Project Black IC

"I've handled worse than this. I can carry on but now both of my arms are useless." The avalon's eyes caught the bandages and he merely shook his head in response to the attempted first aid, " Don't bother. This has got to be cleaned and iodized first. Bandages are just going to be a temporary hold on it. Besides I don't think it'll get infected that quickly." Then again, Aeva was a soldier in the past, not a medic. He knew how do emergency first aid but when it came to injuries like this one, he always figured to just tough it out and let the doctors take care of later. He would rather get a mild infection then screw something beyond belief and lose an arm. The avalon looked down to his burnt limb and noticed that was actually black in some part, where the electricity struck the worst. 

"Why has nothing but insanity happened since I have arrived on this ship. This almost comparable to my time as a special operative. Only five times sloppier and four times faster. At least I got some down time then. Here, the hits just keep coming." Aeva let out a light chuckle before turning to Isaac with a tired look, " The cables are all ass backwards mech. It looks like a five year old put it together but it still works. The system is much the same but I started to crack it. There IS a method to the madness. We just got to figure it out."

@hootie0813

Isaac couldn't help but laugh, despite himself. "Yeah, I've been on some wild treks but this takes the cake, without a doubt."

He stored the roll of bandages back in his bag and glared over at the generator. "I noticed a bit of that while trying to put engine one back together. I think there's SOME sort of logic to it but it doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense. I managed to make it limp along by trying to go along with how it seemed to be wired."

With a sigh, Isaac picked up Aeva's tablet and handed it to him. Luckily, Aeva seemed to have dropped it before it could be damaged at all by the electrical shock.

"Well, if you're good enough to go on for a bit, let's try to get the power back online." He managed a relatively hopeful grin then turned to the generator with a silent prayer. As he attempted to rewire and adjust various bits, he would wait for Aeva's input on how it was affecting the system before moving on.

@shadowz1995

Last edited by a moderator:
"What's the human expression? I hate my life? That seems pretty accurate right about now for me." He replied as he grabbed his own tablet that Isaac was passing to him. The burnt limb coming in contact with the device cause an incredible amount of pain but it was still not comparable to the pain he felt after landing flat on his from the shock. Aeva was still feeling the large waves of pain reverberating through his person from the fall . 

Aeva kept a watchful eye upon the tablet but rather worked on supporting Isaac's faults and blunders so that he could figure the ship out without any problem. 

@hootie0813

(SSorry for the short post but need more content you know)

Jack had gone through a lot up until this moment, several of the events almost costing him dearly thanks to ‘the bloodhounds’ and now there was…

“Cardinal, of course. My services are at your disposal!” Jack offered, his voice kept low to mirror Adrian’s tone. Leaning forward the doctor placed a gentle hand on the man’s shoulder. “And it would be my pleasure to help a fellow crewmate,” Jack said, his eyes remaining steady as he surveyed his friend. “How many years has it been? And forgive me for the asking, but have you sought help from other medical services before our meeting?”  

From Adrian’s description, it was a chronic condition, but his triggers were unknown to Jack. In all honesty given Jack’s history, he had very little experience with mental illness with his interests lying elsewhere, a key factor in the Cardinal’s treatment.

However, with Val only just waking up, the ship crash landing and the un- invited hunters with their little ‘hold up’ in the dining area, Jack had become acutely aware of how much stress and potential triggers had occurred. Furthermore, even though the Cardinal showed no outward signs of anxiety now, this did not mean that he was in the clear. As far as Jack could remember, PTSD manifests itself in individuals differently… sometimes an attack would occur hours later by the simplest of gestures. Or the ‘straw which broke the camel’s back’.

His doubt and reservations towards the situation, however, were kept internalised with Jack’s facial expression remaining soft as he leant back on the work table. This would just have to be another bump in road which Jack would have to negotiate and it was the Cardinal, of all people. If Jack was even remotely superstitious, he would have perhaps taken this as a sign from god himself. But he was not and Jack smiled inwardly. 

Adrian shook his head when Jack asked if he had sought any medical help. " I have simply distanced myself from... stressful situations much like the one we found ourselves in just a few moments ago. That and rigorous prayer had been my guiding light for the better part of 30 years when I first joined the clergy. " Adrian paused and took a deep breath, trying to calm himself and his mind. " The battle that haunts me to this day happened some 40 years ago, and I've done my best to leave that life behind me, but perhaps running away from that day is only making it worse. " Adrian sighed, thankful that Jack was willing to help him and didn't think any less if him for it. "Do you think I should be medicated? Or should I just tell everyone and ask for their help?"

@Lokipi

Oh, Raven was loving the idea of skipping out off the ship and was ready to go play on Edison. With both Charlie and Dj on their side, nothing could really stop them, unless Ross found out before they were able to step off the ship. So she was all in for the idea. She nodded to both Dj and Charlie. "Edison it is. She told them as she agreed. Well more like she had brought up the thought they were all thinking before this conclusion. She looked over their bikes once more and then to her arm that was still in a sling. She really should head back to the med bay and see if there was more they could do to fix her up before their little adventure, but what was an adventure without some hurtles? 

Raven's attention shot over to the other two new members of the crew once Andrew spoke up. "Well if we want to go I think we should go now." He stated. Mathew nodded in turn as he crossed his arms over his chest. "I mean our brother will kill us, but that's along the same line as the captain wanting to kill all of us." Mathew laughed. 

Raven nodded with a sly grin on her face as she turned to Charlie. "Well, lead the way." She told Charlie. She would let Charlie do the leading as Charlie was the lead rider. But this fell more towards the fact that Raven had followed Charlie plenty of times and trusted her. Yeah they got into fights here or there, some worst then others, but Raven always did trust Charlie. 

Ross had a lot on her mind.... More than ever. It was hard for her to even think at this point as she walked down the halls heading towards the rider hanger. But she hadn't even gotten that far when Dax did his best to catch up to her. His words were a bit broken but they were with meaning. This made her come to a slow stop and turn to face him directly. Her face went from stone to a slight twist in sadness. Dax was the only person she would really let see this. But it already had been a rough day.... Too rough. And it was getting to her slowly.

"It's not your fault." She told him as she nodded a bit. When adrenaline kicks in there is only one way to work with it.... Use it as your main drive as best as you can. But the more she let her thoughts trail back to what happen, the more she felt that she was also in the wrong. They worked as a team... A good one really. But when danger struck Ross was more worried about Dax getting hurt and in turn she now realized that he was thinking the same thing, he was worried about her too. 

From this point they could only move forward. "I'm sorry too..." She stated in a slight whisper. It was hard for her to apologize all together, but this was Dax. And Dax had been at her side through thick and thin. 

The thought of heading to the bike hanger was now far from her mind. More pressing matters were now standing in front of her. She almost lost their home over a promise she broke. But she broke that promise due to the events. She looked to Dax in hopes he could read her mind of her thoughts. She knew he couldn't but he was smart and sometimes could read her like a book. 

Val watched as most of the room started to clear out. She even noticed that Rem, one of the new guns had left sometime in the mix of everything. She watched as Shin stayed quiet with his back turned to everyone in the room and frowned a little. She wondered why he had gotten so touchy about this place. But she knew not to pry when it came to Shin. Instead her eyes followed Adrian and Jack for a short while until she noticed that Sarah was still in the med bay after her father and Aeva had left. 

She looked the little girl over and smiled to her trying to distract her mind a bit. She was happy to see that Sarah was ok. "Looks like you get to stay with us huh?" She asked the little girl. Val didn't really have any ideas as to how to change the mood in the room... It seemed to shift on it's own. Well more like she looked over when she heard Shin move about. 

She watched as he got up from the bed and pulled the blankets tightly around himself. "Shin where are you going?" She asked. 

Shin sniffled a bit as he continued to tighten the blankets around him. "I'm going to my room." He uttered as he started to leave the med bay, he took his tablet Ross had left on the table by the door. His voice had a slight bitter tone to the utter. The bitterness in his voice made Val frown deeply as he left. She glanced to Adrian and Jack before looking to Sarah. Once more she was at lose for words. 

Rem had the thought of following Aeva and Issac but he was still new to the Gallion and how big it was. One could get seriously lost and die on this ship. All the twists and turns left Rem seriously lost at this point. But a slight sound of voices came from one of the hallways. His attention focused on them and trying to calculate the echoes on the metal Rem started to wander off in hopes to find the others. It took him sometime but he found them non the less... And it seemed like he had shown up a bit late. The angel looked worst than before and Issac was messing around with some wires in a box. 

He wasn't sure exactly what they were trying to do... But just the looks on their faces told him that they had no idea what they were doing. "I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that this ship is fucked up." Rem shrugged as he looked about the room they were in. He didn't know much about ships or engines, but he could tell that everything on this ship didn't look like it was meant to look... His eyes caught sight of something that looked like a broken and beaten up toaster, but even the toaster didn't look like a toaster. 

"Was this ship made in a junk yard?" he asked as he made his way over to the two. 

Once out of the med bay Shin started to make his way to his room when the silence of the ship really struck his attention. It had already been there, but now it was eating at him. His eyes looked down at his tablet and before he knew it he was looking over the status of the ship. Very little power was running through the Gallion at this moment. It mostly was just his back up for his systems for the ship and it's conditions. No real air was being pumped into the corridors or hangers, the engines were offline, and Shin was starting to feel another chill as the heating systems were cut off. 

His shoulders dropped as he made it to his room. Placing the tablet on his bed he made his way to his closet where he could find warmer clothing. Of all places.... They had to be on Edison. The one place he told himself he would never come back to... And for good reason. 

Shin changed into dry heavy clothing. Something to keep him warm as he made his way back to his tablet. The ship wasn't going to fix itself and with new people working on her..... They wouldn't even know where to start. Shin narrowed his eye and tilted his head as an alert flashed over his screen. A small grumble slipped through his lips as he looked over what had happened. His head dropped with a bit of frustration. They were lost as to how to bring the Gallion back to life. He should be resting..... And he ended up throwing away his half of the ship... But deep down... This was still his ship. He created it's complex system from nothing, with nothing. He hated to see her struggling like so. 

With that thought burned into his mind he would skip his well needed rest, only to restore what he could with the Gallion. He went to leave his room and paused as he fought away a bit of dizziness trying to prevent him from his girl. He needed her more than she needed him. 

With that Shin left his room and headed for the bridge. He would first need to restart the whole system from the heart of the ship. 

The techie and mechanic duo were doing their damned best. It was hard to piece together the inner workings of the generator but it eventually started to give a slight increase in power output without the horrible fluctuations from before. That meant they were taking some steps in the right direction. It had been trial and error trying to fix the damn thing but it was finally starting to come along. "We're coming along mech. Its starting to come back from the dead." 

Moments later, one of the ship's hired guards poked his head in and briefly their eyes met. Rem gave the avalon a quick once over and apparently came to conclusion that he had been injured worse than before. In a mute response, Aeva lifted his left arm to show his burnt and charred skin with a look of increasing annoyance. "Fucked doesnt even begin to describe." The avalon stated in response to the guards question.

As the avalon lightly flitted across his screen, checking multiple systems at once, he couldn't help but notice the reactor's fluctuations altering in response to the increased power output. Aeva had no idea if that was a good thing or a bad thing. "Isaac. Reactor is fluctuating again."

@NovaNovass

@hootie0813

DJ giggled maniacally as everyone seemed to be on board with the escape. The group slipped out and headed for the main hanger in a brisk walk, constantly checking over their shoulder to make sure that no one was behind them. After speeding down the hallways they finally reached the hanger, and to DJ's delight they hadn't been caught door was still wide open; although he was fully confident that neither of those things would happen. 

Stepping off the gallon, DJ felt the warm breeze hit his face. It had been months since he was planet side and he had gotten used to the stale, unmoving air that space stations and ships offered. He admitted to himself that one of the few downsides of flying around in space all the time is how much he missed the simple things like the breeze, the fresh air, and the smell of trees. But the longer he went without these things, the more he appreciated them. Besides, being planet side always reminded him of home and brought back swarms of happy memories which always put him in a good mood. 

"Shall we?" He asked the pair of girls and the brothers.The city wasn't very far from where they were, a mere five minute walk, but even from where they stood at the base of the ship they could hear the music and see the extravagant light of the brightly lit buildings and signs. The occasionally firework went off, lighting up the whole sky with n array of colours. It was quite a sight, especially after being in the blackness of space for a while.

Reaching the base of the city, DJ couldn't help but smile, of course. He had been to Edison a few times, but it's pure awesomeness never failed to leave him breathless. On the streets were crowds of people walking up and down the sidewalks, weaving between them were security, entertainers and people scalping tickets for shows. Right next to them a fire and sword eater set up shop and began there show. There were people dressed in ridiculous costumes selling their products and mini gambling stations right on the street. Shady characters targeted tourists promising them money and riches. On the buildings were large screens that ran ads for shows and races. There was so much going on in one small place, and Daniel was so excited that he couldn't decide what their first activity should be; he wanted to do everything at the same time. 

"Ok guys, what should we do first?" He smiled brightly. 

Dax 

No words were needed for Dax to recognise his friend’s pain, his dark eyes soaking in every minute gesture Ross offered him. The frustration, worry and fear of the past few hours revealed in the woman’s posture: shoulders tight, back straight and her jaw line tense. Even her lips betrayed the fatigue and turmoil, the familiar contours of them thinned as she pressed them together. The apology almost seeming superfluous now that Dax had his friend stood in front of him without the sound of alarms screaming around them.

At the fringes of his imagination, images flickered, igniting a slow, burning sensation somewhere within the man’s core as he met Scarlet’s telling gaze. Yet Dax couldn’t identify this emotion, which only led to confusion as he struggled to grasp for reason. Trying to push past this, Dax fell onto tradition, relying on his actions to speak louder than his words.  

With a slow flick of his wrist, the Elsangan’s index and forefinger was pulled over his lips before gesturing to Scarlet. It was an expression which had almost been lost to the history but was one which relayed not only respect but a profound admiration. He recognised his own difficulties in the slow, drawn out apology from Ross and for the time being, all hurt was forgotten.

Reaching forward, Dax grasped Ross’ head, cradling it in his palm as he brought his forehead to touch hers. The slow, unidentifiable, burning emotion growing stronger as his skin touched hers.

“No apologies.” Dax began, “You do not need to justify your actions here. Not now. You made the right decisions… my friend. I – the rest of the crew too – understand.” Dax assured. “Even Shin. You did everything I would do, and more, to ensure the safety of our home. Even risking your own safety and position.

Releasing Ross’ head, Dax remained stooped to meet his captain’s sombre gaze, before offering a toothed grin. “That is why I, and your crew, follow you. But right now. I would quite like to follow you to the kitchen. I do believe we need a drink.”

It should be noted, that in this moment, it took all of Dax’s strength to resist saying ‘I told you so’.

Charlie 

Charlie stood, for the first time, in silence as she soaked in the scene, loud music filling the air whilst the crowd pulsed with activity. She had spent her adolescence waiting for this very moment but until now had always presumed it would be nothing more than just a dream. A fantasy of a simple rider with little money to spend on anything but a couple of meals and a few ‘do-it-yourself’ parts for her bike. But here she was. Fireworks literally lighting up the sky around her as she gazed up at Edison. Oh how she had come a long way from the simple, ocean-kissed beaches of her home world.

For a few brief seconds, Charlie lost her balance and had to lean against DJ, as she regained her footing in reality. She was actually here. Oh man. Someone pinch her. She was actually on Edison. Hot, smelly, sin-ridden, magnificent Edison.

“..ould we do first?" DJ’s voice cut through the buzz of the crowd,

“Huh?” Charlie asked, blinking back stars, as she trained her attention back to her group, her cheeks turning pink and beginning to ache from a Cheshire cat grin now plastered across her face. “Oh. Right. Erm.” She stammered, glancing back at Raven, Michael and Andrew. She was technically in charge, but right now, she was a useless as a chocolate fireguard. “hmmm. Shop? We need parts and maybe it would be best to grab the stuff now before we get caught.” She reasoned, a little surprised at her ability to logic at this moment.

“Only a matter of time before either Ross, Dax or Shin notice our absence. So we need to make the most of it while we can.” She continued, almost as if she was trying to convince herself…. “Unless…anyone wants to go see what race is on?” the question tripped off her tongue in a light, innocent tone.

Jack 

“Ultimately, the choice is yours. The medication I can offer you, you must bear in mind, will not take or heal your troubles, but rather mask it.” Jack began, leaning back onto the empty work bench. “Given that. It might, perhaps, be better to approach the crew. I can attempt to act as your council on this, but my usefulness will be limited.” This last bit came with a heavy sigh, Jack’s eyes fixed onto a limp, empty blood bag which lay at their feet amongst the other medical litter.  

“I understand that some scars from the past are hard to forget, Adrian.” Jack continued, his voice strained but remaining smooth. “But remember that if you spend all your time looking back, you’ll have no time to look to forward.” Taking in a steady breath, Jack looked to Adrian with soft smile.  “If I were you, I would make use of what is around me, and one shoulder to lean on is not something to ignore. Multiple shoulders, even more so.”

“But, if I may be so bold, I would suggest in being careful who to share with. Some people may not be able to offer sage advice, or even be understanding to your circumstances.” Every war has two sides. Jack straighten, dusting down his creased waist coat with delicate flicks of his wrist, “If you find things becoming too much though, do not hesitate to ask. I am sure I can help you find some rather soothing herbal tea which will help you rest.”

The man nodded this, before gesturing to Val.

“I believe our good doctor would agree. After all, I am simply the hired help.” A laugh tripped off Jack’s tongue, a somewhat jovial interval in the sombre conversation. Placing a hand on Adrian’s shoulder, the nurse than steered the Cardinal towards Val’s bed, greeting his boss with “Good morning, Val. I’m so glad you have decided to join the realm of the living. How’s that head of yours, Hmm?”

@SleepyBuddha

Andrew 

Mathew

Raven

Edison was like none other. The streets were paved with red sand and the covered with all sorts of stature. Races of all kinds scattered around the busy streets, just like the mixture of all kinds of music. The buildings were old and run down but still full of life and functional, no matter the conditions. The streets were overly crowded even for the small area the crew was in. They had yet to even get close to the main cities or the more popular areas well known on Edison. 

Mathew let his eyes drift around a bit more as they walked. He couldn't help but notice the scenery but something else struck his eyes.... The sin. Men and women all carried weapons, well, they were well hidden to the untrained eye, but still there woven into the fashion. Andrew was on the same page as Mathew but had noticed the large amount of sexual acts, or the things that lead up to it. A few times he had redirected Raven from an wandering hooker. His motions were ever so simple. All he had to do was point, and say, "What's that?" Then while Raven and the others were distracted he would shoo off the wandering woman or male. 

Mathew grumbled a bit as the two trailed at the back of the group. "It's a bit more than what I had expected." Mathew stated quietly to Andrew. Andrew just nodded. Yes this was a playground, but most of it was a bit much. 

Raven still looked around with wide eyes, like a child in a candy store. She held on tight to Charlie with her good arm. "Oh my god this is so amazing!" She exclaimed as they came up to a new and larger street. 

The group had been walking for sometime, they had even placed some good distance between them and the Gallion. Raven wasn't sure what they should do first. She knew it would be best to find parts for their bikes, but at the same time she really wanted to just run around and see everything. But she had to settle on something for now. She pointed to an otherwise large old building. Posters and graffiti covered the outer walls of the store, and the windows were bared up and locked. The only way in or out was the open garage door at the front of the building. "There's a bike shop." She pointed. 

Rem

Rem wasn't even sure as to where to begin. He looked around and noticed that there were parts all over the place. Most looked like they had yet to even be used or hooked up to the ship. Rem leaned down and picked up one of the old looking parts. "Does any of this even belong on a ship?" he asked. Rem scratched the back of his neck as he looked over the other parts lined up along side of the walkway. He placed the piece back down before standing up and looking back to Aeva. He himself had no clue, but from their comments and the way that they were working, Rem could tell that Aeva and Issac had no clue either. 

"Is there anything I can help with?" he finally asked. Rem could already feel the regret forming in the back of his throat after stating the question. 

Just as he had finished his words and placed his hands on his hips he jumped at the sound of something sparking behind them in the corner of the room. He looked over just in time to see another part of the ship short circuit. Rem blinked as to how fast the ship was rejecting it's functions. It was slowly turning into a death trap.  

Ross

Ross couldn't help the sigh of relief that escaped her lips at this point. No matter the situation Dax always knew what to say and how to say it. With everything that had been going on Ross was sure to be unaware of what was to come. But for now she gave Dax a soft smile and nodded to his offer of a few drinks. With the crew set on recovery and the Gallion in some serious need of attention, this would be the first moment in a while for her to relax and think. And she would need some time to think. 

As they walked she would keep quiet until they reached the kitchen. She found herself a seat at the table and once more let out another sigh. She shook her head as she trailed over her thoughts. She could handle a crash landing, or even a roughed up crew, but Shin's words strung through her head. As soon as he found out that they were one Edison he claimed the Gallion for himself. This spoke a lot about him, maybe a lot more than she knew. After working with him for five years, the first chance he got he ripped the ship from her hands. Even if he had given it back.... And forfeited his half, it was the thoughts behind it all.

"I hired on more crew members, knowing well that we can't afford them, crash landed on Edison and almost lost the ship to Shin of all people." Ross stated softly. She rubbed her temples a bit. Even with the worry lifted a bit off her shoulders, she would still need to talk these things out. She couldn't even come to terms to the new information they had discovered about Shin. She wasn't able to believe the thought of Shin being the racer Edison. To her the idea was too wild to believe. 

The street they had ended up on after walking for a fair amount of time was not the best that Edison had to offer. As a result of Daniel's debatable leadership, they had somehow travelled further and further from the main part of this city until they could occasionally see the flash of the enchanting lights emitting from the tops of buildings. Even the music had faded to a distant thud. 

"Well, it's a little seasoned," DJ scratched his head and stared at the old building Raven pointed at, "but that probably means it has character." With a reassuring smile to his fellow adventurers he walked in the front door without a shred of doubt in his mind. It seemed perfectly safe to him, after all not every building in Edison had to be glamorous and fantastic. 

The inside of the shop wasn't much different than the outside. It was very poorly lit with many dark areas of the shop, it also had a variety of questionable advertisements strewn all over the walls between bike parts, and there was a very strange smell that Daniel couldn't quite identify. The only thing the shop had going for it was the large variety of parts that lay before the group, though the quality as well as the way they were acquired was controversial. However these thoughts never crossed DJ's mind and he fully believed that this was a honest store with honest values, otherwise they would have been shut down... right?

Behind the counter was a man who so very closely resembled the grimy and disorganized backdrop that DJ almost skimmed over him with his eyes assuming he was part of the store himself. The only sign that he was indeed a living being was the fact that he was reading a newspaper. 

"Good sir, we seemed to have damaged some of our bikes and are looking for some quality parts" He flashed the man a charming smile and leaned against the counter from which he hid behind.

Without even pulling his nose out of his book the man grumbled and waved them away, "Feel free to look around." 

DJ turned back to the others and shrugged his shoulders, "Alrighty then, I guess we'll look around." He walked towards the centre of the rather large shop and started skimming the racks for parts. Aside from the Gallion group, there were only a few other ominous characters wandering around the store which left lots of room for the tall and clumsy DJ to maneuver. 

"So what is it we're looking for ladies?" He asked the girls as they started to weave through the isles of parts. Fortunately he wasn't completely lost and knew roughly what he was looking for if Charlie or Raven described it to him. Years of piloting had made him familiar with basic mechanics. 

Once inside the store Raven couldn't believe her eyes. The place was a dump, but an organized dump. As she looked around she could tell the parts were old and out of date. Most looked like they had been used a few good times before being placed on the shelf. She looked over her shoulder to see Andrew and Mathew wandering around the store like Dj. She could tell they didn't know much about bikes, or the kind of tech and parts a Rider would use. But she did notice that they had some kind of idea. 

She on the other hand. She could recall all the things she knew and then some. She smiled a little when she came across a pipe made for the accelerators. She looked it over and found the company it was from. "Astro tech?" She questioned. She looked it over some more before placing it back down. She thought she had heard the name before, but had never really seen or heard of anything from that company. She paused when she noticed a ripped poster on the wall. Her eyes went wide as she saw the name at the bottom. "Edison...." She could see the feet of the racer on the poster but the upper half was falling over. She reached out with her good hand and flipped the post up. 

Raven frowned when she realized more of the poster was missing. She was so close to seeing who Edison was. She was able to see from his shoulders down. His arms crossed over his chest and his bike in the background. Raven still looked over what she could. She thought Edison would be... Taller maybe. In the poster he looked a bit short... and skinny... She blinked a bit as she tried put some things together in her mind when she remembered the model of the bike. It was one of his first bikes and if she was right that meant the racer was still very young. 

Mathew and Andrew looked around only for a short while before becoming bored a bit. Mathew trailed off walking over to Charlie and Dj, while Andrew made his way over to Raven. 

"What you got there?" he asked holding up the poster more against the wall. He took good look at it and smiled. He then too frowned. "Would have been cool to see him, even better if we got to see him race." Andrew shrugged. 

Raven nodded. "Would have." She sounded down, maybe even a bit upset. 

"Maybe they have more posters?" Andrew smiled. Andrew turned on his heals and looked over to the man at the desk. "Do you have any more Edison posters?" Andrew asked. 

The old man still failed to look up from his reading. "That's the only one I got." The man stated in a very grumpy tone. 

Andrew frowned a bit and looked back to Raven. "Maybe another store has them?" He shrugged. Raven shrugged back, "Yeah but how much time do we have?" She asked. 

That all together was a great question. 

"I think there might be a market nearby," DJ chimed in after eaves-dropping on Andrew and Raven, "I think it's open during the night, too, so we're in luck. Gotta love being on the planet that never sleeps, eh?" He laughed and picked up a large hunk of metal. Analyzing it he tossed it in his hand, pondering Raven's question, "You know, we probably still have loads of time. They had a lot on there hands when we left." DJ figured they would probably still be dealing with the half frozen shin and worrying about the injured passengers and crew rather than be looking for the five of them. 

"Are you gonna buy anything, or what?" The man behind the counter asked rather impatiently. They had only been in the store for five minutes, there was no need to rush them or to be grumpy about it. DJ felt a slight twinge of annoyance, he wasn't a fan of grumpy people, and better yet he still hadn't made eye contact with any of them and DJ began to wonder how it was possible for a book to be that interesting. He made a note to ask him what the book was called so he could read it and see what all the fuss was about. 

Putting the chunk of metal down, DJ looked at the distraced shop keeper, "We haven't decided yet, we're still just looking' around." He said pleasantly. Despite being annoyed, he still felt the need to be polite. He peered at Charlie over one of the aisles. 

"Anyway, what do you say? Buy some parts and hit the town?" He beamed at her hopefully.  

The way the blood smeared his tablet began to irritate the winged alien in ways that he never knew his own creation could. It kept on like this until the ex-soldier yelled in frustration and bolted upright from his spot on the floor. "The reactor is stabilizing. For now at least but we still have a thousand other problems and I can't think straight while I am THIS pissed off. I'm going for a walk. I need some air."

Truly, the avalon did need air. Fresh air, not recycled air, did wonders for Orthlinian biology. Aeva made his way through the maze of destruction that was the Gallion and once again, marveled at how they were able to keep this thing from exploding in midair and how DJ was able to land the damn thing with the state it was in. Unbelievable.

Eventually, the crimson winged man found the exit hatch and promptly popped out when a much needed breeze passed over his skin. A shudder ran through his body at the feeling of natural air flowing through each individual feather on his wings. The air was not as clean as he'd like but then again, with how densely populated this planet appeared to be, it wasn't a surprise. Still, there was no air cleaner than the air of his homeworld. The thought of breathing in that pure, crisp air sent pangs of homesicknesses through the special operative. It had been a very long time since he had seen them. He had been on the run the whole time after all. 

Aeva opened his scarlet eyes and began scanning the ship's surroundings. It looked like one of those planets that supposedly "never sleep". He had never seen one but it didn't look like this bustling activity would ever cease.

Speaking of activity, Aeva's eyes zeroed in on some of the crew from the Gallion. They had popped into a store and looked like they were about to leave. Several hundred meters away and Aeva could see them as if they were right in front of him. Avalon eyesight was such a godsend sometimes. 

The man hopped down to the surface and walked over to where he saw them, having memorized the pathways from the brief moment he saw them while scanning the streets. It took a few minutes but he eventually arrived to the store the escapees were in and Aeva merely posted outside while they did their shopping on the inside. 

He had to admit, the looks Aeva was getting were getting more and more troubling. At first it was just awestruck staring. Then it evolved to curiosity in some. Greed for others. The ones that thought about how they could sell an Avalon slave for a high price were not wrong at all. But they certainly picked the wrong target. The avalon stared, openly, at the thugs until they averted their gazes and shuffled off. Little did they know that their faces were memorized in the instant Aeva noticed them.

Aeva raised his crispy arm and examined it carefully with a foul grimace. That was going to take some time to heal. So was his other arm but at least when that one healed, it would mean flying time again. He could take Val on that trip he promised her. She did deserve it after all. 

Charlie 

Charlie had been riding on cloud-9 for the entire stroll, too busy being wooed by the shining lights, and the distant drum of music to take note of the worn clothes and hard-etched faces which pasted her in the streets. She was living the dream of every single soul she had trained with back in the flight academy and nothing was going to bring her down. Bar the overwhelming worry of Ross’ rage crashing down on them, but that was for future Charlie to smile her way out of.

In fact, Charlie remained blissfully ignorant of her surrounding until their small party entered a faded and tattered parts shop, where sheen was wiped away to be replaced with the earth smell of rust and grease.

At a glance of the merchandise offered, Charlie noted the tell-tale signs of ‘acquired’-goods. A few scuff marks here to make the registry numbers questionable with a ‘6’ here, made to look like an 8 there, or ‘1’ a ‘7’. Other scuffs and etchings also dragged up unwanted memories from her somewhat questionable past, making Charlie gulp drily. Yet despite the horrendous dry mouth these flashes caused, at least they gave her the experience and good sense to instantly write off the idea of buying anything here.

Besides, in places like this, it was unlikely they would find anything of real value. At least, not if they were running the business correctly. Anything with real punch would have been siphoned long before the words ‘sell’ and ‘shop’ were thought about. The real money was in the races and winning them.

Giving a half-toothed grin at the sells-man, Charlie picked up an ignition coil and inspected the piece with a critical eye. Even a novice could note that the tension leads had been cut short, the wires stripped for valuable conductors. “Huh.” Charlie breathed. “A crappy, boarder-line dangerous part with a similar abode. Nice.” Charlie sighed under her breathe, rubbing a tired hand over her eyes as she dropped the piece of junk back onto the table. Yep. The scales were dropping and a little too quickly for the rider’s tastes.

“Buy some parts and hit the town?” DJ’s light note tugged at Charlie’s attention, the girl flicking her gaze up at her friend with a grin, before quietly shaking her head and jabbing a thumb over her shoulder towards the door.

“Well. I’m spoilt for choice but this heat is makin’ me dizzy. Think we need a drink so I can decide.” Charlie replied with a nodded to the oh-so proud-shop owner. “Thank you and we’ll see you later.” Charlie waved, as she reeled around and waved to Raven, Mathew and Andrew. “Drink, guys?” She repeated, ignoring the owner's annoyed grunts as she moved towards the door. “Maybe one near the markets, so we can maybe grab a glance at the legend himself?”  The sooner Charlie got out here and stick her grubby past behind her, the happier she would be.

@Khaz, @NovaNovass

Dax 

Dax appeared from the kitchen moments after Ross had seated herself, a half empty bottle of whisky in one hand and two glasses in the other.

Placing himself opposite his friend, he mulled over Ross’ words and the recent on goings in stony silence while pouring them both a drink. ‘Action packed’ was one way to describe the recent events, but ‘utter disaster’ was equally tempting.

“Well, at least we’re still breathing. I for one take that as a flying success.” Dax offered, as he pushed the captain’s glass toward her. “And with minimal casualties.”  With that, the man lifted his cup to Ross in a silent toast before taking a greedy swig, flooding the warm, bitter-sweet liquid across his tongue. Dax fought not to grimace and cough as it hit the back of his throat. Of all the drinks the humans introduced to the verse, whiskey was one which the Elsangan had yet to acquire a taste. With a laboured swallow, Dax sucked in a large breath before putting his glass down and eyeing Ross with a cool gaze.

“The crew is fine, Ross. Money or no.” He grimaced this, as he factored in the potential costs for repairing the ship, “And we have some options. We have a couple of scavengers with some pretty high-tech stuff. Someone of their calibre might have a bounty on their heads…if not, we can still sell their equipment.” He shrugged at this. He knew little about stasis pods but he could only presume that something that big and complex was worth a pretty penny or two to the right source.

“As for Shin,” Dax trailed off a little as he recalled the navigators hast to take the ship from Ross and the cool, calculating gaze the man had given them all. “He’s always been a complicated topic.” This came with a sombre smirk over the glass’ rim as Dax took another sip. “If he is who they say he is, it would be nice to understand why he’d been so hostile over Edison.” Dax mused, “He’s the closest thing to royalty this planet had and he kept it all a secret. I don't understand. Isn't this something humans would take pride in?" 

@NovaNovass

The Streets of Edison

Raven couldn't agree more with Charlie at that moment. Everything in the shop was either poor or iffy.... It was like 'come here and shop if you hope to die on a practice run.' Mathew and Andrew didn't know much about bikes but just by the looks of things, they could tell the two riders were not impressed with the shop. They were also down with getting a few drinks and seeing the brighter side of Edison while they were there. "I heard there were bars based off of Racers. Like themed bars." Mathew mentioned. His voice showed a bit of energy behind the thought of drinking and seeing some Racers. 

Already Mathew and Andrew were liking the change to their life style. It had been a while since they were excited about a job or two. With them being on their home planet work came easy, and it was just the three of them. But for some reason with the others around and being apart of a crew on a ship.... It was something they couldn't explain just yet. But they did feel like they belonged with this crew and ship. Ross was very much to herself, but they liked that in a Captain. Charlie and Raven were high energy Riders which showed that they could sneak out and have fun, also with Dj around encouraging the Riders to do so... they didn't feel so bad about taking chances. 

Val and the other medic Jack seemed to know their stuff and were very handy in the med bay, and Dax showed that he could be understanding and had a backbone at the same time. Aeva and Issac gave them faith in experience over craziness, which sort of balanced the navigator's rough side. But that was still to be told as they had all just really started working on the ship and were now part of the crew. 

But all in all they felt a lot of weight come off their shoulders since they had joined the ship. 

Raven had a similar feeling, but it was too small to notice once Charlie had mentioned drinks and them heading to the better parts of Edison. She too could ignore Ross' anger for the time being. They were on Edison for crying out loud! A rider's dream. One she would not miss for the universe. 

As she and the others started to leave the shop she paused and blinked looking directly to Aeva. She was a bit taken back that the angel was even there. She thought he would be back on the ship trying to fix it. But she smiled seeing his face. This was indeed a treat. She placed her good hand on her hip, "Well, well, well.... couldn't pass up the amazing Edison now could you?" she asked with a snicker to her voice. She gave him a big grin and smacked him on the arm playfully. "Don't blame ya." She turned her attention back to the streets. Once more that glimmer in her eyes was back. She took in a deep breath and slowly exhaled. "Fuckin Edison." she said in her relaxed breath. 

The Gallion

Some time had passed since they had landed on Edison. The ship of course was in no condition to do anything but sit there. Shin's fingers worked fast as he rebooted the system. His tablet loading back up with the status of the ship and soon his mind was to work on what needed to be done and what to do first. The sooner they got off this planet... The better. Well in his mind that was the best course of action. and if he could get them off Edison before anyone really knew he was there... That would be an epic win. 

But all in all.... Things would never really go the Navigator's way. 

A luxurious car and a few other vehicles had made their way through town about now. Their destination was already the large Gallion that had grabbed so much attention in the whispering circuits. This was in no good news for Shin... Or anyone associated with the Gallion. 

Shin felt a sharp shock come from his left wrist. His eyes slowly widened as he looked to the cloth covering what he had tried so hard to hide. He pulled back the cloth only to see the bar code starting to glow a light blue. A chill chased down his spine and he felt his heart drop in his chest. He didn't even notice the breath he was holding in his chest as the light blue turned to a dark red. With a jump in his step Shin was at a full on dash for the cargo door they had opened. His feet lept over parts and boxes as he rushed as fast as he could. All the while he was screaming curses in his mind. 

A tall man with dark hair and dark eyes stepped out of the luxurious vehicle. His black slim stylish suit stood out over the more casual fashion around him. Seven men stepped out of the other vehicles surrounding the man's and soon they were gathering before the open cargo door of the Gallion. Two well dressed women stood next to the tall man followed by one other well dressed figure. The four looked and smelt of business. 

The man looked over the ship as a sly grin made it's way to his lips. 

Shin's feet slid out from under him as he made it to the cargo door, but not enough to make him fall... Just enough to over shoot his target turn. As his feet tried to catch under him he raced for the panel by the large door. His fingers out stretches and grasped for the button his eyes were locked on. With a good hit the button turned red and the door slowly began to close. Shin could feel his heart pounding in his chest as he looked out at the planet he once called home. His eyes shot open and his jaw almost dropped at the sight of the man and his men standing at the edge of the door ramp. He gulped hard and froze for a moment. 

The man spotted who he was looking for just as the ramp was starting to rise. His smirk became devious and his eyes never left his target. "Mr. Walker if you please." The man stated calmly. His voice was deep and cool, such a voice to match a man. 

"Yes Mr. Roswell." Walker stated. He pulled out a thin and very small tablet and started to tap the screen. The ramp had gotten close to half way up when it stopped and started to retract it's actions. 

Shin's heart jumped a bit as the door started open instead of close. His hands raced back to the panel and he began to try and overwrite the door, but a sharp shock and quick drop to the floor halted his actions. A small cry left his lips as he grasped for his wrist. The shock was small but from what he could remember it felt stronger than other times. 

Jacob Roswell watched as the ramp set into place and they could once again have access to the Gallion as he pleased. 

Shin felt a hitch in his thoughts when a dark shadow loomed over him, rejecting the ship's lighting to shed some light on the situation at hand. 

"Edison?" The deep voice literally placed fear into Shin's heart as he looked up to meet Jacob's eyes. Shin swallowed hard as the Gallion loomed silence and all he could hear was his own heart pounding in his chest. 

(Yeah pumped out a post on my first break. (^_^)  I can't wait till this rp gets moving again. Also take your time Lokipi. No rush, we are just happy everyone is back. Also I'll have a pic up for Jacob Roswell tomorrow. All my image files are at home. lol)

The avalon's breath caught in his throat as he resisted with every fiber of his being to cry and lash out against the woman that smacked his arm. What they would see was that he completely froze up for a bit before releasing a low hiss of pain, his shoulders visibly shaking with the effort to not scream. (Gonna assume she hit the arm thats not in the sling lol)

The angelic being raised his recently stuck, burnt limb to the rider with a glare about as hot as the burns he had received. 

"I left the ship because I was about to explode from how pissed off I was. Now, both of my arms are useless. So, I needed some air. My kind really benefit from that."

He took a breath to steady himself before pushing off the door frame and standing before the rider, "I caught a glimpse of you guys from the ship and came to join. I have nothing I can do anyway."

(Sorry for the short post. Working and wanted to get this out)

Charlie 

[SIZE=10.0pt]Charlie focused on exiting the sketchy shop, her skin still itching from the unrelenting gaze of the store owner coupled with a severe case of déjà vu[/SIZE]. At this moment, the small spikey haired girl still couldn’t get over the fact that she used to be part of that life, although at least she got to exit it without any injuries, unlike six-toed-Ben. Looking down her feet with an almost relieved expression as she wriggled every still-attached digit, Charlie almost completely missed Aeva’s subtle entrance.

[SIZE=10.0pt]AT first sight of the angel and his demanding-presence, Charlie felt her heart leapt into her throat. ‘What is he doing here? Oh frack, has Ross sent him? Well this was unexpected, isn’t Dax the nanny of the group? … Oh, man he looks pissed.’  [/SIZE]The thoughts swam around Charlie’s head, until, just as quickly as the panic had started, it ended.

[SIZE=10.0pt]"I left the ship because I was about to explode from how pissed off I was.” Aeva explained, continuing to glare at Raven.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=&#13]Ah…so he’s just as guilty as they were in ignoring the captain’s orders. Jack-pot.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=&#13]“Well, welcome to the party, bud!” Charlie offered as she gave a smile. “But just to clarify. Does Ross know you left the ship? I mean, no-one saw you leave, right?” The smile remained on the girl’s lips, but her eyes warily glanced back in the direction of the ship. Sure, her human eyes could only make out a kinda-large-greyish blob from this distance, but captain had a sixth-sense when it came to Charlie and Raven’s shenanigans and it never hurt to be cautious.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=&#13]However, before Aeva could answer, Charlie waved away her own questions.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=&#13]“Ah. Never mind. The less you know and the less I know, the less accountability.” The girl rubbed her hands together as she glanced over her group. “Shall we get moving then?” Charlie span and glanced both ways down the dusty street. “What way did you say the market was?”
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=&#13]Not that it mattered really. Either direction took Charlie away from the painful reminders of her less than shiny past.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=&#13]@NovaNovass, @shadowz1995, @Khaz

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=&#13] [/SIZE][SIZE=10.0pt]
[/SIZE]

Ross

Ross looked to her glass with a faint smile. She too raised her glass to ax before taking a good sip. She nodded slowly as he pointed out the good from the bad. For them all to have lived what had just happened... Was in fact a win. She was taught that if a ship couldn't fly, it was dead in the water along with it's crew. But the Gallion could still fly. Maybe not at the moment, but with enough time she could be back to the black in no time. "You have a point." her smile gave off a little more light as she took another sip. 

"We are on Edison. If she had to go down somewhere, this would be a great spot." She paused as she thought about Dax's words about Shin. Edison was the one planet where they could find anything and everything for the Gallion. Not to mention that if he was that famous racer... Why would he leave. "Royalty wouldn't compare to how they treat those riders." She picked up her drink and swirled the bit of whiskey around, "They are more like gods here." She downed the rest of her glass before pouring herself more whiskey. She then topped off Dax's glass as well. 

Shin was complicated, no doubt about it. And with the mention of him trying to take the Gallion from her... She downed more than half of her new glass. "Even if he took the ship like that.. He was quick to give it back." Ross and Dax both knew Shin for sometime. He wasn't much of a fighter, but he wouldn't back down from something like the Gallion. If anything Shin fought with everything for this ship. "But enough about Shin" She stated waving her hands a bit. "I was thinking... About Charlie and the others." She looked to Dax straight in the eyes. "How much do you want to bet that her and Raven are already out exploring Edison?" A small smirk came to her face as she felt confident in her words. 

The fun part about this was that she wasn't even mad if Charlie and Raven ran off for a few hours. Even with Edison being the planet of sin, she knew the two wouldn't waist such a chance. She only hoped some of the others went with her. Edison was great but also dangerous. 

Streets of Edison

Raven smiled at this. the whole group was ready to hit the town! Mathew and Andrew both smirked at the fact that their group got a bit bigger. Even with a fallen wounded angel, they had a better chance of keeping an eye on one another. Raven jumped a bit and pointed towards the bright lights and loud music. "That way!" She announced. With so many tall buildings and such, they were bound to head to the better parts of Edison. She could even hear bikes in the background of the music. The smell of oil was in the air and with the lights, music and bikes... They might even be able to catch a race or two. 

Mathew and Andrew shrugged and looked to the others. They stopped at Dj, "What do you think?" Andrew asked. He only asked because Dj was the only one out of all of them that had been to Edison so far. Well the only one out of the group as far as they knew. 

(Sorry so short... we can skip a bit to them arriving in the upper city parts of Edison if you guys want.)

Time Skip!

There was a great difference between the down towns on Edison and and the cities couldn't compare. Buildings were tall, the streets and over pass walkways were crowded with all kinds of of races from all over the verse, and the smell had changed greatly. What had once smelt like dirt and oil was replaced with food and a hint of freshness in the air. The streets were cleaner and somewhat paved giving people a better chance to walk. Signs of cloth hung above along with large tv's that constantly displayed advertisements for all kinds of things. Music came from all directions and even seemed clear when you looked in that direction. 

The neon lights brought an even bigger sparkle to the crew's eyes. A dark shade of black fell over the tops of the buildings and made it hard for any stars to be seen in the skies. 

Raven blinked as her eyes were focused to everything around them. Her jaw slightly drops as the group walked. If they had been excited before... They would be shitting bricks at this point. This was what most people thought of when they thought of Edison. Raven even thought it was better in real life. She placed her good hand over her heart, wanting to make sure it was still beating. 

Andrew and Mathew were a bit shocked as well. They were big fan's of Edison but not like Raven and Charlie. They had to admit that the sight was something else. Something they had never seen before. It too had them speechless. The group hadn't really said anything since they found their way into the heart of the city. 

Mathew elbowed Andrew when he saw a couple of Riders slowly drive down the street on decked out and flashy bikes. The bikes light up and were indeed loud. 

Andrew ran a hand through his hair before turning his attention to what stores or bars were around them. There was all kinds of stuff. Fancy restaurants, little food stands, bars and shops for all kinds of clothing or bike parts. This was a bit overwhelming in a small way. 

Raven paused and grabbed a hold of Charlie's arm. "H-o-l-l-y shit..." She let go and pointed to a set of bikes parked by a bar. There was a thin casing around them but an open door way leading to them. "I've heard about those." She turned to Charlie. "Those are the simulators! The ones where you can race famous racers." She looked back to the bike before dragging Charlie over to them. She stopped at the doorway and looked around at the clear glass. The two bikes on the inside looked decked out, as if trying to pull off as all the famous racer's bikes. A mixture of colors and names. 

She turned to Charlie and jumped on her toes a bit. "Come on! We should so try this!" She exclaimed. Raven turned to head through the door when she was shoved back out. The door glowed yellow and red with a warning sign flashing in front of her face. 

'Warning, this ride is highly dangerous. Ride at own risk.'

And at the bottom in red it stated that those with serious injuries were prohibited from riding. 

Raven's eyes couldn't stop blinking at the signs. She glanced down to her arm and bit her bottom lip. She frowned deeply. 

That's right, with her arm all messed up she wouldn't be able to do much while here. She slowly looked over her shoulder to Charlie. Just because she couldn't do much... Didn't mean she could force Charlie to do things for her. An evil smirk crossed her lips. Raven already knew Charlie would be up for this, but it made Raven feel better if she picked the activities. Well she already knew all the things Charlie wanted to do on Edison, so it would be fair. She would pick something she wanted followed by something she knew Charlie wanted. So it was a win-win.

Mathew and Andrew had followed both Charlie and Raven, making sure they wouldn't get separated in such a big crowd. Once at the simulator they watched the two girls, but something caught Andrew's eyes. He tapped Mathew lightly and then pointed. Mathew rolled his eyes as his attention feel onto what Andrew was looking at. He nodded slowly towards the other before sneaking off for two seconds.

When they came back they had enough drinks in their hands for the group. They handed a bottle to each person. A girl had followed Andrew and Mathew over to the group. She held a large tray of nothing but shots. "Shots anyone?" She asked. 

Mathew nodded, "All around!....." Mathew looked over the shots as the girl started to hand them out. "Twice." He added with a hard laugh. Andrew and Mathew were finally relaxing and loosening up. The girl smiled big to the group. "Is this your first time on Edison?" She asked. You could tell this girl had been around a few good years to tell when people were new. 

Admittedly, the city...or planet...or whatever was impressive. The planet that never slept indeed. Things only seemed to get busier the deeper they went and the quality of the streets and buildings started to increase along with the population. Which was a bit of a surprise. Aeva couldn't help but chuckle at how everyone in this little group looked like wide eyed nestlings flying for the first time.

Aeva remembered when he first flew. The feeling of...liberation. Of the world suddenly opening up and a thousand possibilities become availible to you. Like a blind man seeing the sun for the first time. The angel lost himself in the waves of nostalgia for a solid moment and quickly felt the emptiness replace that nostalgia. He wanted to take to the skies. It wasn't so much the desire to fly as much as it was that he couldn't if he wanted to. It was the inability to do something he loved doing rather than actually doing it.

The crimson winged man would have been as starstruck as the rest of the small group if he liked cities in such a way. Most Avalons, as previously stated, preferred nature and wide open spaces. Despite their natural affinity for advanced technology. This was applicable to all Avalons. Even the ones that were born off world in other cities. They could be compared to birds in this way. They can adapt to city life and even thrive in it. But they had a natural draw towards nature. 

When they finally reached a destination of interest, Aeva sighed and took a backseat to all of their wonder with a small smirk. It was honestly kind of cute. The avalon stayed off to the side as the mercs went off to go...something and the ladies went off to do.....something else. Aeva was perfectly content with keeping one all seeing eye on them. 

It was only when one of the brothers returned with a rather attractive local and drinks that Aeva's wings literally quivered in place. 

"Drinks all around!" Someone said.

"Oh sweet mother above, I have been long overdue a stiff drink in over a decade." The pseudo-angel stated aloud to the group as he went forth and scooped a shot off the tray, downing it in one motion. Someone said two rounds and Aeva didnt hesitate, taking a second shot and slamming it as quickly as the first.

The liquid flames going down his throat was a welcome burn that helped take the edge off tremendously.

"It is for me. Though this isn't really my preference I do enjoy the charm it has." He responded to the woman.

The Gallion

"It's been a long time." Jacob stated clearly as he looked Shin over. Shin went to shove himself off the floor but stopped when Jacob held up a hand to him. "No need to get up on my account." He let his attention wander around the ship. Jacob was quick to notice that the ship was old and in bad condition. After finding out that the ship Edison was on had crash landed he figured it would just need some fixing up. But no, The Gallion needed more than a few tweaks here or there. The ship needed to be gutted and turned inside out. 

"Five years..." Jacob twisted his lips a bit as he placed his hands neatly behind his back. 

Shin pushed himself off the ground and balled his hands into fists. His eyes narrowed as he watched Jacob look around. 

Jacob turned back to Shin, "You've been gone for five years." The man looked a bit disappointed. 

Mr. Walker, Jacob's assistant motioned for the guards to enter further into the docking bay of the Gallion. Jacob ignored the men as they filled into the docking bay. Some walked past Jacob and checked around the small area making sure there were no surprises lurking around the corners. At this moment Shin reached out quickly and slammed a button on the panel by the door. When nothing happened he hit the button again... And again. 

"It wont work." Jacob smirked, "As of right now this ship is frozen and the only person that can control it is Mr. Walker here....You remember Mr. Walker, don't you?" 

Shin let his eyes shift over to Walker only to grit his teeth a bit at the man. 

You could tell Jacob wanted to laugh but held his composure. "Well there are some old faces and new." Jacob let his eyes wander once more till they fell to a man who didn't seem to fit in with the other guards. "Like Mr. Barrett for instance." Jacob motioned with his hand towards Willo. "He's new but so far still temporary." 

Shin didn't even bother to look at Willo, instead his eyes stuck to Jacob as the man started to move again. 

Jacob stopped in between both Willo and Shin. He casually motioned Jacob towards Shin. "Mr. Barrett if you don't mind securing my property." Even with his soft tone one could tell this was an order and not a request. "If needed use force but please no broken bones and keep away from the face." Jacob swirled a hand over his own face to show the general area he didn't want harmed. "After all, he is the face of Edison." Jacob gave a big smile and stepped out of the way now giving Shin a clear look at Willo. 

Shin gulped a bit as he was quick to notice how tall the man was and just by the way the man held himself... Shin could pinpoint that this man was good at fighting. Shin was not a fighter at all, give him a computer and yeah he could run circles around you, or even a bike... But a fight... there was no chance in hell he could win up against this giant. 

Shin carefully took a step back as his mind raced with possible ideas. All in which didn't end well for him. 

Willo Barrett

Willo stands by, wrist held infront of him as he quietly observes the conversation. Throughout most of the banter between Jacob and Shin, his expression remains a hardened sense of passive - Though it does crack for a moment, giving him a dull smirk as the racer tried to repeatedly mash the door button. With a slight shake of his head, he looks over to one of the other guards and gestures him over. The man steps to Barrett's side, leaning in - "Need something?" Willo shakes his head, whispering back "No. I just have a question. Is he usually like this?" The guard looks at him strangely for a moment, but its evaporation once he sees the boss hasn't noticed proves it to be less than genuine. "Yeah, kind of. You can't blame a man on being proud, though, right?"

Willo merely shrugs, resuming his original stance. Just in time too, as Jacob seems to have just taken an interest to inspecting his men. His eyes stop on Barrett, and he continues - "Like Mr. Barrett for instance." Jacob motions to him, adding "He's new but so far still temporary." Barrett provides the racer with a nod, though it clearly doesn't matter much as the racer chooses to ignore him. Jacob steps to a spot between him and Shin, gesturing with his order: "Mr. Barrett if you don't mind securing my property." Willo patiently waits for the end of his instructions, then releases his wrist. Shin takes a look at him, seemingly measures the odds, and takes a step back. It was enough to make Barrett chuckle if it wasn't time to be serious. 

"Cooperate. There is no need for force." Though actions speak louder than words. In one quick, aggressive move he lashes a hand out in an attempt to grab shin by the neck of his clothing - A hard pull is used to bring him forward and over the knee, and the grip is quickly shifted to put him in a low headlock. Thankfully, it is only temporary; one hand takes a firm hold on the back of his neck, and the other releases the head and grabs Shin's wrist - The wrist is forced behind his back, straining the arm just enough to keep the harm that could be caused fresh in his mind. The sequence of moves would have progressed quickly and fluidly - Clearly a practiced maneuver, though likely with some improvisation. Shin's arm would feel uncomfortable, but not crippling. If successful,  Willo would look up from the restrained Shin and gesture to the car - "Safety precaution, sir. I can transport him now."

Willo Barrett

Willo stands by, wrist held infront of him as he quietly observes the conversation. Throughout most of the banter between Jacob and Shin, his expression remains a hardened sense of passive - Though it does crack for a moment, giving him a dull smirk as the racer tried to repeatedly mash the door button. With a slight shake of his head, he looks over to one of the other guards and gestures him over. The man steps to Barrett's side, leaning in - "Need something?" Willo shakes his head, whispering back "No. I just have a question. Is he usually like this?" The guard looks at him strangely for a moment, but its evaporation once he sees the boss hasn't noticed proves it to be less than genuine. "Yeah, kind of. You can't blame a man on being proud, though, right?"

Willo merely shrugs, resuming his original stance. Just in time too, as Jacob seems to have just taken an interest to inspecting his men. His eyes stop on Barrett, and he continues - "Like Mr. Barrett for instance." Jacob motions to him, adding "He's new but so far still temporary." Barrett provides the racer with a nod, though it clearly doesn't matter much as the racer chooses to ignore him. Jacob steps to a spot between him and Shin, gesturing with his order: "Mr. Barrett if you don't mind securing my property." Willo patiently waits for the end of his instructions, then releases his wrist. Shin takes a look at him, seemingly measures the odds, and takes a step back. It was enough to make Barrett chuckle if it wasn't time to be serious. 

"Cooperate. There is no need for force." Though actions speak louder than words. In one quick, aggressive move he lashes a hand out in an attempt to grab shin by the neck of his clothing - A hard pull is used to bring him forward and over the knee, and the grip is quickly shifted to put him in a low headlock. Thankfully, it is only temporary; one hand takes a firm hold on the back of his neck, and the other releases the head and grabs Shin's wrist - The wrist is forced behind his back, straining the arm just enough to keep the harm that could be caused fresh in his mind. The sequence of moves would have progressed quickly and fluidly - Clearly a practiced maneuver, though likely with some improvisation. Shin's arm would feel uncomfortable, but not crippling. If successful,  Willo would look up from the restrained Shin and gesture to the car - "Safety precaution, sir. I can transport him now."

Willo's actions were quick.. Almost too quick for Shin to even process. One minute he was being pulled, the next in a head lock and finally in a very unpleasant situation. He grumbled through his teeth as his free hand reached up to grab onto Willo's wrist securely fastened around the back of his neck. The man was more than skilled, as Shin now experienced it at first hand.

Jacob and a few of the others in the room watched with a bit of shock in their eyes. Jacob was able to subside his with ease and only let a small smirk crease a corner of his lips. He had heard about Mr. Barrett's previous work and had yet to really see the man in action. From the looks of things, this was probably child's play to the mercenary. Jacob slowly nodded to Willo and motioned him to head back out to the cars. 

Mr. Walker was still a bit shocked at how quick this was. But he held out a tablet to Jacob and Jacob took the tablet without even looking down at it yet. "Mr. Barrett..." Jacob caressed the tablet in his hands as he looked over Willo and Shin. "You and Mr. Edison will be riding with me in my car." He said calmly. 

Shin's breathing was heavy as he held still knowing the hold on him would become less uncomfortable if he dared move. He planted his feet firmly to the ground as if wanting to root them through the floor so no one could move him anywhere. His mind still raced with thoughts on how to get out of this, but none were coming up positive. 

Jacob looked to his tablet and gracefully ran a finger across the screen. His eyes slowly lowered as he looked over the information he was pulling up. A soft smile came to his face before he turned off the screen and placed the tablet neatly under his arm. Jacob walked out of the docking bay and out to the dusty streets of Edison. Mr. Walker signaled for everyone to move out at this point. The two women were quick to leave, each separating into other cars besides the one Jacob would be riding in. 

Jacob paused at his car as one of the other guards opened the door for the man. Jacob and Mr. Walker gracefully and one by one slipped into the car. The vehicle it's self was long and luxurious. On the inside there were two seats in the back and a long couch like seat curving up one of the sides and around behind the driver and passenger. A black window blocked the view of the driver to see inside the limo like section but could be rolled down is Mr. Roswell wished. 

Jacob took one of the two seats in the back while Walker took the seat next to Mr. Roswell. Walker was quick to open up a hidden compartment in between him and Jacob. It revealed more tablets of all shapes and sizes. 

Willo Barrett

Willo keeps his grip on Shin tight, but fair; the arm would not be strained any further. That is, not on purpose. He looks over the faces of the others for a moment, namely his employer. It would be a lie to say he wasn't proud of his ability at times, as it was certainly what got him this contract, but he found it too easy to impress the common man most times. It was one of the reasons he prefers to be with other soldiers. As he looks over some of the shocked faces, shifting his focus to Roswell is all he can do to suppress the urge to roll his eyes.

"Mr. Barrett... You and Mr. Edison will be riding with me in my car."

Barrett gives a sharp nod, a dull grunt emitting as he tries to pull Shin's form slightly ahead of him and walk him to the car. It seems that he wants to show some resistance, but is likely too fearful to try very hard. The thought gives Barrett the slightest of smirks, and the hand on Shin's wrist gives a noticeable squeeze as a reminder. "Cooperate," he repeats quietly.

Willo follows Jacob to his car, letting him and Walker enter ahead of him. He and 'Mr. Edison' move in last - He leads Shin inside the car, only releasing his neck once his head was past the opening of the door. He would push him further into the car, with no amount of patience. The effort would lead Shin to a spot opposite from the doors, with Barrett between him and the possibility of retreat. At least now, however, Shin would be out of any hold. Barrett lets Shin sit first, taking a moment to straighten his coat. After a little shift of the neckline and collars, he sits himself down by the man with a satisfied sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread