• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Project Freelancer: Through The Ranks

Arizona

Interacting with: Agent Colorado & New York (@Quillicious & @Dr Dovahkiin Church)

When the doors opened again, Arizona tilted her head to get a good look at the newcomer. Upsilon's humming ceased for a moment as it scanned the agent.
I believe this is Agent Colorado. Pi. Calmness. CQC. Magnetic Pulse. The one lumped in with Agent Alaska, yes? Correct.

She met his gaze unblinkingly, used to people leering at her, not only during her service but outside of it as well. A frown tugged on the corners of her lip as the agent introduced himself.
Agent Colorado has MPD, Upsilon? His records state so, yes.

"Agent New York," Glancing towards the senior agent for a brief moment before turning her gaze back to Colorado, Arizona raised an eyebrow, "was actually about to tell me what happened before you came in."

Arizona stiffened up when the man took her hand, bowing over it. Her brow twitched as she took her hand back, lips twitching into a polite smile. It's been ages since someone greeted her like that. She had been used to saluting as a way of greeting.

"Arizona. Pleasure to meet you." Her smile, however bright, did not reach her eyes at all. She could feel Upsilon humming louder from the back of her mind.

Yorky-

"Colorado went to see Alaska. Unlike some, I'm not sure they were conspiring, but orders are orders." Yorky said, sighing.

"Come on, have some humor! It's depressing enough here."

Pi appeared. Quill raised an eyebrow as he spoke.

'Don't mind his theatrics. He's rather...dramatic. Although he has his flaws, he is considered one of the most successful Agents in this program. We have just spoken to the Director, and he has rethought the punishment. Colorado now has to prove himself loyal to regain his status as a Freelancer Agent.'

"Lighten up. I don't have that many flaws. Weakness can also be strong in some situations. Anyway, a pleasure, Arizona."

He seemed unaffected by her actions. Again, his grin lit up his face once more. It seemed a recurring expression for him.

"Wouldn't you say?"

@Kibitzer

Last edited by a moderator:
Yorky-

"Hey, dude, I'm not hating for what you did with Alaska. You were just trying to talk to him, broguymanperson." Yorky said, doing a cartwheel.

@Kibitzer

Yorky-

"Wyoming… let me guess, he went up to you and called you a maggot-eyed cucumber-eared nut-brained traitorous lizards. I actually quite like lizards, by the way. Some of the outer colonies can cook up some very nice reptilian dishes." Yorky said. Then his voice dropped low. "But you know the Director does not think lightly of betrayel. Have you checked the Leaderboard recently?"

Arizona

Interacting with: Agent Colorado & New York (@Quillicious & @Dr Dovahkiin Church)

Mentions of: Agents Alaska, Delaware and Wyoming (
@ArisenMoon & @Daimao)

Arizona raised an eyebrow at Colorado then at New York, the corner of her lips quirking downwards as she asked
"Wait, so Agent Alaska is considered a traitor to the project now? I thought he was just AWOL?"

Upsilon, mind digging when I reintegrate you into the system? Not at all. Alright, thanks.

She tilted her head in greeting when Pi appeared. And when New York mentioned Colorado doing something with Alaska, Arizona couldn't quite stomp on her curiosity while there was only radio silence on Upsilon's end,
"What did you do with Alaska that made the Director consider you a traitor as well?"

Yeah, Upsilon, I'm really going to need that sit rep on what happened with Alaska, and apparently Colorado too. I must admit I find myself curious as to what happened as well.

Then she wrinkled her nose,
"Actually, you know what, I can find out about that myself. I need to shower. Good day to you both." Stretching her arms above her head, fingers clasped together as she exited the training room.

Arizona was quick to make her way to the locker room, pulling at Upsilon whose humming increased as it steeled itself for the eventual blackout. She was still unsure what goes on during the blackout, but Arizona was fairly certain it was reliving its greatest fears. Before she entered the showers, she inserted Upsilon's chip into the personalised datapads they were all given upon implantation, the hum of Upsilon as it booted up a welcome sound.

After a few minutes, Arizona emerged from the locker room, hair still dripping as she inserted Upsilon back into her implants, walking in the direction of the mess hall.
We good, Upsilon? Better than good. She could almost feel a smirk like gesture from the fragment. Her eyebrows raised by a fraction as she saluted a group of Freelancer soldiers that passed her in the hall. Found something juicy then? You should expect a retrieval mission for the Eta AI fragment and Agent Alaska's armor enhancements soon.

There was a moment of silence as Arizona processed that infomration.
I'll read more when we retire for today. And think you can check if we have another mission coming up first? You're assigned to work with Agents Colorado, Delaware, New York and Wyoming soon. It's a retrieval mission of sorts. What are we retrieving? An object designated as the Deathmask. I am uncertain what it is.

As Arizona busied herself with Upsilon, she slipped into the mess hall and made quick work of getting a meal, Upsilon giving her pointers as to which food was the most nutritious and which ones were delicious.
You did your homework. She commented as she sat down on one of the empty tables, beside a group of Freelancer soldiers who were trying - and failing - to not gape as Upsilon appeared in its wisp form in front of her.

I find it beneficial to make sure my host takes care of herself. Heh.

(God, I need to limit myself)

(Ok… we are skipping a few days in the RP, and we are now in a mission briefing for the Deathmask mission. We are not necessarily on the mission yet, just preparing.)

Yorky-

"Ok," Yorky said. "Our target, the Deathmask, is here," He said, pulling up a holographic 3-D map of a few buildings and tapping, making a red spot near the top of one of them.

Colorado nodded. It seemed easy enough. But there's always a catch.

"Anything else we need to know of? Defense systems, sentries, infantry placed there, stuff like that."

His gaze swept around the room, ligering on some longer than others. Especially Arizona. He frowned under his helmet at the thought of her researching him and his actions. He liked his privacy, but then again this might not be the best job for that. Unbeknownst to her, he sent Pi to watch her every interaction with the Freelancer system, and to try and steer her away from some things. He hadn't officially met her yet, so while the others were talking he held his hand out for her to shake.

"Hi. I'm the real Colorado. I heard about Quill before, and I'd like to apologize for his actions. He does that to everyone, but not everyone appreciates it."

"You better not mess this up for me, Col. I finally find a non-alien girl, so try not to screw it up, okay?"

@Kibitzer @Dr Dovahkiin Church @Daimao

Yorky-

"Oh, there are a lot of catches. Especially a lot of lethal ones!" Yorky said cheerfully. "They should be arriving on your data pads right about… now." He said as, on his helmet view screen, Phi pushed a virtual send button.

Agent Delaware leaned against the wall, fully suited up in his armor. He silently read his data pad as Achilles's hologram form "stood" on Delaware's shoulder.

"Agent Delaware would like to know what exactly this 'deathmask' is, or at least what he is looking for," Achilles said, his small arms crossing over his chest.

@Kibitzer

Arizona

Interacting with: Agent Colorado, Delaware & New York (@Quillicious, @Daimao, & @Dr Dovahkiin Church)

Arizona had been listening intently to the mission details with her helmet tucked underneath her arms, when Colorado held out a hand. She stared at Colorado's hand for a moment before Upsilon gave her a mental nudge. Then she sprung into action, shaking his hand briefly,
"Right, no matter. He didn't bother me too much anyway."

She set her helmet beside her and took her data pad while Upsilon busied itself with familiarising the mission details. Disappointment rolled off from Upsilon's niche in the corner of her mind when there were no further details as to what the Deathmask really was. A frown tugged on her lips as she surveyed the maps. She glanced around the room, meeting each of her teammates' gazes unblinkingly before raising an eyebrow,
"Am I to believe that we need to retrieve an unspecified objective from that height and through several - perhaps hundreds - of soldiers?"

Leaning forward, Arizona set her data pad on the table in front of her and clasped her fingers together,
"If anything, the size of the objective would be helpful if nothing else can be provided."

They went through lengths of making sure we only know of the name of the objective. Do you think they would provide the size of it? Arizona barely managed to keep herself from rolling her eyes. Wishful thinking, Upsilon. I know that it's only part of the challenge.

Yorky-

"Yeah, we do not know what the Deathmask is." Yorky said.

(Also, if anyone wants to get conveniently shot in the the throat, that would be great. Otherwise, I'll have Wyoming have that happen to him.)

Yorky-

"Eh, that would work, except for the fact that the Pelican would probably be destroyed on impact and the Deathmask is in the center of the building! But good idea, Colorado. You get a... B-!"

Yorky-

"Well, that would work for me. But mine only teleports my armor and whatever's in it." Yorky said, thinking. "But someone else does have a teleported that can teleport other objects, right? Is that one of you guys?"

"With some time, I can reverse engineer your suit and create another teleportation device, then modify it to teleport objects. I don't know if the Director will be happy about it."

@Kibitzer @Daimao

Yorky-

"Is that a rhetorical question? Because the Director isn't ever happy about anything." Yorky said, tapping his fingers cheerfully.

"He seemed pretty happy when-"

Pi appeared, blue with a slight green tinge in the middle.

'It would be advised to destroy the device after use.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back