• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Prophetic - A Percy Jackson Roleplay

I sense a lot of originality in you guys XD

All former characters welcome, of course. I just like giving you all shit.
Sensational :P

I haven't played these demi-gods properly Q_Q

Not sure about my third demi-god :s

I'm increasing the number of campers to six per camp. I will be posting the accepted characters in the character thread on Friday, which is the deadline for characters to be submitted. Until then, any and all applications are more than welcome.

Son of Apollo (Roman Version) I will only have this one character. Is that ok for you?
Play On Words Play On Words
I'm telling you right now, he would not be invited on the quest. There's nothing about him that'd redeem his personality and his lack of fighting skills. You made him as unlikable as possible. Also, his power is not a godly power of Apollo, it's a power of Aphrodite, whether he has to sing or not.

Alright I made a few changes on his persona and abilities. Although I maintained his rude commentaries I gave him more depth of the why he is like that.
As for powers, I added other two and changed the first one a bit so it looks more Apollo like. Instead of controlling others, it just changes the opponents' emotions.
Also gave him a "weapon" of sorts that is more of an instrument.

Alright I made a few changes on his persona and abilities. Although I maintained his rude commentaries I gave him more depth of the why he is like that.
As for powers, I added other two and changed the first one a bit so it looks more Apollo like. Instead of controlling others, it just changes the opponents' emotions.
Also gave him a "weapon" of sorts that is more of an instrument.
Okay, here's the thing. Personality is the most important reason as to why a person is invited. Even a powerful person will not be invited if they're complete assholes. It doesn't matter WHY he does it, the fact of the matter is, if he's that unlikable, if he's that rude and shallow and narcissistic, nobody would like him, and nobody would invite him.

But if you can give me a good, realistic reason for him to be invited, you can keep him the way he is.

Our characters need to be invited to the quest? I did not know that oops xD But yeah it does make sense since we have a limited number of characters.
As for the reason here it is:

Although Harry is mean to others, that doesn't make him useless. On an important quest like this one people shouldn't decide to not bring others just because they don't have the ideal personality. It is how useful and how strong a character can be that should determine if he/she goes to a quest. At least, that is what Harry believes.

Harry might not be the most skilled fight of the camp, but that isn't necessary since other campers have already taken that role. In dark places, Harry is useful because of his power to make himself glow. If surrounded by a group of enemies, Harry can stun them for a short period of time, enough for others to kill the monsters or to escape (Harry can also do that). His main singing ability is useful for one single target or a small group of two/three members. That means that, even if Harry can disable an opponent for one or two seconds, it gives enough time for the other members of his team to kill the enemy or, at least, to do some damage. Also, Harry is good at reading expressions, meaning he can know if someone is lying or not, unless they are like pros at it.

A quick example of a character from the book: Everyone knows Clarisse isn't the most friendly person of the Camp. But no one doubts that she is a powerful ally on a quest right? The same goes for Harry. He has potential and can very well have his moments to shine during a quest.

Our characters need to be invited to the quest? I did not know that oops xD But yeah it does make sense since we have a limited number of characters.
As for the reason here it is:

Although Harry is mean to others, that doesn't make him useless. On an important quest like this one people shouldn't decide to not bring others just because they don't have the ideal personality. It is how useful and how strong a character can be that should determine if he/she goes to a quest. At least, that is what Harry believes.

Harry might not be the most skilled fight of the camp, but that isn't necessary since other campers have already taken that role. In dark places, Harry is useful because of his power to make himself glow. If surrounded by a group of enemies, Harry can stun them for a short period of time, enough for others to kill the monsters or to escape (Harry can also do that). His main singing ability is useful for one single target or a small group of two/three members. That means that, even if Harry can disable an opponent for one or two seconds, it gives enough time for the other members of his team to kill the enemy or, at least, to do some damage. Also, Harry is good at reading expressions, meaning he can know if someone is lying or not, unless they are like pros at it.

A quick example of a character from the book: Everyone knows Clarisse isn't the most friendly person of the Camp. But no one doubts that she is a powerful ally on a quest right? The same goes for Harry. He has potential and can very well have his moments to shine during a quest.

But Clarisse wasn't invited into a quest, she led her own, she always just tagged along.

In this Roleplay, as I've said, there will be an unofficial quest leader from each camp, which are already chosen. They will not be announced, and whoever has either been friends with those leaders or has proved themselves useful will be invited along.

The fact of the matter is, personality is a HUGE deal in that kind of situation. Yes, he has useful powers(Although you're going to have to reduce the amount of time he can glow. Two minutes in a fight is a very long time.), but if he can't get along with others, makes everyone feel like shit, thinks he's the best person ever, he simply would not be invited. Being mean to others does not make him useless, but it makes him to be not quest material.

Alright I will reduce the time. I believe glowing for 10 seconds is enough and 20 seconds is his maximum (I am talking about the Sun Skin, not the other glowing ability).
I can change the part so he doesn't make others feel bad for themselves, but I would like to keep his blunt commentary, since it would be a new persona that I never tried.
You said "has proved themselves useful" so I can always go by that instead of "being friends with those leaders". Would that be ok?

Alright I will reduce the time. I believe glowing for 10 seconds is enough and 20 seconds is his maximum (I am talking about the Sun Skin, not the other glowing ability).
I can change the part so he doesn't make others feel bad for themselves, but I would like to keep his blunt commentary, since it would be a new persona that I never tried.
You said "has proved themselves useful" so I can always go by that instead of "being friends with those leaders". Would that be ok?
His personality still has to be decent, and he still has to at least know and get along with people. He can be blunt and rude occasionally, he can be narcissistic and shallow, but he has to have another side, he has to be likable enough to be invited. That's why there are limited spots.

I suck at deadlines, so I'll be accepting any more Roman submissions until I go to sleep, if anyone wants to toss their name into the running!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back