• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Quest to be Battle King (Character Thread)

Main
Here
OOC
Here

Reanimator Buns

__croix_dia_doll_kimberly_and_oliver_pixiv_fantasia_and_1_more_drawn_by_yorukage__sample-066fe1464b35f1a111369ee49a879c29.jpg

Credit to yorukage

Fray Island

This man-made island was created by a wealthy adventurer. A man who was said to be able to topple mountains and level cities with a mighty bellowing laugh. He had accrued such a vast fortune claiming artifacts and relics from ages ago. He had dirt and gravel dumped into the ocean and a massive island formed. Atop this island he had a castle constructed. He filled it with his troves of riches, far more than any mortal man could ever hope to spend in a thousand lifetimes, and with it he also built a coliseum, for all to enjoy the glory of combat. While king, none challenged his reign, with his sudden death (He choked on a steak), his will, which he had written at the start of Fray Island, was read aloud to all the citizens of the earth.

"The thrill of battle is worth its weight in gold. The clashing of two fists is an intimate and human experience. You learn much of your opponent, yourself, and of the world as a whole while engaged in sport. The title of King goes to the strongest there is. In 5 years a tournament will be held at the Coliseum. The winner of which will claim the title of Battle King and inherit my wealth and my title as King. Furthermore, the title of King is not until death. Perhaps I didn't advertise this well, but any old fool could have taken my place in life if they challenged me. The victor earns the right to sit on the thrown of Fray Island.

I will have schools constructed. They are to accept any youngster who's combat experience is lack luster to allow them the chance to catch up with others. Classes will be divided by power and skill level. Those at the bottom will be fighting an uphill battle, but it will give them more chances to learn and grow. What can I say I love an underdog. To all people of the earth, I say Fight On! Fight Hard! and most importantly, Fight Valiantly!"

Just as he said, six schools were constructed, allowing anyone between ages 18 and 22 to learn. There were the Black Dragons as the highest skill level, followed by the Brown Bears, the Red Wolves, the Green Vipers, the Blue Sharks, the Yellow Boars, and finally the White Doves.

Oh those White Doves... They have their work cut out for them.

Rules:
-I don't want any OOC Drama. IC is fine and always appreciated
- Remember that I am the leader! My word is law. However I am willing to hear you out on things. But there is a difference between making a case and arguing with me. Do not argue with me
- Same goes for any Co-GM's I may bring along
- If you can't post for a noticeable length of time please let me know
- Have fun! This is a threat
-You can not post unless I have accepted your Sheet​

CS Skeleton

Name:
Appearance: (Image, description, or both)

Personality: (Tell us about how they act!)
History: (Tell us briefly about their life before joining the White Doves)

Powers and Abilities
Spend some time talking about their fighting style, naming any special moves they may know. Feel free to be creative and go kinda crazy. They may be percieved as the underdogs, but they can be way better than they are given credit for. Look at my CS's when they are up if you would like some examples. Try to limit the number of special abilities to about 3 for now.

Extras
Add whatever you want here! Likes, dislikes, Gender Identity, theme songs, voice actor, whatever you feel

Claire D'evine

__original_drawn_by_ponta_velmar__sample-f1bc7702cd96fa921eb6130a5bc863b4.jpg
Credit: Ponta (velmar)

Personality:
Claire is a pretty bubbly and mischievous individual. She never truly takes things seriously and has gotten by so far on her own inherit merits as a conduit for the Divine Beast "Ligetung," the Howling Thunder, one of the 7 Elemental Divine Beasts. However, such energy finds its outlet in her enjoyment for games and sports, rather than an actual drive to experience combat. She chose to join on a whim, thinking it would be a fun experience, but her attitude lead to her getting knocked on her butt and stuck in the White Doves. Her strength and abilities are strong, but she clearly lacks drive and experience. She ususally doesn't struggle to make friends. Keeping them can be a bit of an issue, as if she gets bored she can blow people off. Reliable is not a word to call her.

Ligetung actually has her own personality which sometimes shines through. The Howling Thunder does work well with Claire's naturally high energy reserves, but it much prefers the stimulation of hunting, chasing small animals, or even a stray stick or ball, much to Claire's chagrin. However, Claire has a tendency to possess a short fuse. If someone pissed her off, she will not hesitate to rain lightning down upon them.

History:
Claire grew up in a rural country side, in forested woodlands. That was until a thunderstorm rolled in while she and some other children were playing hide and seek. She was an excellent hider, and wasn't found when everyone came running home. There she found herself in a tree as winds howled and lightning flashed. She suddenly smelled burning ozone and another bright flash. She woke up beside the toppled tree, she felt surprisingly... good. Strong and fast, she quickly ran home to tell her parents about the adventure she was just on. It was a quick trip and when she opened the door, her parents were shocked at the sight of their daughter. Blue fur coated her arms and legs, with tall ears and fangs. Her hands and feet were clawed and a long strong tail dragged behind her.

They took her to the local priest who recanted the legend of the Elemental Beasts, Divine creatures of legend and lore. And in that moment that she was struck by lightning, Ligetung merged with her, making them as one. For the most part though, Claire's life was unchanged. Aside from the fact that she now had an unfair advantage in sports and other games and it wasn't uncommon for someone who insulted her to get shocked. She was otherwise a normal kid, and grew up always mischievous. When the Battle King died and his will was read on TV, she pointed at it and said, "That's where I'm going." Her parents tried to talk her out of it, but they knew their daughter. They had no chance of succeeding.

And so she arrived and took her test! And failed miserably. She was frustrated but wasn't going to let that stop her from having a good time.

Powers and Abilities
Host of the Thunder Wolf

In addition to naturally having heighten senses, Claire can invoke the power of the thunder wolf taking up a transformation where she grows fur on her limbs claws on her hands and feet. In this state she commands great speed and strength and the ability to command lightning, as well as a thunderous howl.

Ball Lightning - Claire summons forth an orb of energy which can be thrown or used to in close range

Thundering Howl - Claire can howl loud enough to deafen people around momentarily. Its destructive enough to break windows and glass currently.

Super:
Lightning Sprint - This move currently expends all of Claire's power and is mostly a last resort as of now. She moves at super high speeds essentially becoming lightning itself. Her attacks are hard to see coming and greatly enhanced by her electricity. But this form can only last for 30 seconds before she collapses

Extras:
WIP

Last edited:
Milennia Phoenis

Age: "19" (Appears that in body, and perhaps in mental state, but is actually much much older.)
Appearance: A rather cute blonde tomboy with an athletic build and average height.

Normal
mordred mil.jpg
Oni
oni2.jpg
(they're similar enough)​

Personality:
Milennia is an intense young woman. She does everything at 100%, no 1000%. She's always willing to jump headfirst into danger, or into any exciting adventure. She doesn't know restraint -probably doesn't even know the meaning of the word. Her passionate zeal extends to all aspects of her life, and she doesn't even know how to slow down, relax, or take it easy. Which is the total opposite of everyone in her tribe! Similarly, she's always willing to interact with others, and always ready to boast. Though she's a good-natured gal at heart, and a bit of an airhead. It's that airheadedness that keeps her from actually being mean, callous, or rude. She tends to lack common sense for those things, so she can be a bit awkward. Not to mention when someone insults her or is acting rude to her or around her, it tends to fly entirely over her head. Similarly, Mil doesn't sweat the small stuff, and tends to ignore it, forget about it, or not even realize it's there. If anything of such is pointed out to her, she'll just simply be like, "Auhhh??" All confused like.

Milennia is a battle nut. She's always willing to jump right into a bout, a duel, a fight, or a tussle. In fact, she's a bit manic and deluded. It is her delusions that fuel her, however, so in a way, they can be a good thing. Milennia's power comes from her absolute belief in herself, and her 100%, no 1000% trust in her abilities.

History:
Milennia is from the tribe Asura, which also happens to be her race. A tribe of spiritual beings who were once battle hungry warriors. But that time has long passed. Now their raging spirits have quieted, and together on the whole, the tribe practices a more mellow way of life. They practice meditation and patience in their village hidden up in some mountains. But Milennia is of a different breed! She was born with the passion of her ancestors! Milennia's spirit burns hot and her eyes see a different view. Deep in her soul she feels a different calling, one that most of her tribe have long forgotten.

And when she came of age, she turned that spirited passion outward, and set her sights on something far in the distance. Milennia is 1000% ready to fight! And 10000% ready to beat all those losers and become the Battle King! Perhaps then, the passion and glory of battle will be reignited in her brethren.

"Milennia's spirit burns with a fervor I haven't seen in, well, a millennia."
"I know, my daughter's spirit is like those of old. Just seeing her spirit has reignited my own."
"Mine as well. And with her spirit comes abilities we've long lost."
"We won't be able to keep her down."
"No we won't."
"That's okay. We've learned patience, and we've gained tolerance, and with that has come understanding. All we can do is nurture the girl until she is ready."
"I welcome it."
"As do I."

"A Battle King stands tall! No matter where they may end up!" - Mil when she was told she was a "Dove" -whatever that was.

The Asura are a race of spiritual beings, able to subsist as spirits for ages. Only when they find some reason to, are they "reborn" into a fleshy body. This fleshy body behaves mostly like regular flesh and ages the same, but it does have natural resistances that the Asura as spirits possess. And their spiritual energy protects the body. It usually takes some catalyst for them being "born" this way. Any two, three, or even four Asura can claim parentage to the birthed Asura. In Milennia's case, what caused her birthing was the sudden desire for combat and to become the Battle King, she was otherwise a lot like her kin before that, and simply existing as a spirit without care or direction.

Powers and Abilities

Asura Physiology
While Milennia's body looks a bit delicate, it's not. Her Spiritual Pressure encases her body in a natural barrier that protects against a lot of damage and trauma. Not all, obviously. But while her spiritual energy is high she won't take much damage. On the other hand, when her spiritual energy dwindles, then she's prone to taking a lot of damage easily. Spiritual energy takes a good nights rest to replenish. But can spontaneously come back mid-combat if Milennia reignites her passion.

Battle Sense: Exactly what it says, Milennia has a sense for battle - almost like an entirely 6th or even 7th sense specifically for battle. Even if she's not the brightest, Milennia will pick up on and execute moves mid-battle that are exactly what she needed to do to turn the tide in her favor, or overcome what comes. Milennia may not know or even understand what she did, but her innate sense for battle makes her body move in ways it needs.

Spiritual Growth: Mid-battle Milennia's Asura spiritual energy can and will grow exponentially. That is to say, Milennia grows and gets stronger through arduous battles fought against tough or even monstrous opponents. She grows within the moment and it isn't unusual for the Asura to get a "second wind" (of spiritual power) once or even twice or even three times in the middle of battle. Milennia's spiritual growth acts a bit differently than other Asura, too. Her's tends to flare up purely by Milennia's own willingness to continue -that is to say, she forces growth. Or in layman's terms, she pushes past her limits in harrowing fights. -To set a new bar for where her minimum strength is.

Blazing Spirit
While her race have unnaturally high spiritual energy Milennia's spiritual power is unnaturally high even amongst her brethren. Under her wild delusions, and manic mental state, Milennia's been able to amplify her spiritual energy and pressure to an 'nth degree, literally igniting the power of her spirit in a blazing heat, allowing her to conjure flames from her body.

"Blazing Spirit!"
The call out that ignites her body with fire made directly from her spirit energy.

"Victory Fist!"
A call out of this attack signifies Milennia's desire to win. She leaps forward and punches forward with intensity. The flames that burst from this attack are big enough to engulf her opponent and put pressure behind her punch so much so that the punch will smash rock and leave a fiery scar.

"Blazing Glory!"
A power-up-look-like attack that simply bursts a lot of flame from her body in a wide radius around her. The danger of this attack depends on the fire's intensity, which can fluctuate depending.

"Blazing Big Bang Grand Slam!"
An attack that sees Milennia leaping forward and slamming a huge ball of fire right down on her target with enough aoe to affect a large area and enough power to cause quite a bit of damage.

Oni
When Milennia is pushed, and her spirit burns the hottest, she reaches the state of Oni. Horns grow out of her head, her hair whitens, her teeth and nails sharpen, her muscles beef up. And her skin takes a reddish hue and her physical prowess increases exponentially. Her strength and body durability shoot way up. Her body becomes so durable that common blades no longer can pierce her thick skin, and her strength becomes so absurd that she can bust through rock with ease and dent metal. The heat she emanates is on a whole other level as well.

Oni Club
In her right hand a long "metal" stick with knobby spikes appears made out of pure fire. Typically this only appears in her Oni state. The club supplements her attacks.

Extras
  • She has a pet wolf with red fur that has pierced ears and is her companion. Akobo is his name.
  • Mil considers herself a Battle King already. So she lives as if 'Battle King' is a mindstate, a way of living, rather than simply a title to be sought. (Though it's that, too.)
  • Mil really appreciates and loves anything cool, badass, and awesome. Powers are no exception, so she tends to fangirl over other people and their powers. Even while fighting them. Though, that isn't to say she doesn't go all out in the same fight.
  • Mil also regularly messes up her attack names, or you could say, she mixes around the words a lot. Often one attack will sound just like another attack because she uses similar vernacular.
  • Mil usually just brute forces all of her fights, as she gets too excited. But in reality, Mil is actually quite trained. Her style of fighting is probably closest to Shaolin Wushu or Shaolin Kung Fu.
  • Mil prefers fighting people at their strongest, or seeing someone's full potential in a combat scenario. Not that she ever thinks that's a threat to her attaining "VICTORY!!"
  • Mil's favorite word is VICTORY! Second favorite, probably, VICTORIOUS! Then WINNER! Then IGNITE!
  • Ties are impossible with Milennia, she simply says its the interim in the fight, runs away, and will return to "continue the fight" -until she eventually wins, even if said scenario must happen over and over -and over, and over -and over and over and over... and over again. And over again. "The Battle King NEVER loses! Only sometimes the fights take longer than usual until VICTORY is established!"

~~~

Goetia Betwixxta

halo2.jpg

Personality:
Goetia can be a bit of a downer, or at least her presence. She's fairly straightforward when speaking, but is anything but when trying to actually converse. Her nature can come off somewhat broody and off-putting, but she's not so bad. She's just a bit misunderstood -something she also does, is misunderstand herself, as well, sometimes. She's simply not too sure about herself, and typically just goes along with whatever her, uh, disciples tell her. Goetia tends to lack her own identity, instead her identity revolves around what others say, or view her as. Therefore, she tends to behave a bit up on her high horse, and from a place of looking down on others. Not that she actually does so, as she lacks the skills to judge others in her vicinity, it simply seems that way.

It's hard to blame others, though, as Goetia rarely does anything to alleviate any misgivings. Not to mention her powers can be a bit unnerving. But as mentioned, she's not so bad. So when getting to know her, just remember that she's not that likely to curse you.

History:
An existence split between light and dark. When she was born to the esoteric tribe known as the Stargazers, they knew, they just knew, that she was special. They claimed Goetia was their prophet born anew. Prophet Astra who spoke of the heavenly stars and the eternal utopia of Starlight in the sky. Prophet Astra spoke the words of their god Xistella. To them, Goetia is Prophet Astra reincarnated. However... doubt about that quickly arose when suddenly it became apparent that darkness fell from her person. News spread fast -making its way over to their sister tribe, and eternal rivals, the Depthdivers. A tribe that believes in an eternal dark city they call the Great Depth. Ruled by the dark goddess Nocstra. They also had a prophet, named Mogan, who spoke her words. Once hearing Goetia began leaking darkness and falling stars, the Depthdivers claimed Goetia was their prophet reborn. And thus, Goetia, became Priestess to two warring tribes. Both worshipping her for their respective religion and her powers, and both being highly suspicious of her due to that dichotomy within her.

Goetia was given the task to win the title of Battle King. As both tribes want to make sure she is a divine, and neither tribe can stomach anyone -ANYONE on this earth being worshipped other than their chosen deity -and their prophet. Goetia has no real motivation to win the title, but she will do as instructed anyway, because... Hm..

Powers and Abilities

Light Starshine and Dark Starfall

As the reincarnated prophet of the tribes of Light and Dark, Goetia has the powers of stars. Their shining light. And their descending dark shadow. Her starshine is powerful heated light, and her starfall is heavy, encompassing darkness.

Divine Dagger
A "spell" in which Goetia calls forth and shoots out a quick burst of light energy that seers and bursts and cuts.

Divine Daggerstorm
An upgraded version of the same "spell" that creates a multitude of daggers of starlight.

Voidmire
A "spell" that calls up a thick mire of darkness that entraps foes and causes hampered movement. The darkness can be made to actually hurt and cause damage, too, should she wish.

Kaleidos Glass
A "spell" that conjures a large circular glass-like construct that fires out concentrated beams of light.

Kaleidos Maze
A follow-up "spell" that fires out many beams of light that bounce around and intertwine and can bounce between being concentrated or ensnaring.

Spacedrop and Asteroidfall
A "spell" that drops heavy darkness and/or hails the area with orbs of dark masses that cause damage and can make the target sick, lethargic, or de-motivate them.

Chaos Nova
"Light above, descending dark. Virtue, vice, bind now. Chaos Nova!"
Goetia's most powerful "spell" currently. Combining light and dark together Goetia engulfs all in a powerful nova of light and dark.

Absolute
The beefed up version of Voidmire. A "super spell" that completely drains Goetia when used. The "spell" draws in the target with heavy vacuuming power. It pulls them into a well of perpetual darkness which should ultimately win the fight for Goetia. In this well it is nothing but darkness. All energy used to try to break free is simply expended. The only way out of this well is by Goetia's choice, which she will do so when the target has completely exhausted themselves.

Extra:

Chaos Nova is an easter egg based on the attack Chaos Bloom from Laphicet who was inspiration for this character. "The Light of Virtue, the Dark of Vice. Binding chaos. Chaos Bloom!"

Attachments

• halo.jpg
    halo.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Rustic Minimal Wedding Print Banner (3).png
Name: Ryuga Akahoshi
Appearance:
IlsDOoB25DsdRY--EZSzB9b_HsK7U1SwpeJdZ2_smBXfoCdWKm-lw-BPstnNflYd5l6ysNTfiJplZkIcSLa5GqTlt5dNTmYD3uggzTtwAxtD02iA3kZo9jqSMM3i8YToUqb6_cop4sUgg8h2o5Y
1657764725896.png

Personality:
Laidback and easy-going, Ryuga is generally casual with just about everyone he meets with. While he wouldn’t go out of his way to talk to people, he is actually pretty friendly once you strike a conversation with him. He’s been told that he has a “unfriendly” face, something he doesn't quite understand, which leads to a lot of misunderstandings. He isn’t easily annoyed or angered, but when push comes to shove, he’ll try to settle things as fast as possible through words or violence, whichever works best.

In missions, his efficient and serious when approaching the task at hand, putting the mission above all else, including his safety. Though he has been taught to follow orders unquestioningly, he does seem to have a soft spot for young children and will not lay a finger on them. He has a code of honor, not attacking opponents who have already been beaten. That being said, he would not hesitate in executing hostile targets.

However, his personality tends to change in proportion to his temperature. The hotter he gets, the more battle-hungry he becomes. The capacity and desire for violence grow exponentially. He’d become cocky and have an inclination to taunt and toy with his opponent. But despite, this, some benevolence still remains, he would eventually do the right thing/

History: Project:
Ryuga is an artificial human created in Project Dragon Slayer, a program dedicated to creating superhumans to become loyal soldiers of the country. While his official story states that he is an orphan, he is infact a fully lab-grown “hero”. Trained at a young age to be an "ideal" image of a hero, he was conditioned to follow the orders of his superiors to the letter. Though, unlike past candidates, he was given some level of leisure time and freedom as it was still acknowledged that he was still a young kid. Despite this, he would often be sent out for seek and destroy missions which included the destruction of enemy convoys and bases. He was essentially treated as a living weapon.

While his handlers recognized his overwhelming strength and power, he still had much to learn, and there was only so much they could teach him. When they heard about the battle-king’s death and his will. The handlers saw it as an opportunity for Ryuga to further refine himself, not just as a weapon but also as a weapon, but perhaps more importantly as a person. However, while on the route towards the island, Ryuga was given a last-minute assignment of dealing with an encroaching enemy fleet. It was quite a distance away, but with his supersonic speed, he should be able to make up for lost time. Or so he thought. Though he managed to sink the entire fleet, they had managed to damage his helmet, compromising his GPS. He apparently overshot the island multiple times while flying blind, looking like red shooting star. Eventually and fortunately, after a few days, he crash landed onto the island out of exhaustion. And by the time he recovered, the test was already over.

Powers and Abilities
Thermal Dragon
Ryuga’s powers are the result of an experiment meant to recreate the abilities of an elemental dragon host. He has been biologically modified to replicate and adapt to the powers of an fire elemental dragon. He is able to a transformation into a form that resembles a humanoid dragon.

His most notable feature is the wings, which have fused into a trident-like structure, each segment ending in an opening designed to expel volatile energy used to either propel himself while flying or powerful ranged attacks. Apart from his draconic features, he possesses enhanced strength, durable skin, and increased regenerative capabilities.

Additionally, a significant portion of his body is covered with unique silver-colored metal scales, giving him enhanced durability and heat resistance. His limbs and chest contain vents used to take in and pressurize air like a jet engine. His limbs also a few exhaust ports designed to help him make precise maneuvers during flight. Finally, he has a prehensile tail that he uses to maneuver through the air and as a third limb.

Abilities
Thermal Sunder
Ryuga absorbs the heat from the surrounding environment, becoming hotter and stronger. The heat absorptions can lead to the area around him to temporarily freeze over due to the absence of heat. The hotter he becomes, the faster and stronge he becomes.

Around the world
Ryuga flies into the air at supersonic speeds, circling his target multiple times before dive-bombing into them. Sometimes performed while grappling with another person.

Crimson Oblivion
Ryuga reorients his wings to face backward and charges up a powerful crimson beam to reduce whatever is in front of him into ashes.

Extras
  • Likes to drink and eat hot stuff.
  • The area where he crash landed on has became known as the crater of glass.
  • Has a top speed of Mach 6.72

Last edited:
__joo_shiyoon_counter_side__sample-9835b6e35e06bed73281c85f54481cc3.jpgName: Koji Kazuma

Personality: A living joke. Koji seemingly takes nothing seriously. Always wearing some kind of a smile and grin, he’s always fanning the flames of whatever chaos is around him and making appeals to comedy in even dire circumstances. As he has lived a pampered, albeit lonely life, Koji is taking this chance being away from his family as an opportunity to have fun. The best way, as he sees it, is to surround himself with interesting and weird people. This is why he’s attracted to the Doves, seeing them as entertaining while his own school is filled with sweaties and try-hards.

He’s pleasant, but mischievous, and will often go along with what everyone else says without much argument. Though, he does appear to take great effort in avoiding fights, instead opting to act as a smug cheerleader for one of the other battle-maniacs he surrounds himself with. Fighting is boring, but watching someone else go nuts can be pretty entertaining.

History: Contrast to his demeanor, Koji grew up in a very stern household. A well-off family that took pride in their lineage as warriors and swordsmen. As such, the passing down of the family’s techniques and the proper representation of the family name was paramount. A large burden was placed on Koji’s shoulders, being expected to take to his training like a fish to water, which it he did for the most part.

Koji was rather bright, quick to learn, and submissive in demeanor, making him more oft to go along with his parents’ wills. However, he never really cared about any of that stuff. He had fought in a few competitions, taught at the family dojo, but in all honesty–it was all just so damned boring. The weak opponents, the rigidity and eloquence that must be maintained, all of it. It certainly wasn’t close to his heart as it was to his parents. His parents who were the type that you couldn’t impress, only avoid disappointing, made most his life pampered, but boring and lonesome.

When the Battle King died suddenly and announced his treasure was up for grabs, Koji’s family saw this as an opportunity to further cement their name. He didn’t need to volunteer, for he was sent to the island with the intention of taking part in the main tournament. Upon reaching the island, he took the placement exams and was assigned to the school of the Red Wolf, though he still has no real interest in the tournament, fame, riches, or the fights for that matter. He’s just looking for something fun.

Powers and Abilities
Fujin Draw
The sword style utilized by the Kazama family. Based in Iajutsu or quick-draw styles, it earns its name from the whipping and bending of wind in its techniques. The sword remains sheathed for the most part in a fight, only being drawn in the course of intercepting or engaging in an attack. While the technique is the greatest strength of the family, it requires great speed, perception, and dexterity to utilize properly.
  • Fujin’s Rage
    • The sword is drawn and swipes at the target several times in quick succession before being resheathed. Following its return to the scabbard, an aftershock of sharp wind lashes out, mirroring each swing of the blade after a brief delay.
  • Fujin’s Shield
    • The sword is drawn, quickly slashing many times in various directions of the user. Similar to Fujin’s Rage, aftershocks of wind will follow, albeit not as cutting as with the aforementioned technique. The air around the user will begin to flow around them, forming an offensive barrier that will push back and damage encroaching targets as well as defend against projectiles.
  • Fujin’s Cleave
    • The Kazama familys’ “execution” technique. The user pushed the sword up by its guard, disjointing it from the sheath only slightly. Then, in one clean movement, the sword is drawn with considerable cleave and power, followed by an aftershock of razor sharp current extending in an arc around the user.
Extras
WIP

v7B7tl5.png

[His true body is on the bottom right of the circle]
[A whole 7 and 3/4th inches tall! (Wings not included)]
1SoJyN8.png

Name: Daemon Lavenderwind
[#6562B1]

Personality:
A cheerful, slightly mischievous, and playful person at first glance, Daemon seems airheaded and distracted most of the time. A true eccentric, he acts with child-like innocence on most occasions, but also child-like cruelty as he does not seem to register what is morbid or taboo yet. This results in a total inability to read the room, as a human corpse and scented crayons would hold about the same amount of interest to him. A bit of a consummate liar due to the nature of his abilities, though he has never seen lying as something to be considered wrong. Despite this, he is unnaturally friendly to the point of potentially annoying, and doesn't seem to understand the concept of hostility, although his actions can hurt others on accident, he doesn't seem to be able to feel guilt about bringing harm about in this manner either.

Daemon has a passion for travel, study, and general soul searching, being more or less absorbed in those matters. He has a strong sense of curiousity and constantly gets distracted by anything, big or small, that may be considered "interesting" to him. Shown to be genuinely fascinated by small things like fake potted plants, but unfazed by much more extraordinary circumstances, he is often considered by others to "lack common sense". He misuses idioms and also seem to constantly interpret other people's words in an unexpected way.

Although he is an extremely talented and powerful illusionist, his inability to comprehend fear and suffering of others holds him back from being able to do any actual damage. More often than not he uses his powers in an extremely trivial way.

History:
Daemon's eccentricities can be explained fairly simply if one knows of his true origins, he is a flower fairy born from a strange lavender plant on a particularly windy day. Lavenderwind was considered a genius illusionist even within fairies. He was the first to propose using the memories of outsiders in pranks them, which really upped the efficiency (and mortality rate) of dealing with them. But as the endless days passed by, he grew curious about the outside world, and longed to find out why outsiders react in ways they do to his illusions.

The outside world was big and confusing, disguising himself as a young human mage with his illusionary powers, the fairy stumbled through bit by bit, doing odd jobs that he doesn't quite understand with his magic. One of such jobs was being the security of a strange summoning, for a cult that wanted to "ascend" one of their members by giving them demonic powers. The entity summoned, a demon named Valefar, was a fallen noble who longed to return to power. Taking the opportunity to scan the area, Valefar found the strongest magical presence in the area to be his new vessel. The vessel in question seemed a bit confused, but agreed to the pact surprisingly easily. This was when it became clear that Daemon's illusions could fool even powerful demons, as the demonic possession set in place both of them realized something wasn't right...Instead of being possessed or even partially possessed, Daemon simply trapped the demon inside of his mind.

This was problematic to say the least, as Daemon didn't really understand what happened or why the voice in his head was always frustrated. He believes that the demon who possessed him was a "pen pal" due to a gross misunderstanding of what pen pals are and decided to make friends with him, calling him "Val". Although they originally didn't get along (and still don't really get along), their relationship became strangely symbiotic as the demon acted as a mentor who taught the fairy facts about the outside world. It was under Valfar's suggestion that Daemon came to the island, to get stronger as well as attempt to find a way to break set his friend free.

All he did during the exams was talk about how his best friend who is a voice in his head told him to come to the island, coupled with his inability to conjure any actually scary or harmful illusions, the rest is obvious.

Powers and Abilities:
Illusionary Body:
Daemon is disguised as a human almost constantly, his human body is a carefully crafted illusion that can deceive the eyes of most. He can dispel and reconstruct the illusion freely, making effects like flight and short distance teleportation. Daemon's real body is often inside of his illusionary body, but not always. If his true body has taken too much damage or he is drained of mana, the illusionary body will either waver or completely dispel. Sometimes his illusionary body clips through walls if he's not paying attention.

Master Illusionist: Daemon is able to create false images, sounds, scents, tastes, and touch sensations. Even a sixth sense or other sensory systems can be fooled by him as long as he is aware of their existence. Although the more complex and multi-faceted the illusion is, the more difficult it is to maintain with time and accuracy. Although powerful, these illusions are only that, illusions. They have no way of effecting the physical world and can only alter the perception of it. A skilled magus or another illusionist may be able to see through his abilities, though they would need to be highly skilled in the craft as well.

Dense Illusions: Formed illusions are illusions that are "real", they are illusions with such a heavy density of energy within them that they are capable of affecting the physical world. This is most often used for basic physical combat with his staff, such as momentarily deflecting an attack. This is one of the more draining techniques as it forces Daemon to do something that affects the physical world, one of his weaker points. It was named by Valfar as an insult, hence the "dense" part.

Space of Fragmented Memories: Invites targets into Daemon's "space of fragmented memories", though unlike other illusions, the target must be willing for it to take effect. The space manifests as an endless field of lavender with a clear sky, and a river and village that never seem to get closer no matter how much one moves. Daemon uses to talk "face to face" with Valefar and doesn't really see a combat usage, but this is actually a defensive spell against enemy mental based attacks. Those whose minds are in the space are protected from any attacks on the psyche.

Extras:
- Like other fairies, he is able to fly, but only as fast as any normal running person and high as building tops without platforms to rest on.
- Although being 21 years old, fairies are born from their flowers with the appearance of teenagers, so perhaps he is technically a bit older than he is on paper.
- He often seems like he is talking to himself, when in reality he is talking with his "pen pal" Val, who isn't active all the time and often goes to sulk.
- As a flower fairy Daemon mainly eats flower petals, nectar, and dewdrops.
- His staff serves no real purpose, he only has it because he once heard that "magic users have staves".
- Technically he is genderless as his people are born from flowers rather than parents, it's just an aesthetic. He can chose to appear as a girl at any time.

Last edited:
Name: Eien Hiai

Appearance:

fe22bb11045f48ed9672fc38e6585dad.jpg

Personality:

Eien is a fairly withdrawn person, an introvert that wishes to be an extrovert. He is friendly and soft spoken, suffers from low self esteem, but always seeks to make those around him happy. Or, at least help them to be. Eien abhors violence, but knows full well that a major component to life is ensuring the safety of oneself and others, and thus fighting becomes necessary. While his general lack of competitive spirit is obvious to any who know him, when he becomes passionate about something, he gives his all to it.

History:

Eien spent his childhood in an out of hospitals, thanks to his failing health. He was often sickly and spent much of his time indoors, as sometimes it seemed like the very air made him ill. His parents moved out into the country, hoping moving away from people and industrialization would help his health. It did, for the most part, but it only led to a significant change. During the time living in the country, he developed a wanderlust and a penchant for exploration. The boy would spend hours searching the vast wilderness around his home, and one day, he would make a discovery that would change his life forever. Such as it was.

One sunny morning, as birds sang and flowers bloomed, Eien discovered the entrance to a massive cave system. Unable to resist exploring it, he carefully climbed down to the entrance and entered, unware of the impending danger. With little light to speak of, he investigated the various forms of life within, small aquatic creatures in pools of water, bats on the ceilings, various forms of moss and other plants, etc...It was like a dank wonderland to him, and his excitement dimmed his sense of preservation, and he pressed deeper in.

On this beautiful morning, Eien died. During his exploration, he noted a strange plant across the way in a large chamber. The air was thick with something, and his weak lungs didn't like it, but he simply had to see it more closely. He lost his footing and fell several feet, landing hard and severely injuring himself. Though he was closer now and could see it, he was delirious with pain, and the air was even thicker with whatever it was that permeated it. He called for help for hours, until he finally lost consciousness, certain that he was dying.

Then he woke up. It must have been many hours later, because he saw no loght coming in at all from where he entered. Amazingly, the air seemed much clearer, and he could breathe. Not only that, he could breathe more clearly and stronglt than he ever had. What's more, his injuries seemed healed. He noted the plant seemed to have wilted, which was a shame. However, he needed to worry about getting home. Upon managing to escape, he discovered that it was indeed dark out, and on his way home he discovered a notice that bore his face. Apparently, he had been missing for days.

While Eien's parents were thankful to have their son back, they knew he was different, and opted to have him checked out by doctors. After several people became ill, notably his parents, he was quarantined. It took months before safety measures were discovered that would allow him to be safely around people, and had cost no more than a dozen lives. As such, Eien has become very careful about being around people, rarely removes his mask or gloves, and has developed a severe guilty conscience.

At this point in his life, Eien seeks purpose and a means of bettering himself. With this in mind, he sought out the White Dove Academy, and intends to find a place for himself, and if possible, a way to live his life happily, and if not, a proper way to end it.

Powers and Abilities:

Necrotic Spores:

Eien's body is host to a unique form of spores that self propagate. These spores constantly exit his body as he breathes, are present in his bloodstream, and can even seep through his skin in trace amounts. These spores are dangerous, in of that they seem to feed on living material, from plant matter to flesh, and in large amounts, even bone. The spores reproduce rapidly while feeding on such tissues, and can quickly form masses of plant-like material as they do so. In addition to this, these spores have been known to reanimate corpses, giving control of them to Eien.

Reluctant Puppet Master:

Eien has the ability to manipulate the spores that inhabit his body, one of the ways is to utilize the spores to animate corpses. This usually works better on humanoids, but has been known to work on other creatures as well. These spores can animate anything from a fresh cadaver to a bare skeleton, though the less mass the corpse has to use as both fuel and means of motor function, the more work the spores have to put in. The spores can multiply rapidly and form a plant-like material to take the place of muscle fibers and various tissues, potentially strengthing or simply granting a vacant skeleton locomotion.

Unwilling Reanimation:

Eien's spores, as they did on that first night, reanimate him whenever he dies. This has been observed several times, something he generally only discusses when he is at his lowest. The spores tend to work fairly quickly, but always take at least 24 hours. The more damage to repair, the longer it takes. The true extent of this power requires further testing, as he is certain there is some potent method that will render it inert.

Extras:

Voice:
Johnny Yong Bosch as Sasori

Hobby: Eien is a music lover, with music being one of his only two passions and saving graces. He is a skillful pianist, violinist, cellist, and vocalist with his favorite composer being Ludwig Von Beethoven.

Sample, ignore the first two characters

Last edited:
Estego Sparenza
131be45a04ccc76dcf1cbe6c9a340ba6.jpg

Personality:
Estego is a spirited lad. Passionate about his craft and driven to grow stronger. Estego is a loud and boistrous individual who people can often mistake his normal speaking voice as yelling. He has many traditions from his home that he holds dear and will practice until the day he dies. Fiercely loyal and willing to help, it's easy to take advantage of his kind soul. He firmly believes that there is good inside of everyone, and is often willing to give others a second chance. But he took the words of the battle king to heart and firmly believes that the best way get to know someone is to face them in battle.

And perhaps by no ones surprise, Estego isn't the smartest. His critical thinking skills leave much to be desired and he is easily fooled. But his lack of knowledge does not slow him down. Well, perhaps it should but he shows no sign of shopping. Estero wasn't even aware that his placement was intended as a bad thing. Yet Estego knows he is capable of great things and seeks to prove this fact to everyone. His placement only serves to help him, even if he isn't aware of it

History:
Growing up on a tropical island in a close knit and friendly village, Estego was the grandson of the village elder, a practitioner of a unique style of martial arts where the goal is to pin the opponent and incapacitate with their willpower made manifest. Estego was a natural at the art, taking to it like a fish to water. He was strong, durable, far more than his peers. There was just... one issue. Estego could not manifest his spirit. The reason? No one could say. "Vazio," they called him. Empty. He possessed the intellect and speech of man, but not his spirit. So they said. For him, there would be no afterlife. Only his time on this mortal coil.

But in spite of this alleged curse, Estego made it a point to not allow those words to keep him down. He trained hard. Harder than anyone else. Even if he couldn't call forth his spirit manifest, he was going to prove to everyone that he was a capable warrior.

With the death of the Battle King, Estego made plans. He knew that no one else would agree with his choice. He prepped on of his island fishing boats and before he was set to launch, his Grandfather, the village elder, appeared before him.

"There is no stopping you. I have no intentions of doing so. Estego, minha família, the Vazio possesses a strength that few know. Empty. Many assume to be a poor trait. Not empty though. Infinite. I believe in your potential Estego. Go and become a King. The Vazio King."

He braved storms and tidal waves on his journey and was nearly there when suddenly a crimson star shot through the sky, and a crimson cinder lit his boat aflame, forcing him to flee from the conflagration. No way now but to swim. And he did. He even made it in time for his test. Each time he had the upper hand, but the supernatural abilities of his opponents always lead to him losing it. To the White Dove he was placed.

Abilities:

As of this current moment, Estego possesses no special abilities. He does have super human strength, endurance, and sturdiness, but many opponents can overcome that with their own supernatural abilities and may even be able to best him in his strengths with them. He is also a skilled fighter.
Special
"Vazio King"

Extras:
Working on it!​

MiracleSlayerLyricaIntroCard.png

CivilianLyrica.png
LyricaShojo.pngLalabel.png

Personal DetailsAge: 18
Personality:
"One Two, One Two, Testing... Ah! It's worked~! The one, the only, Lilical Miracle Slayer... Tada! It's Lyrica! " "Good job! Now you just need to grasp the basics of evocation!" "Oh."

Lyrica is an odd person when it comes to how she acts. She treats everyone she meets with bubbly cheerfulness and glittery kindness. She does so even for people who show inherent disdain for her. Why? Because she believes that everything that lives deserves to be treated with respect and kindness! For that is how she would like to be treated after all. Lyrica is a bit of an airhead, her often whimsical nature leads her into unwanted situations.

She's clumsy, and not very bright when it comes to things that aren't battle. Lyrica enjoys music, fairytales, dancing and socialising. She loves to meet new people just as much as she adores fighting. Lyrica is often idealistic, and she often argues with those who don't agree with her values. Most people could describe her as naively stupid or too nice for her good. Even if in a battle of life and death, she still tries her best to not hurt her assailants. Her favourite sport is fighting.

History:
"Isn't it beautiful? The battlefield I mean." The young girl named Lyrica said to herself, staring out from the window of her room. Lyrica was an ordinary young girl living with an ordinary family on their Tulip Farm. With the fragrance of blossoming tulips and with a love of fairytales, Lyrica had romanticized the battlefields she wished she could fight in. A las, the young girl was too weak, as she instead watched her brothers go off to pursue the title of "Battle King" concerning the news that had become the gossip of almost every town. Lyrica loved fairytales, believing they were the best way to tell a story.

One day, she read a fairytale about two knights preparing to battle in the name of love. "Each knight had trained, wasting not a single second leading up till the final fight. With their stories, hardships, wins and losses, no matter what, they would bring it all to this battle, clashing together in the name of what they're fighting. During that time, all they think about is each other for every single moment of the day when they finally see face to face upon their rendezvous. It's almost romantic." this was how the book would describe the final fight.

Lyrica found it so beautiful that she wanted to fight herself, but due to her inherently weak body, she could never even dream of it. Until one day... while singing her muses at night, a strange creature manifested within her palms. It called itself Lalabel. This creature had manifested due to her ever-burning wish to fight, the magic which lay dormant within her had finally awakened and was overflowing enthusiastically with exuberant energy. This was the birth of the Lilical Miracle Slayer ♥ Lyrica! She was so excited that despite her magical medium's retorts, she ran to the exam in hopes of participating.

But without proper training, she didn't know how and couldn't fully utilize the full of extent of this now awakened power. She should've listened to Lalabel first.

Powers:

Adverse Change: Through the magical phrase, Lyrica gathers all her magical power, covering her body in light and transforming into the "Magical Guardian of Love and Justice" Miracle Slayer Lyrica! During her transformation, she gains various abilities and Lyrica also gains powers specific to her transformation, which are in italics. Lyrica's transformation can wear off by will or if she passes out.

Magical_splash.pngPhiliamancy: Otherwise known as "The light of love" or "The Magical power of love." Lyrica can channel her mystical powers, to create the beautiful energy of pure undying love. Like Love though, this lovely energy is volatile and fickle. The shape of love in the form of pure magic can cause grievous bodily harm but does not cause inherent pain. The lovely energy of the light of love causes those affected by it, to have increased heart-rate acceleration, clouds one's thoughts and lessens the perception of pain.

Abilities:

Flight: The power of love can fly you to the moon! It's true! During Lyrica's transformation, she gains the ability to take to the air like a non-biblically accurate cherub to send surprise flurries of love letters and exploding hearts from the safe of the sky. She can fly as fast as she can run and as high as the courage she has to do so. Lyrica doesn't like heights.

Pretty Love Cannon: Lyrica manifests a sparkling heart half the size of her, full of lovely energy and launches it forward. It explodes in a small area and can cause serious damage. It does take a toll on Lalabel though, so it's not meant to be used multiple times.

Sweet-Heart Shower: Lyrica summons a barrage of sparkling hearts roughly the size of bubbles and shoots them at her desired targets. A single sweetheart can only cause minor damage, but being hit by multiple sweethearts can cause a painful bruise or two. Lalabel can only summon up to 17 hearts at a time before becoming tired.

Maiden's Art of Love and War: Lyrica's preferred form of combat is up close, and in that situation, she can protect herself with simple martial arts techniques enchanted with magical amore. Prolonged use of this takes a toll on both Lyrica's and Lalabel's bodies.
Extra Information:

Birthday: 14th February

Height: 5' 4" (162 cm)
Weight: 117 Ib (55.3 kg)
Lalabel is Lyrica's familiar and magical medium. When Lyrica uses her magic too recklessly, it can take a toll on Lalabel's body. Lalabel is a physical manifestation of Lyrica's magic, pacifying Lalabel would put Lyrica at an unfavourable disadvantage. When Lalabel is tired, Lyrica's magic is significantly less threatening, but don't be fooled! Lalabel can recover quickly if Lyrica doesn't expend too much of her magical energy.

Lyrica loves eating sweets, action comics, fairytale books, reading and the colour red. She also enjoys singing and writing poetry and muses. Her favourite storybook was "Two Tulip Knights" Her least favourite thing ever is the colour green. Lyrica also despises studying, finding it to be a waste of time.
Trivia:

Philiamancy is the mixture of Philia and Mancy. Philia is often translated as "The highest form of love" and mancy means "Magic" in Latin. So literally it would translate to "The highest form of love magic." but "The magical power of love" sounds cooler. So uhh-

Tulips are Lyrica's favourite flower as well as her assigned flower is Red Tulips(I normally assign my characters a flower which is kind of like a high concept for the character.), In floriography the general meaning of tulips is "Perfect Love" but Red tulips have the added meaning of being a declaration of passion and love.

Lalabel is the name of an old "Majokko (Little Witch Girl, the predecessor of the magical girl genre" anime's main character.

Lyrica uses Assets from "Suite Pretty Cure"(Hojo Hibiki, Cure Melody and Hummy) and fights similarly to Ribrianne from the tournament of power ark of Dragon Ball Z. (Which is technically pretty cureception since Ribrianne is heavily inspired by pretty cure characters and is a parody of magical girls.)

Lyrica owns a small blog where she posts her stories and entries almost daily. It stores not only her memories but also poetry.

Lilical is a made-up word and Lyrica's real name is Charlotte Dulce.
Miscellaneous:

Would be Voice Actresses: Araki Kae (JP) | Carrie Keranen (ENG)

Last edited:

Name: Jericho Hackette
Appearance:

khMpKiD.jpg

Personality: Jericho is a young man who has little to no understanding of slang, social cues, and pop culture. He is kind and quite outgoing. Jericho usually has an air of cool about him that is usually broken when he starts talking, and he's quite open about his feelings. He's not shy about saying who he thinks is an idiot or who he finds attractive due to not being used to meeting or knowing too many people at once. Though his social skills need work, he's doing his best to improve.

History: The Hackette twins came to be when an adventuress met a village man during her travels. She took him with her on her grand adventures, but alas, it was cut short when she wound up pregnant with his child. Their plan originally was to settle down in the village and raise their baby until the child was old enough to come with them. However, to their surprise, they had twins. A son and a daughter. Their parents were not deterred; in fact, they welcomed this challenge.

As the twins grew older, their parents had grown more and more accustomed to the village. The need to travel to places unknown gradually dwindled, much like a child outgrowing their toys. They eventually sat down and spoke about the possibility of leaving the village to return to adventuring, but the two were relieved to learn that neither were too happy to go. They were worried the other was eager to leave so they weren't sure whether they should bring it up.

With that out of the way, the family lived happily together with their very few and limited neighbors. Since Jericho's and Olivia's father hated technology, since he believed it only encouraged people to be good-for-nothing, they had the absolute bare minimum. The bare minimum being a TV and a phone to call in emergencies if they needed to.

With minimal technology for entertainment, the Hackettes were often found outside or inside playing games like chess and reading books. Jericho and Olivia were usually helping their father with gardening and the crops, or singing and dancing with their mother, maybe learning how to fish afterwards, or training against one another should the day come that they needed to defend their home. The most time they've spent inside (that wasn't sleeping) was playing a drawn out match of chess.

How the twins got their powers? They themselves aren't sure. Jericho remembered being outside in the rain, then at some point he thought he saw a shiny bug on the ground. The bug led him towards... something. He wasn't sure how to describe it, but it looked like a spark of lightning floating around. It attacked his chest, a sharp pain struck through him, then he woke up drenched from the rain. They only found out about his powers when his mother hugged him and he accidentally shocked her.

As for Olivia, Fosc told her that he was searching for a host who was capable of summoning a being of his strength and mass. She was just a little girl, but she showed much more potential than any of the adults he considered. She clung to her teddy bear and used it as a guardian against "the monster in her closet," and so he had the idea of using the bear's form to get her to trust him. Eventually she did and accepted becoming his host.

Life continued on, though the world seemed to stop the moment the broadcast of the Battle-King's castle was announced.

It was Jericho's idea to go. Not just for combat, but because he wanted to satisfy the nagging voice inside him to see more than just a forest. He wanted to see and learn more about the world he lived in. The castle and title was just a bonus.

Olivia decided that she should go too, because the world outside of the forest had her curious as well. As much as she loved her home, there was more out there waiting for them to see. Plus, if both of them went, there was double the chance of them obtaining the reward.

Powers and Abilities:
  • Electrical Pocket Dimension:
    • Lightning Manipulation - Jericho is able manipulate and pulse a light blue colored electric shock from his body. His lightning is usually shot from his hands as it allows for better control. Should he shoot it from wider areas like his thigh, his stomach, or back, it would result in wide spread shots that have less control. The electric pulse would be a dome that sends small shocks from every angle until the person leaves the dome. This affects everyone except Jericho; even teammates.
    • Pocket Dimension - Jericho holds the ability to store and pull objects and weapons out of his body, the latter which he will often charge with electricity to make more deadly. Though these weapons can be pulled from anywhere, Jericho usually pulls them from his chest.
      • The pocket dimension has a weight limit for objects (10 pounds max) and it cannot be a living creature. Meaning Jericho can pull swords from his chest but cannot pull out bugs or cats.
Extras:
  • Jericho likes:
    • Cooking, fishing, walking through scenic pathways, playing chess, crossbreeding flowers, and combat/training. He also collects cool looking rocks and gives them names.
  • Jericho dislikes:
    • Technological dependence, Being assumed he's stupid because he didn't grow up in the city, Massive egos, snails, and rainy days.
  • He's scared of ants and snails.
  • Since there's nothing much to do in the forest, Jericho and his sister are quite good at singing.
  • Jericho's favorite stories involve a hero or heroine working hard for everything they have. No shortcuts.
-----

Name: Olivia Hackette
Appearance:

zn9RXrG.jpg

Personality: Olivia is a very kind and friendly young woman with a sleepy disposition. She, like her brother, has a very limited understanding of slang, social cues, and all things pop culture. Though she enjoys talking to people, Olivia's sleepiness limits her on activities but she does her best to engage and interact with others. Olivia, being a lover of reading, is quite knowledgeable of random facts and of places she's never been to.

She can usually be found taking naps in strange locations, such as in cardboard boxes or on the top shelf of a closet.

History: (See Jericho History section)

Powers and Abilities:
  • Guardian of My Dreams:

"All those who pose a threat to Ollie's life will be killed. No hesitation."

Appearance:
    300px-Patchwork_Animals_%28Panda%29_KHIII.png
    • Fosc (Stuffed Animal Form):
      • Fosc is Olivia's guardian who takes the form of her childhood teddy bear and becomes reality whenever she is sleeping. He can make Olivia fall asleep instantly and it takes less than a second for him to appear at full mass. Fosc also retains all of Olivia's emotions, memories, and his memories are shared with her the moment she wakes up.

• Fosc is the reason for Olivia's sleepiness. Most of her energy is kept in reserves for Fosc so when he needs to defend her, he can fight at full force.

• Fosc can speak to Olivia within her head, but in order to be real, she has to be asleep.
    • Fosc Powers:
      • Height: Fosc's maximum height is 50 meters and his minimum is 2 meters.
      • Thick skin: In Olivia's childhood, Fosc was created with cloths of varying toughness and qualities. Opponents with swords will have a difficult time cutting through certain areas and other areas will be easier.
      • Giant's Strength: Regardless of height, Fosc keeps his superhuman strength. Since he retained all of Olivia's knowledge and memories, he is trained in hand-to-hand combat. He also possesses fast reflexes due to being trained.
    • Fosc (Shadow Form):
      • Despite being much tougher than regular stuffed animals, he can still be cut/burned until he literally falls apart. Should this happen, a shadow version of the teddy bear will seep through the broken seams and it will not return to normal form until Olivia wakes up and falls asleep again.
      • The shadow form does not possess any of the strength it previously had. Instead, he is fast. In this form, Fosc can only pick up Olivia and try to escape with her as a last ditch effort.
Extras:
  • Olivia likes:
    • Cooking, fishing, walking through scenic pathways, playing chess, reading books about history, reading books about trivia facts, urban legends, creepy things, napping in flower fields, taking naps in general.
  • Olivia dislikes:
    • Technological dependence, Being assumed she's stupid because she didn't grow up in the city, Misinformation, Wasps, and overly sweet foods (so much artificial sugar, ew).
  • Olivia is scared of wasps and fish (intact ones, not ones in pieces).
    • "The only good fish are dead ones..."
  • Since there's nothing much to do in the forest, Jericho and Olivia are quite good at singing.
  • Olivia is interested in urban legends and everything creepy. She does not believe that the urban legend itself exists, but rather, she is interested in the thing that managed to make humanity come up with a spooky story to explain it.

Last edited:
6af87e15f467ef4ccb1770b6972b627a.jpg
Ban the Maverick
Name: Ban Maverick
Alias(es): Maverick, Mav
Species: Metahuman
Ethnicity: Mixed
Blood Type: O-
Eye Color: Brown-Black
Hair Color: Light Brown
Height: 6'1" (1.85m)
Weight: 195lbs. (88.0kg)
Relatives: His Grandfather Sam Maverick, Parents, & Dozens of Siblings

"What the hell?"

Personality: A loner all his life, Ban D'Jett never quite fit in anywhere all his life. Always answering with a dry yet witty retort or remark, the young man prefers to maintain peace and quiet around himself as well as keep to himself, and there is little that can shake him other than the occasional off-the-wall occurrence. Lazy and unmotivated, Ban D'Jett would much prefer sleeping in all day and pursuing his hobbies, assuming he is not off to get a drink or get laid. Avoiding any kind of work is sometimes a job in of itself for Ban, but he sees it as living his life the way he wants to live it, peacefully and harmoniously. Not one to start a conflict and even more so one to end or prevent one, Ban D'Jett holds the opposite goal of nearly ever individual. Not a single cell or thought in his mind wants to become battle king. In fact, Ban wishes the opposite, wanting nothing more than to be expelled. In the meantime, if it means failing everything, breaking the rules, being late, and whatever else within reason to get himself naturally expelled, then he is up for it.

Lying and cheating are no obstacle for him as well as any underhanded tricks or manipulation that he can use to get ahead. The young man often tries to undersell himself and utilizes his loner and lazy status to be underestimated or ignored, which works for a number of reasons, chief of which is to fall under the radar and not be seen or noticed. Ban is capable of much, and there are few lines he will not cross to keep up his current lifestyle.

Speaking of which, the man simply chooses a peaceful and loving lifestyle. Well, more so a peaceful and loving lifestyle for himself. His tolerance towards others is extremely high in this regard, and nothing ever seems to spark any real emotion from him. Although, this does not mean he likes being bothered or being forced to do something he does not want to do, especially when it gets in the way of his hobbies and/or interests.

Hiding under that empty and apathetic demeanor, however, is a calculating mind and brilliant strength backed up with certain foundational morals and guidelines. However, those lines are so few and far in-between that it almost always seems to suit his particular lifestyle. His nature does not equate with weakness, and the young man is more than willing to kill, torture, threaten, and maim if not outright intimidate and destroy any opposition towards his way of life if all else fails. In this vein, Ban does not respond, or, at least, respond kindly to threats against his way of life, family, or friends or anything he might hold dear or sacred. Considering few, if any, can reach that status of intimacy with him can be considered nearly impossible, if not downright a miracle, but those who cross certain lines against him should not expect him to be merciful.

While he may smile and smirk, put on all the features of a normal albeit lazy individual, those expressions never seem to reach his eyes.
History: Raised by his grandfather Sam more so than his own parents, Ban learned much of the world through his grandfather, who was a cold and hard man but fair and honest towards his grandson, if not so much to anyone else. The man taught Ban everything he needed to learn about being a warrior, about being a killer. Not in the express purpose of becoming a battle king or anything silly like that, but so that Ban could learn to protect himself and, more importantly, what was close to him. Ban respected, loved, and even fear the man, the one person who could bring out such a side of Ban or any emotion. Nothing made Ban happier than making his old grandfather smile, even if it was only a little, just a crack, and even sometimes scowl or be annoyed by Ban. Still, the old man had to prepare Ban for the harshness of reality. Ban might not have appreciated it at the time, but the young man soon learned what his old man tried to teach him.

As Ban grew older, his tendencies to be lazy and apathetic nature grew as well as his proclivities to cause trouble, such as drinking, sleeping around, and even the occasional prank or two as well as intervening in the occasional fight. While his tendency to get into fights or cause pranks died down somewhat, Ban's irresponsible and withdrawn nature continued. Rarely, if ever, getting caught for his deeds, Ban's tendencies and activities were only found out or deduced by his grandfather. While the old man usually reprimanded his grandson along with Ban's parents and siblings, it did not stop Ban and, eventually, the young man barely cared for even getting caught.

This led to the string of incidents of him being kicked out of multiple high schools and even colleges. The final straw was when the young man was found underage drinking while sleeping with the college principal's daughter. No one wanted to touch the delinquent ladies' man with cold eyes and even colder attitude, always alone and unpredictable, almost unapproachable in every sense of the word.

That is until his grandfather Sam Maverick got word of this battle school. Now, his grandfather was quite the fighter back in the day when this battle king business was quite prevalent, but he settled down to be a family man. After discussing it with Ban's parents and prepping Ban's brothers and sisters, the family decided to send Ban to the famous battle school, hoping it would either force him to turn his life around or whip him into shape somehow. Maybe there was the hope he would make friends, be a part of a team, or simply get his ass kicked so hard he'd straighten out.

That and it was free. The real decision maker here.

Ban had his own counter to this conundrum. Get expelled as fast, soon, and naturally as possible without raising any suspicion and especially without tipping off his family or his grandfather.

This whole plan would work like a charm. And the first order of business would be to fail those exams and fail them hard.
Powers: Thanks to his grandfather's training, Ban's own ability to manifest Nth energy--a unique form of power that is tied to his very self: cells, body, and soul--and superhuman (metahuman) abilities, and the nanite injection his grandfather gave to him as a precaution to keep him safe, Ban is capable of the following abilities:
  • Supernatural Condition (Metahuman Variety): Possesses superspeed, strength, durability, reflexes, brainpower, and you know the rest. The man also sports the ability of heightened senses and can even see in the dark. The apex of all his powers is his speed, agility and reflexes, followed by his strength and durability. Meanwhile, his senses were developed via training and his superpowered nature together, meaning his acute awareness is not just from his own inherent abilities but from a disciplined and acute mind that is always highly observant and on alert.

Ban's superhuman abilities and training has led him to develop--with the aid of his grandfather--a graceful and stable yet aggressive and sometimes brutal fighting style, focused on ending a confrontation as quick as possible without any extra flair or flashiness. However, his style of fighting is also balanced with skills and techniques drawn from other fighting styles and even implementing techniques not from martial arts but from free running and parkour as well, able to traverse across an environment easily while fighting. Mobility and keeping a fight simple and quick is his area of expertise, focusing on redirecting attacks and momentum of his opponents or dodging blows.

• Nth Energy: Similar to chi, chakra, or magic but unique and stemming from Ban's own soul and inherent as well as trained mastery over it, this energy produced from himself and his surroundings is similar to electricity and plasma while sporting a red coloration, able to produce large and deadly amounts of heat and current, which can be controlled at the user's will. It can be solidified to create impromptu or improvised weapons, cut through objects, or simply shock and blast opponents away. It can also allow intra-molecular attraction, allowing Ban to stick to walls and all sorts of objects and be difficult to remove from those surfaces and objects. It also allows him to create a constant aura-like shield around his body, assisting him in protecting him from blows and various superpowers. Ban can also utilize this ability to allow him to "skate" by ejecting the energy around and beneath his feet and/or shoes, allowing him to travel at even faster speeds since skating is obviously superior in velocity and control to running. His senses and attacks can be aided by this energy, allowing him to send pulses of this energy to either scan for people akin to like a radar or physical pulses of energy that deliver concussive force to quickly block or counter a person. This energy can also temporarily add an extra punch to any physical weapons or objects he may wield as a weapon.

Finally, Ban can create bursts of Nth energy, usually to either add a midair boost to his jumps or to adjust his position while in midair, allowing him to dodge attacks while having no stable footing. In essence, these bursts of energy allow him to fly or move around midair for short periods of time before having to settle back down to earth.

• Biomachines: Microscopic nanites able to operate on a molecular level that his grandfather kept stored away in case of a medical emergency. These nanomachines have fused with Ban's body to create biomachines, and these microbots enhance all of his natural and/or trained abilities, granting him even further power and skill. Able to enhance his mind to process and calculate at supercomputer speeds, if not greater, Ban is capable of calculating the physics and trajectory of his attacks or parkour to easily traverse an area at maximum efficiency. Even more so, it helps him gauge how to best utilize his abilities without creating collateral damage. The biomachines infused with his cells are capable of utilizing Nth energy as a powersource and generate it as well. More importantly, they aid his superhuman regenerative power as well as grant his cells the ability to mutate and adapt. This has resulted in his cells becoming stronger and revitalized every time they die, not just simply multiply and regenerate, and this process is similar to how muscle is destroyed so it must get stronger. The older he ages, the slower he will age. Eventually, Ban might become effectively immortal as his cells become unable to die or simply too resilient against cellular degradation.

These same machines infused with his cells can force his body to undergo rapid mutations and adaptations, accelerating the evolutionary process, and force his body to undergo rapid physiological change as well as create a secondary hardened coating over his skin, fusing with the aura-shield of Nth energy. This black biomachine armor can cover most of his body and force his entire body to run beyond its apex, making him a killing machine. His body starts to develop claws on his hands and feet, dermal spikes along his body, and even fangs. However, long periods of time spent in this form will wear him out, so it is left as a last resort or used in small, contained amounts, such as only armoring up an arm instead of his whole body. Perhaps his body will one day adapt and allow him to use this form for as long as he deem necessary. This evolutionary process of becoming an apex killing machine, however, is currently for short periods of time only.

Secondary uses of these biomachines allows him to utilize a HUD screen implanted in his visual cortexes as well as scan objects, people, and any host or types or targets. Thus, his aim is nearly perfect as a result, making him rather good at darts or all sorts of party games from now on as well as able to guess probabilities. These same biomachines can access machines and communication devices, although Ban would have to touch them first. Usually, he uses this to keep up-to-date on any notifications on his phone or communicate with others. The same biomachines can can help him play music, listen to music, and even help with his dance skills through supercomputer-like analysis and computing power.

Last edited:
DfG7OC4.jpg

Name: Leor Berhardt
Appearance:
  • Eye: Amber (Eyes glow yellow and scalera turn black when angry and using his powers.)
  • Hair: Orange (At times, his fire flares up and you can see tufts of flames mixed in with his curls. Handle with care.)
  • Height: 5'9"

Personality:
"It is the duty of the strong to guide their allies along the right path and to protect those too weak to protect themselves." ~ Leodbriht Berhardt
The lessons instilled in him by his grandfather have acted as a sort of moral compass for the young demon for as long as he could remember. It is likely because of this that Leor is always quick to try and spin the negative into a positive. He tries to show others that their is always a silver lining and that with enough work they can overcome any obstacle. He is as active, cheerful, and big-hearted as they comes and it shows in the way he carries himself. Waking up at the crack of dawn, he is always on the move, happy to spend his time training, helping others, or otherwise just making himself useful. Whether good or bad, Leor is incredibly optimistic and encouraging towards others and treats everyone with warmth and respect, even if they don't always offer him the same.​
Truthfully, Leor could care less about whether or not he is treated well so long as others, especially those close to him are. In fact, the quickest way to get a rise out of Leor is to badmouth or otherwise harm someone defenseless or close to him. Regardless of whether or not this is noble or foolish, Leor will act quickly, almost recklessly, consequences be damned. There's no place for mercy where people who would abuse their power in such a way are concerned. When not acting on impulse and out of anger, Leor is actually a very capable and intelligent combatant. He loves a good challenge and is happy to throw down with anyone who he feels he can help grow or, conversely, who he feels may help him grow. He's never been known to back down from a challenge and revels in any opportunity to have a little bit of fun.​
However, looming below the surface lie a medley of insecurities and other issues. Leor's worries and fears weight him down. There is an unspoken frustration and, buried further below, sadness. It may be difficult for things to get to him in general, but there are some things that will always hit, especially when they come from certain individuals. Regardless, Leor isn't one who will allow such things to stop him from moving forward.​
History:
Leodbriht Berhardt was a revered as one of the strongest Demon Generals to ever hold power across the Demon Realm. He was second only to Demon Lord Zabrastes, who was hailed as one of the strongest to ever attempt to unify Demon Realm under his rule. Unfortunately, Zabrastes's plans for the Demon Realm came to a hault when he mysteriously passed. Next in commend, Demon General Leodbriht chose to end the conquest. What they'd done was more than impressive and, though he wished to carry on Zabrastes's legacy, he did not believe himself capable of unifying the land. So, he vowed to keep the lands they had conquered to prosperous and their people happy. Still, as time went on and things began to change, Leodbriht settled down. He had a son, an heir of his own. Unfortunately, his son, Zarin, seemed to grow to believe that his connections were all he needed. He believe he could do as he pleased and rely solely on the fact that his family name was Berhardt. He did as he pleased, spitting in the face of Leodbriht and Zabrastes's beliefs.​
Worse, when those around he grew more powerful, shunning him in favor of his father, Zarin grew bitter and resentful. He could not manipulate his father into backing him and he held no true power of his own. The only option was to take back his power. Rather than risk the pain of failure or having to train, however, he chose to have a child of his own. Leodbriht was overjoyed to have a grandson, which Zarin took full advantage of. He weaseled his way back into his father's good graces using Leor and pushed the child to begin training the moment he could walk.​
Although Leodbriht was suspicious, he was more than happy to train his grandson. He was happier to instill in his grandson the beliefs that his son would never ascribe to. He did everything he could with Leor, from training, to casual outings, to trips to the other realms. One such trip saw Leor in the human realm. It was a trip filled with ups and downs. After this, despite one... set back... Leor grew quite found of the Human world. Although Zarin believed it to be a waste of time, Leor's mother encouraged him to follow his passions and see where they took him. Though much to his father's dismay, Leor's mother and grandfather both pushed him to go further and to learn more. His grandfather in particular believed there was much to be learn in the human world which was always rife with conflict in a way that the Demon Realm hadn't known in years. He was especially persistent as he was reaching a point in which many of his own faculties were beginning to wane and he wished for his grandson to be farther from his father.​
So, Leor chose to travel to the human realm and take up a more semi-permanent residence. It was shortly after this that the death of the Battle King was announced. The Battle King's ability and prowess was known even among the residents of the Demon Realm. He remembered his grandfather speaking quite highly of him. He considered going, but before he even had the chance to discuss it, his father all but ordered him to join. This was huge after all! The title of Battle King would both enhance and prove Leor's prowess while granting him status and power in not one, but two realms!​
As the day of the test approached, it occurred to Leor that he had a problem. Something he hadn't even considered when he first left home. During his youth, while training with his grandfather, Leodbirht had shackled his arms and legs. He'd called them Spirit Cuffs, a technique he'd picked up from humans. It would allow Leor to train not only his body, but his spirit and the demonic energy that flowed through him. The Spirit Cuffs, would allow for him to train to better control and regulate his power and allow for it to grow in both volume and strength over time. Leodbriht explained that training the body meant nothing if one did not train his spirit and the natural energies that flowed through him. The downside of the cuffs was that Leor would essentially be living life with a handicap as well as at only about one third of his full ability.​
With the test coming up, Leor believed that it was as good a time as any to remove them. He had to see where he was in relation to others at full power. Unfortunately, being so young when he received the cuffs, Leor hadn't fully grasped everything. He'd even forgotten the phrase his grandfather had told him in order to remove them. Worse, when he reached out to his grandfather, it seemed he too had forgotten.​
"Ahaha! Don't worry. I'm sure it'll come to me eventually!" He'd said.​
Needless to say, Leor took the test. He relied heavily on technical skill and battle experience from training with his grandfather as well as other demons. Even with his handicap, he believed he did well. In fact, he had! He was set to be placed in the Blue Sharks school. That was considerably well given his predicament. He was set to go until the proctor began to berate his opponent. The young man had lost, but...​
"Worthless~ What could a useless fool like you do? You don't even-"
Leor's body moved before he could even think it through. When he realized what he'd done, the proctor has been put through a wall. Through some miracle, Leor hadn't been kicked out entirely. But, needless to say, he wasn't admitted to the Blue Sharks.​

Powers and Abilities
**It is important to note that Leor's abilities, firing on all cylinders is at roughly 1/3 of his full power**
Leor is a particular class of demon known as a Cockatrice. In human mythology, the cockatrice is described, generally, as a two-legged dragon or serpent-like creature with a cock's head and varying levels of other avian features. It seems nobody consulted an actual Cockatrice, because the truth is much more complex than this. Regardless, being a Cockatrice gives Leor a medley of various physical capabilities. In addition to these, Leor is a fire elemental Demon, much like his grandfather, and has inherited the Demon General's power.
  • Cockatrice Physiology - As a cockatrice, Leor is gifted with attributes akin to dragons, lizards, birds. His base human form is superhumanly strong, durable, agile, and much more. He is able to transform parts of his body to create claws, scaled talons, armor like scales across his body, enhance is eyesight and more. Additionally, much to his dismay, he particularly has attributes of chickens, much to his disdain. One such chicken he has something in common with is what humans call the Dong Tao chicken. They boast incredibly large sizes and incredibly powerful legs, which he more than makes use of. Additionally, Leor's feathers and scales make him extremely resistant to fire and heat. This does not shield him from blast damage or the effects unique/special/supernatural flames. Leor is also able to transform into a fully fledged Cockatrice Demon, but controlling this form is easier said than done. It is incredibly volatile and destructive, running almost rampant on animal instinct.
    • Cockatrice Warrior - Some Cockatrice are able to tame their more bestial form. The resulting product condenses the power of the Cockatrice, greater control over one's faculties, and a far more unique form to the individual. While Leor has yet to achieve this state himself, his grandfather has continuously assured him that in time, he'll learn. An additional ability this grants is access to the Cockatrice's Stare. While many believed looking into the eyes of a Cockatrice would cause instant death, this is not the case. It merely induces a feeling of fear. This, in truth, can be easily overcome, but it is much more difficult for the weak willed.
  • Flames of Purgatory - Typically appearing a brilliant blaze of oranges and yellows, these flames can be altered by the soul of the user (some notable colors throughout history include blue, red, black, etc.). Nobody quite knows if the color is unique to the individual, signifies a change in their demeanor or soul, or simply an at will change by the user. They are extremely malleable, able to burn and release heat, can be released with explosive force, or molded at the user's will making them very effective for combat if one is dedicated to learning how to use them. Leor for instances has trained to the point of controlling his flames on a very technical level, going as far as to be able to control the target of his flames. Essentially, if he doesn't want them to burn you, they won't (even if you are enveloped in them, they will only burn what he wants. That is, assuming he's in the right state of being both physically and mentally. Like this, it can be effective for burning away foreign objects or entities, poisons, or other contaminants from the body. They can also be used to augment his movement and speed, to simulate flight while not transformed, or to mimic some of the abilities he's seen in human media.
  • Cockatrice Poison - Many Cockatrice are known for their poisons which their bodies are able to generate. Leor, for instance, is able to secrete poison from his claws, talons, and fangs. This poison is a powerful paralytic that causes the target's muscles and joints to lock up, effectively giving the feeling of petrification. If an antidote isn't given or the poison otherwise neutralized and dealt with, it is possible for the target's bodily functions to halt, resulting in death. While powerful though, the poison is extremely slow acting.

Extras
  • While is a combatant skilled in a few forms of formal martial arts, he most relies upon Taekwondo due to it's heavy focus on legwork and kicks which makes the most of his leg strength.
  • Leor has an irrational fear of chickens. He hates them. The irony does not escape him, but a Cockatrice is not a Chicken. Chickens are best left dead or eaten. So dead.
  • He has taken a serious liking to human food as well as human entertainment, particularly curry, ramen, fried foods, anime, and manga.
    • He will sometimes use his abilities to mimic abilities he has seen in the media he has consumed.

Last edited:
Name: Gouketsu, Gurimu, aka Guri or Guri-Chan
Appearance:
1658285289862.png
Personality: Guri is a bit brash and boastful, head strong and rambunctious, a hard worker and hard fighter she is rather uneducated but curious about most things around her. Given her features and sharp teeth it is a safe bet to assume she is some form of demon-kin or youkai with a normal human physiology for the most part. A bit confrontational and a natural leader, she gravitates towards others, not caring much to be alone and thus highly extroverted and somewhat noisy. Enjoys drinking beer, mead and ale as well as eating, though she is a bit picky with the later and prefers meat over most other things.

True to her nature she is rather at home in rocky landscape and with rough terrain. Of curious note is the fact she carries around with her what she calls, and what may indeed be a giant's spoon, she seems to think this is not an issue and uses it akin to a polearm with impressive physical strength and in combination with her earth element attacks. Of note Guri tends to hold grudges for a bit and remembers events from long ago and is taunting in laughter of others and enjoys a good fight and has a rather simplistic world view. One which she is prone to sharing. Typically tricking her will end up with some form of comeuppance upon the perpetrator and if payment is promised it is best paid.

History: Guri hails from the Far East and according to her tails she comes from a land that is filled with man and demon, or Youkai, where she was raised up in a farming village. Life was rather boring but simple and the call of adventure was appealing to her, so when she was of age to set out, which in her mind was 14, she set out from the village to make her name with the one thing she had, power. She always had physical power in spades, as result of the nature of what she was. There was also something else about her nature that she would learn over the following years, that she had an affinity for magic.

Earth Magic to be more spot on. Taking up with adventurer groups and mercenaries, Guri would receive the occasional training aid here and there and would come across her Giant's spoon, which she claims to have taken from an actual giant after beating it in a contest of strength. Over the course of these travels, she would learn the value of money and the simple enjoyment of pummeling something with her own fists, plus the joys of alcohol and using her pointy teeth to rip apart all sorts of cooked meat. Guri has never stayed with one group too long, either as she wants more pay or more honor or just gets bored.

Currently she is at Fray Island to become the Battle King for one simple reason, A King has the most wealth, the most wealth means she can buy anything she wants and never have to deal with some job fighting shitty bandits or moving from one battlefield to the next. And a King normally has a lot of people seeking to get rid of them, thus the fights would come to her and this battle tourney she heard about while half-drunk sounded like a good idea. Thus did Guri journey across the sea only to find something akin to disappointment, when asked how tough she was, she repeated "HOW TOUGH AM I?!" then head-butted the initiator, laughing as she did so. Recovering from the blow the man shook it off and asked what sort of study she wanted and explained this was a school of learning that would ultimately lead to the King's Tournament, plus a few other details. She, never afraid of a challenge said; "Send me to the most difficult class!" Meaning this to be the strongest class the instructor enrolled her in the most difficult class from a point of view and to her eventual disappointment.

She also has the curious hobby of tunneling and looking for buried treasure in her free time and will answer questions about her spoon, unamused that people just don't get it.

Powers and Abilities:
Goat Type Youkai Physiology - Guri is gifted with a strong body and abilities of physical feats, that while not exactly superhuman are enhanced considerably. Her field of vision out of her horizontal slits is wide ranging, suited for the dark and can be considered superior to humans, minus in seeing shades of blue. And telling them apart from other colors, while she has normal human legs, her feet are a bit rough, and she has exceled rock climbing and even subterranean living. With her Giant's spoon she can quickly attack with it like a polearm or use it in her magical earth moving. Her basic battle style sees to call upon no one fixed school but a rather unorthodox style of fighting. She will use her full body, magic and "spoon" to fight an enemy in the way of a mercenary that has survived more than schooled in an art. Her fighting style is self-taught and counts upon her small size, magic and great physical abilities as a bruiser to get in close for quick attacks that mix hand to hand and "polearm" combat.

Other than that, she's learned a bit in her earth craft and is so far utilized it limitedly for fun and physical attack.

Earth Gauntlet: Able to summon up the earth around her onto one or both hands to a rather boxy and thick form that is great for punching people or knocking down doors and thin walls, the dirt is compressed and is somewhat akin to rock, it eventually will return to its natural dirt or rock formations on the ground. The Gauntlets can be fired off with a concussive blast or a stationary speed burst to give the hit more power.

Earth Shield: By putting her mana flow into her hands or into her giant spoon, she can scoop up earth into a rocky wall that is as big as her body and scoops out the earth in front of her and under the structure, to deflect and block attacks that may seriously damage her. Guri tends to dismiss these walls when they have served their purpose or once she has decided to go on the offensive, the wall seems to levitate and has the ability to rotate around and with her.

Earth Wave: Guri can scoop up or make use of raised earth into a condensed head sized bolder, scooping it up with her spoon or using her own hands she then straight out throws it as a single projectile, or controls the density to cause it to fragmentize into a flurry of rocks moving at high speeds in a wave like pattern before her, stretching out to 4 meters.
Extras

-Is only 5'2" or close to 157.5 cm's.
-has a surprisingly high alcohol tolerance for her small size.
-her horns are indeed real and functional and perform the same function as the horns on any other goat, helping regulate her body temperature.
-Gurimu prefers going by Guri as it's simpler to say.
-has the ability to instant cast her spells, forming them so quickly that they blend in well with hand-to-hand fighting, also does not need to chant her spells.
-has been known to show some sadistic traits and seems rather fickle as well as being social.
-all earth she commands or moves eventually returns to a normal state, though she is known to be a prolific ditch and trench digger when given cause.

2uBtUhI.png
Name: Ramona Burgess
Appearance:
  • Eyes: Sapphire Blue
  • Hair: Blue with some under areas of Yellow mixed in
  • Height: 6'3"

Personality:
Ramona, at her core, is a very direct person. She likes to be open and honest, with some exceptions and attention paid to the feelings of others. That is, if she thinks saying or doing something will needlessly harm another, she will typically hold her tongue or stop herself from doing it. If she can find the purpose, or has found the person deserving of a harsh truth or harsh treatment, she may proceed regardless. That said, when it comes to matters of opinion, matters of the heart, or other subjects specific to here, Ramona will always be quick to speak her mind.​
At times, Ramona may appear quiet for periods of time. Given her size and overall demeanor, this can sometimes make Ramona come off a bit intimidating. In actuality, she is a very sweet and kind person if given the chance. At least, in her own way. She enjoys caring for others and making sure they are safe and okay, to the extent that she believes they may need help. She knows better than to interfere with one-on-one battles or with personal duels, but she will still step in if it means saving the life of somebody that she cares for, even if they may get upset with her.​

History:
Ramona lived a simple life in a village deep in the forest. For generations, her people lived off the land with little to no contact with the civilized world. However, when their village elder passed and his son took over, things began to change. Their new leader wanted to have a better relationship with the outside world. He felt that by reaching out, they could grow stronger as a people. That was what he'd said at least. In truth, the man wanted more money and power. He wanted to capitalize on their teachings. He wanted to source out the villagers as laborers and party members for adventures. There were those who left, those who opposed him, and those who acclimated to the changes he was making.​
In the case of Ramona's family, leaving the village was discussed, but before then... something needed to be investigated. Her father, in particular, was suspicious of the new chief. He believed that the young man had killed his father in order to take control. As time went on, and her mother and father tried their best to blend in with the changes as well trying to gain the trust of the new chief. Ramona had been relatively young and was adjusting to some of the new things of the modern world. She'd always be interested in art, for instance, but other priorities always took a leading role in her life. She had to learn about hunting, gathering, safe and unsafe foods in addition to fighting and how to draw from and make use of the magical energy that came from nature and the world around them. She had an affinity for such things, but distractions arose. She was always scolded.​
Still, some of the marvels of the modern world made gaining access to and enjoying other hobbies too quick and easy. She could focus on her studies and training while also engaging with other things she enjoyed. By the time she had found a good way to balance the different, and everchanging, aspects of her life though, Ramona faced the hardest thing she could have ever possibly imagined. Whether it was the new chief, someone loyal to him, someone he'd hired, or some other force, Ramona's parents were killed. It was classified an accident, but she knew better. She wasn't strong enough to take him or anyone else on who could possibly have killed her mother and father, so she fled her home. There was also a chance that she might have been next after all.​
The next few years, she was on her own. She made use of her skills and teachings to live, moving from place to place. She visited villages, towns, and cities, meeting all manner of folk. When the word of the Battle King's death went out along with the academy... two things ran through her mind. First, she could use this opportunity to get stronger. That would make finding and taking care of her parents' killer(s) easier. Second, it would be a relatively safe place for her to be able to finally relax and maybe make a few allies along the way. It wasn't like she hadn't experienced a little closeness here and there... but she was almost always looking over her shoulder and moving on quickly. It made meaningful relationships hard. Hopefully, this new situation could change that.​
Unfortunately, getting to Fray Island was difficult for her. By the time she figured out how, she had all but missed the testing. As a result, she was placed into the White Doves school. Would she be able to make strong allies, or even just good friends, here?​

Powers and Abilities
As far as physiology goes, Ramona is pretty much just a human. However, her people had a close connection with nature that allowed them to draw energy and power from the world around them. This varies from person to person, but they are largely granted physical capabilities beyond those of the average human. Ramona's strength, speed, durability, etc. may not match up naturally to some of the more powerful beings (demons, yokai, etc.) but they are are all much greater than most humans. Where she shines though, pun intended, is in her manipulation of nature's energy, particularly, the energy she draws from the Sun, Sea, and Earth.
  • Elementalist - Be it the land, the sea, the animals, etc., all aspects of life produce energy with which those in tune with the world around them can drawn from. Ramona's people are some of those who are able to do just this to varying degrees. This energy takes many forms and van be applied in a multitude of ways. Ramona finds the most success in drawing power from the Earth, the Sea, and the Sun. Ramona is able to achieve different effects by utilizing the different types of energy. Beyond simply expelling the energy from her body as a sort of concussive blast, Ramona is able to use this golden energy in a variety of ways:
    • Sunshine - While varying from user to user, the energy drawn from the sun that Ramona uses takes the form of a golden flame-like aura. When active, Sunshine's energy appears to flicker and move like a flame, but is also accented in what appear to be small stars that flicker and dance throughout it. Using this energy, Ramona is able to amplify and improve the efficiency of any activity she chooses. For example, using this energy Ramona is able to increase blood flow in the body or stimulate cell regeneration. This makes it incredibly effective for healing and strengthening herself as well as other individuals. Providing the body with the means to strike faster and harder, naturally heal from injuries, or boost the effectiveness of other abilities provides her with a plethora of ways in which to support her allies, or fight for them.
    • Lull - Turbulent though it may be, Ramona focuses on the calming properties of the sea in order to bring things to a state of calm. Like this, the energy she draws from the sea forms an indescribably "soft" aura that moves about as if to mimic the soft push and pull of the waves of an undisturbed beach. Whether it be the mind of a rampaging beast or the body of a moving target, Ramona can slow it to a near halt. Using Lull, she can combat, or even potentially cancel out, other forms of energy. The larger or stronger the enemy/target, the more energy that is required from Ramona. A strong enough target can fight through the effects of Lull, difficult though it may be. Ramona can expel the energy in waves or extend it outward from herself in a one mile radius. This also works as a way of detecting when an enemy enters the radius if Ramona concentrates and knows the energy of her allies.
    • Bedrock - Sturdy like the earth, this energy is a deep green and appears to crackle and break like the Earth from which it is derived. With this energy, Ramona is able to harden and increase the firmness of objects in her grasp. This energy can greatly increase the longevity and effectiveness of weapons, shields, and many other manner of objects. She can also project the energy it in the form of a solid barrier around herself and other individuals or even use it to slice through things like a blade if she molds it properly.

Extras
  • Ramona's hammer is made from a large tree imbued with magic. Part of her training involved planting it, using her powers to stimulate it's growth, and enhance it. Then, she would then be responsible for cutting it down and turning it into the weapon of her choice.
  • She stills loves art and drawing. She has an art book that she keeps on her person at all times. Most of her art is pretty mundane. Some of it is very... spicy.
    • Ramona is more embarrassed by people seeing her art in general than people seeing the smut.
  • She's worked very many odd jobs over her time traveling and picked up many different skills. Her favorite is cooking, which she quite enjoys.

Name: Sage Chauvelet
Appearance:

jcgcJu7.jpg

Personality:

Sage, in short, loves what the Battle King represents and is not shy to express his beliefs. He is devoted to what he believes to be his goal in life; and that goal is to support the next Battle King. He is "eccentric" in his own right (though given his beliefs regarding the Battle King, others might call him "crazy"). He often does or says things that might get him strange looks, however, he doesn't care. "Freedom" is what defines Sage, not social constructs. After having lived a confined upbringing to being nothing but a selfless child doctor, Sage does not want to constrict himself simply because some strangers will think ill of him.

Aside from that, he is relatively kind, thoughtful (in his own way), and believes that in order for someone to learn a lesson, they have to make their mistakes. he is much too honest for his own good and will say whatever he thinks someone needs to hear, even at the cost of the person's ego or some of Sage's blood. Sure he might end up getting hit or stabbed, but he can heal so it's fine.

History:

Sage's parents were... unique, if he had to explain it in one word. They were incredibly spiritual people who believed that all their problems could be solved by spiritual rocks, essential oils, and praying to multiple nature gods. They wanted to leave the city and stay in the great outdoors, but when they realized that the city provided too many conveniences that they wouldn't have living in the middle of a forest, they settled with living on the big city outskirts.

When Sage was about 5 years old, he left his house to enjoy the flowers. From there, he came across a delicious scent from an odd looking flower. It smelled of his favorite food, and it was nothing like he'd ever seen before. Normally, someone would notice that other flowers like it weren't growing anywhere around, or that a flower like this didn't exist, but to Sage, this was a tasty looking flower. And so, he ate it.

An overwhelming sensation coursed through his entire body. It was painful; so painful, that Sage froze up completely. He couldn't find the energy nor the will to speak. He couldn't even move anymore. Sage, thinking that this was the end, laid down, and waited to perish.

Hours later, Sage awoke to the faces of his parents kneeling over him. They had been crying; desperately trying to wake their son up from what they thought was his death, but he was fine. They hugged, and they remained unaware of his newfound abilities until a month later.

Sage's father had been cooking in the kitchen when he accidentally cut himself. Sage offered him a flower straight from his arm, which was shocking enough, but when he rubbed the flower onto his father's wound was when his parents realized the incredible gift that had been blessed to their son.

Before Sage knew it, he was being taken from person to person, hospital to hospital. His parents and some weird people believed him to be the chosen disciple of Mother Nature herself, and the gift of healing was granted unto him so that he could bring peace, comfort, and hope to all those who laid in medical beds. Time after time again, he offered flowers and vegetation to the people in need, who took these gifts as a blessing from Mother Nature.

He ended up being known as a "Savior" to a lot of these people, with many turning to him to save their lives rather than the doctors who studied hard to help others. His parents often discouraged him from saying no, and even got mad when he did. Sage was forced into a never ending cycle of giving up pieces of himself until he nearly passed out from blood loss, being seen as a "Miraculous Savior" by all those he healed. He felt trapped. The only time he had to himself was when he was waiting for his body to "feel better" so he could go back to healing other people. His childhood was lost, but only one thing during that time really stood out to him, which was the Battle King.

When Sage looked at the Battle King, he saw "freedom". What he saw was a life of doing whatever he wanted. He had once dreamed of becoming the Battle King himself, but once he became older, Sage realized that what he wanted to do wasn't to become the Battle King himself, but to support them as best as he could. He had no professional fighting experience. He wasn't a chiseled-chin warrior. He was just a man with an incredible healing gift. He wasn't meant to become the Battle King, he was meant to support them!

Though the first Battle King's death was upsetting, Sage didn't dwell on it. He knew a new King would blossom and take their rightful place. And so, in the dead of night, Sage escaped the "Miraculous Savior" duties and left. His goal was to see the new Battle King come to fruition, and he would support them every step of the way.

Powers and Abilities:
  • Miraculous Savior:
    • Natural Healing- This ability allows Sage to grow plant life and vegetation (which to his surprise, includes vegetables) from his body. The plants themselves will be full of healing properties which can be made into a tea, eaten directly, or broken apart to apply to the wound directly. It does not matter how the healing properties get into the wounded; so long as it can make contact with the person's body, it can take effect. The healing properties themselves are very powerful; powerful enough that Sage received recognition for his abilities.
      • These flowers and vegetation look and taste just like they normally would, and can grow from anywhere on Sage's body. Including from his hair, which will leave his hair without damage.
        • Sage prefers to cook the healing foods into meals rather than feed the wounded flowers. The foods work to not just be filling, but much more effective as well. Worst case scenario he'll have to spill the food, tea, or sap directly on the wound.
      • Sage's healing abilities work at their absolute best when healing Sage himself. Since his healing doesn't need to grow to work, Sage is able to rapidly produce his healing properties to quickly heal his wounds.
        • Ex: A cut on someone's body would take about 3 seconds to heal after they eat a potato. For Sage, the cut would have healed before it had time to appear.
        • Should someone lose a limb: If the person can bring the limb/eye/toe/finger etc. in question fast enough, Sage will be able to heal it back on. Otherwise, all he can do is save you from bleeding to death.
      • His healing abilities work best with physical wounds, but it also works towards illnesses. However, healing illnesses like colds and headaches, require three meals a day made directly from the vegetation from Sage's body. The person will need to consistently eat the meals he prepares in order to feel a difference, the the healing is usually finished in a week depending on how bad it is.
        • Terminal illnesses often take months of healing from Sage, and even then the results aren't guaranteed. If the illness in question is killing the patient faster than he can heal them, then there's nothing he can do.
    • Forced Rejuvenation - Should someone in a dire situation need immediate medical attention, Sage can rapidly produce healing sap on his hands and make contact with the wounded area. While this type of healing is quick and will prevent the person from dying, the ability is working double overtime past its intended pace. This will in turn force the wounded's body to regenerate cells at an alarming rate. As a result, this healing process is incredibly painful for the wounded, but it's better than dying, right?
      • Sage has heard from his patients that this quick healing method feelings like the area is literally on fire inside and out. Patients have proven that they mustbe held down or else they will A) hurt themselves, and B) not be healed properly.
        • Since Sage's healing is internal, he's never had to use this ability on himself for emergency reasons. But, he's used it on himself to understand the pain his patients go through. (It hurts a lot, man)
    • Drawbacks:
      • Sage's healing abilities, when used on another person, requires a bit of blood to convert into a flower, plant, or vegetable. There is no blood present in the vegetation or the plants themselves, but they do take their toll on Sage. The guy can heal a large group, but there's no way he can safely heal an army without needing a blood transfusion.
Extras:
  • Sage is 5'9 (175 cm), 140 lbs (63 kg), with long green hair, tan skin, and bluish green eyes.
  • When Sage was known as the Miraculous Savior, he was said to be kind, benevolent, and patient. Really, Sage was just being nice so they wouldn't be difficult to heal.
  • Sage is sometimes mistaken for a girl.
  • He often takes on challenges such as "eat a bowl of super spicy noodles" because he can simply heal his mouth to rid of the pain and win the prizes.
  • Sage likes:
    • Animals (especially dogs), battles, Battle King ideal, video games, cooking, honeybees, thunderstorms, flowers, fruit, meat dishes, tattoos/piercings, and trying new things
  • Sage dislikes:
    • Hospital rooms, cold weather, people who take up the entire hallway/sidewalk, beer (other alcohol is fine), and TV soap operas (why do they check every cliche on the list?)

• 89t4Wuv.jpg

7lphMHk.jpg

Name: Saucha (Pronounced Sasha)

Appearance:

db4nknr-1b1abbad-a7d8-4cf3-b829-7dd3f6b6be87.jpg

Personality:

Saucha is fiercely protective of things and people that she sees as good and pure, and despises things she sees as corrupt and evil. She is a lover of peace, but was created to quell corruption and to protect innocence. As such, she has no qualms with fighting, or even causing a great deal of damage should the need arise. Her views tend to be very black and white, right and wrong are simple, and any drop of gray upon the canvas of her morality is checked immediately to attempt to regain the balance of her perceptions.

Saucha has difficulty seeing herself as a person, and typically does whatever she is told by anyone she deems worthy. Her sense of individuality is prevalent, but distorted by her self perception as more of an object than her own being. Because of this, she tends to be fairly absent-minded in terms of self care, having been maintained by the maidens of her shrine before leaving to seek this new goal.

History:

Saucha wasn't born, she was created. A shrine was the victim of raids in a land where crime and darkness were running rampant. Even the faithful were frequently at risk of becoming corrupt, with the shrine itself falling victim to desecration. Many faithful monks came together with the maidens of the shrine to mold her form of clay, and through the combined magics and wishes of the people of the village, she was granted life. However, this life was imperfect, and many of the wishes were also selfish and impure, causing an unintended side effect in her creation.

Now a living entity and embodiment of the wishes of her people, Saucha was adorned in the wish tags that granted her life, as well a talisman around her neck meant to keep her darker aspect at bay, and finally the golden rings that she was born with meant to aid her in capturing and purifying corruption. The maidens tended to her needs as she grew more and more "human", maintaining a simple lifestyle while protecting the shrine and purifying pilgrims that visited the shrine.

After several years, the shrine and the surrounding village became beacons of purity, and the people themselves began to protect the area themselves, making her unnecessary. At this point, Saucha decided her only purpose now was to spread out across the land and purify it on a larger scale. The story of the Battle King reached her shrine, and she found new purpose. She would go and attain this title, and through it, she would bring about a never before seen prosperity, and purify the world.

Powers and Abilities:

Guardian Spirit:

Saucha possesses an astral aspect that she uses in combat, surrounding herself in this form she can attack and defend herself. In terms of offense it functions much like a versatile and powerful solid but transparent form. In terms of defense, it protects her from some damage, but sustains damage itself and is incapable of reforming if it is destroyed. However, given time, her astral form recovers on its own.

005-tn-preview.jpg

Purifying Flames:

Saucha's body is capable of creating and manipulating flames that can burn targets and objects, though it is primarily for cleansing corruption and evil. As such, it won't harm pure entities and objects. Generally speaking, this is gauged by Saucha's perceptions, meaning that it can only really harm things that she sees as evil or corrupt. That being said, she is incapable of making it harm someone that she is angry at or fighting, unless she actually sees them as evil or corrupt.

download (14).jpg

Rings of the Golden Gate:

These golden rings around her arms are connected to her spirit, and are thus a part of her. Saucha can remove them and use them as weapons or tools, altering their size, shape, density, hardness, and even altering space within them if her guardian spirit is intact. An advanced use of these rings is to create portals of sorts between them, though she is currently incapable of doing so.

04+Wishing+Ward+[complete]+(1).jpg

Impure Purifier:

The ritual that gave Saucha life was flawed, the impure wishes giving her a terrible curse that threatens to spread the very corruption she combats. The talisman she wears protects her from losing control, but she suffers a constant hunger. No matter what she eats, she will never feel satisfied, and should she lose control, she will surely attempt to devour all in her path, be it friend or foe. Should she transform, she will lose all access to her other abilities, and attack anyone near her with the intent to devour them. She will return to normal if she is rendered unconscious, or if the talisman is placed back on her.

The_Gaki (1).jpg

Extras:

tumblr_p67cfiFKMt1sam1deo1_1280.jpg

Stats:

Height: 5'2"
Weight: 114
Eye Color: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin Tone: Dark Olive

Likes: Peace, Quiet, Food, Dancing, Music, Maidens, Monks, Spiritualism

Dislikes: Needless Conflict, Famine, War, Evil, Corruption, Water

Fun Facts:

Dislikes water because of her body composition and how her dress reacts to water. Takes Earth baths instead.

Because she was created from clay, she always has an earthy scent.

Understands little of worldy delights

Will add more

Last edited:
6af87e15f467ef4ccb1770b6972b627a.jpg
Ban the Maverick
Name: Ban Maverick
Alias(es): Maverick, Mav
Species: Human
Ethnicity: Mixed
Blood Type: O-
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Light Brown
Height: 6'1" (1.85m)
Weight: 195lbs. (88.0kg)
Relatives: Sam Maverick (Grandfather), Family & Siblings

"What the hell?"

Personality: A loner all his life, Ban Maverick never quite fit in anywhere all his life. Always answering with a dry yet witty retort or remark, the young man prefers to maintain peace and quiet around himself as well as keep to himself, and there is little that can shake him other than the occasional off-the-wall occurrence. Lazy and unmotivated, Ban Maverick would much prefer sleeping in all day and pursuing his hobbies, assuming he is not off to get a drink, smoke, or get laid. Avoiding any kind of work is sometimes a job in of itself for Ban, but he sees it as living his life the way he wants to live it, peacefully and harmoniously. Not one to start a conflict and even more so to be the one to end or prevent a disagreement, Ban keeps his calm and nonchalant composure, even in the face of terrible odds or less-than-savory situations, and he prefers leading a peaceful and easy life. Not a single cell or thought in his mind wants to become battle king. It is a title that restricts oneself and labels you for all time. Not to mention the fact is Ban is completely unworthy of the title, both in skill and attitude.

And, yet, if he does not strive towards winning that title, there will always be the chance someone will abuse the money, power, and prestige that comes with it. Ban may not possess the capability to become the battle king, but is there anyone else that this task can be entrusted to? Besides, winning would mean he would be set for life--the ultimate goal towards having the laziest life ever. And all that matters is winning. Nothing else. Everything and everyone are tools on his path to reach the top. Every problem waiting for a solution to be solved, no matter what it takes. The ends justify the means.

In the meantime, to hide his ulterior motives and goals, breaking the rules, being late, and whatever else within reason he can do to lessen his workload and keep suspicion off himself is on the table. Lying and cheating are no obstacle for him as well as any underhanded tricks or manipulation that he can use to get ahead. The young man often tries to undersell himself and utilizes his loner and lazy status to be underestimated or ignored, which works for a number of reasons, chief of which is to fall under the radar and not be seen or noticed. Ban is capable of much, and there are few lines he will not cross to win and settle this battle king matter once and for all.

Hiding under that empty and apathetic demeanor is a calculating and observing mind--brilliant at improvising and planning on the fly--and resolute strength backed up with certain foundational morals and guidelines. However, those lines are so few and far in-between--almost as appearing to fit his worldview and attitude, and, while currently unwilling to cross them, Ban may do so if he finds it completely necessary. His nature does not equate with weakness, and the young man is more than willing to kill, torture, threaten, and maim if not outright intimidate and destroy any opposition. In this vein, Ban does not respond, or, at least, respond kindly to threats against his way of life, family, or friends or anything he might hold dear or sacred. Considering few, if any, can reach that status of intimacy with him can be considered nearly impossible, if not downright a miracle, but those who cross certain lines against him should not expect him to be merciful.

Perhaps there is more to Ban than his cold and callous nature.
History: Raised by his grandfather Sam more so than his own parents, Ban learned much of the world through his grandfather, who was a cold and hard man but fair and honest towards his grandson, if not so much to anyone else. The man taught Ban everything he needed to learn about being a warrior, about being a killer. Not in the express purpose of becoming a battle king or anything silly like that, but so that Ban could learn to protect himself and, more importantly, what was close to him. Ban respected, loved, and even fear the man, the one person who could bring out such a side of Ban or any emotion. Nothing made Ban happier than making his old grandfather smile, even if it was only a little, just a crack, and even sometimes scowl or be annoyed by Ban. Still, the old man had to prepare Ban for the harshness of reality. Ban might not have appreciated it at the time, but the young man soon learned what his old man tried to teach him.

As Ban grew older, his tendencies to be lazy and apathetic nature grew as well as his proclivities to cause trouble, such as drinking, sleeping around, and even the occasional prank or two as well as intervening in the occasional fight. While his tendency to get into fights or cause pranks died down somewhat, Ban's irresponsible and withdrawn nature continued. Rarely, if ever, getting caught for his deeds, Ban's tendencies and activities were only found out or deduced by his grandfather. While the old man usually reprimanded his grandson along with Ban's parents and siblings, it did not stop Ban and, eventually, the young man barely cared for even getting caught--usually devising a plan to avoid punishment.

As he grew older and matured, however, Ban began to pick up his life together and began to settle down with a life and a plan. That is until he heard about the battle king passing away. His eyes simply met that of his grandfather. The old man had once fought for the title before deciding to give up on it and settle down. But Ban had heard the stories. Horror stories. Men and women, fighters in their own right, torn apart by savage and cruel monsters, all seeking the title. Perhaps, with this day and age, those who sought the title would be different. Perhaps the winner would embody the principles and ideals the battle king did and user their power wisely.

But there was always a chance for something worse to happen. And Ban and his grandfather Sam Maverick knew better. All that would matter to these people would be winning. And, in truth, that was all that mattered. Ban packed his things and applied. He purposely failed the exams and tests, opting to enter the White Doves. No one ever expects the bottom of the roster.

And there is no better sensation than winning.
Powers: Ban sports no unique powers or heritage, only utilizing the abilities granted to the ordinary human and has cultivated these abilities over the years under the tutelage of his grandfather. Thus, Ban possesses far greater abilities than the standard human, possessing superhuman degrees of power. Ban also knows a few tricks and hobbies, but the most combat-related tricks he knows are sleight of hand and stealth, able to sneak up on foe and friend alike rather well.
  • Superhuman Condition: Ban sports the usual superhuman strength, speed, reaction time, agility, and more due to his enormous amounts of natural spiritual energy emanating from himself. The man also sports the ability of heightened senses and can even see in the dark. The apex of all his powers is his speed, agility and reflexes, followed by his endurance and regenerative prowess, and finally his strength and durability. Still, despite the difference in the extent of his powers in these different areas, each aspect of his physical ability is superhuman in its own right, allowing him to keep up in this battle school.
  • Natural Spiritual Aura: This spiritual aura not only adds an extra-layer of protection over his entire body, appearing as shimmering, almost translucent energy. This adds an extra layer of protection as well as buffer Ban Maverick from the momentum and impact forces of attacks or from his own extraneous movements. It also has the added benefit of helping him handle different environments and conditions. His spiritual energy helps protect his insides as well as help him purify his body and any harmful substances. This energy can also be used and made into solid mass to help protect from weapons and attacks, and it can be used to deflect attacks from swords and other weapons. Bullets and knives can bounce off or not pierce this layer of protection, never touching his skin or body. This same energy can also help him heal from and recover from wounds, sealing them up quickly as if never been harmed at all. If his energy reserves get too low or he suffers too much injury from attacks, then this aura will begin to falter. Ban can jettison or creates burst of spiritual energy to give himself a double jump, float down from the air to the ground--creating a soft and safe landing, accelerate his running speed or enhance the force behind his punches, or block or blast away attacks--forcing his opponent off-guard or off their mark and creating an opportunity for a counter attack. A more important combat-related application is Ban's ability to spread his aura out or create a burst so that--if he misses when attacking an opponent--the range of his attack is much greater than what his opponent can see or a burst of energy strikes the dodging opponent while in mid-escape. This invisible pulse of natural energy or extension of his aura can and has surprised many opponents before, making Ban an opponent to be weary of. A pulse of this natural spiritual energy can be sent out to find people or objects, acting like a radar to track down his intended target.
  • Fighting Style - Bullet: An offensive fighting style that is meant to be non-lethal, Ban developed this fighting style that utilizes all the muscles in his body to concentrate and focus his attacks in rapid but concussive and blunt blows from his fists, elbows, knees, and feet. All muscles work in tandem and move together to create the ultimate momentum and force behind each punch. The manipulation of his natural energy to solidify and harden around his fists, limbs, or open palms while delivering rapid yet solid blows garner it the style the name of "Bullet".
  • Fighting Style - Sword: A defensive fighting style that is meant to be lethal, although it can be used non-lethally at the user's discretion, it revolves around cutting motions and waiting for the opponent to come to you before counterattacking. The style expects the opponent to come straight for you or to attack you directly, and this style welcomes the challenge. With a swift motion of both hands, Ban can cut through enemies with his aura, even to the point of killing them if not simply tearing muscle and ligaments to render the opponent unable to fight or move. His natural energy is manipulated into sharpened edges around the various parts of his limbs and the edge can be refined to a near-invisible point of less than a nanometer. In conjunction with rapid yet flowing knifehand strikes, this fighting style earns itself the nickname of "Sword".
  • Fighting Style - Shock: A final and more improvised style of fighting, this particular martial art is one Ban developed should he be in a dire situation or require more strength. By focusing and unleashing more natural energy into his body as well as into the outside world, Ban enhances his physical and (spiritual) aura abilities in order to utilize this new style of fighting. Similar to the drunken master fighting style that imitates the movements of a drunk individual, harkening back to the movement and momentum-based fighting styles of Jiu-Jitsu and Judo, while also drawing inspiration from more lethal, rapid, and practical martial arts such as Krav Maga and Taekwondo, this style is developed to put down opponents hard and fast, more so than the previous two styles. It is designed with the intention of taking on multiple opponents at a time, although it can be altered to focus and be utilized against a singular opponent. It utilizes keeping an opponent close enough to strike yet at a distance one can control as well as prevent the opponent from having a moment of coordination or the chance to reorient themselves. Grapples, flying kicks, and throwing the opponent around while also never staying in one place is the key aspect of this fighting style. It utilizes Ban's superhuman speed and agility to move around the battlefield and rendering opponents unable to react to a blitz of blows and movements too fast for most to react to. However, such a use of physical and natural spiritual energy can drain the user, especially if fighting multiple opponents at once, and render them to be much slower and sluggish than before.
  • Final Fighting Style - ???: A yet unknown or yet to be developed style by Ban. Perhaps it is a combination off all three previous styles or something new in its own right.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back