• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Reach for the Galaxy - Interest Check

The Creator Prime

Ancient Being

Reach for the Galaxy - INTEREST CHECK

divider-sun.png

PremiseWhat came before has been long forgotten, the day and age is unimportant, for in this universe there is constant strife. The galaxy of Aurael is a solitary galaxy far from any siblings. Within this vast collective of solar systems, there are millions of planets as well as countless, untold races that are lurking, slumbering, and waiting.

Amongst the stars there float derelicts, remnants of once prideful nations now turned to dust. Within the planets are buried treasures hidden from view by a lost people who've lost all hope. The nature of Aureal, the universe, and the people who inhabit it is very tough, however. Due to order and unity, Aureal has managed to strive where many have fallen continuous times in the cosmic calendar.

Whilst this may prove unimportant when you and your people establish themselves, it is always important to know the past of those who came before you. The conquerors of yesterday were no different than you and your conquest today. The world is around you, use it. Endless riches and planets ripe for the taking, acquire them. Stellar nations unhappy with your deeds? Ally with their enemies and bring them to their heels. The galaxy is your ultimate sandbox, and the remnants of former great nations loom in the distance. If you reach out and grasp, you will notice...

That your hand reaches not for the stars, but for the galaxy.

Expectations

The expectations which I will hold off of anyone willing to invest time and resources (not money, obviously, but rather a metaphoric resource) into this roleplay will be the following: dedication, detail, enthusiasm, fairness. I need little more from those who are willing to join the roleplay but those are the initial pillars. Obviously, the RPN rules apply, but they aren't a pillar because they have to be followed at all times.

Dedication: If you join this roleplay, or comment on this interest check with your explicit interest, then you should be prepared to be in for the long haul. I'm doing this roleplay because I can somewhat manage it with my current studies, so I prepare anyone who will participate to do the same.

Detail: This roleplay is casual, therefor it will not follow the extreme doctrines of the detailed section, nor will it fall victim to any one-liners or unsatisfactory replies. Whilst I don't really demand all too much from you in terms of post length, I demand relatively good quality. Not excellent, not perfect, not flawless, but good. As time goes on, I'm hopefully that you'll be able to benefit from your experience in terms of writing.

Enthusiasm: In order to help deal with the two upper pillars, enthusiasm is a must in order to make sure the longevity of this roleplay will last. Without enthusiasm and intrigued roleplayers, the roleplay will eventually die off, and that isn't something I would like to see happen. Therefore I would hope to have the participants be very intrigued about the roleplay, setting, and eventual story in order to create enthusiasm which will do both you, me, and anyone else participating very well.

Fairness: In most roleplays, fairness is a must have and it is in this one as well. I want no godmodding/god-modding, which stuff. If you have any question what fairness entails, or what might constitute as unfair, then merely contact me via PM on this site, or over the Discord app. I may not be available at all times, but I should always be contactable 24/7 according to my current setup.

GALLERY

into_space_by_donsgirl.jpg

The planets of this roleplay will be limitless and a very necessary resource for all the stellar empires/republics/unions/et cetera of the galaxy. With planets and their customization mostly up to the roleplayer's freedom and etiquette, I feel that I don't need to produce any kind of system based on the acquisition of planetary bodies. Planets, as we all know, come in many different shapes and sizes. In many kinds, from gas giants to inhospitable death worlds. However, with technology, be aware that the planets whom were once mighty bastions of impenetrable resistance may fall into disrepair. With future times come greater tools. Both for rebuilding and for destroying, politics will be important in order to properly operate.
The-Universe.jpg

The Universe

The Universe is vast, sprawling, and filled with dangers. Galaxies are little but clusters for supreme conflict to perform. From millennia unto millennia, combat and war has spread and carried itself out into every reach of the universe, but most so in the Aureal galaxy. This roleplay will take place in this relatively medium sized galaxy, home to many millions of worlds and countless races. But eventually, it may even draw beyond that. There is a universe out there, filled with treasures not even the most advanced of Aurealians could understand or comprehend. But not only may the distant reaches hold coffers worth of ancient treasures. Even your own galaxy holds homage to ancient civilizations whom fell not only to war, but also to the cosmic clockwork itself. Will you awaken these treasures, or will you let the other races seize it from you? If they do, to what lengths are you ready to go to acquire it from them? If you do, what will happen to your nation? What kind of alliances do you have available? All these questions and more will be asked of you in the heat of the moment, make the right movement. You now lead an entire species into the galaxy.

The Planets

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

This section will be regularly updated and kept to speed with anonymous questions and my own answers to said questions in regards to the roleplay and/or how it'll function. Essentially, any questions will be going up on this section in order to help any person interested into better understand the concept of the world I've thought about here without having to wait.

Q: I have a pre-made race and fully/mostly develop but its a mechanical race,will it be legible for this RP being a mechanical being?

A: It is fully viable to utilize pre-existing assets such as already made races. All that I require is that you adjust the information so that it will fit with my future Nation Sheet format, and that's about all that I'll demand from that. The Mechanical race will also be an acceptable thing to utilize, but I'll suspect that when the CS is avalible, that you fill out how they became mechanized, or who made them.

Q: What technology levels will our species start off with?

A: As the firm advocate of Roleplay Etiquette that I am, I will place no real, ground breaking limitations on the level of technology which will be present. As a sandbox, this roleplay will also pose near limitless possibilities for explorations into some really cool stuff and plotlines. Needless to say, I won't allow any players to be flawless in any way, but I feel like this doesn't need to be mentioned. So, all things mentioned, as species would have evolved differently, as would their technology. Therefor I will pose no real technological limitations on you beyond what would seem obvious (Because it'd be hard and unnecessary). I feel like every nation and their technological levels belong in this roleplay, and the underdogs will always find a way to overcome any adversities.

Q: can we play as a Celestial Being? (A large creature or entity wandering through space)

A: Unfortunately not, but that won't say that they won't exist. Supernatural things and happenings will take effect during the duration of the roleplay, but they won't exist from the start. These 'celestial' creatures you speak of will not exist at your disposal, this is mainly due to the fact that they are wonderful GM tools and elements in eventual plot developments.

Q:

A:

TAG BOX

Last edited by a moderator:
Thus the ninja of the holy land of RpN has found a Interesting Role play of great measure....sir i am gratefully interested in thus such concept but i do have one slight questing that needs answering.

Q:I have a pre-made race and fully/mostly develop but its a mechanical race,will it be legible for this RP being a mechanical being?

as well i am gladly interested but expect slight minimal interaction of me as i do have a life but that wont mean i wont RP,Just slow and busy sir.

Yonsisac said:
Thus the ninja of the holy land of RpN has found a Interesting Role play of great measure....sir i am gratefully interested in thus such concept but i do have one slight questing that needs answering.

Q:I have a pre-made race and fully/mostly develop but its a mechanical race,will it be legible for this RP being a mechanical being?

as well i am gladly interested but expect slight minimal interaction of me as i do have a life but that wont mean i wont RP,Just slow and busy sir.
I'm glad to announce unto you; your question has been answered and updated into the Q&A section!

[QUOTE="The Creator Prime]I'm glad to announce unto you; your question has been answered and updated into the Q&A section!

[/QUOTE]
thank you for the answer it gladly helps me,as it seems i would thus require to add more info so it fits the requirements.

is it thus OK if i PM you and talk about such matter in detail? as well show you the Old CS

Yonsisac said:
thank you for the answer it gladly helps me,as it seems i would thus require to add more info so it fits the requirements.
is it thus OK if i PM you and talk about such matter in detail? as well show you the Old CS
Of course, if anyone has any problems then I'm always avalible.

AlphaDraco said:
Q&A: What technological level will our species start from?
I am happy to announce that your question has been added to the Q&A section! ;D

If you have anything more specific in regards to tech, then feel free to take it up with me privately.

Welcome to the team, Lmp.

For everyone's information, I'm making the templates for the IC threads right now.

The roleplay should start very quickly after @Halofreak117 has notified me of his presence.

Q&A - can we play as a Celestial Being? (A large creature or entity wandering through space)

NecroKnight said:
Q&A - can we play as a Celestial Being? (A large creature or entity wandering through space)
I have replied and updated the Interest Check! I hope the answer was fitting, even if it may not have been satisfactory. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back