it clealy. And words echoed in his mind. Pain, so much pain. But his face evened, his mask was on his face again, as he stared at a red light and a pale face.

Bucky sank to his knees, breathing heavily, hyperventilating. He had his arms wrapped around himself and shivered, staring at something far in the distance.
"Готовы выполнить (Ready to comply)...", he whispered, "Какие у меня заказы? (What are my orders?)"
He cried, tears running down his cheeks.
"Natalia... "
The taxi driver looked at Steve, pretty confused.
"Is he okay, man?", he asked, truned around and revealed a pair of huge sunglasses and a familiar smile, "Get him inside, Rogers. We don't have a lot of time."
The dark skinned man put the huge baseball cap off and revealed a bald head.
"Come on now, let's get moving", Fury demanded and waved his hand, "We have three minutes."

Pepper was happy. It felt like they had finally moved their differences away for good. She was happy and enjoying her time with Tony. Perhaps in the end this baby wouldn't be the worst for them to happen but quite the opposite. She smiled and kissed his cheek. Once he woke her up, she stirred in her sleep and mumbled "Then tell him to go away...", her mind was still sleep derived and she was about to turn around to continue sleeping. But something in the back of her mind stopped her and envelop him into a warm hug. "No, you know what don't do that. Stay here with me.", she told him and finally opened her eyes. Her gaze was sleepy but still she kissed the top of his head. "What do you want to do instead?", she asked him despite of feeling like she should sleep and continued "We could have ice cream and french fries instead..?"

"Come with me...", she pleaded and continued knowing it would stroke his ego "Don't you want to meet the baby who has been named after you? For some heroic bullshit you did and almost got you killed?" Wanda rose her hand so he would take it despite of his effort to get comfortable in the hay. "We can also go back to the barn and sleep here. But maybe a bed doesn't sound too bad, does it? Besides you'd get to eat those waffles when they're fresh and warm." Depending on him, she would go inside and simply eat a little and return with as much waffles and ice cream she would be able to get. Just the thought of actually being able to eat something else than stolen fruits or a piece of bread actually made her stomach growl. "Come on, sleepyhead. We can always get sleep later.", she told him and walked over to drag his butt off the hay. "They won't snitch you. Not going to allow that to happen.", Wanda stressed out.

Laura looked up as Clint came in worried. She sighed somehow this day seemed to have one trouble after another. "What is it this time?", she asked him almost bored. Once Natasha's name dropped, she actually looked up worried. "What do you mean she's not here anymore?", Laura asked and rose to her feet. "I didn't even know she left...", she admitted and looked worried back at Clint. "Go and look for her.", she told her husband and continued "I'm going to take care of the kids and Wanda. She shouldn't have..." With a small shake of her head, she added "Bring Tasha home. She needs someone to lean on. I don't know what's going on with her but she doesn't seem herself lately. If anyone can find her, it's you, Clint." Now, wasn't the time to start pointing fingers. They needed to look for Natasha before something happened that any of them regretted. Laura knew parts of Natasha's story and if that woman thought she was back in Russia bad thing would sooner or later happen to all of them.

"Buck?", he called out once he had the bags in the trunks. "Just give us a moment.", he spoke to the driver, ignoring him and wrapped his arm around him. "Let's go, shall we..?", he spoke worried unsure of how to handle the situation properly. To him it felt like he was only dragging him from one place to another. Steve tried to catch Bucky's gaze as he seemed to be somewhere else. Suddenly he talked Russian and Steve didn't understand a word. That was until a name dropped. "Who's Natalia, Bucky? A friend?", he asked careful hoping to draw his attention back to the present.
Once Fury spoke his name, Steve looked up to see the former director of SHIELD. "Son of a...", he muttered under his breath as he debated whether to trust Fury or not. Within seconds, he wrapped his arm around Bucky and dragged him into the car. For anyone else Bucky would be too heavy. But Steve moved the man like he was weighing nothing at all. "What happens in three minutes and what are you doing here?", he demanded to know deciding that he still would be able to knock Fury out later. For now, all that mattered was them moving as fast as possible. New York didn't seem safe anymore. If Fury had found their location, other agency less friendly might've found out about them as well.

When Pepper turned away, Tony's heart dropped for a moment. But then she turned back around and he smiled. She actually tried to help him, she actually cared. He got up and nodded.
"Ice cream doesn't sound too bad, but I think the fries would take too long", he grinned and headed for the kitchen.
"Laura make me some cacao the last time, it calmed me down... So maybe that would help me fall asleep?"
He still shivered, but he felt better, less alone. He sat down on the sofa and Dum-e came and tried to wrap a blanket around his master, failing terribly. Tony sighed and did it himself.
"Would you please make me some cacao?", he asked Pepper, trying to make his voice sound stable.
His whole body was vibrating from the adrenaline those pictures had sent through his veins.
It was war, war at New York. The houses started to crumble as he tried to find the monster that was causing people to scream and run for their lives. And there he was. Steve... his best friend. Well, a twisted version of him, with ripped clothes and a broken shield. The Winter Soldier was standing right beside him, holding something in his arms... A child... Pepper's...
"Pepper!", he screamed and jumped up. He hadn't even noticed he had fallen asleep again. The little robot rolled backwards, buzzing in shock. Tony looked around, his eyes gleaming with fear. Where were they? Where was his child...? Where was he...?

Pietro shook his head and fought his sister with all his might.
"No, I'm not going in there!"
He wasn't ready for this. He wasn't ready for anything like this. For meeting the old man again, for telling him that all he had wanted was to save him and bring him back to his family. Because actually that all was exceptionally awkward. He wasn't a hero, he just wanted to live.
"That's stupid, no one named a child after me", he stated and pulled his arm out of Wanda's grip, "I'm not that good."
He just wanted to sleep. And eat ice cream and waffles.
"Go inside. I want waffles. Please....", he asked, nearly politely. He wouldn't go in there, his decision was taken.

It was slowly getting dark, when Clint stumbled outside with a flashlight. She couldn't have gotten far, or could she?
"Tasha!", he called out for her, "Tasha, it's me! Come here, let me help you!"
When he couldn't find her, he leaned against a tree. Maybe this wasn't Natasha. Maybe this was little scared Natalia, trying to find shelter from someone who tried to kill her. If so, he had to change his strategy. He searched for about an hour, hiding behind trees and thinking of possible hiding places. But in the woods, he knew he didn't have a chance by night. Meanwhile it had gotten really dark and his flashlight was the only source of light.

Meanwhile, Cooper cmae downstairs to his Mom to seek comfort. He had had a bad dream and because he had seen that his Dad wasn't there, he was worried.
"Mom...", his thin voice called out for Laura, "Where is Daddy...?"
He looked around, searching the room.
"I dreamt he had to go away. And auntie Nat was in danger..."
The big boy snuggled into his mother's arms, making him look all small again. He buried his head under her arm, where it was warm and safe. He did get where his Dad had been and that he had saved the world. But he also understood how dangerous it was to fight the evil, that Clint might not make it back one day and leave them alone.... and that worried the boy's mind.

"I sent my agents to the wrong address, but that won't keep them busy for too long", Fury explained, as he started the car and drove like a maniac, "Wouldn't want anyone to judge a man with no memory."
He knew where to go, there was no use in explaining.
"But still you're exceptionally stupid", the director stated and looked at Steve and Bucky through the mirror, "Fighting over formalities, trying to kill each other because of a video which was obviously planted..."
He shook his head, but though he acted like he didn't care, there was anger gleaming in his shade covered eyes. His team had failed to recognize the real enemy and instead of fighting for their right together, they had split up and made it even worse.
"So how are you going to make up?", Nick kept on talking, "You do realize that one day you will need each other."
Bucky was still staring into the distance, his breath trembling and way too fast. He was stuck in a memory, which involved torture and pain. So completely elsewhere. He didn't even notice his friend, who tried to wake him up. Fury sighed.
"Is he getting better?", he asked, more a rhetorical question than an actual one. Still, he wanted to be polite. Or informed, but what was the difference, actually?

"But the baby wants its fries, Tony.", she complained and continued "Besides I'm giving up my beauty sleep for you. The least thing you could do is make your fiancée some fries." She looked at him with a groan but rose to her feet following him to the living room. He asked her for some cacao and she rose her eyebrow. "Who's Laura, Tony? Why are you meeting with someone named Laura?", she asked him seriously before mumbling "Seriously I'm marrying a child..." She tip toed off to the kitchen to make some iced chocolate. Once she was finished she walked back with one glasses of cacao with vanilla ice cream inside and a straw, only to find him sleeping again. "Typical...", she muttered under her breath and instead of waking she placed his glass on the table in front of him. Afterwards she went to make herself some French fries and once they were done, she placed them on a plate and walked back into the living room. "Your iced chocolate has probably melted by now.", she pointed out as he seemed to have just woken up.

"They have ice cream and you want some. Get your lazy butt up. Don't tell me your feet suddenly hurt after you ran away from me all day long.", she complained back still trying to get him to stand up again. Wanda didn't want to go alone. It scared her, what if there are SHIELD agents inside? What if she wouldn't be able to fight them and leave her brother behind. But at the word please, she stopped pulling at his arm. It had been the politest, he had been in weeks. "He named his stupid son: Nathaniel Pietro Barton. You can guess twice why his second name is Pietro, Pietro.", she told him but let go off his hand. "Just don't...don't run away, okay? I'm going to come back with waffles and ice cream. I'm going to sleep here with you. I don't need a bed but...", she cut herself off knowing that Pietro would understand that she simply needed his proximity. "Just stay... I'll be back in a bit.", she told him and moved towards the Barton house.

Natasha stirred from her sleep as she heard the voice of the archer, she felt to urge to kill. Her neck was hurting as she had fallen asleep leaning upright against a trunk. She quickly rose to her feet and walked away, moving quietly as the archer soon came to her earlier sleeping place. The redhead walked around him quietly watching his every move like a predator did before its attack. She was so close for the kill but suddenly he stopped looking defeated. She snorted unladylike and quietly thinking he was a joke of an assassin. It was the one thing that stopped her from attacking. Obviously the man wouldn't stand a chance against her. So Natasha lost her interest and headed away through the darkness. Natasha wandered around in the forest for a bit, looking for the place she was supposed to meet the Winter Soldier, James. He would know what she was supposed to do with the family. But he was nowhere to be found... Once again she had disappointed him and failed a mission. She first stopped to catch her breath as her feet hit the tarred road. It wasn't long until suddenly some headlights appeared and they were coming closer, someone honked at her but she didn't move. Like a scarred animal she didn't move one bit. It was almost like she was asking for the death.

"Cooper...", Laura called out surprised as her son walked down the stairs. She opened her arms for him to hug her. "What's going on? Why aren't you sleeping, buddy?", she asked him and he simply replied with a question of his own. "He's currently outside looking for some...thing.", she told him not wanting to worry the boy further. Finally he explained his worries and sat down on her lap. She pulled him close to her and cuddled him heartedly. "Dad's just outside. And...And aunt Nat will be fine. She has just gone through a lot and need to sort some of her thoughts, okay? I promise you everything will be alright again. It's just happening a lot of bad things lately. It's nothing to be afraid of though, alright?", she told him and pecked his hair. It broke her heart seeing her son like this. But she still stroke his back soothingly while holding him close. That's all she would be able to do. "Do you want a hot chocolate, Coop?", she asked him as it seemed to be her solution for everything bad happening in life.

"Thank you!", he spoke and threw his hands up as Fury agreed with him. Finally someone understood. The government had looked for a scapegoat and it had been Bucky because of his reputation. Once he mentioned though that his feud with Stark was stupid, Rogers rolled his eyes. "Well, I did send him a package with a phone and my number in it. I told him to call me if he needed something or the Avengers. But he never called so don't blame me!", he spoke like a stubborn boy and quickly added "If you want someone to blame, blame him. I just try to save my best friend!"
The next question of Fury made him raise his eyebrow. Just as he was to tell him that he should mind his own business a redheaded young woman suddenly appeared on the street. "Watch out!", he called out and reached forward to pull the stirring wheel into a direction so they wouldn't hit the woman.

Tony didn't really recognize Pepper. All he saw was his dream and the pictures of the past, the child and Pepper being hurt. When his glance slowly started to focus on what was here and now again, he took the mug with the hot chocolate and drank a sip, his hands shivering as hell.
"Are... your fries good...?", he asked, his voice trembling, "Even with the ice cream...?"
He really tried to hide he was feeling miserable. But then he placed his hed on her shoulder and tried to breathe steadily.
"I can't keep doing this...", he whispered to the face of another villain, who was only in his head, "I have to do something about it..."
He was talking about his nightly panic attacks, his paranoia, his anxiety... He needed to do something about it. Something, anything. Therapy? He couldn't trust a therapist... his thoughts were running in circles. He tried to relax and slowly drank his cacao.
"Laura...", Tony murmured, looking at Pepper, just hoping she wouldn't be jealous, "Laura is a friend, Pep. She's a friend... and I want you to meet her... Soon. She helped me a lot when I didn't know where to go and you were... gone..."

Clint went back home. He had decided to look for Natasha when the sun was back. She would survive one night outside and maybe even come to her mind and head back for the house to sleep... or to kill the witnesses.
"I can't find her....", Clint sighed and entered the house, looking frustrated and worried at the same time. Cooper raised his head and looked up at his Dad.
"Where is Natasha...?", the boy asked, his face was pale all of sudden.
"Heeey champ, why are you up? Didn't you sleep well?", Clint asked his son softly.
"Dad, is Nat okay?", Cooper shouted, tears running down his cheeks like little rivers.
Clint looked down at him, didn't know what to say. Instead he took him into his arms and blinked a few times, close to tears himself. He should be out there, looking for her. He shouldn't sit there, doing nothing...
"She's gonna be okay, Cooper. Come on now... let's go to bed...."
He wasn't sure himself and it showed on his face. But he still managed to convince his son and make him go back to bed. When he came downstairs again, he looked even more worried.
"What about Wanda? Has she turned up already?", he asked quietly.

Pietro sat in the hay and waited for his sister to come back.
A child named after me... that can't be true...
That must be a trick, something like a joke and I'm falling for it...

He made himself comfortable and snuggled into the hay. It was warm and comfortable, not like where had slept before. So he fell asleep pretty fast. He didn't dream anything, it was just a long and deep sleep, relaxing and resting.

Fury made the car stop about an inch in front of Natasha's paralyzed body. He cursed and threw the door open.
"Romanoff! What the hell?! Are you working on your suicide?"
Bucky looked at the woman and stopped shivering. He kicked his door open and jumped out of the car. But instead of running away, like everything inside him told him, he went toward her and hugged her tightly. His face cleared and he looked at Steve with a very serious expression in his glance.
"I...", he started, but didn't finish. He looked down at Natasha and hugged her more tightly.
"Я помню ты.... (I remember you...)", he whispered into Natasha's ear and pressed her against his warm body to calm her down. At this moment, he was himself again. But how would he explain that to Steve? He was in love with his girlfriend.

"There was ice cream inside. Probably isn't hot anymore...", she stated as he took some sips from the hot chocolate. Pepper recognized his trembling voice and shaking hands but she was unsure if he wanted her to comment. Especially as he was obviously trying to draw the conversation away from it. Pepper dipped one fry into the ice cream like it was ketchup and offered it to him. "Wanna try? It's delicious.", she told him with a grin and pressed a kiss to his hair.
Once again he mentioned the name of that woman and Pepper pursed her lips. She didn't say anything but it felt like they were back to her being his Personal Assistant and general girl for everything including accompanying his one night stands to the front door. "You wouldn't have talked to me anyways...", she muttered under her breath as he told her that he turned to his friend when she wasn't around. Pepper had learned the hard way only hours ago that he hadn't trusted her completely. Why else would he go to meet and talk to a stranger or friend. "If I must.", she simply stated as Tony told her that she should meet this Laura.

Laura looked up as Clint came in announcing that he wasn't able to find Natasha. She quietly shook her head, trying to tell him that he shouldn't continue. But it was too late, Cooper had obviously already caught up with what was going on. "Hey... It's alright. Everything's alright. Dad's still here; see.", she tried to coo him and gently rocked him back and forth. Laura watched them leave to bring Cooper back to bed and sighed. She rose to her feet and ran a hand through his hair.
Once Clint came back downstairs, she walked over to him seeing his worry. She gave him the same warm hug, she had given Tony and Cooper earlier the day. "Everything's gonna be fine, alright? Natasha's gonna return sooner or later and you will be able to help her.", she told him sounding sure and added "She has gone through a lot worse in her life. So she's simply confused. Whatever the girl has done to her will wear off eventually. You'll have your work wife back eventually."

Just as she finished her little encouragement, Wanda stepped inside. The young woman seemed sensitive ready to leave with the slightest bit of threat. She saw the couple and was about to turn away again. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to intrude.", she stated and continued "He just mentioned I could have waffles...and ice cream.", she stated but shook her head knowing how ridiculous it sounded. "I will be gone by tomorrow.", she told the married couple and turned to leave for good. Pietro would just need to survive without waffles and ice cream. Perhaps she would be able to steal some from a shop in a nearby town or something to make it up to him.
Laura moved away from Clint and over to the girl. "No please, stay. We can get a bad ready while you wait for the waffles.", she shot Clint a short annoyed gaze. She didn't want to make waffles in the middle of the night but both of them knew she would end up doing it anyways. "What kind of ice cream do you want? We have strawberry, vanilla and chocolate.", Laura spoke and gestured towards the kitchen. She had something motherly on her that simply made people stay. "Have a seat, please. You look freezing, are you cold?", she asked and went to get a blanket for her.
"I am fine.", she spoke and continued, knowing Pietro would want chocolate. "Chocolate would be nice and...and would it be possible to get a second plate with vanilla ice cream and waffles.", Wanda asked carefully watching both Clint and his wife.
"Of course, dear."
, Laura answered and shot a glance towards Clint silently asking him who else was in their barn. She handed Wanda the blanket and busied herself in the kitchen to bake the waffles. "Not to be impolite but I intend to eat and sleep in the barn.", Wanda spoke firmly making sure that it sounded like that point was not negotiable. "Then at least take two blankets and pillows with you, darling. The barn tends to get cold in the night. We don't want...you...to freeze." Wanda nodded and was surprised over how genuinely nice Laura seemed.

Natasha watched the car coming nearer and prepped herself for the impact the crash would have on her body. But it never came. Instead the driver's door flew open and revealed the director of SHIELD. Natasha was about to sprint towards him to take the most immediate threat out but a second door flew open and the Winter Soldier left the car rushing towards her. "James...", she breathed out and again it had a paralyzing effect on her body. He enveloped her into a tight hug. He told her that he knew her and the statement confused her but also seemed to pull her mind into the present with other more recent memories filling her mind. "Я искал тебя. Я прошу прощения. Я снова провалил миссию. Я не мог ... убить свидетелей, и я не знаю, где наше место ... Я снова подвел тебя. (I was looking for you. I am sorry. I failed the mission again. I couldn't...kill the witnesses and I don't know where our venue is... I failed you again.)", it came out between racked breaths as she wrapped her arms around him as well.
Her mind focused on how he had almost killed her when she tried to protect the scientist, Washington DC, the UN... That was when her knee went up colliding harmful with his groin and an instant punch to his jaw. She looked at him than at the other passengers of the car. "изменник (Traitor.)", she spat out hateful and continued "You fraternized with the enemy! Они убьют тебя за это. (They will kill you for that.)" Her hands went up to her head again as it showed her missions and friendly banters with both Nick Fury and Steve Rogers. Natasha couldn't kill this man even if she wanted to. She wasn't able to.... She failed again and she knew that. Her hands went up to hold her head in a protective manner.

Steve got out of the car instantly as Bucky got out to rush for Natasha. He was about to tell him to stop but instead he went to hug her. Rogers frowned and gave him a confused look as he watched his best friend hug Natasha. "What the heck?", he asked and glanced confused at the two. "You know each other?", he asked and also frowned over her sudden strange behavior. Steve only knew Natasha calm and collected. This version of her was confusing him greatly but he already walked over to his best friend to help him against the violent redhead. He was even more surprised as she stated that Bucky had befriended the enemy. Why was Fury and him the enemy?

Last edited:
Pepper was jealous, sure she was. But how could he explain it? Her looks were so judging, so hurt. He tried it with a soft kiss, but that didn't really help. Besides that, his mouth tasted like salt and ice cream now. He had never been picky with flavor, but that was too much. He tried hard not to show his obvious disgust.
"Laura's married, Pep. You don't have to..."
Oh no. That look was even worse. Why did Pepper always think that he hadn't changed since they met? Wasn't it obvious that he had? That he loved her? He had never even thought of cheating since he had her. And in fact, those... flirts and one night stands... they had never meant anything to him. Pepper had been there and Pepper had made him feel comfortable. And even after everyone had left, she had still cared about him. She had been his stable point for ages. So he needed to explain that there was nothing between him and Clint's wife... oh how that even sounded.

Clint welcomed Wanda with a warm smile. When she asked for another plate of waffles and chocolate ice cream, he knew there was something wrong. There was another person in the barn. Maybe it was another talent she had found on her escape. It wasn't that improbable, since they had been locked up somewhere around the SHIELD area to- officially- train them to become better citizens and deal with their powers and to- actually- test their powers and find the origin.
He slightly shook his head as an answer to Laura's silent question. No, he didn't know. He didn't even have an idea. But what worried the archer even more, was the fact that Natasha was still out there, in an unstable state of mind, which could cost their all lives. So when Wanda sat down at the table, he went upstairs to watch the surrounding. He couldn't help but feel threatened by the former assassin. What if she blew them up? Though he trusted her, he knew that she wasn't herself at the moment. And if he had done what Loki had demanded....

Fury stood there, watching the two former assassins unite. A grin appeared on his face, the only sign for the twisted irony of how they met again.
"Get in the car", he simply demanded and looked around. They were quite in a hurry. Even though the car wasn't trackable, they were still on the main road.
"Романоф, идти! (Romanoff, hurry!)"
Bucky understood that they were in danger. He was clear again and Natasha seemed to believe that she was still on the other side of the battle. So he just grabbed her on the arm, dragged her into the car and held her hands behind her back.
"Steve, what's wrong with her?", he asked, smirking, "Did you sleep with another?"
Fury made an undefinable noise and chuckled on the inside, shaking his head. Did he really believe that Rogers and Romanoff...? Well, it seemed like.
"So, back to your relationship troubles", the black man continued talking, while they were driving ahead, Bucky holding Natasha and whispering calming words in Russian and Nick trying to make Steve see that both of them, Tony and Steve, had been wrong and they needed to make up. It almost seemed like he knew...

"Don't tell me what to do...", she muttered and ate some more fries. She was thinking about how to handle this situation. Most likely under usual circumstances, Pepper wouldn't even be bothered of him and that Laura. But she didn't like the fact that apparently that stranger knew more about her fiancé than she did. At the thought of fiancé, a smile spread over her lips and she turned to Tony. Still knowing that she had trusted that woman more than her stung. Why was she better in helping him relax than she was. "Is your hot chocolate at least tasty?", she asked eventually and pouted a little. Still she moved closer to him and wrapped his arm around her body. Pepper ate some more fries and suddenly she stirred. It was like in a matter of seconds her face turned pale and she placed the plate on the table before hurrying to the bathroom without another word.
Pepper didn't mean to leave him alone but suddenly the urge to vomit had taken over. She slumped down on the bathroom floor once her late night snack was out of her stomach again and she flushed everything out.

Laura finished everything and brought things to Wanda. "Take care, darling. Oh and if you feel hungry tomorrow morning just feel free to join us at breakfast.", she told her and watched Wanda leave with the pillows and blanket levitating in the air. The young woman walked towards the barn and Laura closed the door again. Afterwards she went to look for her husband. "Is it that bad...?", she asked him regarding Natasha and wrapped her arms around him. "I haven't seen you like this in quite a while...", she mumbled and pressed a kiss to his back.

Wanda walked to the barn and disappeared inside. She walked over to where she had left Pietro. "Where are you idiot? Dinner's ready.", she told him and continued "This was so awkward. I had no real explanation why I needed two plates..." She blinked as she saw him sleeping already and crinkled her mouth she made both plates float as well and wrapped a blanket around her sleeping brother. "Good night, Pietro..."

Natasha stared at James as he grabbed her arm and maneuvered her inside the car. After a minute or two she seemed to relax a little and naturally seek Bucky's proximity. She moved closer and listened to his Russian calming words. "Зачем вы им помогаете? (Why are you helping them?)", she eventually asked and looked at him trying to figure out what was going on. "Они враги, Джеймс. Враг. (They're the enemy, James. The enemy.)", she tried to make him remember what counted and continued "Вам нужно помнить, что важно для миссии. (You need to remember what's important for the mission.) You need to survive"

Steve looked confused over Bucky's implications. "What do you mean?", he asked and added "Sleeping with another what?" To him the mere thought that Bucky thought he and Natasha had fondue'd seemed ridiculous. They were friends and somehow his best friend knew the SHIELD agent. "Where do you know her from?", he asked again surprised how easy it had been for Romanoff to pull Bucky out of the earlier mindset. Even though she hadn't really talked to him but only gave him a punch.
He gave Fury annoyed glances as he went on about how it had been both his and Stark's fault. "I gave him a peace offer. It's up to Stark whether he wants it or not. So don't talk my ear off about it. It's not like you have any say in this. You weren't part of it and just watched from the side line. You could've done something about the registration Act, Fury!"

"Pepper, I'm sorry. I just needed someone to talk to and... you were somewhere around the world, telling me you needed a break and that all... i just wanted some hospitality...", Tony tried to justify unnecessarily. He didn't want to see Pepper that way. Not now, that they were about to get married and she was pregnant. Maybe it was because she was pregnant? He would have to plan a night shift and let FRIDAY tell him everything about babies and pregnant women she could find on the internet. But now he just sat next to his fiancé and sipped his cacao.
"It's amazing", he smiled, when she asked him about it. And he meant it. No one could make it better than Pepper. And no one would calm him the way Pepper did. If she tried and didn't send him away. She wrapped his arm around her and Tony kissed her cheek.
"You know what? If that's what happens now if I have a bad dream, I guess I'll have one more often", he smirked and winked his eyes the way he only did when he was in a good mood. The pictures were gone and he was relaxed once more. Just as he went to lean against Pepper's shoulders, she jumped up and disappeared into the bathroom.
"Pep...?", he asked, worried as he heard her throw up, "Are you...?"
He appeared behind her, holding a glass of water.
"Halfway okay...?"
When he saw how done she was, he simply picked her up and carried her into the bed. He lay down next to her and stroked her belly carefully.
"Don't be so mean...", he whispered, "Your Mommy liked those fries..."

Clint stared out the window, halfway waiting for a bomb or a bullet to hit him. He relaxed a little when Laura came in and hugged him.
Was it bad? He didn't know for sure... but he did know that that woman he had gotten to know so well the last years, still was one of the most dangerous assassins he knew. And he knew a lot. Having her turned against them was a nightmare. Especially because he had a family to protect. They couldn't just leave the house...
"She's... danger...", he said, carefully choosing his words so he wouldn't worry his wife too much, "to everyone who passes her, to every car she tries to steal or to anyone whe could get her away from here. No witnesses, remember? She used to be that kind of agent."
He turned around and kissed her, not wanting to worry about what happened next. No witnesses... it echoed in his head as he looked out the window again.
Please, to every spark of Natasha still left in there, he prayed, Don't come back for me and my family...
He hugged Laura tightly and sighed.
"I'll stay up a while longer... the view is so calming...", he lied, watching the surrounding for any possible dangers, like Natasha with any kind of tool in her hand. And it was only a stone, she could turn it into a deadly weapon.

Pietro slept like a little child. He didn't worry about a thing and not even his sister snuggling up next to him made him wake up. He hadn't slept that comfortably in ages. But when there suddenly was a noise of people passing, trying to sneak by, he listened up and raised his head. He braced himself for taking his sister and running as fast as he could.

The taxi stopped a few miles northwest of the farm. Fury didn't want to risk anything, so he hadn't taken the direct route. He would drive on and get rid of the taxi as fast as possible. Natasha and Bucky were holding onto each other, while he tried to explain- in Russian- why this wasn't a mission and why she hadn't failed. It was painful for him, seeing her struggle with exactly the same mindset that took him over from time to time. She had been the stable one, the strong one. She had been able to fight their orders, had shown him the reason why he had been still doing this. It had been a simple answer: To stay alive. She did everything to survive. And so had he. But those times were over and that was exactly what he was trying to fight. That unspecified fear of everything and the big nothing that filled his head. They were all one.
Natasha knew the way, so he didn't ask any questions. He just followed her back to somewhere... that looked like a farm. And when Bucky smelt the hay and the animals, he looked at Natasha and hoped she wouldn't do it... An incomplete mission, one of her first ones. She hadn't killed the children. She had let them go... It had been a terrible mistake and she had tried to justify... It had ended in pain.
"Don't...", he whispered and pressed Natasha against him to protect her from herself, "Не дела...(Don't do it)"

Suddenly Pepper seemed to look guilty as he mentioned how she had marched straight out of his life. It had been hard for her as well. But she had been kidnapped, experimented on, fell to death to only raise again like a phoenix to kill Killian. She had started to understand why the suits were important to Tony. But Ultron...Ultron had been too much. If she had been in New York at that time, she had called Tony out on his bullshit. But Pepper had been in China for some business negotiation for Stark Industries and after seeing all of this destruction she had called it quits. Seeking her own heath and safety over being with the one she loved. That was until he had called her in the middle of the night. Tony had sounded miserable and she had agreed to go and meet him to prevent worse things to happen. But eventually her heart had won over her head and they had gotten back together. "Just...Just tell me the next time you don't feel well. No late night drinks or Lauras....", she mumbled and snuggled herself closer as he kissed her cheek.
He mentioned that her cacao was amazing and a smile spread over her lips. "1-0 for Pepper.", she muttered and kissed him with a grin.

"I'm fine...", she muttered breathless as he suddenly stood behind her. To stress what she had said, Pepper tried to get up and brush her teeth. Yet Tony was faster and swooped her off her feet to carry her into their bedroom. "I love you, Tony.", she mumbled weak and wrapped her arms around his neck. She grinned as he placed his hand on her stomach and whispered to the small thing inside there. That was the moment she knew for sure that he would be better than Howard Stark. Tony seemed to be so much gentler and loving than his father. Pepper placed her hand on top of Tony's and intertwined their finger. "You're gonna be an amazing dad, I know that.", she whispered and looked him in the eyes.

Laura always knew when her husband kept things for himself or lied. So she also knew this time. He tried to play it down and she knew that. This wasn't Aunt Nat out there. It was the Black Widow and that woman was better not underestimated. "You will need to keep her on arm's length, Clint.", she whispered and kissed his cheek "I know she's your best friend. But at one point you might need to decide on who to protect." She enjoyed his hug a little longer before he announced that he would stay up a little longer to watch the view.
"I'm going to stay here with you.", Laura announced and continued "Through good and bad, remember? Till death does us apart." The brunette looked at Clint in a way that simply told him she wouldn't take a 'no' or 'go to bed. Don't worry' as answer. Instead she simply stood next to her husband quiet, spending him company.

Wanda curled up next to her brother on the hay. She had placed the plates somewhere safe after she had eaten her own one. It was the first time in forever she had actually tasted something tasty and that she felt stuffed in the end. With a full stomach, she seemed to drift off into sleep instantly. Scarlett Witch didn't even wake up as Pietro stirred as she usually did. But the blanket, pillow and comfort of the hay seemed to give her a false sense of security.

"Where are we?", Steve wanted to know once Fury stopped. He looked at the director of SHIELD but his focus soon switched to the assassin. Natasha seemed to get even more shaken as they moved forward towards god knows where. It was only when he saw the building, he knew they were at Clint's. "What are we doing here? You said you would bring us somewhere safe!", he asked with a frown and continued "I'm sure Barton and his wife have other things to do than to take us in."
Natasha stared at the farm. The urge to continue walking and simply eliminate the constant threat of leaving witnesses alive was growing and making her impatient. Her gaze tactically scanned the open field and she tried to plan her way in to kill them all. It was her job. Of course she was trained to seduce men and to stop them but she didn't hesitate killing children anymore. Not after they had tortured her for leaving the children alive at one of her first missions as a Black Widow. She had been called a monster for killing someone so innocent before. But still it didn't bother her. Her muscles tensed up like she was almost ready for the sprint towards the entrance door. That was when the Winter Soldier pulled her against his chest to stop her. "Why?", she asked almost breathless her deadly gaze still fixed on her target and continued "Периметры свободны. Я был бы в и прежде чем кто-либо знал. Легкая цель. Что мне не хватает, солдат? (The perimeters are clear. I would be in and out before anyone knew. An easy target. What am I missing, Soldier?)" Her gaze finally tore away and she looked at him for answers. That moment was when her body seemed to finally relax and she simply stared at him. But again her mind was flooded with pictures but this time it was the Barton kids. Little Lila Barton hiding underneath Natasha's blanket from her father so she wouldn't need to do things. Her showing Cooper how to pick locks and little Nathaniel... The urging thoughts seemed to slowly die away and she went to hug him. "James...", she whispered into his ear "мой (my) James." But also bad consciousness was left. She had almost...almost killed the only family she ever had.

The next day when Pepper woke up, Tony was up already and the whole room was filled with the scent of ham and eggs. It was a sunny day and when FRIDAY noticed that Pepper was awake, she let the sun shine through the window, right into the woman's face.
'Congratulations, Pepper', she said, her voice almost sounded human, 'When shall I plan the wedding?'
"Cut it out, Fry, we're just getting used to the baby- fact", Tony said in the kitchen. He sounded very... relaxed. Almost like he had been before Afghanistan. A little too happy, maybe.
"Are you awake, Pep? Hope you're hungry!", his voice was heard again, "We made ham, eggs, toast and coffee!"
It was quiet for a while. Then Tony came into the bedroom, only wearing boxershorts. His hair was wet and he smelt like aftershave all over, so he had obviously taken a shower not long ago.
"Dum- e burned the toast, though. I'm sorry..." He shrugged and smiled. "But I made a better one. Don't worry."
He leaned against the doorcase, smiling at her just like the sun did from outside.
"And it's a beautiful day today. Sunny and warm. You've always wanted to make a trip to the countryside. So here we go. I have plans..."
He watched her as she got up. Those six hours of uninterrupted sleep had made a huge difference on Tony's mood.
"We're taking a trip to somewhere. And I'll show you a really great family."

But that great family had feared for their lives the night before...
Clint saw the figures close to the woods before a normal human being had even noticed any move there. He made a focused face and tried to make out the shape of a gun, a weapon...? But it was just Natasha. And... Bucky? And Steve?
"What the heck....?", he murmured and instinctively reached for an arrow on his back... but there was nothing. Clint stopped in the middle of the movement, knowing that he had revealed the danger to Laura now.
But what was Steve doing there? Was he trying to stop Bucky? Or maybe they weren't here to hurt them and just looked for a hideout? And what would happen if Wanda met Steve? Anyways, it wasn't anything good. Or was it? He wasn't so sure...
and... there was another figure standing in the moonlight. But was he hallucinating? Because when he looked again, that man with the silver hair was gone. Imagination? Or just another Coulson- trick?

Pietro was right behind the small group of people, listening to their conversations.
Steve asked what they were doing at Clint's. Natasha shouldn't do something and that other man befriended the enemy? That was the strangest thing he had ever seen. Them fighting over casualties seemed odd. They had seemed like the perfect team back then, like they could rely on each other. Now that magic seemed gone. He sighed soundlessly. They didn't see him, but suddenly he noticed the archer. Clint was standing at the window, looking... at him? In one second Pietro was gone. Had he seen him...? He didn't think so, but maybe... who knew?
Wanda!!!
He threw thoughts at his sister, hoping she would wake up from that. They had to go. The redhead was back, and so was Captain America and another dangerous looking man. They had come to get them....

Bucky turned around and looked where Pietro had just been standing. He had seen something! He was so sure! But maybe it was An echo of memories? Seeing people who weren't there? He still was holding onto Natasha, now because he wasn't sure what else to do. He was scared it was all a trick. That Fury had brought them here to hand him over to his agents. And since Clint Barton had fought for the other side... Who could tell for sure?
He pulled out the gun he had hidden in his pocket when Steve had told him to put it away. Now they might need it...
A thousands of scenarios flashed through his head, making it hard to focus. His healthy arm grabbed Natasha's hand, just to have anything to hold on. He shivered and was nervous, but the touch of her hand calmed him down. It was almost like she was his security. The safety catch when he was about to snap. And Steve was right behind him, seeing what he did. But why did she let this happen, if they were a couple? IF they even were....

The sun shone on Pepper's face just as she opened her eyes. "Oh goodness...", she groaned and placed her arm over her eyes in order to protect her eyes from the brightness. It was only until Friday spoke that Pepper finally removed her arm and sat up. "What..? Oh thanks, Friday.", she said a little sleepy. Pepper wasn't used to sleep long and not waking up to her alarm clock. So this was nice having a lazy day in what felt like forever.
"Morning, Tony...", she mumbled as he called for her. He seemed so much more lifelike and happy than she had seen him in forever. It was almost enough to drop her mood. Unlike what many people thought of her, she wasn't a morning person at all. Pepper needed at least two cups of coffee to be approachable in the morning. Yet she knew that she needed to cut down her coffee consume. Caffein wasn't good for the baby after all. "I can't drink coffee...", she mumbled but walked over to Tony. He continued about going to the countryside. That sparked her interest and a smile appeared on her lips. The prospect of meeting a family came in second. She only wanted to spend the day with Tony. "Morning to you, too.", she said walking over to him to give him a proper good morning. She kissed his lips with a smile.
"How did the meeting with the Chinese officials go by the way..?", she looked him up and down raising her eyebrow as he seemed to just have gotten out of the shower "Please tell me you went there. It took me ages to finally settle an appointment and it would be really rude not to show up."

"Go to bed, Pietro... Or eat your waffles. But leave me alone just because you're bored", she mumbled half asleep sending him the thoughts as well. She turned to her other side and tried shutting her twin brother out. All she wanted to do was continue sleeping. Within seconds she seemed to go back to sleep. It was almost like this was the first time in a very long time that she was able to relax and least act like things were alright again.

Laura watched her husband and how he suddenly tensed. She looked out of the window and her gaze needed a moment to fix on what Clint had seen. Without saying another word she walked downstairs and out to the grass outside. She knew it was a stupid idea to do but she wanted to save her family from whatever lied ahead of them. She knew only from how Clint behaved once he spotted someone and the way he had tried not to say too much that this was more dangerous than he had led on from the beginning. She walked over to Fury, Rogers and Natasha. Her gaze stopped at Barnes though. She knew him from the news but hadn't met him so far. "No-one enters my home with guns or any kind of weapons. You will have to drop them here or else you can leave right away.", she spoke seriously and crossed her arms in front of her chest "That also counts for you Nicholas."

"Put the gun away, Buck.", Steve spoke seriously as Bucky reached for it. He didn't seem happy at all that his best friend pulled the weapon. He reached for it unsure of Buck would react to that. "Things are fine but we're guests here. So greeting the host with a gun doesn't seem too nice, does it?", he tried to explain but in truth he was scared Bucky would snap and leave a blood bath behind. Natasha didn't seem stable as well and he knew that no-one was actually able to stop the two if they snapped for good. Barton's wife approached them and he looked towards the window where he had spotted Clint earlier. "Of course, ma'am.", Steve spoke friendly and polite trying to get Bucky to agree with them.

Natasha's cold glance was set on Laura. It would be so easy. The woman obviously didn't know how to fight and it was only a matter of seconds that she would be able to break her neck. Yet the voice of reason seemed to grow louder in her mind. James's hand reached for her and she seemed to slowly but surely snap out of the mindset of the Widow. The redhead looked at her friend than the Winter Soldier and the people surrounding her. She was able to feel James's shaking hand and she held his tighter to make him relax. But at the same time she was ready to wrap her thighs around his neck to give Laura as much time as possible to run. She didn't owe this man anything anymore. He had...He had proved that she meant nothing to him anymore. "Put the gun down, now.", she spoke loud enough for him to hear it and to know that she meant it. Unlike Rogers, she had proved to fight him no matter what the outcome was. It was hard enough to keep her mind from intruding the Barton farm. But it became easier if she looked at the Winter Soldier and she could see him as target in case something snapped.

"Meeting...? Wait, was I supposed to be somewhere?"
Tony sounded so shocked from one moment to the other, it almost destroyed the light mood that had just settled between them.
"I thought you'd be... uh, happy that I made breakfast...."
He turned around and hid his face from her, as he slowy but unstoppably started to laugh.
"Pepper... I... Damn."
He couldn't contain himself anymore. Tony went back to the kitchen, where Pepper could hear him laugh loudly. After about three minutes he came back, waving a piece of paper through the air.
"The rice people love me", he grinned and winked at her, "They signed a partnership for the next five years, they were so impressed by what I showed them. And I invited them to our next expo in three years. They'll come with pleasure."
Knowing that he had done more than well, Tony handed Pepper the contact and then dropped onto the bed, leaving a wet spot where his hair touched the sheets.
So we can fly to LA or drive to the sea or... I don't know, do anything. But first I wanna have lunch with my friends. And I want you to get to know them, all of them. They're my family... Apart from you."

Laura saw them and just went downstairs. She didn't know what she was doing, she didn't know how dangerous that situation was. Especially when Bucky was present...
He didn't think about it very long, he grabbed his bow and opened the window, aiming at the small group, giving his wife cover in case something went wrong. The first time in his whole life he was scared, seriously scared for her life.

Pietro threw his hands in the air.
"Dammit, Wanda!"
In plain panic he just grabbed his sister and shook her as hard as he could, sending her pictures of what he had just seen outside. That man, Steve, the agent and Nick Fury.
We have to go! We have to leave!!
He ran outside again, checking where they were going. And they went exactly towards them. Panic flooded Pietro's mind, when he saw them approaching the barn. As fast as he could without drawing attention, he ran back and grabbed Wanda, the blankets and stuffed the waffles in his mouth. They were leaving. Now. And nothing could keep them here. He ran off, his shoes leaving a little rubber behind. The woods were a good hideout, so he just stayed behind a tree, far away from the farm. He put Wanda down and wrapped her in a blanket. Then he sat there, waiting for her to wake up again. Two hours of sleep had been more than enough gor his body.

Bucky was confused. Everyone told him to put the gun down... but he wasn't aiming at that woman. There was something wrong, terribly wrong. Someone was watching them, he was sure. And then that someone passed by, or at least it felt like, as suddenly a breeze next to him made his hair move. He looked at Natasha. Had she felt that too? Or was it just his mind going wild? No, he was way too sure for that.
But Natalia, his Natalia... she told him to put the gun down. And he did so. Until he saw Clint aiming at them with his bow. He jumped forward and grabbed Laura, using her as a human shield. When she tried to fight him, he just squeezed tighter.
She screamed, but Bucky only felt Natasha's hand, that didn't let go of his.

"Tony, don't tell me...", her face fell as he asked if he had been supposed to be somewhere. "I knew I should've gotten up...", she muttered under her breath and crinkled her mouth. This was a disaster. Ever since what had happened in Monaco she tried to leave him out of the business meetings as much as possible. It was her company, now, and he had proven not be responsible enough for that.
Then he started laughing uncontrollably and she just looked after him confused. He came back with the contract and she stared at it than him. "Gosh you are going to give me a heart attack one day, Tony!", she exclaimed taking the pieces of paper from him checking if it indeed had a signature in the end. "But gotta admit you did great. Thank you.", she spoke and smiled at him as he went to lie down on the bed. She took a seat next to him and placed her breakfast plate on his stomach. "Don't move you're my table now.", she exclaimed placing the contract on the bedside table. Afterwards she started eating the breakfast and he exclaimed what they would be able to do now. It was cute, he genuinely looked like a little child on Christmas to her. "Well, I guess visiting them in that case... But no flying. I'm not allowed to fly until the beginning of the second trimester. It might damage the baby or start a miscarriage according to the internet.", she told him and started eating.

Wanda opened her eyes as her brother shook her hard. "You're giving me a headache. Not all of us are used to extreme speeds.", she complained and looked at him a little disorientated. "What...? Why are they here?", she asked but before she knew what was happening he had transported her outside and wrapped her into a blanket. "Pietro... Pietro. Look at me. Calm down.", she told him trying to get out of the blanket to walk over to him and calm him down properly.

Laura seemed to relax visibly as Bucky finally put down the gun. She was about to invite them inside to get something to drink but Bucky grabbed her and she screamed. She tried to fight the man, kicking and screaming but it had no use. His grasp only got tighter and it was slowly hard for her to breathe.

Natasha felt something move. It was like a breeze of wind and she looked confused checking her perimeter. It was a normal reflex to her. But then James jumped forward grabbing the woman. Not any woman but Laura. That was what called her cold mindset in. She jumped forward kicking her foot into the pit of his knee. So he was forced to go over on his ankle. She used the loosened foot step to kick Laura away so she landed on the floor away from him, which gave her enough time to try and get his gun into her hands so she was armed and able to aim it at both James Barnes and Fury. "Leave her alone, James. She's a civilian. None of our business.", she told him her voice was pressed and continued "Either I or Barton up there will kill you, if you don't stop it and leave her alone. You cannot take both of us down. I'm sure you have spotted Barton by now. He's the best marksman I know. Even better than you are. So do you really wanna see if he misses."

"Bucky, no!", Steve called out watching him take Laura as a hostage. This wasn't going very well at all. He knew coming here had been a bad idea but even he hadn't thought it would be as bad as this outcome. What had sparked this outcome. Natasha's words made him look at the farm and he spotted Clint. Surely he had simply meant to protect his wife but Bucky was so unstable. "Please, let it be... We're leaving again, if you don't like it here. And Tasha stop threatening him!"

Fury was the first one to raise his hands and try to calm the situation.
"We're not here to fight, Romanoff... Barnes." He looked at Bucky with a warning glance, then nodded at Natasha with an accepting look. "I know you're calling this survival, but he up there is protecting his wife. So let her go back and he's gone, too. Get that?"
The director slowly moved toward Laura and helped her up.
"You good, Mrs? Haven't seen you in a while."
He put her back on her feet and pushed her toward the house.
"Run!", he ordered loudly. He knew that was the only words her shocked mind could process right now. And Clint was standing in the doorway already, still aiming his bow at Bucky.
The former soldier himself listened to his words and didn't move. Why was Natalia aiming at him? He had tried to distract the archer up on the roof. He had never meant to hurt anyone. Dammit, he had tried to survive!
"Talja...."
Fury raised an eyebrow, when he called Romanoff her Russian nickname.
"I'm not trying to hurt anyone.... he was aiming at me!", Bucky explained, frustrated, "Steve! Tell her to put the gun down!"

Bucky was... Bucky again. He thought like Bucky, acted like Bucky... just his metal arm was a little off. Natasha's cold eyes made that man feel a little insecure. What had he done to her? What was her problem?He raised his hands with a guilty glance and shrugged.
"I'm sorry?", he murmured, as if he had just cheated on Natasha and she was angry with him.

Fury watched that scenery for a while, then he turned to go. Since everyone was focused on Bucky, it was easy to leave. He wasn't needed here anymore. And he had to collect a few agents, including his least favorite spy Grant Ward and tell them they were nothing but idiots because they hadn't found them. It was necessary and Coulson understood that. They had to get the Avengers back together. That's why they had planned the reunion. And that's why they had to convince Stark to visit Barton again.

Meanwhile, Pietro paced around- quite literally, as Wanda could only see him when he stopped to turn around. She could almost feel the adrenaline rushing through his head, making all his thoughts just one big question. Were they safe?
He didn't know the answer and that was what made him run in a circle, make the trees bend like a storm. He wouldn't go back into that small box, where they activated his brain and made his desire to move even stronger. He wouldn't go back there, into that small room where they had locked him up for ages, for felt centuries. He had tried to break the walls, running against them nearly as desperately as a locked up tiger, banging his head against the wall. He had had broken arms and fingers, once even a broken skull. But they had fixed him up again, put him back in there and continued experimenting. He would NEVER EVER go back in there. NEVER!

Laura stared at Fury as he helped her up. She glanced at Bucky and Natasha unsure what to do or say. The only thing that her mind screamed at her was to run. So she did back into the house to her husband. Normally she would be the one to tell her husband to lower his bow and arrow. Not this time though as she was shaking and adrenaline was running through her veins.

Wanda watched her brother appear and disappear. "Pietro... Pietro!", she called out hoping to slow him down enough so she was able to hug him. But nothing helped he seemed to be even more fidgety than ever. So it was the first time she tried using her own talent on him. She produced a movable wall in front of him so he would need to slow down in order to walk. Wanda was more than aware that this would freak him out even more. So once he was slow enough for her to grab him and wrap her arms around him she did. Instantly the wall disappeared and she whispered "I'm here. No-one's gonna take you away as long as I'm here. You hear me?"

Natasha looked at him cold almost like he was her mission now. Back in Odessa she had tried pulling the trigger. But ever since he had shot her twice by now, she was capable of doing. Everything to stop him and safe that family inside the farm. Perhaps she would finally be even with Clint and what he had done for her.
"Tasha, put the gun down. You heard him... Everything's fine again.", Steve chimed in and was about to reach for the gun. "Go away, Rogers.", she said and quickly aimed it Steve. She shook her head a little like she was trying to get memories away or disagreeing with something she had thought. Natasha watched the two as she heard Fury's steps walking away. Part of her relaxed that meant things were going alright.
"Put it down!", Steve said this time it sounded more like an order and it earned him the same cold stare Bucky had received moments ago. "I'm not your puppet to use, Rogers. So leave me alone!", she said but lowered the gun anyways. But whoever watched her closely would notice that she didn't put the safety back on. Instead she was ready to aim and shoot any given moment.

Eventually Natasha turned to James again and she looked him up and down. He looked like the shadow of the man she knew. Someone she would have despised years ago. Yet she knew too well what they were possible of doing. Messing with one's brain until you never thought about questioning your own memories. "My name is Natasha. Natalia's dead and she better stays that way.", she eventually told him and tilted her head to the side "You are not coping really well since we saw each other at the UN. But seems like you finally remember me, huh?"

Clint took Laura into his arms, closed the door behind them and pulled her away from the dangerous zones. His eyes were filled with tears as he put a blanket around her and just pressed her against his body. He didn't say anything, he just stood there and held her in his arms, so happy that nothing had happened to her. His hands shivered and he was still not over the fact that someone had threatened Laura. After all he had done to protect her and leave her out of that life he lead, one of his friends had brought the danger right along, to his house.
"You're so stupid, Laura....", he whispered, trying to sound less scared than he actually was, "You can't just run out there and tell them what to do... you have to check all your options first. And always have a gun on you... always..."
He kissed her forehead and buried his face inside her hair.
"Don't ever do that again... don't ever get yourself in danger like that again...", he repeated her words as he held her shivering body tight. "Laura Barton, please don't ever scare me like that again."

Pietro relaxed when Wanda put her arms around him. He still shivered and the pictures didn't go away... but she was there and she had always been. She would always be. It was calming to know that, but still... where was his freedom? And why did they try to catch him anyway? He wasn't a danger, he just wanted to live his damn life for one friggin time and he wanted to have a life. A life with Wanda, where they could go where they wanted to, buy what they wanted to, be who they wanted to be... a life without being on the run all the time. Maybe having some friends some day.
I'll kill them.
That was a thought that just popped up in his head, but the more he thought about it, the more plausible it became. They had tortured him, they had locked him up, they had been mean and heartless. They had proven their point. Now it was his turn to do so. He would kill all the agents involved in this torture. But first, the man who had given the orders. Nick Fury.

Bucky looked shocked, when Natasha told him that that part of her was long dead. Did that mean the feeling was gone, too? Was she Steve's girlfriend now? He didn't really understand anything that moment. All he understood was that he had threatened a life, again. And that that was something unforgivable. Something he should have avoided with all his might but hadn't been able to prevent. And that... made him take Natasha's hand with the gun and place it on his temple. He just nodded. If that girl he had loved was dead, he didn't want to live either. And like that... he had nearly hurt the mother of children, the wife of a team member. God knows what would have happened if there hadn't been... Natasha. He pressed the gun against his own head and closed his eyes, ready for the shot.
"Do it...", he said, calmly and way too sure, "I know you can do it. Just pull the trigger. As always."
He looked down on the floor, where he saw his dead comerades on the battlefield. It had been bad times... But now he was the danger.

"Clint...", she whispered as he hugged her tight. She was standing there shaking until her arms finally wrapped around him. Laura was way too tense normally she was in Clint's place and for the first time she wasn't. All she had wanted to do was make sure the maniac outside wouldn't hurt her family. After all she was sure that they had come to stay at her home. They always came for a roof over their heads. But this was enough. One deadly assassin that had snapped was enough. "I'm not going to start carrying a gun around. Besides I looked funny. We both know that I wouldn't be able to pull the trigger.", she whispered holding her husband close.
She tried to steady her emotions by taking deep breaths. Tears from the shock were threatening their way out on Clint's shirt. "Don't use my own words on on me, smartass...", she told him with a shaky voice and simply buried her face in her husband's shirt. "You haven't earned yourself the privilege yet.", she complained and laughed shaking "I can get myself into danger far more often until we're even, dear."

Wanda comfortingly stroke the Pietro's back. She saw the pictures rushing through his mind and she hugged him tighter. "It's okay... They're not here to get you.", she promised him and continued "I thought alongside Rogers to get Barnes away from SHIELD. He wouldn't...he wouldn't dare to bring you back, I promise. I won't have it. No-one takes you away from me again." She pressed a kiss to his forehead like she had used to do when the two were still kids. But Wanda hoped that Pietro didn't know that she wasn't too sure over her own statement herself. She had no idea what was going on but she also felt betrayed by Rogers. He had left her behind with Sam and the others at that SHIELD prison.

Steve watched the scene helpless unfold. "What the heck, Bucky?", he called out and looked threatening at Natasha. "You better not dare, Romanoff.", he told Natasha and walked over to snatch the gun out of Natasha's hand. He was about to scream at the both of them for being so stupid but Natasha put the safety on the gun and snatched it out of Bucky's hand as well.
"Я не собираюсь тянуть пугающий курок. Ты сумасшедший, James Barnes. (I'm not going to pull the freaking trigger. You are mad, James Barnes.)", she told him calm and threw the weapon in the grass. She placed both hands on his cheeks and made him look at her. She saw all the guilt that she usually felt when she was around anyone who had proved to be better than her. It was a constant reminder why Natalia Romanova better stayed quiet. She brought nothing else than torture and death. No-one trusted her besides the Winter Soldier.
"Мне жаль, что я оставил тебя с ними, Джеймс. Но мне нужно было уйти, прежде чем Наталия убила еще больше людей. Я видел свой шанс уйти, когда Клинт чуть не убил меня, но не сделал. Поэтому я ушел с ним и никогда не оглядывался назад. Но я многим ему обязан... (I am sorry for leaving you with them, James. But I needed to leave before Natalia killed even more people. I saw my chance in leaving when Clint almost killed me but didn't. So I left with him never looking back again. But I owe him so much...)", she told him and continued "Вот почему я не могу заставить вас убить или даже обидеть его жену. Я бы предал единственного человека, который когда-либо видел во мне больше, чем машину для убийства. Кто-то стоит сэкономить, несмотря на то, что краснеет в книге. (That's why I cannot have you kill or even hurt his wife. I would betray the only person who ever saw more in me than a killing machine. Someone worth saving despite of having red in the ledger.)"
She searched his gaze and this time her own one was more gentle almost sympathetic. Natasha caressed his cheek like she used to do back when they were in Russia. When they had kept things hidden from the government and their handlers.
"Жаль, что я не мог сказать, что это поправляется. Но я все еще вижу лица людей, которых я пытал и убивал. Это напоминает мне, почему ... почему я постоянно должен быть лучше. Оцените каждый шаг, который я делаю, чтобы убедиться, что он правильный. Вы можете сделать это, чтобы сделать этот ад лучшим местом для других людей. (I wish I could tell you it gets better. But I still see the faces of the people I tortured and killed. It reminds me why...why I constantly have to be better. Evaluate every step I take to make sure it's the right one. You can do that as well to make this hell a better place for other people.)", she whispered and pulled him into a short hug before letting go and collecting the gun again.

"What is going on?", Steve demanded to know almost panicky as Natasha grabbed the gun again. "What did you tell him?", he asked to which Natasha answered "Only that no-one's going to die today." "Buck?", he asked him for some help.

Clint just held onto Laura. If that was the way his wife had felt all those years, he would never leave again. He was retired for good.
"You don't have to carry a gun anywhere. Just in situations like that, don't go out there blank", he explained, still worried about her. His wife looked pale, her eyes were full of tears and she shivered. The deep breaths didn't seem to do much except for making her look even more miserable. She was almost like a young agent after their first fight, who would be traumatized for life. He still remembered his first kill... it had been awful. He didn't want that fate for his better half, but what was he supposed to do? Eventually it had to happen. It would have been unrealistic to claim otherwise.
She was acting tough, but he knew her better than that. Still, he had never seen her that... helpless. Vulnerable. She had always been his place to go, the one to calm him down after sleeping troubles or bad dreams. The one to reassure him that he was home and safe, when he had come back from a mission.
Now she needed him to do the same. So he picked her up and placed her on the couch, made her some tea and sat down next to her, pulling her closer.
"Don't smartass me. I'm trying to make you feel the way you make me feel when I come home like that", he simply explained and handed her the cup of tea, "Caution, hot."

It had been only a matter of time when curiosity would send Pietro back to the farm. So if they could trust those men, why didn't they trust each other? And who was that other man Rogers tried to protect all the time? And where had the woman gone now? Was she inside? With Clint? Was that his wife? But then again, why would someone threaten a civilian for nothing? Was she an agent? Maybe working for SHIELD? He saw them move toward the house and frowned. What now? Were they friends or enemies? On the run or attacking? And why did they behave like fighting kids? One aiming a gun at the other, not willing to shoot anyway?
While he was observing, he smelt an amazing smell and followed it. Someone had left some waffles at the kitchen table. And the backdoor was open. This was an invitation! He sprinted inside, grabbed the waffles and then... looked right into Clint's face and knew this had been a trap. But how could he have known...?

Steve didn't get a proper answer from Bucky. The man just shrugged and mumbled something like: "She told me I'm not worth it..."
All those pictures kicking in, it was just too hard to take. All those memories, those faces... now that his personalities merged, it was even more painful, as he could feel the guilt rushing through his mind for not feeling anything at all. Nothing but love for his Natalia. She had been the good thing about all that. That young girl had shown him who he was supposed to be and somehow she had taught him that having his own will, his own thoughts, wasn't bad at all. Just that they had made him forget about everything that connected them. About every moment they had spent together... and she had betrayed him, become an enemy... or was that just what they had told him?
"Не знаю....( I don't know...)", he whispered to that voice asking, screaming in his head.
Was this situatiom even real? Or was it just another implanted memory he was supposed to believe in? He turned around and looked at Steve.
"Why are you so weak? Why didn't you kill me right away?"
But he looked at him with a glance saying to much more.
And if Tony was your friend, why did you try to kill him instead of me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back