• I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hercynia

Island of Thoughts
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi there.

I have a concept for a Sci-fi racing sort of rp, heavily based around vehicles. The problem here is, you really need some way of randomising acceleration, making it fair, and such things. From what I can think of the best way to do this would be to use dice, which I've never used. So please, let me know if you can figure out any other ways to do this, or how you'd use dice. Don't be scared to let me know that you think it isn't possible too. Any/all critique and ideas are welcome!

Yes, that way things are randomized. I don't know what else to say after that, but I did thought of something and now I can't remember. But You do want to use Dice to help out with something like that! I hope you RP does well!

Depending upon how in depth you want this to be, you can make stats for each vehicle and then have the dice pull from the stats. I tend to like dice pool systems because for me they are less random and allow you to play more strategically (based on the system of course). PM me if you want some help!

I think you should let the characters come up with they're own stats but do a dice roll to determine the places they finish in.

Based on what you are stating, I would strongly suggest the dice system. This will basically come down to a lot of up front detail work on your part. The good news is if you work on it hard to start with, it tends to almost self manage during the role play.

You will want to lay out the different skills that will make up the stats of the cars. Such as Acceleration, Durability and other car stuff with a range of say 1-12. Then players will have allotted amount of points they can distribute in those categories. Then here is where it can differ but the way I do it is if they say, have say a 7 for Acceleration, then if they roll between a 1-7 it was successful. Rolling an exact 7 means it was ideal and the best conditions. If they role a 8-12 they are unsuccessful. If they roll a 12, I would say they stalled out all together.

That is how I would do it if it were me. Honestly though, you can make it as complex or simple as you wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back