• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Random Idea with "Bonded" Humans and Demons *REGISTRATION CLOSED*

Ocean123

One Thousand Club
Okay, I don't really have anything solid yet. I mostly just want to get this down before I forget and check to see if there's any interest at all. (Hense, the interest check. XP )

Every human must become bonded to a compatible demon before they reach the age of 21 or die a slow and painful death. This is because human organs have grown weak and need to receive near-constant energy from a demon with compatible life force to keep them functioning for any length of time. Neither human nor demon chooses the other, but they both will often have visions to indicate who they are to be bonded to.

While the human has no choice if they wish to survive, the demon may reject the bonding. Luckily for the humans, they usually accept it because, in return for sharing their life force, they gain up to three additional powers. (Only High Demons can get three and they're extremely rare. If this RP takes off, there will only be two High Demons permitted besides the single one I am allowing myself.)

Aaand that's all I have so far. ^^;

Open to suggestions!

Sounds interesting. What kind of rules do you plan to have in place?
Well, the standard RPNation rules, of course. Besides that, I'm not really sure. No godmodding or bunnying or anything, respond with more than five words, respect your fellow RPers... Stuff like that? I'm not sure what rules would need to be set, to be honest?

Well, the standard RPNation rules, of course. Besides that, I'm not really sure. No godmodding or bunnying or anything, respond with more than five words, respect your fellow RPers... Stuff like that? I'm not sure what rules would need to be set, to be honest?
Alright, just checking XD I'm not one to enjoy writing overly much amount of detail*, so I usually stay away from post minimums just to be safe. But I also tend to stick to the 1x1 area too XD So, we'll see how this goes.

*That doesn't mean I don't write much at all, just however much I feel is necessary. Typically a paragraph or so, maybe two if I need to describe a room or something.

Alright, just checking XD I'm not one to enjoy writing overly much amount of detail*, so I usually stay away from post minimums just to be safe. But I also tend to stick to the 1x1 area too XD So, we'll see how this goes.

*That doesn't mean I don't write much at all, just however much I feel is necessary. Typically a paragraph or so, maybe two if I need to describe a room or something.
I get that sometimes short posts are necessary sometimes and I know that there just isn't a whole lot that needs to be said sometimes, but I'd at least prefer " "Alright," he replied. " instead of just " "Alright." " (Please excuse the weird punctuation; I was unsure what to use to separate them so just stuck with quotation marks... -.-; )

I get that sometimes short posts are necessary sometimes and I know that there just isn't a whole lot that needs to be said sometimes, but I'd at least prefer " "Alright," he replied. " instead of just " "Alright." " (Please excuse the weird punctuation; I was unsure what to use to separate them so just stuck with quotation marks... -.-; )
Yup. Honestly either case should be a rare occurrence with me, unless someone else is also doing the same thing

hi! I think i'd be interested in something like this.
The premise sounds a little vague, but intriguing. Do you have a setting in mind?

hi! I think i'd be interested in something like this.
The premise sounds a little vague, but intriguing. Do you have a setting in mind?
Honestly? I didn't have any particular setting in mind, though I did consider something like a sort of merged human/demon realm. It's just an idea at the moment and pretty much everything about it is up for discussion.

Sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for... ^^;

Honestly? I didn't have any particular setting in mind, though I did consider something like a sort of merged human/demon realm. It's just an idea at the moment and pretty much everything about it is up for discussion.

Sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for... ^^;
If it helps, I immediately thought of just a standard, modern city setting, just with Demons and Humans living together XD

Hmm... Seems there's enough interest for me to try to think of a better thread title than "Bonded." XD

This seems pretty cool. I would be interested in creating a high-demon if one of the spots is still available.

This seems pretty cool. I would be interested in creating a high-demon if one of the spots is still available.
Well, no one's made a request for one yet. I guess I should actually get my head in gear and go to create a CS page now... XD

I have three different demons I could use, so I'll wait until some Human characters are applied before I choose which one to go with XD

One question, how long do Demons live? I assume they're also their own separate race instead of being created when Humans die

Hmm... I'm going to say that most demons average around 10,000 years with High Demons getting an extra couple hundred years. It's almost unheard of for any demon to reach 11,000.

... Does that seem reasonable or should I tweak it...?

Hmm... I'm going to say that most demons average around 10,000 years with High Demons getting an extra couple hundred years. It's almost unheard of for any demon to reach 13,000.

... Does that seem reasonable or should I tweak it...?
Nah, that's good. I was just curious, since my own Demons can live forever as long as they're not physically killed XD So I wanted to make sure the backstories I made for that wouldn't conflict with anything here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back