• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Recruiting for a Fantasy Setting

Which Type of RP

• Quest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • War

• Mercenaries

• Total voters

Tugboats

Capsized Captain's Cap
I have a half-baked idea for a roleplay setting and I'd like to hear a few ideas or opinions that people have.

Setting

As far as setting goes, it will be mostly based in a newly-formed nation in a fantasy world. There would be four fairly large and distinct provinces, but in the middle is a city that serves as the seat of the government. The government would be a council of officials chosen from the people of their lands.

The provinces would be separated by matters of both race and their different environments.

West

In the west are the Human lands. They are mostly plains with the occasional forest. The humans str

prone to racism to others who come into their lands. Their economy is made up of many farmers that once traded with the separated nations.

The smaller villages were used to being mostly self-sufficient, and handled feeding their people, repairing the village, and any other work that needed to be done before. The new government, in an attempt to bring friendlier relations to the others, have merged their farms and have pushed them to move from subsistence to commercial farming. This has angered old farm owners, and many Humans wish for a return to separated nations.

The towns were typically trade hubs, and much of the government's action within their lands has been beneficial to the people of the larger settlements. With the merging, other races have moved to some of the Humans' larger towns, but the villages remain almost entirely human.

East

To the eastern part are the elves. The land is very forested, and many Elven tribes seek to be "one with nature." In contrast, there are the ones from the larger settlements. Many of them see the tribes as uncivilized and refuse to take the tribal Elves seriously. The larger settlements have done a great deal of logging, much to the dismay of the tribes. Fights between Elves of cities and tribes have happened on and off throughout the years.

The Elves are slightly taller than humans, their average height being about 4 inches taller than the human average. They are also often skinnier than their human equivalents. They consider themselves the best race of the four, and many Elves believe they are disgracing their ancestors by dealing with the other races.

South

The southern part of the country is mostly desert and mountains. The land is inhospitable to be settled in most places, and other then the scattered Oasis Towns, the land is entirely empty of people. Underneath, however, are the sprawling tunnels of the Dwarves. Many Dwarves spend the entirety of their lives underground, either as miners, smelters, or craftspeople. They are a short and stocky people, their average height being only four and a half feet.

The Dwarves have made the weapons, tools, and assorted metal items for all the country for their entire lives. In return, they get goods they are unable to get beneath the ground. The uniting of the regions didn't phase the Dwarves, and they haven't required any push to trade with the other peoples of the country. In the decision on whether or not to united, the Dwarven representative is quoted saying, "If it isn't going to stop us from mining and smithing, then we're in."

North

To the north is a land of snow and ice. The only people who wanted to take the lands were the Amazons, an all-female race that averages at 7 feet in height. Most amazons value strength above anything else. They live lives up to three times as long as the other races, and are able to mate with a male from any of them. The Amazons trade in furs, hides, and any fish they manage to get from the icy waters.

The Amazons live mostly in small, nomadic groups. A few have settled down in some of the less harsh, southern areas. As one moves farther north, the average size of the Amazons seems to get larger and larger, and one explorer says he met an amazon nearly 11 feet tall. This is unheard of, as the very largest, tend not to be taller than 9 feet tall.

Eldoll

The central city is the seat of the country's government. Its size is over twice that of even the largest of other cities. Before becoming one nation, Eldoll was a city-state that typically took in trade from all of the regions, then sent it where it needed to go. Now it serves a similar purpose. The city is a mixing pot of all the races, which has caused harmony with some, and anti-race movements with others. A great deal of the city is wealthy, but doesn't overrun the stifling poverty in certain areas.

---------------------------------------------------

Any questions, comments, ideas, or interest in this setting? Please let me know! I'd like to get a Roleplay going in this setting soon.

It seems interesting, for sure! The only problem you might have is an influx of members wanting to be located in one area, such as the west or east. Perhaps it would be a better idea to have other races able to exist in other places, but have some races distinctly from a particular area. If that makes any sense. I could clarify if need be - but this is merely a suggestion.

I guessed that most people would be humans or elves, but I intend, at least for the first time I use the setting, to start things out in Eldoll, which will make more sense as for multiple races being in the group. After that I can move in time a bit to see. I want to experiment with the early setting first, though.

I would love to be part of this roleplay. Assuming the races aren't like, locked into their regions, I can see many ideas for either traveller characters or even hermits. I hope I can be someone who can help develop the plot of this setting, and also take part in a role play :3

Once I see a few opinions, I'll move into the more fantasy-type things like creatures and magic, which I believe I have a unique idea for.

Alright, it's been a little while. I sort of forgot about updating this. But, better late than never, right?

As far as magic goes, the idea is to split it into two different kinds of magic.

Blessings

Blessings would be your support-type magic. This is where you would be getting your healing and buffing magic that is seen. Rather than running off an energy system, these powers would simply have a cooldown. For example, you could have an Enchanted Armor blessing that could only be used every 3 in-game days. These spells are blessing in that they come from the very real worshiped figures of the world.

Spells

Spells, unlike blessings, would not have a cooldown system to run off of. Instead, they take energy from the individual. Not any kind of energy is able to be used, as only certain individuals are able to use magic. This is where you get your fireballs, lightning blasts, and things of that nature. Spells, however, are deemed evil by the religious figures of the worlds, and many of the people who use this magic find themselves persecuted against.

--------------------

I hope people are still interested in this setting, since I would like to get a roleplay of some kind off the ground in this setting by the end of the year.

Bump.

Insecticon said:
I am interested in joining this. :)
Do you have some idea in which direction you want the plot to go?
I have a few ideas on where the plot can be taken.

The first is somewhat of a Quest. A group meets up and goes on an adventure to stop evil or something like that. Nothing too confusing, allows for exploring the world a bit.

The second would be that the nation formed due to a chance of war. This war comes and the races, now united, fight under the same banner. It would probably follow a multi-race squad, and look into dynamics between races, while not necessarily showing much of the world, as they would likely be on the front line.

The third is something more unique I think. All the players would be controlling a mercenary. The mercenaries would become stronger by training and such, and also by doing jobs and buying equipment. This would most likely be dice-based, and fairly time-consuming for me and those who join. If there is interest in this, I'll flesh out more details, but I think that either of the other two would be a better test run.

I'd like to see which of these people would be more interested in before I start, so I'm putting a poll up.

I'd be very much interested in joining in on this!

Seems like a really cool idea and I'd love to see how it all unfolds :)

Based on the only votes, I'll assume people want to do the quest-type setting. I'll start doing some story planning if all goes well, it should be up late tonight or tomorrow night.

I'm potentially interested, but I'll wait to see the thread and some of the characters before deciding whether or not to commit :)

I can't help but notice that there haven't been any signups. I'm waiting to fill in a gap that may exist in the party, so I won't be posting a character yet. I'll put up an example soon though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back