• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Red and Blue (Marvel RP)

Bucky tensed. He looked at Natasha and his eyes widened.
"I tried to kill you...", he stated, "I nearly did..."
Silence. Only the birds were singing. And she was so distant, so cold. How could he know whether or not she was still there, deep inside? She had said that Natalia was dead. How could she be when she was standing right in front of him? How could she be when her hair was still red, like the autumn? It had been their sign, their little thing to show everyone that they were more than that. They were more than pain and fear. There had been comfort in a war zone, and that comfort had been their glances, their intimacy.
He pulled her closer, trying to get rid of the feeling that someone was watching. It was probably just a leftover from his time as a killing machine. His head felt invaded, not like himself. And that was bad, really bad. It wasn't comfortable at all, having someone poke around in there.
"I... guess I'll leave now...", he said, letting go off her. He just left her there, standing in the middle of the woods. He was about to cry, or worse. And this wasn't just sadness. This was worse. He was so angry with himself, felt so helpless. He needed to get away, as far as possible. Away from that feeling that something was inside his head. Something that didn't belong there. So he just ran off, away from them all. His head was numb and he was shivering, though it was really warm around him. He just needed some time alone. Some time to work out what was real and what wasn't. Though he wanted to kiss her, this was necessary. He couldn't afford to have anyone close to him standing in his way. Because if he snapped now, it was for good.

Tony stared at Steve for a few seconds. He was about to punch him, but he didn't.
"And you? Still trying to befriend a killing machine?", he answered sassily, "Haven't you noticed yet? He's a step away from wiping us out."
Tony's aggression was growing and he had always been good at provoking people. He just couldn't help...
"Oh wait but that doesn't matter. Because before that happens your tunnel vision will have destroyed everything already. You'll have killed all your friends because they said something about your childhood friend that didn't fit your small field of perception when it comes to him. I just hope that you see it soon enough, Steve. Before he hurts you too. You know... I trusted you."
The last sentence was a small taste of how betrayed the genius felt. Steve didn't even try to understand his point of view. He just tried to blindly save someone who was gone. Tony knew what brainwashing did to people. And he knew it wasn't that kind of thing one could change easily. It was -usually- permanent.
"I'm sorry for that...", Tony told Pepper and took her hand, "But there's a lot more to it than just a fight."
He looked at Steve again.
"I'm not gonna spend one day next to that killing machine. Who knows, maybe my parents weren't enough. Maybe he wants my fiancé and my baby, too."

"What did you do now?", Pietro asked quietly, "Did you tell him to hide?"
He grinned and looked at the spy, who was still staring after the man.
"That love story is really interesting", he mumbled, and placed a hand on Wanda's shoulder, "But you know what? I'm hungry."

At lunch break, Alicia sat down next to Peter. Her hair was tied together now, because it was too warm to keep it open. She unpacked her lunchbag and pulled out a sandwich, that seemed to be about a day old. Lici looked at it and sighed. Then she looked at Peter.
"The ones we love, huh?", She grinned and took a bite from her Sandwich, "was that some superhero thing or real talk?"
She swallowed and rested her eyes on him, waiting for an answer.
"Oh and I know where you were yesterday. Some guy made a video of a cop fighting Spiderman."
She licked her lips, trying to hide how much this turned her on. The danger he had been in taking photos of the crime scene, hiding in the background, waiting for the superhero to turn up.
"You were there, weren't you? Taking pictures of that superhero for your boss."
She grinned again and casually took his hand into hers. When was this guy going to ask her out?

J was confused by the sudden change of location, but he didn't really mind. That guy wasn't only crazy, but also a magician. One more reason to keep him around. Schizophrenics like that were easy to control if you told them what they wanted to hear. Chaos, he always said that like it was something bad. No, chaos wasn't his aim. His aim was fear, terror, distrust. Madness. And if those Avengers were as unorganized as that guy claimed, it was easy to manipulate them. He would show this city that they weren't safe from anything. Especially not from death and terror.
"And what role do you play in this game, Honey?", he asked the man next to him, "Because if this should be a relationship, we have to set our dominance."
Tongue to scars.
"If this is business, what do I get out of it? You want to rule, but what do I get?"

Natasha stayed quiet as he asked...no, stated that he had tried to kill her. In a way it was true. She had been in the way of his mission. Yet it was incorrect because he hadn't. She was a liability for him to get to her target. He hadn't shot anything vitally important. Just a straight shot through her shoulder and hip. It had damaged her bones but nothing severe. After all if an assassin missed it's target, it spoke louder than if he had killed her. Perhaps she was only telling herself that because she knew deep down that she still liked him. Liked him more than what she wanted to admit to herself or anyone.
He pulled her closer again and she allowed him to do so. She even pulled him into a hug and was about to tell him that it didn't matter. It was past and they both knew if he would've in his right mind that he wouldn't have done it. Yet he was faster and pulled away. "James!", she called after him but he was gone. She stood there and wrapped her arms around her torso. She knew better than to walk after him. He would come once he felt better. She wasn't Rogers... Trying to get him to stay for any prize. Their lives didn't work that way. If the Red Room had taught her anything: Being human or sentimental brought pain. Pain most people wouldn't even imagine.
Yet something in the way he had looked, reminded her of something. That familiar but also strange color in his eyes... Wanda!, she cursed herself almost instantly that she hadn't recognized it from the beginning. "What is your problem, Wanda?! I haven't done you anything. I'm not linked to the death of your parents or anything that happened to your brother! If you have a problem with me, at least leave him out of it.", she called out trying to see where the witch was hiding.

"A killing machine!?", Steve called out and laughed drily "Who of us tries his best to surround himself with robots who basically kill everything on their way? Have you forgotten about Ultron!? If I didn't know it better, I'd say that robot could call you daddy. Last time I checked no-one of the team gave you up after that thing."
He seemed to stop as Tony dropped the bomb that he was getting father for sure. He stared at both Pepper and Tony wide eyed, knowing he had gone too far with his last comment. He opened his mouth to apologize but couldn't. Something stopped him from doing so. Perhaps because Tony didn't understand that it was more to it than saving an old friend. It was about justice and fairness.

Pepper looked at both and frowned as Tony took her hand. She looked at Steve and shook her head. "You know if you tried to look at both sides of the same coin, you might see that there's more to it.", she told Steve but also hoped that Tony was listening. "But your last statement was a real low blow, Steve. You lived in our home for a few years. One would think that you would be more grateful in the end.", she said and looked at Laura and Clint.
"I'm sorry about the inconvenience we brought along. Please send us the bills of the destroyed furniture. Of course we're going to pay for it.", she spoke almost diplomatic and business like.

Wanda smirked at her brother. "I just showed him what he did once. The both of them have quite the past. Well, he does know know now that he almost killed her before.", she told her brother and nodded as he exclaimed that he was hungry. "Let's go.", she spoke but stilled in her movements as the redhead called out to her.

Peter sat down next to her and started eating his own lunch. His aunt had been nice enough to pack him his favorite after she had found out that her nephew had been shot. Once again she had asked one too many questions but he had his answers prepared. So it hadn't been so hard to doge the bullet without revealing too much.
"Which of the answers would you prefer?", he joked hoping it would be enough for her to not ask too many question. But he knew her better than that.
At the mention of Spiderman, Peter tensed up. He glanced at her and visibly relaxed as she went on to talk about him hiding in the shadows. "Yeah... But my boss will be mad at me... I wasn't the one who provided that video or pictures altogether...", Peter replied sheepishly and shrugged "I was busy enough getting Spidey out of there after he got shot." Almost instantly Peter bit his tongue knowing he had once again talked too much.

Loki looked at the maniac. He crinkled his mouth as that man called him honey. "You will get this city to rule over. It's close enough to your beloved Gotham. Just without that disgusting bat.", Loki spoke calm and collected. Once the man spoke about dominance. He resisted the urge to show the man who was dominant here. Despite of how the man behaved, he was a mere mortal and Loki was a god. The god of mischief.
"I can provide you with anything you desire while I watch this world burn in fear.", Loki smirked at mere thought. "Besides this universe doesn't have the asylum you are used to. I gave you your freedom back and offer you the possibility to do whatever your puny heart desires."

Bucky was gone. He was somewhere between pain and helplessness. He ran a while, then he sat down on a rock. He rested his head in his hands and covered his face.
Leave me alone...
Pictures and emotions that were everything but comfortable. Things he had tried to forget about. He sat there, on the rock, shivering, lost in pictures. He didn't know how to keep them from reality, didn't know if the noises of guns were inside his head or outside.
He didn't move. He would just push through that. There wasn't a way around it anyway.
With the pictures rushing around him and through his head, he soon lost track of what was real and so he saw himself in a uniform, looking for something that wasn't there. But what was it? He kept stumbling around, looking for Steve, a gun, any track where he was. He had to get out of the woods, back to the base. He was an easy aim in here, he didn't know that surrounding. One wrong step and he was bullet cheese.

That was enough for Tony. He couldn't take any more than this. Steve was right, but he didn't want to admit that. Not in front of Pepper. There was no excuse for what he had done and probably he even deserved to be killed. No, wait. There was something about him that wasn't all that bad. He had tried to make the world a safer place. He had tried to make it all okay, to help the people feel safe again. He had gone too far, that was out of question. But maybe that was exactly the point. His intentions hadn't been evil. He had tried to help.
While that man... he had destroyed a life. He had killed two innocent people and had taken his family from him. And he had done this on purpose. Tony's hands started to shiver and he put them into his pockets. No weakness now. Not in front of a traitor.
Pepper talked about seeing the other point of view. Tony was trying to, but he just couldn't see how someone could befriend the murderer of his parents. Of his mother. He still shivered and in the end, he just ran off with a sigh. He fled himself back to the car and sat in there, crying.
Mom... I miss you Mom....

Clint watched Tony leave and was one push away from going after him. But Laura's hand gently held him back. The man needed to do this alone. So Clint's glance moved to Steve and he gave him the worst and most judging stare ever. That had been the worst thing he could have said to Tony. And he guessed that the Super Soldier knew that. So what in hell had he been thinking?
"You don't have to pay for it, Pepper. We have enough money to fix it", he smiled at Tony's girlfriend and shook his head, "Just make sure he's okay... that wasn't too good now."
While saying that he looked at Steve again, letting him feel the judgement even clearer. That was when Natasha came in. Alone. And they knew there was something wrong.

Pietro had taken his sister back to the farm. They were sitting in the barn, talking about what happened now. Pietro didn't want to reveal himself to Tony, but he also didn't want to miss the comfort of a bed he had had the last night.
"I could just sneak in afterwards", he suggested, looking at his sister with gleaming eyes, "No one would notice."
That sounded like a perfect plan to him and he didn't want to let go of it.

"I don't know...", Alicia grinned and took another bite from her sandwich, "Can you just tell me if you meant it in general or because of me?"
She stroked his hand and leaned her head on his shoulder.
"Cause, you know... I just need to know..."
Then he said that strange sentence. Did it mean that he helped the superhero escape? Did it mean that he maybe knew him personally? That that guy was just an average guy, maybe someone she knew too?
"What do you mean you got him out?", she asked, now really curious, "Is he hurt badly? Do you need help or something? My sister's boyfriend is a surgeon... so if he needs some health care, he'll be on it. Just call... uhm..."
She picked out a piece of paper and wrote down a number.
"His name is Jack. He's a really great guy. And he won't ask for an ID or anything. Just in case you need it."
She shrugged and kept on stroking his hand.
"Just in case, of course."

"I don't need a city to rule, Honey. I run Gotham anyway", he laughed and petted his new pet. It was a little arrogant, but it would lose that in some time. Just the right amount of lure and fake trust.
"Oh, what's your name by the way?"
He needed to know that to work with it. The question was how long it would stick around. It seemed quite collected, as if it had a plan already. But that wasn't important. At first he needed... Space. And a place he could work.
"But I want something else. I want a human. Just one of the superheroes. And I want them to be my little toy. I wanna choose one", he set his conditions, "If you give me that, you can have your chaos and fear."
He nodded to himself. Just like that.
"So, let's start this with a bedtime story", J chuckled and looked at his new pet with a smile, "Wanna know how I got these scars...?"

Pepper looked at Clint and nodded slightly as he told her it wasn't necessary. "We insist. Just send me the bills, I will make sure they are covered. My apologies for what just happened. He had... Tony had really good intensions. He just wanted to spend the day with his family. I think he even had some bikes for two children in the back of the car.", she gave Clint a small smile before turning around to leave.
"Pepper, listen I didn't mean to...", Steve began to which she turned around looking cold. "Just zip it, Rogers. I don't need your apology and he doesn't need it as well. Just leave us alone! He was doing good until he saw you!", she spoke and left the destroyed kitchen. She walked out to look for Tony and saw him sitting in the car. She watched him for a moment before she walked over to the driver's side of the car. She gentle knocked against the window of the car and opened his door. "Hey darling... C'mere", she said and opened her arms into a hugging gesture.

Steve watched Natasha enter the house and frowned. He could basically feel the judgement in the air but it had to be said. Tony was such a hypocrite for prohibiting Bucky the same treatment that the Avengers had given him after what happened in Sokovia. No-one but himself had secluded him but seen him as their ally. He was simply asking for people to give Bucky the same treatment. "Where's Bucky?", Steve asked urgently to which Natasha gave him a bored almost cold gaze. "Somewhere in the woods. That coward ran off. But leave him alone! He's not your puppy, Rogers.", she replied and glanced at Clint "Where's Wanda?"
"What do you mean he's in the forest?", Steve asked almost panicky and continued "He just ran off? What happened?" But the super soldier didn't wait for an answer but simply walked out of the farm, looking for his best friend again. Of course he knew that finding Buck wouldn't be easy still he would try until he found some kind of trail.

Wanda sat down on a barn and lied back into the hay. "I don't know if he's already here. Him and Rogers got in quite a fight.", she told her brother but sighed. "Why is it that always I have to do you dirty work?", she asked him with a raised eyebrow. Yet she sat up again and told him "I will go inside and see if he's there. Besides I told you once I won't have them take you away again. Whoever tries will be dead." She looked at her brother in a why that told him that she wasn't kidding about that.

"Perhaps a bit of both?", Peter spoke and felt his cheeks heating up a little. It was strange saying that and he knew he was revealing to much. But...but he couldn't help himself. He didn't want to lose her but at the same time he didn't want her to get into trouble. After all that was what his secret identity and mask was for, wasn't it? Unconsciously he flinched in pain a little as she leaned her head on his shot shoulder.
"We got his uhh... injury fixed yesterday.", he spoke awkwardly and continued a little too fast "But I don't know him of course. He got his mask on all the time and didn't ask him for his name though. That's what the mask is for, isn't it? Keeping his identity a secret..." He chuckled awkwardly and internally face palmed himself for not being able to keep his mouth shut.
He glanced at the phone number and placed it into the pocket of his jeans. "Thanks... I'll keep it in mind, Licia."

"My name is Loki, of Jotunheim.", he spoke almost prideful and rose his chin a little. An arrogant smile crossed his lips as he looked down at the mere mortal. "Oh, I can give you something way better. I can offer you the Queen of Hearts of one of those superheroes. You can have either her or the superhero attached to her.", he smirked at the mere thought. He already had someone in mind. Why would you want a superhero if you could manipulate them that way. His own brother had acted like a maniac as they had tried to steal his Jane.
Loki looked almost bored as the Joker asked him about his scars. "Did someone distaste your smile and give you one they liked?", he asked twirling his scepter and continued "Or were you crazier than usual and ripped your cheeks open?"

Tony fell into Pepper's arms. Tears were streaming down his face and he pulled her onto his lap, burying his face in her hair.
"It was my fault...", he whispered, "I nearly ended the world..."
He wanted a drink. It would help him relax, would numb that anger and helplessness. Her near had helped once, but not anymore. He wanted to punch someone, someone specific. Steve didn't have anything to do with that, but he kept getting in his way. He didn't even want to kill that guy. Just do... something. Something to ease that aggression he had toward that killer. Maybe lock him up, until he was proven to be normal again, so no one would get hurt. But right now he felt miserable. It was that emptiness he had felt inside since he had gotten the call...
"I'm sorry, Tony... but your parents..."
It had been the worst day in his life. Losing his mother and his father, being alone that night until Obi had come over.
"Let's leave, Pep... I can't do this here. I can't act like I get along with him... and Steve can't stop hurting me..."
He was really desperate. It had seemed like such a good idea to visit Clint, introduce Laura and her and have a nice day together. But instead this had happened and his plan was destroyed.

Bucky was confused. Where was he? What was happening? Was he inside a dream? The woods didn't seem familiar at all...
Was this a test? Had they taken him here to find his target? And if so, why didn't he have any weapons on him? What had happened?
He wasn't sure how to behave, so he just sat down on a rock and waited. Then, steps. Someone was walking through the woods. With a jump he was on his feet and ran off. Not running a straight likewas important, in case someone tried to shoot at him. He hid behind a hut, looking for a weapon he could use. If he could surprise his opponent, maybe he had a chance to grab his gun.
So they had sent him here to fight? Maybe an introduction for a new member, maybe a proof for someone how weak they were. Or a killing mission. Anyway they would tell him when to stop. If not, he would kill the target. That was the safest way to make sure he wasn't going to be attacked. The footsteps followed, but he got rid of them soon. Then it all was silence. And silence was good, it meant he was alone.

"Steve, just...", Clint started a sentence, but the Super Soldier had run off already. With a sigh, the retired agent sat down on a halfway intact chair and looked at Natasha.
"What happened?", he asked, looking around in his kitchen. Everything he had worked on so hard was gone, broken and destroyed. But there was one thing that was more important than what had happened to his hard work: Laura. He wasn't sure whether or not she was going to take those incidents well. She was tough, but was she tough enough to stand another threat? If he wanted peace, he should have sent them away. He knew that and he knew that his wife knew it too. Still, she had allowed them to stay, to complete their mission: A reunion of the Avengers. It wasn't going to be easy, but it was going to be worth it. If it worked, he could retire in peace.
So the first step was locking them up and forcing them to get along. That was the hardest part.

"Good", Lici smiled and pulled him closer. Placing a small kiss on his cheek, she got up and left.
"Have some stuff to do, see you around."
He DID know him. But he didn't want to admit it. But what was way more important... he had told her he liked her. And she hoped he would show it any time soon.

J frowned at the man's humorlessness. How could someone be so dry and without sense for thrill? No wonder he wasn't able to spread chaos. This needed to be done right, with a little of humor, mystery and threat. Just the right amount of crazy, so they would never be able to predict the next step. It was like a game of chess.
"Aaah I want them both", he said as a smile spread on his face, "Her to be my little toy and him to come running after." Joy started to spread inside him as he thought of his little personal plan to make things worse. His whole body started to itch and he had to move not to explode. He paced up and down. Harley had called that the manic phase. The phase when he was oddly euphoric and ready for everything. He liked that. It tickled up and down his body and made him feel good.
"I need a place to work. Big warehouse, hidden, outside so no one will hear her screaming. And I need a few days to prepare..."
A laugh escaped his mouth and it was high, almost hysterical.
"Let's play this game, Loki. Round one."

"Hey, hey, hey....", she whispered and hugged him. Pepper petted his back and kissed his hair. "It's okay... Don't let him get to you, Tony. Everybody does mistakes. Some are bigger than other.", she tried to console him and simply held him tight to her. It broke her heart seeing him like that. After all he had been so, so happy the day before and this morning. If they hadn't come here... She crinkled her mouth and tried her best not to tear up as well. Pepper crinkled her mouth and gulped trying to force her hormones and emotions straight.
"Do you want to drive or shall I?", she offered unsure if it was smart to allow him to drive in this emotional state. She kissed his cheek and gently wiped his tears away from his cheeks. "You do know that I'm here for you, don't you?", she asked him trying to see that he still knew that they were on the same team. No matter what Rogers would tell Tony, she loved this man and wouldn't stop because some sort of childish quarrel. Once he decided who would drive, she got inside the vehicle and ready to go.

Natasha rolled her eyes as Steve ran out looking for his puppy. "That's riduculous. Barnes and Rogers should simply start dating.", she spoke cold and stood in the kitchen, waiting for something or someone in particular. Tasha knew that Clint wanted her to keep her distance from Wanda but she couldn't. Not if that foolish girl kept on threatening her own memories and others. James had nothing to do with whatever trouble Wanda had with her. Instead of sitting down she went to collect some of the broken things from the floor. "Do you by any chance know where Wanda is?", Nat asked again almost too innocent.
Laura frowned over the was Natasha said it and almost tensed up as the witch strolled in casually. She looked around in the destroyed kitchen and sent Pietro Stark, Rogers and Romanoff's soldier are gone. Wanda had an amused smile on her face. She was almost too amused about what was going on.
"What did you do with Barnes?", Natasha suddenly asked all friendliness from her voice. She wouldn't attack the witch but certainly her gaze would've made people weak. It was too easy for Natasha to slip into her Black Widow persona. Especially with her memories so freshly back in her mind. Yet she showed no sigh of hurting or even killing her former team mate. It was obvious that the only thing that kept her from going for Wanda was her old promise to Clint. No more civilians. Especially not in Clint's home.
"I've done nothing.", Wanda explained innocently but Natasha just scoffed.

Peter looked after her and randomly placed his hand on his cheek. He frowned over the kiss but also had a big smile plastered on his lips. "See ya...", he mumbled even though Alicia was already out of his hearing range. Eventually he packed up and walked out of the canteen. The strange poker card already forgotten.

Loki looked at the Joker and frowned. "How big is it supposed to be?", he asked already having a place in mind. He thought of going where he had been with Barton. After all the place was most likely still abandoned and far away from New York City to not raise any suspicion.

Tony drove the car. Naturally Tony drove. But on the half way back to the street, he had made a decision. He stopped the car from one second to the other and turned around.
"Not like that", he grumbled and drove back toward the Barton farm. He arrived there with a determined facial expression and got out of the car.
"Steve?", he asked, entering the living room. But there was no one. No one except Clint, Wanda and Natasha, who were apparently talking about something secret. Because when Tony came in, they were quiet all of sudden. He looked around.
"Where is he? I wanna talk to him."
He couldn't keep on running away from this. It was his life that was going down. And Steve was the reason. They needed to talk things over. Desperately needed to. And since that was the only way to get over this... He would make peace with the former Captain.

Bucky was still hiding. He didn't mean to hurt his opponent, but it was his mission. He had set a track to lead him down the way and make him an easy target. He only had one chance, he knew that. When that one chance was over, it was either him or the opponent. One would be alive, one wouldn't. It was as simple as that. Steps, calling.
"Bucky!"
Who the hell was Bucky? That sounded like a stupid nickname for a dog... but it sounded familiar.
He hid behind a wall of bushes and waited for the other obe to take the bait and show himself. He was almost sure by now that this was a killing mission.
But that target didn't know he was there. He didn't know he would be dead in a few minutes. The Winter Soldier tensed when he heard the steps come closer.
Dead end...

"Tasha..."
Clint placed himself in front of Wanda, like she was one of his children. But then he went forward and put a hand on the agent's shoulder.
"I'm sure she had her reasons, okay? Let's talk first before accusing someone."
He looked at Wanda shortly, still keeping an eye on his 'work wife', as Laura called her. Though Tasha was more like a little sister to him, he felt like this term was appropriate. He did spend most of the time with her.
It hadn't been only one time when they had been undercover, pretending to be a couple. But she would never be more than a sister to him. And Laura and Natasha equally knew that. So there was no jealousy, there never had been.
His glance wandered around in the room and got stuck on Natasha. Her face was cold and perfectly formed. But he had heard the pain in her voice. Something was wrong since Barnes had turned up. And he wasn't sure whether or not he should talk to Natasha about that. It was her private life and she never reacted positively when someone tried to invade it. Still, she maybe needed an advice from someone. Or at least someone to talk to.

"Steve?", he heard someone call out. No, not someone, Tony. Had he come back? What for?
A second later the billionaire had entered the kitchen, looking for Steve...
"He's not here", Clint stated, "but we'd like to talk alone here... I'm sure Pepper and Laura wanna get to know each other. Pepper still needs a hell load of explaining."
He threw a begging glance at Laura. It said: would you please talk to those two outside?

"Big enough", J responded. The next second he was at an old warehouse, that looked like paradise to him. He could already imagine building up his very personal torture equipment there. All he needed was a little time and a pinch of inspiration. Well, he had plenty of that. With a big big smile he wandered around the place and inspected it.
"It's perfect!", he exclaimed, couldn't hold back his laugh any longer. So he just laughed and the sound of it echoed in the empty warehouse. This was going to be a great summer.

Pepper sighed as Tony decided to drive back. That man would sooner or later give her a massive headache because of his skittishness. Of course she was used to that. Years of working for him had left its toll on her after all and it used to be worse. Like the one time he had forced her to give her complete art collection to the Boy Scouts. Of course it had been officially his but she had been the one to travel and look at each piece before buying it. So she still refused to call it his former collection. It was hers!
"Tony...", she sighed and called after him as he once again stomped off. Perhaps it was better for him to form a new group of superheroes rather than always chasing that one guy, who had famously broken up with him. She got out of the car once again and walked slowly after him not wanting to witness that fight. She could already foresee the need to buy Clint a new home.

Natasha knew that Clint wanted her to calm down. But what he never had understood if she was like this. Her emotions weren't there. She was the cold killer SHIELD and other secret agencies had feared to the point that they put a bounty on her head. Her own emotions were left out and hence she did not act in the heat of the moment. She was as cold and collected as ever. Wanda told her she was innocent and Natasha knew she was lying. "You better start learning how to lie or else everyone will detect it.", she simply spoke her eyes fixed on the brunette rather than the archer even as he spoke trying to protect the Maximoff twin. Romanoff turned around and looked at Stark, considering to tell him that he went to look for Barnes. Yet Clint had spoken first so she suppressed her snappy comment.

Laura walked over and placed a friendly hand on the billionaire's back. "Shall we talk outside?", she asked him and friendly but determining ushered him out of the kitchen. "Can I offer you a lemonade or iced tea to drink while we three wait for Steve to come back?", she asked and gestured to the small table surrounded by chairs on their porch.

"I did nothing.", Wanda insisted after Tony and Laura went outside, knowing that the redhead had no prove that she had even been there. Natasha stared at Wanda then her facial expression hardened. "Do you have any idea how it is to have someone inside your head? Someone who controls and changes your memories within the blink of an idea? How much pain it is needed to change the brain and how it memorizes?", she suddenly asked and continued "Let's play a game, shall we? Let's make you feel how that is. Come one, let's go!"
It wasn't an empty threat. Natasha still knew and contacted the scientist as well as the Mistress of the Red Room. Both owed her favors and it was an easy task to get the twin to them. To the scientist's lab on that damned metal chair. The Mistress even saw Natasha as one of her perfect daughters despite of her betrayal to Russia. As much as Natasha hated the thought of being that woman's daughter it was true. Perhaps not biological but definitely in the wide sense of motherhood. Not everyone had lovable mothers like the Barton kids after all.
Natasha stepped forward to grab the girl but she stepped backwards. "Doesn't sound too pleasant, does it?", Natasha laughed drily and continued "Perhaps you should consider that the next time you decide to go into someone's head. Leave him or anyone for that out of your problem with me or I'll make sure you wake up chained to that chair. Long enough to realize that you will forget about your brother, Vision and everyone else you laugh. Awake long enough to realize that you will forget about everything that makes you human and only the very next mission counts!" With that Natasha stepped away from the girl and Clint.
"You wouldn't dare.", Wanda spoke trying to sound calm and not afraid, knowing that the redhead hadn't lied. But all she received was a challenging gaze from Romanoff. One that spoke volumes and only said try me.

Steve walked around feeling like with each step he was walking away from his best friend. "Come on, Buck. This isn't funny anymore. Let's go back!", the super soldier called out. Rogers scratched the back of his neck as he continued his search. Eventually he tried with the man's Christian name as he obviously received no reaction with his nickname. "James? Come on, let's go back. They're waiting. Even Romanoff.", he called out thinking that small white lie wouldn't hurt anyone. He might not know about the link between Bucky and Natasha but there was no denial there was something there.

Loki looked at the maniac for a moment, thinking of whether or not this was a smart idea. But after all this man was a mere mortal and he was a god. Nothing could go wrong there. "Well, I sticked to my part of the deal. Now, it is your turn, Jester.", Loki spoke as the man laughed to himself. It was becoming clearer and clearer why the man had been confined to the asylum.

Tony held out a chair for Pepper, then he sat down and sighed. This was clearly a trick to keep him and Pepper outside. Dammit, Clint. He hated it when people kept secrets from him. He hated it.
But this seemed to be the only way to be allowed to stay here. He looked at Pepper. Well, she didn't know about Laura. She didn't know about any of this mess yet. He hadn't told her much about what had happened while she had been gone. There hadn't been time for that somehow and he hadn't been willing to let it all come to the surface again, to hurt him even more. He put his arm around his fiancé and stroked her back.
"Pepper, that's Laura, Clint's wife...", he grinned, waiting for her reaction.

Inside the house, Clint grabbed Natasha's arm and looked at her. A fatherly and halfway friendly warning to back up now. He let go and moved back to Wanda.
Whatever was wrong with Natasha, she owed him an explanation. Whatever Wanda had done to Barnes was a thing between the two of them. Natasha wasn't really the type to interfere in disagreements. Except she wanted to protect someone... But Barnes.....?
He shook off that thought and looked at Wanda. She was clearly feeling guilty about something. Something she had done to Barnes? Maybe unintentionally? Who knew for sure...
And where was Pietro?

Laura smiled at Pepper and held out a hand to properly greet the new guest at her farm.
"Nice to meet you", she said, sending a warm smile over to the other woman, showing her she was more than welcome.

Pietro was outside the farmhouse, watching Wanda and Natasha interact. When Natasha had taken a step toward his sister, he had sprinted through the broken window, which had left some cuts. Later he had noticed that he had left a track of blood, which lead from ghe window to the kitchen counter he was hiding behind. Not very sneaky. He covered the wound and the blood stopped pouring soon. Still there was this track, that would lead anyone to where he was. So he just changed location, not leaving a track this time. The broken table in front of the wall was a perfect hideout and even closer to his sister. If someone tried to hurt her, he would be there in the blink of an eye. Literally.

The Winter Soldier waited for the steps to come closer. An hour had passed already and he still hadn't found the track he had set. It was a clearly visible footprint in the mud. But he was still calling someone.
"James!"
Why was the opponent using his name now? His heart beat faster and he tried to calm down. It was coincidence. Nothing else. The steps came even closer and he tensed. Ten meters, five, two...
With a powerful jump he was on top of the man, who made a surprised noise. The Winter Soldier used his metal arm to hit the opponent's head, but he was still moving. He should have been unconscious already. He tried to hold the man down, but it wasn't that easy. He was just as strong as him...
"Bucky", he kept on gasping, "Bucky, it's me!"
Who the hell was Bucky?!!

"Jester", J grumbled and texted his squad to hand over the equipment he needed, "And you are Lester then."
He looked around, his mind already buzzing with new ideas.
"You make yourself useful and find a way we can snap the queen of hearts."
He giggled. That term was really funny. He only used it for Harley sometimes. His heart's queen. She was way too keen on those word games.
"But don't get her yet. I have to do some work myself. Why don't you... build that up?"
He handed the god a piece of paper which showed exactly which torture equipment was to put where.
"I'm sure your magic can handle that, right?"
He giggled again.
"Lola..."
With those words he opened one of the windows and jumped outside, landing in a helicopter that had been there for some time.
"I'll do my business now, you girls have a good time."
And he was gone, off to announce this city it had a new ruler. The Joker.

Pepper sat down on the offered chair and looked around unsure of what to say. Of course she knew about the desbute between Rogers and her fiancé. It had been all over the news with the Sokovian Accords. Both of them had never really talked about what had happened. He prefered keeping her away from the Avengers business ever since she had decided to leave him and take a break as he had called it back then. "It's gonna be alright.", she whispered to him as he seemed down since coming back from inside. She placed a peck on his cheek then looked at the brunette. Surprise was shown on her face as Tony introduced her. Pepper stood up again and shook the offered hand.
"Pleasure to meet you, too, Mrs. Barton. I've heard quite much about you lately.", Pepper spoke causually but there was a faint hint of surprise in her voice. She looked back at Tony and felt like kicking his shin for making her believe there might be more. Pepper sent him a brief dark glare because of his smug grin before turning back to the woman.
"You've got a lovely property.", Pepper added and sat down again on the chair stroking wrinkles off her pencil skirt.

Natasha felt the pressure of Clint's hand on her arm. But she disregarded him and simply stared at Wanda.
"And again, Maximoff. Don't mess with his head, he's gone through enough. You want to get back at me for something, then grow up and deal with me instead. Mess with my head if you cannot help it. But believe me if I say that you don't want to deal with neither the Winter Soldier nor me.", Natasha spoke and glanced a last time at her. Then turned around to leave but she stopped with a frown. Her gaze was almost instantly drawn to the blood.
"I think someone's injured.", she said walking over to the place and added "Your brother has cut himself." Natasha glanced over to Wanda not feeling the need to continue a pointless conversation. She had gotten her point across.

Wanda simply looked at the spy. "Better stay away from me!", she hissed at Romanoff and looked towards the blood. How Natasha had figured out that it was her brother was beyond the witch. But almost instantly her eyes scanned the room for her twin. Pietro?, she sent him a worried message.
"Besides it's none of your business what I'm up to.", Wanda looked defiantly at Natasha.
That was what made the redhead turn around again and lose some of her patience. "Not my business? You made it my business the moment you dived into my head back in South Africa and yesterday! If I wouldn't know it better you actually find my mind quite comfortable!", she hissed.

Steve tried to push Bucky away. He wasn't fighting his best friend like back in D.C. The only thing he did was raise his arms in order to protect his head from severe damage and get away from the confused man.
"Come on, pal. That's not you. You know me, Bucky.", he spoke as he moved his head away from a punch so his metal hand connected with the ground instead.
"Just try. We both know that you know me. It's alright."

Loki watched the Joker annoyed. The man was getting comfortable way too quickly. "I am not your servant!", He spoke outraged as the Joker exclaimed that he was supposed to work for the maniac, a mere mortal! But the man was gone before Loki was even able to finish his sentence. But to set an example the magician wouldn't do as he was told. Who was the Jester thinking he was anyways. If Loki wasn't as dependent on the man's work, he would've sent him straight back into the asylum.
Yet instead Loki thought about how he would be able to reach Stark's girlfriend. Perhaps a little mind game would trick her into following him...

Laura smiled.
"Please, call me Laura. Everyone does", she spoke kindly, "And I hope he only told you good things."
She put some lemonade on the table.
"It's housemade, so if you wanna taste it..." Her hand made an inviting movement.
When Pepper mentioned the farm, she looked around briefly. Yes, their home was beautiful. When they had bought it, it had been an old and ugly farm, but piece by piece, Clint had fixed it up until they had finally had their perfect home. And even though it was perfect now, somehow her husband couldn't stop "improving".
"Yeah, it is beautiful, isn't it...?", she nodded, "But somehow Clint seems to find better solutions for everything. And from one day to the other, there is a wall missing, or we have a new stable because the kids found rabbits..."
Her arm pointed to the new rabbit hut, that had just been finished.
"Or there is a new back door all of sudden..."
She smiled. She wasn't really mad at her husband's motivation to rebuild everything... It was just a little too much sometimes.
"Even the kids say he is exaggerating", she stated.
"Well, everyone needs their work to do", Tony interrupted, talking about his habit to stay up at night to build green energy reactors.
Nate, who was still on Laura's arm, looked at Pepper and made some noises that sounded like he was trying to talk to her. Laura nodded and smiled.
"Yes, exactly, young man."
Tony looked at the baby with a big smile and subconsciously put his hand on Pepper's tummy. They would have something like that too. Just a few more months.

"Guys. Natasha. Stop", Clint demanded and placed himself in the middle again, "Wanda, we talked about that... please just leave our thoughts where they are. And no looking either. We've all got our experiences with mind control. And it's not comfortable."
He shuttered at the thought of his mind being invaded again. No way...
And what was going on with Natasha? She normally wasn't upset that easily if it was about someone else. So what in hell made Barnes so important to her? Clint knew the stories where he had almost killed her three times, but that couldn't be it. There had to be more than that. The thing was just... she probably wouldn't tell him. If she even admitted it to herself. She had a tendency to push all of her emotions aside and act all tough and almost robotic. But that wasn't her, he knew her better than that. She had a big heart and a desperate need for someone to support her emotionally. Even though she would never admit that.

I'm fine, Pietro sent to his sister. He was bleeding, but it was starting to heal already. All not as bad as it seemed.

The Winter Soldier didn't recognize the man. He just kept on punching, hoping that he would give up or die soon. In the end, he was on top of him, raising his metal arm for the final punch.... But it didn't move. Not an inch. He couldn't kill that man. Why couldn't he?! That face wasn't familiar... or was it? He wasn't so sure himself anymore. Maybe he had seen that guy before. But why did it feel so wrong to hurt him.
The final hit was one onto the opponent's temple, so he passed out and wouldn't harm him anymore.

"Believe me, he told just the best stuff. Tony likes you a lot actually.", Pepper smiled back at the woman and took something from the offered lemonade. "Thank you...", she mumbled and raised her glass a little before she sipped on the cold liquid "It's really tasty.", Pepper complimented with a smile.
She listened to the woman talk with a smile and looked over to the stables. "We once had a wall missing because Tony thought buying a giant rabbit for Christmas was appropriate.", Pepper explained with a side glance to him. To her he had still taken the whole Christmas present thing too far. Who with the right mind would even think about purchasing a giant custom made rabbit with an arch reactor in its chest after all? "So I know exactly what you mean.", Pepper agreed that sometimes men seemed to exaggerate a lot. She jokingly nudged Tony's side and grinned at him.
Her gaze turned to the baby as he spoke to her. To her own surprise she felt Tony's hand on her stomach and she smiled to herself. Unconsciously she placed her hand on top of Tony's and intertwined their fingers. "What's the baby's name?", Pepper asked Laura with a gentle smile. Somehow the prospect of having a child with Tony didn't seem as scary anymore. Pepper had always liked children especially babies and toddler but simply never thought of having some on her own. After all career and children mostly didn't go well together.

The redhead looked at Clint as he called her name again. She glanced at her partner than Wanda. Within seconds, she seemed to have calmed down. At least on the inside. "Fine. I'll stop.", she agreed calm and collected but still she looked darkly at Wanda. That girl would need to learn on her own when to stop messing with people.
But instead of dwelling there longer, Natasha went to tidy up the mess Rogers and Stark had left behind.

Wanda looked at Clint and nodded slightly. She wouldn't go into Clint's head. He always had been the closest what she had to a family. Even during the fight. "Okay.", she agreed and watched Clint shudder. It reminded her of why people were generally afraid of her. Her talent didn't feel like a blessing like Hydra had tried to tell her but it was becoming more and more of a course. Let's just go outside..., she told her brother I have a feeling I'm not very welcomed at the moment.

Steve looked up as he was pretty beaten up by now. The man, his best friend, rose his fist for the last punch. "Till the end of the line, remember?", Steve spoke and felt the fist collide with his temple before things went black for him. His fast healing body wouldn't need long to heal enough for him to get conscious again. Steve turned around in pain and coughed. Unsure if Bucky was still around."Are you finished now?", he asked and continued "What has Romanoff do to you?"

Laura laughed when Pepper told her the story about the rabbit, but Tony looked a little offended. He had tried to be cute, but it had been a shot to his own knee.
"That's Nate", Laura smiled and sat down as well, Nathaniel on her lap, "He's our youngest."
He face lit up when she talked about her children. It was just the pride that only a mother could have, seeing her children grow up.
"The other two are a little bigger", Tony added, "One looks exactly like Clint and one is a clone of Laura."
Laura's smile grew even bigger and just the moment she wanted to add something, Cooper and Lila came running toward the house, their schoolbags on their back.
"Hey Mom", Cooper greeted and hugged Laura and Nathaniel, "Ma'am", he greeted Pepper, looking at her curiously.
"Where's Dad?", he asked then, heading for the door.
"Wait, Cooper...", Tony stopped him. He knew that was a bad idea, since the kitchen was destroyed.
"We brought bikes for you. As an apology for scaring you... I didn't mean it that way...", Tony kept on trying.
"Cooper, Lila, come here. Daddy's inside. He's fine, he's just talking to Auntie Nat about something, okay? You two stay here and try your new bikes, yeah?", she helped calming her children, "Come on, Auntie Nat is taking care of Dad."
The children didn't contradict when they followed Tony to his car, but one could see the fear in their eyes. The fear of losing their Daddy...

Pietro stood behind the house, pressing his hand against his healing wound. He looked at his sister and frowned.
"I wanted to kill that redhead in there. I wanted to make her pay for insulting you like that. It's none of her business whose mind you look at. It's your talent", he started trying to cheer her up immediately, "And she is totally overreacting. No one cares. Memories are there, so they are no one's property. You can see them so why not use it?"
He was totally on his sister's side, whatever happened. And she should stop looking so sad... if the old man didn't let her be who she was, they would just leava again. He wouldn't let anyone push his sister around like that. It was his job to protect her. Just like she protected him.

The Winter Soldier sat behind a tree, out of breath. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what was happening to him... But he did know that there was something terribly wrong. Something inside his mind scratched on his thoughts, trying to get through. It was something important. Something he shouldn't ignore. But the more he focused on it, the more it seemed like it was just illusion, something unnecessary. He needed to kill that man. He needed to... He got up and walked over to where he was crawling around on the floor, trying to get up. Romanoff... that name sounded familiar, but only from a former Mission. That had been some kind of agent... hadn't it? He placed his foot on the man's back, pressing him down. He raised his hand and... what was that? He couldn't move. There was something... someone...
"Calm down, James... that isn't you... you need to focus... He is no danger."
It was a familiar voice, so he looked up, as a red- skinned man landed right in front of him and pulled him off his best friend.
"I recently discovered that I can manipulate thoughts, too. I will only use it this one time to prevent worse", he stated and placed his finger on Bucky's head. Bucky screamed, then he passed out.

The police radio in Peter's room was going nuts that night. Burglaries, assaults, masked people with guns... the world seemed to sink in chaos. Some young officer even called for help on the radio, shortly after being reported shot. It was a rough night and there was no time for the superhero to sleep.

While the Joker was waking up the city that never slept, Harley was 'dealing' with Loki. She strolled around him, behaving like he was a pet and she was the owner. She told him to show her how he could levitate things or lift heavy torture equipment. She applauded like a little child in the circus, when he finally did what she wanted. But she always got her will in the end. And she was here to make sure her boyfriend's orders were followed accurately. So who cared if she was pushing that schizophrenic around a bit? J had done that too, and no one had complained.

Pepper watched them talk and Tony seemed to relax again. He might be a little annoyed with her for making fun of that gigantic rabbit but in truth he knew that she had enjoyed the present. Of course a little smaller rabbit would've been amazing as well. But she still owned that damned plush animal. Even if that thing had never fitted her small apartment at Venice Beach.
"Well, hello you. I'm Pepper.", she introduced herself with a smile and waved friendly at the baby. Pepper listened to Laura speak about her kids. It was more than obvious that they were her everything. This life so secluded from everything but still that woman was happy.
"They don't take Clint's job easily, do they?", Pepper eventually spoke and frowned a little to herself. "How do you do that? Knowing that each time he leaves to do such business that he might not return? I mean... I know each time Tony has something to do with Iron Man, he's missing a part of himself. How do you explain it to them?"

Wanda looked at her brother and frowned. "They're right you know... No matter where I go I bring destruction.", she admitted just above a whisper. The brunette looked away from the brother knowing he wouldn't understand. His talent wasn't as destructive as hers. He was simply fast and annoying. "Everyone's always afraid of me because of what I'm capable of doing.", Wanda finally admitted "Especially since what has happened in South Africa. I killed so many people, Pietro."
It was the first time that she openly spoke about what had caused the thrift between Rogers and Stark. To her it wasn't the fact that the Russian man had appeared. He was simply the last drop on the hot stone. No, it had been her and the collapsing building that had sparked the Sokovian Acts.

Natasha could feel Clint's stare burn into her skull after Wanda had left. She had no reasonable explanation on why she had acted the way she had. It had been instinct. Pure instinct.
"I...I owe him, Clint. When I went with you that day, I left him behind to suffer on Russia's hand. I just left without looking back.", she eventually told the archer. "It's about the red in my ledger and I'm trying to remove it."
Her gaze pierced him for a second before she looked away. That was something Clint would understand. It explained her reaction perfectly, didn't it? It was just about removing the red in her ledger.

Steve felt the sole of Bucky's boot on his back. To his surprise Vision came. "What are you doing here?", Rogers gasped and stood up slowly. "Don't hurt him!", he said but it was too late. Bucky already slumped to the ground.
"What have you done to him?!", Steve wanted to know instantly and went over to his best friend. "We should bring him to the barn. Perhaps Wanda can help him..!"

Peter was awake all night trying his best from the burglaries and everything too happen. But it was too much. He had no idea what had suddenly gotten into the Big Apple. It was almost like every gangster had decided to do anything at once. He was pretty beaten up and tired as he arrived at the next crime scene. Again everything looked beaten up but a deck of cards had been left. "What the actual heck...", Peter exclaimed looking around.

Eventually Harley pushed him too far. At first it had been fun seeing the woman jumping around so excited by his little magic tricks. But soon the wench had become annoying. It was now that he rose his scepter and held the woman by her throat. "I am Loki of Jotunheim next to the throne in Asgard and you will not command me around, woman!", he spoke his scepter suddenly glowing blue.

"Well", Laura started, looking at her kids, who were following Tony to the car, "I tell them the truth: That Daddy's out there saving the world with his team, that they are taking care of him and doing their best to protect him..."
She smiled a worried smile.
"I just try my best to support him. They need him and I know that. Sometimes they need him more than we do. And then I have to accept that. The man I love is an agent. And he has been ever since. I guess I knew what I was messing with when I married him...", Laura explained, looking at the house, where Clint was, "He has a tendency to adopt strays... If human or animals, usually doesn't matter. And that's just a part of him I really love... his big heart."
She shrugged and poured herself a glass of lemonade, trying to keep Nate from grabbing it.
Meanwhile, Tony and the kids were looking at the bikes he had brought.
"Look, Mom! Look what we got!", Cooper exclaimed, driving his bike across one of the meadows. His distrust in Tony was forgotten.
Tony watched the kids for a while, then he came back to the ladies and sat down. Just that moment, Nate took Laura's glass and poured the lemonade all over Pepper's skirt. Laura tried to catch the glass, but failed.
"Oh!", she cried out and sighed, "Nathaniel.... I'm sorry, that skirt must have been expensive... "
Tony looked at Pepper, not sure how to react. It was just juice... or wasn't it...?

"Don't... you are special. You are something no one can see... I see you..."
He hugged her and stroked her back.
"They should think of you what they want. But I am there and on your side. Always. And who cares about those idiots anyway?! It's just us. You and me. As always. We don't need anyone else, remember?", he tried to cheer her up. But it wasn't that easy... Her face still looked sad.
"Wanda... I love you, sister...", he said and placed a kiss on her forehead, "We will be fine."

"You owe him...", Clint repeated, "The way you owe me?"
Somewhere deep down in his mind, he had a vague memory of Loki saying something....
"Look, Tasha", Clint started, pushing that memory aside, "We had a deal, didn't we?"
He looked at her with a challenging look.
"Either truth or nothing, right? I've always been honest. So for god's sake, I either wanna hear the truth, or nothing at all."
That deal was as old as their friendship. It had been one of the first things they had promised each other. Because truth was the base for trust. And Clint considered himself one of the few lucky people, Natasha Romanoff trusted- at least halfway.
"So...?" An asking glance pinned Natasha down. "What's it gonna be?"

Vision nodded and felt guilty.
"I wasn't trying to make him unconscious...", he assured Steve and looked down on the passed out man, "I was trying to move his..."
Wait, why was he even trying to explain? And why did it feel so bad? He had just eliminated danger without severely hurting that individual. Still, it felt wrong.
"I'm here because... I have lost Wanda from my radar and I assumed she might be here... since Pietro is alive again, they have been hiding from Fury and his agents and..."
Pause. That was too much information. He shut his mouth and then looked for the relevant information.
"I was trying to find her. Just to make sure she is okay." He nodded.
"Maybe we should bring him to the barn. But let me help you..."
He just picked the man up and carried him, as if he wasn't heavy at all. He flew upwards and left Rogers behind. Rogers... Mr Stark would have called him Cap. But that had been before the fight...
Mr Stark... He hadn't talked to him since... Something in Vision's stomach felt weird when he thought about the incident. It shouldn't have happened.... He had been distracted...

With a big smile of delight on his face, the Joker wandered through one of the destroyed shops. It was a small shop, one that only sold the most necessary stuff like milk, eggs, donuts, coffee, snacks....
His "friends" had done good work. It was all destroyed, the money still there and a big big smile sprayed onto the wall. Still, the touch was missing. They were all brutes, no real artists. Their reason for breaking in was money, not a message. So he had paid them. Of course. One needed money, but if he wanted some, he would rob a bank, not a small shop. This wasn't a challenge, this was a message. With an amused smile, he picked up one of the Joker- cards, which were lying all over the place. He looked at the floor. There was a pen, and it looked at him as if it was saying: Use me. Use me.
In a way, this was fate. He picked the pen up and wrote in his best handwriting:
"To the Avengers. Best regards, J."

Pepper listened to her and nodded a little. "That must be exhausting. I mean having so many people around and allowing them to stay like it was nothing.", she reasoned and looked around at the farm. She didn't know Agent Barton too well. Even back when people had lived at the Avengers tower, Tony had the tendency to try to separate her from this kind of life.
She watched her fiancé with Laura's children. Absentmindedly she turned and turned her engagement ring on her finger. She was thinking of what lied ahead of them. So many things to think about and a wedding ahead of her. Not any wedding but hers. She loved Tony but Pepper didn't want to admit that she was scared of having a family not only with him but in general. The redhead was the typical business woman: extremely successful but childless. But he seemed to be doing great with kids but what if she couldn't..?
Potts was pulled out of her own thoughts aas the cold liquid drenched her skirt. Out of reflex Pepper almost instantly stood "Oh crap!" She looked down at the spot on her upper thighs, which made it look like that she had peed herself. "Don't worry...", she mumbled, knowing that the skirt was ruined, "It's not that bad. I mean it was just an incident after all." Pepper seemed not to mind but she still crinkled her mouth uncomfortable.

Wanda blinked as he wrapped his arms around her in a sudden embrace. She stood there as he tried to cheer her up. But Pietro obviously didn't understand. She was dangerous to everyone. She hurt innocent bystanders and even killed them. Once she felt his peck on her forehead, she embraced him tight back. "I love you, too, Pietro.", she replied both truthfully and out of reflex. "But you are wrong... My talents always had been a course. Everyone's afraid of me because of them."

Natasha stared at her partner. She didn't know what to reply. So much guilt but Clint could help. He always could. Still she never had really told him about what had happened in Russia. Of course she had talked about it from time to time. Talked about people experimenting on her mind and body. All those hours of hard work in the Red Room to become the very best. "I owe him because he made me human. But we were both punished for that in different ways to make sure we wouldn't...we wouldn't go back to what we had used to be.", Natasha replied carefully and continued "He was at the Red Room. The Winter Soldier. He trained us, hand to hand combat mostly." That was more than normal people knew about her. More than anyone besides Barnes probably knew about her.

"You know Pietro is alive? And move his what?! It's not okay to simply go prodding people's thoughts!", Steve asked surprised but also pissed off and continued "Why did you never tell us? It would've nice to know.", the super soldier followed Vision. The cyborg went to collect Bucky and he was about to punch him for it. But he floated towards the Barton's so he followed. "I don't think Maximoff wants to see you.", he eventually mentioned, "or else she would've contacted you. Wanda has changed since she ran into her twin again." Reluctantly he watched his best friend being carried away and tried to remove the blood from his face.

Spiderman swung from building to building until he finally got to the location he had heard over the police radio. It was once again a destroyed shop and Parker was reminded of what had happened. His bullet wound still throbbed like hell. He walked over to the destroyed shop and frowned. It looked slightly different than the last time. He didn't know what it was but something felt different. Like the first shop was the imitation of this one. But that didn't make much sense, did it?

"No... Come on, I'll give you something to wear and try to wash that thing. I can't ruin it any more, can I?", she smiled and sighed. With and absentminded expression on her face she handed Nate over to Tony, who was still sitting on the chair. The genius froze, not knowing what to do now. Laura lead Pepper upstairs to their closet and handed the woman a pair of dark jeans, which even fit the blouse she was wearing.
"Gimme the skirt, I'll try to save it...", she smiled, holding out a hand, "That thing must have cost a fortune. Maybe I can do something. I'm pretty good with lemonade and dirt."
Laura wasn't ashamed that her child had done that. It was just what children did, spill everything everywhere. What was a shame was that Pepper's skirt was ruined. But who wore those clothes for a farm visit anyways? Maybe Tony hadn't told her where they were going.

Tony sat down at the porch and held Nathaniel in his arms. The baby boy looked at the strange man curiously. Especially interesting was the beard the man had. Daddy didn't have something like that. Nate's hand grabbed Tony's chin and held it.
"Mh...", Tony exclaimed, when the boy pulled his lower lip downwards, "Hey, ou!"
Nate let go and looked at the man, a little scared. The big baby eyes made Tony feel guilty.
"No, don't start crying... I didn't mean it...", the genius begged, "Here, look... I got some car keys..."
The car keys made Nate smile again. He took them and rattled them for a while, before dropping them to the floor. Tony picked them up again and gave them back to him, but the baby dropped them again. That game went on until Tony wasn't sure if he even wanted the car keys anymore.
"What do you want? If you wanna have them, stop dropping them", Tony told the boy with a serious face, when he handed the keys to him again.
"Aaaaaa!", Nate answered and dropped the keys again. Tony sighed.
"What do you want?!"

Clint nodded, knowing that was a lot of information already. He pulled Natasha in and hugged her tightly. So she knew him... And there was probably more to it than she wanted to admit. He made her human... that meant they had been close. And that poor teenage girl had been punished for feeling for someone. Now Clint also understood why she had never shown any romantic feelings toward anyone. She was afraid of being punished again, she had been conditioned to expect pain. He didn't know what to do but hug her and show her he was there for her. What that woman had been through was something no one should experience.
"You know... if you need anyone to listen and be quiet, just come over and tell me", he whispered, stroking her back, "I won't judge."
He said it, though Natasha knew that already. He was her friend, no matter what she did or said. Because he saw that woman inside her, and she was scared and had a big heart.

Vision landed in front of the barn and put the unconscious man down. He looked at Steve and frowned.
"I didn't mean to hurt him", he stated, "I'm sorry."
All he had tried was to move the Winter Soldier back and pull up some of the memories, which Barnes would have needed to become himself again. He had failed, because he hadn't known how to. Maybe he should have asked Wanda to teach him first. But he was afraid of talking to her again. Since he had locked her up for no apparent reason, she had made pretty clear that she didn't want him with her. They had been on different sides. He had done what Mr Stark had told him. But had he done what was right? He had had plenty of time to think. And now he wasn't sure if it had been the right thing, after all. Sometimes following the law wasn't the right thing to do. It had been a fight between two friends who both were too strong. It had gotten out of hand and he should have been the one to mediate, not to fight. But now it was too late and Rhodey was hurt. Badly hurt. It was his fault...
Just when he was about to drown in self pity, he looked up and saw... Wanda and Pietro. And suddenly he was really nervous.

The destroyed shop was a piece of art. It looked like the things had been placed, not just thrown around. And then there was that Joker- card, in the middle of the chaos. Like it had been placed to be the center of that all. It was red, like blood and there was a message on it. This was more than just a burglary. This was a provocation.

Harley looked at the blue-ish glowing scepter and jumped back. That colour reminded her of the electroshocks. But instead of backing up, she swung her baseball bat and hit the scepter, so it got a crack. She smiled an innocent smile and shrugged.
"Don't mess with my batsy", she grinned and took a few steps back. She knew that kind of men he was. She had been with one for quite some time now... and she knew she was going to feel a punch soon. She just hoped it wouldn't hurt too much...

"Really... It's okay.", Pepper tried to reassure but rose to her feet. She looked down at the wet patch on her skirt and quickly gazed over to Tony, who had already been given Nathan. The redhead gazed at Tony as she followed the woman so she could have a look on the skirt. "Umm.. Thank you" Pepper spoke as Laura held out the jeans and she couldn't do anything but slip out of her high heels and open the zipper in the back of her pencil skirt. She handed it over to Barton's wife than went to take on the offered jeans. It was a little short around the ankle but with some luck she could pull it off anyways especially with the shoes.
"I don't know if Tony told you... But how is it being pregnant?", Pepper finally asked and glanced towards Laura. There was no need to dance around the topic without Tony being there. She did have question and it felt like this woman was the only person who wouldn't judge her. Or at least she didn't know her well enough to actually be sure about it. But she could still refuse coming back to this farm. "How...how did you know it was the right decision to keep the child?", she asked quietly, trying not to look at the woman.

Natasha stayed quiet a little longer. He hugged her but she didn't make a move to hug him back. She was thinking about something else. "When you were sent to kill me. He was with me." she began and added turning out of his embrace, "I went to search for you as well and the day I found you. I walked over to you without telling him. I was tired of running away and it would've been so easy for both of us. I erased him from the equation by telling you to finally finish what you started. But instead I went with you and left him to his fate with the KGB. I didn't know they would give him to Hydra once they had no use for their Soldier anymore. I betrayed him more than he actually remembers, Clint. It was me who killed the last remaining part of James Barnes. I left him to die and took the first best chance out of the KGB." Natasha looked like it didn't bother her. She seemed perhaps even too relaxed but she didn't want to admit how much it actually hurt her. She should've found a way to get him out. He would've done so, he wouldn't have left her to die. The first time they stumbled into each other after her infamous leave, she tried to talk to him. But he hadn't remembered her anymore. Instead he had shot right through her killing his target and left. It had left her more miserable and heartbroken than she actually had wanted to admit. But she successfully had been able to push things aside until recently. When things had come back to hit her like a train at full speed.

Wanda looked up as she heard noises outside the barn. Almost instantly she was to her feet ready to protect Pietro. But all she stared at was Vision not even looking at Rogers and Barnes. "Vision...What are you doing here?", she asked outright and crinkled her mouth. That man had her locked into Stark's base way too long. But the last thing he had told her that he wouldn't trust her anymore. That he would be afraid if she forced him down to the basement. Yet she had done so to leave with Clint. He had come to help her and then injured Rhodes.

Spidey walked over to the middle of the store and spotted the card. His eyes went wide as he spotted the note. "For the Avengers...", it read and almost instantly he grabbed his phone dialing Stark's number. He didn't want to be a bother to the billionaire after all he probably hadn't expected to get so many calls from Peter after what happened in Berlin. Still it felt like this was something that guy needed to know. It was about him after all, wasn't it?

Loki's eyes went wide as she left a crack on his prized possession. "You...", he whispered then his eyes instantly flicked back to her. Even Mjölnir hadn't left a scratched on it. His hand shot out to wrap around the female's throat. But instead of pressing to strangle her, he studied the woman. He moved her head so Loki could look at her profile. "You are a mere mortal.", he spoke more to himself than to the Jester's woman. But instead of hurting her, he released her throat and moved his scepter forward. She was the Jester's woman and he had plans. Why not infiltrate him from within. The man was already getting to comfortable. So, it would only be fair... He moved his scepter forward and carefully placed the tip against her chest to make her his puppet.

Laura looked shocked for a moment. Abortion? That had never been a thing that she had even considered. Not even for a second. But sure, Pepper had a point. It was a matter of time until something happened to the child, especially because everything around Tony seemed to go public way too fast. She had never faced that decision. And she was quite sure that Pepper only wanted the best for her, Tony and the baby. So how could she consider killing an unborn child? Out of pure panic? Hopelessness? That didn't sound like the Pepper she had gotten to know through Tony's and Clint's stories. But maybe they had been wrong...?
"Keeping it always was the plan...", Laura started slowly, trying to sound understanding, "We just wanted to build a family."
She looked at the woman opposite her and smiled lightly.
"Leaving something behind, you know? A part of us", she said. That was what Clint had told her as a reason to why he wanted children. He had been so excited when she had announced her first pregnancy. And it had been clear from the first moment that they would keep the child. She hadn't been completely ready, but they had always encouraged one another and in the end, they had done pretty well. At least it seemed like.
"I was scared, too... of the new responsibilities, everything around raising a child... It was rather scary. It still is", she explained, "But what counts is that you do your best and that will be enough, most of the time."
She put a hand on Peppers arm and smiled an encouraging smile.
"You'll be great parents, the two of you", she stated.
She couldn't imagine the two of them raising a child. But on the other hand, she had never believed that her and Clint would be living on a farm with three kids...

"You tried to survive. You always did", Clint said and let go off the woman, "But now don't act like this is ending the world. Come on, let's make some lunch. Do you think we can handle that?"
With a foolish smile Clint put the table back in an upright position and set the chairs that were still intact around it.
"Who would have thought that the inside of my house would be redecorated that quickly?", he mumbled and went to the kitchen, where he put a pot onto the stove.
"So today we'll serve... spaghetti", he announced and put a pack of the long noodles onto the counter, "Do you know how to handle them?", he asked Natasha with a wink. Of course he knew how to cook. It just seemed to go wrong every time...

"Wanda...", Vision started, but something made him shut up. Was it the way she looked at him? Or more the fact that he just didn't know how to explain that he...
He had been looking for her to make sure her and her brother would be safe. He had distracted the SHIELD agents to give them a head start. He had done everything to protect her without her noticing. Because he was afraid of her reaction, of the way she would see him after what had happened. And the way she looked at him now, just made it mire clear. She didn't want to see him. She didn't want to talk to him.
"I made a mistake, Wanda....", he said, trying to sound confident. But he wasn't at all. And Barnes was still unconscious. Maybe he should reset his priorities and save him first. That was the right thing to do.
So instead of explaining, his arm pointed towards the passed out man.
"Can you find a way to help him?"

Tony's phone rang. And when he picked up, Nate grabbed it and held it onto his ear.
"Hey!", Tony exclaimed, a little shocked, "That's mine, give it back."
But the baby didn't listen. Not a second. He listened to the voice inside the device and then let out an agreeing "Oaaaah".
Tony took the phone with violence, what made the ked scream really loudly.
"No, don't... don't scream...", Tony begged, holding out the keys and rattling them, "Here, you see. Play with those. Don't scream, it's okay..."
Nate reached out for the keys and stopped crying. That man was fun. He gave him everything he wanted just because he screamed.
"Yes, what's up?", Tony asked into the phone, expecting another emergency call.

Harley shivered, when he touched her chest. She looked at him and then sighed.
"Mind control?", she asked, grinning, "My brain is too damaged for that."
She shrugged and gave Loki a small peck on his cheek.
"You can still make me do what you want. As long as it's fun", she told him, smiling. Just that moment J came back and Harley slid over, trying hard to get her boyfriend's attention.
"Go away, I'm busy", the green haired man grumbled and pushed her off the bridge. But she didn't fall far. She pulled herself up again, frowning.
"Puddin' you said when you..."
"That was before I had aplan to rule the world", he interrupted her and looked annoyed.
"We have a plan to rule the world?", she asked, her eyes glittering with anticipation.
"I have a plan. You can take care of my guest here."
"But Puddin', we...."
J turned around and gazed at Harley, his eyes gleaming with anger. She knew what would follow if she kept on contradicting, so she just lowered her gaze and nodded.
"Okay...."
"Good girl", J sighed and looked around. His torture equipment was halfway done by now. At least the gangsters did what he had told them to do.
Good staff was hard to find these days.

Pepper looked at the woman and almost instantly knew she didn't understand. Of course she tried her best to sound like she was supportive but the slight hesitation told the redhead all she needed to know. After all she had made business with more men, who were recusant to do business with her but tried to play it off. There was this small unmistakable silence no-one could hide before they tried to be diplomatic or in this case understanding. She looked at the woman in front of her as she placed her hand on her arm. This time it was her time to stay quiet for a brief moment.
"That's kind of you to say. But I know what people say about him. I've been warned more than once in my life. First it was working for him. Why would such a beautiful and smart woman want to do such a work? He uses you as his personal slave rather than his PA. Then people had things to say about me getting involved with the man behind the public appearance. Afterwards they said I was lucky to get away from him in time. Before what had happened with Steve. Then those judging gazes started again.", she told Laura and continued "I can hear them already talking about me being pregnant. I don't mind that. I really don't. It always had been that way. At best it even makes me smile about how wrong those stories are. But I can see it affect me on different levels."
Pepper looked around in the room and sighed a little. "You know what's actually funny or perhaps quite sad? I know how people say having children puts everything into prospective but all I can think about is Stark Industries. That company has been my baby since what happened in Afghanistan. Happy and I managed most of the things while Obediah went crazy. I just keep thinking about how I cannot manage both the company and a child. So it would leave me with the choice of getting a nanny. But I don't want strangers to take care and raise my...own child. Tony doesn't even know I'm not as ecstatic about this as he is. I just know that it will probably break his heart and make him do stupid things, if he ever finds out about me even considering the possibility of an abortion.", she crinkled her mouth and suddenly felt the need to justify thinking about that option. She had always been the stable person after all and removing the child because of a career sounded bad. Only because she was afraid of losing her job. Losing her position because some people said you couldn't have both as a female. But she had always defied those stigmas men had put on her. Nothing else than a better waitress and secretary to a playboy... His next play toy in bed and what else some men had titled her because they were afraid or too snobby to do business with a woman in control.
"He just left when I told him. I needed space and he left. I didn't want him to leave but he just did. He always does and usually I don't care. But I don't know why it struck home this time. I've always been the one to provide solutions for any troubles. So I found myself googling that. It would be easy and...and a fast, clean solution to this. But I guess this is just another thing to get used to. We can do that...somehow.", Pepper said and mindlessly fumbled with the ring on her finger. It suddenly felt so strange on her ring finger. Things had progressed so fast within the last 24 hours so it was only natural to have doubts, right? But somehow being at this home with a perfect family made it even worse for her. Pepper simply couldn't see herself in Laura's place. Suddenly away from her friends and away from her company. She had worked so hard to be where she was at the moment. She simply wasn't ready to give those things up.
"How..How is it being a mother?", she suddenly asked hoping to lighten a little the mood by changing topic into a more comfortable one.

"That's one way to put it.", she laughed dry as he told her that she always had simply tried to survive. It was true of course but still didn't make her decisions better. After leaving the KGB she had been plagued by nightmares and those had come back by now. It was mere memories, she wasn't sure if they were implanted or real ones.
Natasha almost instantly helped him clean up the kitchen a little. "I would say Laura and I thought so. We even had a bet going on but both of us lost. No offense Clint but you have the habit of wanting to repair even unbroken things. It's just as charming as it is nerve-wracking.", she teased him with a grin but soon lost it as he told her it was her time to cook. "You really want me to cook? We both know Laura will hate us for burning down the rest of this kitchen. Besides remember the last time we were undercover and I cooked? I accidentally knocked you out for a few hours by mistaking a normal recipe with one of the Russian poison once.", she grinned hoping it would spare her from cooking Spaghetti.

Wanda still looked at Vision ignoring Barnes and Rogers in the background. Part of her wanted to go over and hug him but the bigger part kept her distance. She wanted to protect her brother. Despite of somehow knowing that the man wasn't a threat to him and them she stood there almost frozen. As he went to say he made a mistake, she thought he meant locking her up at the Avengers base. But he continued and her heart sank. She had been ready to walk over to him and say it was alright. But he hadn't apologized, so she stood still and looked at the unconscious Barnes.
"I'm not supposed to linger in anyone's thoughts.", she simply stated declining what he wanted her to do. It was none of her business and she didn't want to help Barnes. Wanda didn't know why she was even against Romanoff and Barnes. But something like an urge made her want to work against the two.
"It's okay, Wanda.", Rogers chimed in hoping the witch could help his best friend. "He won't mind. Just...just make him conscious again."
The brunette crinkled her mouth as she shared a glance with her twin before walking over. She hovered her hands above his temples. Instead of pulling up bad memories she tried it with real good ones. It took her a bit but she even erased false ones and slowly tried to wake the man.
"Why is it taking so long?", Steve wanted to know somehow appearing a little untrusting.

"Mister Stark? I know you probably don't want me to constantly call you but...", Peter almost instantly spoke as the beeping noise stopped. He frowned over the baby noise. "Mister Stark?", he asked carefully but after a bit of wait the familiar male voice was on the phone. He cleared his voice and suddenly was unsure of what to say. "Remember that I got shot?", he suddenly spoke and continued "Well, I forgot to tell you why. I was investigating this weird burglary and the odd thing about it is that nothing was stolen. It just looked like one big mess and now it happened a second time. Only that this time it seems real that the first try had been a way of imitating things. Now..they even left a note saying for the Avengers. I didn't know who to tell so I thought I just call you. Again..."

Loki watched the two mortals interact. It was almost comical how the Jester pushed the woman away and she kept crawling back. But in a way it also made him cringe. He might be evil and consider himself so. But there was also a line between evil and insane. The way the man treated this woman was startling him. "So, I understand that the Avengers have taken the bait?", Loki spoke casually as he watched his plan unfold. He even walked over to the crazy blonde who had placed a peck on his cheek to mock him. He offered her a hand to help her stand up.

Panic. Definitely panic was the reason for Pepper's behavior. When she told Laura about all that, it seemed like she was considering leaving Tony again. But not because she didn't love him. She was just tired of the way people were talking about their relationship.
She went on how she couldn't find a solution to solve that problem. What problem? She was pregnant, for hell's sake! Having a child was a change, but not a problem! That woman was definitely different from her. Different in many ways. But maybe reassuring her that she would be able to do it would change her mind...
"Hey, I don't think the company is a problem. There are enough people to help you out, for sure. I mean, I don't really know what that feels like... to be on top of this game. We're on the bottom of the food chain. Farmers, remember?" She smiled. "Clint earns enough for both of us and... Sure I worked too. But then we decided I should stay with the kids and manage the farm."
She looked at Pepper, noticing that she had lost the thread.
"My point is, that you can do that, if you work together. As a team."
She nodded to confirm her words. Pepper went on about how she needed space and why she had thought about the abortion. She sounded so desperate and suddenly she understood why Pepper and Tony fit so well. They were both good at hiding their emotions from each other and they were both trying to make the other one believe they were stable. The fascinating part about that was that it actually worked out most of the time. She shook her head and sighed inside, but when Pepper finally asked her a positive question, a smile spread on her lips.
"It's... like running a company", Laura answered, walking downstairs again, "it starts with a spark, then it turns into a little thing, your whole life changes... and you'll have sleepless nights, wondering if it all works out. But no matter what you do, the child will always love you and look up to you. And that's the difference. A company will never grow up to live on its own... But kids... they give you reason to..."
They stepped out onto the porch and Laura immediately knew that something was wrong. Tony's look was empty, his phone on his ear, he looked at Pepper, as she walked through the door. And Clint was next to him, so was Natasha... She knew that look. It was a job. And she knew damn well what that meant...

When Tony had thanked Peter for the information, he had gotten up and walked into the kitchen. He must have looked really bad, since Clint had asked him what was wrong immediately. He had first taken Nate out of Tony's hands, afraid his former teammate would drop his son out of pure terror. Tony had explained it, everything that Peter had told him. And Clint had looked at Natasha with an asking look. She hadn't really agreed, but still they had followed the Iron Man outside, planning their next step. Steve and Bucky were right behind the barn... but he didn't want them involved. Barnes would only bring trouble and Steve would support him with all his might. About the twins... maybe they were useful. But they were uncontrollable, dangerous, maybe even disloyal. Who knew whose team they played for? One could never be careful enough...
The two men both settled for bad news, as they called their women's names at the same time.
"Pepper...", Tony mumbled, looking down on his shoes, not moving an inch.
"Laura...", Clint said at the same time, exactly the same guilt on his face. Just that he moved toward his wife to take her hand and separate her from the others a little. His look was the same as every time something like this happened.

"Trust her, she can do it...", Vision stated and then looked over to the porch. Something was going on, he could feel it. Something had happened over there. They had all gone quiet all of sudden, standing around and trying to explain something. Another danger? He wasn't sure, but he needed to know. Maybe he could help...? He floated over and looked at Tony, then at Clint and Natasha.
"What happened?", the cyborg asked, turning to his former master out of pure instinct, "Do you need any help?"

Harley grabbed the god's hand and pushed herself back on her feet. She looked at the Joker yearningly. Somewhere deep down there was that lost and plagued soul she had fallen in love with a long time ago. Why did he have to be so friggin narcissistic? And schizophrenic, and psychopathic, and mean? Why did he have to push her away like that? As sign of revenge, she hugged the god and buried her face inside his chest. He smelt good. Like a tree or something. She stayed there for a while, then she went over to hit her Puddin' with the baseball bat. But she didn't do it. He couldn't do anything against it, it was his disease. Well, his diseasES.
"They have", J answered to the god and inspected his torture equipment.
"Harley, baby, why don't you go get some electricity from somewhere?", he grinned, pure innocence in his damaged face, "I gotta do some business here. Promise, you won't be bored afterwards. I'll get you a friend."

Pepper listened to the woman and frowned. "I wouldn't say the bottom of the food chain. More like the secret top. Without farmers none of us would've anything to eat after all.", she tried to point out with a gentle smile. The woman had a point though. There were enough people to help her out: Tony and Happy. Perhaps even her own parents. But still she had never been the one to ask for help but this could be the exception for once... As a team. She frowned they had always been a team with an off dynamic. Even before he became part of the Avengers and the two of them an item. They had been a great team. Something about them simply worked great. So perhaps Laura was right and she once again was thinking too much about things.
The redhead listened to Laura and unconsciously placed her hand on her stomach. It didn't sound too bad after all. Maybe just the change in her life was actually a good thing. Nothing to be afraid of but a good new challenge. It didn't sound too bad after all. She was taking care of the company. So she would be able to take care of a human being for once with someone she loved. Once she stepped out, the small smile on her lips faded as she saw Tony's face. She knew that look, it was the same as he had come home telling her that he had threatened a terrorist and gave him their freaking home address after Happy had been injured.
"Where do you need to go?", she asked matter of factly not even asking questions about what was going on. Pepper knew better than that. It might even be better for her to know as less as possible. Just letting him leave.

Laura looked at her husband and knew it was something. It was the very same way he had came to her because of this ridiculous raft between Rogers and Stark in the beginning. It was the same way he always looked when he told her one more mission before retirement. How many more one last times were to come? She sighed internally and looked at her husband. "What is it, Clint?", she asked him friendly and placed her hand on his upper arm. Part of her was annoyed with her husband's habit to constantly break his promise to finally retire and live with them. It wasn't good for the children to fear for their father after all. Sokovia had made that all to clear and Cooper already seemed to lose his mind with worry. But at the same time she knew that those people needed him almost more desperately than they needed him on this farm. "Where are you going this time?", she asked good natured.

Natasha turned to the cyborg and rose an eyebrow as he offered his help. She still wasn't sure if she should trust Vision or not. He wasn't human after all and hence he wasn't predictable. Humans made mistakes and Natasha was trained to foresee those mistakes. Yet he had come in really handy except for the time he had injured Stark's best friend. Yet something or rather someone seemed to make him human. He cared for the Maximoff twin more than the rest of the former team. Caring for someone was a mistake and even a weakness most of the time. People were better off alone not linked to anyone. Especially in her job. She stayed quiet for a moment as the question obviously wasn't directed to her but both Stark and Barton were busy feeling guilty and trying to explain the current problem. "Someone is challenging the Avengers. So we have to make sure that we're prepared.", she finally explained deciding to trust the cyborg for now.

Wanda looked after Vision and seemed to be distracted for a moment. She frowned as he left again. It was almost strange to see him more or less ignore her. He had been the only one who had tried to make her feel welcome and at home after Pietro had "died". Vision had quickly become her friend and perhaps even more. But things had turned bad way too quickly before they could explore whatever it was. She gave the last push into Barnes's memories to finally make him wake up and get Rogers off her back.

Loki blinked as she went to hug him. Almost reluctantly he placed a hand on her back and patted her awkwardly. He looked down at her with a frown and then back at the Jester. Getting along with the lady didn't seem bad. Perhaps he would be able to form some sort of ally with her. Of course the God of Mischief knew it would take a little. After all she seemed obsessed but showing manners and a helping hand wouldn't be too bad, would it? At least it would be entertaining to watch a drift form between the two. "Are you alright, Miss?", he asked easily faking interest in her well being.
He watched the Jester's lady interact with the maniac. Perhaps he could offer her a day outside these walls. She could help him get the Iron Man woman, Pepper Potts.

Clint sighed and wished he could just say no. But this was a team thing. An Avengers thing. He couldn't just back up and leave the others behind.
"Someone's left us a message. We just have to go find that maniac", he pointed out and still looked guilty. One more job, that was what he had been telling himself over and over again. One more time before he would be there for his family. One more saving the world.
"Laura, I know I keep saying this but... It's... one of the last times. I'll retire, promise. I just... this is..."
He shut his mouth and hugged his wife instead.
"I love you, Laura. Really. And I wanna be that kinda boring husband the kids need...."
He couldn't go on explaining, because Laura interrupted him.

Tony was just scared. He didn't want to leave Pepper alone, not for a second. But what if someone threatened them again? And what if he got hurt, died? Maybe he shouldn't go. Maybe he should stay home, with Pepper. He looked at Vision, as if the man could help him with that decision. He wasn't ready for another mission. He had just lost his best friend- traitor- and the half of his team- family- so how the hell was this supposed to work out? Rhodey was paralyzed, Steve was distracted, Wanda was uncontrollable- a danger... It was only Clint, Natasha- but could she be trusted?-, Vision, him and the kid, Peter. Was that enough to get a villain down? He didn't think so. But on the other hand, did they have a choice but to try? A wise man once had told him: If you have these powers and bad things happen, they happen because you didn't prevent them.
He hugged Pepper tightly and the words came pouring out. About how sorry he was for leaving her alone in this, about how much he loved her and that he would burn his suit after this, about how their lives would change and how he would be there for her, to keep her and the child safe. And of course about the threat, the necessary mission he needed to accomplish. Saving the world for her and for the child.
"Changing the world for a better future...", he mumbled and kissed her ear, "That's what I have to do now..."

Vision saw Wanda's look and wished he had said it. Said that he was sorry about it all and he wished he could show her how ge felt about it. About her. She looked so changed with her brother by her side. Maybe Rogers was right and she had only needed him as some kind of stable point in his life after her brother died. Projection, she felt sympathy for the man who listened to her. Maybe she didn't want him close to her anymore. That thought made his stomach feel uncomfortable. Like someone pressed a stone down his throat. Not that he had ever experienced that feeling, but he assumed that was how it felt.
Then there was another judging look, this time from Romanoff. She was calculable, she would always choose the winner team. No matter what happened. She was a killer with a dominant survival instinct.
So her mischief didn't bother him much. Mr Stark was still angry with him, but he tried not to show it. This team was messed up and he knew that. But he also knew that if the threat should be eliminated, they would have to work together.

Pietro sat inside the barn, hiding from the big convention outside. He really wasn't a fan of that red guy floating around his sister, clearly trying to get her. Whatever it was, he must have hurt her. That much he could tell from the way she reacted. Maybe it was even more than that and he had tried to kill her. When the right moment was there, he would jump at him and punch him against a wall, then tell him to stay away from Wanda. His sister didn't need a... what was that thing even? A plastic human? Sex puppet? Did that thing even have a gender? And if he ate, how did that get out of his...
Pietro shook his head and focused on the scenery outside again. Something had happened. But his ears were too bad to let him understand what the Avengers talked about. So he decided to get closer.

Bucky gasped for air and jumped up. His head felt like shit. Someone had been poking around inside there. And that made him furious. He looked around angrily, his fists clenched. But there was nothing. Just the quiet Barton farm, Wanda and Steve. So what the hell had happened? He couldn't remember a thing. Steve looked really beaten up. His lip was bleeding and he had a black eye. Bucky's first instinct was that someone else had done this and he felt the need to take that loser down, but the way Steve looked at him told stories.
"That... was me, wasn't it?", Bucky asked dryly, looking at his friend, "I snapped again, didn't I?"
Anger, frustration, fear, regret. Those four emotions made a strange mixture, but it just felt shitty. There was no point trying to explain anything... He had beaten up Steve.

Laura listened to her husband. She didn't seem bothered by him leaving again. To be honest she was used to it by now. At first she had been upset with Clint constantly leaving despite of him saying it was his last mission. But she had made it work before and she would do it in the future. She took his promise to retire as some kind of joke by now because she knew it was necessary. He was the necessary link between them - like a dad to the Avengers. That's what she always told their children. That daddy needed to play dad and be somewhat reasonable with them. They understood but that didn't make them worry less about him.
"The kids need a world to live him as well.", she interrupted him and placed her hand on his cheek, "Despite of how the kids react and worry, we all are very proud of you, Clint. They need you and we know that. Sometimes the lot of them comes first and sometimes we come first. That's alright. Just make sure you come back home in one piece, alright?" She looked concerned at him and wrapped her arms around him. "I love you and I don't want to become a widow. Understood? If so, I'm gonna hunt your sorry butt down and drag you back from afterlife!", she looked serious at him like it was the last thing she would agree on discussing. She leaned forward to kiss him and reassure him it was alright.

Pepper felt the nervous energy from her fiancé. She knew something was off even before Laura had left with Clint. The guilty and worried gaze from Tony. He looked at Vision like he held all the answers, Tony was searching for. That was until he hugged her tight. She stroked his back and hugged him back, kissing his cheek. "Tony...", she sighed. Ever since what has happened with Killian. She understood that Iron Man was necessary and more than an annoying hobby of his. It was necessary for Tony to stay sane and the world needed him. He had made himself irreplaceable.
"I know... And you will do that amazingly just like everything else you do.", she whispered back and closed her eyes as he kissed her ear. "We do it as always. I take care of things at home and the company and you manage everything else. We're good at that and a child shouldn't change that. It's just one more thing for me to take care of, alright?" She leaned back to glance at him. To make sure he understood. Perhaps she should behave worried like she was worried for both the child and him. But in truth she wasn't. She knew despite of Tony may act he was perfectly fine with handling such situations and the child was safe with her, wasn't it?

Wanda watched Barnes jump up. For a moment her softer side came out as her brother didn't seem to be anywhere near. "I can help.", she offered and continued "Help with the confusing memories to distinguish the wrong ones." She looked at the brunette man unsure if he would actually agree with her to get into his head. But perhaps...perhaps she could help him with those episodes of the Winter Soldier. So he would remember faster about what was really going on instead of fighting the one person who genuinely seemed to want to help him.

Steve looked grim at James. As much as he wanted to protect the man, he also knew keeping the truth from him wouldn't help anybody. It would most likely just drive him even more away. The blond wiped some blood of his face and glanced at Bucky and shrugged. "Well, I probably should've been more careful searching for you after Natasha came back.", he said as it would explain everything that happened to his face. He took half the blame of what had happened and he almost instantly knew Bucky most likely wouldn't have any of it.

"Yes, Ma'am", Clint answered and got interrupted by her kiss. It felt good to have her close, though Nathaniel, who was still on Clint's arm, protested a little.
It didn't really feel like a goodbye kiss, more like a pleading for him to stay. Maybe he misinterpreted that, though. Because he didn't want to leave himself. He knew that they all worried about him, he knew that Cooper had nightmares about him disappearing, he knew that Laura had a lot of work on her own. And he really wanted his family to be whole. A team, like the former Avengers. Now he left one team to fix another. Ironic. Like rain on your wedding day.
Nate pushed Laura away from Clint and held out his arms so his parents would understand that he wanted to change location from Clint to Laura. Clint handed him over and smiled bitterly.
"Even he gets what's going on", he grumbled, a little sad that his children would never see him as a constant thing in their lives.
Cooper drove over with his bike and looked at his father.
"Are you leaving again?", he asked, angrily and a little sad, "You promised you'll stay with us, Dad. You promised!"
Clint looked up at Laura, then back at his son.
"Coops, listen....", he tried to explain, "There are people out there... people who wanna destroy the world, build up their own empire. We gotta protect our way of living. Our world. Otherwise thousands of people get hurt... You get that, right?"
Cooper nodded slowly, but he didn't seem convinced. Clint looked at Laura, begging for help.

Tony still clung onto Pepper, not ready to let go yet. He wasn't ready at all. This was too much and he knew it. If there had been a chance to let it be, he would have taken it. But there wasn't. He finally let go and put his hand on Pepper's tummy. He pulled out his phone and sent a text to Happy. If he wasn't there, at least her bodyguard would be.
He took a deep breath, subconsciously waiting for Steve to give the command to get moving.
"Let's go, folks."
Tony gritted his teeth and looked at his small team.
"C'mon people, let's get it over with", he sighed and moved to the car. Not all of them could fly and he would not- under any circumstances- let Clint or Natasha drive his car.
"We have to pick up the spider and then find the crime scenes", he said, as the others got inside the car. He halfway expected Steve to protest, but he was too busy staring at his new lover.

She could help? Help that guy? Why would she help him? What had happened in that time he had been dead? Why was Wanda acting like all those people were her friends? They had worked together, but that didn't make them a family. They had used her, locked her up and made her fight their battle. She could have been killed out there. Moreover, that plastic human acted like Wanda and him had some kind of romantic relationship. Was that a thing? Him and her? He couldn't imagine that.
And just the way that Vision looked at Stark... like he was his keeper.... gross.
But what did his sister do? Offering her help to a stranger. Or wasn't he?

Bucky looked at Steve, then at Wanda. Maybe he needed them. Maybe he needed help in general. Well, he didn't happen to be the most stable part of this friendship lately. He waited for Steve to say something. He didn't like the feeling of his thoughts being invaded. But maybe this was different. Maybe this was good. He didn't know for sure, but what kept him from trying? If it went wrong... well, he would kill them all, hopefully spare Steve and then go back to HYDRA, be put on ice and forget. So what could possibly go wrong. He looked at the girl. Steve seemed to trust her. Really trust her. So maybe he should do it too.
On the other side of the garden, a car drove off, leaving a cloud of fumes and dust. Where were they all heading? Why was Barton leaving his family behind? What was going on...?

Clint sat in the back seat of the car, but his thoughts were back home. He wondered if he had taken the right decision leaving them behind another time. Who could be sure this wasn't another suicide mission? Another thing for Laura to worry about? Of he got injured, who would rebuild the kitchen? Who would fix everything and take care of the kids? Laura would. And she really deserved a break.
"When this is over, I'll fly to the Bahamas with Laura and the kids. We'll make a real vacation", he stated out of the blue, looking at Natasha, who was right next to him. He had convinced her to join, to save the world.
"Come on, we haven't kicked ass in some time."
Tony nodded.
"Sounds good, we'll go on vacation too. Honeymoon", the genius smiled, "But that's gotta wait now..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back