• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Realms of Nymserine: OOC

So we're good to hop in whenever right?
We haven't accepted any character sheets yet and plan to wait about a day or so to let other people get the chance to post theirs. If you're accepted then we will let you know and then you can start posting! x3

Sees Ellcrys. Starts chanting.

Shannara... Shannara...Shannara...Shannara... Shannara... I love this more already

Sees Ellcrys. Starts chanting.

Shannara... Shannara...Shannara...Shannara... Shannara... I love this more already
YESSSS PEOPLE THAT GET MY REFERENCES!!! xD (I loved the Shannara Chronicles)

Voyage of the Jerle Shannara was one of my first fantasy-esque books (alongside the Forgotten Realms) that got me hooked onto elves and other fantasy stuff, even before I picked up lotr. Also one of the most tragic storylines that I couldn't hate (I hate tragicness QwQ)</3

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Thank you so much for all the enthusiasm we've gotten so far on the Realms of Nymserine RP! We have seen all the amazing character sheets that have been posted, and have been reading them. We are waiting for some more people to finish reading through everything and post their characters. Please be patient will us so we can give everyone a fair chance! x3

We will probably be doing a final review and begin the accepting process tomorrow. Just a reminder: Your character sheet will be edited with "Accepted" across the top if we choose you, and you will also be notified in the OOC, after that you can start posting to the main thread. We may PM you about your character to get to know more information or to ask you a few "interview" questions. We also had the idea of asking you guys to write an example post for us, just to get a feel for your writing style. Let us know what you think about that... Thanks again everyone!

What constitutes magic amonst the Order of Aurid?

Is it just elemental magic? From your own character profile I'm guessing it includes most other common fantasy branches :O

Kinda curious because the ring of storms summons lightning and such, but wouldn't a typical mage be able to do that without a "powerful" artifact anyway? Unless you're talking about the magnitude of the damage.

Also, it was mentioned that the elves actively persecute mage bloods. To what extent is this persecution? Like the witchhunts where u are actually burnt at the stake?

Would it be possible for a character to "graduate" from the Order of Aurid and choose to wonder out on their own?

Great questions! I love it... now get ready for a lore dump xD (i'll put it in a spoiler so that I don't spam the OOC.)

So the Order of the Aurid is actually not in practice anymore, or at least not to the knowledge of the world of Nymserine. They continued to meet and practice magic in secret after the war with Azarath. The Order is exclusive to Elves of high social status and powerful magic abilities. My character's mother Elvira Ophelia was a member of the Order a long time ago (as Elves live for a long period of time) but she resigned from it when she had Verity, my character. As to what sort of magic they practiced, that's up to your own imagination, as long as it's within reason and not too overpowered. My character uses her magic with a sword and just projects her mana into a physical substance that can be manipulated in the world.

Demi-God magic is more elemental and doesn't come from the God of Magic. A child of Thasia can control water and storms, similarly to the artifact because both the artifact and the demi-god derive their power and channel it from Thasia herself. Whereas raw magic that is used my Humans, Elves and Fair Folk is actually from their own personal well of mana and manifests itself in accordance to the characters personality. The Fair Folk typically use healing and nature-based magic, that's elemental and similar to the magic of a demi-god, i'll admit. But magic from humans and elves are very different. It doesn't have to be elemental, in fact i'd prefer elemental magic be kept to the Fair Folk and the Demi-Gods. We can use mana to create etherial weapons or use spells and incantations or we can even specialize in charms. It really is up to your imagination. Also, on another note, Azarath was a powerful wizard in his own right, but he wasn't a demi-god. He couldn't do the things he did without the dark artifacts, that's why he sought them out. His magic was different, and he needed Demi-God magic to be even stronger. And the Circle used artifacts for the same reason. Aeredaius was a Demi-God of balance... and he had a Godly artifact, but that;s just because he's an OP bastard xD So was the Elven leader, Shylanora. That chick had magic too.... but the Dwarf, nah man. He had to do shit the hard way and fight with only the artifact he had.

As for the persecution of magic, or arcane, blood. The Elves hate and fear magic so they did a little purge, but it was supposed to be low-key. They treated them poorly and sent them to concentration camps.

Having ranted about all that.... I don't think you would be able to "graduate" from the Order of the Aurid as that's not really how it works. If you want to go that route, you may want to consider going to the Waldorf School of Magic and training there and therefore graduate instead. I hope this answered your questions!!! If not, feel free to yell at me -w-

I would also like to add my two sense, Lekiel Lekiel . The ring of storms is more my expertise, although my partner Purize did a very good job stating everything. Demigod magic is derived from the god, not the self. That in and of itself makes it much more potent, and also giving larger pools of mana to reach into: Imagine a keg of beer. That is a regular mana reserve for a person. Now imagine a bay of beer, that is the mana reserve for demigods.

As for the artifacts, they allow the user to do what they do without expending any mana at all. That combined with their immensely powerful nature. As for the ring of storms, it allows the user to command and summon storms, including bolts of lightning from the hands, turing int a whirlwind, creating gales, rainstorms, hail, and summoning large bolts of thunder from the sky. Some of this might be able to be recreated on a much smaller level, but the ring or connection to Thasia is where that power comes from. For example, Merfolk try to emulate their prime deity, Thasia, and practice magic that is water based in nature. They cant manipulate bodies of water, but by using runes and incantations, they can create effects like making traps that imprison someone in water, or a wall of water for protection.

I will throw out a small spoiler here, it is factual that the gods can create artifacts at will for anyone they deem worthy, and the artifacts mentioned in the lore are not the only artifacts possible in this rp. If at some point in the rp you find yourself in a sticky spot, and you feeling a prayer, somebody might send you a little gift- just throwing that out there.

I know player slots are limited (the exact number of which I'm curious about), but how will multiple characters be handled?

Alright! Thanks :D

So... my bad on the order of Aurid! I mixed them up with the Waldorf Achool :,( i meant graduate from waldorf yes.

I would be correct to say that if i created a mage character and was found out to be mage born wandering in the elven city i would be caught and thrown into custody etc.?

Also, if i created a nondemigod character mage, you rather not me having elemental related magic? But anything else is fine? (Within reason of course)

Edit: also, no summoning magic like rock elementals as well i suppose? Even if they were smaller in size.

Edit 2: are elf fairy halflings possible?

Last edited:
Alright! Thanks :D

So... my bad on the order of Aurid! I mixed them up with the Waldorf Achool :,( i meant graduate from waldorf yes.

I would be correct to say that if i created a mage character and was found out to be mage born wandering in the elven city i would be caught and thrown into custody etc.?

Also, if i created a nondemigod character mage, you rather not me having elemental related magic? But anything else is fine? (Within reason of course)

Edit: also, no summoning magic like rock elementals as well i suppose? Even if they were smaller in size.

Edit 2: are elf fairy halflings possible?

All good questions. If caught using magic in shylanora the people would turn against you. There is no formal law against it though.

Yes anything in reason besides elemental magic. I would also say using Summons is fine, as long as this remains in reason. Summoning isn’t so much elemental magic as it’s conjugation, so summoning elementals is fine, just a rarer form of magic.

Fairy elf halflings? Yikes, I will leave that one up to Purize Purize

All good questions. If caught using magic in shylanora the people would turn against you. There is no formal law against it though.

Yes anything in reason besides elemental magic. I would also say using Summons is fine, as long as this remains in reason. Summoning isn’t so much elemental magic as it’s conjugation, so summoning elementals is fine, just a rarer form of magic.

Fairy elf halflings? Yikes, I will leave that one up to Purize Purize

Ooh, okey :3 I'll wait for her about the halfing bit!

I asked about the summoning because I thought I read in the lore somewhere that only giants can summon golems.

Ooh, okey :3 I'll wait for her about the halfing bit!

I asked about the summoning because I thought I read in the lore somewhere that only giants can summon golems.
Giants don't summon golems, their magic is about imbuing life into inanimate objects, making magic constructs that last. Conjuration is pulling an entity to fight for you for a limited period of time. So while the Giants are the only ones who can make the golems, it is possible for a mage to conjure one if they were talented enough :)

Yes familiar magic is fine, just no golems. Giants can create artificial life, but familiars are summoned/ conjured as Bug said. And half elves are fine as well, as long as the other half is human. But you wanted to be fairy/elf.....? Idk about that. Humans can mix with virtually every race besides dwarves and moon children (with the exception of demons) But the other races are steril towards one another. It’s not unheard of for there to be mixed couples, but they can’t have kids unless one of them is hooman xD I’d think it would be plausible to say you would get a bad rap for not only having magic, but being halfling as well. It’s your character though, so go for it if that’s what you want x3

I know player slots are limited (the exact number of which I'm curious about), but how will multiple characters be handled?
We are still not quite sure how many we accept, that’s why we have been a little vague on the number. If there are a lot of amazing characters submitted, I would say we will accept maybe four at most (right BugDozer73 BugDozer73 ?) Generally anywhere from 2-4 characters.

As for multiple characters, do you mean secondary characters? That doesn’t count toward the “slot goal” but we will ask that people don’t make a other characters until we are sure that you will reply often enough for about a week or two, then people can have another character. But of course you can still make up NPC’s and interact with them.

Oooh.. hmm! thanks for the replies :3

Just a couple more quizzles!!

Say I'm a human/fairy (or human elf halfing). Would it be possible to have never gone to waldorf for training but perhaps ended up being taught magic by say a selenian spriggan? Selenia seems the most magic friendly place!

Where is waldorf located?

While i understand that I'm stinky poopy to the elves as both a half breed and mage, how would the humans or dwarves regard my heritage? I'm guessing most fairfolk don't give two unicorns about who i am.

3$#^7 i forgot i could check the map!! ;w;

Waldorf is south of selenia so that makes it selenian territory?

Being taught magic by a Spriggan and growing up in Selenia sounds a dream come true, that would be fine! Selenia is super magic friendly and most Fair Folk really don’t care what you do as long as you don’t give them trouble lol. If you still wanted to do the Waldorf route though, (or maybe a mix of both.... oooooh the plot thickens) Waldorf is actually really not far from Selenia. If you have a quick looksee at the Nymserine map and look next to the Carpathian forest, it’s just in between the forest and the southern coast. It’s maybe a day or two’s travel from Selenia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back