• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Read too many books. Now I want my own world.

TwistedTruth

Looking for a good book series. Fantasy prefered.
I've been here awhile, I'm no wiz with formatting so I'll save us the train wreck and not even bother.

My names Andrew, I'm 17, I love reading. You could have guessed from the title but I figured I'd come out and say it. I. Love. World Building. Huge maps with planned out armies, agriculture, economy. Laws of magic and guilds....etc. Gets me really enticed, especially Lore. (If you want to recommend a book/series please please pleeeease do it.) Besides world building I like

• Fantasy (Duh)
  • Book Fandoms (Surprising, right?)
  • Romance (Tend to make this a main focus because it pushes character development. Though if its too much lemme know.)
  • D&D style Dice rolling and stats
I prefer not to RP into built 'plots'. I prefer to pick roles or ideas and see what happens from there. If you have any ideas you want to try out, let me know! My grammar is iffy but I have good length and I try to match replies. I tend to play Male for M/ /F. I don't do F/ /F or M/ /M, just not my thing.

A few of the books I've read. (Note a few, I own a small public library)/s
  • Night Angel series : Brent weeks *
  • Enders Game: Orson Scott
  • Mither Mages series: Orson Scott *
  • Percy Jackson universe/every single book related to that universe: Rick Riordan
  • Cherub series : Robert muchamore *
  • Demon Cycle series : Peter V Brett. *
  • Ready Player One: Ernest Cline
  • The Game Is Life: Terry Schott (Still reading, no spoilers or I cut you)
That's mostly all I have to say, I'm interested in a world in any book series marked with a *.
If you have any series you think I might have read and want to try it out, let me know! I've probably read it. No, Seriously.​

Last edited:
I cannot say anything related to the above posting on books. Despite my love of reading and I've read numerous books to prove that point. Never before have those books appeared on my radar.

I also love to 'World Build'. Let me know if you're interested... maybe we could start something up?

If you're looking for a really good fantasy series, I recommend the Codex Alera by Jim Butcher. One of the best series I've read.

Hi there. Have you maybe read Malazan Book of the Fallen, Powder Mage Trilogy, a Land Fit for Heroes or The First Law trilogy? Any fantasy books that are not young adult?

Hi there. Have you maybe read Malazan Book of the Fallen, Powder Mage Trilogy, a Land Fit for Heroes or The First Law trilogy? Any fantasy books that are not young adult?

I've read a lot of non-YA books. Prince of Thorns Series, KKC, Wheel of time. I haven't read any of the ones you listed, though Steven Erikson is an amazing author.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back