• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ReAwakened: Magic's Peril

Dragon Slayer Arcos

End All Life; Embrace Silence
So I am not sure if I want to do this as a group or as a 1x1. I think I will see if there is any interest here first. Just the plot points as well, before working out the full story.

• On a world much like earth is where our story begins. In this world, magic and science coexist to run society as we know it. Flying cities, interstellar travel, and so much more could be found here. Many different races of intelligent life thrived.
  • Though magic powered society itself, those that could actually use this mystical force were few, with some races having more spell casters than others. Those that could use magic were both revered and feared.
  • This society was not perfect, and many conflicts erupted over the millennia. Some a blip in time, others lasting centuries. Our Story truly begins in the last war on this world.
  • Most races with magic have a special gift, some gain super strength, some can shape-shift, some can become intangible. The discovery of a unique ability sparked terror in the hearts of all magic users and hope for those without the ability to use magic. The ability to rip the Spark of Magic out of any magic user and consume it, making that person stronger.
  • The non-magical swayed this individual to their cause, casting the magical community as tyrants and oppressors, and thus the seeds of chaos were planted. A new campaign began, and with this individual at the front, the world was thrown into chaos. the individual used his gift to tear the magic from some of the most powerful spell casters in the world, strengthening himself beyond natural limits. Soon this person became the most powerful being in the world, but the cost was beyond what anyone could have imagined.
  • Magic follows the universal law. The Law of Equivalent Exchange. Using magic always costs something; energy, ingredients, will power, etc.
  • Thus the power to steal magic and increase one's own power came at the cost of life energy. The individual aged each time he used his power. And this is where the true depths of danger blossomed. The individual did not want to die from aging rapidly, so they found a way to not only rip the Spark of Magic out of people, but also the Life Spark as well.
  • A slaughter soon commenced, and the world was left lifeless. The individual moved on thanks to discovering hidden techniques and traveled to a new world. There, the same process occurred. World after world left barren and lifeless.
  • Because of this threat, several worlds joined together with the goal of ending this threat. So together, they managed to trap the individual and send them to a world where magic didn't exist. Trapping them forever.
  • Our story starts here, where a group of people accidentally unleash magic into the world, weakening the seal on this individual. These people will have to learn how to harness their powers quickly because soon the greatest danger of this universe will be unleashed. And by fate or coincidence, they will be the ones to end the threat. Or they will fail, and all life will be consumed by this individual.

An extradimensional devourer lands on Earth and people have to awaken magic powers in order to fight it,sounds like an interesting setup.

So each character will be allowed 2 powers, 2 passive abilities, and all will be capable of spell casting. The difference between abilities and spell casting is simple, abilities you can use without preparation or outside requirements. Spell casting requires ingredients and time, as well as incantation.

The passive abilities are meant to augment the characters. Forewarning, my character's passives will be OP but that is meant to perpetuate the story.

With some interest, I’m gonna start the building process. Character skeletons and story should be complete in a day or two. I’m hoping to start this RP in a couple days.

Do you guys want a prologue story sheet, or can we build the story as the rp progresses? There’d be the standard plot points and a discussion tab for questions, clarification and brainstorming.

Honestly, I would like a sandbox type of RP. So here are my thoughts.
1. There will be plot points to illustrate the general direction of where we should be going. And an inevitable END point. Meaning this is how it should end with current ideas. Does this mean the end of the RP? No, just the first “arc” if you will.
2. Originality is amazing. I love character growth. As such, no instants of any kind will be allowed. Instant crushes, instant rivals, instant good guys or bad guys. If you start as a sally sue or Klondike Ken, you better develop quickly! Or your characters will be killed off.
3. The fight system will be based on reputable RNG. Some fights will be won, some lost. You can choose which side you will be a part of. There will not be a truly neutral party. Meaning you’ll have to choose a side, even if you very slowly work towards that side.
4. My characters antagonist and protagonist will be over powered, that will literally be to perpetuate the story. Both sides will take time to come to power. Other over powered characters won’t be accepted.
5. I would love for individuality. We will start on earth, but other world traveling is going to happen. If you want to create a world we travel to, contact me so we can build it.

Sorry everyone, I came down with a bad case of covid. Finally feeling better, so I can get to building. Here is the character skelly. I thought I would post it here so if there are any questions, thoughts, or feedback it would be a good place to start here. And maybe draw others in.

Name
Alias
Race (In this field, if you start human, but want to evolve into something else, you will need to give a reason why and how it will happen. Such as a spell gone wrong, a bite from a vampire or werewolf, alchemic transformation, etc)
Abilities (This is for innate abilities. Humans have NONE, but other races may have them. These abilities are natural and not magic related)
Powers (There will be a limit of 3 powers per character. There must be synergy between the powers. No 3 random powers. There will be limits and weaknesses to each of these.)
Passives (Each character can have 2 passive powers. However, there will be 2 different types. Continuous passive is always active. Example is mental manipulation resistance or elemental magic resistance. Then there is Condition passive which requires certain conditions to become active. An example would be being injured and self healing takes effect.)
History (I would like a foundation for your character. So their "before, now, future" type of thing. There will be no instant anything, so everyone can build, mislead, or have an epiphany. It just helps to build the story. This will help keep characters from flying all over the board.)
Alignment (I will allow alignments to shift, but a Ground 0 on where you stand is important. Again! Character development!!)

The rest will be written out in the story. Any questions? Any suggestions? I am hoping to inspire creativity, so being wild or not is your choice.

Question: won't this story be starting on an Earth quite similar to ours (no magic) that has to deal with the devourer suddenly appearing?

Logically then every character would start as a normal human,no?

Question: won't this story be starting on an Earth quite similar to ours (no magic) that has to deal with the devourer suddenly appearing?

Logically then every character would start as a normal human,no?
Yes it will start with all characters being human. However, I am going to revise the plot slightly and have it as magic sealed away. Causing the magical races to go dormant. When magic is released again, the magical races will begin to awaken. Having just humans fighting the multidimensional monster is kinda boring. My character is going to transition to a different race as the plot goes on, so others should be allowed to as well, right?

Yes it will start with all characters being human. However, I am going to revise the plot slightly and have it as magic sealed away. Causing the magical races to go dormant. When magic is released again, the magical races will begin to awaken. Having just humans fighting the multidimensional monster is kinda boring. My character is going to transition to a different race as the plot goes on, so others should be allowed to as well, right?
I did have a couple questions, one of which being what is our tech level? Is it modern day? High tech? Etc. Just wanted to double check.

The other question is where to post characters?

I did have a couple questions, one of which being what is our tech level? Is it modern day? High tech? Etc. Just wanted to double check.

The other question is where to post characters?
Tech level will be current day modern level. As we progress, I plan on travel to other worlds.

2nd question is, I’ll have that and other subforums up today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back