Project Black IC

Aeva tried a few times to move his wing which only ended up in him letting out a grunt of pain and not moving at all. This was while Jack told his story and Aeva actually tuned that out while he attempted movement. The conclusion was that he was now out of breath, in more pain than before, and worst of all.....yep...he was definitely grounded. The panic started to rise from within the very core of his being. Primitive Avalon instinct and it had already taken him once. The instinct wouldn't be so great if Aeva didn't know what it was like to be grounded over and over again. Worse still, what it felt like to go days without his wings at all. The soldier shook his thrashed his head from side to side a few times to really shake that panic from his body (which earned several spasms of pain from the movement) but shook him into his senses. He wasn't going to have another episode in front of so many others. 

The angel's scarlet eyes scanned the room as medics came and left. He had taken notice that it looked like he was the last one that was going to be attended to. Maybe these individuals had never worked on an Avalon before? Maybe he looked intimidating with the way he watched them before? That was until Jack had explained to the two medics who approached the situation and while they hesitated, they began to work on him right after.

Who knows but he certainly wasn't in the mood to pick these men and women apart at the moment. Especially not when his scanning caused him to lock eyes with a conscious Doctor Val. 

"Val you're awake!" He said in surprise and stood on instinct which, of course backfired in the way of a yell and a string of cursing that would make his mother turn in shame. Though most of the curses were from his home planet and probably lost on the others. "I heard you got knocked out Doc. I'm sorry I wasn't around for that. I was busy saving the prickly human and then flying around the ship trying to program everything at once. I'm guessing you were out for all that but an explosion in the engine rooms threw everyone around, especially those that were down there with me as I was rerouting power. So...uh...." Then angel's rugged but strangely beautiful features actually turned bashful for a moment before he coughed and continued the conversation. "Point is....I have a concussion like you and I broke the hell out of my shoulder so I can't....repay you for helping me that one time." He turned back to her with his trademark stare(it wasn't in a bad way like with Shin) "But I fully intend to. If you'll allow me. Just can't give you a ride till this damn shoulder is fixed hahaha."

To anyone watching, the male's mood had clearly brightened and it seemed like the previous events hadn't even happened. In truth, Aeva just let that all fall away and his focus was on her for now. His mind ran through ideas as to how to repay Val for her kindness and one of those ideas was letting her "examine" him. She had showed an interest in the state of his body. Probably due to the augments but until he could give her another flying field trip that would have to suffice. She would be in for a shock as well. Flying while miles in the sky was vastly different from flying several feet in the air inside a ship. The full experience this time around. Luckily for him, he healed fairly quickly and this ship was probably going to take awhile to fix. He was also going to have a hand in that. Rebooting the systems and organizing the chaos of failing pathways was going to be a task and a half.  But, that just meant that his chances of repaying her increased and that was perfectly fine with him. "Glad to see your OK Doc. Really am." He said with genuine relief in his voice and features. 

The Avalon couldn't help but turn to the captain as she declared that they were all part of her crew now. Aeva hadn't had the idea cross his mind when he entered the ship. Sure, he took up the hobby of fixing old warships now but he certainly wasn't going to ask. Though the thought of it now was appealing. The Gallion's systems proved to be a wonderful challenge, he got to be around Val longer now, DJ was sure to be a fast friend along with many others, but best of all....Aeva wondered how many times was he going to put that bratty navigator in his place during his time on the Gallion.

How would Ross and Dax react to his obvious shift in tone and personality towards Val? It was an afterthought but they had seen a part of the pseudo-angel that showed that he knew what he was doing a....little too well. Not to mention he also let it slip that he hacked into the Gallion. His gaze flicked over to them to gauge their reactions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ignoring Aeva and Val’s oh so touching reunion as well as Dax’s brooding entrance, the doctor gave a stern nod in response to the Ross’ order.

“As you wish, Captain.”

It was all he could say before, without looking down, Jack unfurled his fingers and punched in the release sequence. When the final button was pressed, a loud hissing began to emit from within the pod’s inner workings, whilst inside the remaining liquid oxygen began to drain away the shivering body of Shin. It only took a few minutes to complete this stage, but Jack made the most of it. Grabbing several cloths, a bucket and a blanket, Jack also cleared off a bed.

“Cardinal, I will need your help again moving him from the pod.” Jack requested, “He’ll be cold, possibly disorientated and a little dizzy, so it’s important we get him out of the pod and settled as quickly as possible.”

To those around him, it was almost as if Jack was simply running off a check list. The bed was clear, the bucket set up and the towels laid out. The last few things to sort, however, he needed a little more help, like getting the navigator a change of clothes. Grabbing a simple medical gown from the floor, Jack lay that out on the bed but fully expected the navigator to complain and resist.

“We’ll also need him to change.” He sighed over the hiss of the machine. “And I will really need him to stay in the medical bay so I can make sure he isn’t going to collapse from respiratory and circulatory complications later. These things sneak up on you. So, by no means is he allowed to leave until I am finished!” Jack stated as he eyed the group pointedly. “Would someone please prepare a light sedative, just in case he decides to kick off.”   Jack asked, while he paced over to the pod and gently knocked on the glass separating Shin from the outside world.

“Continue to breathe normally and please try to remain calm.” Jack practically shouted, nodding the dark haired man within. When he was sure his message had got through, Jack then reached over and flicked open the realise mechanism for the tube.

With an odd, hallow ‘pop’ noise, the pod’s doors released and slowly opened, revealing the soggy Shin within.

“Welcome back, now come on. Out you get.” Jack began, holding out a hand.

Val blinked at Aeva's words. After all that had happened only minutes ago, he was worried about repaying her. She merely gave him a soft smile. She was more so just happy to see that everyone was alive. Bones, cuts and bruises can mend, but she was always afraid of loosing others. But her attention was quickly drawn to Ross' words about everyone being apart of the crew now. She felt a little relieved with the words from her Captain. But something was wrong. Dax stood next to her like always, but something was off. Ross seemed much colder yet more generous than usual. She wouldn't just accept anyone onto her crew, and from what she could remember.... They crash landed onto Edison. The one planet she was told they would never come to. 

Ross watched as Jack began to open Shin's pod. Ross glanced to Dax for a moment, worry clouded her eyes but not her face. Shin was going to be pissed and she knew the navigator was not always willing to cooperate. She watched as a nurse nodded to Jack's request and started to prep something to keep Shin calm if he were to revolt against them. 

But what she found as a shock was what happened after Jack opened up the pod. 

Instead of taking the other's hand, Shin reached out and grabbed the other's shirt pulling him down. Shin was freezing! His whole body shivered as he pulled himself up finally. He sneered at Jack and narrowed his eyes. He was about to say something but let go of Jack's Shirt only to turn and cough. Little did he know about the after math of even getting out of the pod. He had defiantly sat up too quickly, even if it wasn't really fast at all, but it was the side effects of the liquid air still in his system. 

His head was spinning and the world around him didn't want to stop moving. 

Between his rough coughs Shin held up a finger and pointed it at Jack. "Don't touch me..." He managed to spit out before returning to his coughing fit. His chest stung and he felt like he could feel the temperature difference in the air. He leaned over the side of the pod and let himself collect, he took in a few deep breaths of air soon finding it much easier to breath. 

But what grabbed his attention next was not the fact that there were more people on the ship, but the Gallion herself...... She wasn't running. He couldn't hear her engines or even the slightest vibration form the coils or core. Shin could feel his heart pause over this. "We're not moving?" he questioned. His eyes darted up now catching sight of Ross and the others within the room. 

He wanted to ask what happened, but from the looks of everyone that was aboard he could take a wild guess and nail it to the floor. Shin's mind was still spinning and it made it really hard for him to focus. That didn't stop his thoughts from raging out when he noticed more details about what could have happened. 

Despite his condition Shin narrowed his eyes at Ross and started to pick himself up out of the pod. He shoved Jack out of his way as he got out. The difference of the temperature struck him hard. Standing he wrapped his arms around himself to try and stop his body from shivering. He continued to take in deep breaths, but his eyes were locked onto Ross. 

"Sit.Down. Navigator. I didn't save your life just so you could kill yourself for being stubborn. The main power grid is offline but we ca-Rgh!" He groaned as he reached over and pulled his tablet out of its place. Dirty but still completely functional. Built tough just like it's owner. Aeva used his good arm to finger through the power and software, pulling up the status of the ship in a neat fashion. "I had to fly around the entire ship like a drugged humming bird while keeping power routed correctly and shifting it as needed. Along with the orbital trajectory and mandates and....look regardless." Aeva gave his tablet to one of the medics who then passed it over to Shin. He wasn't going to like what he saw but it was better than being dead. "Auxiliary is still up and we are all somehow still alive. I would prefer we all stay that way and that means....sit your ass down and get treated prickly one. I can only figure this ships engineering and software out by myself for so long. Need you alive and ready. We have work to do." He said this all with a serious tone. There was an edge to it as well, as Aeva did not like Shin at all. People had been telling him that he isn't as bad as he seemed but respect was earned and Shin had only earned his respect as a programmer. Not as a friend and certainly not as a person. Everyone walks on pins and needles around him and yet everyone seems to worry about his well being. Quite frankly, Aeva doesn't believe he deserves the concern. He is aware he doesn't know him but what he does know? He doesn't like. 

The angel's arm was thrown into a sling and the injection was already working it's magic. He, with great effort and pain, he sat up and stared the navigator in the eyes. Whatever Shin may be feeling was irrelevant right now. As soon as Aeva got his wing placed correctly he would be up and trying to fix what he could and he would drag Shin along as well. Though....the navigator probably wasn't about to let Aeva roam the ship with open access to his precious ship without him being there. The soldier was betting on that. He would have given a confident smirk if he wasn't trying to prove a point.

Jack brushed down his shirt, wet blooms spreading through the fine fabric from where Shin’s damp fingers had snatched at him. Rolling his eyes once again, Jack nodded to Aeva while holding up a hand to stop his speech. From what the others had said, Shin was more likely to kick off if he knew what had happened, and Jack needed him to stay calm. Of course the injection was there. It had been prepared, but the man’s system had been through enough and the injection was a last resort.

“Unfortunately…” Jack began, grabbing one of the towel and shoving towards the navigator, “You have no other option. It’s me or, well, suffering. And in all honesty, I have put in far too much effort into keeping you alive that I cannot simply watch you die now.” He crossed his arms, looking over to the medic with the injection. “Now you either sit down and let me treat you, where you can continue to stare at the Captain from the bed just as well as standing there, shivering. Or, I will have no other option but to use force. Which would you like?”

Dax nodded in agreement, as he stepped forward, eyes fixed to Shin.

“Both crew mates are right, Shin. We have been through a lot. Do not waste their efforts.” He started, his voice thin. He felt like a hypocrite telling Shin to calm down but…“There will be time for this later.”

About him, Dax took note of Isaac and his little girl, as well as Adrian and the oldest Remington brother. All were banged up and the drama with Shin was holding up their medical care. Lastly, he looked down at Ross and swallowing his pride, and trying not to let his blood boil, Dax placed a large hand on the woman’s shoulder. Part of him expecting it to get swatted away again.

“We can explain everything. But we won’t have a chance if you shut down before we can even get started.”

Charlie gave a grim nod towards her fellow rider, before looking back the others. Everyone here was crew, with the exception of DJ (Charlie didn’t know Ross’ decision), but she trusted him enough to allow him to see where their bikes were stored, plus the Brothers would need to know where to find them if Ross ever requested their appearance.

“Alright then. We can either branch off in separate sections, or we can all go down to the bikes. The decision is yours.” Charlie offered, sticking her hands into her trouser pockets. “However, I am not waiting, so you can follow or stay really.” Charlie shrugged as she twisted on the spot and nodded to Raven. “Let’s go.”

With that, the girl began her way, her feet carrying her there almost without thinking. As despite not being down there for the past couple of days, the rider hanger was a home away from home for Charlie.

Aeva's words put a great deal of shock into his eyes. He reached out for Aeva's tablet when Jack threw a towel over his head. Shin pulled the towel down to he could see, but clutched it close around his body. He wiped the water from his brow that dripped from his still wet hair. Finally getting his hands on the tablet Shin moved his fingers across the screen quickly. This made him give off a low grumble towards the machine. His fingers were in fact very cold and this made it hard for him to use the touch screen. 

While he tried to look over the ship's condition Shin had to roll his eyes at the words people were saying to him. Shin paused and brought a hand to his forehead, rolling his eyes was not such a great idea. Not even standing seemed right anymore. The dizziness was turning into him feeling lightheaded. He held up a hand to Dax and was about to say something, but more or less Shin was hoping to just tell the room to be quiet. This was just worst than a hangover. 

Rem glanced over to Dax and Ross for a moment. He could see the concern coming from both of them, he looked back to Shin and let his shoulders drop a little. He didn't know much about Shin, but could tell the guy was stubborn. Rem gave a quick look and a nod over to Jack as he walked over to Shin and picked up the navigator. Shin would have protested, he wanted to, but he was torn between three things, complaining, holding back the want to throw up and trying to figure out the condition of the Gallion. So he decided to focus on the tablet.... The Gallion was his baby and she was hurting.... Him and the Gallion were. It was like they were both connected somehow. When Shin was at his best, the Gallion would be at hers. With Shin all over the place... The Gallion was too just the same.

Rem placed Shin onto the bed Jack had laid out earlier. Once Shin was able to work the tablet he went quiet. His eyes focused on the ship's program as well as the status. Rem stepped back and looked to Ross and Dax. He could tell by the look on Ross' face that this was not the navigator's normal response to things. 

But something else caught Rem's eyes. One of the officers was looking at Shin very intensively. Like as if he knew Shin and had a slight grudge against him in some way. His eyes drifted and noticed other looks from those of the planet. Some shocked, some worried, one looking like she was about to faint for some reason. Rem stepped aside so Jack and the others could help Shin. 

One of the medic girls walked over to Shin. She had her stethoscope ready to check Shin's vitals, but she was shaking as she got closer to him. She looked really nervous. 

Right before she was about to touch Shin she pulled back quickly and turned to the other medics and the Edison guards in the room. "Are we seriously going to ignore this?" she demanded looking around the room. Mixed feelings and looks were sent her way. She looked back to Shin and stepped over to the side of his bed. She grabbed one of the blankets and started to wrap it over his body. "I am so sorry Mr. Edison." She told him. 

Shin kept his eyes on the tablet and didn't even look up to the girl. He responded with nothing. She watched him closely as another girl walked over to her and Shin. She stepped on the other side of Shin and had and IV ready to place into his arm. The girl looked a lot more nervous than the first one as she just stood there. "Mr. Edison I..." She paused when Shin looked up from Aeva's tablet and looked to the girl. She froze and gulped as she held up the needle and IV bag. "I...." She couldn't get her words out. "I...." 

Shin knew what was going on but would play it off as best as he could. "You... What?" he asked in a dull tone. With that the girl's face turned red as her eyes rolled back and she fainted to the floor. This only brought more attention. 

The leader out of the Edison Officers stepped away from Ross and made his way to the foot of Shin's bed. His eyes were narrowed and he had a look of anger and disappointment. He glanced over his shoulder to Jack, he gave him a very seriously look. "You might want to step up before I step in." He sounded even more serious with his tone of words. "I will however call in for a transport." He looked away from Jack and looked to his arm. There was a small tablet with some buttons strapped to the mans arm. He started to tap away at the buttons and screen. 

Raven nodded to Charlie's words once more. She turned to Andrew, Micheal and Dj. She motioned for them to follow as she followed Charlie. She would rather they all stuck together at this point. Mostly because the ship was in fact in a rough condition. So staying together was a better idea. 

Andrew and Micheal of course were more than happy to follow the two. They were on Edison and the girls were riders, which meant that the girls would want to try some races while on planet side. Both Andrew and Micheal were not against this idea, if anything they were more for the idea. Andrew leaned over to Micheal and elbowed his brother a little. "I think we just found new partners in crime while planet side." He laughed a little. Micheal held his head high at Andrew's words and gave the other a slight nod. "Way ahead of you brother." He smirked a bit. 

Bemused, Jack watched as one of the medics fainted while the others continued to watch in a dumbfounded silence. So the navigator’s secret was going to come out, taking Jack’s leverage with it. A real shame really. Blackmail material was always handy to have.

Meeting the guard’s pointed stare, Jack bowed his head with a raised eye brow.

“I didn’t think our Navigator… I mean, Mr Edison’s injuries warranted transport…” The doctor began, as he stepped forward and waved off the still standing medic with “I believe you colleague needs your attention.”

Pulling out his equipment, Jack said nothing as he went through the motions of checking Shin’s heartbeat, blood pressure and temperature. Inspecting each result with a furrowed brow. When he was finished, Jack grabbed the medical gown and held it towards Shin.

“You’ll need to change. And I’ll need a sample of your blood.” Jack said firmly “Or you’ll suffer more than that trifling little head cold of yours. I can pull up a partition to give you some privacy.” A tainted smile work the doctor’s lips as he said this, before whispering under his breathe. “Although I would imagine you already feel at home…”

Dax, on the other hand, felt his grip tighten on Ross’ shoulder as the medic fainted. Bending down, the alien almost breathed into his friend’s ear, all rage from before pushed to the back of his mind, as chuckle rumbled in his chest. “Did she just call Shin…Edison?”

The man could barely believe it. It couldn’t be true. For as long as Shin had been with them, he had expressed no interest in actually getting on a bike or racing a ship… He was just a spectator. A weedy, bitter mechanic/navigator. The chuckle grew, gaining bass as it reverberated around the man’s chest, as the others reacted around him.

Meanwhile, Charlie and Raven remained blissfully unaware as the girls lead their small party deeper into their home. From behind her, she could just about make out what the brothers were whispering to one another and unknowingly Charlie mirrored Michael smirk. Oh they had no idea what they were getting themselves into by teaming up with them.

However, the mischievous giddiness which washed over her, was short lived. Turning into the bike’s hanger, Charlie’s heart almost stopped as she noted that their bikes had shifted to a new location during the crash, leaving odd scrape marks trailing over the floor from where the machines had been dragged.

“Frack.” Charlie gasped, as she leapt forward, ignoring her ribs protest to her sudden change in pace. “Oi, a little help?” Charlie called back to the guys, as she reached their bikes and began to pull up Raven’s beast which had pinned hers, this time unable to ignore the sharp shooting pains which blossomed in her ribcage. Although this didn’t stop the girl from muttering repeatedly. “Come on babies. You’re alright. Please be alright.”

On the bright side, so far anyway, there was no smell of fuel, which meant nothing had ruptured during the tumble. Therefore, with a little luck, what damaged had been inflicted was simply aesthetic. Although this wasn't for sure.

"Yeah, three times before actually. Although I can't say I remember them very well..." He grinned at Charlie as the officers started to take the blood from his arm. Although he wasn't entirely sure that she was paying attention, she an Raven both seemed completely consumed with the idea of being on Edison. It was an entertaining sight.

"Apparently it becomes increasingly difficult to remember the previous night after a load of drinking and getting punched in the face." DJ's few and brief memories of his nights on Edison came back in flashes of buying drinks, gambling, dancing in crowds of people, strobe lights, and knocking a blurry faced man unconscious. He didn't understand how some of his most unforgettable moments in his life came from the nights he remembered nothing about. 

Suddenly Charlie and Raven as well as the younger Remington brothers started to walk down a corridor, and apparently DJ was meant to follow. He rolled up his sleeve after and trailed after the quartet, assuming the officers were finished with his blood test. He wasn't entirely sure where they were going but it seemed important because the girls were walking with what DJ perceived as seriousness. It was only after he realized they were going to see the girls' bikes that he realized it wasn't seriousness at all but passion and intensity. 

"I think we just found new partners in crime while planet side."

DJ's heart let with excitement. He had only known Charlie for a short time but already he could tell her and Raven were prone to getting into trouble, and now Andrew and Michael seemed to also have a knack for trouble. The five of them together on Edison... Well it was certainly going to be an interesting visit. It would be a miracle if they didn't end up in jail by the end of it. 

"So were going to see you bi-" DJ trailed off as he looked at the mess in front of him. The bikes piled on each other and bike parts everywhere both having visible and fresh scratches on everything.

"I am so, so, so, so sorry." He said as he sprinted over to help Charlie lift one of the bikes off the other. He grabbed the back and took most of the weight before lifting it off and, with the help of the lead rider, turning it upright. They did the same with the other bikes. The whole time mumbling how sorry he was to both the girls.

"I promise I will make it up to you guys somehow." He pleaded to to the riders. 

Aeva, with all of his amazing perception and intellect, could not figure out what was going on in the ship for the life of him. He kept looking at everyone's expressions with eager interest to try and find something out but nothing was explained. So he decided to just ask, "Am I missing something here? Is there something special about Edison that I'm not aware of or this prickly human's connection to the planet? I'm very lost." Aeva didn't actually know anything about Edison other than it was a planet that people liked to race on. He was literally too busy in his life to worry about others racing bikes on a planet light-years away. So the planet's history and Shin's connection to it was as lost as that escape pod in the void on Aeva. It seemed like everyone thought it was something incredibly important for better or worse. The navigator was certainly getting some glares as well as awestruck looks. Though to be honest, the angel could probably care less. "Regardless of whatever is going on....I truly don't care. Shin as soon as you are up on your feet we need to get moving on these repairs. Gallion isn't going to fix itself." He stated while keeping his eyes flicking between the individuals in the room, gauging their reactions and movements. Too many unknowns and not enough security. The soldier's instincts kicked in and it was telling him the situation could get very dangerous very quickly.

The cardinal's thoughts about the various questions he would ask were interrupted by the surprising amount of pain he felt in his chest. It felt like that landing had done more damage than he thought, most likely a broken rib or two.  However Adrian was able to ignore the pain and continue helping those around him. Even if some, like Shin for instance, were acting like a child not allowing others to help, Adrian wasn't going to let that stop him. " You need to worry about your health more than this ship Shin. No matter your feelings about it when push comes to shove it can be replaced. You can't be." The cardinal said picking up one of the blankets he had prepared and wrapping it over Shin from the front so that he would have the navigator's attention.

Well navigator didn't quite cut it anymore apparently. Turns out Shin is actually Edison. What a person like him was doing living under an assumed name was beyond the Cardinal, but it was no matter to him. He still felt responsible for helping everyone; especially now that Captian Ross just confirmed that he, along with everyone else here were part of her crew.  

After the medics took their required blood samples and gave him a quick look over they were actually a surprised how minor the cardinals injuries were. He chuckled and told them that God watched over him. After thanking the medics for their work Adrian moved towards Jack to continue their conversation. " so continuing where we left off...  why don't you share with me what you did before joining as part of the crew?"

Isaac had sat there holding his daughter, the chatter around him dulled to a low drone. There were now quite a few people in the medbay, many of which were completely unfamiliar, probably planet-side rescue teams. Exhaustion from today's events made it hard to focus, but he managed to vaguely thank the Cardinal for patching him up a bit and straightening his nose back out. The bleeding was down to almost nothing now. He noticed the Captain coming in with Aeva, but most of what she said to everyone slipped into the background buzz.

Sarah stared out at everyone, trying to take in everything at once. Her wide eyes darted back and forth across the room. She was frightened that her dad seemed hurt but he mostly seemed okay. One of the men from Edison asked Ross which of those aboard were part of the crew. The Captain's answer almost made Sarah jump up from Isaac's lap.

It took Isaac a moment to realize Sarah was staring at him with the biggest smile he had seen on her in a while. She was squeezing his arm as hard as she could and barely seemed to be able to contain excitement. 

"Did you hear?? Did you hear??" She whispered to him.

He returned her look with a mildly confused one but then replayed what he had been hearing. Something stood out, something that warranted a reaction. It took a moment but Ross's answer to the officer finally rose to the surface. A large grin split his face and he kissed Sarah on the cheek, leaving a dark smudge from the soot on him.

"Would you imagine that." He said quietly, "Looks like we found our new home sooner than I thought we would."

The rest of the action unfolding around him drifted back into focus and he watched with concern as Shin was released from that damned pod. Some of the planet-siders called him Mr. Edison. Strange for sure but it didn't mean much to him.

Inevitably, his eyes would trail back to Ross, standing in the middle of it all, watching Shin concernedly.

Even in this crashed, smashed up ship, she was captain and this was her crew. And he was part of it now. Whatever came next, he was going to be damned sure to help get this hulk flying again.

Hell of a woman.

Andrew and Micheal were indeed quick when the group noticed the bikes and the state of the bike bay. Andrew got one side while Micheal got the other. With a good light they were able to get the first bike up and standing, and then moved onto the next one. They looked about and noticed that for the most part the bikes seemed fine. Not much damage, but enough to show that something had happened. 

Raven rushed over and started to look over the engines. She grumbled as she had been trying to amp up their bikes, only for this to happen. Some of the new parts were damaged, and the only other parts they had to replace them with was the old ones...... But her eyes shot a bit wide when she recalled on where they could get new parts. They were on Edison, the home of riders and ships. If they could not find what they needed here... on Edison... Then they could not call themselves riders. 

Raven looked to Charlie with a smile. "Light damage, but nothing we can't fix... Here.... On Edison." She tried to hold back her excitement but the shit eating grin on her face was hard to hide.

Andrew smirked a bit as he looked over the bikes. He had always wanted to learn how to ride. To be a Rider was something special to him. Micheal was more of the muscle or maybe a mechanic, but Andrew was more than interested in becoming a Rider one day. "I'm sure that after we get this ship fixed up, we will have plenty of time to get the bikes all amped up." Andrew nodded.

Shin narrowed his eyes at Jack. He wanted to smack that smirk off his face as hard as he could. But Dax's laughter pulled him from his thoughts. The head officer looked up and over to Jack, he shook his head no. "His condition would not be the reason for the medical transport.... More likely his status." The officer looked over to one of the Edison medics. "I'll need a scan to finish the docs. Once that's done we will prepare for the transport." He mentioned to the other Edison medics and the other Edison officers. 

Shin let his eyes trail back over Aeva's tablet still in his hands. The condition of the Gallion was in worst shape than what everyone thought it was. 

Ross tilted her head a bit at Dax's words. As the situation played out Ross was getting ever more curious as to what Shin would be hiding. Sh could already shove together all the pieces, but the outcome seemed off. For instance, lets say Shin was Edison, a big shot racer living on one of the most loved planets in the verse, he could have anything and everything at his fingertips... So why would he leave, head out to the middle of no where.... and even change his name? He was too young to be over all the fame and fortune....

Ross eyed the Edison officers and medics. Their faces all showed mixed emotions towards Shin and the rest of the crew. 

She would keep her thoughts to herself at this time. 

Shin pointed to Aeva when the angel made a point that Shin could not refuse but to agree with. "You are so right." Shin nodded around the room. "I need my rest... Seeing as I have 'my' ship to fix." Shin stopped his gaze at Ross. His eyes narrowed a bit. "I mean did forfeit." Ross tilted her head but not in confusion... In anger. 'That little shit' she thought. Ross slowly shook her head at Shin, only for him to keep eye contact. Even when Adrian spoke his words and gave him another blanket. 

Shin's eyes went wide when he heard a small beep sound. He looked over and one of the medic girls had scanned his left wrist. She looked over the scan but before she could even get past his name on the screen Shin reached out and grabbed the scanner. He threw it to the floor and the machine broke. There was a bit of shock in the room over this action. "Get off my ship!" Shin pointed to the doors. 

The medics and the officers all turned to Shin. "Mr. Edison we are only here to help." The lead officer mentioned. Shin shot the officer a very angered look, "I don't think I should repeat myself." 

The silence in the room spoke loud and clearly. The officer turned to Ross. "Captain, I am asking your permission to enforce..." "She has no authority on this ship anymore..." Shin spoke up again. "She lost it when she landed on this planet." Shin once more locked eyes with Ross. You could tell there were a lot of thoughts running through Ross' mind.... But she would not say anything at this time. What she needed to say to Shin, was not something that needed to be displayed in front of the crew.

"He's right..." Ross looked back to the officer. "He is the owner of this ship and has higher authority then my own." She watched as the officer looked a bit confused. He looked back to Shin only to see the navigator pointing to the door and mouthing the word 'go'. 

The man slowly nodded, "Well then... It seems our services are not needed anymore." the man motioned for the others to follow as he started to make his way to the door. He paused and looked back into the room. "But don't think that I wont be back." His words seemed to have been directed to the whole room, but mostly to Shin. 

The other officers and medics started to pack up their things. Soon they were off following the lead officer.

Dax’s laughter tailed off, the silence which followed Shin’s command ringing louder than even his chuckles. Straightening he sobered and looked down at his friend as she conceded to Shin and admitted lower status. At first Dax was confused and a little taken aback, but as he ran through the recent conversation the first mate slowly caught up. Without realising, his hand tightened on Ross’ shoulder in an odd mixture of emotions which Dax couldn’t identify… some of it rage and bitterness and maybe protectiveness? No that wasn’t it.

However, Ross remained silent and Dax chose to follow her example, even if it did take everything in him to do so. Slowly, almost gingerly, Dax removed his hand from Ross’ shoulder as he took a step forward, the Edison medics skirting around him to leave. Crossing his arms, he waited until the Edison group had left, before he fixed Shin a hooded gaze.

“After everything that we just went through...” He growled below his voice, all traces of laughter gone… now he was reliving the anger from before, only now Shin had offered himself up on a nice little platter as a vent. “This is how you repay the people who saved your life?” Dax’s lips twisted into a snarl as his fist coiled at his side.

Jack on the other hand found keeping silent very easy and when Dax took a step forward, Jack took one back, a silent grin working his lips. It was only when the cardinal approached doctor, continuing his probing into Jack’s past that the man was forced to tear his eyes away from the promise of fireworks.

“Before I joined?” Jack repeated dumbly processing Adrian’s request slowly, half of Jack’s attention still focused on Ross, Dax and Shin. “Oh… I was just working here and there. Did the a little volunteer work in the outer ring planets.” Jack offered, “Such as TalRi. Most of the towns out there don’t exactly get the medical attention they need and it was something my father use to do, so…” Jack finished this with a smile and a shrug.

“In fact, before I found myself stepping abroad this ship, I had just finished some work in one of the smaller villages just outside the port. Had to deal with some nasty cases of Bowden’s Malsia…” He sighed here, rubbing a thumb anxiously along his brow. “A horrible disease when not caught early.” The jovial smile faded, Jack’s eyes traveling down to stare into his empty palms “But this is not something to dwell on.”

Jack moved his unfocused gaze upward and looked to the cardinal, patting the man gently on the shoulder. “It is better to focus on the here and now, no?” The past was sometimes a difficult thing to relive.

With that, Jack laughed gingerly, sweeping the sudden sullen emotion his had portrayed into oblivion although his shoulder’s remained slouched. “And the present is looking bright. It seems the crew has grown significantly.”

Charlie brushed away DJ rushed apologises with a gentle pat on the forearm, as she looked over her bike with a new perspective. At first, Charlie had to admit her heart had leapt up into her mouth when her eyes had soaked in the damage, but then along came Raven, with that brilliant sparkle in her eyes and reminding Charlie of one very important fact.

“We are on Edison.” Charlie agreed as she nodded to Andrew and Raven in turn, returning their smile with her own. “Okay. Only, now, we just have somehow fix up the ship enough to get off some ‘ground time’ but not enough that when Shin wakes up and demands we leave instantly…we can’t” The lead rider sighed, as she tapped her finger to her chin…

“Any ideas here guys?”

*I am really sorry guys. I really wanted to go into so much more depth with each character but work is on so I am a little limited time wise.*

Adrian listened to his new friend sincerely as he described his life as a physician on the outer ring. He had been to the outer rings himself before boarding the ship. He had made it his mission to visit even the most remote places that were part of the faith and help how he could.

Adrian as well had a good portion of his attention on the ensuing fight between Dax and Shin. He wanted to keep things from coming to blows, especially since Shin was no doubt weakened from his time in that machine, but at the same time he doubted that the rest of the crew would just let Dax do such a thing without interfering. 

With that all figured out in his mind the old Cardinal was able to put his focus more on his new friend Jack as he described the disease Bowden's Malsia and his trouble with it. Adrian was fortunate enough have never contracted it himself, but he had seen its effects from his mission work. 

Adrian placed his artificial right hand on Jack's shoulder and offered and somber smile, " Indeed, though the past may be full of horrors we can always find the light of compassion when we are with friends. Jack my so- my friend. I was wondering if you could help me with a more personal matter."  Adrian said in a more hushed voice. He wasn't exactly comfortable discussing his mental baggage with the entire crew, though if they were all part of the crew, maybe he should be more open....

@Lokipi

His avalon curiosity was screaming at him to try and get to the bottom of all of this but was being overshadowed by the need to fix the injustice of what he just heard. Apparently, Shin and the captain had worked out some sort of deal about this planet but the legitimacy of this was on incredibly shaky ground. If Ross hadn't done what she did, they would all be dead, Shin included. 

"So what I'm understanding is that you would have preferred that we all died a fiery death than land on this planet? I don't think the grounds to whatever deal you made can be used against the captain in this case. She made the choice she made to save all of our miserable lives, including yours." 

The avalon arched a black eyebrow before continuing, "I was hired by Captain Ross not 'Mr. Edison.' So my loyalty lies with her. The woman who made the decision to save our lives over the one who can't see past his own ego. I honestly don't think the crew would appreciate how you feel about this Prickly human. They might take action, maybe even....what's the human word....mutiny?"

The false angel chuckles to himself and shrugs his good shoulder before continuing, " I think you could prevent all that by realizing that the deal you made lost its legitimacy given the circumstances." Aeva was always good at working crowds and people. A silver tongue in contrast with his blood red appearance. Intimidation and coercion was sometimes a much greater weapon than force or violence. 

(This post was originally much, much, longer but the site crashed and I lost everything and I'm not rewriting that entire long ass post. Sorry guys.)

Once the Edison medics and officers left all hell was going to break loose. Shin rolled his eyes at both Dax and Aeva's words. "You know what... You both are right." He stated in a sarcastic tone. "You joined Ross' crew.. Not mine." He sounded angered... Which seemed normal at this point. "But the moment she, "Shin pointed to Ross, "Decided to land on this planet... She went back on her word.... Or should I say mine and Ross' agreement." Shin let his shoulders drop as he shook his head at her. "Apparently you really don't trust me or this ship..." Shin looked down at Aeva's tablet and started to run his fingers across the screen. His head shook every so often as he read over the readings. 

"You didn't even give the Gallion time to react to the situation." Shin place the tablet down next to him as he ran his hands over his face in frustration. 

Ross stayed quiet as she watched Shin and the others in the room. She knew about their agreement and knew what part of it she broke. Upon breaking her half of the agreement the ship now belonged to Shin. She seemed a little out of it as she was in deep thought. 

Val stayed laying in her bed as she listened to the words being exchanged throughout the room. She frowned deeply as she watched her captain and her navigator come to a close it seemed. "Why?" She asked in an almost hushed voice. She looked to Shin. "Why was Edison off limits?" 

Shin merely let his eyes shift over to Val for a second or two before he looked back to the tablet. 

"Shin?" Val asked for his attention. 

Shin placed the tablet down on a table nearby. "How about we just drop the subject." Shin pulled the blankets closer to himself trying to keep warm. "And you can have the stupid ship back.." Shin rolled over and left his back towards the others. Shin's words got confused looks from both Val and Ross. Ross took a step closer to Shin, "I said drop it." Shin uttered as if he knew she was going to try and continue the conversation. Ross narrowed her eyes at his words. But as she glanced around the room she could tell this conversation really should have stayed between her and Shin like it always had. 

Ross let out a breath, "I'm going to go check up on the others..." She turned to Dax and gave him a solid look before leaving the room. 

Raven smiled to Charlie as she thought about the question. "What mama doesn't know wont hurt her right?" She asked with her devious smile. 

Both Andrew and Micheal seemed to catch onto her words rather quickly. Mama meant Ross, and her thoughts were simple... Sneak out, go have fun and then come back before anyone knew they were gone. Oh how they didn't know that they were right on the money. 

Raven looked to both Charlie and Dj, "How about it 'Rocket Man'?" She asked in a playful mood. "It seems to me that maybe you have been here at least once before." Raven tilted her head, "You can show us around a bit and maybe even find some trouble without getting into trouble?" Her question was more of a statement. 

(Sorry the this was so short.... I had one of those writing moments where my mind hated me. lol)

"....huh....Would you look at that? Prickly human isn't so Prickly after all. Or maybe he just saw sense. Who knows?" He said to no one in particular. The angel now had his arm in a sling from the medics and Aeva had directed them on how to create a sling for his shoulder and wing. The entire right wing was held tight to his back and folded in comfortably. The weight was now comfortably back in place to his much needed relief and it didn't take long for him to start moving around on two feet. While he was still in a great amount of pain, Aeva could at least walk around with dragging his wing behind and making it far worse. 

The angelic being made his way over to Shin and grabbed his custom tablet back from the navigator's cold grip. He maneuvered the screen around and took a glance at the schematics Shin was looking around in. While what Aeva found before was messy, Shin seemed to like looking at the dirtiest areas of the destruction. The avalon couldn't help but let out a small sigh and shake his head with a frown upon his face. The damages weren't going to repair themselves and no one had even started yet. Broken shoulder, grounded, some kind of concussion, aggravated, and confused, the soldier pressed on without further conversation. He waved bye to Val as much as he could with his arm in a sling and left the room muttering to himself about all the work that had to be done. "...never...work...........such.....damn mess.......believe this........" 

We're the only audible (and coherent) words that could be heard as he exited the room to what surely was the definition of working yourself to death. 

DJ raised an eyebrow at Raven with the mention of 'rocket man', that was a new one and it was certainly better than some other nicknames he had received throughout the years so he accepted it with a smile. 

"On my past visits I was quite... What's the word... Incapacitated. AKA I was basically black-out drunk the whole time I was here." He smiled and shrugged his shoulders before pointing a finger to the sky and standing in his most confident pose, "However, I will do my best to find the most untroublesome-troublesome activity available." 

He grinned with excitement as the ideas started whirling around in his head of what the five of them could possibly do. Edison was always a good time and he was really looking forward to spending more time and getting to know Charlie better as well as letting her get to know him. Besides what better place to do that than the the planet best known for it's constant partying. 

"Well there's always a bunch of casino's that are connately open, we can sneak in and pretend to be millionaires. Or we can convince drunk people to get married. Oh! Or we can play Run from the Mafia which is where we throw things at known gang members and run away! OH! Or we can pretend to be chauffers and take people's really nice cars for a 'test drive'!"

With every new idea that came to mind DJ got more and more giddy as he began to imagine the possibilities, in fact, he had reached the point where he was bouncing like a 5-year-old child waiting for a gift. 

"Or we can do something more boring like walk around one of the markets or something, it all depends on how much time you think we'll have before they notice we're gone." His excitement had gone down slightly but only because he was afraid of intimidating his new friends, other than that he was still thrilled about the mini-escape they were about to stage. He figured that they would still have a couple hours due to the fact that the others and Ross would be dealing with the human-popsicle that is Shin. Of course DJ couldn't be more wrong and Ross was barreling down on them now, but he didn't know this.

"Well, we should probably go now to us a maximum amount of time. Where's the quickest way off the ship?" He asked. 

(I'm not sure if there are cars on planets so I just went with it, but I can change it if need be :\)

Isaac stared quietly, watching the tense back and forth. He had seen plenty of disagreements between ship owners and captains and all sorts of squabbles amongst command. He had kept his head down throughout all of those, not wanting to lose a job. With a frustrated start, he realized he hadn't managed to keep any of those positions anyways. With his jaw set in newfound determination, he sat Sarah to the side and stood up. Before he could say anything about the ship all but tearing itself apart around them Shin had already told Ross she could keep the ship and she left the medbay, followed by Aeva who took the other direction down the corridor.

He walked to the door and watched as the captain rounded the corner out of sight. He ground his teeth in thought as he tore his gaze from the hall back to Sarah who stared back at him questioningly. 

"Aeva," He called back into the corridor, "Hold a moment," 

Isaac went back to Sarah and brushed her hair back, to kiss her forehead. "I'm proud of you, girl. You handled all this better than I did." He told her quietly, "I think we still have a home here, I just need to help get it back into the air. Don't leave the ship, stay out of the way, okay? And don't go anywhere that says it's off-limits."

She nodded and Isaac smiled before kissing her forehead again.

With an unsure glance at Shin's back, Isaac patted Dax's shoulder, needing to reach up higher than he originally thought, and set out down the hall after his winged crew-mate.

"I might have to find where-ever the hell my tools ended up in the crash, but what needs immediate attention? Are fires still suppressed?" The rest of his questions faded into the distance to those still in the medbay as he walked briskly down the hall.

This is going to be the biggest pain in back of my life so far....fixing an entire ship single-handedly.....literally...

Aeva's eyes wandered to his tablet to once again assess the damages and the urge to lapse into insanity threatened to take him over again, albeit for completely different reasons this time. It was also going to be willing this time. That was until he heard his name being called from within the medbay. Or not? Can things possibly be looking up? Aeva did pause and turn to wait for whoever the source of the voice was. It was a brief moment of waiting before Isaac, one of the men that was in the thick of it with him down in the engine rooms, made his way out of the room and down the corridor. He began asking for a damage report and where their efforts were most needed and in response, the avalon cracked a smile. This was the first person he was starting to consider a comrade since he arrived on this ship. 

"Well, to be blunt, almost everything is in ruins. Though if I had to choose where to start, I'd say our main focus should be getting the main power back online. We are running on auxiliary but that shouldn't last for more than a few more days at best. Hours at worst. After that, we have the engines which are utterly destroyed, fried....everything, navigation is shot, the system is starting to fail, reactor is having dangerous fluctuations and I'm afraid it'll go into meltdown unchecked, and probably 13 other MAJOR problems." Aeva pauses to take a breath after realizing he had said all of that in one breath before continuing. "Your tools should still be in the engine room. I say get the power online is first on the list but to be honest, programming, hacking, and system software are where my main talents are when it comes to repairs. Mechanics I'm at an adept level but I'm not an expert. So I'll give you the reins on what should we priotize. Your probably the superior mechanic and I'll try to help as much as I can with one arm and also keep the systems in check as best I can." The crimson angel passes Isaac the tablet with the full damage report open so that he could see any details that Aeva had left out but the main points had already been covered. All that was left to do....

Is get to work....

@hootie0813

Isaac took the tablet with his metal hand and scanned the contents as he listened to Aeva. It didn't take long before he blew air roughly between his lips in exasperation. This needed TEAMS of people. So far, they had ONE team of two.

He shook his head before answering. "Well, power should be the first priority. Your'e right, this backup power won't last long with the generator leaking fuel." He ran his hand though his messy hair then scratched his beard. "We get the power up and running, then the computer systems might actually be reliable enough for you to keep the reactor from killing what's left of the ship while I manually close off all the fuel lines so they don't blow off the back half of the ship."

He sighed in mild frustration. It didn't look like they were going to get any rest any time soon.

"Maybe with the power on, we can get... Charlie, was it?... to bring us some food as we work. After I deal with the engines I can meet you in the reactor room to assist with any physical adjustments that might be necessary."

At another glance at the tablet, Isaac shook his head in bewilderment. "Turret one is turning on and off. I thought I heard someone mention the weapons were all down. I'll have to find that at some point and completely disconnect that from the rest of the ship so it doesn't get us in trouble with local authorities. Jesus what a mess. Okay. I'll go collect what I can of my tools, I'm sure they're strewn all over the engine room, and meet you to get power back up."

With that, he took off down the other hall at a trot. 

@shadowz1995

"Then I'll meet you there."

The weight of the task before them really started to make itself known when Aeva grabbed the tablet again and started making his way to the generators. The walk there was enough to make the flying alien want to pull his hair out. Panels were blown out of place, loose wiring, destroyed circuitry, malfunctioning door locks, and plenty more. A literal shit storm and from what Aeva can remember from his high speed programming antics before the ship crashed, the whole vessel was a twisted puzzle of headaches and ruin. 

The walk itself was uneventful but when the avalon arrived to the generator room it made him want to turn away and cry. Chaos was the equivalent of a box of kittens in comparison to how bad this section of the Gallion was. Regardless, it needed to be done and everyone else was occupied with something. He looked over the scans one more time before shaking his head and placing the device down. It was going to need manual intervention and the place to start was the chaotic, out of place wiring. Aeva reached in with his good arm and began to rearrange the insides of generators. While he was fixing this issue, something came to his attention. Everything was.....wrong. The way this all worked was almost the same as how the software and programming looked. A complete mess and looked like a five year old attempting to preform a liver transplant. However, if that was the case then it also meant that there was some method to the madness that Aeva couldn't see. The angel had already made some kind of sense from the programming but he hadn't had a chance to really poke through it just yet. The wiring and circuits on the other hand was not something he was an expert on. Just pretty good. 

Now while Aeva wasn't an expert, it didn't mean he made novice mistakes. Especially not something as green as wiring something incorrectly and receiving a unknown godforsaken amount of electricity into his body. Which is exactly what happened to the poor man. The electricity ran through his body for a second and caused every muscle to lock and contract from the energy coursing through his flesh without restraint. The pain that radiated through his body was the equivalent of replacing the blood in his body with magma. It was only a second but that second felt like five minutes of straight electricity running through him like a live current. After he managed to release himself, the avalon fell backwards and hit the cold floor with a resounding THUD! Now the fact his whole body locked up already hurt horribly and only further increased the pain on his shoulder because of the tension. Now he fell flat on his back. His wings are on his back and directly connected to the rest of him. So the impact drew a scream that sounded like pissed off bear that got shot in the shoulder. A scream that not even the shock he received was able to draw out of him. 

The male started blistering, both metaphorically and literally, from the pain induced rage and electricity that seared the skin of his left hand. The avalon didn't know which to clutch in pain, so he settled with letting out a infuriated yell and kicking the hell out of the wall for simply existing. After a few minutes of swearing and kicking, the avalon sat down on the floor and waited for Isaac to arrive. With his hand now sizzling and the opposite shoulder broken, he wasn't going to be able to do ANYTHING physical other than pushing buttons on a holo screen at half his regular speed.....which was still incredibly fast by normal standards.

@hootie0813

DAX

Dax held his ground beneath the pointed stare of Ross, his stubbornness showing if only for a second before the first mate gave in the hierarchical order and withdrew back a few steps. There was no need to fight nor argue now that the chain of command had reverted back to Ross. Where it rightfully belonged.

Letting out a begrudging sigh, the man gave a light nod in return to Isaac’s friendly pat, before casting his gaze towards the remaining crowd. Everything seemed under control, Jack and Adrian too busy exchanging quiet words to pay much attention to him, while Val remained prone and resting.

Sarah was also present, tucked neatly into the small seating cove and as quiet as a mouse, seeming happy to watch from her seat. Dax made no move towards the girl, however, on seeing her the man notably brightened by her presence. Thank the goddess she had made it through the crash unscathed.

“Do you need any further assistance?” Dax asked as he returned his attention back to the others, hoping to stall his next action a little longer.

“No. But thank you for the offer. Best now to let my patients rest.” Came Jack’s clipped reply, as the man tore his piercing gaze away from the Cardinal for only a few seconds with only a tense smile accompanying his words. Dax nodded, then retreated without further notice. Aeva and Isaac had moved off to begin repairs, something which Dax would help with, just after he checked in with Ross.

After that he would resign himself to the engine room, where he had noted several issues which were within his capabilities to fix. So long as he survived the next encounter anyway.

Presuming Ross has taken one of the shorter routes towards the main hanger bay in pursuit of the troublesome bikers, Dax carefully staggered after his captain, the wound on his head still unseen to, although thankfully it had stopped bleeding.

It took a good five minutes from that point on to catch up with Ross, despite the captain only having a minute or so head start on the giant. However, on catching a glimpse of the woman as he rounded a corner, Dax found himself sluggish and a little unwilling to put in the speed to draw level with his fiend. He had much to apologise for and despite honour being important, pride often became an obstacle which Dax would have to navigate.

“Ross,” he began, after a few minutes of mentally wrestling with himself and eventually picking up his pace to close the distance between them. “I need to…I am… I am sorry if I over step my bounds. Back there. It was unprofessional of me.”

@NovaNovass

Leave the ship or stay and help as ordered by the captain?

For goodness sake, the question should have been an easy one to answer for someone of Charlie’s position. However, as perusal, Charlie’s aptitude for mischief, trouble and all things unprofessional made weighing the options difficult for the lead rider.

This was not to say that the women was not good enough for her position and if they were in an actual life threatening situation, Charlie would have perhaps thought differently over the next minutes. However, as things so happened, they were not in a life threatening position but rather in a stationary, smouldering ship. Really, anything which could have gone wrong already had…so where was the harm? It’s not like they could make things worse. Right?

This was one two major realisations came into play.

One, beyond the hull of the ship lay the very planet which Charlie had spent a life time dreaming about visiting since she had been enrolled in the academy and her transformation to tomboy has occurred. Two, the Gallion was grounded for the foreseeable future and their bikes were in dire need of attention…

Alright the last bit might perhaps be a little bit of an exaggeration, but you went with what you had in these situations.

“Well…what are riders without bikes?” Charlie reasoned out loud. “Plus Capt’ knows our bikes are a necessity to our work here on the ship. Would be foolish not make the most of what is available to us in such situations. We get to upgrade and fix our bikes and Ross gets two more capable riders.” Charlie gave a lazy shrug, before an asymmetrical grin twitched across her lips. “Win-win really.” She concluded, with a gentle slap on DJ’s shoulder. “Plus we have the best guide out there!”

Winking to the brothers, the girl then rubbed her hands together excitedly.

“Okay. If we are going to do this, we better act fast before my better judgement kicks in.” Charlie said, “We won’t take our hanger door. Opening it will alert anyone in the system. But the main hanger door is still open. If we are quick… we should make it.” The girl nodded.

@Khaz

@NovaNovass

Jack had been happy to watch all the ugliness unfold between Shin and his fellow crew mates, but unfortunately, Shin as well as Adrian had other plans for him. Shin presently withdrew into his sulky shell as he returned command back to Ross without much of a fight, while Adrian tugged at the edges of Jack’s attention with a pat on the shoulder.

Turning his cool gaze back to the cardinal, the man’s eyebrows rose with curiosity at the man’s request. Echoing the cardinal’s gesture, Jack placed a hand on the man’s shoulder and offered a gentle smile as he nodded.

“Of course.” He began, jovially chuckling and only stopping briefly to wave away Dax’s question. “You have helped me when one else could. I am entirely within your debt, Cardinal. Please, ask away.” Jack offered before furrowing his brow he rose a solitary finger as a request for a minute.

With this, Jack then turned to Shin and lay the medical gown over the end of his bed.

“I’ve gotten you too far now to watch you die from hypothermia, and while Dr. Black is resting, you are in my care. Please change, you’ll be more comfortable.” Jack offered, his voiced stern and edged.   When he was done, he returned to the Cardinal, not waiting for Shin’s acid reply.

“Come, I noticed that one of the brothers had cleared a workstation. We can talk there if you like.” Jack offered, as he motioned to the other half of the extensive med bay, taking Adrian’s request as something that needed privacy.

@SleepyBuddha

Adrian nodded and began walking over to the other half of the med bay for the privacy he felt he needed to unburden himself about his less than optimal mental condition to Jack. As he felt it was his job to support the crew in a more mentally than spiritual manner, considering that none of them are religious he would basically act as their councillor, he didn't want everyone to know of his own mental instability. " Thank you for going along with my request Jack. What I'm about to share I do so with confidence that it stays between us." Adrian said looking back to Jack as they reached the more private part of the medical bay. " Since my time in the military I've been dealing with PTSD, flashbacks, hallucinations, the whole nine yards. My religious beliefs tell me it is punishment for all those I killed in defense of my home world. That I bear with me the mark of Cain. At the same time I know that it is something wrong with my mind. I need your help in managing my symptoms before I go in too far and end up hurting someone." Adrian's tone was hushed and completely serious. He fears that he almost killed the hijackers in the middle of a flashback and that the stressful situation may have made him a risk to the rest of the crew.

@Lokipi

The tool-bag, was of course, almost entirely empty.

Isaac glared down at the bag in frustration, even though this was what he expected. He shrugged and set about to tracking down the instruments. It didn't take him too long. Though one of his wrenches was lodged in between some engine parts in a position that should've been impossible to get into. Isaac glanced around, listening for anyone coming to the engines. Not hearing any footsteps, he looked back with a guilty expression. His tools weren't cheap. And this engine was definitely dead. With a quick tug of his mechanical arm, he tore off the part holding the wrench and stored it in his bag. 

At this point he was only missing a few minor things so he left the engine room, heading to the power core of the ship. It took him a while to get there and as he rounded a corner he heard banging and cursing. And a burning smell..

He peeked in the room.

"Dammit, Feathers, are you alright?" The winged man was banged up as it was from the crash and now his left arm was blistered and burned. Ozone pricked at Isaac's nose and he realized what happened. He dropped down, unrolling a roll of bandages he kept in his pack. That was about the extent of his first aid in the bag unfortunately.

"How bad is it? Do we need to get you back to the medbay or are you able to carry on?" he asked As he wrapped the hand as well as he could.

@shadowz1995

Users who are viewing this thread