• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Random Idea with "Bonded" Humans and Demons *REGISTRATION CLOSED*

Going to add in a male demon as well since you said we could do one of each and we're a lil outweighed on the ladies' side right now.

If I like an rp and the people in it enough, I tend to draw characters from it and give them to people. But that is an if. So this rp better last!! X)
I certainly hope it does! ^^

Though, I think I'm going to need to find help with world-building, as I have no real experience with it and I'm not sure if I can manage everything there on my own... Any volunteers...? ^^;

I certainly hope it does! ^^

Though, I think I'm going to need to find help with world-building, as I have no real experience with it and I'm not sure if I can manage everything there on my own... Any volunteers...? ^^;

I can help. I've created 11 worlds so far and I've published books with my creations! So ask me any questions if you have any!

I can help. I've created 11 worlds so far and I've published books with my creations! So ask me any questions if you have any!
I would love the help! Unfortunately, I don't even know what questions I should be asking... Maybe just a general introduction to world-building for starters...? ^^;

I would love the help! Unfortunately, I don't even know what questions I should be asking... Maybe just a general introduction to world-building for starters...? ^^;

Start off with the social side. What are the politics? And that doesn't mean that you need to make a government in it. It also means how do the civilians act, what are most people afraid of, excited for, etc. By knowing what the people are thinking, it'll be easier to begin constructing the world around those emotions.

Okay, I don't really have anything solid yet. I mostly just want to get this down before I forget and check to see if there's any interest at all. (Hense, the interest check. XP )

Every human must become bonded to a compatible demon before they reach the age of 21 or die a slow and painful death. This is because human organs have grown weak and need to receive near-constant energy from a demon with compatible life force to keep them functioning for any length of time. Neither human nor demon chooses the other, but they both will often have visions to indicate who they are to be bonded to.

While the human has no choice if they wish to survive, the demon may reject the bonding. Luckily for the humans, they usually accept it because, in return for sharing their life force, they gain up to three additional powers. (Only High Demons can get three and they're extremely rare. If this RP takes off, there will only be two High Demons permitted besides the single one I am allowing myself.)

Aaand that's all I have so far. ^^;

Open to suggestions!

I'd love to play a human it sounds cool to me. just a question...
Could it be since these demons are bonded to a human would you consider them soulmates, if they are sharing the same life force?

I'd love to play a human it sounds cool to me. just a question...
Could it be since these demons are bonded to a human would you consider them soulmates, if they are sharing the same life force?
I suppose, in a way they are sort of soulmates. Not necessarily romantic, but not necessarily platonic. If that makes any sense at all...? X/

I'm still taking suggestions for it! ^^

Well if your looking to not build entire world first off you can always use New Orleans a haven for Demons of all shapes and sizes...just to begin with then a demon realm could be added on *Shrugs*

Well if your looking to not build entire world first off you can always use New Orleans a haven for Demons of all shapes and sizes...just to begin with then a demon realm could be added on *Shrugs*
An interesting idea... Why New Orleans, specifically...?

An interesting idea... Why New Orleans, specifically...?

Lol well, the historics of New Orleans was that the city had been built on a cross line of paranormal activities. The beliefs of the Bayou people include Voodoo, witchcraft of a sort. And with so many graves within the city walls.....ghosts like to rise up every once in a while. It's also a vibrant city, no one would look twice at a demon in an alleyway.

You might want to start contacting who you want your characters to be bonded with! Remember: it has to be mutual agreement! (For the creators, not necessarily their characters... X3 )

Very interested. Can I reserve a High Demon character or do we just make a cs and it's whoever gets it first?

Ocean123 Ocean123
I may be interested in this, if you're taking in anybody else, human or demon. It's fine if you aren't! (^▽^)
We are still accepting! Please note that all the High Demon positions have been claimed. Other than that... It seems we have a bit of an excess in humans, unless I miss my count... ^^;

Ocean123 Ocean123
Oh, I gotcha! Give me some time to think on a character, hahaha. ☆ I'll make a demon then, since there are an excess amount of humans. Um, just a question though-- is there any significant differences or limitations I should know of? As in, what can High Demons do that normal demons cannot?

Ocean123 Ocean123
Oh, I gotcha! Give me some time to think on a character, hahaha. ☆ I'll make a demon then, since there are an excess amount of humans. Um, just a question though-- is there any significant differences or limitations I should know of? As in, what can High Demons do that normal demons cannot?
Let's see... High Demons have a somewhat longer lifespan, tend to have generally more power with less effort, can gain up to three additional abilities upon bonding with a human (regular demons get up to two, but more likely one) and are sort of like nobles in demon society. I might add more to the differences and such, but I think I'm going to need outside help if I'm going to go very deep into the whole mess... ^^;

K kurishiri
Your character will be the last (and I need it to be a demon) before registration closes. Otherwise, there will just be too many characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back