• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [ R W B Y ] : Beyond the Fall

IT6nEfv.jpg

With the end of her workday approaching, Gian found her patience strained. It had been a tough day of negotiating with one of her least favourite clients as to the drafting of a contract involving bodyguard services, and those could be some of the worst. Now, however, it was something different. Now, Gian had the case she had chosen to deal with last, because she had prepared for it and knew it would be the perfect end to a long day.

The incense burning throughout the last few hours had made the atmosphere somewhat heavy in the large office. With a gesture, Gian ordered one of the servant girls to open the window, and took a deep breath of the cool breeze that came in as the girl stepped aside and remained standing in a corner of the room. The House of Patience had a height befitting its importance and reputation when it came to legal mediation in Kuchinashi, so the air coming through the window was clean, free of odours and as fresh as you could get in the capital of a kingdom. Her senses seemed to awaken. A last spurt of energy for the day? That would be nice.

“I am terribly, terribly sorry to waste your time, Miss Gian!” The old woman apologized for the umpteenth time, kneeling on the floor in front of the large red wood desk at which Gian sat. To the right of the old woman stood a Mr. Gelb. A large, proud man of unmistakably Atlasean features. And to his side, his mediator, an experienced professional from a different, minor house. He was about as young as Gian, but looked far more uncomfortable. Given the way the Atlasean man stood, with a firm posture and his hands crossed behind his back, Gian could guess the reason for the other mediator´s discomfort. He knew he was going to lose the case, given the wold woman was a fragile granny who lived alone, while his client was a wealthy man of ruthless character.

Gian nodded to herself, not bothering to take her eyes off the parchment on the black mat over her red wood desk. “Enough, old mother. Stand up.”

“I am sure...”, the Atlasean man said with the mellow tones of an experienced businessman who thought himself the winner of a trade confrontation, “... you can see the contract is clear and with no loopholes. I provided the old lady´s dwelling with all the comforts as specified in the papers.”

“What about the heating unit?” Gian Do asked, eyeing the old woman warily as she stood up on her seemingly fragile knees.

“The heating unit? Ridiculous! The weather in Kuchinashi is comfortable enough not to require one even in winter!”

“While that may be true from what we´ll call common sense, the law states explicitly that all the comforts in a dwelling include heating.”

“And you expect me to pay back all of this lady´s money even though she´s been living there for seven months?” The Atlasean was becoming agitated. What came next calmed him down a little.

“No, only a fifth of it. And of course, she´ll have to leave the dwelling within a week.”

The Atlasean raised an eyebrow, and his mediator began whispering excitedly into his ear with a sudden smile. The old lady, meanwhile, had opened her eyes wide like saucers. Her lips trembled, and her voice became noticeably sharper in tone, leaving behind the pitiful, grandmotherly facade she had been using until that moment. “B-but... Miss Mediator! Th-this man, he cheated me! And you want me to leave the house right now? With hardly any money?”

It was Gian´s turn to raise her eyebrows, in feigned surprise this time. Without missing a beat, she opened a drawer and extracted two old contracts that she displayed for the three people standing before her desk. Both had double seals from other mediation houses, meaning they had been approved when first drafted, and that when a dispute had happened afterwards, a mediator had intervened and pronounced a verdict on them. There was something else to consider, of course, and it was that Gian had gone to the trouble of asking the other houses for the documents. A good habit of Gian´s, making sure her servants, who also acted as her secretaries, did their job. It made it so much easier and satisfying to surprise people. Smiling with horribly insincere kindness at the old woman, she spoke in a softer tone of voice than before. “I would think those two other times you were fully reimbursed by landowners without heating units would have allowed you to save some money for unexpected trouble such as this?”

The old woman was paralyzed by fear and shame, blushing, her eyes fixed upon the contracts. The Atlasean man turned his upper body toward the old lady, a smile of self-satisfaction showing how pleased he was to be dealt with fairly. Gian guessed this did not happen too often. Given the old lady seemed to have gone suddenly mute, the mediator wrote a few signs that explained quickly the end result of her arbitration, then took the seal of the House of Patience that rested upon her desk and slammed it down with sure finality onto the contract her own house had drafted between the two parties involved in the case today. Now, there were three parchments with double seals, all of which she handed over to her servant, who hurried forward to take them. “Make sure copies are made and distributed to every mediation house. And you can go home now. I will see our guests out."

“Yes, Miss Gian.” The servant girl bowed and left the office through a hidden door at the back of the room.

With a sigh, Gian Do stood up, her dress fluttering around her as she walked around her desk to stand in front of the old woman. She leaned down to stare at her from above with that insincere smile still on her lips. “Out.”

The old woman grumbled and glared at her before turning around and walking through the double doors with quick, angry steps. The Atlasean and his lawyer remained still as Gian approached them to address them. “I know we deal in the illegal here, but we are still punctilious about it. Next time you wish to make a deal, I advise you to stick to the letter. Arguing about it won´t do you any good, Mr. Gelb. We can be rather final about such things.”

“So I´ve heard.” Gelb chuckled before bowing respectfully, though Gian got the distinct impression there was a hint of mockery in the gesture. There was a very real feeling that she would be seeing this man again in the future... though with a different mediator. He turned and left, followed by his companion, who bowed at Gian rather hurriedly. Servants waiting outside closed the doors behind them, and the silence in the office felt soft like a pillow for a moment.

Gian chuckled to herself, imitating the Atlasean. She did not particularly enjoy justifying some people´s arrogance, but she had to be above such ideas if she was to do her job. A job she was done with today, too. One of her favourite songs slipped into her mind at that thought. Taking slow steps, swaying her hips and shoulders as the rhythm took over despite the inappropriateness of her clothes for dancing, Gian moved toward her secret stash of fruit juice and alcoholic beverages hidden behing a wooden panel on the wall. That wall was actually between her office and her bedroom. She was looking forward to watching one of her favourite films and falling asleep on her office couch. The wall opened after pressing a cleverly disguised button, and the large screen and minibar hidden behind slid back from their position looking into her bedroom, turned around, and slid forward into the office. Turning the screen on with one hand, she began choosing her drink for the night with the other... when the screen suddenly went black, the menus hidden behind the sign of an incoming call.

“It never ends...” Gian rolled her eyes, then sighed, somewhat amused at the irony. She set the drink down and picked up the remote as she turned to move toward her couch, a piece of art. Much like the rest of the office, it was red and dark (the velvet and the wood, respectively, in this case). She sat down, and accepted the call, eager to hang up as soon as she caught the slightest hint that this was a marketing thing.

nyx.png
&
Jack Onyx
shadowz1995 shadowz1995

The commander sat at the edge of the roof, at the helipad, with his legs dangling over the edge and watching the sun in its final moments before darkness and moonlight took over Remnant. Whether it be the drink or the sight but Jack was feeling....happy. Relaxed. It had been a very, very long time since he could say that he was legitimately relaxed.

The soldier hummed an old tune from a fairy tale that he remembered his father telling him one time. He leaned back and propped himself up with his arms as he took in the sight of Atlas and his entire base during the vestiges of dawn and it truly was a sight to behold. His breathing came slow and even and one could tell that Onyx was in a relaxed state that possibly no one has ever seen him in. It was almost as if the commander was capable of acting his age for once.

"Didnt expect you to be out here. Last place I would look." said a sudden female voice as she came up from behind Jack, only to move to his side and take a seat next to him. About two hours had passed since the encounter with Ephraim and the Faunus was far more relaxed, but couldnt shake a funny feeling that just seemed to haunt her till no end. Was it Guilt? But what would she be guilty for? "Now I know where my Boss's after-drink spot is." he probably wasnt here for a good two hours but it was possible. Taking in the fresh air, looking out towards Atlas while the sun was no longer seen and was replaced with the shattered moon that everyone knew of. Nyx wished she could say more to Jack, but she wasnt sure where to start. If she mentioned anything from the bar, it'd just cause another fight and the kitten really wasnt up for another one...especially after just arriving to talk with her partner.

"So..." she said softly, pulling her knees to her chest as she wrapped her arms around them and propped her head up on her knees while still looking out towards Atlas.

"Ahh, if it isn't my partner for life." He joked with a smile. He wasnt anywhere near as hammered as he was two hours ago but it was clear the alcohol had not worn off yet if he was still smiling and making jokes.

"After-drink? Nah, I don't have a spot like that. I just like to come up here. My dad showed me this spot when I was a kid. Reminds me of him." Jack turned his a little to look at his companion and drained didn't seem to be enough to describe how she looked. She probably had it out with Nikos but since Nyx didn't seem pissed off or like if she was crying, he figured they must have come to some kind of agreement.

"So,"
he replied, "Still mad at me?"

Nyx let a smile tug the corners of her lips. At least a smile was still able to still make it's way onto her face despite what happened today. "I'm a bit mad at you, yeah." the faunus turned her head toward him "I found out things that you kept secrets from me and it bothers me to no end." Secrets always made it into everyone's personal lives and would often cause trouble if spilled. Nothing ever good came from secrets, even when proof was shown on top of that. "It's hard not to be mad, really. You kept a big secret from me. I've mentioned Ephraim so many times and you never said that he was alive. Or even said "He's probably fine." He was one of the people that was on my list." she turned her head back towards the scene in front of them, the tip of her tail gently tapping the helipad.

Jack chuckled tapped the girl gently on the shoulder with his injured arm, "Hey, to be fair, I've never said I don't know where your friends are. Just that they were hard to pinpoint. I also told you that some of your friends didn't want to be found remember?" He said in reference to the morning she woke him up at his desk.

"I get that your mad, Nyx and fully accept any contempt or anger you have towards me. But you know me. When I make a promise...." (lol for references)

"You keep those promises." she finished for him, turning her head once again, feeling Jack gently tapping her shoulder. "Yeah, I guess you're right. But we found them anyway." heavily injured -aside from Cinny- but alive at the very least. "Really cant be mad at you if you gave me some sort of answer to that. But I just cant help it." her ears lowered along with her gaze. There was really not much that the kitten could come up with, even the thought of apologizing popped into her mind but what would she apologize for? Getting mad at him? I should apologize for just eavesdropping...That was rude in general.

"I'd be mad too if someone had that kind of information hidden from me. I'd want to know if my girlfriend or lover was alright. So no need for apologies or sappy words. I'm sure we'll get past it one day but until then, I accept your anger and mistrust. It's only fair." The soldier let out a chuckle before scooching closer and pointing at his face, "Wanna clock me one?"

Black ears perked up at his words in surprise, he was so calm, he was smiling, laughing. Things that he rarely did in public, even with her privately he'd rarely do these actions. Just the fact that he pointed at his face and asked if she wanted to clock him "I dont want to clock you. I'm not even angry enough to do that." Ephra did make me angry enough to get a slap in the face though... "Maybe back at the bar I would have punched you so hard you fell off your chair, but I walked away before I could do that."

"Ms. Belladonna," he said in mock surprise, " this is the first time you've ever lied to me." A light laugh left the commander's lips at the joke followed by a relaxed sigh. "Not to mention you probably couldn't punch me off a chair no matter how hard you tried. Even if I am hurt and drunk." His visible eye closed as he enjoyed the breeze that came from being in an elevated place. His muscles visibly relaxing with the currents air making his hair move around in its tied up state. The merc reached up and with some effort pulled his hair free so he could fully enjoy the breeze and he immediately was loving the decision. The wavy, raven black locks that cascaded down to his shoulders now moved with the breeze and it almost brought a tear to the young man's eye.

Nyx's eyebrow's furrowed with confusion "What? I didnt lie to you!" what did she say that was considered a lie? But His laugh really was something new to hear, almost as if it was music to her ears because she never thought that she would hear more than a chuckle from him. Today was just full of surprises. However, she was embarassed that she was gullible enough to fall for that joke of his. "I could try at least." she muttered as her golden eyes continued to watch her partner as he pulled his hair free of the hairband and allowed it to fly within the wind. "How long do you plan on staying out here for? Just curious..."

"Forever If I could. Just to act like myself for awhile longer." He sighed again before continuing, "Just to act my age for a little bit more..." At that moment, Jack got an idea and slowly reached out to the feline with his injured arm before suddenly shooting out and grabbing Nyx by the shoulder. He used a quick shot of strength to pull the cat girl's head into his lap and he started to play with her cat ears. "Like this! Haha!" As quickly as his rough, calloused hands moved, he was very gentle. He had heard Nyx complain now and then with how sensitive they could be.

"Well you can always act your age aroun-" suddenly she was pulled down into his lap, a squeak erupting from her throat "J-Jack!" the feline looked up at the happy male who was playing with her ears with a wide smile on his face. Nyx's cheeks slowly turned pink and tried to avoid his gaze "Y-You could have just asked...to touch my ears..." this was a part of Jack that she was not used to. Seeing him so open and so playful...was this the real him out of his serious persona? He may have still been a bit under the influence but she felt nothing but pure genuineness radiating off of him.

Jack merely shook his head at her, "Nope. I couldn't. Not very commander-like of me to want to play with a cute faunus's kitty ears but I'm drunk and I'm not the commander right now so whoever has a problem with it can bite me." The large young man eventually shifted his focus from her ears to running his fingers through her hair that was very much like his own. "I've always wanted to do this. At least once." His unbandaged eye shifted back out to the near night horizon and Jack took a small breath at the scene. "This is nice. Very nice."

Nyx blushed more at the comment/compliment that left Jack's lips. Of course he thought that she was cute, he said something similar back at the bar but it still made her become flustered. "Well...I would bite them before they bite you..." her voice was soft while her eyes began to close. "At least you can say that you did it, right...?"

"Mmmhm. Think I can die happy now." He said with a laugh. "You'd bite them for us having a nice moment together? I think you just made my heart skip a beat Ms. Belladonna." A string of chuckles followed the tease. He looked down at the faunus in his lap, "Ephraim is a lucky guy. I'd kill for something like this."

Why does he keep saying things to make me more flustered? He's acting more and more like Eph...But he is drunk I guess. She thought, keeping her eyes closed to avoid getting flustered even more. Her heart began to ache, however, when Jack mentioned Ephraim. It hurt to say it, but she had to clear the air "Jack, Ephraim is not a lucky guy. We're...I dont even know what we are." the event that happened between the former lovers was something that Nyx couldnt come to terms with. She wanted more, but at the same time she didnt. "I guess you can say we're starting from square one again. Starting off as friends."

At that news, Jack raised an eyebrow, " The tone in your voice suggests something else, Nyx. But I've never been one to pry so.." With that, the sentinel looked away from the feline and out to the horizon once more.

"I had an argument with him, is all. Just about what I heard at the bar."
as much as she wanted to tell Jack everything that happened, she couldnt bring herself to do it and now she was calling the kettle black. Hypocritical at its finest. "I'm sorry..." she said softly, finally opening her eyes and exposing the golden color within. "Guess we both got to see new sides of eachother, hm?" at this point she was trying to move off topic.

The apology drew a more serious look to Jack's face but his eyes didn't move from the scene before him, "You wouldn't apologize unless you felt guilty about something." He said with some measure of conviction in his voice. Even drunk, Jack was still unbearably sharp but as he stated before, he wasn't the type to pry into people's personal lives. So, when the attempt came about, he didn't refuse it. "Mmm. You got to see me when I dont have the weight of the world on my back and I got see a pissed off feline. Did you know you bristle when you're mad? It's quite adorable."

The feeling she was suspicious of had been confirmed by Jack himself. She was guilty. But the kitten didnt press on it any longer while her eyes scanned Jack's face from her angle. Or at least tried to. "...I bristle when im mad?" the fact that he found that adorable made Nyx wanna hide her face. Why did she get flustered at compliments like these? The questions had to stop " I'm sure when i'm at a certain point of anger, I do bristle. Guess you guys got to that point."

"You guys? I just sat there and drank. I didn't actually say much. Most of your anger was directed at your not-boyfriend." He stated with a small laugh. Jack's hands stopped moving through the feline's hair. One remained atop of her head and the other moved to his knees where Nyx wasnt so he could lean forward and get into a more comfortable position before returning to normal. The hand atop of her head began to pet her slowly, " Are you okay? After the whole arguement? Well, I mean I know you aren't but you know."

The feeling of Jack's hand gently petting her head made the Faunus begin to purr, closing her eyes once again while her ears flattened "Yeah, I'm okay. Both got our shouts out. Beat on each other a little." she shrugged softly "At the end I just tossed him my scroll so he could put my number in his scroll because I needed some air and I really didnt want to stay in that room any longer." a sigh escaped her lips, the desire to tell him exactly what happened kept jabbing at her. It was almost as if she was guilty of a crime.

The commander's head tilted with a small smile at Nyx's expression. Something was tearing at her and Jack could tell when she was holding something back. It didnt take a genius to figure out that something happened with Nikos that had her doing conscious doing backflips and Jack could imagine what. It was just a matter of why that was causing her such turmoil. "Nyx relax. Whatever happened, I wont judge you for it. Let's just enjoy the moment. Alright partner?"

At least Jack wouldnt judge her, just that alone made her relax. "Yeah. Sorry for being so worked up about it." the kitten shifted and got more comfortable, pushing more into his hand as he continued to pet her. Purrs becoming a little louder than before. I think this is the most relaxed i've ever been. Being petted while the sun sets, talking with my Partner on a almost-personal level, seeing a new side of eachother. "Thank you, Jack." she said after being in silence -aside from her purring and the noise of the nighttime creatures- for a few moments.

"Nah. Thank you for making my life somewhat bearable. I wouldn't have lasted this year as Commander without you." The male leaned down and laid light kiss on her head before encouraging her to get up. "Come on. I think you've had a long enough day Commander Belladona."

Just feeling his lips press up against the young woman's forehead, made her blush once again. Definitely redder than the last blush she had gotten over. Jack's actions were catching Nyx entirely off guard at this point. Opening up her eyes for the last time, she looked up at Jack who was encouraging her to get up "I plan to still push you, you know. You're very welcome." then she continued "What if I dont want to leave? What if I want to stay like this a while longer?" secretly, all the kitten wanted was more petting time with him. "Also, Jack, what was that kiss for?"

"I still plan to laugh at you trying." He said with a smile. Jack made the move to stand but was mildly surprised with his companion's next choice of words. He looked down and regarded her for a long moment before shrugging his shoulders and resuming his petting, "Then we'll stay like this as long as you want." he promised with a light chuckle.

The next question did give the man of stone pause as he thought about how to answer that. He absentmindely continued petting his partner and he eventually just shrugged his shoulders and locked eyes with her, "It just felt right. If I'm being honest, I had the urge to go for your lips but I'm not THAT drunk to force myself on a girl. Much less someone I care so much about."

"You...Actually planned to go for my lips?" this surprised her greatly because she didnt think that Jack would say something so honestly like that from the romantic department. "I'd be a fool to let a woman like that get away." The sudden memory resurfaced from the eavesdropping she had done earlier that evening, and it was slowly starting to process through her mind "Though I wont deny her if she takes that kind of interest in me." Now pieces of the puzzle were starting to come together and make a lot more sense. Especially since he just admitted to having a urge to go for her lips.

The Black-haired Faunus pulled from his hand and sat up, facing towards him "You like me." she suddenly blurted out. Golden eyes looking at his exposed black one -since the other had been bandaged- "It all makes sense now." how come Nyx didnt notice this sooner? Was her mind clouded to the point where she couldnt see what was right in front of her?

"Uh..." The expression that came upon Jack's face was one of genuine confusion. Clearly, he had been expecting many things but THAT was not one of them. Though it regressed into a thoughtful one as Jack became pensive on what she had just declared. The young man had never really thought about it. While he knew that he certainly wouldn't deny Nyx if she were to make advances on him, it never dawned on him as to why he wouldn't. It just never really processed.

"Is that what it is?"
He asked honestly. Their eyes were locked and were mere inches away from each other but this just made Jack more confused. "I never really thought about it."

The feline nodded "It makes sense, Jack." things were clearer now and she was happy for that. Being the one to figure something out about the great Commander Onyx himself made Nyx feel like she just conqured the greatest achievement in the world. "What you said back at the bar, and what you said now, both fit perfectly with each other and come out with a final answer. Which is that you like me." she couldnt help but release a soft giggle "I cant believe I'm even saying this about my Partner, who i've been by for a little over a year almost nonstop." her ears were perked and her tail was waving around gently.

Why did she feel like she just did something insane? Just the energy surging through her blood gave her enough energy to be both happy and excited while showing that she was no longer exausted as she once was.

"Huh... Well, how about that?" Jack shrugged again and before looking over the feline with a smile, "I suppose that's that. Not sure what that entails but I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Jack, do me one favor and close your eyes."

"Hm? Sure."
And so he did...well his good eye anyway.

The faunus bit her lip and had an ever-growing blush appear on her cheeks for the 50th time today before she lifted her right hand up to his left cheek, feeling the warm skin underneath I cant believe im going to do this. She thought to herself, slowly closing the distance between their lips but at the very last second... She chickened out, quickly switching to his cheek and gently pressing her lips against the warm skin for a brief moment and pulling away. Turning her head to face away from him as her cheeks only grew redder. Sure, it wasnt a kiss on the lips, but it was still something she never did to Jack before. It was definitely something that she didnt think would happen.

The mercenary's eyebrow rose in mild surprise when he felt her lips against his cheek. One solitary black eye opened to see a woman who was more red than anything else, which was a sight in and of itself. Enough to get a laugh out of the young man. "Surprisingly daring of you, Nyx. But I enjoyed it nonetheless." He said with a light hearted smirk.

Nyx's golden eyes shifted to look at Jack from the corner of them, and slightly turned her head toward him "I can be daring when I want to be." she admitted "I just felt like being daring right now. At least you got a laugh out of it." and he also enjoyed it, so there really wasnt anything to have a catastrophic mental breakdown over it. "You also kissed my forehead so I guess you could say it was payback? If you had cat ears, I'd probably rub those too. But you dont so..." she nodded and finally faced him fully, her golden eyes following the bandages on part of his face before moving back to his good eye.

"Well, I enjoyed it more than when Joy kissed me. So that supports your theory." He replied with a little chuckle.

The kitten didnt know whether to feel flattered or angry. Why would he bring up what He and Joy had earlier today? Why did he even feel the need to say that? "Really?" was all that left her lips before a hand lifted and slapped him right across the face. Unfortunately for Jack, she used her stronger hand and managed to slap him directly on the bandaged side of his face. "Thanks for bringing Joy in on this." both Jealousy and anger welled up inside her as she got off his lap and got to her feet. Fixing her dress in the process. Later on she'd feel bad about hitting him, but right now, that was the last thought that'd come to mind.

"....ow." The slap had stung but nothing Jack couldn't brush off easily, even though it was the injured side of his head. More than that, it was the look of surprise and confusion on Jack's normally emotionless face that was more apparent. "Why?" He asked with genuine wonder.

"Why?" she repeated to him "...I'll let you figure that out on your own." Jack was smart enough to figure it out. But judging by his reaction, he literally had no clue on why the hell she just slapped him across the face. Nyx could be a little patient with him after what he's gone through today... "I'm gonna head off to your office. Get some things done before I go sleep." she turned away from him "Hope you sleep well tonight." with that said, the faunus walked off, moving back towards base.

"Um... good night?"

Figuring this out was going to give him more of a headache than the alcohol was...​

Time Skip, One week Later*

Ephraim Nikos
Where: His quarters, Black Sentinel Base
With: Collab with Gian Do Saavedra Saavedra , Collab with Nyx Belladonna Britt-21 Britt-21

Ephraim closed the call from Ironwood on his scroll. So a potential maiden had been found in Mistral, and another potential Maiden had been rumored and currently was being scouted for. He needed another week to recover. He needed to finish upgrading the truck. He needed to finish reforging his shattered weapon.

He needed to stop thinking so damn much. Make a phone call. Confirm the maidens existence, or have reasonable evidence to suspect her, and bring her in by any means necessary.

Not likely. Maidens were incredibly strong, if the old legends had even a grain of truth in them. Ephraim would rather not tangle with them if at all possible. But he needed to know.

Ephraim called the number from his computer, and waited for the call to pick up. Then he sat there for a moment in silence before blinking.

“This is a video call. Right.” He sighed in slight exasperation, and then reverted to calm business, “Hello, Ms. Gian Do. I am Lieutenant Ephraim Nikos, Suicide Mission Expert and Independent Contractor in the Atlesian Military. I also happen to be a survivor of the Fall of Beacon and the Fall of Vale, if that matters at all. May I have, say, ten minutes of your time? I have questions that need answers, and you have the means to get them. I also have the money to buy them.”

The man´s message made Gian pause and stare at the screen. Those were some impressive, and sad, credentials. The Fall of Beacon, the Fall of Vale, were cause for much panic in Mistral and, more specifically, in Kuchinashi. And also, a boom in business among those who knew how to take advantage of such opportunities. The mediator nodded in recognition of Nikos´ words, even as she wondered how it all related to her… and suspecting she would not like the answer.

Gian made herself comfortable on her couch while maintaining the straight posture that emphasized her status, and the rather provocative cut of her dress. Both important features in their own way. “Name your needs, and I will see about satisfying them, Mr. Nikos.”

“Please. Ephraim. Formality is for bureaucrats.”

He waved his prosthetic right arm vaguely, dismissing the side thought. He did, however, take a moment to appreciate her figure in that dress, before settling into a line of conversation.

“You may know some things about who we’re up against. The only intel I can share about him, in exchange for your information, is that he’s not human or faunus, can control grimm, and may be a telepath, as well as being a powerful martial artist. And that’s all I can give you, because that’s all we know. Grimm and Bandits are easy. Not a single person on this planet was expecting him and his fellows.”

He folded his steel fingers with his flesh fingers and stared dead into the camera, his poker face settling in as he spilled his main line of query, first.

“My main mission right now is to find the four maidens, if they even still exist. We’ve heard there’s one who supposedly hanging out in Mistral. Would you happen to know anything about it?”

Gian was paralyzed by such a direct reference to what she knew she was. That caused her immediate problems. Whatever else the stranger might have talked about, his unsubtle way of implying what they both knew was true settled itself as the main problem in her mind. Few, if any, knew of her identity as the Fall Maiden. How this man had found out, she did not know. And what he intended to do about it...

Still, the mediator was experienced enough not to let her emotions override her senses for too long. The information about that strange and powerful man he talked about… that could be important, certainly. This Ephraim Nikos seemed to think she was an information broker, and he was wrong. A mediator in Mistral was something very different. However, it could be important to someone else. Damn the money.

“... I see.” Gian looked away, buying herself a few precious seconds to think about this. Was it a good idea to trust this man? Common sense said it was not. Therefore…

The mediator looked at the screen. “I do not know who you are, Mr. Nikos”, she began with a clear indication of just how much she trusted the man, choosing not to use his first name. “I do not know why I should trust you. I will need to investigate your background as well as the possibility of a Maiden living here in Mistral, and then we can begin a negotiation about such serious matters. We can meet here in Kuchinashi in a week, perhaps?”

Ephraim smiled a little when she demanded a background check, like he was being scanned for a government pension. Although with a title like his, he probably wouldn’t live to collect it. Not ideal, but he acquiesced.

“Very well. I will send you a copy of my unclassified files in advance, but would it be possible at all to advance that timetable? Four or five days? If we know about a Maiden, then the cause of this chaos probably knows as well. And he wouldn’t leave a maiden alone.”

Not very subtle, but… it was also in Gian´s interests to agree to an encounter sooner. If this man had found her, others could. She nodded. “Four days from now, then. Ample time for me to level the playing field for our discussion. We will talk soon, Mr. Nikos.”

Having said that, Gian turned the screen off, stood up, and headed for the black drawer in her desk where she held one of the most important items a mediator could have: a notebook full of contact details belonging to people who owed her favours. This was the first time she would check through the whole list.

Ephraim rolled back in his chair, nodding at his success. The fact that she agreed to negotiate after a non-personal, unveiled threat gave him the strong impression that Gian knew exactly what he was talking about. And how she hurriedly hung up led him to believe that she either was the maiden, or knew who the maiden was. This wasn't going to be easy, but he wasn't going in blind.

He stood up to his full height, standing up straighter than he had in a while. Finally, a purpose beyond just stomping whatever stood in his way. He cracked his neck, and his real knuckles, and pulled his suit and tie off in order to don his atlas military uniform. He had to go. Crap, he needed a lot of things before this mission. It was sort of morning, but he already wanted to find Jack and get hammered again.

But that was all he had, other than his handgun he robbed off of some poor bandit who threatened the wrong veteran, and a few clips of average ammo. In a world of dust and monsters, all he had was his body, his brains, and his balls. So be it. So much more fun that way.

A purposeful twinkle appeared in his eye as he finished readying up and calling Nyx.

The kitten was in Jack’s office, working on some important documents her scroll sitting atop the desk and soon started to ring. Her golden eyes shifted over to it and seen it was Eph’s ID that was up on the screen and she reached out, picking it up and putting it on speaker “Good morning Ephraim. What brings you to call this early in the morning?” she asked with a soft smile as she sat back in the chair she was sitting in.

A sigh of relief escaped his lips as Nyx answered his call.

“I’m leaving in thirty minutes. I have found a significant lead on a Maiden in Mistral. We’ve agreed to negotiate for the information, so leave the soldiers at home. I just need a few people to fight grimm and bandits with. The route does go through Vale, after all.”

Suddenly the Faunus’ expression turned serious “Thirty minutes? It’s only been a week and you’re already leaving.” as much as she wanted him to stay and continue healing, she couldn't stop him, especially since his mission was to get the Maidens. “You’re taking a team with you. A good one at that if you’re going to be fighting Grimm and Bandits.” she had to call shots now and the only way she was gonna do it was to think almost how Jack would.

“What else do you need other than soldiers?”

“Good to know I can count on you. I don’t want soldiers. I want three people from Beacon. I want to leave Azure here, in case the Maiden turns out hostile. Cinny should stay too, so Azure can have someone she knows. So that leaves you, Jack, Joy, and that Aryl guy.”

Ephraim sighed, knowing he was asking a lot.

“I don’t really need anything else, but I need whoever goes at my truck in thirty, fully geared. Until we get to Mistral, there is no resupplying. No airships. If we know, Dominatum probably knows. We go and talk, and convince her to come back without drawing too much attention.”

He didn't want soldiers, he just wanted the people who were in beacon to go with him. Not to mention only three people. “I’ll call Joy. See what I can ask of her. I’m sure she’d want to get out of here and kill some things. Especially after being in this place for a week. I’m not sure about Aryl and Jack… Well I’m not going to ask him yet. He’s still healing from the injuries earlier this week.” if she had to, she would volunteer herself.

“Are you definitely sure you don't want any soldiers at your disposal? I have a bad feeling that just you and three others will not be enough. Especially if Dominatum is already on that other maiden’s tail. Surely he’d have an army of his own. I can send two or three in with your team.”

Ephraim shook his head, and sighed. “If Dominatum, or Lark, or anyone else show up, we need to get in, get her, get out. The more people to keep track of, the longer it takes. My truck will be the only vehicle, and it seats five, but we need that one for her, just in case. Three people. Find three people for me, please, but I’d prefer people I know. If Azure comes along, I’d prefer it to be a last resort, due to risk. Speaking of which… I need to let her know I’m leaving. Have whoever meet me in the hangar, thirty minutes after the call, and just get directly in the truck. When it’s full, the pedal hits the floor.”

Nyx nodded “Alright. You got it. I’ll have comms ready for you and your team in the hangar, along with their weapons. I’ll also get a call in on your weapon and get that out to the hangar as soon as I can. Once you leave, we have your back if you need backup.” the kitten got up from Jack’s chair and picked up her scroll “Go ahead, go talk with Azure. I’ll be busy setting things up and getting everything prepped for you. Anything else you need, Ephraim?”

Ephraim nodded again. “I’m just gonna send her a voice message. I don’t have time for a heart to heart. We need to be in Mistral in two days, because the weather up north will slow us down. We’re closing in on winter fast, sweetheart.”

After a moderate “hmm”, Ephraim responded, “Pack rations and camping gear. Warm clothing. As much ammo as we can load into the bed, without emptying Jack’s armory too bad. This mission takes a week, tops. And we avoid what conflicts we can.”

“Rations, camping gear, warm clothing and ammo. Got it. Also I doubt you would empty Jack’s armory. You’d have to go on a really hefty mission to do that.” Nyx then walked out of the room and down the hall “I’ll see you off in thirty. See you then.” with that, she hung up and began to do her job as commander and start getting things set up for Ephraim and his team. “No dilly dallying! Let’s go!”

Upon hanging up, Ephraim was on the move, having to cram packing, resupplying, breakfast, and to blast through a last minute bit of work on his stolen, upgraded toy. He ended up skipping breakfast and eating his lunch rations early, but at least he was ready and waiting.

While he waited, he left Azure a voice clip, not properly calling in case she was still sleeping or something. He went and visited her a few times while he was here, but they hadn't seen each other (haha) much.

"Hey. I got a call from Ironwood. We found a Maiden. I'm heading to Mistral with a few people to negotiate her coming back of her own free will. Um... Sorry I'm not bringing you along, there's just a huge risk factor, and... I'd rather you be as safe as you can for as long as you can. I'll be back in a week. Cinny will take care of you, or you'll probably end up taking care of him. I'll be back for you as quick as possible, and then we can go adventuring on our own again. I promise. See you soon."

He ended the clip and sent it off. And waited for the team Nyx promised him to arrive, seated in the driver's seat, newly upgraded and armored truck on and idling. He wasn't kidding. The door's been open for three minutes now.

*( Saavedra Saavedra 's first post is included in the time skip)

Mentioned: Joy Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat , Aryl LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 , Jack shadowz1995 shadowz1995 , Azure Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat

- - - - - -

Dominatum and Lark

"Child. Assemble our... Friends. It is time to move again. We have much to discuss, and not a lot of time to act."

The deep, softly spoken rasp, somewhat resembling a human voice, echoed through the uninhabited chamber. But somehow, the voice found it's intended recipient, the missing Xiaolong. She floated in delicately, her petite form and precise control of her aura disturbing none of the months of dust or the silence of the room within.

"Yes, master."

She drifted off again, going to find her companions, whether or not she actually wanted them to be her companions. She didn't know what she wanted anymore, now that her beloved was gone.

Dominatum sat in his shadowed corner, even after she left, his malevolent orange eyes glowing in the darkness. Finally he stood up, like a statue becoming animated with life. His long legs carried him swiftly to the great hall, which just a short few years ago housed a room full of fresh new faces. Shame, they could have just joined him in this new age. They were strong. They would have survived the process of becoming like him.

Once more, he took his seat at the massive stone table that now dominated the hall, his back to the fireplace and only source of light in the large chamber.

Lark floated in shortly after him, and took the seat beside him, while they waited for their allies.

Mentioned: Vixen StartingOver StartingOver , Garnet Cheshire Grin Cheshire Grin

IT6nEfv.jpg

Gian had been careless. Criminally so, almost. This was the only explanation as to how she had been found by someone she had never heard of before, and she would make no excuses about it. It was a grim and sudden realization that adopting her role as mediator did not really count as camouflage. Hiding in open sight had its limits just as much as hiding the standard way. Now it was time to adopt the latter method.

The Maiden´s notebook contained fifty-three names of people who owed her favours. That is, people who thought they owed her, since she had never favoured anyone in opposition to her status. She had never broken any rules, but these people thought she had done so, somehow, and Gian had been inspired enough to come up with the idea of writing down their names, just in case. Back when being a Maiden had been something new, exciting and dangerous.

Gian did not like being thrown back to those times so suddenly, but at least she remembered some very useful advice from the person who had passed her powers on to her.

Three of the fifty-three names in the notebook seemed useful to her at the moment. There was nothing else in her office or her adjacent bedroom that would serve her current purpose, but there were a few that may prove dangerous in the wrong hands, including the notebook. That item she did not want to abandon, though, so she tucked it under her arm before opening another drawer and taking her datapad out. An expensive little thing, and extremely convenient. The sort of device nobody working in an office could do without because of its wireless communications and large data storage capacity. Gian selected a contact and put it to her ear as she left the office and walked into her bedroom, the thin rugs on the floors muffling her steps. The long skirt of her dress brushed against the sheets on her bed when she approached her makeup vanity. She was halfway through putting all her perfumes, lipsticks and other assorted necessities on the top when the call finally went through.

“Good evening. This is Gian Do. Is Mr. Hyun home?”

The conversation was short and outwardly pleasant, but it was obvious to Gian that the man on the other end was of the sort that promised help quickly but later regretted being called upon to offer it. What she asked for was simple and harmless enough, though, and he agreed to lend Gian a small apartment for a few days. The mediator thanked him, ended the call, and dropped her datapad on the floor, right in front of the door leading into her personal bathroom. Gian her attention back to all the small perfume bottles, paint cases, lipstick and eyeliner pencils, among other items, that she had put on her vanity during the call. All she had was on the table and opened. Out of all of them, Gian picked a very small selection, hardly a fifth of the total, closed it securely, and tossed it all on the bed. Then, she turned back to the sizeable collection on her vanity. With a sigh, and the merciless look in her eyes she knew was there when she employed such methods, Gian made one pass of her hand over her vanity. The perfume burst into bright flames, tiny flares fed by the alcohol in the mix. So did everything else that could burn. The rest simply boiled away into nothingness. Or, rather, small clouds that reeked, competing with the pleasant fragrance of the burned perfumes. The small window by the door opened seemingly of its own accord and let fresh air in, pushing the smells of her consumed cosmetics out into the night.

Next came her clothes. She chose one outfit, and a replacement for the dress she wore at the moment. She took them into her hands and spent a few moments with her nose buried into the fabrics, breathing deeply. They had been properly washed, with not a hint of her own body odour in them. Only the fragrance of the products used to wash them, which made Gian feel nostalgic for a moment, wondering if these smells would ever grace her nose again. Knowing she could not afford such distractions, she returned to her merciless endeavour. Dropping the clothes on the bed together with the cosmetics she chose to keep, Gian was satisfied that she had everything she might need from her bedroom. The replacement for the dress she wore at the moment went into a beautiful, though rather large, burgundy satchel. It was joined by a few discreet pieces of jewelry, and a very impressive amount of cash.

There was literally nothing else she needed here, except a shower. A long one that gave her time to go back over all she had done and planned to do within the next two hours. Several times she had to return to her current plans rather than let her worries over the future distract her, asking her useless questions that she could not answer and would only hinder her current efforts. It was these efforts that really helped her sink into the attitude she needed to make them effective.

When Gian came out of the bathroom, there was a distinct change to the way she moved. Her naked body did not take firm and hurried, or slow and somehow pleasant steps. Her feet were quick and silent, her silhouette sinuous. She had let her long, dark hair down. All that was left to do was change into her new clothes. Not the replacement, which she kept in case she could ever come back, or simply as a formal dress, but the other outfit. A burgundy dress with a high-low skirt, wide sleeves, a black corset that joined a matching choker around her neck through a strip and strings running between and over her breasts respectively, showing cleavage in a different way, though equally enticing compared to her formal dress. A pair of matching heels, dark stockings that disappeared under her skirt and a silver necklace with an emerald on top of her choker completed the outfit.

lwDQymh.jpg

The whole combination made her look younger but more mature at the same time, more alluring in a way. After Gian applied the proper makeup on herself, she smiled at her reflection on vanity mirror. She looked like a young, wealthy woman, or like a high-class escort. Both were common in Kuchinashi. Not the perfect camouflage, perhaps, but definitely something that hid her powers both as a Maiden and as a mediator.

Her next motions were quick and energetic as befit her new look. Not entirely an act, though. Gian was not sure why, but she began to find herself excited at this whole act of careful destruction despite all the loss it meant.

Her makeup went into the satchel with her jewels, money and ceremonial dress. The whole thing landed by the door to her office a couple seconds later. The datapad she had left at her bathroom´s door went flying into the shower, and right into the water that had built up at the bottom. There was a satisfying crackle of circuits being fried. This sound was followed by fabrics being gathered and thrown haphazardly onto the bed. All the clothes Gian was not taking with her went onto the bed. This was much harder than with the makeup, but it had to be done as well. She picked up her satchel, put it comfortably at her side with the strap over her shoulder like an over-sized purse, and stared at the bed. Soon, Gian watched all the clothes she had loved rot away together with the bedclothes. A moment before, they were a beautifully colourful mix of silk, wool, velvet and other such fabrics. Dresses, underwear, shoes, gloves, sheets and a pillow. All of it seemd to sag down, as if tired... then dissolved into a dark, stinking mass. The smell chased the Maiden out and into her office. She could have accelerated the process if she wanted, or even burnt it all away... but Gian knew she was a bit rusty, and she didn´t like the risk of setting the building on fire.

After waiting for a few minutes, she entered again. The smell was gone. Gian Do took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and chased away all her memories, all her feelings and all her physical sensations. Not exactly a trance, not exactly meditation, but close enough for her purpose. The young woman exhaled and opened all her senses.

The room felt exactly the way she wanted it to feel. Someone had obviously lived here, one could tell by the context. It was a bedroom, it had a bathroom, it was by an office where someone worked. But it was uninhabited. It was eerily empty. The empty bottles, cases and tubes on the vanity only added to it. Gian Do´s room had become a strange place. A haunted one. No human smells, no clothes, a bed with no sheets or mattress, just the structure of wood and metal. The emptiness was not just conceptual, not just an idea or a word in one´s mind, but something almost solid, almost touchable.

It was almost perfect, short of obliterating the whole place.

It became even better when Gian Do was gone.

• I live to kill. I kill to protect, and the one I am protecting is missing...where is my stepsister?
    Garnet Hendrick-Muramasa
    rrmyoT5.png
    Mood: Indifferent
    With: Following Lark with Vixen to see Dominatum; Elysium Elysium and StartingOver StartingOver

It had been a year since the fall of Beacon and Vale. Everything was going well until the fall, the young man stood by the window as he overlooked the somewhat crumbling city of his former home. His dark purple gaze rose towards the well lite sky. His black-gloved hand held onto the dimly lite gem resting atop the cane he carried with him. While he didn't need to have the cane with him to walk, it was customary to carry your weapon at all times. Plus, it helped to have your weapon be concealed to look like an average looking item.

He held a neutral face as his head dropped from the sky. He closed his eyes as he started remembering the past. He started remembering the past, remembering why he was doing all of this. The Deer Faunus female whom he cared for, remembering how she was training with him and the other students, each with their own reasons. It felt like an eternity ago when Beacon fell; when he tried to get his beloved Faunus out to the safety of Mistral. It was even followed by the fall of Vale, panic set him. Somehow, he and his dear stepsister became separated. The last thing he remembered was seeing her teary face when in the sea of scared people.

The pale skinned male named Garnet's grip tightened on his cane before heard felt a presence near him. His dark purple hues moved in the direction of the presence before turning completely to see it was Lark. It was time to go and speak with Dominatum. His face remained indifferent to the situation as turned on his heel, his thigh lengthed black coat flapped behind him as he started in the direction of the meeting room. He had to clear his mind, it was time to deal with him. One of the few people Garnet could tolerate.

He wandered through the long corridors before he arrived in the dimly-lit room, the light from the fireplace was the only light source. Blocking the light, there was a chair and a figure sitting in it, it had to be him. Lark was sitting next to the being, so it couldn't be her. He turned his head slightly to look around. No one else had arrived just yet. The gem on the cane started to glow as he made his way to the chair second closest to the being sitting at the head of the table. Once he sat down, he waited for the others to make their appearance.

Vixen
With- Cheshire Grin Cheshire Grin and Elysium Elysium
"Mhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm." Vixen opened her eyes and sniffed the air lazily. Her ears, currently flopped limply on her head perked up as she woke up more. The beautiful young woman was naked, covered only by the mess of blankets and pillows she was tangled in. Her purple eyes shut as she sat up, stretching her long arms over her head. Her head shifted tot he right as she heard a knock on the door.

Her eyebrow raised"Oh dear Lark i'm naked.... why don't you come in?" Vixen grinned licking her lips. She heard nothing and giggled assuming the woman had left. "That's some spell he has on her." she commented to herself before crawling out of bed and to her closest. She ran her hand over a few outfits before deciding on a small black dress the clung to her figure.

She stepped into it and brought it up to her waist. Very carefully she placed her tail through the tail hole. Vixen had ,ade sure that every piece of clothing she owned, had a tail hole. The rest of the dress came up easily. Vixen looked at herself in the mirror. She let her long black hair fall down her back. She nodded in approval at her appearance then left the room in search of her man.

"Darling, must you send Lark? I would love for you to wake me up." Vixen said as she entered the meeting room. She spied the new member of their group. Smiling she walked over and presented her hand to Garnet. "Where are my manners. I'm Vixen, second in command here. I really liked Braun so you better be good." she leaned down. "We don't tolerate failure, even from the people I like." her grin got about as wide as it could, before she stood.

"We should be fast friends though, so don't fret." she waved a hand dismissing her threat as if it didn't happen. She sat down in her seat and put her elbows on the table. "What's the plan boys?"

nyx.png
Nyxxy smaller.jpg
LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Once the proper orders have been given out to some soliders, she went off to find one of the three people Ephraim needed: Aryl. Hopefully he'd be up and willing to go out on a mission with him. The first place she decided to check was his room. She knocked and heard nothing in return, assuming he was probably somewhere else within the facility or in the gym. The faunus caught him in the gym multiple times and she wouldnt be surprised if he was there again, so looking there next was the second best option. So, the Commander went, checking out the gym. Only to find that he was not in this room either "Hmm... Where could he be?" she placed her hands on her hips and thought to herself. If he isnt in his room, and he isnt here... I could only assume he's either going somewhere else in the base or sitting in the mess hall. she didnt have time to go and hunt him down, however. 30 minutes were on the clock and right now, she was sure she had a lot less. If the kitten didnt get the team assembled by 30 minutes, she was going to throw herself in that mix. No way was she letting the one man who she was finally reunited with, suddenly go out on a suicide mission.

Nyx moved away from the gym and walked down one of the halls before rounding a corner, slamming into a person that was larger in frame and had her stumble back. When she took notice on who it was, her ears perked "Aryl!" she said in surprise "Sorry for ramming into you just now. I was actually on my way to look for you. I have a request and hopefully you'll consider it." tick tock... "Ephraim is requesting a team for a mission he is going out on, and he needs three people. You were one of his choices. All you'll be doing -as far as I'm aware- is killing Grimm and taking care of bandits. You'll be given your weapon back as well as have supplies up for a week." she waited for a moment just so he could process what he was just asked before adding "The Black Sentinels will be on call in case things go south with that mission. If that happens, I will be coming to get all of you. Just know, you can say no. I'm not going to force you into something you dont want to do." unfortunately she would have to go on and find someone else to take his place.

"I know its sudden, but I got the message last minute and only have about 20 minutes to gather the other two." all the black-haired woman could do was hope that he'd take the job without hesitation. If he took the job, he'd be able to get some more fresh air, more leg room and kick some ass while he was at it. Nyx folded her hands in front of her as her tail swayed lazily behind her. "Take the job, and all you gotta do is head to the hangar and find Ephraim. He should be in there with his truck. If not, you can go ahead back to what you were once doing." she gave him a soft and friendly smile.​

Aryl had been wandering around the base, choosing to further explore and gain a sense of where everything was, incase he would need to know. He had just came from the armory when someone rounded a corner and ran into him, he took a step back to steady himself, while the other had stumbled back a few steps. He quickly realized her as Nyx, and she quickly apologized and sprung into her request of him.

"First off, you're alright, no need to apologize. And second..." He thought for a moment. The concept of being able to go out and kill some Grimm was appealing, far more appealing than wandering the base in search of something to do. We wasn't much of a drinker, so he never really went to the bar, and most of his days were spent in the gym, so a change of pace would do him well.

"Sure, I'd be down to go out for a week and help Eph. You mentioned he was in the hangar? I will head down there now and try to find him." Aryl said, stepping out of her way and heading down to the hangar, which he was at not an hour or so earlier. He broke into a brisk jog, heading into the hangar and looking for Eph and his truck. He soon spotted it and jogged over. "Hey, so I heard you wanted my help, here I am." He said, walking and leaning himself against the back of the truck, arms resting on the sides of the bed.

Britt-21 Britt-21 Elysium Elysium

Faith
With- Britt-21 Britt-21
Nyx Belladonna had found herself a new roommate. The teleportation gifted, spitfire of a kitten Faith had slept with Nyx every night since she had been at the base. It was fast approaching the point of being her new home. Currently Faith was covered from head to toe in blankets. The kitten's ears twitched a few times before she finally woke up.

Faith lifted her head up and looked around. She pulled the blanket off her face and froze up.It was always a little off putting to wake up in Nyx's room. She just wasn't used to the homey conditions just yet. At least the kitten had gotten over freaking out. She just lay there on high alert for a few moments. After she had calmed she started to look for Nyx.

She had taken to Nyx rather quickly, which surprised Faith about as much as it must had surprised Nyx. Especially after they first meet each other. Faith rolled out of bed, landing on her feet. She yawned and just walked out of the room in her cute pink pjs that Nyx got her.

She padded down the halls sniffing the air looking for Nyx. She peeked her head around the corner and spied Nyx with a...DOG! Faith hissed, her narrowed eyes caught Nyx's tail. Faith grinned and scurried over. She grabbed Nyx's tail."new!"

Joy Citron
Screenshot_20170717-165000.jpg

A week later, after everyone had settled down (for the most part), the snake was woken up by the buzzing and timed ringing of the scroll on a night stand just an arms length from the bed she slept in. The serpent stirred in her sleep, moaning and groaning, the white sheet that covered her, hugged her skin, and outlined her hourglass frame, with a prominent dip where her cinched waist was. Her waist long, bleached-bone-white hair was spread out on the bed and draped off the edge of the mattress' surface, dangling loosely and care free. Rubbing her big, rose red eyes she sat up, the other hand holding the sheet up lazily to just barely cover her bare chest. Looking over to her left, she saw her scroll lit up with Nyx's face on it. Must be urgent if the feline didnt take the time to look for her.....shed never find her anyway. Joy looked over to her right, at the male figure on the otherside of the bed, faced down in the pillow, shirtless with an arm hanging off the bed's edge. His long, heavy breaths gave hint toward the rigorous activity that took place that night, and seeing the male completely unconscious and exhausted put a smug smile on the snake's pursed lips. She snatched the scroll and brought it to her ear, "Helloooo~" her creamy, silky voice answered with a chime, still slightly raspy with a mixture of lust and a recently awoken throat. Nyx explained that Joy was to report to the hangar with haste, her incentive being she woukd be able to collect blood once again and wreak havoc. Joy wasnt even sure what the purpose was of all this but she didnt care, she was itching to go out and cause some mayhem, and maybe a get a few splatters of blood on her gauntlets. The temptress agreed and notified shed be ready and waiting at the hangar in fifteen minutes or less and hung up with out a reply from Nyx.

Joy placed the scroll back down and raised her arms to stretch, the sheet rolling off the curve of her chest and falling to her lap with out shame. When she finished, she threw her legs over and rose to stand, her hair following and swinging at the base of her lower back dimples, and glided over to her dress that had fallen into a bundle on the floor, right beside her other, necessary under garments. After putting on said garments, and slipping her unmodest dress, she took a couple minutes to braid those long, white locks before moving to the door quietly. Tip toeing, Joy took one last look of yet another man she was able to conquer, her prize being his weak and sore body lay limpy as it recuperated from her....ahem....'play time'.

The faunus was able to sneak out of her victim's room with out notice, and her heels clicked down the corridor as she made her way to the hangar to regroup with Eph. Joy's grin stretched into the eerie, perfect, seemingly-never-faltering smile she always had at the thought of going on a little adventure with Eph. Maybe the two can finally 'catch up' she thought, with serpent fangs glinting with the overhead lights as she walked under them. Arriving at the hangar was nothing new. With this past week Joys managed to keep herself preoccupied and out of any serious trouble. Toying with weapons, fixing ships and cars, and of course chasing after the fit, male soldiers at Jack's disposal...desperate for a woman's touch in the careful instance that they may never achieve such a luxury when sent off with a task to be done. Many were strongly disciplined and did not give in so easily, but there were a couple loose screws scattered here and there, and Joy always went for the weakest first. She stopped at one of the many entrances into the hangar, hand on her hip, leaning to one side, and waited as two guards allowed her clearence. They remained looking straight ahead as she passed them, blowing a kiss with a wink in thanks and wiggling her fingers as a good bye. Joy stepped into the hangar and looked around the large room like it was the first time she was seeing it. Some of Jack's men were fixing up busted equipment and parts, others where standing over tables talking about blueprints or what ever it was, and others just sort of cleaned after who ever it was doing the fixing. Soon after her little observations, slitted pupils zeroed in on Ephriam infront of her, and Aryl speaking to him. "Well isnt this exciting?" she cooed to get their attention as she approached, hips still swaying in the same rocking motion as always.

When she stopped infront of them she spoke at a lower volume now that they were right infront of her, "You called?" she winked at Eph with a sultry gaze. "I have to admit I was surprised you wanted my help," Joy spotted a case on a table behind him, beside the truck. A guard mustve brought it once Nyx gave word that Joy was going out on the field once again. She moved past him and stopped at the table, her hands running over the locks and fingers working to open it. She pulled the two sides of the case apart to open it, and wasted no time retrieving her most prized possesions. There were even a few slots in the case for dust crystals to safely rest. Unlike most weapons, Joy's gauntlets didnt require much dust, but when they did they called for its raw, crystal form, the most expensive. It didnt matter which dust crystal she put in, the result was always the same: mildly explosive energy blasts. Which looked closely to plasma. Whether she used a fire crystal or wind crystal, the gauntlets harness' its energy to power the whole weapon. "I found out some people dont exactly agree with my methods, I coukdnt care less~" she said shrugging, her back still slightly toward him while she slipped the gauntlets on in their cuffed form. Joy turned her head to the side to look at him, smirking, "But its nice to know that isnt always the case." The snake pushed herself from the table as soon as she was all set and took the two or three steps to Ephriam, and stopping when there was a mere six inches between their chests. Her hands slid up to fix the collar of his shirt/jacket (what ever hes wearing), her eyes still locked on his and more passionate than before. Joy's voice lowered to a soft and velvety whisper, "Tell me what you want me to do." her head tilted slightly, pursed lips curved with a suggestive little smirk. Her question had a double meaning, an ennuendo alluding to the thing she was always chasing after but also genuinely asking what it was he wanted her there for. She didnt get much information out of Nyx, she seemed in some sort of hurry, and what ever info she did get, it wasnt very detailed. Joy just wanted to know, in depth, what it was they were setting out to do, what ever Eph says wont make Joy walk away, so he wouldnt have to worry about that~

Joy tippy-toed a little to look over Eph's shoulder, "Hi Aryl, its very nice to see you once again," she waved to the other faunus behind Ephriam, "How are you this fine morning~?"

Elysium Elysium LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87
Mentioned: shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Britt-21 Britt-21

nyx.png
Nyxxy smaller.jpg

Hearing that Aryl was gonna go off on the mission almost made Nyx sigh in relief. "Yeah, he's in the hangar. Stay safe, Aryl." she called out, watching him walk down the hall. There goes one. Now I gotta call Joy. As she pulled out her scroll, her tail was suddenly grabbed and the kitten jumped slightly with a squeak "Hey!" looking behind her, she noticed that it was Faith who grabbed her tail "Faith, you scared me." who even knew that the little kitten was even awake? Not Nyx, that's for sure. "Give me a moment cause I need to call someone, Faith. Then I can talk with you." opening up the scroll, Nyx went through her contacts in search of Joy. Once found, she tapped her name and lifted the scroll to her ear, allowing her tail to sway around for Faith to play around with in the meantime.

A few rings went by before Joy finally answered "Joy, good morning. Sorry to disturb you, but I have something come up that you may enjoy." with that, she began to fill Joy in on mostly what the mission was about. Then left it off that Ephraim would debrief her more on the situation. As soon as the conversation was done, she hung up and looked at Faith who was still messing around with her tail. "You're having all the fun arent you?" ever since Faith had been brought into the base, things definitely have changed within the week. Even though Nyx was acting commander, she was still able to take care of Faith and train her while maintaining the balance of keeping Jack's desk clean of piled up work. While on the job, however, she seen some of the stress factors within it and understood Jack's pain. If only he came to her when he was stocked with work...

Now Ephraim needed one more person. Nyx knew very well that Jack wasnt going out and Azure didnt seem to be like she'd be up for another mission after what she went through. She could ask Cinny but Eph really didnt want him to come either. They had so many soldiers, but Ephraim wanted the little people they had from Beacon. Nyx ran her hand through her dark locks. Not really sure who to ask at this rate. Well, there was Silver... But was it okay to send her out in the field right now? After all, she's seen and heard how much that Silver liked Azure... Why did Ephraim have to make such a tight request? I'm going to have to send a random soldier with them. I really dont have many choices left.

Elysium Elysium Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat shadowz1995 shadowz1995 LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 (mentioned)

StartingOver StartingOver (interacted with)​

Faith
Faith purred as she snuggled her face into Nyx's bushy tail. It tickled her face, which she really enjoyed, it also moved allowing her to swat at it she pleased, so pretty much the perfect toy. She didn't pay much attention to Nyx's call. Nyx had made it clear Faith was not going on any mission soon. This had bummed Faith out at first, who was Nyx to tell Faith what she can and can't do? But the older feline had made sure Faith was feed,clean and safe. These were things Faith didn't take for granted.

Nyx's words made Faith look up. She was on her knees, both arms wrapped around Nyx's tail. She smiled and hopped up to a standing position. "Whatcha doing Bella?" she looked up at Nyx smiling, her own tail wagging happily. "Oh... I have a qustion? Did you know you were talking to a dog earlier?" Faith cocked her head to the side. "Did you take a extra dose of cat nip this morning while I was asleep?" Faith looked genuinely confused at Nyx's actions. "Any way what are you going to show me how to do today?

Faith almost absent mindlessly leaned forward and preformed a hand stand. She walked across the hallway and then back."Maybe combat training?" she asked as she righted herself. "OHHHHH can we go see Jack's office?" Faith clapped her hands and bounced up and down. "I'll only spin around in his chair three times!" she put one hand on her hip and gave a thumbs up with the other hand. She shut her eyes and gave a toothy grin. Last time she had been, she couldn't help herself. She spun till she fell out, laughing the entire time.

with Britt-21 Britt-21

Ephraim Nikos
Where: BS Hangar --> Atlas Plains
With: Aryl Mikado LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 and Joy Citron Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat

Ephraim stood against his truck, beer in hand, when Aryl showed up. Sapphire eyes narrowed slightly. He had asked for Aryl, sure, due to him being a Beacon survivor and therefore a "comrade", but aside from seeing him a time or two on campus, Ephraim didn't know shit about him. And he had just magically appeared during his extraction after being missing for a year, which seemed too convenient. He was a pleasant dude a year ago. But what was he now? Nobody was the same, and Ephraim hadn't had time to see how Aryl might have changed.

Ephraim didn't like unknowns in his missions. But he didn't have a choice at the moment. At least this one was ready and willing.

And at least he was an okay conversationalist. "Hey, so I heard you wanted my help, here I am."

Ephraim took a hearty swig of the beer he grabbed from the bar on the way here. He was in no condition to leave and potentially go fight, so he certainly wasn't in the mood for heavy conversation. But here he was, and conversation was required in this instance. "Indeed. You weren't my top choice due to lack of familiarity, but you're one of the few who can work with the time frame and their situations. Just being honest. But thanks for volunteering."

Ephraim was distracted by Joy, someone he'd much rather have a conversation with.

"You called? I have to admit I was surprised you wanted my help,"

Ephraim gave her a smile. "I'm sorry that you're too insane for the Black Sentinels to work with. However, you're my kind of crazy. Glad you made it Joy." Ephraim winked at her as she walked over and got her weapons ready. He glanced at his watch. Five minutes until the deadline. Where was Nyx? Was she the tardy type? Ephraim really didn't know her anymore either, who knows what habits she developed. She could be a closet drug addict for all he knew, although that scenario was rather doubtful, even to the cynical redhead.

One of his massive scarred hand hands ran through his freshly re-dyed crimson hair, so his head matched his face, which currently ran a full-faced, neatly trimmed crimson beard, although to his chagrin, a few gray hairs had begun to creep into his beard due to stress and combat. If this war drags on too long, I'm gonna die of old age... in my 30's.

"I found out some people don't exactly agree with my methods, I couldn't care less~"

"Gorgeous, I could care less. My only mission is to be accomplished at all costs. I'm a soldier, a scout, an assassin, an interrogator, a negotiator... I'm not exactly innocent of criminal activity either. You're the perfect kind of person for this mission. And - Ooh~"

"Tell me what you want me to do."

She got real close, and Ephraim played right along. "You gonna kiss me? Don't get me too distracted before a mission, doll. I'm the serious type."

But she asked a fantastic question. So he took a few steps back and began to debrief them, when a random Sentinel showed up.

"Sir, Commander Nyx sent me to-"

"No. You have no idea what's at stake. You have no idea what our enemy looks like, or can do. Leave. And tell Nyx thanks for trying, but I've got to go now."

The soldier hurried off, and Ephraim turned back to them with a stoic look on his face. "Gear in the bed. Get in. Joy, you're navigating so you're up front. We're gonna have to make do with three."

Ephraim's stuff was already in the bed, save the handgun he had taken a liking too, since his sword was just four different blades. This gave him a bit of range, at the very least.

He got into his truck, and started it up. The massive engine roared to life and Ephraim took a few breaths to steady himself as the others loaded up and got in. As soon as the last door shut, his foot was on the floor, leaving a streak of molten rubber and the smell of tire smoke in the hangar. Ephraim should thank Nyx when he got back. He drove better angry.

Ephraim pounded the last of his beer and chucked the bottle out of the window as he began to debrief them, for real this time.

"My primary mission for the Atlas Military is to find the Maidens. I got a significant lead on one in Kuchinashi, Mistral, at 5:33 this morning. At 7 o'clock, I made contact and confirmed. Whoever I'm meeting in four days, either has information on the Fall Maiden, or IS the Fall Maiden. The reason I needed you guys, and someone that I know and at least have some trust with. Nyx sent a random. I don't work with randoms, and this mission is way to important for distrust in the ranks."

Ephraim took another deep breath. "Anyway, find the maiden, get her the fuck out. Because if we know, then Dominatum knows too. And he's not going to leave her alone, for very long. It's a three day drive to Mistral. We're doing it in two. Now, we have to get to know each other in the next four days, and execute what will most likely be a rather tricky extraction, with too many variables to do anything more than wing it. I hope you're ready to trust me with your lives."

He smirked as he turned his attention back to the road.

Mentioned: Nyx Belladonna Britt-21 Britt-21 and Unnamed Mention (Gian) Saavedra Saavedra

- - - - - -

Dominatum and Lark Xiaolong

With: Garnet Hendrick Muramasa Cheshire Grin Cheshire Grin and Vixen StartingOver StartingOver
Where: Beacon Academy, The Great Hall

Dominatum ignored Vixen's flirting, as he always did when his mood was serious (which was 98% of the time). Beside him, Lark sat quietly, still as the grave, her glowing scarlet eyes half closed in a meditative trance.

Dominatum spoke once everyone (mainly Vixen) shut up.

"I have found the Fall Maiden's location. Kuchinashi. Garnet and Lark. You will go there, and you will take Beacon. Your job is to make sure Lark inherits that power, at all costs. Dispose of whoever stands in your way. Burn the City. Get the Maiden. Vixen and I..."

His malevolent orange gaze turned towards her, "We shall be going to Vacuo. There's something I must find. We will be taking an airship. Now, you have your orders. Get to them." Dominatum stood to his towering, near seven-foot height, his snow white skin and hair reflecting the deep orange of the fire behind him. Without waiting for Vixen, he strode forward, towards the docks.

Meanwhile, the Grimm below sensed the thoughts of the one above, the one-like-them, and not-like-them, and began to move, following the airship to Vacuo. The rest read the intentions of the one who was becoming like the first one, and followed the floating island towards Mistral.

Mentioned: Unnamed (Gian)
- - - - - -

Lark Xiaolong
With: Garnet Hendrick Muramasa

Lark never left her trance, instead floating unconsciously through the halls, her hand grabbing Garnet's and pulling him along as muscle memory guided them to the source of Beacon's flight, and the only way to control the direction of the massive floating island.

she sat herself, crosslegged, in front of the source, and placed her delicate hands on it, placing her enormous will into it. Slowly, but surely, Beacon Academy accelerated to the north, covering the long miles.

"We'll be in Kuchinashi in three or four days." Lark bit her thumb, so a drop of blood appeared, and smeared it on to the core. "Now I can control it without touching it. Shall we go on a walk?"

- - - - - -

Dominatum
With: Vixen

Dominatum sat in the pilot's seat, biting his thumb and smearing his blood on the controls. That done, he leaned back and closed his eyes, as the airship began to take itself off. Obviously he waited for Vixen before getting to far along in the takeoff sequence. Her mind control would come in handy. She had never failed him, unlike their lost comrades. Lark was his prized experiment and therefore indispensable, and Garnet was too new to have chipped through the brutal requirements to earn his trust. But Lark could hold her own against any threat. Dominatum had made sure of it, just in case Garnet failed.

Plus the Maiden was vital. Lark followed his orders to the letter. Lark would have the Maiden power by the next time they met.

"You know what they say, honesty is the best policy." Aryl commented, grinning lightly. "And you and I are both in uncharted territory, we can map it out together if it makes you feel any better." He then offered. He spotted his gear in the back of the truck and his grin grew a little larger. He listened to Joy and Eph talk, then when he gave the word, Aryl grabbed his staff and sword, then entered the the back of the truck. "And to finish off," Aryl began, looking out of a window, "I'm glad you wanted me, it's nice to get out and actually do something productive for a change."

Aryl then quieted down, not wanting to be too be overly talkative out of excitement, as it has happened once or twice. He listened intently to Eph as he gave them a debreifing, watching te scenery pass by. "Well I can be your sniper support, it that consoles anything." He told them, leaning onto the door and still looking out the window, like a bored child or dog.

Elysium Elysium Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat

The faint sound of fabric being unwound was all that could be beard in Jack Onyx's presence in the medbay. This was the last time they were going to undo his bandages as the commander had fully healed from his little altercation with the business end of a missile. All things considered, the 19 year old had healed fairly well and not much would point to the fact that he had been blown up. There was some discoloration of the healed skin that was reminiscent of light burn scarring and several small laceration scars where the shrapnel from his armor and the rocket had bit in deeper than the rest. The most prominent of the new scar tissue was two upon his face. One crossed his upper right brow and the other went down vertically the right side of his lips.

Jack observed himself in the mirror the had in the center seemed rather pleased at his successful recovery. The scars would help with intimidation and the men he had saved had already told the story many times. It was a good boost for morale in these dark times. The commander had finally gotten back into the swing of things and had been secretely solving some of the issues being brought up to Ms. Belladonna, lightening her workload without her noticing. Jack felt as if he had to do.... something. A week's time had passed and he still for the life of him couldn't understand why Nyx had slapped him. Yes, he was drunk but he only ever said positive things to her during that moment they had. It had gotten into his head that he was probably being much too forward with the faunus and she ended up hitting him when she had saw the opportunity. It didn't hurt... it was more of a shock than anything. They hadn't spoken much but Jack had returned to using to referring to her formally as Ms. Belladonna for fear of angering her again.

"Sir, your equipment is ready for you."

The time was upon him then. It was time for Jack to get back into the swing of things. Mr. Nikos had summoned several members of his old class to go with him to recover some kind of VIP. Though the location he was going, there was only one woman that came to mind that was worth going out for. They hadn't personally crossed paths before but their respective factions had and they maintained a respectful distance from each other. Not friendly nor enemies and that's just the way Jack liked it.

There had been a call made that a nearby village was being attacked by Grim and the Atlas military couldnt dispatch a force to get to it in time and had requested the help of the Sentinels. Jack ran favors now and then on top of the normally agreed [classified] missions to stay within the good graces of Atlas to ensure their mutually beneficial agreement. A small strike team was already assembled and ready to go in the hangars and Jack was getting geared up when he sent the message to those that remained on base after Ephraim had left. The only ones that remained were the ones that Commander Onyx had barely had any interactions with. Cinny and Azure in particular seemed very skittish around him for whatever reason. Regardless, this was a good moment for them to forge some sense of comradarie betweem them. Ms. Fenrir in particular because not only was she about as quiet and withdrawn as Jack was but because she spent most of her time recovering in the medical ward. The fox faunus was long overdue for some exercise. Jack would just chalk it up to "mild physical rehabilitation for a huntress of her caliber" if Doctor Janus came hollering.

Still, the information Ephraim had given the sentinel gave cause for extra caution. If the details were true, the Azure needed to be handled cautiously.....

But he could understand the feeling of being belittled and protected, excluding her literal size. From what her profile stated, she wasn't the type that liked to be babied..... which is why Jack sent her a different message than what he sent the others.

'Begin Message

Ms. Azure Fenrir

This is Jack Onyx. There has been a priority alert sent out by Atlas of a small village with a concentration of Grimm headed its way. Along with me and my men, I believe a few of your old classmates will be joining along for this mission.

You have been out of commission for a week and I figured this was a good chance for you get back into the swing of things.

Mr. Nikos has informed me that you are something of a VIP and need to be kept safe but I have always felt that the best safety one could have is the safety the create themselves. So, I offer you the chance to resharpen your fangs on this excursion.

Should you choose to accept, you will find that all of your equipment has been repaired, polished, and fine tuned by Remnant's finest engineers.

There are only two conditions.

First, my orders are to be followed to the T. No questions asked.

The second, is that while I will allow you to fight as you please, you will need to stay near me in case things go awry. A few injuries is fine but I cant have you receiving another fatal blow like the one you received while with Mr. Nikos due to your classification as a VIP.

We will be leaving in twenty minutes. Make your decision by then and rendezvous in Hangar 2.

End message'

I live to kill. I kill to protect, and the one I am protecting is missing...where is my stepsister?
Garnet Hendrick-Muramasa

rrmyoT5.png
Location: In the Great Hall; Leaving to the source of Beacon's flight
Mood: Indifferent
With: With the group StartingOver StartingOver and Elysium Elysium ; currently with Lark

Garnet sat in silence as he waited with the new people. He crossed his arms before leaning the cane against the table. His attention was taken by the person they were waiting for, Vixen. He blinked his eyes as they followed her movements. She spoke to Dominatum very casually, but he didn't seem to answer. He observed the actions between the people, finding it slightly odd that they didn't seem to get along. His dark purple hues followed Vixen as she spoke to him. She said the usual things, saying they didn't tolerate failure, even if she liked the person, bringing up someone named Braun. Garnet's eyes narrowed slightly, watching her sit down before speaking one last time. He turned his attention back to the leader, explaining the plan. Dominatum stated he found the location of the Fall Maiden. Garnet's attention became unbroken when it came to this information. He listened to the plan before the meeting ended.

Garnet stood up and picked up his cane and held it tightly. He soon felt someone grab his hand and start guiding him out of the Great Hall. Not going to lie, Garnet was going to snatch his hand away, he hated people he didn't know touching him, but he didn't know this place yet. So he let it slide for now. He followed the silent woman to a large room, it was strange looking. It looked like the reason why Beacon was able to float. His dark eyes shimmered slightly before looking to Lark who spoke up. The young man looked around as he took a seat, crossing his arms with the can still in his hand, the crystal glowing faintly. He watched as Lark had the island move north, in the direction of Mistral...home. A place he hadn't thought about. He relaxed his face as he turned his attention towards Lark, finally speaking up. "Alright, I don't mind." He said standing up as he started fixing his clothes.

Azure Fenrir

Its been a week since the fox has been able to roam freely with out being bed ridden and she was more than excited to finally scope out the headquarters since shes arrived. The first three days Azure slept one of the beds of the hospital wing, the fourth and fifth day she was awake but kept in bed with tubes hooked up to her, with no other company but her own, and the occasion medical personnel to check up on her and ask how she was feeling. They had explained what happened and helped to jog her memory as to what was going on. She remembered Ephriam anniuncing Jack was coming to rescue them. She would often ask about Eph and Cinny and their current condition and then quickly be reassured that they were fine. But who was this Jack person?

His name kept floating around her ears until finally, on the fourth day, the man owning the name came into the medical bay. Now she could put a face to the. name. Azure's bed was directly adjacent to the door of the room she resided. She remembered feeling a large and authoritive aura figure approach the door one afternoon. When the door opened it revealed a very tall, very intimidating mass of a man. He looked at her when he came in, face stoic and stale, and she returned the stare, eyebrows slightly pinched close together, lips in a tight line, and fluffy white ears just barely pinned back. Azure was extra cautious with larger, taller people after the train incident, just the sight of Jack almost gave the little faunus a phantom pain around her neck. She took a deep breath, reminding herself she was free to breathe, with out a hand being locked around her small neck like a vice. Her eyes tore away from his once he would move to the other side of the room and have his bandages switched for fresh ones. Azure stared at her lap, but heard the medics address him as Commander Onyx, Jack, or just Commander.

Ah, so he was Jack.

Jack came and went a few times while she remained there for the fifth and sixth day, never once officially meeting him, or exchanging a single word. She didnt feel like she had to, well that and she was a teensy bit fearful of him but beside the fact, she sensed Jack was a man of few words, just like her....or....thats how they preferred to be anyway. During her stay, Azure learned a little more about the man after asking the medics some questions (I mean was else was there to do when youre stuck in bed), he was the one in charge, he oversaw everything, it was his men that retrieved herself, eph, and Cinny, and he had already partnered with other survivors of Beacon before they came into the picture. Appearently Jack was running a large project here, and even though she didnt exactly know what it is the Sentinels do, she knew that the role of Commander was passed from Jack's mother to Jack himself. At this point, the two knew of each other and their presence, but that was about it.

At last day seven had arrived, and thanks to the new unlocking of the abilities she never knew she had, her aura felt refreshed and stronger than ever, and as a result of that, helped her to heal from those awful wounds rather quickly. One doctor helped take the tubes off her, and handed her her original clothing that was neatly folded in his hands. They had cleaned and patched up her clothers, to which Azure gave a little nod in thanks. Everyone but Azure had cleared the room for the petite fox to get changed.

It had been sometime since shes been up and around, stretching and using her legs, aside from the occasional walk to the bathroom, but she was more than happy to finally get some blood flowing. The doctors came back in to resume their business and Azure took a few minutes to personally thank them with her softspoken voice for nursing her back to health. It was very early in the morning, and she wanted as time as she could have to explore the grounds.

Azure wandered the halls, glancing at Sentinels that passed by. She didnt know there were so many. Shes seen some come into the same medical ward she was in, or take peek out into the hallway when ever anyone opened door and spot one or two. But these guys were everywhere! Her eyes jumped from one to the other, taking a look at their aura-colored silhouettes. Her slightly clouded, heterochromic eyes tried to study the faint shapes of armor on their bodies, 'Uniforms?' she asked herself. The shapes looked the same, one after the other. Suddenly the armor pattern and shapes of the Atlesian army popped into her head and she gave herself a little nod, 'Uniforms.' she concluded. The tiny faunus continued her little exploration, her small stature, and youthful features giving her the decieving look of a child. Her long white hair bounced behind her with every step in its wavy, curly, volumnious glory. The girl's face was stoic, emotionless, but her tail spoke many volumes otherwise. Wiggling and wagging behind her, ears perked up and alert, taking in every new sound and smell that crossed her path. It was good to be up and around again. Suddenly she remembered.....where was Ephriam and Cinny in this giant maze? Azure stopped in her tracks, reaching a rather empty intersection in the hallway. She had no idea where she was going.

Oops....

Ping! A sound from her pocket. Small hands frantically searched her body for the scroll she had completely forgotten about. Ah ha! She pulled out the device from the inside pocket of her jacket but fumbled with it when she almost dropped it. Jack? His face was on her screen along with an indication that she had recieved a message from him. With the press of a button, Azure sat in the silent hallway and listened....

VIP? Why was she classified as a VIP? Looking down at her empty hand, a brief and patchy memory of ice emitting from her replayed in her mind. She jerked her head back in disbelief that she was the one responsible for that strange occurance. What did it mean? How was she unaware of such an ability? Why did it only appear now? There were too mamy questions and Azure had no clue where to start looking for answers, besides, she was pressed for time, and had to make a decision with Jack. She could use the exercise, being strapped to a bed made her body ache for some activity, and indoor air began to feel stuffy and ....not authentic. She needed an outing. Who knows maybe Eph and Cinny will there too. A good ol' mission is perfect for reconnecting with her group. It was decided then but......where were the hangars?

Azure wandered back from where she came and asked someone for directions to the hangars. One Sentinel stepped in and offered to guide her. The faunus followed the armored Sentinel and thought about Jack's conditions. They seemed extremely reasonable, nothing she cant complain about. The canine was extremely loyal, and always did as she was told, so long as she wasnt asked to go against her morals, following his orders and instructions was a simple task and came as second nature to her. She was the perfect follower. The other condition made her pout slightly. Staying close to him was as bad as having a leash. Or so it felt like. Eph and Azure had always split up in their times of action, to cover ground more effectively. She was a guard dog, not a lap dog. Still, in anycase he had a point, getting injured would she be a liability and after what she went through she could be a little rusty. The last thing Azure ever wanted to be was dead weight, holding others back, part of the reason she trained and fought so hard while still at Beacon. Shes honed her skills since then but she still needed some practice to warm before just diving in.

"Hangar two is just on the otherside of this door."

Large white ears flicked at the top of her head and she looked up at the soldier. She gave a silent nod in thanks and proceeded to walk past the door as he opened it for her. Suddenly the narrow hallway had opened up into a large and heavily fortified room. All sorts of weapons, armor, and tech were stored here. Course she couldnt really see any of it, but she can feel the change of scenery, and suddenly the air felt more breatheable in the open room. All sorts of sounds and smells flooded her senses. Her attention darted from one thing to the other as she walked further into the commotion. Azure stopped at a parked air ship, raising her hand to touch the cold metal. She was never a fan of flying, cant sense much in the air when the only vibrations you feel are the rattling of a ships hull and the only sound you can take in is the loud hum of the engine and jets. Not a very comfortable setting. At the thought of fears and uncomfortable settings, the thought of Azure officially meeting up with Jack had finally sunk in. She wasnt sure how to feel about it. Should she be scared? He was quite helpful, and rather generous to expend some of his men to come to her aid. If anything she owed him her life.

Welp.....we'll see how it goes.....

shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Vixen
Vixen took her seat next to Dominatum. She stretched her legs, lazily folding one on top of the other. "Dom I'm getting really bored. Can we maybe go pick up one of my dolls?" she turned her head shyly towards Dominatum, batting her eyelashes. "She's super strong, so strong that I think maybe she's a Maiden or at least we could make her one." Vixen grinned looking back out the front window.

"Or do you have your eyes on this new maiden so badly that she has to come first... hmmmmmmmm?" Vixen grinned, enjoying teasing her master about his love life, or lack there of. Vixen teased because deep down, she wanted to fill that void for him. She was so madly in love with him, but to love Dom was to love a brick wall some times. Vixen was a patient fox however. One day she would make her master a slave to her charms, but today she would have to make another a slave to her charms.

Vixen dropped her act and shut her eyes. "If you really want her, I will get her for you Dom. I'll do anything for you, and I never fail." she gave a nod. She hoped Gar- Bar back there was listening and watching. If he wanted to stick around her would need to preform up to Vixen's level. A level that was born out of appreciation for a man who saved her life many years ago.

Elysium Elysium

Cinnamon R. Bons
During his year alone on the road, Cinny always had small dreams, night and day, of what'd happen if and after meeting everyone again would be like. Even though deep inside, he knew people would've changed, he still imagined seeing his team every day again. Eph's cocky smirk, Azure's smile, Nyx's nervous (similar to his) grin. He even imagined Joy and Silver sometimes! He'd imagined all of them so much, he must've subconsciously had his own picture-perfect expectation of what should happen after they all met up...

Which would explain why he was so confused all this week.

Eph and Nyx barely talked to each other, Azure's quieter than usual (and actually colder for some reason), rumors of Joy around base weren't pleasant, and Silver...he twitched at the memories of the frantic girl trying to donate all her blood and sleeping in a chair all for Azure came to his head. Silver was weird. And what tied all this together was the fact that Cinny STILL didn't meet the guy who even got them all here in the first place. He did remember hearing some guys talk about how this Jack fella ran head first into an RPG or something.

Cinny sighed and opened his eyes, bringing his mind back to what he was doing before these thoughts came. He had been sitting cross-legged on his bed, meditating with a nice cup of coffee with milk and sugar. Cinny had learned that his semblance focused more on his mentality rather than his physicality. Without mental fortitude and a steady mindset, he wouldn't be able to 'sense' items with sugar in them, as well as all the other things he can do. Grabbing his mug, he chugged the rest of his coffee, nearly gagging at the weird taste that always resided at the bottom, and shivered before standing up from his bed. Whelp. Guess he should get started with another day surrounded by metal walls and people in uniforms.

He ran a hand through his hair as he walked to the bathroom, taking a shower before brushing his teeth in a towel. Let's see, what should he do today? Eph was probably busy doing his own thing, Nyx even more so. He could go find Azure and see how she's doing. He'd always seen her running in and out of that medical room, but apparently, she was getting outta that room for good today. Mind set on what to do, he exited the bathroom and got dressed in his clothes and light leather armor before strapping Pimenter to the side and walking out his room door. The walk to the medical room was brief, but when he peeked in, the bed where Azure usually is was empty.

'Huh. Must be celebrating early.' Cinny thought to himself with a small snort. He walked away from the medical room and down the hall, thinking to himself as he passed by many busy soldiers. Let's see. If he was Azure, where would he be? He looked around but stopped in his tracks when he saw a fluffy tail disappear around the corner. Bingo. Quickly following it, he turned the corner just in time to see the small faunus talk to a soldier briefly before walking through a door. Cinny hummed with a small smile and followed, whistling and pretending not to notice the soldier giving him an odd stare. Huh. So this was the hangar? Cinny looked around, eyes drawn to all the airships and tech. Did this Jack guy really own all of this? Eph sure had some friends in high places. He saw Azure looking at the ship and scratched the back of his head before walking up to her.

"Geez...ya sure move fast, huh?" He started, kicking his feet against the metal floor awkwardly. Social interactions still weren't his forte, even though his confidence in himself had risen. It'd been a year too, and Azure was different than before. He didn't know what'd really set her off or make her happy anymore. Hopefully, he could change that. "Whatcha doin' here anyway? I thought you'd hang out with Eph or Silver...in a way." Cinny looked around after that just in case she was somehow beside him or something.

Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat

Silver Craver
Silver Craver truly enjoyed two things, the quiet and the hunt. Each was fine on their own, but when paired together, they made an ideal setting for the young women. She knelt, one knee touching the bark on the tree branch she was perched on, the other bent coiled and ready to strike. Her iris's glowing silver as they moved around the forest below her looking for her pray. With each passing day without seeing her Mistress, she became less and less compelled to do as she asked. The mission to try and convert Joy had all but fell flat after the snake had shut her down on the first day she had met Jack. Silver didn't care much what Joy did anymore, not while Azure was around.

"Azure."

Azure, the love of her life. Ah it made her heart swell just thinking about the cute little fox. A soft smile crept over Silver's face as she thought about her. Azure had done a good job healing up, she should be up on her feet by now if the progress kept at it's pace. Maybe Silver would try and court her today, Azure didn't seem to be the same as she was a few weeks ago, but she did just suffer serious injuries, perhaps she needed time. The smile left Silver's face as soon as it came. The hair on her arms stood as she coiled her body, she had spotted her pray.

The Wolf Grimm was alone wandering through the forest. Normally they came in a pack, but this appeared to be a lone wolf, a decision that would cost it dearly. The thoughts of Joy, Azure and even her Mistress left Silver's mind. Her eyes seemed to lose all life, staring blankly at the wolf. Her body even though it just coiled relaxed and lessened. This transformation of sorts wasn't a new thing for Silver. This was Silver Craver at her truest and simplest form, they called this from Si The Butcher of Atlas back home.

Silver stood and walked the branch like a tightrope till she could go no further. She peered down waiting for the wolf to get closer. As it did Silver's power started to come out. Her right arm was engulfed in a bright sliver light. She then took a step off the branch and fell. The wolf stopped, looking around at the quiet forest around it. It turned it's head slowly panning the tree line. It sensed something was off. It finally looked up, but it was to late. Silver was on him.

Silver's feet landed on the Grimm's shoulders, her right arm which had became a sword of sorts thrust into it's skull. Sliver jumped off and watched it fall, crumpling to the ground with her blank eyes. She did not care one bit about what she had done. When she was like this emotions didn't matter. Just as quickly as she had stuck, she was gone. Moving back towards the base. As she walked her empty mind started to fill with thoughts as Si became Silver once more.

She broke out of the tree line and frowned. The closest entrance was the hangers. Jack was kinda a hard ass when it came to who he allowed in and out of there, but she might as well try and see if she could get in. It's not like she wanted to mess around, she just wanted to use the short cut. Upon arriving at the front of the hanger her eyes locked on to the small fox. What was her beloved doing? She also noticed the one they called Cinny. She didn't talk to him much while Beacon was still up and running, but Azure seemed to like him. Most importantly was he wasn't a threat to Silver or Azure.

"I'm glad to see you're doing well Azure
." Silver said as politely as she could. She gave a nod to Cinny. "You as well Cinny." she gave a nod in his direction. It was important to be on her best behavior while in front of Azure. There was this feeling that she couldn't shake. Deep in the back of her mind, she felt that maybe Azure didn't love her as she had remembered anymore.

Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs

"Ah good. You're all here." Jack stepped out of the ship to see his summons did not go unheeded. Though some of them seem to be here without being aware they should be here. The weapons and gear of those gathered were already prepared, tuned up, and cleaned in their respective cases. "The details were already sent to you but I'll reiterate. There is a village not too far away that is under a Grimm assault and they contracted The Sentinels to help them. None of you are official members but I expect you to come along and help us pacify this threat. Not only as hunstman and huntresses but to pull a bit of your own weight around here.

I'll give you the details on the way. Ms. Fenrir is with me. Ms. Craver is with Mr. Bons."

Without anything further, Jack motioned for the troops on standby to pile in the ship. He turned his back and followed the soldiers inside, his armored footsteps giving off light clanking noise against the metal hull of the ship.

(Short but thats all I had to work with)

Azure Fenrir

"Geez....ya sure move fast, huh?"

Azure, so fascinated with the metal box, didnt sense Cinny approaching her, or even standing in the vicinity. Her ears whipped back, a little surprised to catch a voice behind her, and her head followed. Azure cant get snuck up on easily, but I suppise she was about due for a little surprise, "Cin..." she called out to him, a little surprised to see anyone there. Large eyes blinked a couple times, her head tilting off to the side and assessing if that was indeed Cinny.

"Whatcha doin' here anyway? I thought you'd hang out with Eph or Silver...in a way."

Azure walked toward him briskly and collided into him with a tight hug. Her fluffy white ears folded back and eyes shut, disregarding the last thing he said to her. The petite fox released her grip and stepped back to look at Cinny, "I was so very worried about you both." Her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes glossed over from held back tears, "It doesnt matter now. Im glad you guys are safe," she smiled warmly. Azure's tiny heart jumped joyously at the sight of Cinny safe and sound, but where was the third Musketeer? "I have been trapped in that room for a very long time....where is Ephriam?" Her head and ears turned, searching for a scent, a voice, or the presence of his aura near by. Where did he run off to now?

"I'm glad to see you're doing well Azure."

Azure thought for a moment about the voice that had just spoken to her. It felt familiar yet...distant? Like shes heard it in a dream, and some how its managed to break through reality. A memory perhaps? She looked to Silver who was approaching them from an opposite entrance. Her aura was some what recognizeable, but when she searched her memories of the times at Beacon she couldnt really recall her.

Oh wait a minute. She was in Joys team. A sliver of memory sparked in Azure, but it wasnt a very good one. Azure never spoke to any other team mates except her own, so that couldnt be it. "You as well Cinny." That voice. The small huntress just stared at the other, trying to gather any bit of information she could muster. "Ah good. You're all here." At last, the man of the hour had arrived. Azure's puzzle of Silver will have to be dealt with for a later time. She just nodded to the girl and turned away to look at Jack. Azure went wide eyed to find Jack only a few feet infront of them. Now that she was up and standing, he seemed a lot bigger than he did when ever he came into the medical bay. A pink, bottom lip frowned slightly, and Azure took a tiny step closer to Cinny for comfort. Jack was a big guy, no doubt about it, and since the train incident a year ago, Azure feels nervous around people with his same body type. Her eyes looked to his then quickly diverted else where in submission.

Jack reestablished the debriefing, skipping past greeting and other fluff. It was clear he wanted to get straight to business. Azure could understand that. Being on the run with Eph, everyday was a mission with pressed time and safety. She listened again as he explained the objective quickly and mentioned something about "pulling their own weight". The fox was still pretty unfamiliar about metaphors, idioms, and the like. She looked down at her own body then back up to Jack with a raised eyebrow and a pout that screamed skepticism, 'I do not weigh that much,' she thought.

"I'll give you the details on the way. Ms. Fenrir is with me..."

Azure gasped as her body stiffened when she blinked at him, ears perked and tail puffed.

"Ms. Craver is with Mr. Bons."

Heterochromic irises rolled over to Cinny next to her, wide eyed with a tiny pinch of fear. Her head looked to Jack then back to Cinny, "Is he nice?" she asked quietly, slightly concerned, hoping her old comrade will know a little more about her "new partner" than she does.

StartingOver StartingOver shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs

Silver Craver

"Well that wasn't exactly the warmest of welcomes." In her mind Silver had it all planned out. Azure would run into her arms. Silver would grab on and hold her close with no intentions of ever letting her go. They would kiss as fireworks went off around the base. Was it kinda cliche, sure, but it was Silver's happy ending and everyone deserved to get one. At least Silver thought so anyway.

What she got certainly wasn't what she wanted. Silver could see it as clear as day. The young fox didn't seem to know her or maybe she was struggling to remember. That was a cruel dose of reality that Silver wasn't ready for. She looked for a moment that she was punched in the gut. She saw the small nod Azure gave her, but quickly turned her eyes away.

Silver was vaguely aware that Jack had entered, but she was too busy sinking into her own head to listen to his briefing. It was kinda funny, she had been called aloof before on her first day at beacon, as much as she had changed she still at least a little was her old self.

"There is a village not too far away that is under a Grimm assault and they contracted The Sentinels to help them. "
Silver's eyes had been left blank as she sunk into her own head and lost in her feelings, but now they sparked back to life. She picked her head back up and looked to Jack.

"Who care's about pulling weight, people are dying, it's my job.... my duty to protect them. I'm.... I'm a Huntress!"
Now this was a side of Silver even she didn't know she had. Her sole motivation to be a huntress was a licences to kill as many Grimm as she could, but now... faced with the situation of a village being ripped apart... no she wouldn't allow it. Deep down she was still the little girl, who watched helpless as everything she ever knew was taken from her. She was no longer little, she was no longer helpless, she was a huntress!

A warm yet gentle sensation grew in her belly as she walked to the craft they would take. It felt faint, but powerful, like nothing Silver had felt before. She grinned, her mind felt clearer than it had in the past few months.

"That's right... I'm a huntress!"

Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs

The Siege of Kuchinashi, two days later for Team NCM

Directly Involved - Lark Xiaolong, Ephraim Nikos, Gian Do Saavedra Saavedra , Joy Citron Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat , Nyx Belladonna Britt-21 Britt-21 , Haruko Rose-Muramasa and Garnet Hendrick-Muramasa Cheshire Grin Cheshire Grin

Ephraim Nikos

With: Joy Citron Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat and Aryl Mikado LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87
Mentioned: Gian Do Saavedra Saavedra
Where: Outskirts of Kuchinashi

They had rotated driving duty over the course of the last few days, depending on who felt most up to it after each bandit holdup or Grimm attack. But they had made brilliant time, arriving in two days, when the drive took three even in perfect road conditions. And no driving conditions were perfect anymore, especially when the trip went through the ruined Vale. But they had pressed on in a forced march, and it had worked to Ephraim's exact expectations.

"Alright, The meeting between Ms. Do and myself will take place in a day and a half, give or take a few hours, so we scope the city out, find a hotel or hostel or something, and we keep a relaxed guard until the meeting. Then we go from there, with finding her based on new information, or asking Ms. Do, if it is actually her, if she would like to go under my personal protection, as is my mission from Ironwood."

He changed lanes on the mostly barren freeway, taking the right fork towards Kuchinashi. Within minutes the city would be visible.

"So I guess we can just fool around tonight. Go wander around the city. I got to spend an hour here once, but wouldn't mind seeing more of it. However Kuchinashi is a bit lawless, so don't let your guards down. I'll be the worst offender, with my Atlas uniform, but you'll be on a bit of a shit list for being seen with me. However, they'll most likely not do anything more than be douchebags, unless they risk the Atlas Military being mad at them."

Ephraim rounded a wide corner, and his face dropped. "Or we find out why Beacon Academy is here, and why the city is on fire. So much for a pleasant meeting and a lovely stroll around the city. Dammit dammit dammit. Couldn't take me out to dinner before fucking me."

His foot ran the pedal to the floor, and he called Gian, the plan changing as of this minute. This was bad. Hopefully she was able to pick up.

While the scroll rang, he spoke to his two comrades once more, hopefully stating the obvious but leaving nothing to luck. "Lock and load. No prisoners. We find Ms. Do, and we give her a ride out of here."

- - - - - -

Lark Xialong
With: N/A
Where: Kuchinashi

Oh what fun this was. Chaos ran through the streets. buildings lay in ruins or were well on the way to becoming ruins, due to all of her beautiful fire. While her master was the very image of skilled and cunning, Lark was destruction incarnate. It didn't matter what side they were on. Their age, race, whatever, none of it mattered.If they got in front of Lark, they met a brutal end.

What a lovely day.

Garnet was off doing Garnet stuff while she hunted down the Maiden. Where was the Fall Maiden? Where was this bitch? She had Lark's next set of powers. Lark had obsessed over maidenhood. It would be hers.

Lark lit a passing Ursa on fire with a twitch of her mind for stress relief, and then stopped, a hint of familiar auras floating in the southern breeze. A wicked grin crept across her face. While she couldn't identify from this distance, she could feel the three former Beacon students from coming. Looked like there was a little change of plans.

She called Garnet on his scroll, and simply said, regardless of his opening line, "Plans changed. You find the Maiden, and get her to Beacon. Alive, but I could care less what you have to do to get her to come along. I've got a few old friends to kill."

Lark hung up and levitated over the houses before flying south across the city, landing at the entrance to the only southern road into this once lovely little town. Significantly littler now. And not quite as aesthetically lovely, unless the viewer was as unhinged as she.

She rather doubted that.

- - - - - -

The Siege of Atlas, the same day

Directly Involved: Dominatum, Vixen StartingOver StartingOver , Jack Onyx shadowz1995 shadowz1995 , Cinnamon R. Bons Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs , Azure Fenrir Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat

Dominatum
With: Vixen StartingOver StartingOver
Where: En route to Atlas

Dominatum didn't say much for the trip into Atlas, instead dozing off or staring out the window as he piloted the airship until they landed a few miles outside of a town. His Grimm had been giving the town shit all day, but now he was here, and there'd be no "fighting them off" anymore. Atlas and Mistral would fall, starting today. It was going to be glorious.

He touched down, and opened the rear hatch to the massive airship.

Out burst what appeared to be a small army of something... New.

The emaciated, desecrated humanoids scrambled towards the nearby town, the orange orbs that replaced their eyes glowing hatefully as they drooled for blood, fighting each other to get their first. Dominatum strolled along casually behind them, in no real rush to get in their way. They were oh so hungry after all. Instead he just walked alongside his second, taking a calm stroll as his failed(?) experiments crashed against the town walls (what was left of them) viciously, pouring over each other to get into the town like water from a failing dam.

"I told these fools that the Age of Grimm was coming. They could join me... or join their brethren in assailing a little Atlas town's walls. Peace was never an option."

A wide, malicious smile grew across his face as he entered the walls behind them a minute or so later. Time for him to find some blood. Vixen would do whatever Vixen did, and he'd most likely be alright with the result.

It had only taken a matter of minutes to get to the target destination and the Commander didn't even need a scan to see that something was.... off. The ship they were riding bucked into a hard turn that threw some of the cargo in the back across the room. Jack activated his semblance to keep his footing to keep himself from following suit, considering he was the only one standing. The pilot had done this following a certain protocol on dangerous missions. His job was to start up a strafe run to soften up the enemy before having the soldiers jump out. If the pilot suddenly switched to this tactic, it meant things were bad.

Jack quickly explained the sudden change in flight pattern to the huntresses and hunstman just before the rotary cannons on the forefront of the ship roared to life. One could hear the hail of fire that was raining down from inside the cargo hull as if it was happening right next to them. "Switch to comms!" Jack ordered harshly.

That was when the scans came in and the Sentinel's black eyes narrowed at the heads up display inside the ship. The place was swarming in small Grimm. Great.
"Alright soldiers, we are going in hot! Check your weapons! We are dropping in 5! Fenrir stick to me like glue! Carver and Bons, watch each others back! Try to stay near the Sentinels!

Go! Go! Go! "

The moment the hatch to the ship opened the hailfire outside reached deafening levels of sound but this was just another day to the Black Sentinels. Helmets were equipped, rifles were switched off safety, and bodies were jumping out of ships all in a matter of an eye blink. The crew was dropped dead center into the chaos and Jack's men were already taking precision shots before their boots even hit the floor. Thanks to the scans, they had a rough estimate of how many there were and what type.... which were different. These humanoid Grimm were new to the game and under normal circumstances, it would be hard to put the rounds into their skulls like The Sentinels were doing. However, the mercenaries fought other people on their missions as often as they fought Grimm. If not, more so. "Hostiles on the roof!"

"Copy! Watch your 4 o' clock! Six coming this way!"

"On it!"

"Give them hell Sentinels!" They let out a loud yell of affirmation before continuing to lay waste to Grimm that surrounded them. They worked like a well oiled machine of death and Jack was the driving force behind it. Whenever a Grimm got too close to his men, they would get rended to pieces by his Gargoyle's Lament. The sounds of gunfire brought the surviving villagers pouring out of their houses and rushing to the safety of the slowly advancing, loose semi- circle that had been formed for that very purpose. The huntsman were expected to fill in the cracks of those formations. Whenever a Grimm got through to attack the civilians, the soldiers would not even turn to stop them, full expecting Azure, Silver, and Cinny to take care of those ones with their close range weapons.

As they advanced, they had to step over the bodies of Grimm and human/faunus alike that they couldn't get to in time. There was no time for sympathy either. The situation was desperate and the pilot overhead had already radioed in for reinforcements as he continued his aerial onslaught. It would take some time but the calvary was going to arrive soon.

"Reinforcements will be here in T-minus 15 minutes people! Make every shot count till then!"

Elysium Elysium Britt-21 Britt-21 Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs StartingOver StartingOver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back