• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

News & Updates PSA: Why We Don't Allow Erotic Roleplaying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the sudden push on anti-erotica?  Has it become a problem or something?  Is the site in danger of being shut down?

The site has always been entirely anti-erotica. We're just clarifying why, as we get a lot of questions about it! :)

Why the sudden push on anti-erotica?  Has it become a problem or something?  Is the site in danger of being shut down?

Not at all.

Just felt like it was time to answer the question in more detail since its been answered basically with just a "No" for the past few years. PSA and info and education in general is good :D!

As has been said, touching of breasts or description is considered erotic. If it was something like an in-character comment, that would be fine, but describing the appearance and whatever of breasts is not allowed.

Menstruation is not erotic, and I don't see how it could be, I'd liken a period to having a character who's being repetitively punched in the stomach and is experiencing bleeding. Sure, it's horrible, but it's not erotic.

Hmmmm, Okay. I'm still slight confused by the whole breast thing as, in almost every RP (Mostly group Rp's in fact) breast size amongst characters has been brought up in a light-hearted sense, even having that as a topic some characters were subconscious about as personality trait, as for an in-character comment what would you be referring to? And I saw this question floating around somewhere else but is nudity counted as such even if nothing is described and it's for no sexual intentions? Surely a character such as a young pre-pubescent child would be allowed or even thought of to take off there clothes or at least be exposed as naked briefly? (I mean, honestly, who didn't strip naked as a child?~ XD)

Hmmmm, Okay. I'm still slight confused by the whole breast thing as, in almost every RP (Mostly group Rp's in fact) breast size amongst characters has been brought up in a light-hearted sense, even having that as a topic some characters were subconscious about as personality trait, as for an in-character comment what would you be referring to? And I saw this question floating around somewhere else but is nudity counted as such even if nothing is described and it's for no sexual intentions? Surely a character such as a young pre-pubescent child would be allowed or even thought of to take off there clothes or at least be exposed as naked briefly? (I mean, honestly, who didn't strip naked as a child?~ XD)

Nudity is not counted as long as it's not explicitly described. Stating that somebody is naked is fine, describing their.. endowments, is not.

In-character comments about breasts should be fine as long as they're not consistent or explicit. Joking around in-character about them having a 'shelf' or 'flat chest' would be fine, but describing their breasts explicitly (words like 'supple', description, not in-character conversation) is not permissible. 

I think I understand what you are saying, where say a girl grabs another girl's breast for size comparison (slapstick anime comedy scene) or when a kid rips off their clothing in protest and runs away (more slapstick humor).  Writing out the basic idea to communicate something like above isn't really sexual per se; except the first scenario could be considered ecchi (perverted) and is on that border/gray-area leaning towards the dark side.

Nudity is not counted as long as it's not explicitly described. Stating that somebody is naked is fine, describing their.. endowments, is not.

In-character comments about breasts should be fine as long as they're not consistent or explicit. Joking around in-character about them having a 'shelf' or 'flat chest' would be fine, but describing their breasts explicitly (words like 'supple', description, not in-character conversation) is not permissible. 

Thanks for the clarification!~ "^w^

Upon finding this all out I realise I may have witnessed some things against the code over the past few months~ 0-0

I do have an inquiry about PM's though because- well, this seems to be where most of the people seeking erotic content tend to hang about, I've had situations of people certainly going past the line before (I still stopped them before anything serious happened however, simply by parting ways with them, deleting the PM or telling them enough is enough, in which case all have happily accepted the decision and moved on.) None however who actually went as far as to seriously break the rules in needs of alerting a moderator, they simply described actions I was not all-together comfortable with, as I'm sure many others have also had this sort of experience.

Thanks for the clarification!~ "^w^

Upon finding this all out I realise I may have witnessed some things against the code over the past few months~ 0-0

I do have an inquiry about PM's though because- well, this seems to be where most of the people seeking erotic content tend to hang about, I've had situations of people certainly going past the line before (I still stopped them before anything serious happened however, simply by parting ways with them, deleting the PM or telling them enough is enough, in which case all have happily accepted the decision and moved on.) None however who actually went as far as to seriously break the rules in needs of alerting a moderator, they simply described actions I was not all-together comfortable with, as I'm sure many others have also had this sort of experience.

Erotic content in PMs is not allowed. We encourage users to report instances of erotic content, as it helps us keep the site clean, and safe for younger members.

Erotic content in PMs is not allowed. We encourage users to report instances of erotic content, as it helps us keep the site clean, and safe for younger members.

I know it's not allowed. xD  That's what I was saying, and trust me, I know younger members on the site that certainly don't need to be exposed to erotic content. 0-0

(I'm in middle school, its kinda given I know about stuff already and, thanks to youtube have stumbled upon things that have startled me to this day. 0-0 ….. tentacles…. should NOT….. go…. there…. 0-0)

I think I understand what you are saying, where say a girl grabs another girl's breast for size comparison (slapstick anime comedy scene) or when a kid rips off their clothing in protest and runs away (more slapstick humor).  Writing out the basic idea to communicate something like above isn't really sexual per se; except the first scenario could be considered ecchi (perverted) and is on that border/gray-area leaning towards the dark side.

Yeah~ "^w^

Yeah yeah legalities... chance of being taken down and ruined through investigations...

What was that about RPN-Con?

Double hue. (i.e. Hue Hue)

Hmm, so with this (since i finally read something from you staff lol), what about Suggestive Content? how far would that go before it's considered Erotic?

Hmm, so with this (since i finally read something from you staff lol), what about Suggestive Content? how far would that go before it's considered Erotic?

You can't describe genitals or have characters touch them (excluding breastfeeding).

Genitals include man-parts, woman-parts, and breasts.

I always find Erotica to ruin Romance. I love a good romance play, but the moment the characters get sexual at all it just... snuffs out all the fun. It's the chase that amuses me. I always tend to avoid Erotic stuff, so this is fine for me.

I love how this site is against this kind of stuff. I personally take a moral stance against it but it's always been comforting that the site is against that regardless of the reason. Although the reason making sense is good too.

There's no reason for there to be erotic content involving minors anyway, if you're too pedophiliac to role play without having text sex with a kid you shouldn't be here anyway.

None of these things are illegal to write with minors, excepting erotic content.

People can write what they want within the rules, whether it's correct or not, though I do know Ghost has a really nice tutorial on writing mentally ill characters that you could link them!

Ok. Well I was thinking that if any judges, lawyers, police, etc. saw it they may think it is a case or based on a case of child or domestic abuse that wasn't reported and you could get in trouble with that so I have tried my best to stay clea of those RPs.

Ok. Well I was thinking that if any judges, lawyers, police, etc. saw it they may think it is a case or based on a case of child or domestic abuse that wasn't reported and you could get in trouble with that so I have tried my best to stay clea of those RPs.

Officials are usually good at recognising the difference between fact and fiction, so I wouldn't worry about that kind of content too much.

Am I receiving this for a reason? Or is EVERYBODY getting this and not just ME. I'm not sure if everybody else did or I did something on accident.

Am I receiving this for a reason? Or is EVERYBODY getting this and not just ME. I'm not sure if everybody else did or I did something on accident.

It's a public service announcement - everybody gets sent it. :)

Wow people are still on here? I got half my arm in fish guts and the other holding the phone writing down descriptions in the lab, out of pure boredom I checked back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back