• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Project: SPARK (Pokemon RP)[Closed]

SapphireSkylines

It's been several years since the events of Gold and Silver. Team Rocket won and made the radio tower their base of operations. Most of Goldenrod City is Team Rocket territory which makes the city very dangerous to venture in. They are slowly taking over the rest of Johto, striking fear into the hearts of many citizens, from Johto and Kanto alike. Meanwhile, an heiress of a prestigious Pokemon company is funding a research project on a small island near the Whirl Islands. Not many know about it, but to those who do, they know it as Project: SPARK.

Project: SPARK is a research project with the purpose of studying the relationships of people and Pokemon. To do this, a research team made up of many different professionals was hired to study a group of different trainers, from mediocre to very skilled and powerful. The benefactor of the project, Cressida Thomas selected these trainers herself and no one really knows how she chose them or what really her intentions are.

For helping out with the research, the trainers are given luxury apartments on the island, an assortment of different facilities, from a swimming pool to a Pokemon battling arena, to facilities for their Pokemon. On top of that Cressida is giving all the trainers a lump sum of money after they leave the island. The research project seems pure and reasonable enough, but something seems very off. Is the research project what it claims to be, or is it something entirely different?
-----

Hey guys! Welcome to the interest check of my Pokemon RP. Basically you'll be playing as a trainer who was invited to be apart of this research project with their Pokemon. You can also play as a member of the research team but I'll get more into that in a bit. Here's some general rules, guidelines and expectations that I have for this RP!

General Rules

1. Please be active. I totally understand that real life should come first but please communicate with me if you can't post for awhile. I'd want you to post at least once every three days.

2. This RP is first come first serve, however I am going to seriously look at the character sheets and if I see a problem with your character sheet I will ask you to fix it.

3. The minimum post length is one paragraph.

4. This RP is LGBTQ friendly!

5. Please keep in mind the RPN rules and guidelines as well as proper RP etiquette.

6. Romance among characters is fine, but please keep rule 5 in mind. I don't want you to be in trouble with the RPN staff.

Character Guidelines

1. You can play as either a Pokemon trainer in the study group or a member of the research team.

2. If you decide to make a member of the research team, please PM me first before starting on your character sheet. I have story and plot stuff that I want to talk to you about.

3. Members of the research team include scientists, pokemon professors, doctors (human or Pokemon specialized), psychologists, and nurses.

4. You may have a Legendary pokemon on your team, but due to the plot and story please send me a PM and get an okay from me before working on your character sheet. You can only have one Legendary on your team and your character must have a good reason and backstory as to why they have a legendary.

5. Due to the potentially more darker themes in this roleplay I ask that your characters are 16 years or older.

If you read all the rules and are still interested in taking part, send me a message on this thread! Once I have enough interest drummed up I will make the character and OOC threads. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Im interested and do have a Trainer OC, that i would love to use here. She does not have a legendary pokemon, though, her team consists of non-legendary or mythics.

Im interested and do have a Trainer OC, that i would love to use here. She does not have a legendary pokemon, though, her team consists of non-legendary or mythics.

That's fine. If you decide to have a mythic on your team though then send me a PM. I'm using a few of my Pokemon OCs for this as well.

That's fine. If you decide to have a mythic on your team though then send me a PM. I'm using a few of my Pokemon OCs for this as well.
No her team is set and will not be changed. She's an oc I have since a long time and went through many changes as I and the games did, so I won't change her out of a whim. :)

It's my old Avatar, they transformed into my current profile pic. (Just like a Pokemon ;)

Hey guys! I just wanted to give you an update. So in this other RP I'm in, the GM left and dropped the RP on me. So if I end up running SPARK, that would mean I'd be running two RPs. That's a lot of work. And I don't think I could do it alone. However, if I had a co-GM, that would help me a ton so if anyone wants to step up to the plate then I'll go ahead and make the character and OOC threads. Thank you and sorry for the wait!

I'd be happy to help, but I did have a question, would Pokemon Go or at least the existence of the teams be okay?

Mobile, Pokemon Go.

Okay you're probably going to think I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist but I like to think that Pokemon Go's 'story' if you can even call it that happened several years before the events of Red and Blue. I like to think that Team Valor, Team Mystic and Team Instinct were.. kind of like the original evil teams, even though they weren't really evil just more morally grey. They were gangs who would take over gyms, cities, and fought for power which caused the Great Pokemon War in Kanto. Even though this is not canon and it's been debunked since Professor Oak was given a cameo in one of the Pokemon Go promos, but I like to think that Professor Willow was Professor Oak's mentor and that the Pokemon war had a lot of casualties, including Red's dad. I also like to think that Lt. Surge was a veteran in this war as well, most likely on Team Instinct.

So my short answer is yes, I do like to include Pokemon Go in the lore of what I do lol. Even though the teams wouldn't exist in the RP's timeline, they did exist in the past.

I volunteer!
Ooooof course you do.
Okay you're probably going to think I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist but I like to think that Pokemon Go's 'story' if you can even call it that happened several years before the events of Red and Blue. I like to think that Team Valor, Team Mystic and Team Instinct were.. kind of like the original evil teams, even though they weren't really evil just more morally grey. They were gangs who would take over gyms, cities, and fought for power which caused the Great Pokemon War in Kanto. Even though this is not canon and it's been debunked since Professor Oak was given a cameo in one of the Pokemon Go promos, but I like to think that Professor Willow was Professor Oak's mentor and that the Pokemon war had a lot of casualties, including Red's dad. I also like to think that Lt. Surge was a veteran in this war as well, most likely on Team Instinct.

So my short answer is yes, I do like to include Pokemon Go in the lore of what I do lol. Even though the teams wouldn't exist in the RP's timeline, they did exist in the past.
isnt that a matpat Game Theory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back