Project Black IC

Rules!!!! No one liners.. Paragraphs Please keep anything out of character in the OOC thread No power playing Be nice (More will be added if needed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ross walked onto the bridge of the Gallion. The room was spaced and had two pilot seats on either side. One was closer to the front of the bridge while the other was pulled back slightly. The windows showed nothing but the distance of space. She let her eyes watch the black sky for a moment before looking around the room. The seat to her left was the one that was pulled back. This was where the navigator sat, while the other would be the first pilot spot.

She tilted her head as she saw a pair of legs sticking out from under the seat. She let her shoulders drop as she already had an idea of who it was. She walked over and placed a hand on the back part of the chair. "Working hard?" she asked.

She honestly wasn't sure why she started the conversation, but had a feeling like it needed to be started.

"Hardly working." A voice came from under the navigation station. Shin slid himself out from under the control board and reached out a hand to Ross. Ross took it and pulled him to his feet. Ross stood around five foot seven inches, pretty much the same height as her navigator.

Shin turned to the control board and flipped a few switches while adding in a button or two. He smiled widely and raised his hands in the air. "Finally!" he let out a rough breath as he popped into the navigator chair.

Ross had no idea what he was doing but she liked it when things worked on her ship.

Shin didn't even look over his shoulder to even ask. "Did you need something?"

Ross shook her head with a huff. "No... Just that dinner is almost ready." she told him. She patted the chair before turning and leaving the bridge.

"I'll be down in a minute."

She smiled a little to herself when she heard Shin's voice as she reached the door.

She stepped out and headed down the long hallway to the more common areas. There she would step into what looked like a dinning room and kitchen mixed together. The Gallion could house more then 200 people comfortably. She only figured that this area was truly meant for the pilots and others working nearby. There were a few rooms like this, but this was the one they used to have their meals.

To this day Ross wondered why she had picked this ship. Of all the ships in the Verse, she had to pick this one. The past few years they had just been able to get by. If she couldn't get a bigger crew, this ship would fail to fly. She took a seat at the table and placed her hands before her. The tails of a captain were heavy. And the only reason this ship was still in the sky was because of the crew she had already collected. She wouldn't trade them for the Verse.

"Please tell me you didn't cook."

Well.... Maybe not all of them. She turned around to see Shin walking into the room. She shook her head. "I believe it was Charlie's turn." she noted to him. Shin shrugged and took a seat at the table.

She watched as Shin placed a tablet on the table. He carried this almost every where he went. It was his way of making sure the ship was working. Any alerts or any signs of the ship not functioning right, this little computer tablet would let him know.

"How's the ship running?" She asked.

Shin looked to her with a dull expression. As if asking why.

Ross rolled her eyes. "Fine.. I wont ask...." Ross paused for a moment as Shin turned to his tablet. Ross watched Shin's fingers dance over the screen. "Are you sure we should be flying her?"

Shin looked back t her with the same dull expression.

Ross narrowed her eyes as the two seemed to have a mental argument where Shin gave in. "It's not looking very good here captain." Shin spoke. "We need more then just parts, we need more people." Shin frowned a little.

Ross nodded slowly.

Wistin or Wasp as he was known by his crew mates, had been in the hangar of Gallion for five hours training in pure hand to hand combat. He would normally practice his nether arts but the last fight he had gotten into he won but he felt that he did poorly when using his fists. He had won by 98% he thought as he calculated all of the swings, punches, and elbows he had thrown and all of the damage he had given versus the damage he had received. He had broken seven of his opponents ribs both of their jawlines and he had fractured one of their legs in seventeen places along the femur and calf. He received a small cut on his knuckle because he didn't punch correctly. From the outside it would seem that Wistin was overreacting. But the fact that the enemy hadn't dealt him damage and the only damage he received was from himself infuriated him to the point of snapping. His breaths came in harsh intakes and his punches flew in and out at high speeds. "It isn't enough!" He screamed as he punched a hole his 64th nylon wired carbon punching bags and knocked it of it's hook ten feet away. Wistin looked down with a dark expression and grabbed another punching bag. He dragged the fifty pound bag to the hook and hung it. He was about to start whaling on the bag when he smelled something burning. Being prepared for an attack, Wistin sneaked into the shadows and crept to the door frame of the dining/kitchen area and peered around the corner. He saw that it was only captain Ross and shin so he moved smoothly through the shadows from a chair to the underside of the table unnoticed by Ross or shin. He lied back against one of the table legs and listened to the rather unpleasant conversation between his close crew mate and captain. After he heard shin say, "We need more then just parts, we need more people" He couldn't help but agree. He sat considering possibilities. HE sifted through about 50 planets and settled on a small inner planet that was populated but not quite a city planet as of yet. The planet he was thinking of Mevdos was of little to no reaver's and mechanic's, technician's, gunner's, and crew members all the like went there to relax and lay low for a while. There they could find the personnel they were seeking. Wistin calculated the risk of dying to be .01%, the risk of getting in a fight 20%, the likelihood of fining the ones they were looking for 67%, and the chance that Gallion would get stolen 91%. Wistin began taking badly burnt but still edible food from the table. He was surprised that he hadn't been discovered yet. Regardless, Wistin mulled the numbers and figures over in his mind before he finally determined a good solution. "Captain, I have the plan we need" Wistin stated from under the table. "We need to get the weapons system active, Shin and i can do that, then we need to go to Mevdos to pick up crew mates. There is plenty of good material in Mevdos." "You could ask for the numbers and calculations but i think you'd better trust me, it would take you a while." Wistin said with a distracted still calculating voice. He reached up for more food as he waited for a response from captain Ross.

Charlie let out a low curse, as she crouched down in front of the oven to inspect the glass door, unaware that the others had gathered on the other side of the serving stations to sit. Charlie had attempted to cook bread using what little supplies were on the ship, however, what now bubbled questionably in the small baking tray within, looked more like a melted relative of ‘morph’ than something edible. On the stove, more pots bubbled, one of which Charlie had managed make resemble scrambled eggs by using the last of their butter, whilst in another she had placed dried mushrooms in a pot. Slowly, the small shriveled forms had began to plump up, looking reasonably appetising. But none of this mattered. Oh no. What was the point of scrambled eggs and mushrooms if there was no toast?

This was the reason why Charlie now crouched, like some curled cat stalking prey, in front of the oven. Her eyes not moving from their target. Of course, it wasn’t like staring at it was going to make the protein paste behave. Unfortunately life did not work like that. But Charlie, none the less, continued to threaten her work with a steely gaze. The mass on the other hand, continued to do its own thing and after a few minutes it had stopped bubbling, making Charlie drop her guard for the briefest of seconds, before the mix then began to heave. Like some living thing, the top of the mixture began to rise and fall in a rhythmic nature. Almost as if it was breathing.

Mortified, Charlie’s face contoured, all faint remanences of hope being removed from her delicate features to be replaced with an odd mix of horror and fascination. As if hypnotized by the gasping mass, Charlie leaned closer to the glass like a child watching a new curious creature at a zoo.

I don’t believe it…”Charlie began, her eye brows arching to such a point that they disappeared below her fringe. “I did it! They all said I was mad! But I did it!” Slowly her voice began to rise in low tones, triumphant against the steely silence of the surrounding kitchen, before the girl let out a mocking malevolent laugh. Throwing her hands in the air to the applause of no one but the girl’s sense of humour, Charlie shouted dramatically. “I have created life! Bow down puny mortals for I AM A GOD AMONG MEN!

It was here, that from within the oven, the gentlest ‘pop’ sounded, stopping Charlie, mid evil laugh, as she dropped to her knees and grabbed the oven door, tugging it open. She didn’t know what she was expecting, but whatever it was, it was not going to be good.

Within, the pulp which have been breathing had met an explosive baking end. Goo now coated the oven, dripping from the roof in thick masses. “Ergh!” Charlie explained, as her lips pursed together to form a painful grimace, before the girl then shrugged and grinned.

Toast. Potato mash. They are basically the same thing. The guys won’t know.

Grabbing a spatula, Charlie then set to work collecting the goo, which Charlie discovered had questionable lumps in it, slopping the mix into a large plastic bowl before then turning her attention to the more successful portions of her cooking. The fact that her crew mates had been sat less than 30 feet away, and therefore most certainly heard every word Charlie had monologued in her godly declaration, Charlie only just realised when she turned and spotted the little gathering. Cringing a little inwardly, Charlie knew she would just have to act as if nothing had happened. So when she appeared from behind the serving counters, arm laden with bowls filled with eggs, mushrooms, beans and 'the mash', Charlie beamed, whilst trying not to look uncomfortably awkward.

Of course, she didn’t exactly realise she had entered the room with completely the wrong energy and continued to plough on with announcing her arrival with a fake, French accent.

Dinner is, a ‘served... well technically its more like a breakfast sort of meal at dinner time.

Dumping the bowls down on the table where Ross and Shin sat, Charlie almost completely missed Wasp sat in beneath the table until she sprawled onto a chair opposite Ross and her legs touched something.

Letting out a surpirse "Woah", Charlie quickly recoiled from her seat to stare at the hulking man beneath the table top. "What the frack, Wasp!" Charlie breathed, "I got all excited thinking we had gotten a dog when I felt you under there."

In truth, although Charlie had always liked Wasp, as really he was a big softie. His past had lead to him have creepy tendencies which Charlie had never really gotten use to...like sitting under the table. Just as this thought crossed Charlie's mind however, she quickly noticed the burnt scraps which had been left from lunch that day in Wasp's plate and almost giggled.

You know. My cooking usually tastes better when warm, Wasp.” Charlie offered as she folded her arms over her chest with a grin, before glancing back at the others and gesturing to the bowls set before them. “I present to you, beans, mushrooms, eggs and…mash.” The last part of this list peaked in a questionable way, but Charlie continued to beam, pushing on before anyone could question it.

Dig in! and oh,” Grabbing a chair, Charlie pulled it back and patted the seat, glancing down at Wasp, still tucked away. "Come sit next to me alright? I don't want to be playing accidental footsie with your face or something."

With this, Charlie returned to her seat and began to spoon food onto her plate furiously, before pausing as she recalled such things as manners.

So, what you guys been up to?” She began, smiling, before cocking an eye brow at Shin. “Did you get the cast this morning from Edison? Another race is due today. Delilah, you know that big hairy racer, is going to be in it. First race since they found out he was on ‘Ambrosia’. Can’t believe they let him back on the circuit! Ten credits o him getting disqualified before the second lap.

"What we were talking about was how we need new people on gallion." Wistin said rubbing his bruised and split knuckles. "I was saying that we should go to Mevdos. It is an inner ring planet and many well trained pilots, gunners, medics, and other people in different positions go to Mevdos for small vacations and to get new jobs with better ships." Wistin stated factually.

Wistin ran some more numbers through his head. He calculated the needs of the different parts of the ship and crew, placing the need for mechanics at 97%, the need for a first mate at 89%, the need for a dedicated cook and supply manager at 78%, and the need for weapons technicians at 72%.

"We need mechanics first, then a first mate, next a dedicated cook and supply manager, then weapons technicians." Wistin said as he moved from his shadowy spot under the table to the chair next to charlie, casually muttering, "Thanks charlie." "Again Cap, i think you should just trust me about the numbers. I know shin does a lot to maintain the ship but i know everything about ships and based on it's energy flux, quantum stability, and atmosphere, we need the crew members I just stated in that order."

Wistin peered into the goo that he knew was supposed to be bread but it had turned out to be quite another thing. "I am beginning to question your earlier statement about creating life. It does seem that this, for lack of a better word, goo, has obtained some form of bacterial life. I find that quite unattractive." Wistin said with a slight frown hinting his absolute disgust of the pulpy mass in front of him. Regardless of his liking of any of the food, he placed a small amount of each bit on his plate. He first took a bit of the living goo and convulsed. "You are indeed the god of bacterial much," he said. Wistin did not conclude his sad attempt of a swallow with projectile stomach fluid but it was very nearly at that point. He then took small bits of all of the other foods present, the eggs and mushrooms and he decided that those had reasonable taste and consistency to them. "Next time i think you should stick to eggs and mushrooms as those don't elicit nearly a disgusting response as your bread goo did." Wistin told Charlie with a small shiver of apparent dislike.

Wistin continued eating consciously avoiding the rest of the "bread goo" as he had titled it.

As Wistin was eating he would periodically blurt calculations based from quantum theory and relativity as he decided how much farther the ship could go. The main thing he was worried about was the ships drive not being able to handle the requirements for getting to Mevdos. He put the Gallion's ability to get there without a stop for maintenance at a 50% chance. The distance needed to get to Mevdos was .5 light years and based on the quantum outputs of the the drive from the Gallion, it was running out. It was always possible that the Gallion could make it but Wistin put for a safe guess that the Gallion would make it only .23 light years.

"Another thing captain, I calculated the quantum theory for the Gallion's drive, and if we don't stop for maintenance i'm putting a safe bet that it will only last us about .23 more light years. Assuming we're going to Mevdos, we will need at least .5 light years of distance to get to Mevdos. I place the chance of one more particle collision that would give us enough energy to make it to Mevdos at 50%. It's your choice, but I recommend Mevdos to get more crew and I recommend that we stop for repairs before hand." Wistin said, sucking in a huge breath at the end of his long statement.

Wistin proceeded to poking Charlie in the side and looking away as he finished up his breakfast as he waited for the captain to decide what to do. "Let me remind everyone that if you want to be trained it's at 9:30 with me. It's currently 8:00." Wistin informed everybody as he finished his breakfast/dinner "stuff" and got up from the table.

Ross really didn't care much for outside words when it came to what actions to take next. Ross was very strict about this. Unless she asked for your opinion... She didn't want to hear it. And all this talk from Wasp about heading to the inner planets, she was starting to get a little.... Her mood went from irritated to a cheeky smirk once she noticed the look on Shin's face. He looked down right pissed as he glanced under the table when Wasp started to speak. Ross on the other hand felt that she didn't have to look.

When it came to the Gallion Shin had this thing about him. He hated people telling him anything about the ship. Or it's performance. Shin sat back up and looked to his tablet. "We are not going to the inner planets." Shin said in a bitter tone as he tapped away at the screen. "Honestly the guy is like a freaking eaves dropping ninja...." Shin shook his head a bit.

Ross smiled as her attention took note of Charlie in the kitchen. The girls evil laugh brought a bright smile to her face. She had such energy. And she could cook.

The room had gone from quiet to very much active in a matter of seconds.

She could smell the food as Charlie brought it out. She could care less about the girls trial and errors. Ross watched as Charlie set down the food. Wasp was already at it again with the ratios and what they should do. It urked her a little as he kept mentioning where they should go.

As she filled her plate she watched as Shin broke off from his little anger state when Charlie mentioned the cast about the races on Edison.

He perked up just a little but sounded annoyed still. "The cast did come in." He started, "But I would still have my bets on Beck... He's been around for years and has already raced with some of the greats." When Shin said greats he meant when a racer named Edison was still racing. "I don't think Delilah has a chance against Beck." He shrugged.

But his mood slipped back to anger when Wasp took his seat and spoke up again. Shin narrowed his eyes at the other. "We are not going to the inner planets. For one Mevdos is a joke when it comes to pilots, and crew members." The mention of this planet seemed to have triggered something within Shin. "All the good crew men go there for vacation..." He mocked, "Only because they are rich little kids who couldn't handle Edison." He stated.

Raven walked in at the beginning of Shin's words. She tilted her head as she walked over to Wasp and Charlie. "Awww, are you upsetting the mean navigator again?" she asked as she patted the Quartermaster's head gently. She looked up to Shin. "Honestly, with all the amp you give Edison makes me wonder why we haven't been there yet." Raven stated as she took a seat next to Charlie.

She sat down and started to fill up her plate like the captain. "Food looks and smells great." Raven had been looking forward to Charlie's cooking all week. When the Rider cooked it was like heaven to her taste buds. Out of all of them she filled up her plate the most.

She looked over to Shin and then back to Charlie, "Did the cast come in about the races?" she asked. She too was a huge fan... But she never really showed how excited she got about the casts or the races themselves. She always kept her cool.

Ross smiled at this, "They did. Shin's still has his money on Beck like always." Ross dug into her plate giving her an opportunity to go silent once more.

Raven rolled her eyes. "You always bet on Beck. It's like you're in love with the guy." She took a bite from her food and her solders dropped. "Oh my god, this is so good." she hummed.

"Beck has been racing for almost seven years and he has always placed in the top three." Shin argued.

Raven laughed a little, "Yeah, but he never beat Edison." she smirked. She looked around the table and noticed that Shin still had yet to even make his plate. But she also noticed that his attention was stuck to his tablet. She licked her teeth before reaching over the table and snatching the tablet from his hands.

Shin looked up in shock, "What the hell?" Shin demanded as he went to take it back. Raven only smiled as she knew Shin was never good at this. He was great with the ship in all aspects, but when in combat or even the use of a beam gun... Shin just didn't have the skill sets. "Maybe you should eat before the food is gone." Raven handed the tablet over to Charlie. "You can have it back when you finish your meal." she smirked.

Ross always did love her crew, but still didn't really show it much. They were like a family, and it took her back to some good memories.

Charlie had to stifle a laugh when she watched Wistin give an involuntary convulsion the moment the mash, goo, thing touched his lips. However, water almost shot out of her nose, when she gave a sudden snort as she soaked in Shin’s sour expression. Coughing back water, which now burned the back of her throat, bringing tears to her eyes, Charlie simply shook her head as she listened in on the conversation.

Something about Mevdos, crew members and a lots of numbers. It was all space jargon to Charlie, however, she was just happy to be included. When the shift occurred in the conversation to racing though, Charlie was glad to see Shin’s mood brighten a little. It was now, as if on que, that Raven entered. Giving the dorkiest wave she could muster, Charlie scooted closer to Wistin to make more room for her fellow rider, as the girl seated herself and began to dig in.

I’m glad you like it!” Charlie grinned to Raven, as she gently returned Wistin’s nudge with her elbow. “Sorry about the brea…I mean mash, bubby. I’ll try and stick to basics next time.” A wink flashed across her expression briefly before she was sucked back into the world of racing once more.

"You always bet on Beck. It's like you're in love with the guy." As Raven commented this, Charlie grinned. Giggling at Shin’s retort.

And here, ladies and gentleman, we see a prime example of what human’s call a ‘man crush’” Charlie’s reply came in a low documentary styled voice. “Beautiful isn’t it?”

Despite her already jovial mood her however, at the mention of Edison, Charlie’s grin grew. All thought of food forgotten. “But no one has ever beaten Edison so that’s an unfair standard to hold Shin’s bromance to.” Charlie paused, shifting forward in her chair as her eyes brightened a little with glee. “I mean that guy was amazing! Use to watch his races from the academy when I was younger. What I would have given to met him.” Charlie sighed wistfully at this, as she sat back, reminiscing over the late nights spent glue to a tiny display screen in her dorms. “I mean we were roughly the same age, right?…I wonder where he is now?

This last sentence was said softly, as Charlie’s eyes shifted back down to her plate. Edison, the number one racer of her generation and he’d just upt and left.

However, just as Charlie was beginning to get lost in conspiracy theories about her favorite racers disappearance, her trail of thought was broken by Raven shoving Shin’s tablet into her lap as she pushed him back from his treasured item.

Looking up at Shin, Charlie swept aside any trace of melancholy before waving the tablet at the guy triumphantly. “Yeah, there something wrong with my food?” Here the girl shrugged before letting out a low tutting noise. “Lacking table manners something awful, Shin. Don’t you agree Ross?

Charlie then placed the tablet down on her lap and patted it fondly, before nodding to the man’s empty plate. “Eat.” After this, Charlie turned to Wistin and nodded. “I’ll join for training today, if that’s okay? Our last trip made me feel like a sitting duck…with that being said though, where's Dax? Anyone seen him today?

No.” The reply came from the back of the room where a now, hulking form of Dax,the first-mate, was stooping through a low door frame. When he straightened, he beamed at his little family all cooped up around the one table cantered in the gigantic empty hall.

Wasn’t hard to find you guys.” Dax chuckled as he moved over and grabbed a seat next to Ross. “All I had to do was follow the sound of bickering.” He nudged Ross at this before grabbing a plate and spooning a good portion of the remains for himself. “Maybe we should ban the subject of racing from the table at meal times. Finally get some peace around here.” The man joked in his low baritone voice.

Charlie at this, almost jumped from her seat. “You wouldn’t and you couldn’t!”, to which the first mate simply shrugged, hiding his own giggles.

Shouldn’t you be getting ready for training, half pint?

Charlie puffed up her cheeks at this, then let out a low growled stream mumbled insults, muffled by mouthfuls of egg and mushrooms as the girl angrily began to shovel in food.

Shin narrowed his eyes at Charlie knowing that she had his tablet. He made a tsk sound through his teeth before looking down at his plate and then the food. With a bit of a sluggish action Shin started to place food onto his plate. He glanced up when he heard Charlie's comment about the racer Edison and where he could be. "He's probably dead..." Shin stated before he started to eat. He didn't even get to chew his first bite when he let out a small cry of pain. He looked over to Raven quickly. "What the hell was that for?" he asked.

Raven straightened her posture. "I don't care how much you know about racing but you will not talk ill about Edison." she stated before taking a bite from her food.

Ross skillfully hid a smirk on her lips as her crew bantered on about racing. She was happy that the conversation was moving onto racing more then it was sticking to the ship's condition.

Ross nodded and pointed to Charlie as she kept her eyes on Shin. "Yes Shin... Manners." she stated.

Her eyes looked up when Dax entered the room. Finally someone with common sense, she thought. She pushed Shin down and made room for her first-mate and best friend. "Or we should just ban all talking at the table." Ross expressed with a hint of sarcasm.

Raven smiled to Charlie and nodded, "Yeah I think I'll join too." She stated. Raven was actually a decent fighter. She grew up having to defend her self off form other kids picking on her, followed by her short time of travel through the Verse. A woman who knew how to defend herself was a must in this day and age..... Especially if one was part human, seeing as human organs were hot on the black market for the past ten years.

Studies upon the human race made leaps and bounds in the medical industry. Even their blood had great property to other species and other races. One race actually drank human blood to make themselves look younger. One minute they would be old and prunie and the next they would look like they were sixteen. The transformation would happen right before one's eyes, and would last as if they were growing up again.

But the fact of the matter was that mercenaries and other such outlaws or pirates were on the hunt for anyone that was human. Not only that but she heard about human experimentation. Where they would try and enhance humans to become the ultimate race in the whole Black.

Raven brought her thoughts back to the table when Dax appeared. The first-mate was always a pleasure to have at the table. Plus the more people around the less chance Shin had of talking. There had been times where Shin would try to talk and the whole crew would act like he wasn't there. His little tantrums were amusing at times.

Dax nodded, a little too enthusiasticly , to Ross’ sarcastic comment as he set his gaze over the small crew. “Could you imagine this lot sat in silence? Shin would go nuts after ten minutes, if he couldn’t hear his own voice.” With that however, Dax grinned before catching Ross’ eye. “Hope I didn’t leave you in the company of these loons for too long. How we doin’ Cpt?”

The last word clicked off his tongue as he raised his eye brows a little. From years spent with the woman, he had learnt to read the micro signs of stress which were in play now on the woman’s face. It was rare to see a smile these days unless ‘the kids’ as Dax called them were out to play at dinner. But of course, he knew there was a reason for the Ross’ worries. The Gallion. She wasn’t doing too well, and Dax knew they couldn’t keep running from the problem.

Charlie on the other hand remain oblivious to the worries of her crew mates as she fixed Shin with a menacing look, which only brightened when he yelped from his shin being kicked.

“Nicely done, Raven. Couldn’t have said it better myself. Edison is probably off somewhere swimming in babes. Just jealous, Shin.” As if to prove her point, Charlie lifted his tablet again and waved it lightly at the sullen boy. “Now I want to see every bit of food cleared up from that plate. Otherwise you’re on dish duty for a month.” She snorted this last bit, still a little bitter from Shin’s coldness.

Raven, on the other hand, acted nicely as a counter to downer Shin, when the girl mentioned she’d join for training. Lifting her hand up for a high five, Charlie let out a loud whoop. “Dream team. Back together to kick ass!... and maybe eat cake after.” Charlie wriggled her eye brows at this, before shovelling down the last bits of her meal and standing to stretch. “Ah I’m so fll I could pop! Do you think sitting on the bad guys is an proportion for self-defensive?” Charlie queried as lovely, she stroked her belly which now poked out a little. “I think this food baby shall be known as Norman.”

Here, Charlie sucked in a large a breath, before tucking Shin’s tablet under her arm and turning to leave the room as she waved over her shoulder. “need to change into something with a little more give. Norman is a big boy! But Shin…not a single scrap of food to be left! I will know! I have friends in high places!” Charlie, here turned and mouthed ‘that’s you’ to Ross. “ Until then, the tablet is mine! Later Navi, try not to get us lost like you did in the Dione system.”

With that, Charlie ducked out of the room and headed towards her quarters.

Ross watched Dax for a moment and gave him a light hearted smirk. Ever since they meet Dax was a perfect fit. He was her best friend and should would share just about anything and everything with him. "Your time couldn't of have been better." She let out a small breath before turning back to her plate. The comment about Shin was dead on in her mind. Sometimes while fixing up parts of the ship Ross would catch him having a conversation with himself. An almost quiet one... And aimlessly rambling on about what he was doing or about the latest cast of the races. But still... The guy talked to himself.

Raven of course high fived her lead Rider before finishing her own meal. She too got up after Charlie. "I'm going to go change too... Can't practice in these clothes." she smiled. Raven dipped out of the mess hall and off to her own quarters.

Ross gave Charlie a small casual solute with two of her fingers towards the girl indicating that she would make sure Shin would eat.

Shin evidently feel quiet as the room started to thin out.

Ross would at least wait till it was just her and Dax to discuss what was on her mind. She tried to keep things calm. If she didn't think the crew needed to know something, she wouldn't say anything about it. With Wasp sometimes eves dropping in on her conversations and then placing in his input was starting to get on her nerves.

Yes he was Quartermaster... But she had a feeling that she might need to relieve him of that position if he kept this kind of thing up. There were just somethings that needed to be kept from the crew to keep them from panicking.

Ross was just about to say something to Dax when she felt a cold but gentle hand touch the side of her face. When she looked at Dax she saw that a hand was touching him as well. Ross let a dull look cross her face before she looked over to who it belonged to. Well she already knew who it was.

Val looked down at the two and smiled. "Vitals seem to be in order." she smiled politely before removing her hands. "Captain your blood pressure seems a little elevated." She added before moving over to Shin. Val did this almost every time she saw a crew member. She would touch their skin to make sure they were in tip top shape.

Ross gave Val a small yet forced smile. "I might be angry." She stated.

Val blinked at Ross for a moment, "That would explain the elevation." She nodded in an agreement. She would have started with Wasp... But for some reason the Doctor refused to touch his skin unless he needed medical attention. The first time she touched his skin, she noticed a lot of things that were wrong. She knew he was experimented on due to certain areas... But it was that kind of medical practice that Val stayed away from.

She continued to touch Shin as he ate. He paused seeming annoyed at this. Val tilted her head as she pressed her second hand on the other side of Shin's face. "Hmmm.... Your temperature is running a bit high." She questioned.

"Maybe because I'm mad." Shin suggested.

Val shook her head. "No, the symptoms show a slight head cold...." Val removed her hands from Shin's skin before taking a seat on the other side of the table. She turned to Ross and Dax, "If you want I can put Shin under quarters, captain." Val smiled lightly.

Val was always interested in Shin. When she first touched him she noticed something was off about his DNA. He seemed human but there was something off that she couldn't explain. Not anything from her medical career could have prepared her for this. She had never seen anything like it nor did anyone ever mention something like him. So she was constantly touching him and monitoring his vitals. She had yet to mention this to anyone.... Not even to Shin, Dax or even the captain. It was like her personal study. So she tried to take up every opportunity to study his vitals.

Shin finished his plate quickly when Val mentioned Quarters. This meant Shin would be confided to his quarters for a few days. Which also meant some peace and quiet. But this also meant that the ship could easily slip into an even worst off condition then it already was.

Raven had once mentioned to Ross about the work Shin was doing to the ship. To her it made no sense. The whole motor didn't even belong to the ship. It was like it was built from scratch and not all from the right parts. The system it's self was completely off too. Anyone who knew anything about ships would easily take one look at the Gallion and be shocked that it was even flyable. But for some reason it worked...

And with the state that they were in with the small crew and not much funding's... Ross really couldn't let Shin be quartered at a time like this. "Maybe next time." Ross told the doctor as she smiled at the food before her.

Shin picked up his plate and headed for the kitchen where he left his dishes. He then quickly made his way towards Charlie's room in hopes to get his tablet back.

Val nodded to Ross as she took Ross' words seriously.

Wistin sat in the hangar cloaked in shadows. He was waiting for the crew members that wanted to train to come into the hangar. The first lesson was always to try to find him hiding in the shadows and be able to reliably predict where he was. When Wistin sat concentrating and meditating it allowed him to think and multiply his physical prowess. The shadow lesson was also encouragement to find him, because the longer he meditated the stronger he would become. So the sooner the crew found Wistin the easier he would be to defeat during the lesson.

Wistin sat thinking about all the thing he had said around the table especially to Ross and eventually decided that he was very out of line and that he might should even consider an apology. He thought these things because he didn't sign up to be a mechanic or a technician. He signed up for quartermaster because he likes people so he would do his job and not pester the captain with things that weren't his concern. If he loved ships so much he should have been a mechanic. These thoughts allowed Wistin to loosen his shoulders and concentrate even more as his actions had been bothering him.

As his concentration got deeper and deeper, Wistin considered the fact that he should clean up the 65 punching bags that he had shredded and put holes in. Wistin believed that the larger more powerful Dax could probably be an opponent worth considering and that charlie could hit him from a mile away with a pistol, but he didn't want to scare anyone with the true savagery of his revenge fueled fighting unless he had to defend his crew mates.

Wistin stood and began quickly cleaning up the many punching bags and the ballistics gelatin they contained on the inside to simulate a living body. He put all of them through the space vacuum door and deposited the bags in space. He did his best to clean up but he missed multiple many smears of ballistics gelatin that eluded him on the floors and walls.

Wistin sat back down in the shadows in the back right corner of the hangar from the main door, his meditative state swirling about the inside of his head purifying his body and mind for combat.

Wistin quickly ran through the plans he had for training that day. He decided that he would put everyone through a hand to hand test and if they passed he would move on to using a blade in a fight. But depending on everyone's overall cores he might would need to wait.

Wistin went back to deep breathing.

After everyone had left even Val had finished her meal quickly leaving the Captain and first mate alone. Ross turned to Dax. "We have some things to talk about." She told him. The biggest issue is more crew members, the second is the ship's condition..... I spoke with Shin earlier in the week... I'm not even sure how long he can keep things running." She told him. She wondered about what Val said about his condition. Shin may be annoying at times, or rude... But he worked hard on the ship, sometimes he would work for days at a time just to keep them in the air.

She stood up and headed for the Bridge. She liked to talk there about certain things. It was like a safe place for her to speak with those she wished to talk to. Even if Shin was the navigator on the ship, he still owned half of it and she did make a promise to him. Once on the Bridge Ross continued to talk knowing that Dax was one step behind her.

"I think she should go planet side for a few days on the nearest planet that seems less hostile and has resources for use to stock up on. We can let Shin take his time on some of the repairs and then go from there..." Ross moved over to the navigation chair and took a seat. It was funny that on a ship like this there really was no spot for a captain to sit on the bridge. Only for the pilot and navigator.

Shin on the other hand was already looking around trying to find Charlie. As he walked down the female hall he pondered on what was going on with his tablet. His head felt like bursting as he had so much running around in his head. "Charlie!" he called out as he continued to wander the hall.

Raven over heard Shin's voice and stepped out of her room. She smirked seeing the Navigator stop in his tracks. She tilted her head a bit at him. "Did you eat all your food?" she teased.

Shin let his shoulders drop at Raven's comment. "Seriously i need to get back to work... Where's Charlie?" he asked.

The faint ‘whoosh’ of the automated doors opening and closing signalled Charlie’s arrival to her room. When she was sealed away from the rest of the ship, Charlie flopped down onto her bed let out a deep sigh. To her side, she allowed Shin’s tablet to slip down onto her mattress, while with her left hand she raised it her face, awkwardly pressing the play button on her player with her nose. When she did this, instead of music, the sound of waves erupted into her room, emanating from the small watch device. As the sound washed over the girl, she allowed herself to fall still for a few brief moments, as she recalled the rolling waves of her home moon.

Sure she had never been much for staying ground side for too long, space had always called to her, but back in Thalassa, that was home. Her parents had no idea where she was right now and she knew they would be worried in their own little unique way, but it wasn’t so much them that she missed. No, it was the memories of them. Like when she was little and her dad would take her one of the garden islands to dive among the shallows and investigate shadowed rock pools. She also missed the sunset. A stupid thing to miss. But the way that the sun dipped down below the horizon, staining the skies ochre and purple, whilst Thalassa’s sister moons appeared. It was breath taking.

Grinning absentmindedly, the girl remained still. Aware of the pressing time limit, but happy to be lost in the past for just a few moments, all the while rubbing ‘Norman’ to settle it. Admittedly, eating such a large helping of food had, perhaps, been a bad idea. Charlie just knew she was going to get a stitch doing all the work outs the quartermaster had planned. But hand to hand combat required fitness, which over the past few weeks, had waned in the young woman. This proven by a couple of thugs she ran into ground side on their last visit to port. They had tried to mug her, although what for, Charlie had no clue. She didn’t exactly carry much, most of her money being invested into her bike. However, despite the fact that Charlie had fought them off and gotten away, they had managed to get a good couple of punches in on her. These punches had now bruised quite spectrally, painting her stomach in a dappled pattern of purple and green.

None of the crew knew. Like heck was Charlie going to let them worry over. Well, by no one, Charlie really meant everyone bar Dr.Black. She had found out instantly… but hopefully, she had remained quiet over such things.

As her mind mulled over these facts however, Charlie at last began to move, at first leaning up and pulling up her top to inspect the marbled patterns on her ribs and belly, before shrugging. Quickly changing into some loose joggers and a sports top long enough to ensure it would not expose her stomach any time soon. Once she was done, she moved over to her mirror and put on her best ‘mean’ look, as she pretended to square off to the mirror.

“You feeling lucky again? Well do ya?? “ Charlie wiggled an eye brow now, as she attempted to ruffle her hair in a hard way, as she flexed in the mirror. “Pfft. You ain’t got nothing on me. Punks. Boom.” However, her tough act didn’t even impress her and instead she grinned. “Well on the bright side, Lottie, you still got your looks.”

Dax studied his friend with a heavy gaze, one hand running over a slight beard he had began to grow out a couple of days before. In all honesty, Dax had seen this coming and had also warned his friend, but now was not the time to come out and say 'I told you so'. So instead, Dax nodded, but raised an eye brow quizzically when Ross' mentioned going planet side for a few days.

"Which planet, Ross?" Dax asked, his low voice rumbling in his chest, as he strode forward to take the first pilot's chair, swiveling it around to face the captain. "We have to be careful. I've heard more new reports about human colonies being raided and people going missing. They weren't killed. No bodies founds...I'm worried the black market is growing faster than I thought and with so many of you on this ship. Picking a planet to stay on, is risky."

However, despite his words, Dax knew all to well that they very few options to chose from regardless. In fact, Dax was a little surprised at how long they had managed to avoid having this conversation. Putting his bad moods to the side, as well as whining temperament, Dax had to admit, Shin was doing one hell of a job which keeping this hunk of junk from going dead in the water.

Ross sighed "I'm not sure... Planet side at this moment and in this area is bad news... " She had already let the black market thought run through her head a few times. It had been growing and the reports of small moons being cleared out wasn't even drawing the attention of the Union. If it did they sure as hell weren't doing anything about it. The only safe place they were relatively close by was Edison. But she already knew Shin would pull the plug on the ship if she even mentioned the planet. She sure as hell didn't understand why he exiled that planet, but also wasn't going to start asking questions now.

"We don't really have much of a choice. If we hit a small planet or moon we risk a lot, but a larger planet or moon with a big population... We might attract more attention with the ship's size... Then when they see that it's not even close to having a full crew.." She worried about getting over ran by bandits or pirates.

Shin rolled his eyes at Raven before turning his back and heading to Charlie's room. He knocked on the door hoping the girl would open. He needed to get back to work and didn't have time for anymore games. "Charlie?" he asked as he knocked again.

Raven watched from her room leaning against the door frame. She was ready for training and was waiting on Charlie now. But to see what might happen between Shin and Charlie seemed a little entertaining sometimes.

Flayke emerged from her bedroom half asleep when she herd shin whining in the hallway realizing it was time for training, as everyone was returning from dinner and getting ready for the quartermaster to teach hand to hand combat. "Shin will you shut up please? You woke me up and your whining is so annoying! Plus your in the woman's hallway you pervert! How about you join us for training and get yourself some exercise to give you a little muscle on those thin arms so you don't look like a creepy stalker!" Flayke yelled and taunted at Shin grumpily.

When Flayke was finished she went back inside of her room to get ready for training. She got out of her baggy shorts and jacket and slid into a comfortable workout sweater and pants that allowed free movement and good control. Then Flayke proceeded to jog around her room for 5 minuted to get her blood pumping. When she was warm and awake Flayke stepped back out her room ignoring Shin and she ran through the hallways collecting her mind and focusing before she faced Wasp the quartermaster.

Flayke made it all the way down to the main door to the hangar and sat down in front of it to meditate like she had seen wasp doing to concentrate her willpower and mental capability. As she was thinking she began to regret her rude words to Shin and she decided she would apologize later and concentrate now.

Wistin felt the presence and disturbed thoughts of Flayke the gunner master of the gallion. He opened his eyes which were cold and calculating, totally rid of emotion. He was ready to train the crew and it was going to be one hell of a work out today, because he had been meditating for thirty minutes and he was as focused as Flayke was when she was shooting her favorite rifle.

Wistin inhaled and exhaled. He stood to get the blood running back to his legs and to his arms. Wistin went one more time through the steps of the test for hand to hand combat and he began subconsciously constructing the knife fighting lessons to prepare for those who were ready.

Wistin took one last deep breath and expanded his mind to evaluate how everyone was doing mentally.

It was the second set of knocks along with Flayke’s yelling, which caught Charlie’s attention leading her to end her mirror prep talk early with a satisfied finger gun ‘Kapow’, timed perfectly for when Flayke called pervert status on Shin. Boom. Head shot by Flayke. Blowing away the imagery smoke, Charlie padded to her door and flipped the realise switch, her best grin prepped in greeting for Shin’s serious features, although she had to admit, some of Flayke’s taunting had gone a little far.

“Shin. Heard about your new promotion to local, skinny armed pervert, just now. Must be record time for you huh?” Charlie grinned. “You finish your food? As I am a sensitive soul ya know, hurts when people don’t like my cooking.” She winked at this, but waved away expected sour look before it could even cross Shin’s face. “You want your tablet right? One minute.” Twisting on the spot, the petite girl crossed her room and grabbed the slender device from her bed, before holding out the item to its rightful owner with a flourishing bow. “Here is the thing you desire, oh Shin, the sour one.” Charlie joked, “Just remember not to use it at the dinner table when ladies are present. And! Just one more thing.” Charlie winked at Raven, noticing her comrade stood in her door way as she retracted the tablet a couple of centimetres. “You have to retract your statement about Edison before you get the tablet back. A girl’s gotta have hope ya know?”

However, when Charlie cast her blue gaze back towards her unfortunate friend, her smile gave way to a frown, puckering the skin between her brows.

“Hey, Shin… you feeling alright? You look a little peaky? You feeling ill? as like, this is why you have to eat… even your slender frame needs nourishment.” However, after a brief pause, Charlie’s frown deepened. “Unless… Oh please tell me the ‘goo’ didn’t do this to you? I mean, I know it started to breathe when I put it in the oven, but I didn’t actually think it was deadly..”

Dax recognizing the pause as his friend leaping to worst possible outcome, stood up, moving forward to place a large hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, Ross. I'm sure this ship won't have anything to worry about from raiders. Its seen better days and looks it too. If we find a junk yard somewhere, I'm sure we'll blend right in." Dax grinned this last bit, but quickly grew sober again. "You wanting to go for one of the closer moon clusters then? There's got to be one close with a smaller port. We'll just have to keep a keen out for the 'kids'. As annoying as they can get, I do kinda like them all in one piece...although some time out of the ship might help our crew recoop." With this, the man squeezed Ross' shoulders lightly. "We've faced worse odds in the past. This little hiccup is just that. A hiccup. We'll fix the ship and pull a crew together like no one's seen before."

Shin was not too happy with comments that had been thrown his way, nor was he happy with this little game everyone seemed to be playing. The only people who really understood how bad the ship was, was Shin, Ross, and Dax. He was surprised a bit when Wasp stated what he thought the ship's condition was.

Shin crossed his arms over his chest as Charlie continued on with her exaggerated joyfulness. Often times he would think it was cute but for the past few days he had been finding things a lot less amusing. He went to take the tablet but she pulled it back. She had one more request. To say something nice about Edison. Shin laughed a bit, "Fine, he's still alive and waiting for the right time to make his come back..." He went to go for the tablet once more but she again pulled it away.

He was about to snap on her when she mentioned how he looked. He blinked when she mentioned her mash. Shin rolled his eyes at this. He reached out and finally took back his tablet. He quickly ran his fingers over the screen. His eyes now glued to what ever he was doing. "I'm fine..." He stated as he turned to head back down the hallway.

When Shin had his tablet and something to do it was like he was a zombie. His eyes focused on the screen unless he was actually working on something.

Raven over heard Charlie. So when Shin walked by she took notice in what Charlie had said about him looking sick. "You know the Captain wont like it if you work yourself sick." she only stated. Shin merely waved her by as he raced over the data of the ship.

Raven turned back to Charlie after Shin left the female hallway. She frowned a little as she walked over to the young Rider. "I'm most positive that it wasn't your cooking she said letting a smile creep back to her face. "Come on.... Wasp awaits the star pupils." she raised her fist in the air as she lead he way.

This was why Dax was her first-mate and best friend. He understood what she was going through and never once threw her bad choices in her face. She was about to say more when the door to the bridge opened and Shin walked in. "I'm going to set a course for Madelin." Shin stated as he walked to the pilot seat. He put down his tablet and started to flip switches and push buttons. "We can refuel, look for a mechanic... Plus they have a few ship grave yards there." Shin glanced back at the two with a little smirk.

His smirk went away when he noticed the looks on their faces. "What? Is something wrong?" he asked.

Ross let out a heavy sigh as she shook her head. She smiled a little at Shin as if he had already read their minds. He was heading to the cluster of moons Dax was talking about. Even if Shin whined and was grumpy most of the time.... It was like he knew exactly what needed to be done for the ship and crew. If it wasn't for him her dream ship would have already sunk.

She got to her feet and headed over to the first pilot chair. Shin had yet to take his eyes off her. She looked him over before patting his shoulder. "After you set the course you should get some rest." She told him before heading back to Dax. She walked past Dax with a serious look in her eyes. Only Dax would understand this look when it came after something she had requested. It normally meant that what she said might not sound like and order... But it really was.

Shin watched her leave before he turned back to his work. It didn't take him long to finish setting the course, but once he finished he made his way over to the navigation seat where he pulled out an old well used note book and pencil. He opened it up to where he left off with his tablet running numbers on the screen.

Val didn't seem like much of a fighter but truly she was. She had a funny way of not showing it. Always dressed in her best, she seemed like an innocent woman with no fighting skills what so ever. She was very good at self defense moves and some more Asian like styles in fighting.

She happily made her way to the training room where she noticed Flayke meditating outside the classroom door. She tilted her head to one side and smiled joining the girl on the floor. "Getting ready?" She asked. Val knew what meditating was, but not the whole concept. It might have been the Luna part of her peeking out. "You know my father always told me that peace and quiet was the worlds gift to all kinds. You could really get in touch with the inner you if one relaxed enough." She smiled.

Flayke looked over slowly and with focus a val sat down next to her. Flayke had been meditating and she nodded at val's true word about what meditating did for a persons mind and soul. Flayke only gave the ever so slightest of nods and head shakes in response to val because she was in a mental mode that was focused purely on her success in combat. Today she wanted to beat wasp and be able to claim that she had beaten one of the most deadly modded assassins in the verse.

Flayke concentrated hard on the advanced past teachings of wasp. She thought about his fighting style and how he moved as fast as a knife but as hard hitting as a full on rocket launcher. As she thought she conceived ways to block all of the attacks she remembered and hoped silently that her newly devised techniques would be enough to at least block Wasp's dangerous and powerful attacks.

There were three main blocks that Flayke thought of to use against Wasp. The first was the use of her left mid thigh to block Wasp's common punch as the force of the punch would spread easier through that part of her body and allow her to move through it and open Wasp up for an offense. Her second devised technique was to cross her arms just below her stomach. This would assist in blocking any kick attacks made by Wasp as they were powerful and quick and this constructed technique would allow her to catch Wasp's foot and maybe catch him off balance. The third block was a system of jumping and twisting in mid air to dodge Wasp's multi-strike. The multi-strike was something that wasp refined over the years which a semblance of twenty punches and forty kicks that would break the bones or bruise the skin of his opponent everywhere. Since they were usually targeted toward the pressure points in the arms and legs of the opponent she figured that she could spin and catch Wasp off guard.

Satisfied, Flayke stood pulling val up with her. She turned around to face everyone arriving to train and tried her best to look like her average chatty self. "Hey Raven, hey Charlie! Ready for training? I'm so excited! What do you think he's going to teach us today?" When Flayke didn't see shin she said "Aww i just knew he wasn't going to come!" And with that she turned enthusiastically and waited for the doors to open with a smirk on her face.

Wistin could sense the four women that came to train. Raven and Charlie seemed to have decidedly satisfied minds about them and they were ready for whatever arduous training was going to come their way. Val was grey and hazy. "Hard to read as she ever is." Wistin thought. However, when he turned his minds eye, the defiant thoughts of Flayke invaded his consciousness. "She knows....." Wistin thought as he saw the moves Flayke had prepared and the thoughts of her beating an assassin.

Wistin was ready for the defenses Flayke was going to offer, but it was her knowledge of his past assassin line of work that worried him the most. After Wistin escaped he was scavenging the streets when someone recognized that he had mods. They asked him if he was on of those "famous assassins" and Wistin said "so what if I am?" The person proceeded to give him a job and after that, it was the way he mad money. He would need to discuss this with Flayke.

Wistin realizing that his crew mates were waiting for the doors to open flung out his hand with the palms up. The scanners picked up his wrist movement and opened the main hangar door to the pitch black hangar inside. The crew knew what they were supposed to do. They needed to find Wasp before his meditation made him to powerful. But what they didn't know was that Wistin was done meditating and he was only waiting at that point.

Nodding, a little less happily this time, as Raven reassuringly approached her, and began to lead the way down training, Charlie glanced over her shoulder to the already empty corridor where Shin had disappeared. “You know, as bad as this sounds, I hope my food did make him feel ill. At least this way, maybe that guy will be forced into taking some time off.” Charlie offered, before falling into step with her friend. “But, hey, is it just me or did you feel like something was off with everyone at dinner today? They all seem super tense about something. Am I missing a metaphorical elephant in the room?” Charlie crossed her arms , squinting at Raven questionably. “If I am, it’s up to you to tell me if I’m being a dumbass.”

However, Charlie had to wait for her answers, as before Raven could answer the pair rounded the corner towards the hangar to Flayke’s warm greeting.

“Hi Flayke, Val.” Charlie offered nodding to each in tirn, as they drew level with the two, before glancing around suspiciously. “Have you seen Wasp? As this better not be another hiding, shadow drill.” Charlie exclaimed, as she paused to shoot Raven an uncertain glance. “Last time it took me an hour to find him. An hour! And it was barely even a fight by then…” Charlie trailed off here, flinching at the memory 1 minute K.O which she had endured once as punishment for her failed attempt at hide and seek. “I swear that man ups the difficulty level by 10 with every minute we take.”

Yet with perfect timing, as ever, the doors to their classroom opened and Wasp was nowhere to be seen. Charlie could not help but let out a groan. “Yep. Knew it.” Before she switched into a desnive stance, flashing weary glances towards her crew mates. “Let’s do this then.”

Dax smiled as Shin entered before nodding to Ross’ acknowledging her glance for its true meaning. Casually waving to her as Ross left, Dax then took up his position at the back of the room, folding his arms, as leaned against the back wall and silently watched as Shin plotted a course for their destination. When he was done and had moved off to look over a small note book, Dax approached, seating himself once more in the pilot seat, before glancing over at the tablet with smile.

“See you managed to grab that back from Charlie then.” Dax commented, as he leaned forward to frown at the scrolling text. He had his fair share experience with ships, but when he looked down at the tablet, Dax was surprised at the rate of information Shin must process from just looking at the screen.

Stopping his curiosity however, Dax pulled his attention back to Shin, who was seemingly ignoring him as he craned over the pages of his book. Sighing, and recognising that perhaps small talk was not the way to approach the situation, Dax cut straight to the chase with a sigh.

“Shin, you look tired. Ross said to get some rest, so here I am and here I will stay to make sure everything is running on point.” Dax tapped at the small display panel in front of him with reassuring smile. “But you. You need to go rest. You’ll be working hard from the get go when we land, so make the most of now while you can. I’ll call you on the comms if anything crops up.”

...Wade sat back inside the cell of the ship he called a room. The walls were made of metal and he had installed a few racks onto the eastern wall, which were magnetic and held a few of his weaponary belongings. His back pressed against the bumpy lining of the wall his bed was attached to. He was taking in breaths of cigar smoke, and wore an eyepatch on his right eye. He took the cigar from his lips and flicked the butt of it with the nail of his thumb before sighing and filling his environment full of smoke. He reached over and clicked an intercom button that was connected to the cockpit of the ship...

Hey! Any word of a contract or sign of retaliation

...He tried not to do this every other hour but it was a habit and he couldn't shake the feeling of pre-mission nerves whenever he was flying. He preferred to spend his time alone. He had undergone a lot of grueling training, and was regularly in one fight or another for the past 2 years of his life, almost on a daily basis. So training with someone who more than likely had less experience, seemed pointless. Things had seemed to calm down once he boarded the Gallion. He had met a few of the crew member. However no one paid him much mind, due to his small height and his cold exterior. But that was fine, that was how he liked it...

Hm...

...He curiously eyeballed one of his rifles on the shelf. He pulled it off and began messing with the sliding mechanism. He ejected the mag and examined the interiors. .45 rounds, gleamed with the shine of fluorescent lighting. Scratches and many blemishes covered not just the bullets but the rifle itself. He brought the stock of the gun into his right shoulder, flicking his eyepatch up, and looked down the rail through the sights. They were a bit off, he spent a few moments adjusting a couple of the knobs, before taking it away from his eye, flicking the eyepatch down, and turning the gun from side to side, and then puts the rifle back on the shelf...

...There were too many conflicting personalities on this ship, it doesn't take a calculative mind to see the genuine irritation between the crew. There were exceptions like Val. She always seemed like she was in a good mood, and he liked that. But then there were guys like Shin, he was slightly older than Wade but he couldn't help to feel like Shin lacked the experience or judgement to get his crew where they needed to go. Wade could care less about this though he was just here to complete a contract. Alot of people seemed to be put off by Wade but he wasn't blind to it. Infact he had the inept ability to literally tell what people were thinking just by their subtle facial responses, and could tell how someone was feeling by the way their eyes adjusted when they spoke...

(For my character please use @Deadpool to contact me of any bad guys you want taken care of. Chances are I won't post much unless there's some action for me; in any shape or form)

When the doors opened Raven was the fist to let her shoulders drop. Again with the hide and seek game. She was never a fan of this. Val actually was afraid of the dark. Her people were born on a planet full of light and rarely had nights. There was always a month or so where their world would go bitch black and they would have to make their own light. So this little training game always gave her the chills.

Val looked to the others while trying to make her hands stop trembling. "I think I'll just sit this one out." She stated before walking off quickly. "Besides, I should be keeping an eye on Shin's condition." She uttered.

Raven watched Val leave only to slowly look back to Charlie. Raven turned to Charlie and held out her hand. "Told you... She's afraid of the dark. You now owe me five docks." she stated. (I still have yet to figure out what they will coll money.. So yeah.. Suggestions are welcome)

Shin rolled his eyes at Dax and his words. "Sure... I'll head off to bed and leave you to watch the ship." Shin's sarcasm was hard to miss. "And then when we crash and burn I will make sure to say I told you so." Shin only looked up from his book for a moment before turning back to it. He tapped at the tablet a few times reading over the numbers and writing them down.

"Did you know.... That you have to heat up the landing coils at least an hour before you enter atmo?" Shin kept his eyes on his work. "Or that this ship actually needs five pilots to land it... Right now the Gallion doesn't even have a pilot." Shin shut his book and placed it aside. He picked up his tablet and stood up. "Dax you are a fine officer on this ship... But even Ross doesn't really understand all the work that needs to be done."

Shin headed for the door. "Now if you will excuse me..." Shin finally looked up to Dax, "Engine five needs to be rotated with a spark test." Shin nodded before turning on his heels and heading for the door. Once he left the bridge Shin stopped in the kitchen, placing his tablet on the counter next to him. He pulled out a cup and started to make himself some coffee before he did his rounds.

...Wade sighed a heavy breath as no response came from the cockpit. He got up and took a combat knife from the rack, and a glock. He walked towards the door and before he could get close enough to touch it, the door "wooshed" open, and he made his way towards the bridge of the ship. He decided to stop by the kitchen since food was the one common thing they all needed aboard this ship. His footsteps clanked against the metal floors as he approached the door to the kitchen. Another "woosh" and he stepped inside the kitchen where the only occupant was currently Shin. His right eye winced underneath his eyepatch and before an awkward moment could be made he stepped over to the table, grabbed the back of the seat, slid it back and sat down. He put his elbows on the table and intertwined his fingers together before going completely still, and not saying anything for a good while...

...He realized he was just staring at a dirty plate, he raised his eyes to examine the table. Just as he had though, the crew had left a mess. He slowly stood up and began gathering the dishes and then went over to the sink full of dishes that had yet to be rinsed off or cleaned, and began scraping the plates off one by one before setting them aside the sink, filling it with hot soapy water, and then putting a few of the dishes into the water before beginning to wash them. The only noise in the kitchen was the clanking of dishes with the occasional rush of water, and the quite but audible "blung" every time Shin tapped something on the screen of his tablet. The rotting food had a horendous smell... luckily Shin had made coffee, that was one of Wade's favorite things about coffee. You could usually overpower any stench with coffee beans. He decided to finally break the silence and say something...

So... Shin, I know you don't like it when people talk about your ship, or tell you what to do... so don't take offense when I ask... but... is there any word of threat, contract? Have you and Ross decided where we're taking this beast yet?

...He continued to look at the dishes, refusing to turn around for fear of seeing Shin's faced all curled up in annoyance, and wondered if Shin was even paying attention...

@NovaNovass

Dax grinned, shaking his head as Shin retorted with his usual assault of sarcasm before making his move to leave. Leaning back in the pilot’s chair, the Elsangan listened to the sound of Shin’s footsteps grow smaller, before Dax stood and moved to the door way, pausing to call down the narrow passage.

“We’ll be lucky if we manage keep our navigator if you keep pushing yourself like this. With you gone, we’d have to call on the girls to get help using their bikes. See that going real well… whether we’re in space or not.”

Dax sighed this last bit, before pulling back from the wall. Looking back over his shoulder, the man stared out into the darkness beyond the screen. Cursing Shin’s stubbornness. Sure the guy had a point, Dax knew nothing about piloting the ship, bar that when some of the lights began to blink red, it was bad news. Yet, although Shin was right on a number of levels, he was failing to take into account the risk of having to be ground locked for longer than they needed to be. If Shin fell ill planet side due to exhaustion, it was only a matter of time before some less than friendly traders came sniffing around. They’d spot the state of the ship, notice the number of crew members and that would be that. Sitting ducks.

Sure, Dax would be safe, maybe even Luna if she managed to cover her human heritage, but the others? Dax lifted his arms above his head and rested them on the back of his skull, as he leaned back on his heels, still staring out into nothing. The void that lay beyond that glass was a better thing to think about than answer that question.

Charlie glanced down at Raven’s out stretched hand before gapping at her friend in disbelief. “How can she be afraid of the dark? Have you seen her fight?!” Charlie protested, before stopping and shrugging as an idea dawned on her. Turning back to the dark anterior of their supposed class room, Charlie nodded, concluding her own private conversation with herself. In her head.

“Double or nothing then on me finding Wasp first.” Charlie spoke softly, as she glanced sideways at her friend as she arched an eye brow, her lips falling lazily into her trade mark smile. It was a win, win situation. If Charlie found Wasp first, she’d get taken quickly, but she’d be up by ten Platinum (what do you think?). If she lost and Raven won, Charlie would get to see someone else get wiped out for once. It was a rarity, but a sweet change.

Shin only looked up every so often to see Wade cleaning up the dishes from dinner. His eyes would always drift back to his tablet as he continued to make a cup of coffee for himself. Time slipped by a little slow, but it might of been from the lack of energy he was craving. His eyes peeked up at the sound of Wade's voice and narrowed to the man's words. He glanced over his shoulder to the other, "We have yet to receive any jobs if that's what you're asking." Shin stated.

As Shin continued on with his work he spoke up once more. "We'll be heading to one of the moon clusters close by. Madelin is the name of the moon we will be landing on.... We should be there by morning." He added as he took a sip from his cup. "Hopefully we can get some work, parts and maybe even get a few passengers to help increase our cash flow." He shrugged. "Maybe even some crew members..." Shin added quietly.

Users who are viewing this thread