• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

News & Updates PSA: Why We Don't Allow Erotic Roleplaying

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS

On a higher note, "(Looking at you, 12-13 year old children pretending to be older). "

Consider me simultaneously dying laughing and dying inside xD  

Wow people are still on here? I got half my arm in fish guts and the other holding the phone writing down descriptions in the lab, out of pure boredom I checked back here.

Not everyone is online at this time. This was posted at NOON for me, and who's going to be on RPN at NOON?

Edit: Well I guess that's not entirely accurate because different people have different opportunities to be online during the day, SO WHATEVER...

On second thought, people not doing their work could be but THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD I DON'T WANT TO BE BLAMED FOR SOMEONE BEING FIRED >.>

Not everyone is online at this time. This was posted at NOON for me, and who's going to be on RPN at NOON?

Edit: Well I guess that's not entirely accurate because different people have different opportunities to be online during the day, SO WHATEVER...

On second thought, people not doing their work could be but THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD I DON'T WANT TO BE BLAMED FOR SOMEONE BEING FIRED >.>

Then there's me, hovering between inactivity and being online all day...

...mostly because school hasn't started yet.

Then there's me, hovering between inactivity and being online all day...

...mostly because school hasn't started yet.

WHAT?!?!?!?

I'VE BEEN IN SCHOOL FOR A MONTH AND A HALF

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE ok actually I don't really mind because that just means it's Summer Break sooner but HOLY CRAP IT'S STILL SO HOT WHEN SCHOOL STARTS ;w;

WHAT?!?!?!?

I'VE BEEN IN SCHOOL FOR A MONTH AND A HALF

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE ok actually I don't really mind because that just means it's Summer Break sooner but HOLY CRAP IT'S STILL SO HOT WHEN SCHOOL STARTS ;w;

We start summer break in the beginning of July ;-;

I cry everytiem.

I guess this is the continuation from that thread in feedback section?  :D

Anyway this is a clear explanation. Thanks for the information.

...I thought everyone just secretly did it in the darkness of private messages and off-site communications. Why would you want your smut public? That's daddy's private time, yo.

Thank you for the help. I'm rather innocent and dislike sexual content, the most I'd do is "she'd take his hand up to the bedroom and close the door. Several hours later they came out, fully clothed yet hair dishevled." Would that be aloud or not? I just want to make sure I don't get banned or anything haha.

she took his hand*

Quite enlightening, I suppose? I think it really all depends on how site owners manage it. It's quite natural for different people to have different priorities. This site will never allow sexual content but that is their choice and I am not surprised. 

Minor nitpick from the thread that started this: Yo,  I checked out Iwaku. It ain't no ERP site and I think it's kinda disrespectful to refer to it as such when it doesn't cater to solely sexual RP. I am being the devil's advocate here because I try to understand other points of view and be a voice of reason - don't get your knickers in a twist. Just something I noticed,  and I value truth over propaganda. 

Minor nitpick from the thread that started this: Yo,  I checked out Iwaku. It ain't no ERP site and I think it's kinda disrespectful to refer to it as such when it doesn't cater to solely sexual RP. I am being the devil's advocate here because I try to understand other points of view and be a voice of reason - don't get your knickers in a twist. Just something I noticed,  and I value truth over propaganda. 

Wizard did make mentions to Iwaku's methods but he never ever called it an ERP site.  Iwaku is in many ways similar to RpNation, which makes it easier to compare to than other obsolete sites on the web.  His intentions were not meant to be disrespectful.

I have a question!! Is a character allowed to have a background where they were sexually harassed? But not actually doing anything in the rp? Not going into depth, just saying something happened in their past and that effected that character. Is that fine??

I have a question!! Is a character allowed to have a background where they were sexually harassed? But not actually doing anything in the rp? Not going into depth, just saying something happened in their past and that effected that character. Is that fine??

Yes, characters are allowed to have those types of backgrounds, and as you said, as long as you do not describe the incident with details which have been previously explained by the site rules, this PSA, and other responses from the staff team.

I don't have a problem with ban on erotica on this site, but I have to say only reason why people assume the age of consent is 18 everywhere because most if not all media that is of American origin is produced in California. California's consent law – 18 with no exceptions – is the strictest in the United States (and possibly the developed world). Most (thirty) US states set consent at 16, and many of the others that set it at 17 or 18 allow for some flexibility. That's not even getting to other countries.

Yes, characters are allowed to have those types of backgrounds, and as you said, as long as you do not describe the incident with details which have been previously explained by the site rules, this PSA, and other responses from the staff team.

Thank you very much!

Wizard did make mentions to Iwaku's methods but he never ever called it an ERP site.  Iwaku is in many ways similar to RpNation, which makes it easier to compare to than other obsolete sites on the web.  His intentions were not meant to be disrespectful.

ShgaOnr.png

QMkPpxPDYY0fu.gif

Sorry

I understand what your saying, but I don't think erotic roleplays be banned

While I do not fully understand and agree with the logic behind this decision and stance, it is the decision of the administrator and we will have to step back and respect it. I was just caught off-guard at the misinformation and misdirection that has been going on - but it isn't my place to spout off factual information about the laws and the ins and outs of it here when it is quite clear that they are not going to budge. In the first place, I am not that enthusiastic about sexual content and roleplaying put together. I'm neutral, but the discrepancies in their information is tempting me to put forth a large post correcting them. It is not their fault if they have not researched yet enough past what keeps RPN family-friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Wizard, shazam or what ever you like to be called. What kind of computer do you use and how hard was it to code this site. I ask since im thinking about doing a career in coding and wondered if themakeing of asite is as hard as it seems

@The Dark Wizard 

Hey Wizard, shazam or what ever you like to be called. What kind of computer do you use and how hard was it to code this site. I ask since im thinking about doing a career in coding and wondered if themakeing of asite is as hard as it seems

@The Dark Wizard 

this isn't really the right place to be asking this question-maybe ask him by creating a PM instead :)  this topic is for questions related to erotic roleplaying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back