• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
P
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Life in the ARK has been safe, stable, and most importantly peaceful. After a long time of knowing nothing but struggle and strife, the once-divided people of Verattia had learned the value of co-existence again - or so it seems. Hidden from the public eye, tensions grow between the inhabitants of ARK. Social unrest has begun to stir among the different communities, vying for their own visions of a new ARK.

An inevitable change is coming. The question is, what exactly will it bring?
arkv.png
This thread will be used for IC scenarios involving VF Operatives exclusively.
Only participants with approved character sheets may post in this thread.​

POSTING GUIDELINES
  • Minimum post length would be a paragraph consisting of five or more sentences. One-liners will not be tolerated.
  • Always include the character's name and their current location in your posts.
  • If you are interacting with someone, or a number of people in a specific area, make sure to tag the players of these characters in your post.
  • You are free to control and generate inconsequential NPCs. Alternatively, you may tag the GM for environmental interaction.
  • You will be notified whenever dice or any similar RP mechanic will be utilized for a scenario.
  • If you are uncertain about something, feel free to consult the GM.

Last edited:
CH. 1 - IT STARTS WITH A BANG
CHAPTER 1
IT STARTS WITH A BANG

DATE: QUIRTIA 28, AE 47

The day started off with a bang.

The silence of the usual morning drive was replaced by a mixture of festive noises - from the beating of numerous drums to the sounding of various trumpets and horns, and the unmistakable cheer of the ever-growing crowd that slowly fill every street and alley within the district. A quick glance above and one would easily see a myriad of festive displays - from graceful light shows to majestic fireworks, painting a mesmerizing picture in the district's skies.

Such an exhibition lasted for more than an hour. Upon reaching its inevitable end, a message would be played out from innumerable screens and speakers scattered all over Gael - one that shows the District President addressing the district natives and inter-district visitors with a warm welcome and officially marking the start of the festivities announced days ago.

Merely minutes after the message was aired, stalls from every corner would be open for transactions. Restaurants and eateries would begin advertising themed promos. Malls would open up with a number of themed sales and events. There was no time to waste in such a great opportunity presented by the situation - all businesses have opened up, regardless of their size and service, each trying to get a scoop of the delicious monetary feast that was laid before them.

It didn't take long for another announcement to play out, this time reminding the public about the shows to be played during the day, which included Jacqueline West's live show. After some minutes have passed, another announcement would be heard, notifying the public about tickets being completely sold out for most of the shows that were mentioned in the earlier announcement - it is without question that Jacqueline West's live show already had its slots filled up.

Hours would go by like minutes as the people take their own paths and routes to partake in the various activities present all over Gael, be it of some local tradition or simply a game brought over from other districts. It was rather clear to say that Gael was filled with a festive aura.

However, not all would have the liberty to partake in the festivities of the first day. There are those who bear the burden of their duties to ensure that everyone else gets to enjoy what the district offers. These people who have taken on such a noble sacrifice were the members of the district's law enforcement, its peacekeepers, government officials, and those who keep the district's cogs clean and running. Among these would be a vast number of contracted individuals, and it would be safe to say that a fair amount of them would have come from the renowned Valkyrion Firm.

The Misteye Cafe - a cafe located in Central Gael, known to be one of the rare "middle grounds", wherein the citizens of the districts would come and enjoy its service for quality drinks and pastries, regardless of their status. It found success in keeping its upper-class customers in anonymity, whilst keeping a quality service that everyone gets to enjoy, allowing a myriad of patrons to find the cafe as a haven for privacy and peace.

Within one of its many private rooms, was a lady sitting down, with a laptop opened atop the table in front of her seat. To the side of the device were three communication devices, each bearing a different shape and a different purpose, yet all seemingly used in equal frequency. She donned on a classic attire in the corporate world, albeit with some alterations to accentuate her natural allure. She had equipped an earpiece and was in the middle of talking with someone on the line.

"Yes sir, I have the names listed down.", she quickly scanned the contents displayed on the screen of her laptop. While she listened to the response of the voice, she silently mouthed the words new protocol and secrecy, whilst nodding her head every so often. The conversation continued for a few minutes, ending with the woman giving an affirmative response. As the call ended, the woman would give a sigh as her gaze fell to the communication devices beside her laptop.

With a quick caress to the back of her neck, she went to work. Like a master in the field, she utilized the three communication devices simultaneously - sending messages and calling specific individuals to gather at her location - giving them precise instructions as to how to get to the room she was in, given the place's emphasis on privacy. With a keyword, those who were summoned would be directed by the cafe's staff to the same room.

Once the task was done, the woman was off to another - this time involving her laptop and the information it contained. Should her estimation be accurate, her materials would be ready by the time the contacted individuals arrive.

Tag/s: Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 , Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 , FabulousTrash FabulousTrash , Meryl_ya Meryl_ya , Once Once , Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

FbCGzNu.png

Kaplan
Misteye Café, Gael
Interactions: Reinhardt Reinhardt
Mentions: FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Meryl_ya Meryl_ya
"Stay on target. Just two more. And you got it!" a firm voice congratulated with excitement, as their offspring adopted their cheers. The subject of their discussion would be unveiled upon the coffee table, laden with glitter and cardboard residues. Kaplan leaned back, and took a breather, beaten out of shape by the meticulous details he had to attend to with his hand guiding his daughters. All for the sake of adjusting the starry stickers upon Mira's school project for its glamorous display. Spread across the gleaming board were certain cutouts addressing various subject that pertained to veracite harnessing. The project owed much to Mira's father expansive knowledge in the field, one that he was more than happy to share with his daughter. Like Kaplan, Mira shared a passion for the intricacy of details. Where her father was peculiarly comprehensive with his work, she mirrored his trait in her studies. Yet, instead of simply thriving on their affluent condition, Kaplan made sure to limit his daughter's prospects - honing her to appreciate the value of liberty under honor and diligence. A truth he learnt too late upon his own father's deathbed.

"We did it! You're the best, dad!" Mira exclaimed, reeling the melancholic man back to reality. He brushed her hair back, grooming it with the comb in his hand.

"Ms. Kryner loved my last work, daddy. I told her all about you! She said she looks forward to the next parents-teacher meeting." she added, opting Kaplan to chuckle nervously. "Oh? I should tell her that you would make quite a pumpkin soup!" he tickled her, emulating a monstrous creature attempting to devour her. "Nooo!" Mira would resist, before being picked up by Kaplan and spun around in the air. The two frolicked about as Kaplan maneuvered himself over to the fridge and procured for himself a Banning & Jack bucket of chocolate ice cream, before turning on the television as he and his daughter cycled through the news.

Rather than participating in the festivities portrayed on the news throughout the District, Kaplan had chosen to stay in with his daughter at Iris Point - a complex with various suites at his disposal. With his personal assistant wallowing in their own room indulging in multiplayer games, Kaplan made sure to leave them to their devices, only calling them over for meals as he would with Rose. The latter of whom had been residing with him since their meeting three days ago. He offered the lupus the suite next door, accommodating their private and basic needs. He wondered if his personal bodyguard had taken their child to partake in the entertainment as he advised them to. Surely, Bilfin, Roniv and Riel deserved their day off as most of Tritical should. But between the Firm and Tritical, there were those that must be on standby at all times. The very reason Kaplan had chosen Iris Point as his current residency, should any urgency arises.

At last, his anticipation was finally answered. Half a spoon in, Kaplan's ears twitched, as his glare shot across the room. His digital device vibrated, with a strobing light announcing its message nonverbally. The feline kissed his daughter's head slightly, before shifting himself towards the counter. His contact did not unveil their name, only a flashy ring upon the device's interface. Kaplan did not answer it, choosing to cancel the message and promptly rearranged his number as protocol dictated. As he did, the message appeared on the secured-line as he planned. He then memorized the location, as well as the corresponding details that has always been a standard procedure for the secretive man. The Chairman made his way to the mezzanine to get changed, donning his dark urban outfit with a hoodie to shield his face from paparazzi. A drastic change from his usually formal wear. This time, he found the necessities of the gray-man concept, especially during the busiest days of the district.

"I'm heading out for a bit, Pumpkin. I'll have aunt Riel hang out with you, alright?" Kaplan announced his departure, as he quickly contacted Riel via the security console. "I need you to take care of Mira until I return." he spoke into the instrument on the wall. As he did, Mira brushed up to his waist, giving him a tight hug. Kaplan got on his knee and kissed her forehead. Her likeness of his late wife made the man gasped for air briefly. Thankfully, Riel's timely arrival broke him from his trance.

"Pumpkin! I brought the Star Knight series as promised!" Riel distracted Mira briefly with a hardbacked copy of her frequently-indulged video game. "I got it from here, boss. Should I notify Ms. Ilana?" his assistant asked, with her drowsy countenance reacting poorly to the dreadful sun in her eyes.

"Much obliged, but belay that last. By the way, how was the raid last night?" Kaplan replied.

"Blackout meta with all our gears upgraded, but we still can't get past the Umbral Obelisk. Used up all my Frak, but still can't outrun their range. That boss is broken." Riel sighed heavily.

"Ysenvar's Crimson Typhoon with Otis's Reflection. You might have to kite Umbrie a bit before Otis is fully charged. After that, it's all about Ysenvar's animation cancellation." Kaplan suggested, surprising Riel quite a bit.

"That's a pretty good idea. Wait a minute. I never knew you played Star Knight! All those times you were laughing at me was because of my build!" Riel reacted with a heated response of the revelation.

"Don't ask, don't tell. See ya soon." he said with a smirk and left.

Upon his timely arrival on foot, the man took a breather, as he began scanning the place - taking note of the exits and entries. Given his covert profession, and his past encounter with Rose, what he said was more or less half of the truth. On the surface, he was Valkyrion's shareholder and business partner. But such an alias was merely a cover for his livelier appointment as their field operator. He unfurled his wrist, revealing a digital watch that was tracking his position - utilizing the high-altitude satellite beyond the clouds. He did not bring with him any heavy equipment to bear, entrusting his safety in the hands of his handling agent as he would with Roseya. Driven purely on the usual need-to-know basis, Kaplan never asked much beyond his objective - keeping his conscience clear of the atrocities he had committed in the name of peace through order. When he finally entered the cafe, the man provided the passphrase that was vital to his reservations - cueing the staff to guide him into the room accordingly. Kaplan then simply tipped the waiter, without so much as a drink. He settled himself adjacent to his handler, a familiar face, taking note of the other seats beside his. Surely, she was expecting other faces as well as his.

"Perhaps I am naïve enough to not expect an assignment. Still, I have yet to see you outside of that suit and that frightens me. Truly." Kaplan remarked to the woman that summoned him, as he leaned back and unbosomed his hood.

Haldir Balfin
Interaction: Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59
Almar had been excitedly expecting this day for some time pestering Haldir almost daily about it of course it was of little trouble to him, after all he was delighted to have some time off to properly spend with his son however forward thinking as he was Haldir had already made arrangements in case of his needing to suddenly depart. He was in fact a little surprised to see Almar had woken up before himself the young balfin having gotten his hands on chocolate Instead of something more healthy for breakfast. “Up early I see couldn’t sleep then?” Haldir asked in a somewhat informal tone, startling Almar “um yeah dad…” he’d reply sheepishly trying to hide the half eaten bar of chocolate. “if you want to catch me sneaking around you must try to be more attentive Almar” Haldir grinned a little his somewhat detached sense of humour had been something his son had gotten used to. Only prompting a pouty expression form the boy. “your just really sneaky.. I’ll try better, can we please go now?” Almar replied jumping to his feet excitingly before to scoff the rest of the chocolate bar.

“give me a few min to get ready first no need to rush“ Haldir responded gently patting Almar on the head then walking back into his own room to get changed, surprisingly enough into rather civilian looking clothing though shanking of the association that came with the balfin’s appearance and demeanour was entirely impossible. and with that the pair where off to enjoy the sighs and sounds of the festival luckily for them both being so early allowed them to make good time on a few events and stall before it got over crowded and even them Haldir almost innate intimidating aura had people give them some space more so by the districts locals that knew full well the statue Haldir held, Almar oblivious to that fact for now too enamoured by the various things to do and see. Sadly the day would be cut short by a small ping and a persists vibration caused by a communicator in Haldir’s possession looking at the message he’d sigh. ”seems duty calls, ill have to go Almar, don’t worry im not going to be dropping you off at home your grandfather will take care of you for the rest of the day“ Haldir explained with a sadness in his voice. Almar proceeding to hug his father tightly. “its ok dad I’m just happy we got to spend a bit of time together I’ll make sure to get a lot of photos to show you later” he’d reply cheerfully simply contented with the fact that he’d had some time to enjoy the festival together, and as if on cue another horned figure approached the pair the attire almost identical to Haldir’s work uniform it sported a blue trim instead of green there face older and wrinkled. ”well Almar where off too next?” They’d ask the young balfin happily following his grandfather off explaining with hurried detail what he’d previously done as they walked off.
______
haldir arrived at the designated cafe a little later sporting a coat and tall hat, obscuring his more obvious features as he arrived silently taking a seat without a word, internally hoping whatever they where expected to do would not take much time but knowing full well it wouldn’t be so simple especially considering the day like today… turning to Kalpan and just nodding silently

elf.jpeg
Aleina "Redleaf" Goldbloom
Interactions: Reinhardt Reinhardt (GM), Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 (Kaplan)

Between festivities and work, Aleina usually preferred the former. This was a little bit of an exception, she was really enjoying hiding in plain sight as pompous businessmen offered her drinks. She never drank alcohol on the job, but it was a cafe, not a pub. Of course, caffeine could be equally dangerous if used in large quantities. Her tolerance to the beverage due to the nature of her double life as both a celebrity in the world of competitive archery and a Valkyrion Firm special operative named Redleaf. Of course, the details of her work also led her to visit some of the more private rooms where they did business meetings. In one such room, with the target off to get drinks himself thanks to her hinting she would rather him get it, the pig had left quite eagerly. Leaving Aleina to snicker a little.

"So easy. But it beats breaking into a skyscraper with cameras and guards," Aleina mused to herself before hopping up and opening the folder on the table while taking out a mini camera. "Let's see...black market resale of weapons...sourced weapons from Tritical. Well this is useful, and ordinary. Well, I have all the evidence needed for a warranty, so that should be enough. The prettyboy is going to have a fun time sorting this out later I bet. Now then..."

Aleina shut the folder and waited for her host. Thankfully, she had an excuse to leave immediately as he communication device started ringing. A quick apology and some fruitless pleading later, the pointy eared operative left the room and looked at what was sent. After flagging down someone to bring her to the room, she followed and was allowed in where Kaplan and Haldir already were.

"Normally I don't reveal the nature of my operations, but I'm going to give you a heads up 'Section', Creyvor Security has been reselling some of your stuff on the black market. You might want to consult the legal office after this."

Her gaze turned to the one that called her and she asked, "I trust my equipment is stashed where I requested it?"

Once an answer was received, she simply nodded her head and waited. What else was there to do but wait and listen now? Unless Kaplan or Haldir had something to say about one of their business partners selling combat equipment to thugs. That would explain the influx of well armed mercenaries in some areas at least, but that wasn't her business. Well, not yet at least.

WjT22nBhgCgVRYAEhZ4jrgdyE3VsDO2hAa1D_eZ02qs.jpg

Roseya Ilana
DATE: QUIRTIA 28, AE 47

Interactions/Mentions: Reinhardt Reinhardt Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Today marked the start of Gael's festivities. Those employed by Valkyrion were encouraged to take some off and spend it with family. Of course those who still chose to work were compensated. Then there were those who could never truly take time off, but they could try.

Roseya shifted under the covers of the bed, staring up at the ceiling as the sunlight began filling the room through the window. She had slept in a little, getting the extra rest that Kaplan had originally urged her to get. Had it not been for him, she would've been home in Aria and awake much more earlier in the day. After the group lunch with Bilfin and Ronnivier, Roseya notified her staff that she would be taking a short break, but that she could still be contacted should something require her direct attention. Though, she didn't expect to be notified of anything. She never showed it, but Roseya took pride in her department, its branch leaders and every single employee that worked directly under her. She always made it a point to give them credit whenever the Firm released new technology.

Her blank staring was interrupted by a tone played from her phone, which was sitting on the bedside table. The tone wasn't her regular notifications however. Instead, it was a very specific and unique sound and Roseya immediately knew what was happening.

She moved herself off the bed and immediately went for the bathroom, cleaning herself and got dressed. This time around she opted for something seemingly more formal, but it was comfortable to Roseya regardless. Her outfit was comprised of a crimson button up shirt, a black and grey square-end tie and dress shorts, complete with a belt and a chest harness that held the holster for her weapon. The gun itself was sitting in its designated spot, the safety on. She slipped on a pair of black boots then grabbed her coat, which was somewhat like a trench coat, but the length was a bit shorter than usual. Inside the pockets were a pair of red gloves, but she didnt put those on. She slipped it on before stepping out.

Roseya stepped out into the hall. As she passed by the door that led into Kaplan's suite, she paused for a moment. Surely Kaplan would've gotten the same alert, unless only a select few of the Firm's agents were being activated and he was somehow excluded. She glanced at her phone, noting the location of the meeting and figured she could spare a few minutes. Roseya approached the door, knocking on it. Behind the door was the familiar voice of Riel, Kaplan's personal aid.

"Coming!"

The door opened and Roseya greeted the other woman with a nod.

"Ah, Ms. Ilana, good morning!"
"Good morning."
"Aunt Rose!"

Roseya couldn't help but let a small smile show as she watched Mira run up to the door. Riel smiled and stepped aside, letting the child approach as Roseya knelt down, giving Mira a hug.

"Hello there, Mira."
"Look what Dad and I did!"

Mira quickly ran back to the table in the middle of the room, bringing back what looked like some sort of project for her school, a child's interpretation of space and the skies.

"Dad helped me with the stickers here, and here, and here..."

The young girl pointed out all the small star-shaped stickers that Kaplan helped her place. When she was done, Mira held it out to Roseya

"Does it look good? I know you're really good at knowing if something is good or not."

Roseya took a hold of the cardboard display, examining it. With a nod, Roseya gave it back to Mira.

"According to my...professional evaluation, I think this is perfect."
"Yay! Thank you!"

Roseya stood back up as Mira returned to the table, resuming her play of Star Knight. So far, there was no sign of Kaplan, which could only mean he was contacted as well. Roseya looked to Riel, speaking in a hushed tone.

"I'll be stepping out for a bit."
"Of course. Enjoy your day."

Roseya nodded. With one last goodbye to Mira, she left the complex and headed to the designated meeting point. On the way, she grabbed a quick breakfast at one of the pop-up booths in the festival grounds.

[...]

She stepped through the entrance of the cafe, looking around. The place was practically filled, customers going in and out in large groups. She stepped up to the hosting desk, giving them the special phrase. Roseya was promptly directed to the back where the private rooms were located. Immediately, Roseya noticed the others who had already arrived. There was Kaplan, as expected. Bilfin was also a given. There was a third that she didn't know personally, but the fact she was here meant that she covertly worked for the Firm as well. At the other end of the table was the one who had brought them all to this location. Roseya had ran into Agnes a few times in public, mainly within the walls of the firm's Gael branch. However, in this situation, she was Birdcaller, an operative just like everyone else. Roseya acknowledged everyone in the room with a nod before taking a seat in an empty chair, slipping her jacket off her shoulders and letting it slide down a little behind her.

FbCGzNu.png

Section
Misteye Café, Gael
Interactions: Silver Wolf Silver Wolf
Mentions: FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Ever since Kaplan entered the room, the dynamic of his usually derisive tone shifted more towards a tamed one. Almost as if the usually nonchalant and aloof Chairman of Tritical was only a mere remnant of this husk of a circumspect man. Even now, he finds himself scrutinizing his environment, taking into account the possibility of a skirmish and how to properly deal with it. While his ARKA days were long over, the protocols were drilled into him so much so that it was now a part of his blood. A beast dormant when he took on the mantle of a billionaire by day and a terrible phantom when he is given a target. Despite his official discharge from the military, Kaplan's utilized skillsets were a far cry from retirement. All of this in the name of peace through order.

Firstly, he studied Bilfin, his trusted security detail. His mind defaulted to calling them by another name. By force of habit, anytime they were outside Tritical's time, it usually boils down to the fact that their callsigns would take precedence. Yet here he was, hoping that Bilfin would be able to spend some time with their kid as Kaplan had been doing for the last couple of days. But it seemed that he might have been too wishful, considering their intertwining lines of work. Before long, another familiar visage would show, one of whom was his neighborly guest for the last three days since her arrival from Aria. The room quickly became this purgatory that siphoned their natural demeanor. Even in the presence of friends, he refused to break the traditions that bound them now - the professional courtesy that came with the job.

The blonde individual among them was a testament to this principle when she addressed Kaplan by his codename. By now, Kaplan had realized just how unperturbed he was for the last few years. It was remarkably stiff to have all of your acquaintance in one room, of which was futile to simply ignore that they were completely different people before entering the room. Perhaps it was time for him to don his alter-ego, as the others have already did when they entered this chamber of secrecy and stern eyes. Kaplan's amber optics quickly met Redleaf's emeralds, but he did not stir. As honor would have it, he must follow through with the words at the tip of his tongue.

"So why did you decide to deviate from your principles now?" he retorted with a composed voice, curious as to why Redleaf would simply inform for something that could be extorted. The truth was that he himself was not exactly off-radar simply by putting on his hoodie. For the matter at hand, he decided to be frank with his associate. "But of course, I'll still take your suggestion under advisement." Kaplan smiled lightly, interlocking his fingers and leaned forward from his seat.

"As honor dictate, I must reciprocate a deed in commensurate capacity. Now, how may I compensate you for your insights, Red?" the man inquired, gauging Redleaf's eyes with every intention to make sure that she understood him fully. "Although I would appreciate a discount to grace our future interests." he added, maintaining his monotonous voice, despite his attempt at a slight jest to lighten up the already-heavy room.

Haldir Balfin
Interaction: Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Silver Wolf Silver Wolf
Haldir sat quietly upon his chair gauging the others around them and as the other operatives entered, despite holding two rather distinctive jobs both jobs skills where highly transferable forked tongue flickering out every once and a while to assists in interpreting the scene around them. Gaze turning to Kaplan though they where section for now. His expression was one of conceding knowledge as he knew that Kaplan would likely be somewhat disheartened to knew that even though he’d given Haldir a day off work had still called. That was when redleaf walked in mentioning the fact that some of Sections business partners had been selling weapons to less reputable people. “not the place to be discussing more personal matters” Haldir mumbled under his breath giving. Redleaf a glare, before he’d return to simply staring at the table quietly awaiting further instructions

The woman in the suit remained in silence as she observed those who entered the room, taking swift glances beyond the screens at her table. One by one, operatives of Valkyrion arrived, each entering the room with their own presentation and choosing a specific seat that they are comfortable with. Away from the eyes of those who have come, the profiles of each individual were displayed at the screen of the woman's device - as operatives of the Valkyrion Firm, as well as a fair amount of their lives beyond such roles.

She would respond to the inquiries of Redleaf with a firm tone. "They are well taken care of."

The woman barely paid any attention to the chatter of the gathered individuals, but she had a general sense of what they were speaking simply by being within the vicinity of their talks. Such discussion was not necessarily out of place, but it was certainly something that was generally avoided in the times they were in - fortunately, the operative Geldren intervened at the exchange between the operatives Section and Redleaf. The woman gave Geldren an affirming nod, commending his seemingly well-thought action.

"I would like to remind you that while your identities are obscured by your codenames, you are not completely exempted from having your identities exposed.", the woman said. "Though this establishment is renowned for its privacy, it is still prone to vulnerabilities. Try not to render your codenames pointless by chattering about matters concerning your personal lives next time, especially once you're all out on the field."

There was a slight reprimanding tone that escaped her voice, but ultimately, the woman kept her composure. To those who were familiar with the codename Birdcaller, this much was expected - she was firm with the organization's standards, and that had allowed her to excel in her field and gain the merit of various high-ranking officials in the Valkyrion Firm. In the branches of Gael, there are even talks of how she has not risen through the ranks yet despite her excellence.

The woman had a bunch of names on her list ticked off, and a few remain untouched. She took a glance at the displayed time on the screen and contemplated for a few seconds on whether to start the briefing or not. In the midst of her thoughts, the door opened, and another operative came in.

It was a female Remnant that matched the towering height of Geldren, wearing a vest atop her blue-tinted attire.

"Thunderwall reporting.", she said with a strong tone. "I apologize for my lateness, I was held back by some personal matters. I will take the punishment if it is necessary."

"That won't be necessary.", the woman said. "Take a seat."

"Understood.", Thunderwall responded with a firm, militaristic nod, then headed towards an empty spot to take a seat in.

The woman would wait for another moment, before finally pressing a button at her device with a sigh. After doing so, she would rise from her seat and cast her gaze upon the five operatives before her, and step forward. With a quick adjustment of her glasses, she began to speak with a more authoritative, yet informative tone.

"It seems that there won't be any other operatives that will arrive at this briefing.", she said. "I assume you are all informed of what is going on at Gael at this point?"

Tag/s: Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 , Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 , FabulousTrash FabulousTrash , Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

elf.jpeg
Aleina "Redleaf" Goldbloom
Interactions: Reinhardt Reinhardt (GM/Thunderwall), Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 (Kaplan)

While professionalism was something to maintain, it hardly mattered in some cases. An establishment renowned for absolute privacy would hardly make a blunder to jeopardize its reputation intentionally. Not to mention that if the risk were too great, they wouldn't be talking here to begin with. She also had confidence in Birdcaller's ability to make sure a meeting point was secure. It wasn't exactly as though every minor slip up was a life and death situation. Not to mention, she had hardly given specifics. All she had given was a friendly warning that Section would be dealing with legal shenanigans afterwords most likely. Then again, living a double life as a public figure in Ixia may slip into her general behavior, and people mistake her regular demeanor for a lack of professionalism.

Of course, this was Birdcaller. Normally, Aleina's all business when it comes to operations. She gets the information, performs her task, and reports back. A group case usually meant the operation was complicated, and it needed the units to work together. It also didn't hurt to have a conversation, and if it was about something mundane like the weather it isn't a risk. How would someone, save crazy conspiracy theorists, gleam complex detailed information and knowledge from someone talking about the weather?

After Thunderwall came in, asking for punishment like some kind of masochist, Birdcaller did the one thing Aleina really did not like people to do. Ask them to take the extra mile in determining the info on the job they were supposed to be informing of. Why do that? Usually people liked to pull that card when a job was especially big or obvious, but it was still something that got under her skin. Once she was able to speak, she had a few words to say.

"To start with the obvious, the sickening festivities of the President's birthday. Do we finally get to dig some dirt up on him? After listening to those intercoms all day, I'm almost ready to break my own rules and blackmail him for the sake of it. Aside from that, there is the fact that a smalltime security firm is resaling weapons on the blackmarket, but a warranty's coming for him within the week. Beyond that, I don't come to Gael enough to know every nook and cranny of the underbelly. Oh, could it be that it was all an elaborate trap to lure us in to the right place at the right time to become wrapped up in a grimdark conspiracy to take over the entire ARK?"

If the sarcasm wasn't clear at the start it sure picked up and peaked at the end. Her expression showed nothing but boredom despite her voice's surprisingly lively tones which added to the feeling of sarcasm.

"Personally, I'm here for a job. I don't know what the job is, all I know you need my skillset and that of the others in this room. If it was our job to inform ourselves of the details of the job, why call us here to inform us?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back