• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Project Myth OOC

Out of Character

Please talk to others here! Talk about the RP, get to know each other, establish character relationships, and more!
code/design by Fable Fable

Can't wait to see what gods others will choose!

Overall, I think everything is going to be interesting. Especially what kind of team composition we have.

Saw the interest check and this definitely caught my interest! Now to decide on what god I'd like to play.

She is referred to under many names like Macha.
-----
The Morrígan ("phantom queen") or Mórrígan ("great queen"), also known as Morrígu, is a figure from Irish mythology. The name is spelled Morríghan or Mór-Ríoghain in Modern Irish.

The Morrígan is mainly associated with war and fate, especially with foretelling doom and death in battle. In this role she often appears as a crow, the badb.[1] She is also associated with sovereignty, the land and livestock. She is believed to be a manifestation of the earth- and sovereignty-goddess,[2][3] chiefly representing the goddess's role as guardian of the territory and its people.[4][5]

The Morrígan is often described as a trio of individuals, all sisters, called 'the three Morrígna'.[2][6][7] Membership of the triad varies; sometimes it is given as Badb, Macha and Nemain[8] while elsewhere it is given as Badb, Macha and Anand (the latter is given as another name for the Morrígan).[9] It is believed that these were all names for the same goddess.[2][10] The three Morrígna are also named as sisters of the three land goddesses Ériu, Banba and Fódla.

She is associated with the banshee of later folklore.
-----
Celtic (Irish) Goddess of war, life, and death. Goddess of cunning, death, sheer physical force; protectoress in both battle and peace. Known as the Crow or Raven as she wore a cloak of RavenÆs feathers, often appeared as a Raven or Crow, Queen of Phantoms, and the Mother of Life and Death, she was honored at Lughnasadh or Samhain. Variants: Mania, Mana, Mene, and Minne.
---
Picking from multiple places, she is the actual god described as Macha in the second quote. The much confusion about her is how she wields a great deal of faces and identities.

She is referred to under many names like Macha.
-----
The Morrígan ("phantom queen") or Mórrígan ("great queen"), also known as Morrígu, is a figure from Irish mythology. The name is spelled Morríghan or Mór-Ríoghain in Modern Irish.

The Morrígan is mainly associated with war and fate, especially with foretelling doom and death in battle. In this role she often appears as a crow, the badb.[1] She is also associated with sovereignty, the land and livestock. She is believed to be a manifestation of the earth- and sovereignty-goddess,[2][3] chiefly representing the goddess's role as guardian of the territory and its people.[4][5]

The Morrígan is often described as a trio of individuals, all sisters, called 'the three Morrígna'.[2][6][7] Membership of the triad varies; sometimes it is given as Badb, Macha and Nemain[8] while elsewhere it is given as Badb, Macha and Anand (the latter is given as another name for the Morrígan).[9] It is believed that these were all names for the same goddess.[2][10] The three Morrígna are also named as sisters of the three land goddesses Ériu, Banba and Fódla.

She is associated with the banshee of later folklore.
-----
Celtic (Irish) Goddess of war, life, and death. Goddess of cunning, death, sheer physical force; protectoress in both battle and peace. Known as the Crow or Raven as she wore a cloak of RavenÆs feathers, often appeared as a Raven or Crow, Queen of Phantoms, and the Mother of Life and Death, she was honored at Lughnasadh or Samhain. Variants: Mania, Mana, Mene, and Minne.
---
Picking from multiple places, she is the actual god described as Macha in the second quote. The much confusion about her is how she wields a great deal of faces and identities.
Aw, already taken. It’s fine, I’ll go look for another one.

Finished my CS. Hope what I went with is fine. If anything needs changing, let me know.

Epyk Epyk where’s Conquedt/Pestilence’s pestilence power?
So Conquest/Pestilence's "power" isn't really like traditional like magical stuff. As conquest, she's more of a big political power, using her social skills and persuasion to gather minion and ultimately bring destruction. She does have a bow and arrows which she's fairly good at.

And btw, thanks for giving the new person that little tl;dr!

So Conquest/Pestilence's "power" isn't really like traditional like magical stuff. As conquest, she's more of a big political power, using her social skills and persuasion to gather minion and ultimately bring destruction. She does have a bow and arrows which she's fairly good at.

And btw, thanks for giving the new person that little tl;dr!
No problem. Though you’ll probably want to keep her as Conquest then. Adding Pestilence makes it confusing.

No problem. Though you’ll probably want to keep her as Conquest then. Adding Pestilence makes it confusing.
True, but as a backstory, the idea for her was that she teamed up with a group of scientists (minions) in human form to create a deadly and contagious disease, which she would eventually use to conquer the world with, as she doesn't really have a stepping stone besides the disease she made to conquer the world with. If it's still a little confusing for you or if you have any edits that you think would make her title less confusing, I'm more than happy to edit it!

True, but as a backstory, the idea for her was that she teamed up with a group of scientists (minions) in human form to create a deadly and contagious disease, which she would eventually use to conquer the world with, as she doesn't really have a stepping stone besides the disease she made to conquer the world with. If it's still a little confusing for you or if you have any edits that you think would make her title less confusing, I'm more than happy to edit it!
It’s fine, I don’t really have a problem with it.

Hey guys! Today, I will finish the Horseman of Death character and I will write the first post in the IC either later today or Tuesday, January 9th!

Hey guys! I really apologize, but unfortunately I will not be able to get the post up today. I mismanaged my time and I'm very excited to those with their characters done and wanting to post. I promise to have the first post up tomorrow, January 10th. Btw I'm on PST time if you were wondering. Sorry once again.

Epyk Epyk Will the first post go up tonight?
It actually just went up! It's mostly a summary of what happened with Hades and Hermes, but it sets up for your characters reactions and gives the characters to make relationships with others and make decisions! Go head there right now!

I'm LOVING the posts so far everyone! I'm trying to wait for everyone to post before I put up mine, but great job so far!

Yeah all the characters have been pretty great and distinct in the posts. I hope it's okay that I posted again to reply to Antihero's post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back