• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Prosthetic Super Soldiers

I'll been thinking of giving Handler a different prosthetic.

Maybe a brain, because he has ASD.

Maybe that could be a subplot where Handler starts off normal with ASD, thinking the world is full of rainbows. Then he gets his brain replaced later in the story and sees the world is a cruel place.

Basically Charlie from Flowers for Algernon.

What do you think?

I'll been thinking of giving Handler a different prosthetic.

Maybe a brain, because he has ASD.

Maybe that could be a subplot where Handler starts off normal with ASD, thinking the world is full of rainbows. Then he gets his brain replaced later in the story and sees the world is a cruel place.

Basically Charlie from Flowers for Algernon.

What do you think?

I will think on it. Unfortunately, this week has been super cray at work and I have not been at my best performance. I need to head out for awhile but am hoping to focus on all the current character sheets and reach out to Tori Bradley Tori Bradley this weekend. =)

BREAKING NEWS
RPN NEWS 9
Hello. Reporter SomeFakeUsername911 here, and today we are at the scene of the crime. A roleplayer was just caught plagiarizing. That's right, a fellow roleplayer that goes the name Tori Bradley Tori Bradley has copied an idea from roleplayer The Comet The Comet . What did he steal? Why, he stole the idea of a Prosthetic Eye, along with almost the exact same powers! A Nation of Creation? More like Nation of Plagiarizion! Ha ha ha.
After the commercial break, we will get to the topic of; is SomeFakeUsername911 actually funny or is he cringeworthy and should die in a hole? We'll find out, after the break.

BREAKING NEWS
RPN NEWS 9
Hello. Reporter SomeFakeUsername911 here, and today we are at the scene of the crime. A roleplayer was just caught plagiarizing. That's right, a fellow roleplayer that goes the name Tori Bradley Tori Bradley has copied an idea from roleplayer The Comet The Comet . What did he steal? Why, he stole the idea of a Prosthetic Eye, along with almost the exact same powers! A Nation of Creation? More like Nation of Plagiarizion! Ha ha ha.
After the commercial break, we will get to the topic of; is SomeFakeUsername911 actually funny or is he cringeworthy and should die in a hole? We'll find out, after the break.

First of all, I didn't plagiarize. His was the right eye, not both. And you're allowed to use the same prosthetic as long as you use different abilities. And my abilities were different. His unique one was a head up display that gives him info on the surrounding world. Mine was a holographic computer. His secondary abilities were scanner vision and computer interface. Mine were threat identification and telescopic/microscopic vision. While my unique ability and his computer interface secondary ability are similar, they are not the same. His is only accessing existing computers through his eyes, while mine is creating a holographic computer and using it through his eyes.

So next time, think about it and actually look before you say something, thank you.

Any room for little 'ol me? I see a lot of amazing prostethics here, but even if I can't join i'm giving a rough character idea or two.

So the character in mind has prostethic lungs due to severe lung cancer due to smoking. The lungs are connected to small tubes that lead to his mouth, and are automated. From this he has the ability to create a vaccum or perhaps a strong wind(enough to make ine stumble, nothing dramatic) the downside is these tube could possibly allow water into the prostethic lungs, which could cause him the inability to breathe.

Also, going along with the heart protsethics, another idea would be that someone nearly died of hypothermia, though it was localized to the chest/vitals to ensure death(i.e. Torture) though doctors were able to save them, though the side effect from the ordeal was their body would never warm to natural levels. It was like they had become cold blooded, but they were still human. The new heart wasn't a heart, it wasn't a pump either. To liken it to anything, it was a pressure cannon that would shoot blood around like the heart would. As a result they had no heartrate, and did not show up eaisly on thermal/infared cameras.

Any room for little 'ol me? I see a lot of amazing prostethics here, but even if I can't join i'm giving a rough character idea or two.

So the character in mind has prostethic lungs due to severe lung cancer due to smoking. The lungs are connected to small tubes that lead to his mouth, and are automated. From this he has the ability to create a vaccum or perhaps a strong wind(enough to make ine stumble, nothing dramatic) the downside is these tube could possibly allow water into the prostethic lungs, which could cause him the inability to breathe.

Also, going along with the heart protsethics, another idea would be that someone nearly died of hypothermia, though it was localized to the chest/vitals to ensure death(i.e. Torture) though doctors were able to save them, though the side effect from the ordeal was their body would never warm to natural levels. It was like they had become cold blooded, but they were still human. The new heart wasn't a heart, it wasn't a pump either. To liken it to anything, it was a pressure cannon that would shoot blood around like the heart would. As a result they had no heartrate, and did not show up eaisly on thermal/infared cameras.

You can definitely join! Page 2 of this thread has the link but here it is in case:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/prosthetic-super-soldiers.318733/#post-7617944

As for your ideas, I like both but the lung idea seems a lot more fun and useful for missions! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back