• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Prosthetic Super Soldiers

Prudentia

The Kitty Soldier
Hello everyone!

I have an idea that is realistic with a bit of futuristic/superhuman aspects to it. I would like it to be as literate as possible with the writing, 3-5 paragraphs per post, active and constant posting, and extensive relationship and character building (be romantic or otherwise). However, combat is a huge part of this idea.

Each of you would be ONE character, with three of you being a second Government Scientist character. The sex of the characters should be equal with a first come first serve basis - I would be choosing one before hand (most likely a female character). I would like SEVEN others to join but might increase to nine others (eight to ten total). I would also like four (or five, depending on final count) to be good and the other half bad. I will explain further soon.

The idea can be compared to Captain America's powers and world but with a focus on humans with physical deficiencies, be it body parts missing or illnesses that render a part of the individual's body useless. Hence Prosthetic as the title.
The world dislikes, disapproves, and judges pathetic, weak, and low all those with deficiencies - naming them as an infection or wasted space.

Each of our characters is a part of this box of people but the government has an "underground" lab that created a program where it restores an individual's body with prosthetic parts/system. Our characters were offered a "second chance" - a chance to prove themselves worthy of living amongst the strong and saving the world by becoming prosthetic soldiers with immense powers in their unique Prosthetic part.
None of them know (yet) that this lab program had tried and failed once before, banishing four (or five) "broken" and "malfunctioned" soldiers away to another part of the city and naming the case as Classified/Top Secret. Four (or five) of us will be evil characters that already received their prosthetic parts but they have not become fluent with their power/part yet.
The peaceful characters have just received their prosthetic part, therefore are still learning to adapt to their new addition BUT they have the far more advanced prosthetic technology and are considered "pure". The evil ones can have cases of dysfunctional but strong occurences in/from their prosthetic part; still, though, an advantage of experience and knowledge.

The role play would follow a mission-style story line; we would dive right into the story. Each of you would choose ONE unique prosthetic - review of prosthetics and final acceptance done by me.
The four scientists actually consist of two evil and two peaceful but no one knowing this either. The evil scientists involving themselves with the peaceful ones to find the evil soldiers and make them even stronger with the new and advanced knowledge from studying and trials. Whoever plays as a scientist (three others, I will be one) will be informed of the evil scientists dark motives.

Important Notes:
- Equal parts male and female characters for this story. Same with scientists.
- Character profiles will be lengthy and detailed; be prepared to write and showcase your creativeness.
- One unique prosthetic per character (subject to change per character by my approval).
- Share your ideas of a prosthetic here so we can all see, and avoid duplications.
- Peaceful characters are on the younger side, between 14 and 19.
- Evil characters are on the older side, between 24 and 29.
- Relationships are great but keep it appropriate to all RPNation rules - combat is still key in this rp.
- The failed experiment on the evil soldiers was at least five years ago; my final decision on the years will be noted in the official rp thread.
- Activeness is important; I work during the week until the afternoon so I am most often active during the afternoons/nights, and weekends. Keep this in mind that everyone has their own schedule. But in order to join this, you need to be relatively active!

*The above can be changed, edited, and/or added to at any time by me (the official thread will have all final rules and notes/lore).
**I would like ONE other person to be the co-GM. If you are interested, please write a paragraph on why you are a great fit. PM me with this paragraph.

Thank you to all that show interest! :D Ask ANY questions here, please don't ask questions in PM. Please keep in mind not everything is written in stone yet, so I appreciate your understanding of any vague parts about this thread.

Last edited:
I was curious and wanted to run this by you, as it seems you wish for every person to have different limbs/areas prosthetic. I was wondering if it were ok for my character to have his prosthetic be from his elbow (let's just say left side to specificity's sale) to his hand, in a manner similar to cyborg from teen titans. My question lies in that would it be too much to have both the forarm and hand together as a prosthetic? As I figure having the whole arm may seem a little much , and not leave many other individual parts for others to use. I figure for my character the most basic outline for his disability would stem from a very isolated form of Epstein-Barr virus, which has gotten into his left arm through a simple cut( may change the infection method) that caused the virus to attack the neuron function in his left arm, and had ravaged it's way up to his elbow before treatment began to work causing the virus to be slowly eradicated. Well with the nerves being ravaged and destroyed by the virus, the team of surgeons and doctors had forgotten that nerves would begin to decay and rot causing Staphylococcus and Gang-Green to set in, which began eatting st his muscles and bones, which eventually forced him to have his forearm and hand removed. I'll be going into a lot for detail when I type out the skeletal work for the character but that was just a brief/quick overview of my idea? What do you think? Prudentia Prudentia

RIP me and my grapple arm idea... Nah, JK. I was wondering about how much of a person could be prosthetic, such as both of their legs that they might have lost in a horrible car accident or a good portion of their skin that got burnt off in a house fire.

Mendaian Mendaian I like it a lot! I will definitely accept an elbow and arm.

My character is going to have both her hands and wrists gone. The ability will be advanced technology in her fingertips and strength.

~~~~~~

So everyone can keep in mind that abilities and prosthetic ideas can range a lot. I don't want to limit anything yet until I hear more, such as the ability paired with the prosthetic.

Blaire Wisteria Blaire Wisteria I will accept the skin idea for sure! I think you should do that. I will accept two legs on one character depending on the ability.

It is possible people can have very similar prosthetics but their abilitiy will be far more unique.

Dumplingboy Dumplingboy Spectacular! Let me know any ideas you have. :)

Definitely interested. Can I play a non-augmented agent? Say the agencies representative on the team? Oh and when you say the government do you mean the us?

Mendaian Mendaian I like it a lot! I will definitely accept an elbow and arm.

My character is going to have both her hands and wrists gone. The ability will be advanced technology in her fingertips and strength.

~~~~~~

So everyone can keep in mind that abilities and prosthetic ideas can range a lot. I don't want to limit anything yet until I hear more, such as the ability paired with the prosthetic.

Blaire Wisteria Blaire Wisteria I will accept the skin idea for sure! I think you should do that. I will accept two legs on one character depending on the ability.

It is possible people can have very similar prosthetics but their abilitiy will be far more unique.

Dumplingboy Dumplingboy Spectacular! Let me know any ideas you have. :)
Coolio. The skin idea is really growing on me and I kinda want to have it be similar to what Senator Armstrong has in Metal Gear Rising: Revengance, but heavily toned down.

Definitely interested. Can I play a non-augmented agent? Say the agencies representative on the team? Oh and when you say the government do you mean the us?

Hm, not sure which government. It might be interesting if it was a different country. However, I really need the main characters and scientists filled before adding anymore. :/

My schedule is kind of all over the place, but I'm interested in joining. I can promise at least one post every 24-ish hours for the most part. As far as prosthesis, I had a few ideas:

1) Caught in a building collapse, her spine was crushed. Now her prosthetic spine gives her incredible reflexes, speed, and agility. (Code name Twitch)
2) When they injected the nanomachines to cure her hemophilia, the enhanced healing was an expected side effect, the simple weapons she could form from her own blood were ... less expected. (Code name Viscera)
3) A downed power line cooked her heart, but science gave her a new one, and this one is nuclear, and equipped with a photon cannon. (Code name Pulsar)
4) As a baby, they said her immune-deficiency would likely be fatal, but the synthetic white blood cells injected into her system can not only overcome any pathogen, but create them as well. (Code Name Blight)
5) Throat cancer took her vocal chords at just seventeen, and most of her ear drums too. Her prosthetic not only gave her the hearing of a safe-cracker, but the ability to generate debilitating sonic waves (Code Name Banshee)
6) Her bones were riddled with cysts, even just laughing could potentially shatter a rib. Now her bones are made of carbon fibre, just like her wings. (Code Name Rook)

Twitch, Pulsar, and Rook would be the good characters, while Viscera, Blight and Banshee would be evil.

The two I would most like to play are Rook or Pulsar, but I leave it to you to decide if any of them seem too powerful.

My schedule is kind of all over the place, but I'm interested in joining. I can promise at least one post every 24-ish hours for the most part. As far as prosthesis, I had a few ideas:

1) Caught in a building collapse, her spine was crushed. Now her prosthetic spine gives her incredible reflexes, speed, and agility. (Code name Twitch)
2) When they injected the nanomachines to cure her hemophilia, the enhanced healing was an expected side effect, the simple weapons she could form from her own blood were ... less expected. (Code name Viscera)
3) A downed power line cooked her heart, but science gave her a new one, and this one is nuclear, and equipped with a photon cannon. (Code name Pulsar)
4) As a baby, they said her immune-deficiency would likely be fatal, but the synthetic white blood cells injected into her system can not only overcome any pathogen, but create them as well. (Code Name Blight)
5) Throat cancer took her vocal chords at just seventeen, and most of her ear drums too. Her prosthetic not only gave her the hearing of a safe-cracker, but the ability to generate debilitating sonic waves (Code Name Banshee)
6) Her bones were riddled with cysts, even just laughing could potentially shatter a rib. Now her bones are made of carbon fibre, just like her wings. (Code Name Rook)

Twitch, Pulsar, and Rook would be the good characters, while Viscera, Blight and Banshee would be evil.

The two I would most like to play are Rook or Pulsar, but I leave it to you to decide if any of them seem too powerful.
Wow, what great ideas! I prefer Pulsar...I was thinking more on Rook and the wing idea, and I'm not too sure about wings. I dont mind maybe weird things being made from bones, such as claws like Logan's brother.

Wow, what great ideas! I prefer Pulsar...I was thinking more on Rook and the wing idea, and I'm not too sure about wings. I dont mind maybe weird things being made from bones, such as claws like Logan's brother.

Thank ^_^
I'm happy with a nuclear powered teenager, I'll put together a profile and send it in. I'm super excited to see how this turns out, seems like you've already drawn a great cast of players.

Thank ^_^
I'm happy with a nuclear powered teenager, I'll put together a profile and send it in. I'm super excited to see how this turns out, seems like you've already drawn a great cast of players.

I'm glad so many are interested! I will try to have a solid character sheet up along with the official thread up this weekend. I would love to get this going asap.

Well I was thinking of them working like a computer inside his head. Sort of like second, technological brain. His vision would be enhanced to be at least double an average human's sight. He'd have different softwares downloaded, like facial recognition. He'd be able to send message back and forth to computers and other electronics through thought. And I was thinking his eyes could have like a camera function too, meaning they take pictures and motion video.

So I guess rather than just saying his eyes were damaged, I'm kinda saying he had brain damage that affected his vision, so to restore that damage, they installed bionic eyes that function like miniature computers, or a small technological brain.

What do you think? Prudentia Prudentia

Well I was thinking of them working like a computer inside his head. Sort of like second, technological brain. His vision would be enhanced to be at least double an average human's sight. He'd have different softwares downloaded, like facial recognition. He'd be able to send message back and forth to computers and other electronics through thought. And I was thinking his eyes could have like a camera function too, meaning they take pictures and motion video.

So I guess rather than just saying his eyes were damaged, I'm kinda saying he had brain damage that affected his vision, so to restore that damage, they installed bionic eyes that function like miniature computers, or a small technological brain.

What do you think? Prudentia Prudentia

I like it but to keep it away from being op I wouldnt make brain and eyes...maybe take away an ability or so it is just his eyes affected. Might mean no major computer like functions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back