Proper explanation

ONI

"Always Vigilant."
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I'm looking for a proper in-depth explanation of each of these sayings as i don't quite understand what they mean, or maybe i don't understand what exactly they entail/cover.

"Fade to Black"

I'm not all too understanding of this does it mean i literally write "Fades to black"? or am i completely not understanding this?

So far that's all I've seen that doesn't make sense to me

From Wikipedia: "A fade-out (also known as fade-to-black) refers to gradually decreasing the intensity of light until none is shining on the stage."

In movies it was also used to end a film or a scene of a film by causing the image to disappear and become dark because it was customary to close off light to the camera. If you watch movies from a few decades ago you'll notice it.

I think it can also be used in other situations, such as standing up too quickly and you feel light-headed or even blackout, to me it certainly could be described as "fading to black" visually. I'm sure it can be successfully used in other situations, and even as a metaphor, so depending on the context it can have many different meanings.

No, no - fade to black doesn't have to be a literal fade to black. It just means that you can IMPLY something, but you have to skip over the actual thing.

Joseph grinned back at his girlfriend, eyeing her form beneath him appreciatively. He felt as though every moment had been leading up to this...
Some time later, he lay panting next to her, laughing breathlessly. "Well, that was.... Hm."

Anomaly said:
No, no - fade to black doesn't have to be a literal fade to black. It just means that you can IMPLY something, but you have to skip over the actual thing.
Ohhhhhhhhhh right, this makes sense to me now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back