Other Random question of the day

No answers yesterday. What a shame. Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Random question of the day:

Who's one fictional character who definitely deserves to get punched in the face (In your opinion)?

No answers yesterday. What a shame. Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Who's one fictional character who definitely deserves to get punched in the face (In your opinion)?
Bakugo for his abusive mistreatment of Izuku over the years no amount of apologies would excuse how he treated him. He almost outright tried to kill him.

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

What are your views on warranties (Those things you get when buying something like electronics)?

I think I only used warranty once to fix some device (spoilers: it took a few weeks to fix and then broke again a couple months after). Usually my devices broke after warranty ran out. But it's nice to have for peace of mind, if nothing else lol

No answers yesterday. What a shame.

What's the best example of "passing the torch" in a movie/TV show/video game (In your opinion)?
OOOhhh my god, have I got the PERFECT answer!!!

Doctor Who. My god, I could go on for hours.

Originally, the Doctor wasn't even meant to be an alien, from what I've heard/read during my hours upon hours of devouring copious extended materials and informational videos about the show and its lore. But when William Hartnell got to a point where he was too elderly and sick to continue the role, and with no plans to end the show just yet, they decided to bring on another actor to replace William Hartnell. But they couldn't just replace the character and pretend nothing happened; and thus, the concept of regeneration was born (though it was not called regeneration originally, but that's a whole other thing we can get into). Soon enough, each actor replacement was almost entirely purposeful, or at least they could easily write a new actor in on a whim without much issue. But then the show got canceled for a while...

And then it came back! And boy howdy did it come back. During the classic series, a regeneration cycle was written basically on a whim with no real direction. I mean, the lore is so convoluted and half of it is because of some of the wacky ways the writers decided to either kill off the Doctor or get him to regenerate. But Nu-Who comes along, and suddenly regeneration has a whole new meaning to it. Now, every few seasons, viewers are forced to brace themselves for another tearful season finale where their favorite Doctor has to come to terms with his own (im)mortality, and regenerations have become this grandiose and beautiful tradition of one actor passing the torch along to another, and we have to learn to fall in love with this new Doctor all over again.

If I haven't made it clear, I love Doctor Who.

If Star Wars' Original Trilogy is described as an action movie and the Prequel Trilogy is described as a political drama, what genre would one describe the Sequel Trilogy as?

I'm not sure which grade that is, since the system is slightly different in different countries. But around the age of 12-14, it was the worst. Had to face a lot of bullying. I hated going to school and was trying to avoid going there by getting sick often. It got better later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back