• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [ R W B Y ] : Beyond the Fall

Silver Craver
"Oh my heart could burst, shes so cute!" Silver was having a fun moment inwardly. She opened her eyes and kept quite allowing Nyx to do her job. This job seemed like a sense of pride to the kitten. Silver was happy she was so happy.
"Tonight is a celebration! For starters I've been reunited with my favorite kitten, and secondly half of team CREAM is back."

Her eyes turned to Joy, either the snake would only catch two words from the sentences around her or every last detail. That's what Silver assumed Joy did, cause the snake was either distracted or razor focused. So Silver decided to account for both. " Me, you and Joy should maybe have a drink or two if you want Nyx." Silver said grinning. "At the very least you can bring some catnip."

Silver smile grew warmed as she leaned her head into Nyx's back while they were in line. "I really did miss you Nyx." she placed a hand on Nyx's head. Not petting her or rubbing it, just letting it sit there. "I'm happy you found a job, and I know I have to take you all serious."

Silver picked up her head and whispered into Nyx's ear. "But I'm sure no one will notice if a claw reaches over and snags one of my fish." Silver started to laugh shutting her eyes. She took her hand off of Nyx's head and looked up ahead of Nyx. "Jeez either this is the only place to get food here or it's super good food. They are really packed!"

Britt-21 Britt-21 Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat

Joy Citron
Screenshot_20170717-165000.jpg

The rosy red eyes of the snake darted in every direction with a sly smirk stretching her face, her arms were crossed as they walked through HQ with Nyx leading them. A few doors and areas were marked with a "Authorized Personnel Only" plaque. Joy would try to catch a glimpse when someone would punch in a few numbers or scan their hands and go through. The door would unlock and the "authorized person" would pull the door open and reveal, just briefly, a little taste of what was inside. But it wasnt enough, and Joy would pout or groan as soon as the door would close. She would sometimes stop and peep through the windows if the door had them, but would otherwise keep walking behind Nyx and Silver, lagging a few paces behind them. If she happened to get seperated she wouldnt mind, it woukd be the perfect excuse to snoop around and get away from those two. Hell maybe shed even find Jack alone. A snake can dream.

"Here we are, the mess hall."

Joy looked up, realizing that she didnt hear a single word Nyx and Silver said prior. Oops. Oh well, she did remember they were mostly talking amongst themselves so it probably didnt concern her anyway. "Now this is what Im talking about," she nodded before entering the hall, "Food for a hungry gal," she licked her lips and smiled softly. Following Nyx once again, the girls stopped at the end of a line, a line she assumed was for the food. Joy was not too pleased with this, Nyx and Silver talked more, mentioned something about drinking and when Silver finished she looked at Nyx and spoke her mind...as usual, "Arent you like...Jack's right hand man? Cant you just go to the front? Im sure theyd let you." Joy eyed the line and took into account that most of the line consisted of males, females were speckled here and there, but mostly male. Suddenly her predatory instinct came in. Joy never really left a good taste in the mouth of a girl, but she certainly knew how to leave a mark on men. "Well, if you wont use your advantages~" she stopped there, she didnt need to continue, it was already implied shed work hers. Joy shot them another one of her long lashed winks, "Join me if youd like. But if you two goodies are stopped by your moral compass, what ever that is," she teased, "Then I'll save us a table." and left their sides.

(Controlling NPCs for a sec dont hate me Dx)

The snake threw her white braid over her shoulder and straightened her posture, she sauntered toward the front of the line with her hip-rockin-strides that exude confidence, a trio of young guys in her vision, their backs to her and talking amongst themselves. It was time to work her magic. She approached one, tapping them on the shoulder, and explained she was a newbie hired by Jack himself then proceeded to innocently ask if this was the line for food. When they replied yes, she cutely complained how long it was, all the while "subtley-but-not-so-subtley flaunting her goods". The three guys reassured her it was okay and offered to let her move infront of them, to which she responded with a velvety smooth, and teeny bit suggestive, "Thanks, I owe you one~"

She was only about two people away from recieving her food now, thanks to her methods of persuasion. Joy stood infront of them, chatting and talking, while her inner temptress on the surface of her mind snickered at how easy they were. When it was her turn, Joy pointed and asked the cook for the food she wanted, which was a decent list, and once she was satisfied she carried her tray, thanked the guys one more time (at least she was decent enough to have manners), and walked off to claim a table for herself and her partners.

Britt-21 Britt-21 StartingOver StartingOver

Azure Fenrir
Screenshot_20170716-221917.jpg

"So, which way is the motel?" Azure wouldve just stood there in awe if it werent for her painful wound and the fact that White Fang were on their tail. She did spare a second or two to blink at Cinny from under her blindfold, surprised and certainly impressed by how much hes progressed over the course of a year. Then again theyve all had time to improve, Azure included. Too bad she wasnt in any condition to show her honed skills off just as Cinny did. Her time would come though. "It is this way," she pointed to their right and let Cinny lead the way, knowing she was going to hobble behind anyway. She tried to walk as normally as she could, with a slightly quickened pace given the pressure of the situation, but she could only move so much. At least she could stand upright, but every step felt like her guts were going to fall out of the hole at her side. She knew they wouldnt, but it was still very uncomfortable. 'I'm taking the high road to the motel. I'll keep an eye from above.'

Good, Eph was close. Being separated could be a liability, Azure aleays felt uneasy when her and Eph were split up, so much could happen with no one at your back, and she always wanted to be there just incase he needed the extra back up...sure he was capable of taking care of himself but Azure always stood by because of his recklessness. "Keep close," she responded and continued with Cinny.

The motel was within eye distance, and getting closer. "We left some things in there, we'll grab em and wait for Ephriam," she said to Cinny. One bloodied hand was glued to her side in the event her makeshift suture would give way, blood still covered the lower part of her shirt, with some smears and smudges on her arms and face.

'I acquired an enemy truck. I'll be at the motel in a minute. I'm wounded. I'm not walking far. I got a gun though. I can watch the door.'

A tiny growl slipped through Azure's teeth. She looked to Cinny and pointed at which room was theirs, "Wounded? That makes a pair of us," she said to the Nikos boy, messing up the saying 'that makes two of us'. The fox's ears twitched as she turned her head to Cinny once again and opened the door to Eph's motel room, "We should prepare to leave as quickly as possible once Ephriam regroups...White Fang knows we are here, will not be long till more show up." She walked in, holding onto the door frame, then the one table in the room, then the bed. Azure sat down gently on the cushiony soft top of the bed. "Watch the door and the window," she instructed Cinny, laying back on the bed, "I am going to rest, I will be listening," Azure made it a point not to fall into a sleep, with the amount of blood shes lost, being tired is understandable but passing out would be dangerous. She continously told herself to stay awake, trying to distract herself by listening and feeling the energy around her. Every now and then she would feel herself being coaxed into sleeping, her breathing would slow, her mind would start to feel heavy, but she opened her eyes and shifted everytime to keep herself from being too comfortable.

Elysium Elysium Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs

Last edited:
Next morning, Sunrise

Ephraim Nikos
Where: Ephraim's house, Vacuo peninsula
With: Azure Fenrir Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat and Cinnamon R. Bons Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs

It had been a while since Ephraim had been here. It's been slightly longer since he got to sleep in this bed. It's been a while since he properly slept. But that still didn't stop the aches and pains, fresh wounds, old wounds, un-removed shrapnel, etc. It took a longer, groanier time than it should have for a man of his age and fitness. Holy shit he was tired. He put his face into his hands and sighed deeply a few times. It's been a hell of a year.

He was calling Jack. He and Azure couldn't keep this up too much longer. And now they had to keep Cinny alive. According to Azure, he was much better than he was. But Ephraim wasn't just going to take a word at face value anymore. Ephraim didn't babysit.

Ephraim grabbed his scroll, rubbing sleep (total godsend) out of his eyes. He scrolled through his contacts and pressed Jack's name.

The dialtone ran, and Ephraim got more and more ansty with each passing ring.

- - - - - -

(Enter collab with shadowz1995 shadowz1995 , Alternating between Jack and Ephraim's POV)

Jack had only just dried himself off when his scroll began to chime. It was rare when someone called his personal number... A quick glance showed an old friend.. Jack picked up the phone and answered calmly, "Ephraim. How can I help you?" He said in an official tone.

A wave of relief flooded Ephraim's tired and beaten mind and body. He, Azure, and now Cinny weren't going to die on some battlefield soon. "Jack. It's good to hear your voice. I'm with Azure and Cinny. Azure and I are in very rough shape. We need extraction and a place to recuperate, or we're gonna die."

The sentinel's eyes narrowed as the words came. He could actually hear the desperation in his voice. Things must be bad if the personal agent of Ironwood was calling him for some kind of help... it was also likely that Ephraim didn't want the general to find out about something.

That meant there was no time for small talk.

"Location, extent of injuries, and the situation. Quickly." He snapped. Not irritably but in urgency. Jack was already putting in the order to mobilize immediately. He also was sending a message to the ladies of the base to gear up ASAP. They're friends were in trouble. The speed at which Jack's fingers were tapping the scroll to send out the troops was easily audible on the other side.

Well damn. That was easy. Ephraim should have done this six months ago, after he nearly kicked the bucket raiding a White Fang fort. Interesting. "Vacuo Peninsula, My house, right on the coast. Only house for miles. Lacerations, bumps, bruises, fractured bones possible. Um... I have infected wounds and a fever, I don't know about Azure. Cinny's fine, hasn't been with us for more than twelve hours. Bring a ship that can carry a truck. I have a truck now. We're being chased by White Fang, but I'm pretty sure we shook them for the time being. Anything else you need?"

Already the sound of boots rushing up and down halls were beginning. Orders were being barked by officers as the men and women began mobilizing. Jack pulled away from his scroll for a moment as a half dressed staff member turned the corner with his armor and weapons. A number of other members rushing with similar boxes down the halls to give the ladies their gear as well. The commander began shouting orders of Ephraim's location which was echoed by a few officers a ways down.

"I need a strike team assembled immediately! Five carriers and one cargo ship! Heavy lift gear! Make sure we have three platoons of medics outfitted for serious injuries, possibly fatal! I need speed soldiers!! We're going in hot!!"

Jack then turned to his scroll again as the sounds of clothes shifting and heavy armor being strapped onto his body leaked to the other side, "Ephraim, make sure that Azure has all her open wounds tightly compressed and keep an eye on her. I trust you can tough it out till we get there but watch her complexion. Make sure she stays lucid and comprehensive. We will be there ASAP."

"LET'S MOVE SENTINELS!" A resounding Yes sir! Was heard before Jack hung up the call. He had to get moving and couldn't do so while talking on the scroll.

This day was already the best day at work ever. Wait, did Azure have a fever? Ephraim mentioned his own problems. He didn't know about hers. Oh well. It wasn't bad advice at any rate. And he knew that Jack would be here rather quick. "I'll do that. She's stable right now. I am too. See you later." Ephraim was expecting the prompt click on the other end of the line the instant his farewell finished. Man was nothing if not efficient.

- - - - - -

Ephraim tossed the scroll onto his nightstand, and proceeded to strip, walking towards his bathroom as he did. He needed to clean his wounds and redo the bandages, as well as shower off road filth. At least be presentable for Jack and most likely half of his army. Ephraim swiveled on his heel rather neatly for someone with a limp, and texted Cinny and Azure.

"Jack's coming to get us to safe haven. They'll be here in a few hours. Clean up, eat, patch yourself up, and pack. Be ready to go shortly after they arrive."

Ephraim told Jack they weren't followed, and they weren't, but still. Contingency.

Now he took his long ass hot, then quick cold shower after dousing every wound that wasn't finally closed over with peroxide. New gauze and bandages were applied with a deftness developed from always doing this shit. It was so nice of Jack to supply him with a watertight prosthetic. He didn't have to go through the lengthy process of dislocating his shoulder and rotating in in a full circle to pop his arm off. So dumb. Months worth of internal power, even in rigorous situations was nice too.

He finished the rest of his normal, civilian life morning routine. It was such a pleasure to just be able to relax again. He needed that.

The Night before...

nyx.png
Nyxxy smaller.jpg
&
Jack Onyx

Jack didn't want to be here. His work since the fall had kept drowning, struggling for air but now.... he finally had a moment of silence. A moment to think and let all the events of this past year really sink. Jack had felt guilty asking Nyx to be the one to come with him but there was no other. He was just happy she agreed.

The mercenary's face was stuck in a grimace as the two walked through a small graveyard of black tombstones made of Obsidian, illuminated by the glow of the fractured moon above. The young man carried a black box with him and wore his uniform, black as night and with the blue gargoyle insignia of the Sentinels over the left breast and across his back. Nyx had been quiet during their walk from the base to this private graveyard. "No questions, Ms. Belladonna?" He said, barely above a whisper.

Being asked by Jack to meet him 10 minutes before midnight at the courtyard was certainly an odd request. But regardless, the Faunus accepted without question and met him sharply at 11:50pm in the courtyard. She hadnt changed yet and thus was still in her clothes from earlier in the day. When she had met Jack, she noticed a box that he was carrying but didnt ask about it, not yet. Especially since he began to lead her towards a Graveyard which had a few obsidian tombstones already standing upright on the ground. This entire time, Nyx said not a word, slowly starting to put the pieces together before Jacks voice sliced through the silence with his own soft tone, the Kitten parting her lips and speaking in reply "I may have figured out why we're here on my own, actually..." she said softly and glanced at the box that had still been in his grasp before lifting her eyes back up to her partner.

"This is about your mother, correct?" she heard something about a ceremony from a few coworkers. Though she wasnt sure what the details were about it. "The ceremony. You werent able to do that for your mother, were you?" it was possible... After all, he was so busy with work that she really never saw him go missing for a long period of time. Maybe now he finally got that chance to do what he had to.

The sentinel chuckled but the amusement failed to reach his face. His expression remained serious and crestfallen. "You're partially right Ms. Belladonna. I wasn't able to hold a proper funeral for her. Yes, that is true but this isn't about that. It is very rare that anyone in my family gets a proper burial. No, this is a ceremony to honor the fallen."

"It has been a year since I became the Head of the Black Sentinels. A year that you and I have been working together. It coincides with the same day that my mother died."

The young man's brow furrowed as they reached their destination. The newest tombstone in the field.

'Lara Onyx'

"There is.... a tradition in the Onyx bloodline. Once the current commander has upholded his/her position for a year, they must uphold a ceremony. On the anniversary of the death of one our family members. Its been a year since I became Commander and also time to uphold my duty as the last living member of the Onyx bloodline." The mercenary opened the black box he was carrying and inside was a single black rose and a small glass container to place it. Wordlessly, Jack knelt down and took out both items and placed it upon the tomb.

So the ceremony was not one of what she had thought it was, but in fact it was a ceremony to Honor the Fallen. Either way, it was still something that Nyx would take quite seriously and try to follow if any instruction were given to her. Looking down at the tombstone that the pair had approached, she read the carved in letters of 'Lara Onyx', his mother nonetheless. "I see..." she said, watching as her partner opened the box to reveal a singular black rose with a small glass container to hold the rose upright. He proceeded to place the rose upon the tomb and Nyx kneeled down beside him "If you dont mind me asking... Why did you ask for me to join you? ...Not that I had anywhere else to be or anything!" she quickly corrected herself with a nervous laugh and added "I'm just curious...Is all."

Jack looked beside him to lock eyes with the female. It was a few seconds before he looked away and sighed heavily. "I'm the youngest commander to have ever been, Ms. Belladonna. All of the previous heads had families or lovers or something of that nature. I dedicated most of my life to my training. Tradition states that the 'partner' of the commander should be the one to add the final touch to the ceremony."

"It made me feel guilty to ask but..... you are the only person I have that comes close. You are my partner and I care about and trust you more than anyone I know. It may not be what the scripture meant by partner but... Im sure my ancestors will make an exception for me just this once. Its my mother and... I just want to do this proper."

Jack let a bitter laugh escape his lips at a memory, "My mother always said that if I kept going at my training so heavily, I'd never find someone worthwhile to stand by my side during her ceremony. I'm...glad I could at least prove her wrong on this one thing."

Nyx couldnt help but feel her cheeks heat up. She was Honored but she was also... Shy? This was something she would have never guessed would happen to someone like her. She wasnt a lover to Jack but she was the partner who stuck with him since day one. As he said, he cared and trusted her more than anyone. Nyx could honestly say the same. The bitter laugh had made her smile sadly as she placed her hand on Jack's back "You just never found that right partner before hand." he did train heavily, but she'd watch him and learn. Heck, even join him in training to get a better learning experience!

"Im sure she's smiling down and is very proud of you for making it this far." her sad smile turned into a more genuine one. "For all we know she's cheering you on. Hoping her son will go far."

" You thi-" Was all he was able to get out. His words immediately cut off and the sentinel's hands visibly started to shake. He was even holding his breath to keep the pain from spilling out. His mind could no longer stop his doubts. Could he do this? Was she really proud of him? How did she do all of this? How could his mother manage this and raise a kid? When dad died, how did she keep moving forward? Was he really doing a good job? Was he ready for this position? More men have died under his watch than any other commander! He was struggling so damn much just to keep things afloat. It was nothing but endless doubts that he had forced down during this past year. He couldn't show them. Couldn't feel them. He needed to be stronger than any other commander in this time of war but how?! He was hanging on by a damn thread.

Eventually... Jack let out his held breath, his voice breaking as it he did but no tears came out. As much as he wanted to. He couldn't break down. Not here. Especially not in front of all of his forebearers. Especially not in front of Nyx. Jack stood up and barely managed to whisper, "Infuse some of your aura into the rose. It will glow a deep blue when its done..."

Nyx felt her heartstrings being pulled at the sight of her partner's hands shaking, his breath coming to a stop as he held it in. Her ears turned slightly, picking up the sound of his heartbeat. For some reason, she felt like he was going to break if she even tried to pull him into a hug. Soon his breath was let out and the break within his voice hadnt gone unnoticed. Jack stood up and towered over her as she looked up at him, her ears lowering. Nyx's golden eyes shifted back down to the rose as he told her to infuse some of her aura into the rose and once it was done, it'll glow a deep blue. "Okay." she said, lifting her hands as she gently placed her fingers along the outside of the rose petals, closing her eyes as she began to focus her aura into the rose. Slowly Infusing her aura into the Delicate flower. Though that didnt stop her from using her ears to turn and listen out for Jack.

"By stone and steel, We shall never crumble." The little excerpt his mom always loved to say. And very much like stone, Jack's face hardened. His brows furrowed, his jaw was set, and his muscles tensed. His eyes looked like simmering coals in the dead of the moonlit night. All at once, Jack's body straightened and stiffened to a crisp salute. His body shook no more and his breathing had regulated. There was no indication of the previous pain he felt.

The only sign was a lone tear that rolled down his left cheek. It was almost like watching a gargoyle shed a tear of stone.

Jack stood this way for awhile before relaxing and offering his hand to the feline, "Come on. Lets go home." He said quietly, all signs of his previous weakness erased. Same old Jack, except now the faunus knew the pain he held inside at all times that he still did not allow to break him even there.

Nyx opened her eyes and looked back up towards Jack, noticing he looked like the same ol' Jack with his usual posture and his usual expression. Though at this point, Nyx seen it as a Facade that he always used to cover up "Give me a sec..." turning back to the rose, she continued her Aura till it began to change into the Deep blue that he spoke about. "Okay, done." she then turned half way and looked at his hand before she grasped it, getting up from the ground and releasing his hand "Thank you." when the Faunus looked up at Jack, she noticed a wet trail down the one side of his face "Jack...?" she asked, lifting her hand up to his face, ready to wipe the tear. "Are you-"

As the hand wipe the only evidence of his sorrow, a rough, callused hand enclosed itself hers. Jack closed his eyes for a moment before looking at the golden-eyed woman with a serious expression. "Thank you, Nyx. Truly. Thank you." After that, he let go of her hand and gave her a small smile. "Let's go before Ms. Citron breaks something important."

Nyx wiped the lonesome trail, but her eyes widen as his hand grasped hers. Her heart felt like it skipped a beat at the touch. It was obvious that she wasnt used to such contact. Very much so that it was a feeling she rarely felt. Jack opened his eyes to look at her, and what she didnt expect was to hear her name escape his lips. Her first name. Once he released her hand, she slowly lowered it and just stared at him in Awe as if he was some famous popstar to a fangirl. "Y-Yeah..." she was stunned at this point. Surprised. But she managed to focus and put herself back on track "Also, Jack, you're welcome..." she said softly and offered him a soft smile in return to his small smile. "Thank you for coming to me and trusting me."

Location- Nyx’s bedroom,

Time- 2am

Silver/Nyx

Silver looked around at the dark hallway. “All these damn rooms look the same.” she thought. She made a hissing noise as she crept along. She took a folded piece of napkin and looked at the room number.

“305… 305… AH!” she had found it! Silver gave the knob a small turn. It opened being unlocked. Silver grinned and slid into the kitten’s room.

Nyx was sound asleep, her head buried into her pillow and her expression relaxed. If anything, she looked more at peace than she did while she was awake. Always worrying about her partner and always worrying about the safety of others when she had gone on missions. The Faunus turned onto her side, her back towards the door as she stretched out a little bit and took a deep breath before huffing it out and relaxing back into her mattress. Sleeping was nice, and she planned to take advantage of that tonight.

Silver giggled to herself as she watched Nyx turn. “Gosh she’s cute.” she thought. Silver thought Nyx was a very cute, but she couldn’t tell if that was a cute like she wanted to kiss her or a cute cause she was half kitten. Guess she would have to find out. Silver slowly crept to the other side of the bed and very gently rolled Nyx on her back. She didn’t recall if Nyx enjoyed belly rubs, but just to be safe her left hand went to gently stroking Nyx’s stomach and the right hand patted and rubbed her ears. “Stay asleep little kitten.”

Nyx began to purr as she felt a hand rubbing her ears while also giving her a few pats from time to time. A hand had also been on her stomach but she didn't seem to like it much as she shoved Silver’s hand away from her stomach but seemed to lean into the hand that rubbed her ears and petted her head. This was a feeling that Nyx really hadn't felt for at least a year and a half. Hell, it was probably a lot longer than that, considering the fall and everything that happened before it.

Silver grinned and took note that Nyx did not enjoy belly rubs. She leaned down. “Let’s see.” she very gently placed her lips on Nyx’s and stole a kiss from the sleeping neko. She pulled back keeping her smile. “Just as I thought, I’m not into you like that.” she sighed and laid down next to Nyx. She kept petting her and shut her eyes. It sounded like just a regular cat was sleeping next to her. She wondered if the kitten would curl up into her.

Of course, Silver’s wonder was answered as the Faunus never moved from her spot and continued to purr. Her ears began to twitch slightly the more that they were touched, causing her to stir and move her hands to her face. The tip of her tail gently patting the bed “mmm...Jack… I don't...wanna wake up...yet…” she muttered, turning her face away from Silver and falling back to sleep. Her tail no longer moving as it laid limp on top of the bed.

Silver giggled louder and wrapped her arm around Nyx’s shoulders snuggling up close to the Neko. She put her face in Nyx’s back. “I’m not Jack.” she said softly. “I’m a lot prettier thank you very much sleepy head.

“Jack...Why do you sound...Like a girl…?”
she asked sleepily. How was this person not Jack? “Also...you’re pretty….eh…?” why would Jack think he’s pretty? He was handsome, that was a fact that Nyx knew. Sadly, her sleep was disorienting her while Silver spoke to her because the kitten was dreaming.

“Cause I am a girl silly!” Silver giggled and leaned closer. “Can you guess which girl I am?” she asked playfully. “If you guess wrong you have to strip off your pants.” Silver kept her voice even but she had her eyes shut and laughing silently. Before the kitten answered though Silver crept to the door and locked it. She didn’t expect Nyx to do it, but this was harmless and Silver would make sure it stayed that way. She giggled to herself and crawled back in bed embracing Nyx.

“Just a bit of cheating.” she thought to herself and placed her fingers right where Nyx’s ears connected to her head and rubbed softly. “Let’s see where this goes.” she thought.

A light blush began to appear on the Faunus’s cheeks after hearing the words come from Silver “Nooo…” she whined as her purring came to a stop “It’s embarrassing…” Nyx always hated to change in front of girls. It was just not her cup of tea. Even just taking off one thing such as pants or a shirt always bothered her to the core. Unless she was on a mission where someone had been wounded and needed a bandage to stop the bleeding. She’d rip her own clothes just to help the person, no matter how she looked afterward.

Silver didn’t intend to push Nyx too far, but it wasn’t like she didn’t want to see herself. “It’s just a game. I locked the door so you’re very much safe.” she said softly. “Besides if you guess right i’ll tell you who I’m in love with. So really showing off the great butt you have is a small price compared to baring my soul.” Silver wondered how much of that actually got through to the semi- awake neko. Silver knew the girl was a prude so of course the sway of her mistress and how she had been changed made her want to slightly corrupt the kitten. Even in such a small way as this. If Nyx ever wondered what bad things Silver would do to her, this was the extent..

“A game…” she said softly, trying to comprehend everything that was being told to her. Playing games at wee hours in the morning, really didn't sound too fun. Her cheeks had been red still due to the consequences if she had guessed wrong “I’m...not like that…” she muttered low enough so Silver wouldn't hear her “I do like games...but not...like this…” Nyx shifted onto her side, facing the woman as she stirred back up, releasing a yawn and moving her hands to her eyes. Rubbing them softly and ready to open them.

A light lit in Silver’s eyes she wanted very badly for Nyx to play her game, but then she saw the kitten roll over and she felt these emotions fade. “What the hell am I doing?” she thought. “Okay okay, how about you just open your eyes and see.” Silver smiled and pulled Nyx closer in an embrace. “This girl loves you very much and wouldn’t let anything bad happen to you. This girl owes you her life.”

She owes me her life? Nyx thought, moving her hands from her eyes and slowly opening them to reveal the golden color of her eyes. They lifted up to look at the face of the woman laying with her “Eh?” blinking a few more times, she finally processed who it was as her mind began to wake up “Silver, what are you doing in here?” with this, she began to sit up “You should be sleeping, we have stuff to do tomorrow..”

Silver grinned. “I wanted a sleepover.” she smiled. “You were so warm and cute I couldn’t help but snuggle up with you.” Silver gave Nyx a tight squeeze. “I can go to sleep if you wrap me up in your arms and tell me how wonderful I am.” Silver batted her eyelashes. “We can talk about boys and love…. It’ll be great.

Nyx blushed more than what she had before, turning red as Silver held her the way she did. “I-I...S-Silver.” she looked away from her “I don't w-want to talk a-about guys and love...especially at this time of night…” it was the last thing she ever wanted to talk about. Boys were not on her to-do list. She wanted to wait for the right time, to feel something before making any type of move. Even then, Nyx really didn't plan to find a guy anytime soon.

“Well would you be willing to listen to me?” Silver looked up. “Or should I tell Jack how close I was to getting you to play my little game?” she grinned. “I never thought Nyx would turn down a chance to bond with someone. I never knew my friendship was such a burden on you.” Silver let go of Nyx and started to crawl out of the bed.

Blinking a few times, she looked back at Silver and watched as she started to crawl out of bed “Don't tell jack anything Silver!” Jack didn't need to know anything, there was no reason to… “I wasn't turning down a- Wait, game? What game? And you’re not a burden on me. You never were.” why did she feel so guilty? After all, she just woke up due to Silver speaking to her and touching her head...Wait… “Silver, did you touch me while I was sleeping?” she could remember her ears being rubbed and her head being patted...but faintly.. Now Nyx was finding it hard to believe that silver just wanted to have a ‘sleepover’

Silver turned around. “Yes I petted you and held you.” Silver said. “You remind me of her, and I couldn’t help it.” Silver felt real emotions starting to come now. “I just miss her… and I wanted to be held, to hold someone. “ she sighed and stood. “I wasn’t going to do anything, how could I… you’re my bestfriend,” Vixen would have applauded, but this wasn’t an act. Silver had been keeping in her emotions about Azure for awhile.

Caught off guard, she tilted her head slightly “What...Her?” Nyx asked “...You’re lonely, Silver.” she scooted herself to the end of her bed and got up, walking over and taking her friend’s hand “You miss the girl that you… Have feelings for.” Silver did say that she missed this girl and she wanted to be held and to hold someone, so the kitten Assumed that she was in love with someone and just felt lonelier than anything. Given she did sneak into the Faunus’s room.

Silver nodded her head. “She’s a Faunus like you…. Azure.” Silver said. “I love her so much Nyx it hurts!” she sighed bowing her head. “I haven’t seen her for three weeks,,, i'm scared she thinks different now… maybe she won’t love me as much anymore.” This was maybe more than Silver wanted to let out, but she was caught in the moment. She had changed, she wasn’t the woman Vixen had made her. Nyx had sped up the process. Was it really strange to think Azure was the same way? The thought of Azure not loving her made a tear come down Silver’s cheek.

Azure? That name sounded super familiar to Nyx. The more she thought on the name, the more it finally click on who it was. “I remember her! I didn't think that she was still around.” Really looking at Silver’s face, she noticed a tear fall down her cheek “Don't start crying Silver. You’ll make me cry.” the kitten frowned as she took her one hand and gently wiped the tear away “We can find her.” as much as she had 0 experience in romantic relationships, she still tried to help “And when we find her, I’m sure she’ll be more than happy to see you again. From what I noticed, love doesn't fade away so quickly Silv.” Romantic love or Family love, it doesn't fade away as most people would think.

Silver leaned into Nyx and buried her head in the kitten’s shoulder. “My heart just hurts.” It was a plain statement, that didn’t need much more explanation. “We spent all this time together… falling in love.” she sighed trying not to sob. She couldn’t even tell Nyx why she was so hurt. “You are right…. Deep down you still love me.” Silver turned her head to the side and gave Nyx a soft grin. “I shouldn’t have cuddled you are petted you in your sleep.” Or kiss you and try to get you to take your pants off. she added in her head. “I just… I just want to be held, and you’re the only one who I could trust.”:

A small smile appeared on her lips as she wrapped her arms around Silver and hugged her “It’s okay. You just wanted to feel what you felt all that long ago. Even though i’m not Azure, I guess I could say I’m similar...With the ears and stuff like that.” she didn't release her friend “I’m holding you now. So that’s good right?” she giggled softly and pulled away a little bit to look at her “Why don't I bring you back to your room, hm? We got a busy day tomorrow and we can't be up all night, or we’ll be sluggish in the morning.”

“The ears… the warmth,,, the way you purr and the cute noises she makes when she really relaxed and falls asleep in my arms.” Silver could feel her grin getting wider. “I don’t know what it is Nyx, but I just melt when I’m around a cute fox or kitten.” she sighed and shut her eyes. “Could I maybe sleep with you. I’ll leave very early I swear. I just have had some trouble sleeping.” You could see the tiredness starting to creep in her eyes. Fighting with what she was programed to do and letting out all this emotion had worn her down. Silver was fading fast.

As much as Nyx really was off about it… She couldn't reject a friend in need! Nodding her head, she put her hands on Silver’s shoulders “Then you can stay here. That’s fine with me.” If only she was able to be more help for her. “Just know I move around a lot, so don't be surprised if I’m rocking the bed like a boat or something.” she joked and giggled before moving back to the bed and giving Silver room to lay with her “C’mon.” she patted the space next to her and put her head down on the pillow.

Silver gave a sleepy grin. “You’re the best kitten a girl could ask for as her best friend.” she stumbled over and fell onto the bed next to Nyx. “I’ll hold on…. “ she yawned cutting herself off. “Oh sorry I’ll hold on… you won’t go anywhere.” she leaned closer and put an arm around Nyx trying to pull her, but all Silver’s strength left her. Her head lolled forward onto Nyx’s chest. “Mmmmmm.” Silver couldn’t take it. The warmth, the now darkness, she was to out of it now to tell the difference between Azure and Nyx. “Love… fox...y..” Silver’s eyes shut, her whole body going limp as she finally after three long weeks got to sleep in her lover's embrace.

Meanwhile Nyx was slowly dying from embarrassment with Silver’s face in her chest but tried to go to sleep to ignore it. The Kitten turned her face away and closed her eyes, not able to shake the fact that tonight was legitimately an eventful one. First she was with Jack during his own personal matters and now she was sleeping in the same bed with Silver literally with her face in her chest...Why did everyone require the kitten’s assistance?

Last edited:
nyx.png
Nyxxy smaller.jpg

Nyx was tired due to the events of the night before, between being with Jack and then being with Silver. Catnip was going to be her first source of waking up but she decided against it and decided to settle with coffee -filled with Vanilla creamer- inside the mess hall. Luckily the drink was sugar and caffeinated just enough to get her through the day... Or so she hoped. The kitten was sitting in the mess hall, looking through the pictures in her scroll while she sipped coffee from a white mug. If anyone were to look at her, they would see that her mug actually looked like a happy cat on the front of it as she drank. Taking a sip of her coffee, her scroll came up with a message from Jack. Immediately she opened the text and looked at the message sent to her to get her gear ASAP. Whenever a text like this was sent to her, she would move her butt and kick it to high gear, knowing that this was high priority. Downing the rest of her coffee, she shuttered from the sudden inhale of her drink and left the mug on the table as she rushed out.

The cat quickly text back Got it. she was already dressed, all she needed was her weapon and she was ready to go, so the destination she went towards was the Hanger. It seemed that she wasnt the only one running around, however, others were rushing as well so it was possible that they got the news as well "I'm not the only one huh?" and someone replied to her with a quick 'Yes Ma'am!' of course that still bothered the Faunus but she said nothing more as she rushed through the doors and to the hanger, seeing multiple troops already gearing up "Where's the boss!?" Nyx called out to one of the men by her Weapon case 'He'll be here soon, gear up Miss Belladonna!' nodding, she opened her case and grabbed her weapon, quickly putting it on her back while taking the dust cartridges and putting them on a strap around her thigh.

Hope everyone gets up in time. Last I saw is that Silver was in my room... Joy...I dont know about.

5097752885_8062ec34ca_b.png

Jack's Joyous Morning

Sweat hit the concrete floor, lightly dripping from Jack's face. His shirtless form revealed Fresh bandages that adorned his wounded side but the mercenary continued his work out as if he didn't notice its existence.

"238....239...." he murmured through the effort. The young man was holding himself up in a perfectly vertical handstand, slowly lowering his body till his nose touched the floor, then back up. Every muscle could be seen at work through the tanned, scarred skin of the commander. His breathing was still very steady, indicating he was far from tired. This was his morning everyday after all.

After the large man finished his count at 300, he pushed himself up into a surprisingly agile flip to land back on his feet. He only paused to drink some water before immediately hitting another exercise. Naked footfalls marked his approach to the custom made kicking bags. They were weighted down by hundreds of pounds and also chained to the floor. It might seem like overkill but this was Jack's personal training area. His strength was nothing to scoff at.

The mercenary assumed a stance and let a devastating roundhouse fly, crashing into the bag with such force that the impact sounded like a gunshot or thunder. Despite the weights and chains, the bag rocked over, making the metal chains groan in protest as they pulled the heavy object back into place.

Outside the training compound Joy had awoken early for a run. It was a good way to see the premises in its entirety, and a good refresher since Nyx had given them the tour. She stretched both her legs and arms before bending to either side with her hands on her hips to pull her sides. She released a sigh and jogged in place loosely for about five paces to get her blood pumping in her work out outfit (which consisted for breathable running pants and a sports bra to hold in the goods). Finally she raised her arms to tighten her pony tail that sat high on her head to keep any snow white strands out of her face and she was ready. Joy wasted no time, at a steady pace she ran past the mess hall, the barracks, garages, and ended her route at the training area that sat near the outer area of HQ. Joy didnt really get to set foot in it or even try it out when she first came across it during the tour and since it was too early for anyone to be up and around, "A quick peek wouldnt hurt~"

Inside, the snake entered through the observation deck of the training facility that peered over the open area below. She could hear a voice echoing through empty chamber, counting in the two hundreds. Her curiosity compelled her to grab onto the railing with one hand, while the other wiped moisture off her forehead from the run, and look down at the source of the voice. "Oh!" She said to herself, a little suprised to see Jack down below. She figured running a large project like the Black Sentinels would leave you little time to do anything else. Despite her assumptions she still enjoyed the view. She rested her elbows on the railing and bent over to place her chin in her hands while she watched the Commander perform his augmented push-ups. "My my," she cooed to herself, "Seems his strength wasnt a facade at all~" Joy felt her hunt was about to begin. There was nothing more than the sight of a powerful being that roused her. That was her weakness. Thats what she always searched for. She was always in search for power, not in money, or title, but raw physical power. Why? Well, to put it simply: the snake plays a sadist during the chase but what she really likes is to be masochist. Thats why she searches. For the one person to handle and "put her in her place". Power. Is. Attractive.

After a few dozen more thunderclap inducing kicks, Jack moved to switch legs. In the silence, he felt more than heard her. His obsidian gaze swiveled to meet the crimson hues of Joy Citron.

She looked like she was watching a juicy meal dangling just in front of her. It appeared that Jack was once again, that juicy meal. Joy responded with a wave of her hand and a wiggling of her fingers to say a silent hello when their eyes met.
The large, muscular young man stopped what he was doing and took a few steps in her direction. He looked up at her and one could tell he wasn't exactly amused by her watching him. "Can I help you Ms. Citron?" He called out to her.

"Ms? No need to be so formal~ Lets be friendly." And with a shake of Joy's head, she continued, "Please," she leaned her upper body over the hand rail some, "Dont let my presence distract you."

'Friendly, she says'

The sentinel's eyes narrowed for a moment as the faunus leaned forward. Jack didn't know what her aim was with all of this. Whatever it was she was cooking, he didn't like it. Still, the snake faunus fought by their side during the fall of beacon. So, as bad as she seemed, she couldnt be all bad. Nyx and Silver seemed to like her.... for some reason. After last night, Jack was feeling a bit better. A few drops of sweat dripped from his arms as he raised his hand to her and gave a gesture to come down, "Care to join me then?"

He might as well give her a chance. Much as it went against his gut instinct. The snake raised her eyebrows, her smile expanding from his offer, "Sir, yes sir~" she gave a nod and pushed her self away from the bars to find the nearest staircase that would lead her down to him. She moved at a quick pace to meet him, and slowed once she reached the bottom, "So," she began, walking towards him, "Whats next in your little morning routine~"

"Weapon drills." He responded plainly. "Followed by live combat training for rookies but I remember the way you fought at Beacon. You're far from an amateur."
Closest thing to a compliment he's ever said to this woman...

"Why thank you~" the snake mimicked a curtsy, her confidence now reaching a new height, "I have experience in many things~" she eyed him up and down.

"So weapon drills should be fine. It's designed with randomized weapons. In a battle, you never know when you will be disarmed and must fight with what you have." Jack gestured for the sultry woman to follow him. The training course was just around the bend and hosted a wide array of weaponry for the pair to choose from. Joy followed behind him, "I have a lot of experience with my fists. After all, my gauntlets only protect me from breaking skin, its my strenth that does all the work." She spoke with a chip on her shoulder. She wasnt one to boast or flaunt skills but she had a lot confidence in her strength, "Then again theres the enhancements I made, just incase I cant duke it out. But i prefer hand to hand, its a lot more.....personal."

"Mmm..." the one man vanguard grunted in agreement. "I don't like using firearms very much either. I'm not exaggerating when I say that my strength and semblance allow me to be. A one man army. Firearms would practically make me unstoppable. Contrary to my personality, I enjoy something of a challenge when I fight." This made the man chuckle a bit, which was incredibly rare.

"A laugh? You do have a sense of humor. Amd I guess your semblance, along with mine, would double the 'army'," she raised her hands with air quotes. "Like it or not, you and I have a lot in common," She crossed her arms and walked beside him, giving him a side eye and smiling slyly, "Matching strength, I believe thats a first for me....unfortunately I fight just to fight. I like winning."

Jack led the woman over round the bend and into a incredibly intricate obstacle course with automated turrets set up everywhere and trigger targets just beneath them. Just at the beginning there was a weapon rack with dozens of different types of weapons.
"Trick is to pick weapons you dont like."

Joy walked following along side the rack, her eyes glinted, scanning as she passed with a hand under her chin, you could see the gears in her head turning, "Every weapon that arent my hands or of my own design is a weapon I dont like," she stopped and reached out to grab an ordinary aussault rifle, basic, but reliable, "So if thats the trick, as you said, then I guess Im at an advantage." at the end of the rack were a few...supporting weapons. Bowie knives, daggers, small last-resort pistols. But a pair of grenades caught her eye. They werent the type that explode, no, these were smoke grenades. Joy snatched them, and stuffed them into the pockets of her work outpants for later.

"Seems we are on the same page then." The large man agreed as he picked up two pistols and set of throwing knives. He attached the throwing knives to his forearms and double checked that the guns were loaded. Jack then walked over to the beginning of the course and input a few commands. "The turrets are going to be shooting stun bullets. They won't kill you but they hurt like the real thing. Our objective is to hit the targets to turn off the turrets as fast as we can." The merc turned to the seductive faunus and gave her a once over, "Let me know when you're ready."

Joy lowered the rifle from her eye, the turrets in her crosshairs. She checked that she had a full mag, and kept an extra between her waistband and the skin on her hip. Snapping it back into place, the snake held the weapon in one hand, leaning it upward on her shoulder. Serpent eyes fixed on the objective turrets, Joy spoke to Jack, "Im ready~" she turned her head fully to him and smiled, "After you commander~" she beckoned him.

Fresh sweat dripped down the commander's body along with fresh blood from his still healing wound. It wasn't much, just a light trickle but it served as a good reminder that doing this course alone was much easier than doing it with a partner. Black colored irises moved over to the snake faunus and Jack had to admit, he regarded in a new light. It seemed he could trust her with his back if things ever went sideways. Certainly not a foe Jack would want against him, considering how damn crafty and cunning she is. The sentinel wasn't one for stereotypes but he'd be damned if Joy wasn't nailing nearly every single one on the head.

"Well done Ms. Citron. I have to admit, I'm impressed. Your even better than you were at Beacon and that's saying something..... and I don't mean your body." He added quickly at the end. The woman loved to twist his words to her agenda and he decided to not let that get corrupted.

Although....

Joy and all of her... "assets" were already distracting enough normally. But after a hard workout, a clinging sports bra, and having worked up a sweat? Jack had to keep his eyes completely averted to keep himself from staring. So, he settled for staring at the ground at where he was sitting and resting.

Joy caught her breath, bending over with her hands on her knees, her high pony tail by her ears as her head hung low. She snapped her head up to look at him when he spoke, the tail whipping back behind her. She straightened herself up, standing and wiping a drop of sweatwith the back of a hand that was about to fall off her chin, "I didnt say anything about my body," she giggled between breaths, "but since you brought it up, Im glad you noticed~" she winked at him.

The snake walked closer to where Jack sat, she stopped infront of him, standing over him with hands on her toned, cinched waist, her skin glistening from a good morning routine, "Commander~," she cooed, "Its rude not to look at someone when you speak to them," she pointed him out, dragged him out into the spot light, "If i didnt know any better Id say youre avoiding me." she got him now, playing her little game. Once again she bent over, with hands on knees but facing him this time to get a better look at his face, and perhaps to get him to look up at what she was literally dangling infront of him. Joy loved toying with men, she always got to them some way or another, and Jack was her favorite toy so far. He hasnt broke on her yet, especially with the rough way she plays. Jack went look up at the woman but his gaze did pause at her breasts. Rather than stare, his eyes narrowed as if they were annoying him. Which they were in a way. Red met black as they locked eyes and Jack clearly wasn't amused.

Joy grinned with fanged teeth when the usual annoyed look reappeared on Jack's face, "Has anyone ever told you, how cute you look when youre upset?"

"Ms. Citron, im honestly praising you. Don't ruin the moment with your..." his eyes flicked down the length of her body, "antics." He finished, meeting her eyes again.

Joy maintained eye contact, if that was what he wanted, then she would give it to him. He was unamused but she had enough energy left to be far from it. She walked and sat beside him on the same bench he rested on. The snake sighed, her hands at either side of her, palms facing the bench, "Antics? Commander are you suggesting Im trying to pursuade you into doing something I want? And that Im using my femininity to get the thing I want?" She batted her eyes and sarcastically appeared to be shocked, "What kind of girl do you take me for," she asked, crossing one leg over the other.

The black sentinel's shifted to look at her out of the corner of his eye. Now she was playing coy... God, Jack couldn't deal with women like her. "Ms. Citron, I don't know what kind of men you have known since meeting me but clearly its men who easily get swept up into your act."

'Which is probably most men...'
but he didn't say that out loud.

"So, not only do I not buy into it nor will I get swept up in your pace..."

"I know exactly the kind of woman you are. There's a word for it. Dangerous." The tank of a man stood from the bench, pivoted on his heel, and placed one hand on either side of bending down very close so their noses were almost touching. Black eyes bored into her crimson ones like magma as he spoke in a dangerous tone, "There are many weapons in the world and beauty is one of the most efficient. A blade or a gun will kill, maim, or injure you. A beautiful woman will make you regret ever being brought into this world."

"Is that how I make you feel, Jack?" She tilted her head to the side, just slightly. Joy's eyes glanced down at him for a moment, watching how close he was. She looked back to him, and wore a smug little smirk the whole time he spoke to her, trying to frighten her. But she would not be so easily torn down, not from fear. And if anything, his little display just called her to try harder.

The mercenary pushed closer to really drive his point home. Jack was a very big, muscular young man and he was trying to be intimidating. Of course, little did he know Joy was loving it.

"I'm not like other men Ms. Citron. I do not and will not underestimate you. You are cunning, intelligent, skilled, strong, and possibly one of the most attractive women I've ever met. I won't lie to you. But its also why I don't trust you. Most women can bring a man's life crumbling down around him in one night. You, however..." The mercenary lingered momentarily, thinking about his next words carefully.

When Jack paused, Joy took a peek at his lips that were less than three inches away from her own. She could feel the warmth from his nose being so close to hers, she could see his arms from the corner of his eyes and every muscle on them, his voice that was so husky and threatening, all of it made her go crazy. However, he seemed pretty set in stone where he stands with her. Perhaps a little taste of what could be can change his mind, 'Just a little taste...' she thought, looking at his lips once again and drawing closer, until she met with his. Despite Joy's tendencies to be a little...rough when it comes to...everything, her kiss was quite soft and sweet, but drenched in lust.

The commander pulled away from her, surprised, but the intensity of his black stare was much harsher now. There was a fury in those smoldering coals that promised violence. Her claiming his lips was obviously the last thing he expected to happen. He glared for a hot moment before continuing as if nothing happened though she clearly caught him off guard with that. "....are a woman who could single handedly take over all of Remnant if you aren't kept in check. So as tempting as you are," he admitted honestly, "Stop playing your little game with me. I wont be your little boy toy...."

Joy pouted when Jack pulled away and continued his speech. Jack proved to have a tough will, but the snake knew every fortress had its weal angle, so she wouldnt give up. Not until she gets what she wants. Thats how Joy functioned day to day. Pursuing one wanted thing after another. Of course Joy usually got bored after getting what she wanted, but what made her want Jack so bad was that he could possibly be a toy she would never get rid of. "All of Remnant? That does sound nice..." She scooted closer to the edge of her seat to get closer, following after him when he created distance between their bodies, "Maybe you can keep me in check~" her tongue brushed her lips, remembering his taste.

The commander's brow furrowed in anger and something akin to a growl or rumble of frustration could be heard in his throat as she licked the taste of him on her lips. His voice was wavering with wavering with contained anger, " Not maybe, Ms. Citron. Definitely." He spat with a promise. His anger blinding him to what she meant by that exactly.

Joy smiled and leaned over slightly, her pursed lips adjacent to his ear as one hand firmly gripped his bicep and pulled him close to her simultaneously, "Promise?" she whispered.

"I'm Jack Onyx, Ms. Citron." The man grabbed the arm that was tugging on him and he yanked her up to him with a rough pull. "I always keep my word." He said roughly before releasing her from his grip, his eyes flicked to her holding his bicep. "You done?" He asked.

Joy had shivers run up her spine when he so easily manhandled her onto her feet. Still smirking she answered, "No...not yet, but I suppose for now..." she wasnt anywhere near done with him yet. Joy let go of him, placing her hands behind her back.

"Good." He replied. Jack walked over to the nearby rack and pulled a pair of fresh towels while Joy's eyes followed him with a predatory glare. The merc tossed one to Joy and started toweling the sweat off. Shortly after, his scroll went off...

Five entire carrier ships were mobilized in what probably amounted to about 35 Sentinels in each ship, all armed to the teeth. Each ship had a platoon of vanguards, strikers, snipers, heavys, medics, and support gunners. There ships themselves were locked and loaded, completely ready for an extended battle. Many would consider this more than overkill and they would be correct but Jack approaches emergency situations with a, "Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it." Mentality. The medics were fully prepared for an emergency surgery if need be due to the Commander's previous orders.

There was just two ships that werent part of the attack ships. One cargo ship and a private vessel that flew with the Strike team of sentinels that was flying to Ephraim's position and that contained Jack, Nyx, Joy, and Silver. There, Jack briefed the armed ladies on the situation that Azure, Cinny, and Ephraim had found themselves in. Their task was simple. They were to go in with a support team of Sentinels and escort their old friends out while Jack and the rest of his men secured the perimeter and eliminated any and all threats.

While they were traveling at high speeds, it still took an hour and a half to get to the location by air but when they got there....

It was like a flood of soldiers, tech, and firepower. Armored boots hit the ground and positions were immediately being taken up. It was like watching machines at work rather than men and women. Apparently, they had arrived just in time as the ships keeping overwatch on the ground troops began open firing into the treeline behind the cabin. The White Fang had been closing in on the haven of Ephraim and his friends. Orders were shouted over comms and the cracking of gunfire could be heard in the distance along with the clashing of metal against metal as some of the troops engaged in close quarters combat.

It was easy enough for the women to get in, grab their injured classmates and pull the hell out. Jack's voice blared over the comms, telling them to take his private ship and fly out while he took command his men in the treeline and led the fight against the members of the White Fang that had been closing in.

A pair of medics joined the group of friends on the ship as they properly patched up the wounded party members. The pilot wasted no time in taking off and getting the injured the hell out of there. Eliminating the enemies was an auxiliary objective. The primary mission was to extract Ephraim and his group. Jack's private mission of helping Nyx find her friends was also a success.

During the fighting, it was clear that another huntsman had joined the fray during the battle and was assisting The Sentinels in their fight. Jack recognized him as one of the people on the list during The Fall and that scratched another missing individual off as well.

The White Fang was outnumbered, outgunned, and outmatched and while the fighting was intense and bloody, it was over quickly.

"I need some medics over here!" Jack's voice crackled in over the comms of the ship. "Fighting has been taken care of ladies but we have wounded. Nyx, you are effectively the commander while I'm away. Take care of things until I get back. I have to take care of things here. Bastards had a damn rocket launcher..." a low grunt of pain could be heard as well as the rustling of movement. "Over and out."

Click.
Elysium Elysium Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs Britt-21 Britt-21 StartingOver StartingOver @ I dont remember everyone's rpn name so fuck off. Tag whoevet else needs to be tagged in ooc.

Last edited:
The fighting had been intense. Men in armor combating the White Fang for an objective unbeknownst to him. But he had figured that if they were fighting the Fang, they were the good guys. Aryl had checked himself over once more, his clothes had a few holes and tears, but they were small. He hadn't come out unscathed either, he had a gunshot wound in his left arm, but the round had went through, so he merely just wrapped it up and kept fighting. They had been able to push the White Fang out of the area, and he noticed some ships leaving, possibly carrying wounded or whatever they were here for.

He sighed as he sheathed Lightbearer on his back, rolling his shoulder back and stretching, a few cracks audible. He looked around at the fighters, looking for any obvious sign of a leader. He overheard that someone by the name of Nyx was to be their commander as he could only assume the actual one was going to do something, but again, his intentions were unknown.

He looked around before calling out. "Whoever this Nyx is, I would like to speak to them!" He pulled back his hood, scarf still covering part of his face. He dropped his cupped hands and sighed again, where were these people when Beacon fell? They weren't all students from Beacon, but he saw a few people he vaguely remembered from Beacon, then something clicked. Nyx started sounding more and more familiar until he hit the realization that he knew her. He instantly started seeking out the girl and picked her out.

"Nyx!" He shouted, jogging over, weaving in and out soldiers to get to her. "Hey, it's been forever it feels like..." He said. He probably sounded crazy, the two rarely talked and weren't exactly on nice terms, for whatever reason. "Would you mind... explaining what is going on, exactly?" He asked, wanting to clear up his swirling head. "Wait, my god, where are my manners. I'm Aryl Mikado, you may or may not remember me from Beacon." He said, holding out a hand to her for a handshake.

Britt-21 Britt-21

nyx.png
Nyxxy smaller.jpg

Everything felt like it was moving at max speed. Her adrenaline was higher than the sky and she was on high alert. Looking around at the people around her, including her partner and her friends. Things were gonna get crazy, she felt it within the air and seen it with her own eyes. For people on the outside of all this action, they'd think that the people here were going to war. Granted, that's kind of what was going on but it wasnt the case. Jack briefed everyone on the situation and the Faunus nodded. As much as she wanted to be excited to see Azure, Cinny, and Ephra again, their health and their survivability was far more important than fawning over how much she missed them and how happy she was to finally see them again. "You got it Boss." said Nyx over the comms as she placed her hand on the grip of her blade, ready to take action as soon as they were to land. Rush in, knock out any White Fang in our way and extract the three. Hopefully we can get them all out in one piece. she thought to herself, standing as she felt the ship begin to lower. Pulling Runic Blade off of her back, she split it into two, creating her twin blades as she waited for the hatch to open to begin their mission.

That's when things got hectic. Troops marched out, gunfire was heard within the comms and from outside the comms. People screaming orders, yelling to move or flank. It felt like a literal warzone. The Faunus wasted no time in rushing to the cabin with her team and support sentinels. I hope that they're still in there. she thought to herself. As soon as they all got there, they began to extract the three, sentinels protecting the team as each girl brought out a classmate. The only one who seemed in pretty much perfect condition was Cinny. Azure seemed pretty bad, almost as pale as a ghost and Ephra was pretty injured himself. These three definitely went through some rough shit to get like this "C'mon, let's hurry up! We cant waste time, we gotta get to the ship and get medics pronto!" she shouted to the Sentinels. Nyx hated to boss around, but she needed to due to the circumstances they were all in. They were all in the danger zone and there was no time to waste. If they got caught, it'd be hard to move through with ease. Even with a support group.

As they pulled out the three, Jack yelled over the comms to take his private ship back "Rodger that, Onyx." with that the group moved towards the personal ship and got on. Medics joining the team in the ship. Once everyone seemed to be inside, someone was calling her name. Her ears turned a little bit before she turned towards the open hatch and spotted a Faunus who looked awfully familiar to her. Just as he threw out his name, she rushed down the small ramp and grabbed his hand, pulling him onto the ship as the hatch began to close while releasing his hand one it was shut. As much as she felt awkward around him, right now, she felt nothing other than relief. "Aryl, I'll explain things when we g-" suddenly she heard Jack on the comms, her ears perked up to maximum as she listened to Jack. He didnt sound too good when he released a grunt "Wait Jac-!" "Over and out" he said before -what she assumed- switching off. Nyx gritted her teeth before looking back at Aryl "When we get back to HQ, we can talk." her eyes shifted to the wound on his left arm which seemed to have been wounded. "I need a Medic over here! This one has a wound on his arm." she barked as she forced Aryl to sit down.

Her eyes moved over to Azure and Ephraim -who was currently knocked out- , as well as Cinny who luckily checked out pretty much 100% okay, aside from some facial cuts. Azure... Nyx was worried for, so many wounds, and since her complexion was so pale, it was obvious that she lost a lot more blood than she should have. "Azure, just know you're going to make it." she said, trying to at least give the faunus some hope. The medics brought plenty of supplies to take care of her and definitely bring her back to health.

@LiterallyEveryone​

Last edited:
Ephraim Nikos
Where: BS Airship
With: Whoevah

Ephraim slid into unconsciousness shortly before Jack's team arrive. He was walking from a bathroom break to the kitchen when his vision suddenly went black and he thudded to the floor, shoulder first. It didn't hurt though. He felt no pain from the fall though. He didn't feel a damn thing.

And then he woke up. In unfamiliar territory. Unfamiliar faces peered down at him, and Ephraim didn't hesitate. He rocketed upward, ignoring the burning in his leg and the sore, weak feeling in his entire body. God he wasn't in any sort of state to fight but he did anyway. He was slow, sluggish, and none of his blows landed, but he didn't stop.

At least, not until he noticed none of them were doing anything but dodging. Ephraim settled into the best defensive position he could considering his weakened state, and looked around cautiously, just waiting for someone to make a move against him. He was in an unfamiliar airship. There were heavily armed people all around him, watching, but not coming forth. Ephraim finally realized he wasn't in an antagonistic environment anymore, so he eased up.

And when he released his adrenaline, his leg gave out, but a nearby medic (had to be Jack's people) caught him and eased him into a seat. So Ephraim allowed to physical examination and medication without complaint as he continued to gaze around, looking for a familiar face. Where were Azure and Cinny?

Silver
"She's hurt.... why won't she wake up.... I'll kill them... I'll kill them all!" Silver for all her might hadn't really gotten involved in the fighting. She was so one track minded when it came to Azure. As cold as it may sound she could give two shits about the other two. She would protect them sure, she had no intentions of allowing them to die, but they were never her priority.

Now however the surprisingly passive woman was about to burst. Her eyes were not just glowing sliver, but pulsating in time with her heartbeat. She couldn't take her eyes off of Azure. Her sleeping face was just as cute as Silver remembered. She longed to stroke her cheek, rub her ears as she playfully told her to stop. Silver moved to the side door of the ship and placed her hands on the railings, leaning forward as if she was going to launch herself into what was left of the fray.

There wasn't much left, but nothing would make her feel better than to slaughter what was still breathing down there. "I'll kill them... how dare they..." she mumbled to herself she leaned back hard as she prepared to bring death. "Azure, just know you're going to make it." Silver turned her head back to Nyx before rushing over, Azure taking over her mind.

"Nyx... do they need blood... I ... I know we match, please take all of it!" she very well couldn't say how she knew they were capable, but she had to try anyway. She also couldn't admit to Nyx that she really meant to take every drop she had. If it was to save Azure she would allow it. Silver made her way to the medics. "Sir please take as much blood as you can from me. I'm sure you have some, but we match and It could be used for later, the fight is over I'm not needed."

Aryl nodded silently as he was forced to sit, leaning his head back against the cool metallic wall of the ship. When she called out for a medic for him he shook his head and looked up to the other three. "Let the medics worry about the ones who need their help, I'll be fine." He said to Nyx. He straightened himself up against the wall, pulling a knee up closer to him and slinging an arm over it. Azure was in the worst shape he had ever seen for anyone, but he was confident she would be alright due to the preparedness of their medics.

"Glad you guys came when you did. I mean, I wasn't with our friends at the time, but with as many Fang that showed up, I'm afraid we all would have shared the same fate. So for that, you have my gratitude." He said with a nod. His ears perked at the mention of this 'Jack,' whom he had never heard of before in his life. He noticed Silver going into a frantic craze, babbling to the medics to take all the blood they could from here.

"I understand your friend his hurt and all and you are trying to help her, but please... don't throw your own life away just to help another, even if it was just words." Aryl said, looking up to face Silver. "You are no good to your friends if you die in a vain attempt to save them. I know this truth more than anyone else." He said, a more solemn tone in his voice. "What is your blood type? If we share it, your friend will be in luck, and so will you." He said, the inclination of an offer apparent.
StartingOver StartingOver

Azure Fenrir
Screenshot_20170716-221917.jpg

Azure slept in a small bed in a quest room...well actually, she didnt sleep. After Eph picked them up the duo, turned trio, were taken to a house in a remote area in Vacuo, they finally had a chance to rest peacefully. Azure how ever remained, weary. She layed in the bed, one hand applying pressure to the self-cauterized wound at her side, while her ears remained perked and cautious. The petite fox neglected sleep for three reasons. One: she wanted to stay awake while the others slept, just incase. Two: how could she sleeping with the searing pain? Three: she deliberately stood up to avoid any further health concerns thanks to the amount of blood she lost. Azure spent the whole time laying there quietly, and sitting up any time she heard a bug or branches crapping against eachother from the wind. She was exhausted, lethargic, and suffering.

The faunus closed her eyes for a couple of minutes as the sun rose. The light peeked in in any way it could. Suddenly her scroll vibrated on the bed beside her, and its front screen lit up. With a little effort she reached for it, and winced at the use of her abdominal muscles that poked at her wound.

"Jack's coming to get us to safe haven. They'll be here in a few hours. Clean up, eat, patch yourself up, and pack. Be ready to go shortly after they arrive."

Azure scrunched her nose. They didnt need help. They were fine on their own, they can manage like they have so far. Besides the more people there are the more liabilities they had. Large groupd often called for attention, what if someone finds out who theyre withand attacks them too? Azure inched closer to the edge of the bed, and when her feet finally reached tge ground she stood up, slowly making her way to the door and opening it, "Ephriam," she called out, "Eph we must talk--" sensitive fox ears picked up the muffled roar of water running from the shower head in the bathroom. The petite faunus sighed, the tips of her ears slightly drooping, her tail following the same motion.

Azure looked up and around, 'Where has Cinny gone?' she just realized. Hes probably in the kicthen, most likely. Azure took her time to make her way to the kitchen, her clothes starting to chafe on her wound, but she ignored it. "Hello?" She popped her head into the kitchen and looked around some before walking in completely, "Cinny?" A large ear rotated to face behind her at the sound of familiar footsteps. Blinking her two-toned eyes, she turned around to meet Ephriam's face and tilted her head to the side, "Have you seen--" she paused. Sensitive ears perked straight up at the sound of more noises, "I believe I hear airships..." Azure walked away from Eph and to the kitchen window, moving the curtain and peering out. Maybe she'll see some kind of dark grey blob in the white canvas that was the sky. Or perhaps see the energy in who ever was manning it, granted it was close enough, "They sound a little far off but its coming closer...." she turned around to face Ephriam again, "Do you think it may be the White Fang again?" The thought of it being Jack crossed her mind, but there was no way they got there that quickly, right? No, it coukdnt be him. "....Ephriam?" Her partner's aura began to flicker, fluxuating between normal levels and weak. Something wasnt right. And like a switch, his aura grew incredibly dim, and the fox watched the red energy fall to the floor. "Ephriam!" She ran to his side, bending down carefully, being mindful of the pierce at her side. Azure put her hand on the side of his cut and battered face, patting his cheek lightly, "Wake up!" she whispered loudly. Moving her small hands to his shoulders and shook him gently but with panic. She was small and not really built for strength, and because of that Ephriam was pretty heavy to her. The sounds of the air ships were right over them now and Azure's heart quickened. She was alone. Cinny's whereabouts were unknown and the partner shes had at her side during these awful times was unconscious at her feet. Auras were being emitted from the ships surrounding them but she didnt recognize any. "Wake up, please!"

Alone.

Despite her size, Azure didnt fear much, but loniless was definitely one of the biggest fears she had. Call it a result of a very isolated childhood but once people enter her life shes terrified of losing them. She wasnt afraid of Eph dying or anything, under the physical and mental stress theyve been under it only makes sense for a body to collapse with out warning like that. No. So if anything his body turned off out of exhaustion not death. She was worried she wouldnt be able to defend him against these strangers at their door step. She was in no condition to put up any sort of fight, she had no energy to spare. Azure scooped her hands under his arms and tried to pull him into a hiding spot but once she managed to barely get his head off the ground, the strangers were already in the house.

They came in like a tidal wave, fast and with purpose, separating her from Ephriam and taking him while they managed her. Azure fought them the best she could, pushing and wiggling who ever it was that had grabbed a hold of her tightly. (No one really went into detail so im gonna throw it in there and say Joy got Eph and Azure xD itll give me more to rp about when i post for her.) She was literally picked up and taken to the air ship, too busy wrestling her captor to even notice it was her very own friends around her.

Azure was taken into the ship, where the medic team quickly took over. They guided her, still kicking and all, over to a gurney they had in the spacious ship and placed her to lay down. But Azure refused, her adrenaline was all that was keeping her passing out at this point and kept her from assessing the truth of the situation. Her wound had opened again with all the rough movement and the medics quickly took notice, "Shes suffered severed trauma in her abdomen, what ever it was it went completely through and its on the verge of infection," she could hear them talk over her, looking up from the bed. One official lifted her shirt to get a better look and the wounded fox bared her teeth and grabbed the medic's wrist firmly. What happens when you corner a wounded animal? Retaliation.

But that was not going to fly with this team. All sorts of instruments came on her at once. They measured her blood pressure, hooked her to IVs, and removed the blind fold to check the dialation of her pupils with a small flashlight, "I am blind, you idiot," she hissed. Shes never insulted anyone like that but given the event taking place Im sure they would forgive her. She was right though, her pupils did not react to light the way they normally should so it would be pointless. The medical personnel discussed the severity of her wound amongst eachother and expressed that they have to clean and fix it up right away. "We need a sedative," another grunted, trying to hold her down and still. Someone came over with needle in their hand, flicking the air bubbles out and instructing a firm, "Hold her arm." Her left arm was straightened and held firmly down, "Do not touch me!" a thin but very very cold layer of frost began to spread from her hand onto the medic's wrist. He gasped and pulled back quickly and Azure paused for a moment, surprised and confused as to how that even happened! Where did that come from? From her?! But how? She looked at her own hand like it was an alien but quickly became distracted by her situation once again. She growled, still trying to move, a years worth of frustration and hardship came out in the form of tears down her face. It has been one hell of a year. The needle entered her skin and the fox let out a loud, "No!" Kicking her legs, the frost reappeared. Spreading and covering the gurney she layed on, onto the metal floor of the ship, climbing onto the walls and meeting at the ceiling in the forms of small icicles. The thin sheet of ice even began to travel up the needle and syringe that was in her, begining to freeze the sedative inside. But it was too late for that. The entire liquid was in her blood stream now, and the official pulled the needle out. With what ever remains of her blood pumping so quickly, the anesthetic only took mere seconds to course through her and put her to rest. Finally....

At least now she could have the rest she desperately needed.

Everyone Everyone basically huehue

Cinnamon R. Bons
It hadn't been long until Eph had arrived at the motel to pick them up, and Cinny had spent the rest of the day taking directions from Eph and driving to Ephriam's home in Vacuo...which was literally just a cabin in the middle of nowhere. 'Don't question it.' He had told himself while parking the truck. It was a surprise to see someone like him driving a truck, or any vehicle for that matter, but you'd be even more surprised on what lessons you could pick up literally traveling from one continent to another. And so, after helping Azure (and trying to help Eph) inside, all three had retired for the night. And after sleeping in tents, driver seats, and motel beds made out of brick-like mattresses, Cinny nearly wept with joy when he saw the bed for one of the guest rooms, throwing his bags to the side and literally jumping in with his clothes still on. That had been a few hours ago, and Cinny was still asleep, snoring lightly as his legs and arms were still spread out like he was some kind of sugary angel.

His stomach growled, causing him to twitch, his dreams momentarily scrambling before slowly being pulled back. However, noises from his scroll and the sounds of an airship did the trick, Cinny's eyes snapping open. He pushed up his body and looked around wildly, sniffing and rubbing his eyes. What the...what? Cracking his neck, he looked at his scroll and picked it up to check the time, narrowing his eyes when he got a text from Ephriam. He sighed. They were in the same cabin. He opened it up and read the text, his groggy mind slowly coming alive and beginning to pick out small scuffling sounds from downstairs. "...Who the hell is Jack?" Cinny asked to himself with a frown.

SLAM!

And just like that, the sounds of yelling, gunshots, and multiple boots hitting the floor and ground sounded from outside and inside with just the slam of a door. His eyes widened with panic and he immediately grabbed Creme', hearing shouts from downstairs that was quickly coming upstairs. Crap, Crap, Crap! Did the white fang find them already?! With a sigh, he made sure his bags were near him just in case he needed to grab them before they all ran back to the truck. With a nod, he turned to the door and readied himself just in time for it to burst open and see..."What the-Nyx?! What-ACK!" He had no time to ask as he was quickly grabbed and being pushed and led downstairs. Instead of White Fang grunts, he saw soldiers running in and out of the house just in time to see some carrying Eph and a struggling Azure out the door. These...didn't look like Atlas soldiers either. 'Thank god.' He thought.

What happened next was a real surprise. He was literally being pushed through a war zone, seeing white fang grunts drop and hearing orders being barked out loudly. Cinny was so confused. Was...Was this Jack guy the reason for all this? After a few moments of that, he was pushed into an airship and the noises stopped the minute its door closed. And so, Cinny was standing there dumbly, watching a medic quickly come over to him and quickly tend to a cut on his face that his Aura hadn't healed already before quickly moving away to more important injuries. Uh-Uhm...Okay. He shook his head. Okay, Okay. H-He should probably figure out the situation with Azure and Eph BEFORE asking all the big questions.

Nodding to himself, he quickly followed the medic to see which one he was going to first. After all, there were only two people actually injured on this ship...at least, to his knowledge. He slowed down when the medic quickly rushed to his group, who was trying to calm a struggling Azure. He frowned at this, but stayed out of the way. After all, even if they were rough, she was still getting a hell of a lot better medical treatment. He turned, hearing two voices, and turned to see Silver and a wolf faunus trying to calm her down. He raised an eyebrow. Was she...trying to give all her blood to em'? No offense to Azure, but he remembered Silver barely even talking to Azure back at Beacon. He slowly backed his way out after seeing Azure get sedated, believing that Nyx could handle this...hopefully.

"This one's resisting too?" He heard another medic sigh, quickly running away from the scene and pass Cinny. Eph, Cinny quickly thought, following the Medic. It didn't take long as Azure, but he made it in Eph's room just in time to see him nearly fall on his face before a medic caught him in helping him into his seat. Cinny sighed in relief and watched them work their magic. Good. Eph and Azure were both safe.

"I didn't know you were THAT scared of needles, Eph." Cinny had teasted with a small smile, standing behind the medics with hands in the front of his hoodie.

Elysium Elysium

Mentioned: Britt-21 Britt-21 Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat StartingOver StartingOver LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Red dripped down into the burnt earth beneath his feet as the soldiers behind him struggled to get their feet. The blast had not directly wounded them but shockwave had left them concussed and disoriented. Jack had put everything he had into making his body as dense as he could. So much that he had to yank his armored legs out of the holes he had created on the ground from his weight alone.

The entire upper right quadrant of his armor had been blown to smithereens along with Jack's helmet. Everything from his right obliques up past his right shoulder was bare now and the sight was not pretty. He was burnt from the explosion and bits of skin could been seen hanging like wind chimes from his arm. Fragments of his armor jutted out of the injured area and Jack's wounded area was practically covered in red. It was large and left alone could pose to be a problem but Jack could tell it didn't go past the superficial muscle. It looked far worse than it actually was.

The Commander stood by pushing himself up and heavily leaning on his large sword while the medics came. They tried to get to the Jack first but he shook his head and ordered them to take care of the others. He could handle this much on his own. The all clear came in over the comms and Jack quickly gave the order to round up the wounded and get everyone back to base. There had been no casualties and that was far more than Jack could ask for. The young man quietly limped back to cabin, using his weapon as support. It was quick and everyone was practically ready to go. Some soldiers rushed over and began assisting Jack to one of the ships despite his protests. Everybody on the ship knew that he was a walking tank of a man but even they knew the Commander was hurting. His usually stone-like, stoic features had pain and determination plain as day.

Jack would arrive roughly half an hour after the group of classmates and hopefully that was enough time to sneak into the base without people fussing all over him. Especially the feline. Oh man....if Nyx found out....​

nyx.png
Nyxxy smaller.jpg

Nyx turned as she picked up the sound of Silver muttering to herself before turning to her and telling her about a blood transfusion. It didnt help that Aryl joined in too. The cat sighed and shook her head "Listen, these medics know what they're doing, Silv. There's no need for you to chip in too. If you're going to fight me on this, I will stop you. I'm telling you that right now." it turned out that the kitten was taking her job quite seriously as the Commander for the time being. "Aryl, you're another." she shifted her golden eyes over to him "We cant have more people going out cold. That's the last thing we ne-" she heard the medics talking aloud and trying to talk over a panicing Azure, she turned her attention over to her just as Ice began to coat the ship and icicles hung from the roof of the ship, all coming from the injured Faunus's hand. Golden eyes widened as she seen this just before Azure had finally went limp, her chest rising and falling, indicating that she was still alive "What just..." the confusion was already all over her face, how did ice come out from Azure's hand? Did dust activate? Was there something more to it? These were all questions that'll be saved for later, let her recover and finally get a good look at her surroundings while getting comfortable.

"Hey Cinny?"
she called, looking towards where he was and clearly saw no one. "Where did he go?" At least he wasnt heavily injured so she didnt have to worry too much. But she still needed to talk with him "I'll be back. I need to talk to cinny since he's the only one still up and about." with that said, she moved out of the area and lifted her nose slightly up into the air "...Huh... He still smells like vanilla after a year? That's something. Cinny? You know I can smell you!" it was weird to say, but it was true. Her search hadnt lasted long as she came up to an open door and revealed Cinny standing behind a pair of medics "Cin, there you are. I was looking for you. I needed to ask you a question...Or two." two questions was not what she had in store for him. In fact, it was tons. Where he was, how he was doing, what the heck happened. Too many questions for the injured but she just couldnt help but worry. Her golden eyes shifted past the Medics and spotted the lonesome figure who was Ephraim. His appearance changed entirely and he wasnt that long-haired redhead anymore. In fact, he was blonde! But that could always be dye...That red hair was probably super hard to cover considering how it was.

He was alert and aware it seemed, so that was good. There was no need to put a sedative either since he wasnt fighting back as Azure was "Welcome to the world of the living, Ephraim." she joked, smiling a little. "These medics are part of Jack's men. He briefed us on the situation and well... You can probably guess what happened." her tail swayed lightly behind her happily, though her expression was a little bit of mixed feelings between worrying about her partner and being happy to have extracted four people instead of three. Her plan to finally take back beacon was sewing itself together. The hard part was pretty much done, but now it was planning for the attack.

Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs Elysium Elysium LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 StartingOver StartingOver

Ephraim Nikos
Where: BS Airship
With: Nyx Belladonna Britt-21 Britt-21 , Azure and Cinny mentioned ( Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat and Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs )

The medical examination took no time at all, which surprised Ephraim. Apparently he had been patched up prior to getting Epi Penned (explained the soreness in his chest), and they were just making sure he didn't tear stitches or move bandages with his paranoid outburst. During his scan he saw Cinny and Azure off a bit, getting varying treatment for varying ailments.

"I didn't know you were THAT scared of needles, Eph." Cinny had teased with a small smile, standing behind the medics with hands in the front of his hoodie.

"Says the guy who was scared of his own shadows last time I saw him. Bite me."

His tone was also teasing, sticking his tongue out at his recently-found buddy. His gaze returned to Azure. Her panic was a very bad thing. Azure didn't know how to control negative emotions as well as she should for one in her position. It's why Ephraim stopped giving a shit. One of them had to, in order to keep surviving in the malicious wilds.

"Do you guys have any alcohol on this boat? I think I need a drink."

"Sorry sir."

"Ah well."
Ephraim kind of waved the guy off as he kept an eye on Azure. He was in no real shape to walk over there, so he just had to hope she didn't freeze the plane with her Maiden power. He'd really rather not have to go into double exile. That's the whole reason he left with Azure without saying so much as a see ya to anybody. Ephraim was the only one who could survive her losing control of that rather devastating capability, due to his aura building his physical capability to high extremes before he learned to let it out. It had been a year of hellish growth for both of them. For everyone, probably.

Good. They put her under. When emotions hit the normally emotionally-dense girl, they hit her like a freight train made of biceps. The frost growth around her halted as she fell into a proper sleep. Maybe he wouldn't have to go base jumping from 30,000 ft.

She needed that. He did too. The seven hours he got last night was a nice start on a long road to recovery, and this medical treatment was like having a speed-limit increase on an empty road. His natural healing factor would take care of the rest within the next few weeks, since everything serious was patched up quite expertly. He'd have to buy Jack enough drinks to put him under the table to pay this back, but it was so worth it. Even the knuckle-headed Azure would have to agree when she came too. Poor thing. If he could walk he'd go sit next to her, but at this rate he'd be on crutches for a few days, as soon as someone handed him some crutches.

"Welcome to the world of the living, Ephraim."

Ephraim's ears perked up, but probably not as much as the ears of the one who said that, due to incompatible perking anatomy on Ephraim's part.

His head cocked over to face her, and upon seeing her, he felt a weight lift off of his large shoulders. He ran a hand over his eyes to wipe away the sudden dirt that got into it, taking a second to gather himself before he spoke. She spoke again before he got the chance.

"These medics are part of Jack's men. He briefed us on the situation and well... You can probably guess what happened."

He disregarded that. It was fairly obvious. He wasn't going to fault her on it though.

"Hey. Hi. Sorry I haven't called. I... Um. I had my reasons. And I was worried that maybe I'd learn that you... Hi Nyx. It's good to be back. Maybe it's time I try being human again." He gave himself a self-deprecating chuckle, but the wide (but still tired) smile he gave to her nothing but genuinely happy.

Nyx couldn't help the smile that grew on her face hearing his words “Hey. Hey,” she said, mainly in a tone to have him take it easy “It’s alright, Ephraim. You don't have to explain yourself, besides, it’s what matters now, right? All together again, You, Me, Cinny, Azure, Silver, Joy, even Aryl…” she lifted her hands to her hips “I’m just glad you guys are alright and nothing worse has happened. Such as...Well… Death. I’ve learned that we’ve lost some from our classes while searching for you and the others.” her ears lowered a little bit, but she knew sulking about the past wouldn't make things better. Sure, they’ve lost some, but they’ve also gained some in return, it wasn't all a complete loss. Her ears perked up again and she put that smile on her face.

“There’s so much I want to ask and so much I want to talk about but right now is a bad idea. As excited as I am… It’s as if I had a batch of catnip not too long ago…” she lifted her hand to the back of her head and nervously rubbed it “Sorry.. Getting overwhelmed with excitement. I guess it’s starting to settle in after going in hot on extracting you three. Having that adrenaline rush, that soldier in me that Jack trained me to be…” now that she thought about it, how did Ephra get in contact with Jack? Did they know each other personally?

Ephraim sighed and closed his eyes as she spoke. She was right. He didn’t have to explain shit. Nyx never needed an explanation, she just needed a cause and a proper partner, whether it was for something silly like a dance or something hardcore like a fight against a legion of Grimm, to bring out the best in her.

“I know. I’ve heard for five deaths from our year alone. Seven missing students. I don’t know about other years, but by Ironwood’s estimations, at least twenty students overall are unaccounted for, and over thirty are dead.”

Maybe she was right. There was too much to say and too little time to do it. Plus, if they managed to get nonverbal he’d prefer not to have an audience, unlike when they pressed lips at the Ball, back when the world was still pleasant. Ephraim got no end of badgering the next

Still, that wasn’t going to stop this busted up veteran from getting some form of proper hello from someone dear to him. He got up with a groan, again more suitable for someone thirty years older and less fit than he, and limped up to her, wrapping both of his arms around her shoulders.

“It’s really nice to see you again Nyx. For a year, it was just me and Azure. I almost forgot what other friendly faces looked like.”

He buried his face in her hair for a long moment, his fleshy hand reaching up to scratch her ears in the way he knew she liked.

Ephraim pulled himself from her, his hands resting on her delicate, but noticeably stronger shoulders. She had gotten pretty impressive. Last year she’d probably be shaking on the floor surrounded by all these men. Or at least, shoving herself as close as she possibly could to him for protection. And now these men were deferring to her word.

He stared into her golden eyes, smiling as he asked, “Promise you’ll find me later? I want to talk to you too. I guess, for now, I suppose I’ll go check up on Ding Dong and Azure.”

Ephraim let her shoulders go as he waved a medic over and asked for some crutches.

“Nyx. Beautiful. I need you to swing by later. I need something from you. Probably after Jack interrogates… debriefs… both… for the next six hours. There’s… been a change. I don’t know how to talk to anybody about it, but out of everyone here and where we’re going… You’re probably the best one to talk to about it.”

Nyx was surprised at the information he knew about other students, she was even more surprised when he actually forced himself up from his seat and move towards her “Ephraim, don't…” she knew he was hurting, so why would he be so intent on moving towards her? That question was soon answered as she felt his arms wrap around her shoulders, actually holding her for the first time in a very long time. At first she didn't know how to react but she soon lifted her arms and wrapped them around his torso, being careful of any wounds that he had bandaged. Her dark ears lowered as his face buried into her head “Ephraim…” what more could she say? Even when she was about to speak some more, she felt his hand scratching her ears the way he used to, making her purr instead of using her words, her eyes even closed.

Though they opened right back up as soon as he pulled from her and placed his hands onto her shoulders. She offered him a smile as he smiled at her “Sure, I’ll find you. It’s not that hard.” as he waved to the medic, she folded her hands behind her back and blushed lightly when he called her beautiful, causing her to turn her face a little bit “Uh...Yeah sure. I can do that. Though most likely tomorrow is better since talking tonight would be less effective. Your body needs a rest and I’m sure your mind needs it too. she informed him “But I can try to swing by and see if you’re still awake to talk. I wont have much to do tonight other than make sure everyone is in rooms and resting.” it was good to see Ephraim again, even hear him after a year, or even more than that. Her eyes shifted back to Cinny “I’ll talk to you later on, Cin. I’ll let you guys chatter.” with a smile and a brief nod, she headed out of the room.

"Don't worry, I don't sleep anymore." He offered in parting. Ephraim hated to see her go, but he did enjoy watching her leave. But they both had other things to do now.

That still didn't stop the ache in his chest that showed up as she left, that wasn't the Epipen. She seemed colder, just a bit. As the guy who warmed her up in the first place, it was a bit of a bittersweet reunion. But it was most likely because she was distracted, and it's not like Ephraim was expecting her to tear her clothes off, but...

He shook that thought out of his mind. That was neither here nor there. Nyx and he had a lot of catching up to do before they were even close to being the way they were back at Beacon. And even then, There was no way they were the same.

Ephraim walked over next to Azure and sat down as the Medics told them the Airship was about to begin the landing procedure.

"Thirty dead?" Aryl questioned no one in particular. "Man..." He said solemnly. He then rose from the wall he was at and glanced at Nyx and Eph. "At least some of us survived." He said to them, turning away and going to walk to somewhere quieter. A medic then got up to stop him, standing in his way.

"Sir, I ask that you stay here. You still need to be treated and we are about to land. Wandering about unknowingly could cause your own injury." The medic said, stepping closer. Aryl stared down the man, but quickly conceded.

"Alright." He said with a slight nod, returning to his spot against the wall. His adrenaline had faded awhile ago and he just realized how much his arm hurt. The medic crouched next to him, looking at the wet spot on his clothes the signifies the wound. "I will need to take a look at it-"

"I already did, Doc." Aryl interjected. He hated being babied, especially by doctors. "The round went through, hit nothing bad, just bandage me up and I'll be good." The medic nodded. "I'll need you to take your shirt off so I can properly bandage the wound." He informed Aryl, to which the Faunus begrudgingly complied.

The medic began to bandage his arm, as well as across his chest so the bandage would not fall eaisly, if at all. "So many questions, not enough answers, right?" He asked, looking over at Eph and Azure. "Glad to see you guys again." He said after a moment.

Britt-21 Britt-21 Elysium Elysium

Faith and Nyx Britt-21 Britt-21
(I'll refer to the Guards as A,B.C so there isn't any misunderstanding)
A few trees dotted the landscape around Jack's base. A pair of fuzzy brown ears were ever so slightly poking out from the side of them. Standing behind it was Faith. She was about 4'7 and really slender..The young kitten started counting on her fingers as she thought about what she needed to do. "So I need to get some kinda key card or something to get inside. Should be easy enough." she thought.

She poked her head out and gave a grin. "It must be my lucky day!" she said as she watched three guards walk towards her. They hadn't seen her, it appeared they were merely doing the rounds. "Meowwwwww." called trying to get them closer. "Meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww." she watched them counting thier steps. Once each of them had gotten within twenty feet of her the kitten dissapperared.

She reappeared behind guard A "Hi ya!" she grinned and gave him a playful hug her hands running around his waist. She frowned as she found nothing. "Shoot you aren't any fun." she heard the sound of a gun being drawn. She figured the other two had noticed the two daggers she had tied around her waist, resting on the small of her back. Faith may have been only 11, but she wasn't a dummy. "You aren't going to shoot me if one of you is in the way."

A attempted to hit her with the back of his gun. Faith teleported away from him and between B and C. They aimed thier guns but stopped, being smart enough to understand if they opened fire she would move, leaving the other in the way of the bullets. This didn't apply to A who put his gun on her. Faith teleported a third time, landing behind C using him as a shield from both A and B. She wrapped her arms around him looking but found nothing. "You guys don't have key cards or anything?" she asked matted of factly. She locked eyes with B as he picked up his gun, waiting for her to make her move.

Faith maybe went to the well one to many times as she teleported behind B. He was assuming she would and turned around catching her in the skull with the bunt of his gun. Faith crumpled to the ground, appearing to be out for the count. A and C ran up to join B standing over the fallen kitten. B reached his hand down to grab her when she again disappeared. She only moved about a foot this time. She came back right behind B and gave him a hard kick to the back of the knee.
It wasn't hard enough to break anything, but being a weak point he stumbled. Faith jumped on him from behind wrapping her self around him pressing her daggers to his throat. She felt the guns now on her, but they didn't fire. She hissed at them her eyes narrowing, the playful charm gone.

Once Nyx had left Jack to be patched up she went off to do what he usually would. She was given this opportunity -even though she did make a scene about it- to hold the fort for him and give her partner some time to recover. That what just as she was doing, standing in his office and looking through reports that were sent in. "I can see why Jack forces himself to do so much work like this... It's a lot, I will admit." the faunus thought aloud before her comm began to go off, making her head lift from the report she was looking at and listen in. Apparently there was a threat on the border of the base right ouside the walls. Placing the report down, she lifted her hand to the comm and spoke "I'm on my way." pulling her hand off the comm, she headed out "I need my weapon pronto! We got a threat outside the base walls!" she shouted down the hall. Soldiers already getting a move on.

This was where she took her job more than serious now, there was a threat and she had to take care of it before anything else could get worse. Stepping out of the front entrance, Nyx was greeted by about 10 soldiers ready to back her up as well as one of them holding the case that held her weapon. "Capture the threat if possible. Shoot to kill if the target kills our own. I wont have any more than one casualty on my watch." opening the case to her weapon, she reached in and pulled it out before rushing off with her backup behind her towards the wall.
Just as she arrived she seen what was a little girl on one of the guards with knives at his neck and guns being pointed at her. Golden eyes narrowed at the scene before her "Let him go!" she shouted, noticing the cat ears on top of her head. Was she part of the White Fang? No, she didn't even have the uniform. But it was possible that the young girl was trying to follow in their footsteps. Soldiers surrounded the guard currently being threatened by the cat "There's no reason for violence here. Let the man go and we can talk about this."

Faith's eyes darted around, there was now about 14 people if she counted the other cat. "His life is the only thing keeping me alive." she called back. "I'm not dumb." she hissed back at Nyx. "All I want is food and water, you give me that, and you'll never see me again." as a act of good faith she pulled one of the daggers away but kept the other one pressed tightly to the man's throat.

This little cat was not gonna let the soldier go, was she? "The only thing keeping you alive right now is my orders. Let him go and we'll lower our weapons." Nyx gripped the grip of her weapon tightly, keeping herself composed to the best of her ability. "Think about it this way, you caused this by threatening our own and causing a skirmish out here." The cat kept her ground, her body language showing dominance over the younger kitten. "If food and water is what you really need, then releasing that soldier is your key to getting it."

That dominant stance ticked Faith off for some reason. "Oh, so you order them to kill me knowing full well I'll take this man down with me, You won't I can tell by the looks on these guys faces." her eyes locked on to Nyx's. Faith wanted her to know very well that she was not the alpha here. "Yeah I wanted to steal food and water, you got me, but these men started shooting first. I didn't even have my daggers out when I first made a move!" she hissed not wanting to back down. "How about you look at it this way. Why should I trust you? The only thing I know for sure is you value his life, why would I risk mine on your word. I put one dagger away, if you want to help me, then give me a reason to trust you."

Nyx refused to back down, still holding her position "I'm the Commander in charge right now. Don't worry about trigger fingers." they wouldn't attack unless she said so or if the little girl took the soldier's life. "You should trust me because I have yet to attack personally myself. I not only value his life but I value all life. Fanus, human, animal, plant. Anything that is living I value more than anyone knows." children were cute to a certain extent, this one...wasn't so cute when she was being deadly. "I'm going to say this again, release the soldier. Then i'll get you what you need. If you don't release him, I have no choice but to attack."

"For a commander you sure are dumb." Faith's ears lowered. "You still haven't got the point. Your word means nothing out here in the wild. Actions mean everything and you have yet to do anything but walk out here. You don't have any more control of this then you did seconds ago." Faith however pulled the second dagger away. She noticed that one of the guards was in her range and had his back to the treeline. She could get behind him then one or two more jumps would land her in the tree line. She took one step back away from the man but kept her daggers in her hands by her sides.

One of the soldiers went up to the man who was once being held and pulled him away from the girl "This isn't the wild, Kit. As you can see, you're outside a wall which people live within. As for I, I use my words before resulting to violence. The last thing I want to do is fight." she reached her empty hand out and made a gesture to the men to lower their weapons "See, releasing the soldier wasn't so hard. Now you get rewarded for it." bringing her hand to her comm, she spoke "I need someone to bring me out some food and water towards the front wall." then she mumbled and turned away "Bring some of the nip too from my sleeping quarters. I'm gonna need it." dropping her hand, she faced the kitten "Tell me your name, I'm Ms Belladonna."

"Oh goody will you bring me a treat too?" she asked in mocking tone. "I may only be 11, but please don't talk to me as a child Bella." she didn't feel like using her entire last name and sure as hell wasn't calling her Miss. "My name is Faith." she said easing up a bit as the guns were put away from her. "Oh by the way this is the wild, just cause you live in a base and get to be happy and pretend it isn't doesn't make it so."

The amount of buttons that Faith was pushing was slowly getting to Nyx, but she did what she could to brush them up "11 is still considered a child, Faith. It's how it works in the world." she put her blade on her back while keeping her golden eyes locked on target as a sigh escaped her lips "Look, I don't know what happened before you came here, but I can assure you that you are safe here if you treat everyone else just as you want to be treated." maybe taking on a Jack-persona wasn't such a good thing for her to try... Nyx stepped closer to Faith and relaxed some "If you've lost people, just know that some of us lost people too, especially after what happened just a little over a year ago."

Faith lowered her stance some, not at Nyx walking, but at the metion of loss. "I really don't want to talk about that." she was tough and smart as a whip, but she was still a child and her sudden anger was a obvious sign she had been through some loss in her life. "I don't want to stay here, but if we can work out some level of a trading system that would be okay. I can bring you animal skins and meat from hunting. I can even hunt grim around this area. In exchange I'd like a place to stay when I want it and food and water."

It was clear that Faith has lost people. Nyx wasn't sure how long ago but it was quite obvious by her reply, her facial expression and her reactions. "That's something that I could possibly agree to. But I want to know if I'm able to trust you to be inside my base without putting a knife in one of my men." she nodded to the daggers in Faith's hands "Also, it's okay if you don;t want to talk about it. Just know you're not alone on that train."

"If you are feeding me and keeping me safe I won't hurt anyone." Faith said. "Like I said, actions are what you judge people by and I let your man go. If you give me what I ask for then you don't have to worry about it. If you betray me I'll kill every last one of you." she raised her lip showing her small yet sharp teeth. "So please don't push me."

Great. A threat. This kitten really didnt understand what organization Jack had set up here. "There's no reason for us to betray you unless you give us one. Now," she held her hand out to Faith "Let's go inside where food and water awaits." in the end, Faith was still a child and still needed to be cared for and raised properly. Hopefully Nyx would be able to keep her here and take care of her for a bit "We do have rules, and that means no weapons on your person while inside. My weapon is also taken so you wont be the only one weaponless."

Faith raised and eyebrow."If you give up your weapon first then fine." she had been the one to let up first, now in her mind it was Nyx's turn to return the good faith the smaller kitten had shown. She did however decide to put some trust into this woman. Faith walked over to Nyx, she didn't take her hand but she stood within arms reach. "Okay, I'll think about trusting you for now." her stomach growled, which reminded her that she was very hungry. Faith felt her mouth hang open at her body's tragic betrayal. She started waving her arms frantically in the air. "I'M NOT HUNGRY OR ANYTHING. I DON'T NEED YOU. I JUST WANT SOME FISH YEAH THATS IT HA HA HA HA." she put her hands to her hips.

Dropping her extended hand, Nyx gave Faith a warm smile "I'll give mine up first of course." it was a way to show Faith everything was safe and sound here. "Trusting me for now? Well... I guess I could see your point." soon after that, a stomach began to growl, mainly coming from Faith herself and before Nyx could say something, she suddenly busted out yelling about not being hungry and all she wanted was some fish. At first, Golden eyes blinked in surprise before relaxing "Okay, okay.. Let's go inside and you can get that fish." placing her hand on Faith's back, she gently lead her right towards the gate "Alright men, let's head back inside." that's when everyone began to move, shifting back into the base but she went through a scanner with Faith after dropping off their weapons "This is just to make sure you're good to go. Don't worry much about it."
After that was finished, Nyx got Faith cleaned up and brought her to her sleeping quarters where two plates sat atop a cart with fish, rice, and two glasses. A pitcher of water sat there as well for the two felines with silverware "Go ahead and start chowing down. You can eat at my desk if you want and use that as a table." maybe after eating she'll feel better and be a lot more relaxed. I actually feel bad for her... she didn't seem frightened while fighting those guards out there but she was definitely on her toes. She moved towards the cart and grabbed her plate and silverware before sitting down on the end of her bed and eating.

The young kitten seemed more subdued now. She was still in shock that her body had made a fool of her. She had to admit, it felt good that she was all warm and clean. Her mouth started to water when she saw the fish. She gave a nod of her head and tore through the fish. She chugged half the pitcher of water hersef. It had been so long since she had good food and fresh water. "Thank you very much Bella." she said giving a bow of her head. She stood up, but she started to sway slightly. She hadn't even noticed the Nip that was placed in her fish. "Mewwwww." her sharp eyes started to glaze over as she swayed back and forth. She had never had cat nip and it was making her very happy and sleepy. SHe fell face first on the bed and snuggled her face in the sheets purring deeply. She turned her head so it was facing Nyx. "I sowwy.... I.... I was scared.... and nervous...I...I didn't want to hurt anyone. I just wanted to take food...."

It seemed her plan went as smooth as she could ask for. The catnip that she specially requested to be put inside one of the fishes worked wonders as Faith wobbled towards the bed after eating and falling face first into the mattress. "You're welcome, Faith. I was glad that I was able to help." standing up from the end of her bed, she cleaned up all the dishes and put them all on the cart again. Her back was facing Faith but her ears turned to hear her "It's okay. Being scared and nervous is what makes us humans." glancing over her shoulder, she gave the girl another one of her smiles "I'll take care of you. Don't worry about it. Get some sleep, I have work to do and take care of. Use that kitten nose of yours to find me, okay?" with that, she took the cart out and went off and back to work.

"Take care of me/?" Faith mumbled. She had been taking care of herself for so long that idea had just gone away. "This woman, cleaned me up, feed me and gave me this big bed...."
Faith's eyelids closed a few times really slowly, before they just fell shut. Faith had just fallen into a deep sleep. Her tail flopped to the left side, her fingers slightly curled, her left cheek being smashed up against the mattress. The kitten was finally getting the first good rest she had in a year.

Joy Citron
Screenshot_20170717-165000.jpg

Joy had enjoyed a shower after this mornings work out session with Jack. She stepped out of the shower in the shared bathroom of the sleeping quarters with a towel around her that was barely enough to keep anything from "spilling out". Joy was actually very comfortable in her own skin, and wouldnt mind skipping the towel but after this morning, she respected Jack and knew he would probably disagree with that decision and do him a kindness this one time....even if he didnt know it. She walked back to her room, her long white hair dripping behind her, draped down to the small of her back. Feeling fresh and well exercised, Joy strutted with a beaming smile. These were the mornings she needed. Slow and at her own pace, start off with a run, add in a training sesh with a well matched partner, and cool down with a nice shower. Not to be wakened by anything or anyone else, like the time Silver woke her up on their first day as a team. Joy giggked to herself at the memory. Joy is a completely different person when shes woken up by an outside source, and then needs time to adjust. Almost like her sadism gains a personality of its own. It wasnt a good start to a day with her team but that times passed now.

In her room, Joy put on the outfit shes seemed to love lately, that slitted, slim fitted dress, heels that compliment her legs, and her hair together in an unruly-yet-sexy braid aligned with her spine. Though she did make mental note about an outfit change soon. The snake opened the door when she was ready, slithering out of her den, heels clicking on the floor with every swaggering step.

She pushed through the double doors of the mess hall, making her way back to the line for food, searching for who she was going to pick to get them to let her go before them. Buzz, buzz. Joy blinked at the vibration in her bosom. Using just two fingers, she retrieved her scroll from every womans secret pocket - her bra. Jacks name was on the screen, under the heading 'New Messages'. A bigger smile graced her lips, 'Maybe he wants more~' she thought, thinking about the kiss she got to steal from him earlier. But it was far from that and something that interested her a little more than food or mere kisses. It was time for high adrenaline and course of action.

Joy put her scroll back into its place and turned on her heels to exit. As soin as she went through the doors (again) HQ was in a state of urgency and chaos...the way Joy liked it. One of the sentinels approached her and informed her about the whereabouts of her weapons, "By all means lead me there," she couldnt wait to get her hands back into her gauntlets and beat the shit out of...what ever. Both entered the armory to retrieve her case and regrouped with Nyx at the hangar. Joy looked at the sentinel now that they were about to dock and take off, "Now may i have them?" The little pawn clad in black armor handed her the case, and even though he wore a helmet you could tell he was quite reluctant about it. Jack mustve told his personnel about Joys unpredictability and tendecies to cause destruction....he was right in doing that. Trusting her wouldve been a mistake. Joy grabbed hold of the case as he passed it and yanked it iut from his grip before we left and returned to his duties. "Wheres the boss?!" she heard Nyx yell beside one of the ships.

"Shes here!" Joy approached her and the few sentinels accompanying her, "Oh you meant Jack," she joked.

The snake opened the case and in it sat two brassy looking metal cuffs. She slipped them on and pushed them up her wrist till they couldnt go further, snuggly on her skin. "Its good to have you back~" she hissed to herself silently, slitted pupils contracting.

Silver, Nyx, and Joy were ready to go and began to board the ships. Once inside, the engines were switched on and were given less time than normal to warm up before taking off. Three ships were going at a pretty alarming rate. Joy tsked, 'Idiots, going this fast really wears the ship engine down,' she thought. But haste was necessary. Joy remembered the message Jack had sent her and the others, seems this was a retrieve and rescue. Rosey red eyes scanned the hull of the ship, there were medical personnel, soldiers, and the two other girls but where was Jack? The sound of ricocheting metal echoed in the ship, they were under fire. Joy rushed to a window and could see the small bodies of white fang from the sky. Her eyes narrowed as her devilish smile broke through, you could basically see the horns on her head. She moved toward the back of the ship where the door was opened for a soldier and his turret. Joy activated her cuffs and the metal broke apart to envelop her hand into a high-tec metallic gauntlet. She faced her palm outward, toward the enmies below, "Lets warm you up then," she spoke to the blasters on her gauntlets. A loud high pitch sound came out of them as their energy charged up to release the blast.....but it quickly powered down. "What?" She looked down at her gauntlet. Turning it over to the back of her hand, she pressed a button and a panel opened up. There were dust crystals missing, and some of the wires had been tampered with. Joy's smile disappeared for the first time in a long time. Her tech was something not to be trifled with. She closed the panel, disassembled her gauntlet and walked back to her original position with her fists tightened. "Im going to kill who ever went through my stuff...."

Jack chimed in over their comms explaining that there was an attack at the base too. He put Nyx in charge, and considering her bad mood at the moment, earned an eye roll. But her mood dissipated once the ships landed, and with out another second the three girls breached the safe house. Joy found Ephriam and Azure in the kitchen on the ground, two senntinels following her and watching her back. "I got this," she sighed, pulling Azure off Eph and scooping him up then throwing him over her shoulder with ease. Then it was Azure's turn. But boy was she a slippery catch. Joy wasnt messing around, "Quit moving, I gotcha," she wrapped an arm around Azure's waist and carried the tiny faunus at her side like a sack of potatoes, then walked back to the door.

The extraction was a success. It got a little hairy on the way there but everyone was accounted for, no casualties, though no one was sure that could be said on Jack's side. Joy put Eph down, then Azure, and watched the medic team swarm over them like flies on a carcass. She grimaced at the thought of the image and shook it off when Azure's flailing and difficulty distracted her. One of the medics asked for someone to hold her down, Joy took one or two steps, about to take the job but it was taken care of already. The snake shrugged and took a seat. All that was left to do now was wait until they arrived at-- wait a second. The huntress' head turned to look at the new face in the ship. Well well well, looks like a brand new, shiny toy. One of the docs was talking to him and managed to get him to remove his shirt. Joy raised a hand to her chin in interest, raising an eyebrow, and tilting her head slightly to eye him up and down. Beside him was Ephriam who seemed to come to his senses finally, and unlike Azure, allowed the assistants to do their job with out hassle. He had moved to talk to Nyx for a bit, exchanging a long and missed hug. They always had some connection, Joy saw that, and knew that wasnt really a place for her to interfere. But she could at least say hi right? Joy uncrossed her legs and stood up to walk back over to Eph, who now sat between the sleeping Azure and Aryl on the wall. When she approached she slip a hand from his shoulder blade to the top of his shoulder, then walked around to meet him face-to-face and stop infront of him. "Good to see you alive and kicking," she smirked, looking down at him past her nose, her eyes observing his face through long lashes. He looked the same, just slightly older. Men often went through strange sudden changes like that, but it could also be a number of things. The stress he under went, the drinking, no rest. It wasnt a huge difference, but noticeable to a woman whos seen many male faces. But the blonde hair, that was definintely new. One hand rested loosely at her side, while she shifted and stuck a leg out the slit of her dress, leaning to one side of her hip and propping a hand on the curve of it, "Thought we lost ya. Didnt want to believe the world might have gotten the best of the infamous Nikos boy," she inhaled, her chest inflating with a breath before she spoke again, "Its nice to know some of us can grab it by the balls and keep it from doing otherwise," she laughed. She jerked her head back to the gurney she originally laid him on, "When we get to HQ youre gonna have no choice but to get rest," she looked at Nyx then back at Eph, "Princess Kitten over there will make sure of that so be prepared. And if you cant sleep, just ask, I'll be more than happy to put you out~" she finished with a wink. Unfortunately, flirting and suggestive comments were Joy's only form of communication even when she wasnt trying to. Aryl suddenly came into Joy's peripheral vision, making her look his way and face her back to Eph, "Oh," she batted her eyes, "Im not sure we've met," she put a finger to her soft, pink lower lip and looked to the side in thought, "You do seem vaguely familiar, maybe you were in a class or two with me at Beacon." The snake offered her hand, "Im Joy," she gave an innocent smile, "If you need anything," the tip of her tongue lightly traced her lips and the points of her serpent fangs while she eyed him, "Dont hesitate to let me know~"

Elysium Elysium LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Aryl rose from the wall of the ship, his shirt over his shoulder as he wandered out. He stopped outside of the ramp, taking in the sights of his new home, he guessed. Aryl looked over at Eph, Nyx, and another vaguely familiar face talking with one another. He sighed, the questions he asked before coming back in his mind.

Aryl looked back in front of him for a moment before he heard the clicking of heels strolling toward him, and he glanced back. It was the woman from before, and man, she was hard to look away from. "I don't believe either, but you seem familiar." He admitted. He looked at her in the eyes despite his temptations to look... elsewhere. "I'm Aryl Mikado, pleasure to meet you." He said.

"And thank you for your kindness, your gesture will not be forgotten." He said, turning to walk away. Joy was being a tease already, so maybe he ought to tease back. "Actually..." He said, turning around. "It would be nice if you showed me around." He suggested.

Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat

The news had been radioed in that the ship carrying Jack was coming in and it was made certain that something was wrong but there was never any chatter on what specifically. It was as if someone was purposely omitting information and they couldn't figure out why. As a result, it caused confusion in the base and even more so on the ship. "Don't tell them any details. The last thing I need is Doctor Janus rushing the Hangar bay and causing me some ACTUAL harm. This will heal, stop worrying so much." Jack said with a voice barely above a whisper. He armored left side was being supported by one of the bigger soldiers in the ship, as he wouldn't let Jack to continue wobbling while he leaned on his sword. It was against orders but it was seeming like the men were caring less and less about orders and more about keeping Jack standing up straight. The right side of Jack's face was the least damaged in comparison to the rest of the side but the bruises, burns, and shrapnel sticking out in places did little to discourage some assistance from his men. His right eye was closed shut due to the blood running down and even more so the rest of his body (the right side obviously).

The ship had touched down and Jack was immediately spouting out orders to get a covert unit of medics to patch him up without making too much of a scene, "And above everything, don't let Doctor Janus know. She will fly into a rage. Or Ms. Belladonna for that matter. She will probably be far...."
Speak of the devil and she shall appear....

"Hell's bells...." Jack cursed under his breath.

Nyx got to the hangar just in time, her bell giving off the last jingle as she skitted to a halt. It was clear that she was out of breath and that she was worried to see him in the condition he was in. Honestly, he looked like he went through absolute hell. Part of his armor seemed to have been blown off, the upper right half of his body looked absolutely terrible with burns, blood running along that burned skin, even bruises that covered just about every exposed bit of skin. He was definitely in a ton of pain when he mentioned the white fang having a rocket launcher and played it off like a champ back at the ship. Dammit, why didn't he retreat knowing that he was in this condition!? Was it because he wanted to stick to the end? ...Sounded just about right with him. "Jack you idiot!" she shouted, tears filling her eyes as she walked towards him "Look at you, you look like you were in a damn grinder!" she was mad at him for staying behind, but she was happy to see him as well as sad for seeing how he appeared. "You are one stubborn dog..."

Before she even got to the hangar, she got the word of a ship coming in with the commander on board. As soon as she heard this, her feet ran faster than she thought they ever could, having her zoom down halls with a jingling bell, she even slid across the floors whenever she made a turn. If anything, others would think she was training for a race in the Olympics. It would explain why she was out of breath by the time she reached the hangar. That's what lead her to this moment in time. As she stopped in front of him, she lifted her hand, and was so hesitant to even try to wipe some blood from his face. The faunus dropped her hand and moved aside, knowing he had to get medical attention "Get him those medics."

"Nyx, I'm fine. It was take the hit or lose 6 of my men. I wasn't about to let that happen." An armored hand reached up to his exposed, bloody chest and gripped a piece of black armor that was jutting out. With a grunt of effort and moxie, Jack tore out the shard and let it clatter on the metal ground. The commander looked to the soldier that was supporting him and did his best to shrug the big man off, "Ms. Belladonna is here now. I'll be fine." Jack was unable to conceal the wince nor the harsh groan of pain when he took his weight off the soldier and it took everything he had but the sentinel managed to stand on his own and begin walking, albeit very slowly. "How are the others?" He asked with his hard jaw set in determination to keep moving forward.

Nyx sighed softly with his response. Of course he'd take the hit and make sure no one else got hurt but him. "You call 'looking like you've been through a grinder' fine? I wonder what not fine looks like." watching as he lifted his hand to pull a shard of metal from his chest, she looked away as the clatter of said-piece hit the ground. Slowly she looked back and watched as he pulled himself from the man supporting him and forced himself to walk on his own, groans, winces, and any other sounds of pain coming from his mouth "The others are fine, unlike you." she rushed to the side that the soldier no longer occupied and pulled Jack's arm around her shoulders "Lean on me. Right now." she demanded. No way was she going to take 'no' as an answer from him. "If you protest, I will force you onto my back and carry you. I don't care if I'm crawling on the ground." her determination was obviously rubbed off from Jack. The stuff he did, he said, it mostly rubbed on her as she watched in silence while picking up what was being done.

"I'm getting you medical help whether you like it or not, Jack. Your wounds need to be cleaned, pieces of debris need to be pulled from your body, we even need to take care of your skin that's burned and literally hanging off. As gruesome as that looks... It has to be done." Once she got a medic, she could be the nurse and help repair Jack. "If I see you on your feet after we bandage you up, I swear... Know what. I'm not going to tell you. Think of it as a Nyx Surprise. Got it?"

A small chuckle left the commander's mouth as Nyx spoke, "Seems like I'll be finding out shortly, because I don't plan on sitting down in the first place. After I get this fixed and shrapnel out of my body, It's back to work. However...." An armored gauntlet moved up and lightly brushed between Nyx's ears a few times before returning to its original position, "Thank you Nyx. Your concern is greatly appreciated. But you know how this base runs. I need to be at the helm, even if it runs me ragged."

Before Nyx could go on and reply, his hand between her ears had caused her to close her eyes and begin to softly purr while her ears slowly lowered as she enjoyed the touch. She was getting all of the petting today, wasn't she? But as soon as his hand was no longer there, her ears perked up and she glared at him "You're not going back to work, Jack. As your partner, I will fill if I must. And from what I can tell, I'm going to have to. Just till you recover. If it makes you feel better, just enough till you're able to walk properly and move around. If you keep pushing yourself, you'll never heal." He'd just reopen wounds and repeat the same thing over and over again "I need you to trust me to hold the fort for you. I wouldn't be your partner if you knew that me being in charge was a bad idea at some point."

Jack frowned at the kitten for a moment, the sound of their synchronized footsteps being the only sound the pair produced as they slowly walked to the medical cabin. His eyes almost appeared sad as he looked at his partner, "Its not fair of you to use my trust for you against me like that..." but the commander had to admit, she had a point. She was the only one he trusted to be by his side during a sacred tradition of his bloodline and she had more than proven herself capable in the time they had known each other. If Jack were to give anyone control while he recovered, it would be her.... and that's exactly what he told her. "Well, if anyone can run this place it's you. Alright Nyx. Fine." He conceded for the first time when it came to his well-being.
"I can't promise you I'll stay in bed but I will promise to at least take it easy and let you run things while I heal. At least until I can walk properly once more." The frown quickly flipped upside down as he thought about the situation, "You've certainly become a little more confident with your authority here since last night." He stated with a small smirk.

Nyx felt content that she actually managed to make him cave. It was about time that she shoved him off his horse so he can take a break from it. "Hey, that makes me feel a heck of a lot better then, Jack. As long as you're taking it easy and relaxing, I'm happy." when he pointed out her confidence, she shifted her eyes to the side for a moment to look away from him "Well I get like that when I'm determined enough. I don't like you taking all of the work and not resting when you need it. After being by your side for a year on standby... It gets annoying and makes me want to do something." her golden eyes shifted back over to him and couldn't help the frown that made its way onto her lips. He looks so terrible how is he able to maintain his words... To keep thinking properly and not focus on the pain of his wounds? Jack never seemed to disappoint. If he looked like a tank and acted like a tank, he was a tank.

As they made it to the Medical Cabin, she opened the door and then brought him in "It hurts to look at you, you know that right, Jack?"

"Pardon?" He asked, genuinely surprised by her statement. The medics were expecting Jack and were already ready with sterilization kits, sutures, and prongs with a basin to remove the shrapnel. The man sat down without removing his black gaze from Nyx, as if he was completely used to this procedure....which was true enough.
Nyx helped him sit before she let the medics do their work "When I look at you in this condition, it hurts me. Knowing that my partner looks like he's on the verge of falling apart while I'm standing here in one piece, unscathed. We are partners, Jack. Partners! We should have had each other's backs. Or both be put in medical beds. Not just one of us." then again she was probably being selfish, wanting to be at his side 24/7. "We probably could have stopped that fang member before he shot that stupid rocket launcher..." it would have saved her partner from being resulted in a bad state. Curse her worrying heart.

To this, Jack smiled a tad and looked at his partner for a moment before reaching up with his good hand and offering it to her, "Nyx, you're my partner. You know me better than anyone. What do I value more? Defeating the enemy or saving lives?"

Her golden eyes lifted to look at his hand, and then lifted to his face "Knowing you, Saving lives." she reached her hand out and grasped his "You don't care what happens to you. That's what I've learned from being by your side for so long. Always putting everyone else before yourself." a smile tugged her lips just a little bit before it faded.

"So, if I gave you the task that I value more, what do you think that means?"

Black ears perked up some as she tilted her head slightly "That I would have the same task?" she replied, finding it hard to understand what he was trying to tell her at the moment.
A black eyebrow raised as the uncertain words left her lips, "It means that I trusted you with a more important task. You ran the mission Nyx. I ran support this time around by keeping the enemies off of you." Jack's eyes moved away for a moment as he thought of another way of saying to the feline faunus, "Look at it this way.... Do you think I would have trusted Silver or Joy to save your friends?"

Oh so that was what he meant... She really should have thought more on his question, but she was surprised. Running the mission? Nyx felt like she didn't run it at all and was just following orders just as she always did. The more he explained, the more it processed. Jack was right, he was the support this time. He wasn't leading the mission and being protected. The Faunus was. How could she have not seen that sooner? Was it just because she was by his side so long and following in most of his footsteps that she thought that she would always be support? "No, you wouldnt have. You dont know what goes through their heads and plus... They're new to the team. You wouldn't ever put an important mission in the hands of new people."

"I'm surprised you think me capable of trusting someone as volatile as Joy or as sketchy as Silver at all."

clink

clink

clink

The bloodied shrapnel from the rocket and the metal of his armor fell into the basin. The shards were embedded deep into his massive frame and you could see the medics were struggling to dig them out. There wasn't much of a reaction from Jack other than the occasional twitch of pain in his expression. "Do you think I would trust Joy, Silver, Ephraim, Cinny, or hell... even Doctor Janus who is like a second mother to me. Do you think I would trust any of them with the command of my entire operation? Something me and my ancestors have bled and died for for centuries?"
Shaking her head she replied "No...I'm sure I could see why."

The commander gave the faunus's hand a light squeeze before letting it go and beginning to pull the remainder of his armor off, "Then I think that nobody can deny that you are most certainly my partner."

The bloodied young man gave her a small smile and a nod, "Now go. Catch up with your friends. Talk to them. You've worked hard for a whole year. You, of all people deserve a break. More so than me. I'll be okay." He shrugged his shoulders which caused him to wince for a moment. He had forgotten he had been blown up not too long ago. "I always am. Despite how much you and Janus fight me on it."

Nyx released his hand as he released hers and removed his armor. She stood there in silence while he spoke, a smile slowly spreading on her lips "You still deserve a break more than me. I'll fight you on it." a laugh escaped her lips "Don't let me catch you doing things you shouldn't, Jack. But thank you, for everything." she took her hand and gently placed her hand on his head "I'm just a call away, if you need anything." dropping her hand, she backed towards the door before looking at the medics "Take good care of our Commander."

"I'll probably still beat you in a fight!" He called after her.

"We'll see about that!" she yelled from the hall.​

Drinking Debrief Between Jack and Ephraim (With a Nyx eavesdropping)
shadowz1995 shadowz1995 and Britt-21 Britt-21

The commander didn't exactly know what to do with this newfound down time. He was always busy and this was the first time in a very long time that Jack could relax. His bandages were fresh and red in certain areas due to his movements. He sat at the bar nursing a scotch because....why not?

Ephraim snapped to when he felt a hand on his shoulder, and his every instinct screamed at him to grab that hand and twist it until the wrist snapped. He managed to quell the instinctive beast long enough to find a HOT ASS white haired chick talking to him. Holy crap this random... No, wait. It was Joy. Ephraim's face split into another geniune smile. One year, He and Azure were the only Beacon regulars in the world. And over the last twelve hours, he found multiple, and heard of more still living. The smile stayed as he looked up at her, eyes roaming her face. She got real hot.

"Well hello you gorgeous thing- Oh. It's Joy. Hiiiiii Joyyyyy."
He drew the 'hi joy' part of it out in a fake-bored fashion, but he couldn't keep a complete poker face. A slight grin still plastered his face.

He swung his head back and cocked an eyebrow, "Oh yeah? I've got some stress to work out. But first, I need about two days of nothing but sleep."

Ephraim would have shot her a wink, but she had turned her attention to something more interesting the that moment., Yup, she still had that ever moving personality. No big deal, Ephraim was cool with just chilling until the airship landed.

He was at least starting to feel like himself again, at least until the ship landed and the door opened. Then it was all twisted guts as Ephraim watched Nyx bail out of the ship like a bat out of hell, probably chasing off after her new beau. He gave a derisive snort at his own pettiness and shook the thought out of unkempt blonde head. He needed to sleep, hard and long, but at the moments, he needed a drink.

He grabbed a passing soldier disembarking the ship next to him, drawing rigorous attention from the man. Jack knew how to run a tight ship. Man was a hell of a general.

"You there. What's your name?"

"Corporal Watterson, sir."

"Good to meet you Corporal. Where is food and booze in this big ass base of yours?"

"Follow me sir." The Corporal responded, setting off at a slow march, allowing the weather-beaten Ephraim to follow along at his wounded pace.

Finally, they arrived at a bar setup right next to a massive cantina. And sitting at that bar was Jack himself. With his current confusion about a certain catty aquaintence, Jack was not a person he felt like talking to. He wasn't even sure he wanted to talk to Nyx later, not anymore. But too late, he made the date. And Jack deserved an explanation. And a real thanks for his arm, eye, and rescue, so Ephraim hobbled over to the bar and pulled up a seat a proper distance away from his compatriot, getting a double bourbon neat.

He sipped the rich amber nectar gratefully before he spoke up.

"Commander. It's been a while. Thanks again for your spot-on rescue. And for the new toys." He said, referring to his optically enhanced eye and far superior arm.

Jack had to turn his head further than normal to look at the blonde man due to the right side of his being wrapped up in bandages. The large man nodded his head to the augmented young man across the room and raised his glass of scotch to him wordlessly in a gesture for "You're welcome." Eph appeared to be in something of a mood for whatever reason and Jack was never really one to butt into people's problems without them including him. He had a vague feeling that's why Nyx warmed up to him in the beginning of their partnership.

Ephraim sipped some more of his bourbon as jack wordlessly responded. Typical of Jack, he didn't bandy any unnecessary words around. And unlike Ephraim, he probably had more a social life this last year. He wasn't roughing it with only a shy-ish girl as permanent company. The beefy blonde sighed, and downed the rest of his half full glass, not giving a damn that it was expensive sipping scotch. Ephraim needed to get drunk. God he needed some form of relief. And he didn't see any girls throwing themselves at him. But Ephraim hadn't been in that mood for a long time. That might not have worked.

Ephraim poured himself another full glass and slammed half of it. He didn't say a thing, figuring Jack would ask questions when he wanted to. Ephraim raised his glass to Jack's good health, and pounded the rest of the glass.

"Try not break the glass please." The sentinel said quietly as he took another swig of his own drink. A long, satisfied sigh passed between Jack's lips as the liquid happiness went down his throat. As big a guy as Jack was, he had been drinking for some time now and the drink was beginning to work its magic on his inhibitions, as well numbing the pain of his wounds.

"This entire year has been one clusterfuck after the other..."
he muttered with a grimace as he took another swig of his scotch and asked for a reload. Anybody that even mildly knew Jack, knows that Jack almost never cursed. He always kept himself very composed but in the end he was still a mercenary. A soldier at his very core.

"I'll make my best attempt." Ephraim promised about the glass as he poured himself another full glass. Unlike probably most of his acquaintances, Ephraim could hold his damn liquor. It was probably due to his formerly un-channelable aura toughening every aspect of his physical self. While his studies have always suffered, his physicality was at the peak of his current potential. As his body further matured, maybe his body would stay that way, or equal out to just be tougher than average. No idea.

Ephraim chuckled at Jack's clusterfuck statement. "You got that right. To us tough old veterans," He lifted his glass and took a sip, rolling the deep brown liquid around. He managed to kill enough to at least get started to being somewhat inebriated. "Man. How about we swap war stories. I need to vent to someone."

Without waiting for an answer, he launched into his story, understandbly concealing some things due to his station, he was in full uniform after all, "I threw in with Ironwood, as soon as I was physically fit after getting my arm and eye replaced and cybernetically wired to my brain and nervous system. With Azure. We saved each other at the fall. I owed it to her to stay with her. She wanted to leave, so we did. Basically I can do what I want, but occasionally took on certain missions for him. I'm also training Azure to fight too, but she's totally independent of Atlas. She understands that we can't live the teenage dream anymore."

He took a hearty swig, nearly emptying the glass. He was going savage on this expensive bourbon. He'd have to give the bartender a massive tip, considering he just reached over the bar for this. Oops. He'd have to apologize to Jack if this was something the fellow was concerned with. Despite trust and respect, Ephraim had nothing on the guy. A brief meeting years ago, and a brief meeting at Beacon. And Jack, until now, wasn't enough of a thought in Ephraim's mind to gather information on him. Whatever. Guy was straight-laced. Shouldn't be a huge deal, As long as Ephraim made some form of reparations.

"And we've been training on the job ever since. I've lost count of how many Grimm and soldiers, bandits and the like I've killed. I'm not even old enough to drink yet, technically, and I've killed enough to populate a small city. At least a large town. We've knocked over a few camps, one or two strongholds, and so many patrols. I'm wiped out Jack. I need a break before I continue my current mission, Azure in tow. So how was your year?:

He drank directly from the bottle this time.

Jack listened in relative silence, giving grunts of affirmation here and there when Eph stated something that he had personally gone through or something similar. Especially when the words, "I'm wiped out Jack. I need a break before I continue my mission." Left his mouth. The sentinel glared at the glass at his hand as if it just insulted his late mother, "I'll drink to that." He let out in a gruff voice before tossing the rest of the drink back like water, the ice clinking against the glass. A low growl churned in his chest as the liquid fire slid down his throat.

"I'm 19 years old Ephraim, so we are both in the same boat when it comes to that."

"Reload."

As his glass refilled, Jack began to speak....openly, " The Sentinels had been called in to provide undercover protection during the event that the enemy used as a cover to start the fall. We were there practically in full force. When it all went down, we were spread thin across Beacon. During that battle I met the person I came to trust most in this world, Nyx and also lost my mother. Effectively making the new Commander of the Black Sentinels and the last living member of the Onyx bloodline."

The commander threw his drink back once more.

"Reload."

"Ms. Belladonna decided to stick with me after the fall considering the odds we faced together in it. She said she would work for me and in exchange, I had to help her find her friends. Dead or alive."

Slammed another drink. Another reload was called.

"After that, its just been battle after battle after battle against the Grimm and White Fang. I've had do every stat, report, essay, dealings, income, and whatever else you could think of. Ive had to report every death of every soldier under my command to their families. I have 17 I have to do by tomorrow. Ms. Belladonna and I have only barely been hanging on by a thread running this place and I have literally been working myself to the bone. I'm not allowed to show weakness or missteps. I have to be perfect and stand tall for my entire organization. No matter how my mother's death tortured me or how busted up my body became."

Another glass. Reloaded

It was obvious that Jack was leaving out a lot of detail but it was also clear that he didnt want to talk about it. No matter how drunk, he wasn't much of a talker. "So we both had a good looking faunus companion while we took on the fucking world in our own ways. Go fucking figure..."

Ephraim just listened, his foul mood and childish jealousy melting away into a buzzed grief. Just because Jack had walls and soldiers and really big expensive toys didn't mean the dude didn't have it just as rough as Ephraim. Ephraim had lost his mother and sister shortly after the fall too. He felt for Jack. While he didn't lead an army, he too lost family and friends during and after the fall.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to invite you to my personal pity party. I've just had no one to talk to. No point talking about this to Azure. We're the same perspective on it. Nothing to be gained. I had two minutes to say hi to Nyx before she went bolting off after you, I believe. You got lucky. You got a companion with emotional capability."

He toasted Jack with the bottle, and tipped it back, drawing a deep mouthful before forcing the liquid fire down his throat. He coughed a bit. This was fine liquor, but smooth only went so far when chugging that level of alcohol.. He waved the barkeep over and handed him a pile of bills for thieving this... ten year old bourbon. Cool. Dick move.

"So. Seems like the girls kept us alive. I'm sorry for asking you to keep me a secret from Nyx. Sounds like it couldn't have been easy. I... There's a reason. I promise to tell you if and when it becomes important to you and the Black Sentinels. But this... I don't believe Ironwood knows, even. I plan to keep it that way."

He drank again. "No hard feelings. We've all got our burdens. Azure and I need to head to Menagerie after we recuperate. Two weeks. Tops. We don't have the luxury of more time than that."

"I'm going to need to borrow resources for rebuilding and upgrading that truck, forging myself a new weapon, and repacking for the road. I can pay for all of it, if needed."

Meanwhile outside the bar was Nyx, standing by the wall beside the doorway. It's not that she was following Jack and making sure he was alright, nor was she trying to follow Ephraim. She just happened to be on her way towards another place and happened to pick up on the words that Ephra told Jack. He was thanking him for keeping his whereabouts a secret. Her hands by her sides clenched into fists as Ephra's words echoed within her mind. Why did Ephraim not have the balls to call her and tell her he was alive and didnt wanna be found? Why did Jack not trust her enough to even tell her he was alive!? She was looking for Ephra just as she was everyone else, and Jack didnt even bother to let her know. She was his partner.Was it really that hard to trust that she wouldnt go on her own and get her friend back? Sure, she'd be excited to know that he was alive but if he wanted to be alone, she would have understood. Just knowing that he was okay would have sufficed.

A pair of soldiers came into view and went to salute her. Nyx lifted her hand, stopping them "Dont. Not now. Go on ahead." she said softly and watched as they walked by before continuing to listen What else has Jack kept from me that I dont know about?

Jack looked over to Ephraim with narrowed eyes before giving the big guy a wide open smile, teeth showing and everything, "Listen man. You told me not to tell anyone and I didn't. So, whatever it is you are doing, you dont need to tell me unless it involves the sentinels, me, or Nyx. Im not going to interfere with a government agent."

"Do as you please Ephraim." He said in reference to the resources he needed. "Just dont cause any trouble." He muttered before taking a glug from his glass.

"Oh and word to the wise.... stay the fuck away from Joy Citron. Woman is nothing but trouble. I was running my mornin' drills and she joined me for it but then she fuckin' claimed my damn lips outta nowhere. Like, I know when a girl is tryin' to jump my bones but this broad is something else man. Everytime I tell 'er to fuck off, she gets even more determined. Crazy man. Crazy." It was becoming apparent that Jack was.... drunk.

Ephraim's bubble felt someone's presence, but since Ephraim was buzzed and in a safe environment, he paid it no mind. Probably some soldier taking ten, or sitting too close to the wall during dinner time. Ephraim couldn't give a fuck.

He took another drink, not quite killing it like Jack's current war with his guts. Dude was storming the shores of his liver right now with those rapid reloads. Seemed like he needed this more than Ephraim did.

"That's not something you have to worry about. It's doesn't involve you unless I conscript your services. And I would never purposefully hurt Nyx."

Now he was slurring. And the drinking hadn't even begun to start.

He took a minute to think, "Well, aside from hiding my continued good health for the last year. I should have fucking called her. Even Azure could see that I thought about her a million times, and the chick's blind."

He laughed at his own stupid joke, but then went straight faced again. "Dude, bang Joy for stress relief. Stick your dick in crazy and then nuke her from orbit. I've got Atlas launch codes. She was hot back in school, and she got drop dead gorgeous this year."

Ephraim cracked up again, while emptying the rest of the once sealed bottle into his glass. He continued to giggle for a bit as he spoke some more.

"I have-"

He cleared his throat and quit his stupid giggling. "I have a proposition for you. I might need to contract some of your services."

Jack let out a whole hearted laugh before turning to face the guy with a look incredulity, "Stick my dick in crazy? Listen, I don't deny that Joy is a bombshell. I've said it to her face but do you really think a girl that crazy for someone to do her right is just going to bump uglies one time and be done? If she's crazy now, imagine when I'm done with her. She'll probably come into my room every night after having fun fooling around during the day." A string of chuckles left his throat before Jack shook it off waved away the barkeep when he went to refill him again. The commander was done for now.

"Whatever services you need, you'll have to ask Nyx. She's acting commander until I heal enough to walk around properly. But I can give you a yes or no depending on what it is here." He offered with a gesture of his quarter empty glass.

Ephraim lost his shit when Jack started talking about Joy. It's felt nice to laugh again. It had been a long time since he had a reason to do so. not exactly a humor-filled year with an audience of not Azure.

Jack spoke again, and Ephraim's face twisted into a slight grimace when he mentioned Nyx.

"Yeah alright. I'll ask her later. It's about taking backup to Menagerie to go find a Maiden. Ironwood's been having me track them when he gets a rumor."

He sighed and put his face into his hands, resting the balls of his hands on his eyes.

"We're supposed to meet up later. Talk. No idea how I'm going to explain why I left her in the dark about my year. Plus she seemed a bit... Cold... When she found me on the airship. I want to talk to her, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it."

With a loud, annoyed groan, he continued, "I should've just fucking called her. Even if I wasn't going to arrange a meetup."

"She has been worried about you througout the year." Jack raised an eyebrow at the tone Ephraim's voice had taken. Even through the buzz he could tell something was up, "Did you two have a thing that I was unaware of?"

"Great. Way to make me feel like more of an asshole. As if that was possible. I've been a grade-A Douche since I was born. Nyx still liked having me around for some reason." Ephraim gave himself a self-depreciating chuckle. "Yeah, we... Made out a bit at the Beacon Dance before the Tournament. Dated around casually for about a month until the Fall. Never got past hand holding and kissing, but I was okay with that, despite being the main womanizer on campus."

He snorted, then kept going, "It might've been a schoolyard fling, but it was real to me. She was my first girlfriend. And I..."

He stopped dead for a long moment, and then thieved another bottle from behind the bar, this one clear. Mixing liquor was a shit idea, but there they went. This one went into a glass, because Ephraim wasn't going to murder this bottle. Just maim it a bit.

Ephraim jumped in his seat as the glass in his steel hand shattered, spraying glass chunks everywhere. He took a nick across the jaw, but if he gave a fuck, he didn't show it. He did slide another few bills from his wallet and slid them towards the barkeep.

"I should've just called. But my first seven months were one top secret mission after another. I guess it was just easier if no one knew where I was. But Nyx wouldn't have given away my existence. Even if she was tortured. I trust her that much. So why didn't I... Fuck it. Too late now. Hopefully she can find it within her to forgive me for everything I've done this year, including that. I can't. I knew, that if she wasn't a casualty, she would be wondering why I didn't call."

He stopped dead. Then his smashed his steel fist into the bar. "BUT SHE COULD HAVE FUCKING TRIED CALLING ME HERSELF!"

Ephraim stood up quickly, the barstool hitting the deck noisily. He took a deep breath, and settled to a slow simmer. "Seriously, did she not have five fucking minutes? I'd've told her everything I told you. I still will. But when she finds out, and she most definitely will somehow, It's going to be a major headache. I was her boyfriend, and you're her current best friend, if not more by now. Sorry in advance."

"So much for not breaking the glass hotshot." He muttered before standing up and going over to take a seat next to the fuming man of nearly equal size as Jack. "Well, if it helps, Ms. Belladonna and I aren't like that. She's my partner and I trust her more than I've trusted anyone. I'd give my life for her at the drop of a hat. No hesitation. But she hasn't shown any interest in me that way so you might still have a chance. I can't claim to know a woman's heart but.... Just give it some time."

A small snicker slipped past Jack's lips as he turned to look at the man with the good side of his face, "Though I wont deny her if she takes that kind of interest in me. I'd be a fool to let a woman like that get away. My family even got to know her....in a way...." at that, the merc's black eyes turned somber and he took a swig of his scotch. "Though if I would have known that, I don't think I would have introduced her. Maybe I just confused her or something with that.... ah hell... I dont know."

With a surge of determination, Jack slammed the rest of his drink back, "Fuck it." He said gruffly, "She'll be fine Ephraim. She is Nyx Belladonna and I trained her my fuckin' self. Even among the faunus, she is a damn beast. So if she didn't wanna call you during that year then too bad bitch! Hahaha! You snooze, you lose." He slurred with a hearty chuckle before hiccuping.

Ephraim just listened, sipping from the bottle, and then grabbing a glass, with his soft fleshy hand this time. But the more Jack talked, the more of his negative emotions flowed away. Jack was actually likeable. But it was nice to hear, even if it wasn't what Ephraim wanted to hear, if he could just figure out what. Although Ephraim couldn't help but start to laugh when Jack got to the end of his drunken speech. Jack was a good dude. They could be friends, despite their differences when sober. At least rather close aquaintances if not entirely friendly. From a tactical and situational standpoint.

"I really just want some closure. If I fucked up, fine, live and learn. If she can be okay with it, cool. Like I said, not sure I'm really in a romantic mindset right now, but just overall, I'm peeved about it. About my part in it too."

He poured again, but capped the bottle of gin and set it behind the counter. He took a sip, sort of babying this last one. "I needed this. I've been on the field for an entire year. I will never be old Ephraim ever again. I may not even be close." He lifted his glass to no one in particular. "To the monster I've probably become."
He downed it, then flipped his glass. He tossed the barkeep a few bills to bring him the biggest possible steak and mound of veggies he could for that price, including the price of the glass and more of a tip.

"Ahh. Man, I'm gonna have to self-sober before I talk to Nyx." He ordered a large cup of coffee to go with his food. "I can control my metabolism, but it makes me exhausted. I'm probably gonna be still or buzzed or completely exhausted when Nyx comes around, even if she waits she waits until midnight.. Fuck. Thanks for this Jack. This was both fun and therapuetic."

Nyx continued to listen to the conversation between the two, and what she was hearing did not settle well for her ears. First it was another secret that Jack had tucked away since this morning -Though she could somewhat understand since it was something that was his situation personally- and involved Joy claiming his lips, another was Ephra actually encouraging Jack to go and bang her too! These were things that she did not need to hear tonight! Though hearing that she did claim Jack's lips made some sort of mixed feeling swirl inside but Nyx thought nothing of it. Lifting her hands up to her cat ears, she flattened them and covered them to avoid hearing any more things about sex and sticking things inside other things. Her innocent mind didn't need this corruption right now coming from the two male figures that made some sort of impact in her life.'

After a while, she finally perked up her ears and heard Ephra mentioning how she seemed cold and continued to talk. She felt bad for making him think that she seemed colder than she did back then but she was just merely trying to be stronger as a Commander. Actually, taking Jack's spot for the time being. It didn't take long for him to spill the beans to Jack on what they once were You didn't have to tell him that Ephra... Then again he did ask. she thought to herself. It was nice to hear these things leaving his mouth but it didn't change how she felt about his secret between him and Jack. He was right about her wondering why he didn't call...As soon as he slammed his fist on a surface with a crash of glass being broken, she jumped slightly as she heard his voice raise. She did try calling him! Many times before she finally gave up and found that it was no use trying to call someone who changed the number on their scroll or just never picked up.

All of that turned into her being talked about in a good way, making her blush lightly at her partner's words. He wouldnt deny her... That was good to know she guessed. Slowly she began to poke her head into the bar to look at the two, still having all her feelings up in the air. She was angry, she was sad, she was frustrated.

"Well, if you've become a monster then I was born as one buddy. A toast to the demons of Remnant." He raised his empty glass. Ephraim kept talking but his voice started to fade away. Something was making the back of Jack's neck itch. As if someone was staring daggers into his back. On that instinct, he turned around and a solitary black eye found a pair of golden ones staring right back at him. The commander gave her an wide smile he had never given her before, "If it isnt the woman herself! We were just talking about you... all good things I promise." He slurred with another hiccup.

Ephraim raised his glass but didn't drink. Instead he just set the still half full glass down and sat in silence, mulling over Jack's words Then Nyx showed up, and now he knew who the presence was in his radar. And since she has been there the whole time, she had heard plenty of unpleasant guy talk and other shit.

Great.

As soon as Jack turned and spotted her, she quickly pulled her head away but when he called her out, she couldnt help but sigh. I knew I shouldnt have peeked in...and I did. finally moving from the wall beside the doorway, she walked in and glared at the two men as anger welled up inside her again. Jack was drinking, and from that slurr,-followed with a hiccup- he was drunk. Nyx noticed that it was a slow spiral down. From the beginning, he was fine and ever-so-slowly he began to open up like a clam and act like he knew Eph since childhood. Acting like old buddies. Why was it with her, he didnt do that? She was practically his best friend, being brought to the ceremony that meant a lot to him and his family, always had his back, managed to make him smile from time to time. Everything. She did everything and was there for him the entire time. Eph was here for only a few hours at least and already told him personal things like "Joy kissed me" and how he felt about it.

Jealosy welled up inside her. A feeling that the cat did not like one little bit.

Jack blinked a few times as if the sight of his partner getting more and more pissed off was sobering him up, "Uh...Nyx? You okay? You look about ready to kill."

"That's probably because she listened in on most of our conversation. I felt a presence in my bubble but didn't know it was her aura, since I couldn't feel auras before."

Ephraim picked up his fork and knife, and ate a bit of steak.

"We're screwed buddy."
Ephraim said to Jack, giving him a look before going back to his food.

Nyx glanced between the two "Ephra hit it right on the nose. I'm just loving what I'm witnessing right here. The Commander opening up to someone who is not even remotely close to being a close friend." she retorted.

"Wait.... Did I say some *hic* thing wrong Ephraim? I coulda sworn all we said was good things 'bout her right?" His attention returned to the furious feline and blatantly obvious confusion and concern was there. Not for his own well-being but for hers. She looked halfway crazy with the way she was staring. "I'm always tellin' you the truth Nyx.... why are you so angry?"

"She's most likely mad that I didn't tell her I was alive, and you didn't tell her You knew. She doesn't have to worry though, because I'm probably going to die in two weeks, In a ditch in Menagerie, after I leave at least she'll fucking know."

He got up, not wanting to eat anymore. He started to leave the room, but stopped.

"Come by later if you can still stomach my presence. Bah."

And with that, Ephraim left.

Nyx said nothing and merely gave a shake of her head, turning away and walking out of the bar.

"Well.... there's your chance to go have that talk. From one soldier to the other, good luck."

Silver Craver
with Azure Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat

Keeping your eyes glued on one person can only last so long. Silver was finding this out the hard way, her eyes burned as she forced them to stay open. Azure, the object of her affection was still sleeping off the sedation. Silver for the record didn't appreciate how roughly they had handled her love, but Azure wasn't making it easy for them. At least she wouldn't be a harm to herself. Silver reached a hand over and gently took one of Azure's hands.

Silver frowned at how cold it felt. "It's just a side effect of her semblance, nothing's wrong with her." Silver had been telling herself that every time she touched Azure. Silver shut her eyes and started to think back on how she came to be so madly in love with Azure. As hard as she looked she couldn't find a starting point for her love. It was as if it just had came from nothing.

Not to mention it made a tidal of wave of tiredness sweep over the beaches of her mind. Azure's soft breathing wasn't helping. It was what put her to sleep over the last few months. She felt her head grow heavy and lean to the right. She forced her eyes open and looked at Azure. "Be awake when I wake up foxy." she said softly. Silver's eyes shut and she dozed off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back