TV & Film Recommend me dark shows

Yo, I need new shows to watch while I wait for new Gotham's episodes to come out. I really like dark shit like Gotham is my favorite show. AHS is pretty good S2 being my favorite as well which is dark you know murderers and shit, no anime or cartoons keep it real I don't watch that shit. By the way been thinking about watching Teen Wolf, Riverdale, and From Dusk till Dawn, if anyone knows anything about those shows and wants to tell me how good they are and why I should watch them but other than that suggest the fuck out of some good dark shows.
And dark meaning psychological,murderers,drama,villains ect. Oh, and movies are chill as well if you wanna suggest some too.

Black Mirror is insanely good. Each episode is standalone story (usually lasting around 40 minutes) set in either the near-future or a slightly-altered version of the present, and each episode satirizes the way we live our modern lives (particularly when it comes to dealing with technology). The show itself is extremely dark and twisted, and deals with heavy psychological themes that are pertinent to people today. I really recommend just giving the first episode a try. You can find the series on Netflix or other sites if you don't have Netflix (I was able to find and watch it on Dailymotion).

On the note of Teen Wolf - it's definitely worth the watch. It's not exactly as dark as AHS (season 2, really?) but it makes up for that with an abundance of comedy, werewolves, kitsune and creepy happenings. If you make it to season 5 then shit gets real dark - real quick.

Venom Adhamm Venom Adhamm I've actually watched a few episodes of that show and what I saw were definitely good. Are they all good quality? I just read the descriptions of some and watched a few that sounded interesting to me. I watched one about a guy getting blackmailed from whacking one off and being watched from his webcam, one about people worrying about their ratings or something, and one about a VR type thing where the dude dies, they were all pretty damn good though plus I like technology a lot.

PanOtterPus PanOtterPus Alright, I'll give it a shot and try to last that long, do you know how many seasons there are and how many episodes are involved in each?
They're showing the 6th season at the minute - there's 5 on Netflix and the number of eps is usually 12 at 40 mins each. Season 3 ended up having 24 episodes, but I think its because it had a MUCH bigger story to it anyway. My favourite season so far actually.

PanOtterPus PanOtterPus The reason I had an interest in the show to begin with was because I was watching fandom MV's and I saw this dude I forgot his name already but he looked badass. Some pale dude with dark hair, he looked like he would have that dark tone I like in characters. Five seasons isn't bad though at all especially for about 12 eps mainly each season.

PanOtterPus PanOtterPus The reason I had an interest in the show to begin with was because I was watching fandom MV's and I saw this dude I forgot his name already but he looked badass. Some pale dude with dark hair, he looked like he would have that dark tone I like in characters. Five seasons isn't bad though at all especially for about 12 eps mainly each season.
I wanna say either Tyler Hoechlin (who I will admit is a badass) or Dylan O'Brien (who, thanks to TW, I now have an obsession with). Yeah, they keep the main plot changing through each season too, so all the side stories continue while the main one has some major progress.

PanOtterPus PanOtterPus IT'S DEFINITELY Dylan O'Brien I MEANT THE NAME OF HIS CHARACTER THOUGH he is good lookin though GHAT DAMN aint nothin more better than life then a hot dude who's also a bad guy in shows or movies.

PanOtterPus PanOtterPus IT'S DEFINITELY Dylan O'Brien I MEANT THE NAME OF HIS CHARACTER THOUGH he is good lookin though GHAT DAMN aint nothin more better than life then a hot dude who's also a bad guy in shows or movies.
Well, his name in the show is Stiles, and he's definitely my favourite. I have to admit - he's on the good side (but (without giving away too much) dark stiles does come out to play).
And if you like hot guys, then it's DEFINITELY for you xD Everyone in the show is good looking - there's even hot twins ffs. Ugh it's just so good. I need a fan.

PanOtterPus PanOtterPus Don't worry, I know he's good and gets bad that's what I get for unhealthy MV watching BUT MAN I LOVE ME SOME FANDOM MVS SHITS GOOD. I like good lookin people but I don't get into them unless they have an interesting ass personality in the show preferably badass one's or dark. You seen Gotham by any chance?

PanOtterPus PanOtterPus Don't worry, I know he's good and gets bad that's what I get for unhealthy MV watching BUT MAN I LOVE ME SOME FANDOM MVS SHITS GOOD. I like good lookin people but I don't get into them unless they have an interesting ass personality in the show preferably badass one's or dark. You seen Gotham by any chance?
Oh believe me - the best ones all have good stories to them xD
I actually haven't, been meanin to though.

PanOtterPus PanOtterPus THAN IT'S ALREADY A GOOD SHOW TO ME.
Shit dude, it's so good. Season two is where it's really juicy and you get introduced to the best character in the universe which is Jerome well you get introduced in season one but it's not in depth at fucking all season 2 and season 3 is his spotlight, I wont spoil anything. I'm not sure what character's you're into like what personality you really like in yours but it focuses mainly on the villains in Batman which by the way I didn't have a huge interest in Batman until I watched this show I was HOOKED, it's really dark and just MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM if you want a link I can provide in a PM, I started watching it on Netflix but Netflix fucking sucks in my opinion, they just don't update often enough and are very slow.

PanOtterPus PanOtterPus THAN IT'S ALREADY A GOOD SHOW TO ME.
Shit dude, it's so good. Season two is where it's really juicy and you get introduced to the best character in the universe which is Jerome well you get introduced in season one but it's not in depth at fucking all season 2 and season 3 is his spotlight, I wont spoil anything. I'm not sure what character's you're into like what personality you really like in yours but it focuses mainly on the villains in Batman which by the way I didn't have a huge interest in Batman until I watched this show I was HOOKED, it's really dark and just MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM if you want a link I can provide in a PM, I started watching it on Netflix but Netflix fucking sucks in my opinion, they just don't update often enough and are very slow.
Well I do love me some Batman! (I mean seriously, you should see the collection -.-) I'll probably just start it on Netflix and see how I get on - currently making my way through Dexter <3

PanOtterPus PanOtterPus I've always liked Batman's villains plus it's dark atmosphere and ways of Gotham, I've always been a Marvel person though even if it is lighter. I do really like Ben Affleck's Batman though, I personally liked BvS a lot again, it's dark. Justice League movie is gonna be badass, can't wait. AND IF YOU LIKE BATMAN WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T YOU WATCHED IT YET, it's so good better than any of the solo Batman movies to me, none of the solo Batman movies ever really caught my attention. I love figurines and comic books though and collecting them BUT HOLY FUCK THEY GET SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE for the good ones, trust me though I'd throw all my damn money at figurines and statues ect. when I start making money which is going to be bad BUT OH WELL. Alright, well Netflix only has 2 seasons I think, no telling how long it's gonna take for them to put up 3 that's why I said fuck this and went to find a good site to watch it on that update it as soon as the episodes come out on television UNLIKE SHITFLIX.

iloverplolxxx iloverplolxxx First thing I have to disagree on xD I hated Ben Affleck's Batman, and really didn't enjoy BvS. I ADORE the Tim Burton Batman films, and Tim Burton films in general. I haven't watched it because I've had too much to watch x3

Penny Dreadful

It was streaming on Netflix the last time I checked.

And, if you happen across it, the old HBO show Carnival is also an excellent choice for dark and spooky shit.

Venom Adhamm Venom Adhamm I've actually watched a few episodes of that show and what I saw were definitely good. Are they all good quality? I just read the descriptions of some and watched a few that sounded interesting to me. I watched one about a guy getting blackmailed from whacking one off and being watched from his webcam, one about people worrying about their ratings or something, and one about a VR type thing where the dude dies, they were all pretty damn good though plus I like technology a lot.

I honestly couldn't tell you, as I haven't seen every episode yet. You'll just have to watch them yourself and form your own opinion.

Season 1 & 2 of The Killing is pretty awesome. If you like detective-type intense crime stuffs.

I love the tone of Gotham. It feels like they blended the campy fun of Adam West's Batman with the gothic aesthetics of the 1989 Batman pretty seamlessly.

On Netflix:
Spoopynatural, of course, though everyone pretty much knows about this one.
3% is some pretty good dark sci-fi in the vein of Black Mirror.
iZombie, Lost Girl, and Sense8 are all pretty dark.
Being Human is pretty dark and campy. There's both a British original and American adaptation; I've only seen the adaptation.
Dark Matter is kinda like a grimdark version of Firefly. I think it takes itself a little too seriously, but I like the character building.

I can't recommend a show per se, but I can recommend two concept albums.
Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon deals with greed, mental illness, and the like very effectively.
Queensryche's Operation explores the life of heroin junkie Nikki as he rises through the ranks of a revolutionary political organization as a brainwashed hitman and his love for a fellow member of the organization, a (former?) prostitute named Sister Mary.

I think Hannibal deserves a mention here. Graphic scenes of murder, torture, deep psychological trauma, dismembered corpses, rampant cannibalism, all in a prime time network slot. Shit was fucked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back