Anime & Manga Recommend me a good anime to watch!

CookieCrim

Tired Writer
Hi there! I've been finding myself getting pretty bored lately and doing the exact same things to keep myself busy, so I'd love to start watching some more anime. The only thing is, I don't really know which ones are currently popular and have active fanbases that I'd enjoy watching.

If you could recommend me some to watch that would be great!!

Made in abyss. An amazing and beautifully animated anime. There is also the manga available for free. I wholly recommend watchin it if ya got amazon prime. If ya got hulu, Assassination classroom is pretty dope as well.

What kind of genres are you into?

Hey-ho!

I got some really good anime for you to watch!

I'll go ahead and list a few of my favorites/some underrated anime! (Tower of God on crunchyroll is amazing, one of my new favorite animes, it's a new anime and only has like 5 episodes though!)

Hunter x Hunter (Starts out slow, but gradually gets really good!)
Kill la Kill
Re:Zero
Kaguya-Sama: Love is War
Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon? (REALLY GOOD IMO)
Darling in the Franxx (Really good art animation imo)
The Promised Neverland
Another
Erased
Charlotte
Classroom of the Elite
Assassination Classroom
Bungo Stray Dogs
Twin Star Exorcists
Assassins Pride
Somali and the Forest Spirit
GATE
Steins;Gate
Dr. Stone
Konosuba
Fire Force
That time I got reincarnated as a slime (way better than the title of the anime might portray)
Wise Mans Grandchild
Overlord (Season 3 is awesome)
Darwin's Game
and I recommend giving Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan a rewatch because, yes, they might be overhyped but they're still worth a rewatch (considering you've already watched them).

I know thats a big list, but you've probably already seen a lot on there. I hope I helped a little nonetheless!
My top picks: Hunter x Hunter, Re:Zero, Promised Neverland, Steins;Gate, and Somali and the Forest Spirit.

I can't believe nobody has recommended One Punch Man yet. I can't recommend it enough. It's a superpowered comedy set in today's time. The characters are incredibly well written and humorous and the animation is top notch.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is also a hilarious watch. I loved the originality of the entire show from its art style to its creative concepts. My recommendations definitely lean more into the action genre - I'm not sure where your preference lies but maybe they are interesting for you to look into. Both shows are currently running on Netflix in case that is relevant for you.

Hey-ho!

I got some really good anime for you to watch!

I'll go ahead and list a few of my favorites/some underrated anime! (Tower of God on crunchyroll is amazing, one of my new favorite animes, it's a new anime and only has like 5 episodes though!)

Hunter x Hunter (Starts out slow, but gradually gets really good!)
Kill la Kill
Re:Zero
Kaguya-Sama: Love is War
Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon? (REALLY GOOD IMO)
Darling in the Franxx (Really good art animation imo)
The Promised Neverland
Another
Erased
Charlotte
Classroom of the Elite
Assassination Classroom
Bungo Stray Dogs
Twin Star Exorcists
Assassins Pride
Somali and the Forest Spirit
GATE
Steins;Gate
Dr. Stone
Konosuba
Fire Force
That time I got reincarnated as a slime (way better than the title of the anime might portray)
Wise Mans Grandchild
Overlord (Season 3 is awesome)
Darwin's Game
and I recommend giving Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan a rewatch because, yes, they might be overhyped but they're still worth a rewatch (considering you've already watched them).

I know thats a big list, but you've probably already seen a lot on there. I hope I helped a little nonetheless!
My top picks: Hunter x Hunter, Re:Zero, Promised Neverland, Steins;Gate, and Somali and the Forest Spirit.
Thanks so much for the recommendations! I've seen some of them but watching the ones I haven't seen is gonna keep me busy for a while now xD

I highly recommend Beastars on netflix, it's a great series!
You may also want to watching A Silent Voice which I think it also on netflix, its a tear jerker.
A few others would be:
Mob Psycho 100
Your Lie in April
Violet Evergarden
Made in Abyss (Highly recommend)
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (It's hilarious and one of the newer ones that came out this season)
Berserk (If you enjoy dark fantasy with an over abundance in gore) *Not the 2016 version

If you don't mind laughing your ass off at the drop of a hat, I'd suggest Food Wars (Shokugeki no Souma). Since quarantine started, I've been able to zip through the series, and even though I've suppressed the hunger pangs I got when I first started watching, it's fun to watch!

My recommendations:

Kino's Journey

The Last Exile

A Certain Magical Index

A Certain Scientific Railgun

You're Under Arrest

One Stormy Night/Arashi No Yoru Ni (the series, not the movie, though the movie's good)... if you're looking for a little fun.

If you really enjoyed Cowboy Bebop, then you should check out Space Dandy. At first glance it might seem like a parody of Bebop and the genre, but it's definitely its own thing that's a fun watch. (I'm also gonna admit, I actually watched Space Dandy before Cowboy Bebop) Also, nearly every episode has a different Director, Writer, and Animation Director, making each episode feel unique.

I've also really enjoyed Durarara!! and Blood Blockade Battlefront/Kekkai Sensen. Both anime are completely unrelated, but have similar settings and ideas, both focusing on a young man trying to adapt to life in the big city, only to get caught up in something greater, involving otherworldly beings and humans with incredible powers. Whereas Durarara!! features gang wars, a demon sword, and a headless motorcyclist, BBB has monsters (vampires, werewolves, mermen), aliens, and weapons made from blood.

Seirei no Moribito
Uchuu Kyoudai
Mushishi
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun
Barakamon
Baccano!

Somali and the Forest Spirit (wholesome father daughter anime)
Made in Abyss (artwork is cute, the story is super interesting and full of adventure and intrigue, but it gets dark)
Violet Evergarden (very deep and did make me cry a few times but super solid storytelling)
Asobe Asobase (comedy anime, very crazy and fun!)

If no one has said it yet

Outlaw Star, it's about space pirates. It's awesome, not super long but really good. It's one of the older ones that came out around the time of DBZ and it has that sort of drawing style, but it's really cool.

Does Studio Ghibi count? If it does, I would love for people to check out Ponyo. It's an oldie, but a real goodie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back