• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Project Freelancer: Restoration

zCrookedz

The Z's are silent
Hello RPNation!!

So as many of you might know Project Freelancer is the name of a super elite team of mercenaries from the very popular show Red vs. Blue created by Rooster Teeth. The show is created by using the game Halo(1-4) to record a band of Simulation soldiers in one misadventure after another as they bumble across the universe. One of those misadventures included several members of the Project: Freelancer.

Now for those who do not know the Freelancers story, I will try and add a section of the RP to help catch those who wish to join up to speed. But THIS particular part of the story will be what happened AFTER Project Freelancer was terminated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Project Freelancer: Restoration

To the Director of Project Freelancer Division 42B of Charon Industries

Dear Director,

I wanted to take a moment to personally welcome you to the newly instated division of Charon Industries. Project Freelancer, as you might have already been briefed on, was formed in the hopes that we can not only create weapons that win wars, but also soldiers that win wars. You were chosen out of a small group of individuals for your time served in the UNSC, along with your scientific advances in your field. You should be very proud.

As it stands you are currently on a set budget and supply list. You will be given a folder of qualified candidates for Project Freelancer, all of which are the best of the best in the UNSC military. Once these candidates have been chosen, you may begin with their training. Field missions will be available for your team, in time.

The division is expected to be a success, however past incidents have tied our hands in limiting that amount of support that you will receive. Your second in command, Aiden Price, will be joining you shortly as your teams Counselor. Between the two of you, I believe that you can bring this division of Charon Industries great things. Therefore it goes without saying, do not fail me Director.

Sincerely,

Malcolm Hargrove

CEO & Chairman of Charon Industries

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO! Here is a little taste of what I have in mind. It will be original, except names of crucial characters and if events from the series are talked about. Now in this new and (hopefully) improved Project Freelancer, the use of AI has become extremely strict. AI will be available to the soldiers, but not right out the gate.

Also, specialization is going to be a key aspect here with teams, so it would be good to have a specialization in mind if you think you would be interested.

This it the first RP I will have created in RPNation so I hope I can do right by those that join. I'm pretty active so if you have any questions feel free to ask away.

zCrookedz said:
Hello RPNation!!
So as many of you might know Project Freelancer is the name of a super elite team of mercenaries from the very popular show Red vs. Blue created by Rooster Teeth. The show is created by using the game Halo(1-4) to record a band of Simulation soldiers in one misadventure after another as they bumble across the universe. One of those misadventures included several members of the Project: Freelancer.

Now for those who do not know the Freelancers story, I will try and add a section of the RP to help catch those who wish to join up to speed. But THIS particular part of the story will be what happened AFTER Project Freelancer was terminated.

Project Freelancer: Restoration

To the Director of Project Freelancer Division 42B of Charon Industries

Dear Director,

I wanted to take a moment to personally welcome you to the newly instated division of Charon Industries. Project Freelancer, as you might have already been briefed on, was formed in the hopes that we can not only create weapons that win wars, but also soldiers that win wars. You were chosen out of a small group of individuals for your time served in the UNSC, along with your scientific advances in your field. You should be very proud.

As it stands you are currently on a set budget and supply list. You will be given a folder of qualified candidates for Project Freelancer, all of which are the best of the best in the UNSC military. Once these candidates have been chosen, you may begin with their training. Field missions will be available for your team, in time.

The division is expected to be a success, however past incidents have tied our hands in limiting that amount of support that you will receive. Your second in command, Aiden Price, will be joining you shortly as your teams Counselor. Between the two of you, I believe that you can bring this division of Charon Industries great things. Therefore it goes without saying, do not fail me Director.

Sincerely,

Malcolm Hargrove

CEO & Chairman of Charon Industries

SO! Here is a little taste of what I have in mind. It will be original, except names of crucial characters and if events from the series are talked about. Now in this new and (hopefully) improved Project Freelancer, the use of AI has become extremely strict. AI will be available to the soldiers, but not right out the gate.

Also, specialization is going to be a key aspect here with teams, so it would be good to have a specialization in mind if you think you would be interested.

This it the first RP I will have created in RPNation so I hope I can do right by those that join. I'm pretty active so if you have any questions feel free to ask away.
I'll join, I love RvB to be honest from yesterday I started re-watching it.

Only thing I have to say is that, this would be classed as Fandom not Futuristic.

Bills352 said:
I'll join, I love RvB to be honest from yesterday I started re-watching it.
Only thing I have to say is that, this would be classed as Fandom not Futuristic.
You know, i was wondering about that but wasnt sure since technically its not RvB, but the Freelancer Project. But it totally makes sense for fandom as well.

zCrookedz said:
You know, i was wondering about that but wasnt sure since technically its not RvB, but the Freelancer Project. But it totally makes sense for fandom as well.
I can see what you mean but since its using parts of the canon story (and some characters) it's classed as a Fandom.

Hmm, I would be down for a little freelancer-esque action, and I know you'll definitely be one to make it interesting @zCrookedz So I am game for a tag when the RP goes up

:D Alright sweet @SwiftThunder!! Glad to see you again. Im hoping that If I can get just 2 more I will make the thread for people to start making their characters.

Ahhh! That's a shame. Well, if the others are still up for it, or if they eve nare around, OR if you can grab more, I'd be in ^^

So funny how I posted this almost a year ago and it's only now starting to attract Players xD . I will be honest with you guys, I have not given this much more thought since it seemed like it was going to be a flub. If people are still interested, I can pull the idea book a browsing and see about putting the story together ^^?

zCrookedz said:
So funny how I posted this almost a year ago and it's only now starting to attract Players xD . I will be honest with you guys, I have not given this much more thought since it seemed like it was going to be a flub. If people are still interested, I can pull the idea book a browsing and see about putting the story together ^^?
Oh man, I didn't even see the originial post's publish date in my excitement lol! Like I saw "Project Freelancer" And went like "Fuck yeah, let's do this shit." If you would do that, that'd be pretty awesome! I'm down for some brainstorming though.

Kibitzer said:
Oh man, I didn't even see the originial post's publish date in my excitement lol! Like I saw "Project Freelancer" And went like "Fuck yeah, let's do this shit." If you would do that, that'd be pretty awesome! I'm down for some brainstorming though.
lol I figured that probably was the case with many of those who have posted on this thread since. I might be still tempted to run this. ^^ Bout to leave work though so I will give it some thought and contact folks to see if they are still interested. Should say in the next 24hrs. with a link to RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back