Anime & Manga Recommend me a good anime to watch!

If no one has said it yet

Outlaw Star, it's about space pirates. It's awesome, not super long but really good. It's one of the older ones that came out around the time of DBZ and it has that sort of drawing style, but it's really cool.

And has some neat tech... really liked the ships (ftl drive concept) and weapons, especially the "caster". Put a bit of "maji-tech" in with that.

Last edited:
How. Has. Nobody. Said. Soul Eater?!

S O U L E A T E R.

I'm sorry I'm really obsessed with this anime right now, it's really good and you'll probably fall in love with some of the characters if you haven't already seen it.

The Promised Neverland was really good, I watched that recently. Psychological thrillers are my favorite.

An oldie but a goodie is Puella Magi Madoka Magica (the original one), which is a classic magical girl anime. If you haven't watched it, I'd really recommend it, even if you're not typically into magical girls. The artwork design of the enemies is top tier. Just promise me you'll watch up to the end of episode 3.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica (the original one)
Ah Madoka Magica! That was actually my first anime! I was 10 and episode 3 kinda scarred me for a while but the anime overall is so good! The character designs, the plot, the pacing, the voice actors, the set design, everything is on point.
As for the new anime "side story" we got this year... when we (the fandom, collectively) asked for more of the anime, that wasn't what we meant. I watched some of it on funimation but it really isn't worth your time.. the original is better imo

AmatsuOtaku said:
Ah Madoka Magica! That was actually my first anime! I was 10 and episode 3 kinda scarred me for a while but the anime overall is so good! The character designs, the plot, the pacing, the voice actors, the set design, everything is on point.
As for the new anime "side story" we got this year... when we (the fandom, collectively) asked for more of the anime, that wasn't what we meant. I watched some of it on funimation but it really isn't worth your time.. the original is better imo

God yeah, it's so good! It's one of my genuine favorites, and I rewatch it pretty frequently. The Rebellion movie is also so beautiful art and direction-wise, I can't hate it. I do agree about Magia Record, I mean... I started watching it while it was coming out, but I think I dropped it around Episode 5. I might binge watch it someday. Hopefully, we get a continuation of the main story sometime soon.

God yeah, it's so good! It's one of my genuine favorites, and I rewatch it pretty frequently. The Rebellion movie is also so beautiful art and direction-wise, I can't hate it. I do agree about Magia Record, I mean... I started watching it while it was coming out, but I think I dropped it around Episode 5. I might binge watch it someday. Hopefully, we get a continuation of the main story sometime soon.
I dropped watching Magia Record around episode 9 or something, because I was watching it as it came out and couldn't access the next episodes that hadn't yet aired. It's okay-ish, just doesn't really hold your attention like the original does. There's too many characters to keep track of, it just became confusing. Baby Kyubey is a plus though

AmatsuOtaku said:
I dropped watching Magia Record around episode 9 or something, because I was watching it as it came out and couldn't access the next episodes that hadn't yet aired. It's okay-ish, just doesn't really hold your attention like the original does. There's too many characters to keep track of, it just became confusing. Baby Kyubey is a plus though

Agreed, the original just sucks you in and doesn't let go. Once stuff gets good, it gets good. Magia Record seemed oddly disjointed, and it didn't engage me as much.

This is just off the top of my head 😅

My Hero Academia
Demon Slayer
Fire Force
DR Stone
That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime
The Rising of the Shield Hero
Black Clover
Angels of Death
Fruits Basket
No game no life
The wise man’s grandson
[Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon
Sword oratoria (Sword Oratoria first then Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls)]
A death march to a parallel world rhapsody
Soul Eater
Another
Corpse Party
Shiki
Attack on Titan
Black Butler
Deadman Wonderland
Fullmetal Alchemist
Death Note
Death Parade
Danganronpa
Naruto and Naruto Shippuden
One Punch Man
Ajin DemiHuman
B the Beginning
Tokyo Ghoul
Haikyuu
Ouran High school Host Club
Darker than Black
Black Lagoon
Darwin's Game
Future Diary
ID Invaded
Stand My Heroes
How Heavy are the Dumbells you Lift?
Gamers
Angel Beats
BOFURI

BNA: Brand New Animal- A good new anime brought to you by the one and only Studio Trigger. It is 12 episodes long, and about a young girl who lives in a world where people can turn into animals, or "Beastmen". One day she gets transformed into a Tanuki and escapes to the famed "Anima City" in order to find a cure. Along the way, she makes friends with a hardened Wolf detective, and they both work together to uncover various crimes in the city. Think of it as Furry Zootopia, way more Zootopia than Beastars is, in my opinion, because it's definitely a lot more chilled out then Beastars was.

Tower of God: A new anime that's actually one of the very first Webtoon originals to be animated for television. It's about a young boy named Bam who follows his friend Rachel into the depths of a mysterious Tower where everyone inside competes with one another in order to reach the top, where it's said something amazing waits for whoever makes it. On his journey, he has to take a series of tests with other people in order to show that he is worthy of advancing upward in the tower. It's 13 episodes long, and a real treat.

Appare-Ranman: A *very* good breath of fresh air this anime season that was sadly pushed back due to COVID. Its an anime set in the early 19th century about a motor race across America. The story stars a very apathetic Japanese inventor, his friend a very straight-laced samurai who refuses to give up on his family's traditions despite the changing cultural climate, and a young Native American boy looking for someone he desperately needs to find. It is, at its core, Anime Wacky-races and it's absolutely amazing. It is also, sadly, only 3 episodes long so far because of the pandemic pushing production back.

Devilman Crybaby
Deadman Wonderland
Elfen Lied
Ninja Scroll (movie)
Demon city Shinjuku (also a movie)
Hellsing Ultimate
Paranoia Agent
Fooly Cooly
Akame Ga Kill
Goblin Slayer
Rise of the Shield Hero
Afro Samurai
Shimoneta: A world without dirty jokes (funniest anime Ive ever seen)

Tenacious D made a MS paint movie. Go watch that

How. Has. Nobody. Said. Soul Eater?!

S O U L E A T E R.

I'm sorry I'm really obsessed with this anime right now, it's really good and you'll probably fall in love with some of the characters if you haven't already seen it.

I just finished watching it like like week or something like that and I agree, it is easy for you to fall in love with the characters. For me, i really enjoyed Black Star and Maka.

The scene where they're all playing basketball and if Maka's team loses she has to ask her dad out on a date was so cute lmao. (Anyone else love how japanese people say date? DATE-O)

I’ve got a good list. And a new anime coming out next week.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record
That time I got reincarnated into a slime
Overlord
Seven Deadly Sins
B the beginning (Netflix)
Lucky Star
Nichijou
Himouto Umaru-Chan
Soul Eater
Shugo Chara
Chio-Chan’s School Road
Isekai Quartet

Jujutsu Kaisen is currently airing every Friday America time on Crunchyroll and is at episode 3, the manga has been my obsession since it started publishing in 2018. It's a darker/realistic toned shonen that takes some of the typical tropes (main character has a monster/the bad guy inside them, gets recruited to a school to fight curses) but uses them really well. It starts out lighthearted but don't let that trick you. The animation is also just wonderful, studio Mappa is doing a great job so far.

Dorohedoro is awesome. It's got a very intriguing atmosphere with some really unique world building!

No one has said Kakegurui! Is a really good anime with a few darker parts but the basic plot is it is about a school based on gambling. Really good show honestly!

No one has said Kakegurui! Is a really good anime with a few darker parts but the basic plot is it is about a school based on gambling. Really good show honestly!
I actually forgot this thread existed and got started on Kill La Kill! ... And then got distracted by SPOP again haha but Kakegurui is definitely on my list

I'll try to do ones nobody has posted yet.
Juuni Taisen
Cute High Earth Defense Club Love!
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions
Dorohedoro
Gurren Lagann
Avengers: Disc Wars
Castlevania
Brand New Animal
Tiger & Bunny
Black Lagoon
Record of Ragnarok
Hellsing Ultimate