• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Questing and Dice?

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
so for the first time since last time I have yet another question. Here it is in a short and simple two sentence question thingy:

What is a quest rp and how does it work?

What is a dice rp and how does it work?

Short and simple.

A quest RP to me means that the GM (person running the game) hands out quests for characters to complete. Like maybe the group of adventurers gets a quest to take out an evil necromancer in his lair, and then if they do that they get rewarded.

A dice RP is just any RP using dice. The most common form of dice role play is the D20 System, which is the same system that the Dungeons & Dragons tabletop game uses. Characters have statistics (strength, constitution, ect.) and you roll dice with + and - to your roll. Other systems aren't nearly as advanced and just use smaller dice like a D6 or D10 and nothing else. Dice RP is really just anything that uses dice, with a huge margin of difference between games.

Here on RpNation, the category called Quests is actually used for a system where the GM writes all of the story, but players vote at certain points to affect what will happen next. It's very like the Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books, if you've read any of those.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver is correct about Dice RPs. Any roleplay that uses dice would fall into the Dice category. (Except I wouldn't call any White Wolf games "not as advanced" just because they only use one type of die. ^;3^ )

Here on RpNation, the category called Quests is actually used for a system where the GM writes all of the story, but players vote at certain points to affect what will happen next. It's very like the Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books, if you've read any of those.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver is correct about Dice RPs. Any roleplay that uses dice would fall into the Dice category. (Except I wouldn't call any White Wolf games "not as advanced" just because they only use one type of die. ^;3^ )
A quest RP to me means that the GM (person running the game) hands out quests for characters to complete. Like maybe the group of adventurers gets a quest to take out an evil necromancer in his lair, and then if they do that they get rewarded.

A dice RP is just any RP using dice. The most common form of dice role play is the D20 System, which is the same system that the Dungeons & Dragons tabletop game uses. Characters have statistics (strength, constitution, ect.) and you roll dice with + and - to your roll. Other systems aren't nearly as advanced and just use smaller dice like a D6 or D10 and nothing else. Dice RP is really just anything that uses dice, with a huge margin of difference between games.
Thanks to both if you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back