Advice/Help Recruiting players?

Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II

Hey! I read over your post. The idea sounds intriguing, even if it's not really my style of rp.

Your problem, I think, lies in the fact that you aren't very clear on what you want in/out of the rp. First of all, your plot sort of runs directly into your rules, and as a reader, I didn't know we were moving onto rules/what you want until I'd already read a paragraph into it. I would suggest separating them better, or putting a heading or something up there to distinguish to the reader what part of the interest check they're in.

Second, is this a sandbox plot? Character driven? Plot driven? Unless I missed it (which is possible), I'm not sure. Different people are attracted to different types of rps, so you should be clear about what you want.

Those are my suggestions! Hope this helps!

Krefarus Krefarus it's true that it doesn't have a huge audience, but there are some out there.

That said, I took the liberty of checking out your thread and two things stood out to me:

1. Your interest check's layout is far from the best. You didn't sell me an RP, you dumped a bunch of information and then asked players to pick a side. You didn't give any information about how your RP would work, much less about what about that RP anyone should care about or find excitement in.

2. According to the post's posting time, you made that post TODAY. Most threads don't just pick up immediately, especilly when they center on topics or niches with less popularity. So there's no need to already be despairing, just be a little patient. It will not guarantee that you will get peeps, but you shouldn't rush to conclusions before so much as giving it a day.

There are a couple other things I had a few issues with, but those in general reflect what needs to be said, I'd argue. This ain't the place for a full review anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back