• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Reaper 3: Final March

Umbra Regalia

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Welcome to Reaper 3: Final March! Please keep lone OOC in the OOC tab (if accompanied by a character post, dont worry about switching tabs ^^)

Thread completion (Ready!)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been five years since Abel wreaked havoc upon Weave, leaving the base in nothing more than debris. We had lost everything. Our home, our possessions, and some of us had lost our loved ones. We've been reduced to nothing but monsters, running from the enemy.

Revnoir sat with his back leaned up against a worn down wall, his eyes half closed as he struggled to stay awake. They've been traveling from building to building for five years, barely surviving. In the corner beside him sat Yulier, Asilia resting her head on her mother's lap. The Former Sin was asleep, as well, her white hair falling into her face to form a half-transparent curtain. She wasn't doing too well. She had been injured by a Reaper not too long ago, and with the lack of proper medical supplies, the wound had gotten worse and worse until it started draining her energy with every new day. He wanted to help her, but he knew there was nothing he could do but let her rest. Of course, he himself could not rest. He had to keep watch. After all, they needed all the strongest awake to watch out for Wraiths – the new kinds of Reapers. Wraiths were the things of nightmares, leaving nothing in their wake but bodies and rubble. They had the power equivalent to Greek Gods, being capable of killing absolutely anything they wanted. Thankfully, they were scarce and were barely around. But it wasn't like they were the only dangers around. Just getting enough food and water for everyone was a challenge of its own, every day bringing a new difficulty for the group.

The biggest problem was Asilia. She was only five years old, and her body had grown to be fragile due to the lack of food and nutrition. Revnoir worried over her constantly, despite his lack of experience with children. He never played with her, or joked around with her, as he was terrible with children, but he made sure she was first to get attention, first to get food, first to get everything. Well, of course, other than Zen. After all, Aura's final orders were heard loud and clear by everyone. Zen was named Director of Weave. It wasn't much of a title anymore, as Weave was no longer the great organisation they had been half a decade ago. They were no more than a group of survivors with Threads and experience.

The civilians that had sought shelter in the Weave base has scattered mostly, but some had managed to stick with the Weavers and other members. They only added to the amount of mouths they had to feed and bodies they had to keep stocked with blood. It was hard not to see anyone as a burden, but that may have just been Revnoir. He understood that everyone had to eat, everyone had to stay alive, but he always saw it as a burden to go out searching for pound upon pounds of food. It was a lot to handle for five years.

Revnoir yawned, cracking his neck to wake himself up a bit. It hurt, as his body was aching more than ever, but it did the trick. His head felt heavy, but he persevered as he got to his feet. He used his scythe to stabilize himself. He constantly had it on him, in case anything happened. He looked around, his lips forming into a scowl. What a mess... Five years and we still haven't found anywhere to settle down and set up base. He grumbled quietly, trying to move properly despite his wounds all over his body. He had blocked a Wraith's attack with his own body, and it was more or less healed right now, despite the possibility of reopening the wound. It was much better than it had been two weeks ago.

(Yay! Long post! Writers block, you've finally left! Sorry for the long post, everyone, you dont have to match that length >u< Just making sure to add the details to make sure everyone understands the setting. Your move, guys.)

Asilia looked stired awake and looked up at Revnoir. She clutched a handmade leather bound book. She gently got up and quietly came behind Revnoir and tugged on his jacked. She seemed to be just as quiet as Aura was when moving around.

Revnoir stopped when he felt a tug on his jacket and turned around to see the young white haired girl. He forced a smile, ignoring the pain he was in. "Asilia, did you need something?" He asked, kneeling down to her height. He still held on to his scythe, his grip tight around the dark handle. He waited for her response.

"Uncle Rev-war....? Could you... Tell me about daddy again......? Mommy hurts when she tells me....." Asilia asked in a sleepy voice, rubbing at her eyes.

Revnoir laughed nervously. "Do you really not mind my terrible story-telling skills?" He asked, ruffling her hair a bit. "Fine. Let's sit down then." He said as he led her to the wall to rest her back on while sitting. He sat beside her, and smiled to her. "Well... There was once a man named Aura. This was waaaay back when Weave was still a building with a man named Scourge who ran it. Aura looked pretty... Weird. He had long white hair, with silver eyes. Honestly, it looked strange. I didn't question it, though. He and I didn't get along too well at the start, he seemed a bit full of himself. Then he was made the Leader of Squad 7. We all respected him, then, even me. Even if I was way stronger than him at the time. Come to think of it, I haven't really gotten much stronger since then... Anyhow, Aura was amazing. He learnt quickly, and soon he was just as strong as Scourge and I. When we found out Scourge was the bad guy, Aura was the one to kill him and save all the other Weavers from the big mean Scourge." Revnoir laughed a bit at his ridiculous vocabulary he was using for the girl. He continued. "Aura then took Scourge's place as the boss of Weave. He was super cool. Then Cain showed up. Cain was Scourge's son, and he controlled the big bad Reapers. It wasn't long before Aura killed Cain, but not before Cain took his eye and tortured both Aura and I. That was when I got to see how strong your dad really was. When we got back to Weave, it was soon after that Cain showed up and was killed by Aura. Your dad was super cool, with his cheesy lines and heroic stances."

Revnoir paused. Even he was affected beyond belief by Aura's death. "Then someone else came. Nobody knows who it was, but he killed Aura and took his body. All that was left were his Final Orders." He looked to see if Asilia even stayed awake for the whole story this time.

Revnoir smiled. "He really was... Hey, did I ever tell you how your dad almost ate me alive?" He said with a little chuckle. Aaaaah, good times, good times. He laughed just thinking of it.

Revnoir laughed with her, grinning widely. "I know, huh? It was gross..! He must've realized I dont taste good so thankfully he didn't gobble me up."

Revnoir smiled reminiscently. She reminded her of a familiar little girl, but a bit younger. "Sleep tight, Asilia..." He whispered, taking his jacket off carefully and putting it on the girl to keep her warm. He decided not to get up and move the girl, as he didn't want to wake her. He sat there, letting her lean on him as she slept.

Yato sat up leaning against a nearby broken down pillar. His threads surrounded him to keep winds to make him any colder than he was now. He body was curled into a ball he didn't dare to look up. He slightly shedded tears, trying his best to stop them and hide them. He never felt more alone than these five years. The struggle to do anything was harsh. Yato breathed a deep sigh and looked up at the vast area. He had a 2 whole duffle bags of ammunition. It was all he could salvage out of the destroyed building. And when facing reapers it won't last that long.

zen was pacing back and forth to keep himself awake. his eyes were burning and red from lack of sleep, he was jittery as he surveyed his surroundings. his gasmask was still strapped around his neck . his hair had become a long black mop and he had a constant air of insanity around him. aura's death had not shocked him as much as others seeing as he was told it would happen only moments before by echo but what had truly took a tool on him was the fact that he was powerless to do anything about it. all he could do was hold the title of the current director of weave and sit in auras long gone but never forgotten shadow. weave was no longer even a relevant thing to him it was a pile of rubble left in a desolate wasteland, long behind them now. he kept one hand on the handle of his katana and the other over his pouch of hand made assorted grenades. he was mumbling to himself again. recently whenever he was alone he would just start mumbling random things not even he knew exactly what he was saying when he did so he just knew it kept his mind of the ever growing food and medical problems. his insanity was starting to become more resistant he only hoped he wouldn't fall completely off the deep end and end up being a useless killing machine like he was be fore he came to weave

Waking up in the rubble of an old community building, the soft water dripping down hitting metal. The hard floor wasn't doing much for his sleeping "okay let's see what random pain I have today." He rose up and there it was, pain "ah the joys of old age..." He grabbed a bucket half filled with water and went to check trap he had set up. When he got there, there wasn't much except for a big rat. Giving a big sigh he headed over and took out the rat out of the trap, and reset it turning on his radio. "I got half a bucket of water and a big rat for anyone who can hear me..." He said hoping someone would respond this time, the quiet had been killing him, then again it had given him time to think. How things have been going, he then repeated what he said while thinking "today is going to be a long day isn't it..."

Leah paced down and up a single hallway in the base they, the Sins, had been brought to five years before.

Back, and forth, and back, and forth...

Her long hair swayed with her steps, back and forth, back and forth...

Suddenly, her body whipped around, each muscle tensed. Her silvery-white eyes were cold, bright and alert, searching for whatever was watching her--she always felt like she was being watched now, she had been increasingly paranoid for the last few weeks or so... but that was probably her insanity sneaking up on her again. It was worsening... she had been alright at keeping a cap on it over the last few years, or so
she observed, but lately she was slipping. She had already glanced over her shoulder seven other times in the last two hours. There was nothing here, nothing. Nothing to do but be paranoid, nothing to be but paranoid, nothing. It had been so many years since she had been let loose for blood, five years since the last time she had sincerely sought to kill. A mad giggle slipped past her lips as she remembered the blood, the freedom of tearing her threads through flesh. It never had bothered her that the battle had been a mixed defeat. She hadn't cared that Cain died, just that vengeance was thrown upon weave, those who left her for dead at the Sins' hands... and those that she knew would never dare forgive her for simply being a sin. She relished the memory of her mad yelling and laughter as she watched the helicopter, and Aura, tumble away in flames. A trace of the smile she had worn that day danced on her lips, then slowly, slowly melted as she resumed her steps up and down the hallway. The bland, similar, hallway. Though she had been in this base for the past five years, and had wasted much of that time in the same place for the same activity, the walls around her had never felt... right, never felt proper... always like they were a little bit foreign, watching, studying....

"Where did she go... I need someone... Someone..." Yato spoke to himself. He couldn't stop his tears. He couldn't feel the warmth of another. He looked up and slowly got up wearily. He had his black mask over his mouth. He had an eyepatch on his left eye covering the deathly scar down his eyelids. He had tears streaming down from his open eye, his golden shaded eye. He looked around. He spotted Revnoir and slowly walked over to him with the two duffle bags over his shoulders. He wanted to find out if that women from his memories was still alive. Yato's memories were fading. His depression was slowly wiping. He couldn't remember her name. Only her face. He couldn't remember anything but her face and the fact he loved her dearly. He wanted to know. "Revnoir sir... Do you think it might be possible if we could take over the sin's base for shelter?"

Abel's base had more than a few windows and glass walls, and was primary made of said material. There were the occasional mirror wall letting you see how much you had changed since five years had passed, but the building was so large that it was highly unlikely to bump into anyone. Everyone had their own room, their own bathroom, their own kitchen, their own everything. Everyone was isolated in a sense, making it so that they wouldn't need anyone else. They only needed themselves and their maddening emotions. Despite the lack of cameras, the feeling of being watched was indeed heavy in the base, the snow-white walls standing tall as if towering over you, watching your every move, your every twitch. Every wall was either transparent or white, the floor being perfectly clean and shiny. It showed a small reflection, of both you and colorless ceiling. Everything, absolutely everything was white save for the food and other things you couldn't paint or dye. There was the occasional guard, who wore a white uniform, and sometimes Reapers would slide about the halls. There would be the rare screech-like giggle of the formerly mentioned beings, as if they preferred Abel over Cain. After all, who wouldn't want to be forced to fight. Abel was kind, from what others had seen. He always had a reason for everything. Everything. If he harmed someone, he would always have a reason, and a justifiable one at that. He was barely ever seen, but sometimes the Sins would be called into a room one by one, asked about how they have been feeling, how they're doing, if they needed anything specific, if he should change anything to suit them. All with the white-haired man behind a one-way-window. He gave all of the Reapers and the Sins everything they needed. Everything except for the chance to fight a Weaver. He had once told them that he disliked the thought of fighting others, he only wanted to take it far enough to scare others.

He found himself sitting outside, the snow falling on his nose. He smiled, as always. A hurting smile. It was lonely out here, no matter how many people he had in his base it would always be lonely.

Revnoir looked at Yato with a grim expression. "Yato... We've already searched for their base, it was broken down. It would be worse to be there than here." He said, pausing for a moment. "Trust me, we're all doing the best we can to find shelter. We'll be able to settle down somewhere soon, I'm sure of it." He said, although quietly, as if doubting his own words. They had to find someplace, else people would slowly die one by one due to starvation and sickness. "Don't get any ideas. You're not to leave this place without a group. Those Wraiths are bound to show up at some point around here, so it's too dangerous to go alone." He added, giving the man a sympathetic look.

"I-I... I need to find out if we can find the girl I treasured... I... I need to at least know if she still remembers me... But I donmt know her name, how could I forget her name." Yato said looking down with great sorrow. Tears kept pouring down his face. He then looked away into the horizon trying to wipe the tears away as best as he can.

Revnoir sighed. "I think you're talking about Leah... Yato, I'm sorry... If she's been on her own since the incident, I can't say that I believe that she's alive." He said, still sitting with Asilia leaning on him. He scowled. "If you want, we can assemble a team and look for her tomorrow, today we need to focus on resting and finding food." He muttered, leaning the back of his head on the wall supporting his back.

"Ok... But don't send out a team, we need as many people as possible, to find resources and defense..." Yato sighed deeply. He moved back over to the pillar he sat down at. He sat back down and thought to himself. Leah... Leah... Was that the person?

Deus walked threw the sins new base, he had changed alot over the past five years. Not only in his appearance but personality wise aswell. He had become calmer and more respectable, especially since he stopped acting like a fool. After Cains death Deus didn't know what to do, but he decided to follow the man named Abel. He decided this was a chance for a new start and took that as a opportunity to make things better. He walked threw the white building he had to admit the building gave him a head ache. He eventually made his way up to the roof where he saw Abel. He approached slowly the snow falling down onto him gently. He had recently gotten a captains coat, he wasn't really a captain he just likes the coat. He wore it over his shoulders he walked next to Abel and smiled as he looked over to him." Its so...cold and lonely this world of ours don't you agree Abel sir?" He asked as he looked out at the scenary surrounding them. @Umbra Regalia

With half of the rodent cooking in a small but decent fire and water, James decided to use this moment check his equipment what it amount to was disappointing but it summed up to last for at least 2 more weeks. Grabbing his radio again "Well got half if it cooking it smells iffy but it should do" Leaning back on a wall and drinking some water he had to clean out "should I get moving tomorrow that's the question?"

Upon hearing their conversation, Kirsa poked her head from behind a wall, her eyes shifting from Revnoir and Yato. She showed a sweet smile as she stepped out to come into full view. "Hello.. I heard about what you said." Kirsa was a bit lonely and wanted to engage with her other fellow squad mates. There was a noticable blood splatter upon her cheek, her glove stained with blood. She had just returned from going 'berserk'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back